Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2011, 05:56 PM   #61
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/176/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Refuse to Quit View Post
Forget going gray! I am determined to die as a blond, I don't care what my natural color is!!!

Melissa
my kinda gal!!!
IM2fat is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-01-2011, 05:56 PM   #62
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
I'm in Mim. . . . Seriously. . I haven't felt this excited in while. I need it back. . Yoo Whoo. . . here we go!!

Nothing personal. .but I hope to smoke you on the first five pounds!!!
Dream on!
Mim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 05:57 PM   #63
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
I have decided to buy a GF type grill. Maybe even a GF! I used to have one and I used it for chicken, burgers and fish. It made things easy when I was in a hurry. I swore that I would not buy anything else because I have so much stuff. But I need this,don't you think?
Yes. . Yes. . you do!! I have to dig mine out, again too. . I recall I found one at the thrift store and was sooo excited. . just gotta remember where I put it. . If nothing else. put it on your Christmas list!!!
Old 11-01-2011, 05:58 PM   #64
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Dream on!
It is so on, lady!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-01-2011, 06:02 PM   #65
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Yeah deffy!! I have one in pink!! Looove it!
A pink, GF?? Seriously. I am sooo jealous!!!

I took my Hello Kitty toaster to work (I work with almost all men) and it is hilarious to see them eating their Kitty faced toast!! Plus I also chuckle to myself thinking of all the wasted carbs they are injesting. . hahaha
Old 11-01-2011, 06:16 PM   #66
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

OK. speaking of GF grills made me think of some other "gadgets" I was interested in. .

Does anyone remember the Turbo Cooker? (one of those As Seen on TV pans). . well. . I stumbled across mine the other day and couldn't believe I'd forgotten about it. . It makes fabulous meat. . you can go from frozen to tender in a flash. It isn't quite as fast as on TV but it is pretty speedy. I remember steaming fish and other unmentionables on the rack while cooking a steak in the bottom. . all without added oil. I'm gonna have to blow the dust off and see if I can re-create some magic! I bet it would be wonderful for the cola BBQ chicken that I used to love. . (I put it away because it was too small for my family of 6 - but I'm gonna be greedy and do it for me this time!)
Old 11-01-2011, 06:19 PM   #67
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I have another Made for TV thing I've had my eye on. . has anyone tried or do they have the Redi set go cooker? I've watched this adoringly on TV for years and swear I need it? What about you?

Xpress Redi-Set-Go Cooker : Get Ready for Grill & Oven Quality in Microwave Time!
Old 11-01-2011, 06:51 PM   #68
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Still watching Biggest Loser and still bawling like a baby! OMG> . I hate this!!
Old 11-01-2011, 08:06 PM   #69
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: becky123abc
Stats: 208/193/160 5'5.5"
Halloween --- a fun-size snicker bar isn't much fun ...but half a bag, now that is FUN! But the fun is very temporary...and the headache and puffy face the next day...= NOT FUN!

I knew better...I know better...

Back on track today...too scared to weigh for now! : )
becky123abc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 08:11 PM   #70
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by becky123abc View Post
Halloween --- a fun-size snicker bar isn't much fun ...but half a bag, now that is FUN! But the fun is very temporary...and the headache and puffy face the next day...= NOT FUN!

I knew better...I know better...

Back on track today...too scared to weigh for now! : )
Becky!! don't weigh in but pour the water, pump up the meat and wait a day .. you'll be back to normal in no time. The key is to let this be in the past and let it not interfer with your goals of today!! Remember. .nothing. . and I do repeat. .Nothing. . Tastes as good as thin feels!! Take it from me. . I so resemble your headache and puffy face!!!!

You'll do fine. just brush yourself off and jump back in. . Do it for YOU!!!
Old 11-01-2011, 08:13 PM   #71
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sorry for hijacking this thread .but I'm just too gosh darn pumped to stop!!!
Old 11-01-2011, 09:43 PM   #72
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nermo
Stats: 272/198 /180 for now
WOE: Stillman
Start Date: jan2010
IM- don't apologize u r giving me an adrenaline rush, lovingggggggg it. This is exactly what I need to stay on track. luv ya!

Chicken thighs and water all day today no goof ups. Yayyyyyyy me!
nermo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 05:21 AM   #73
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Good morning! IM - thanks for your enthusiasm. It is contagious! I need to be excited about this again. I have my plan for the day. I have the monthly lunch meeting and hopefully our host will not serve vegetarian today! I will not eat dessert. I am slammed all day, and probably won't get home until 7 tonight. I have my dinner ready - all I'll have to do is heat it. I'll do Callenetics tonight. I'm not weighing until until tomorrow because I want to weigh and measure and I can't find my tape measure! I suspect it is still packed. I'm off! But I'll check in sometime this afternoon.
Mim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 06:33 AM   #74
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Morning, Gals! I was so excited to log in and see you gals.. Mim and Nermo! Thank you for not yelling at me for being a page hog. .

I was 100% no carb yesterday. . yay me!! One full day down. . 2 more to go. . (I'm thinking in 3 days I'll have it licked.) . .a little moody yesterday and very emotional.. but that could be any number of things. . However, today. . I feel great! Eating my breakfast (delectible boiled eggs and hot sauce!). .and enjoying my Cup O Coffee. I did weigh in this morning just for kicks and grins and I'm still the same. Not surprising as I did a higher fat day than I had planned. Toning it down a bit today as I have chicken and grilled pork and tuna planned for my other meals.
Old 11-02-2011, 06:35 AM   #75
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Mim. .Good luck today. .I have no doubt you'll do great! Just give yourself a small pep talk before you head to your meeting. . Remember.. You can do it. . and you've had it and tasted it before and it wasn't that great to begin with and you'll be hungry an hour later. !!

Looking forward to your stellar report this evening!
Old 11-02-2011, 06:36 AM   #76
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nermo View Post
IM- don't apologize u r giving me an adrenaline rush, lovingggggggg it. This is exactly what I need to stay on track. luv ya!

Chicken thighs and water all day today no goof ups. Yayyyyyyy me!
No goof -up is correcto-mondo!!! I'm so glad to have you on my team. .

Here's to a perfect Wednesday!!!
Old 11-02-2011, 06:41 AM   #77
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I have a question for MIM: (the rest of you. . don't peek!).

Because I'm working on slowly easing back in the lower fat . . do you ever do chicken wings when you are on the higher fat version. .I have a hankering for some but I am kinda scared of them. I can seriously eat a whole plate in one sitting. . MMmmm. just thinking about it makes me wanna go whip some up. . Just curious if it interferred with losing? I realize I can't eat them every day.. all day. but maybe once this week?
Old 11-02-2011, 08:03 AM   #78
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nermo
Stats: 272/198 /180 for now
WOE: Stillman
Start Date: jan2010
Good morning! Woke up to a bunch of snow this morning. Schools are closed so kida are home for the day. Anyway the plan is to stay on track(fingers crossed).
IM- when I roast a chicken, I eat the entire thing, wings and all. Had no idea we had to watch which parts to eat. Oh well..
nermo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 08:38 AM   #79
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Refuse to Quit
Stats: 200/189/130
WOE: Primal/Stillmans
Start Date: November 1, 2011
Morning everyone - just a quick note (I'm at work) to say I made lots of little burgers and brought them in to work with me and have been eating them - works like a charm. I think of something I shouldn't eat and I stick a piece of meat in my mouth!

And yes, IM2, I started at 51. But prior to that I was always an emotional train wreck - I htink doing B-100s really, really helped with that!!!!

I'll be back in a bit! So far so good.

Melissa
Refuse to Quit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 09:44 AM   #80
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nermo View Post
Good morning! Woke up to a bunch of snow this morning. Schools are closed so kida are home for the day. Anyway the plan is to stay on track(fingers crossed).
IM- when I roast a chicken, I eat the entire thing, wings and all. Had no idea we had to watch which parts to eat. Oh well..
LOL... what about the bones!!! At first glance, that's the way I took it. .
Old 11-02-2011, 09:45 AM   #81
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Morning everyone - just a quick note (I'm at work) to say I made lots of little burgers and brought them in to work with me and have been eating them - works like a charm. I think of something I shouldn't eat and I stick a piece of meat in my mouth!

And yes, IM2, I started at 51. But prior to that I was always an emotional train wreck - I htink doing B-100s really, really helped with that!!!!

I'll be back in a bit! So far so good.

Melissa
B-100. . as in B12. . or just vitamin B?

Just crazy. . i thought I had a few more years. . but no one ever said I was normal!!!.

I really feel like I had a hot flash or two last night. . but then my sister-in-law snapped me back to reality and told me it was just my metabolism kicking in!! ya think? Wouldn't that be cool. . however . .way. . way to early. .I haven't even had my kicking breath yet!!!

Last edited by IM2fat; 11-02-2011 at 09:48 AM..
Old 11-02-2011, 10:30 AM   #82
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
B-100. . as in B12. . or just vitamin B?

Just crazy. . i thought I had a few more years. . but no one ever said I was normal!!!.

I really feel like I had a hot flash or two last night. . but then my sister-in-law snapped me back to reality and told me it was just my metabolism kicking in!! ya think? Wouldn't that be cool. . however . .way. . way to early. .I haven't even had my kicking breath yet!!!
B-100s are a combination pill containing ALL the Bs. I LOVE them. They have saved me many, many a time. If you feel like you've totally lost control take THREE and see how you feel in 15 minutes. If you feel better then continue to take them once a day... I started this in 1985 and never looked back. Don't get the kind that have other vitamins in them, get a plain B-100.

Ok, so I don't really want to know that there are restrictions on what part of the chicken I can eat... but on the other side of that statement, I really want to lose weight - so I guess I need to do whatever it takes. My understanding (and this is my first full day of doing this WOE) is that you can't eat the skin of course, no added fats, but anything else I'm missing? Please tell me as I'm a real newbie here!!!!! And should I be waiting weeks for a weight loss or will it "kick in" right away?

I have chicken breasts lined up for the afternoon and I think some trout for dinner What's everyone else having for dinner?

Otherwise I take Mark Sissons (Paleo-speak) Damage Control Master Formula vitamins twice a day, in addition to Pro-fema which is supposed to control hot flases and also has vitamins in it.

Melissa

Last edited by Refuse to Quit; 11-02-2011 at 10:35 AM..
Old 11-02-2011, 12:05 PM   #83
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Quote:
Ok I so don't believe the grey hair thing!! You telling me that our ancestors had no grey hair????? Not buying it!!
I've got some grey hairs that are now growing back brown?? Grey at the bottom, brown at the root! Will I think! Had a neighbour years ago, 70 and not a grey hair and not dyed either.

Last edited by makemeslim; 11-02-2011 at 12:13 PM..
makemeslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 12:21 PM   #84
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
I've got some grey hairs that are now growing back brown?? Grey at the bottom, brown at the root! Will I think! Had a neighbour years ago, 70 and not a grey hair and not dyed either.
MUST SAY i ONLY HAVE ABOUT TEN THOUGH BUT ALL THE SAME THEY ARE TURNING BACK BROWN, sorry for the caps, can't be bothered to change it.
makemeslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 12:35 PM   #85
Senior LCF Member

Hi makemeslim! Unfortunatley I didn't care for the natural color of my hair (a mousy brown) and have been blond since I was about 20. BUT that said, it's nice to know that eating junk food really does effect your hair color... not to mention a host of other things!

Melissa
Old 11-02-2011, 02:05 PM   #86
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
Ok I so don't believe the grey hair thing!! You telling me that our ancestors had no grey hair????? Not buying it!!

no, but I will tell you that going began for three years sent me right into perimenopause, hair went massively greyer and teeth went downhill, I needed more dental work than I've ever had in my life after three years of no meat......
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 02:09 PM   #87
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Hi CC - this would be REALLY nice as I am now 56 and have been going through menopause since I turned 51. I am so tired of it. I take profema which helps a bit, but it would be nice to be rid of them once and for all. I'll never know if I have gray hair because I dye mine at the first hint of my roots showing! Now to lose the (insert your favorite curse word here) weight!!!!

Melissa
BWAAAAAAAAHAHAHA and is it Missy or Mel?

try ebeining primrose oil for the flashes.........seriously, after you detox from carbs they will be half or less of what you are having now.

and YAY another thirtysomething on the board!
Old 11-02-2011, 02:14 PM   #88
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Ok googled about the grey hair thing and apparentky people are saying they're noticing a reduction in it!! Cool! I don't have any (still too young! Ha!) and hoping I've my Mum's genes cos she's just turned 60 ( but we don't say'!!) and she has none! She's a lot blonder than me though.
People have also said their hair feels curlier--hmmm mine is wavy and it takes and holds a good curl. I do notice that it kinda curls well by itself if I dry it naturally and just twirl it round my fingers--but I thought that was cos I had 'trained' it cos I always use tongs or velcro rollers (tis a really good look in the mornings!!)
Ooh jealous.........mum and I both got our first grey at 28....

'I always use tongs or velcro rollers (tis a really good look in the mornings!!'

Old 11-02-2011, 02:15 PM   #89
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

GT did you just spew tea all over your fone?
Old 11-02-2011, 02:18 PM   #90
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I have decided to buy a GF type grill. Maybe even a GF! I used to have one and I used it for chicken, burgers and fish. It made things easy when I was in a hurry. I swore that I would not buy anything else because I have so much stuff. But I need this,don't you think?
of course! making things easy is half the battle.....like cooking up loads so it's at the ready!