Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2011, 06:49 AM   #271
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
I am in the zone indeed! The cravings are gone and I'm over induction flu! Tomorrow marks one week and weigh in. I'm not sure what to expect. I know I've lost and while I would like to lose 100 pounds in a week, I think I will be very happy with 4. I'm not a fast loser and will be happy with slow and steady. An average of 2 pounds will be fine. I have committed to making this my way of eating for life.

I'm dashing out the door. I have some work to do in the office and then lunch - where I will make good choices! Happy Wednesday!
Mim is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-09-2011, 07:08 AM   #272
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Refuse to Quit
Stats: 200/189/130
WOE: Primal/Stillmans
Start Date: November 1, 2011
Good Morning IM! Keep up the great work!

Good Morning Mim! No cravings - so nice!!!!!

And I just got my copy of the QWLD by Stillman - oh man talk about yellow pages!!!! But I'm going to read it just for the fun of it!

Wishing everyone a wonderful 100% perfect Stillman Wednesday!!!!!

M
Refuse to Quit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 07:58 AM   #273
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Well, now I've done it! I made an appointment to get my hair cut tomorrow. I'm going to a real salon, not a 9 dollar a cut joint. I have a picture - a Helen Mirren style. First the ear re-piercing and now a new hair style! There is no stopping me!
Old 11-09-2011, 08:33 AM   #274
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/177/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
Well, now I've done it! I made an appointment to get my hair cut tomorrow. I'm going to a real salon, not a 9 dollar a cut joint. I have a picture - a Helen Mirren style. First the ear re-piercing and now a new hair style! There is no stopping me!
Go, you!!!

I wanted to go get a haircut last night but it was too dark and dreary. .I need something new, too.. kinda scared. .
IM2fat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 08:34 AM   #275
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Morning, M!!! Enjoy that book. . and be sure to share any pointers.. we can all use some reminders. .

I re-read the sticky the other day for inspiration!!
IM2fat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 12:24 PM   #276
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Have fun, Mim!!!!! I have long blond hair that I am going to chop off as soon as I reach goal! Can't wait.

Hi IM! I will try and get through it tonight. I LOVE the language - so quaint!!!! No, actually, I really adore Stillman, direct and to the point, he never beat around the bush!!!!!

M
Old 11-09-2011, 03:24 PM   #277
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Hi peeps!! Sorry I've been MIA! Mum was here and I've also got a second job so I literally don't have a minute!! Glad you're all doing well and are on plan.
Yeah I loooove Stillman's language too--he deffy tells it as it is!! No excuses with him. And he calls us overweights--the cheek!!!!
Ok it's 12:24 here so I'm off to bed-nitey nite!
Hope everything went well for Makeme.
Getting there!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 03:24 PM   #278
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Oh I've got to change my avi!!!!!
Getting there!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 03:47 PM   #279
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Hi peeps!! Sorry I've been MIA! Mum was here and I've also got a second job so I literally don't have a minute!! Glad you're all doing well and are on plan.
Yeah I loooove Stillman's language too--he deffy tells it as it is!! No excuses with him. And he calls us overweights--the cheek!!!!
Hey GT!!!! ROTFLMAO at the language in this book - so quaint. Just love it. But in terms of information? No, there is nothing in there we don't already know. And in truth, so much more has been learned about how the body loses weight doing no/low carbs that he has been somewhat outdated. But it's still a fun read from back in the day.

Had delightful scallops for dinner! So far, my plan is WORKING!!!!! I did weigh in today, but because of my indiscretion on Sunday, I was up a pound, so now to stay ON plan!!!!!

M
Old 11-09-2011, 04:36 PM   #280
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Oh my! another job? I hope you still have time to hang out with us!
Old 11-09-2011, 04:41 PM   #281
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refuse to Quit View Post
Have fun, Mim!!!!! I have long blond hair that I am going to chop off as soon as I reach goal! Can't wait.

Hi IM! I will try and get through it tonight. I LOVE the language - so quaint!!!! No, actually, I really adore Stillman, direct and to the point, he never beat around the bush!!!!!

M
I'm trying to do things for me now. I feel so dowdy - I really need a lift. My appointment tomorrow is in a full service salon - massage, mani,pedis. I hope this works out because I would like to get in the routine of getting massage and pedis again. Depending on the cost, I can probably afford these every two months. I used to do this monthly and felt so good - physically and I felt good about myself.
Old 11-09-2011, 04:44 PM   #282
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

I have been hungry today. I'm not craving any forbidden foods, I'm just hungry! So, I've been eating. The beauty of this plan is the ability to eat when hungry.
Old 11-09-2011, 04:47 PM   #283
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: jazzybelle10
Stats: 263/243/150
WOE: Still mans/ Atkins- Long term Induction
Start Date: re-up 9-22-2011
HELLOOOOOO!!!!

Good Evening All,

I have still been creeping around the boards quietly, you guys always keep me so inspired. I started at the end of September and as of now I am down 20 lbs. I feel great! I see that you guys have been maintaining !!!!! You guys are the best bunch of LOSERS ever. I always get so motivated when I come to the this thread cause so many of the others just fade away.

Someone please tell me how you are having your coffee, I have had a few days where I needed like 3 cups

Bratty- Hope the back is feeling better !!!!

Mim - glad your over the induction flu and I too would love to lose 100 lbs yesterday that would put me under my goal.

Refuse to quit - you have been doing an awesome job Keep up the good work!

CCgirl _ about the boy shorts, I purchased some as well and had to send in the search party to find them, after climbing the stairs to get to my office. LOL

Getting There - Don t know how you do it . 2 jobs? I need another but I cant wrap my brain around it.

IM2fat - Thanks so much for posting your eats, It helps me stay true to what I need to be doing.

I started adding in things like regular bacon and ham and coffee with sugar free creamer and wonder why the scales haven't moved in 2 weeks? So I heading to the plan.

So whats everyones plan for Thanksgiving? I plan on having an Atkins friendly meal for a few days then right back to Stills. Im going to make the Low carb pumpkin pie, Faux tatos green beans and have some Turkey. Ive been looking for the sugar free cranberry Jello to substitute for the cranberry sauce but I haven't been able to find it yet.

PS Thanks for the tip on the magnesium and the B-100's. Ill be going to find some tomorrow.

Happy Losing Guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Big wish 150 by Summer

Goal 150

Just hopped back on!

I just wanna be slim sexy and dangerously curvy [COLOR="Blue"][/COLOR]y
jazzybelle10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 05:07 PM   #284
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzybelle10 View Post
Good Evening All,

I have still been creeping around the boards quietly, you guys always keep me so inspired. I started at the end of September and as of now I am down 20 lbs. I feel great! I see that you guys have been maintaining !!!!! You guys are the best bunch of LOSERS ever. I always get so motivated when I come to the this thread cause so many of the others just fade away.

Someone please tell me how you are having your coffee, I have had a few days where I needed like 3 cups

Mim - glad your over the induction flu and I too would love to lose 100 lbs yesterday that would put me under my goal.

CCgirl _ about the boy shorts, I purchased some as well and had to send in the search party to find them, after climbing the stairs to get to my office. LOL

Getting There - Don t know how you do it . 2 jobs? I need another but I cant wrap my brain around it.

IM2fat - Thanks so much for posting your eats, It helps me stay true to what I need to be doing.

I started adding in things like regular bacon and ham and coffee with sugar free creamer and wonder why the scales haven't moved in 2 weeks? So I heading to the plan.

So whats everyones plan for Thanksgiving? I plan on having an Atkins friendly meal for a few days then right back to Stills. Im going to make the Low carb pumpkin pie, Faux tatos green beans and have some Turkey. Ive been looking for the sugar free cranberry Jello to substitute for the cranberry sauce but I haven't been able to find it yet.

PS Thanks for the tip on the magnesium and the B-100's. Ill be going to find some tomorrow.

I'm planning on staying on plan for Thanksgiving. That is, if I'm alone. And I really would enjoy being alone. My dd, sil and the grandbabies will be away and I would like to take the time to just be. However, there is an invitation looming that I'm trying to avoid but might have to accept. In that case, I'll do the best I can! I'm going to make a big turkey and freeze some and make soup. Yummy!
Old 11-09-2011, 05:25 PM   #285
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I'm trying to do things for me now. I feel so dowdy - I really need a lift. My appointment tomorrow is in a full service salon - massage, mani,pedis. I hope this works out because I would like to get in the routine of getting massage and pedis again. Depending on the cost, I can probably afford these every two months. I used to do this monthly and felt so good - physically and I felt good about myself.
Mim, dowdy is not good. Losing weight, getting your hair done, buying some fun clothes - and of course, manis and pedis really help!!!! So I strongly support you in doing all that you can to combat it! But for me, losing weight is the best defense against dowdy. And I'm doing it!!!!!

M
Old 11-09-2011, 05:28 PM   #286
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
Hi everyone!

I had this brilliant thought which I got from reading about healthywage.com on yahoo.com news- (you bet them to lose weight). Such a great idea - it would really motivate me to stick to plan if I knew I had money riding on it! I've been trying to hook up on their website, but it must be overloaded because it's extremely slow. Anyway, I took the idea to the next step (for me, anyway) of betting people I know - I'm thinking something like $10 that I can lose my weight (70 pounds) by next summer. If I don't do it, I have to pay THEM $10. I think it's brilliant. So far I've managed to drum up 12 people. But I want to get around 50. That's money worth sticking to plan for! And then ta-da! it's summer and all that goes with it. I'm loving this idea!

Ok, so I had a small burger, small piece of chicken and a small piece of steak for dinner. My inner cavewoman has been inspired!!!!!

M
OMG loser gambling............love it!!!!!!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
Happy. .cold. . dark. . dreary . . Tuesday! Between the time change and the rain. It looks like Midnight. .uccckyy. .

But, . . I shall not let that get me down. .

If these stupid PMS symptoms don't get me down. . nothing will. . I'm just thrilled because it explains all my other issues this week! But. I still wonder. . what the heck? I'm very early. . soo. . Me thinks a woosh by mid week should be in order, right? And. to top it off. . I go to the Doc on Thursday!!! Lovely timing - I'm really gonna scare him, now!!!
Meoooreorr!!!!!!! Ooh look out! Hating the time change too!!!!!!!
Quote:
When I lose a significant amount - I haven't decided what that is yet - I'm going to have folk in my congregation sponsor each pound with the money going to the foodbank. I love your idea! You will have money to buy new skinny clothes!
O Mim that's brilliant! You are so inspiring! Only you would think to involve the cong. into positive results from your losing.......if I were a community leader I wouldn't want them noticing......
Quote:
I didn't eat any pancakes! I had two sausages. They are quite yummy.
o YEAH baby, bangers (saudage in UK) rock!!!!!!!!!!!

MMS will you please tell us how sausage became bangers over there? The word evokes quite different meanings over here
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 05:30 PM   #287
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

OK who's watching the CMT awards.........is it me or do all these gals have the thick hip action going on like me???????? Must be the cameras........I can't really be looking that godd, could I?

(group smacks me in head for being narcissistic)
Old 11-09-2011, 05:47 PM   #288
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post

O Mim that's brilliant! You are so inspiring! Only you would think to involve the cong. into positive results from your losing.......if I were a community leader I wouldn't want them noticing......
Well, it is going to be noticed because I plan on losing over 100 pounds! Somewhere around 40 pounds lost it will be very clear that I'm losing weight. I actually told some folk last night that the reason I didn't eat pancakes or eat anything from the baked goods table is because I'm doing low carb. One very elderly woman said she watches her carbs too. So, when it is apparent that I am serious about this weight loss thing, it will be fun to use it to help others.
Old 11-09-2011, 05:49 PM   #289
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I am in the zone indeed! The cravings are gone and I'm over induction flu! Tomorrow marks one week and weigh in. I'm not sure what to expect. I know I've lost and while I would like to lose 100 pounds in a week, I think I will be very happy with 4. I'm not a fast loser and will be happy with slow and steady. An average of 2 pounds will be fine. I have committed to making this my way of eating for life.

I'm dashing out the door. I have some work to do in the office and then lunch - where I will make good choices! Happy Wednesday!
O yeah babe low and slow, enjoy every minute, 'sides who can afford the transformation, OMG I think I'm going to have to buy smaller shoes now, what blasphemy, all my coveted beauties I can't bear to tell them all, just got another two pairs of Coaches too.......
Quote:
Good Morning IM! Keep up the great work!

Good Morning Mim! No cravings - so nice!!!!!

And I just got my copy of the QWLD by Stillman - oh man talk about yellow pages!!!! But I'm going to read it just for the fun of it!

Wishing everyone a wonderful 100% perfect Stillman Wednesday!!!!!

M
seems we're all waking on the skinny side of the bed these days..........rock on y'all!!!!!!!!
Quote:
O you go girl, another side effect of the WOE you get more diva/fashionista/girly as the pounds roll away!!!!!!!
Quote:

M
LOL he is blunt, like a used car salesman, not like these other folks who ripped off the knowledge, all sciencey......hey, it works, take it or leave it.

RTQ my blonde locks were at mid thigh, bear in mind I am a small giant at 5'8" so that means my hair was over 44 inches long from top of head to end.........LOL another blonde New Yorker, I'll bet you feel like the odd bird with all the Italianistas/Guidettes down there (I did)
anyway I chopped about ten inches off this summer so it's about hitting my tailbone.....DH does not know......yes I saved the tail.......
Quote:
love you girl..........second job?????? Got another LV bag on reserve????
Quote:
Hey GT!!!! ROTFLMAO at the language in this book - so quaint. Just love it. But in terms of information? No, there is nothing in there we don't already know. And in truth, so much more has been learned about how the body loses weight doing no/low carbs that he has been somewhat outdated. But it's still a fun read from back in the day.

Had delightful scallops for dinner! So far, my plan is WORKING!!!!! I did weigh in today, but because of my indiscretion on Sunday, I was up a pound, so now to stay ON plan!!!!!

M
O girl how did you cook them, got sick of laying out the cash for meh blech not delish recipes.......truthfully after three years of veganism I am not fish friendly these days......too many ribeyes to make up for........I love them cows, love eatin' them, love wearing' them
Quote:
O girl, the benefits far outweigh the cost, I am considering leaving something in my will for my salon
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzybelle10 View Post
Good Evening All,

thongs are da bomb!!!!!!!!!!

TG will be uneventful for us, we're postponing it til mum comes Dec. 10, I stick as close as possible but hey it's a holiday with fam so a mashed potato here and a piece o pie there ain't gonna kill me, mom is 2000 miles away so it's more precious to enjoy fam and skip a day then be miserable trying to be clean and not enjoy the folks, life is too short. Don't sweat the small stuff, we could all be hit by a bus tomorrow.......
Quote:
Mim, dowdy is not good. Losing weight, getting your hair done, buying some fun clothes - and of course, manis and pedis really help!!!! So I strongly support you in doing all that you can to combat it! But for me, losing weight is the best defense against dowdy. And I'm doing it!!!!!

M
let's get our girly on y'all!!!!!!! Losers rock!!!!!!!

Last edited by CCGirl; 11-09-2011 at 05:52 PM..
Old 11-09-2011, 05:57 PM   #290
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Well, it is going to be noticed because I plan on losing over 100 pounds! Somewhere around 40 pounds lost it will be very clear that I'm losing weight. I actually told some folk last night that the reason I didn't eat pancakes or eat anything from the baked goods table is because I'm doing low carb. One very elderly woman said she watches her carbs too. So, when it is apparent that I am serious about this weight loss thing, it will be fun to use it to help others.
already you have an ally that gets it, that is soooo huge......the skinny congregation! I can see it now..........the Lord tells us to go shoe shopping.. just kidding......O halleluja........whatever works, faith is a powerful thing.........just think of the diva choir as you catch them on fire, the hottie pastor gal........the Lord made us human, right? Should we not rejoice in our beauty? Does it not make us rejoice even more?

One of my good customers is a pastor who wrote a book.....Google Paul Kurts.......his theory of we do not have to be perfect because the Lord knows that is not the case is right up my alley.......OK so I'm a slacker, at least I know my limitations.........
Old 11-09-2011, 06:02 PM   #291
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Taylor Swift is soo cute, but with her low forehead her stylist should be shot............
Old 11-09-2011, 06:05 PM   #292
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Reese Witherspoon is in the audience!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-09-2011, 06:08 PM   #293
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

and all the dancers are wearing boy shorts!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-09-2011, 06:09 PM   #294
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

O Nicole still looks like she's still hooked on the botox too!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-09-2011, 06:11 PM   #295
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

okay gotta stop, like I could ever look like them anyway!!!!! CYA tomorrow, have to brush up on my Icelandic.......old customer checking in, he is too cool and has money to burn!!!!!!!!
Old 11-09-2011, 06:17 PM   #296
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

either the girl in Lady Antebellum is pregnsnt ot something is awry, ner arms are huge??? whoever put her in a sleeveless tank is insane!
Old 11-09-2011, 06:18 PM   #297
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

CC - step away from the TV!

I am going to bed. I hope to have a good night's sleep! That hasn't happened since the time change.
Old 11-09-2011, 06:22 PM   #298
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

OK seriously gotta stop, like I could hold a candle to there folkd.........
Old 11-09-2011, 07:32 PM   #299
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: becky123abc
Stats: 205/199/160 5'5.5"
TOM came six days early and surprised me this month. I almost gave in to bakery treats in the teacher's lounge today. But I'm glad I resisted. Hoping to see a loss when TOM leaves.

I did go treat myself to a SF Peppermint Starbuck drink...that was my TOM treat, I guess.

I sure do feel bloated...but at least I didn't eat all of those carbs!
becky123abc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 07:50 PM   #300
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:

M
Except when your hair looks really stupid afterwards. .

I haven't had a haircut in forever. I was letting it grow out from my last perm and could hardly stand it any longer. . My bangs were supposed to be cut to my eyebrows. . well. shrinkage and they look like they've been surgically removed!!! There is no way to gracefullly hide this detail. .

So. .after all that. . I better lose something this week or I will do something. . (not sure what yet. . but there will be something done!). .

Perhaps my mood swings are catching up to me.