Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2011, 02:44 AM   #151
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Ok I got the Insanity DVDs and watched a few last night!!!! OMG they look unbelievably tough!!!! I think they're gonna show me, I'm probably not as fit as I thought!!!!
Oh he said 'that s.... is bananas'!!!!!!!
Oh and watching the fit test, I just wanted to hit -is she called Tonya??---seriously she couldn't contain her smugness!!!!!

Sponsored Links
Old 10-05-2011, 05:06 AM   #152
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: becky123abc
Stats: 210/174/160 5'5"
It is so wonderful, when you reject ice cream cake the night before...and wake up to a pound loss!! Yes!!! I'm so close to the 150's!!!
Old 10-05-2011, 06:40 AM   #153
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
yay Becky!!!!!!!!!!! kick that crap to the curb, WTG!!!!!!

GT have you ever considered being a fitness instructor or something like it? At least your fam couldn't bee about all the excersize.........

just got back from my 2 mile hike........breezy and chilly but no rain for a change.....wondering what to do with the dozen chik thighs I roasted last nite......by the end of the week it will be too hot to cook, highs in the upper 70s
Old 10-05-2011, 09:10 AM   #154
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 195/195/175 5'3.5
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011
Hi Guys,

Its unusually warm here today like +30 I tried to go for my run this am but the weather and the dehydration from sleeping made it hard I ended up quiting halfway through because I was so tired now I am gonna have to run tomorrow to make up for it ugh!

Part of the reason I am tired is because I went to my (cute, young) neighbours last night to get him to help me move something and we ended up hanging out til like 1 am.... oops haha
Old 10-05-2011, 09:15 AM   #155
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

yay she put the moves on the new boy

I did see on the news it's like 80s in North Dakota....that's kinda near you right Mar???????
Old 10-05-2011, 09:24 AM   #156
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
yay she put the moves on the new boy

I did see on the news it's like 80s in North Dakota....that's kinda near you right Mar???????
haha he invited me over so therefore he put the moves on me lol

He invited me over for bacon, he knoew the way to my heart lol

Yeah I am an hour North of the ND border
Old 10-05-2011, 10:30 AM   #157
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
Hi Guys,

Its unusually warm here today like +30 I tried to go for my run this am but the weather and the dehydration from sleeping made it hard I ended up quiting halfway through because I was so tired now I am gonna have to run tomorrow to make up for it ugh!

Part of the reason I am tired is because I went to my (cute, young) neighbours last night to get him to help me move something and we ended up hanging out til like 1 am.... oops haha
30???? I'm jealous!!! Cute boys??? jealous!!!!
Old 10-05-2011, 10:35 AM   #158
Big Yapper!!!!

Actually I have really thought of doing a course in fitness instruction etc. I think it would be a nice 'ending' to my weight loss! I would do something like a 'WW leader'--but there's nothing like that for Stills/LC/Dukan. Maybe I could combine the two things!! Dunno!! I wanna spread the word!!!.......at the very least it would guarantee I'd stay thin!!
Old 10-05-2011, 10:44 AM   #159
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Actually I have really thought of doing a course in fitness instruction etc. I think it would be a nice 'ending' to my weight loss! I would do something like a 'WW leader'--but there's nothing like that for Stills/LC/Dukan. Maybe I could combine the two things!! Dunno!! I wanna spread the word!!!.......at the very least it would guarantee I'd stay thin!!
That's a good idea, if I ever make it out of the 140's, I have been here since March although its not stills fault its mine, I would like to do something like that. The cute bi\oy said I was in shape it made my night haha
Old 10-05-2011, 10:47 AM   #160
Big Yapper!!!!

Oh and I'm now completely a UK6/US2---was trying on clothes today and the stores that only had 8s--the stuff was too big! Could not keep any skirts up!! Yay--cos for a while I was kinda between the two. It's not all good though cos a lot of our shops' smallest sizes are 8s!! ..........there's one------ Miss Selfridge that does a UK4----so the size zero!!! My next stop!!! I'm hoping Insanity will get me to their skinny jeans!!!
I'll tell you peeps though, it really is a strange feeling. It felt weird cos I definitely don't feel as though I'm that small so I kept staring at the labels to make sure it was true. I still feel as though I take a UK12 or 14---so I always think there must be something wrong with the clothes. And on the 1Nov 08 when I started I couldn't even wear the biggest size in the stores I shop at now. I do thank Stills every day for that. I just wish sometimes I enjoyed it more--oh the shopping, I do!!! But even watching MTV's IUTBF--they were all like I love myself now, I can't believe I look this good, I have so much confidence.......... I just don't feel that. It kind of spoils it slightly. Maybe it will come.

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!(not even chocolate!)
Old 10-05-2011, 10:48 AM   #161
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
That's a good idea, if I ever make it out of the 140's, I have been here since March although its not stills fault its mine, I would like to do something like that. The cute bioy said I was in shape it made my night haha
Oh i love him!! Ya gotta love men--they are so less critical than us!!
Old 10-05-2011, 11:04 AM   #162
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Oh i love him!! Ya gotta love men--they are so less critical than us!!

yep I could totally see you two as instructors, very motivating!

he invited you over for bacon? Is that a common act of courting for your kind in the frozen even more North than myself?

GT, all I can say is that sometimes, like love, we are looking for the feeling of being swept away or over the moon, and love isn't always like that.

You're def enjoying your new bod, otherwise you would abhor shopping. The new you will develop gradually, just like your weight loss. Every pound that goes takes with it an emotion, an outlook, a feeling. Like the onion, every layer is different......

I do know the feeling of looking at clothes and sizes feeling skewed.....I can pick up a top and just tell that even tho it's a S it's enormous......freakin' 36D-DD and I'm wearing S and XS.........
Old 10-05-2011, 11:04 AM   #163
Big Yapper!!!!

My thing has changed to ---Big Yapper!!!!!!!
Old 10-05-2011, 11:25 AM   #164
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:

yep I could totally see you two as instructors, very motivating!

he invited you over for bacon? Is that a common act of courting for your kind in the frozen even more North than myself?

GT, all I can say is that sometimes, like love, we are looking for the feeling of being swept away or over the moon, and love isn't always like that.

You're def enjoying your new bod, otherwise you would abhor shopping. The new you will develop gradually, just like your weight loss. Every pound that goes takes with it an emotion, an outlook, a feeling. Like the onion, every layer is different......

I do know the feeling of looking at clothes and sizes feeling skewed.....I can pick up a top and just tell that even tho it's a S it's enormous......freakin' 36D-DD and I'm wearing S and XS.........
Is that smiley me screaming at my clas???!!!!! Ha!!!!!

I missed the bacon thing!!!! Too funny!!!!!!

Yeah I do love shopping. When I get the stuff home I'm never too sure. And when I look in tthe mirror I never think I look good. It takes me an age to ge5t dressed in the morning. I think I look solid and chunky. Sometimes I think I have to keep trying on clothes to make sure they will fit.
But you see my thinking about the sizes-yeah I know it's stupid and irrevelant---but we talk all the time about vanity sizing, and yeah I know it's true, clothes have got bigger. But I look at you or your stats and I think, ok you weigh more than me, your BMI is bigger than mine, and now your measurements are bigger-I take a 32B--and you take the same top size as me----so I think how can that be??? Am I not weighing right? Am I so weirdly light bone-wise that really I look as though I'm a lot bigger? I look at people in the changing rooms and wonder how I can wear the same size as them when I'm a lot bigger. oh God I know I spend way too much time thinking about it. but it just drives me crazy. Everyone tells me I'm thin and I just don't see it or feel it. I always think that when people I know tell me it's because they're comparing it to before---or that it's because they love me and ya know, love is blind!!!!! Oh I'm gonna shut up!!!!! I'm boring myself now!!!!
Old 10-05-2011, 11:48 AM   #165
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
My thing has changed to ---Big Yapper!!!!!!!
indeed....the lecturer.........oh the irony.......
Old 10-05-2011, 11:52 AM   #166
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Is that smiley me screaming at my clas???!!!!! Ha!!!!!

I missed the bacon thing!!!! Too funny!!!!!!

Yeah I do love shopping. When I get the stuff home I'm never too sure. And when I look in tthe mirror I never think I look good. It takes me an age to ge5t dressed in the morning. I think I look solid and chunky. Sometimes I think I have to keep trying on clothes to make sure they will fit.
But you see my thinking about the sizes-yeah I know it's stupid and irrevelant---but we talk all the time about vanity sizing, and yeah I know it's true, clothes have got bigger. But I look at you or your stats and I think, ok you weigh more than me, your BMI is bigger than mine, and now your measurements are bigger-I take a 32B--and you take the same top size as me----so I think how can that be??? Am I not weighing right? Am I so weirdly light bone-wise that really I look as though I'm a lot bigger? I look at people in the changing rooms and wonder how I can wear the same size as them when I'm a lot bigger. oh God I know I spend way too much time thinking about it. but it just drives me crazy. Everyone tells me I'm thin and I just don't see it or feel it. I always think that when people I know tell me it's because they're comparing it to before---or that it's because they love me and ya know, love is blind!!!!! Oh I'm gonna shut up!!!!! I'm boring myself now!!!!
nawwwwwww it's not that complicated......I like clothes fitted.....always hated even the slightest baggy..methinks it makes you look even bigger no matter what your size........there is no hiding......hate hate hate baggy things, give me snug........

it has a lot to do with the way you wear your clothes.....take mum, she can fit in S and 6s but does not like fitted (read tighter??) so she gets Ms and 8s

and sometimes I look and say wow I look the same as before how can it be????????
Old 10-05-2011, 11:53 AM   #167
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

screaming in class..LOL
Old 10-05-2011, 12:00 PM   #168
Big Yapper!!!!

I adore that angry smiley---seriously I could watch him for hours!!!! And when he wiggles one hand it's like---blah blah talk to the hand!!! I gotta grow up!!!
Old 10-05-2011, 12:03 PM   #169
Big Yapper!!!!

Cooking turkey breasts in the oven----gawd they are taking for ever!!! I would have done them in Georgie but himself thinks they're really dry done that way! Well a dry dinner is better than none at all!! Ha!!
Old 10-05-2011, 01:16 PM   #170
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

mmmmmmm they had them on sale and of course were out of them when I arrived
Old 10-05-2011, 01:25 PM   #171
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

:
haha I have no idea if it ever is because guys never show interest in me but hey if it is i like it, I think bacon is seriously my favorite food!
Old 10-05-2011, 02:08 PM   #172
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
nawwwwwww it's not that complicated......I like clothes fitted.....always hated even the slightest baggy..methinks it makes you look even bigger no matter what your size........there is no hiding......hate hate hate baggy things, give me snug........

it has a lot to do with the way you wear your clothes.....take mum, she can fit in S and 6s but does not like fitted (read tighter??) so she gets Ms and 8s

and sometimes I look and say wow I look the same as before how can it be????????
All I know is that at 154lbs-which would give me your BMI---I wasn't or wouldn't be wearing Ss here!! They just wouldn't fit!!! Nothing to do with wearing fitted or baggy clothes!! Maybe the US has more venity sizing that Europe!!
Old 10-05-2011, 02:11 PM   #173
Big Yapper!!!!

They didn't turn out tough!!! Yay!! Had a huge bowl of brocoli too!! So leftovers tomorrow for lunch! Ha!
Old 10-05-2011, 05:20 PM   #174
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
haha I have no idea if it ever is because guys never show interest in me but hey if it is i like it, I think bacon is seriously my favorite food!
then it's a def good start to a possible romance.......I would be worried if he came up with tofu and sprouts
Old 10-05-2011, 05:22 PM   #175
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
All I know is that at 154lbs-which would give me your BMI---I wasn't or wouldn't be wearing Ss here!! They just wouldn't fit!!! Nothing to do with wearing fitted or baggy clothes!! Maybe the US has more venity sizing that Europe!!
I wear S in knits and stretchy but M in 100 cotton dress shirts.......this should make you feel better.......trust me, I'm nowhere near your pixie sized self!
Old 10-05-2011, 05:23 PM   #176
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
They didn't turn out tough!!! Yay!! Had a huge bowl of brocoli too!! So leftovers tomorrow for lunch! Ha!
O that sounds like a good base for a casserole.......yum!
Old 10-05-2011, 05:28 PM   #177
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Turkey Divan

A delicious casserole with turkey, cheddar cheese, Parmesan cheese, and broccoli.
Ingredients:
•2 tablespoons butter
•2 tablespoons flour
•1 1/4 cups milk
•1 egg yolk, slightly beaten
•1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
•1/4 teaspoon salt
•1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
•1/4 cup grated Cheddar cheese
•2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen broccoli spears cooked and drained
•sliced cooked turkey, about 1 pound, enough for 6 servings
•2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
Preparation:
Melt butter. Add flour and cook, stirring until mixture bubbles. Remove from heat; gradually blend in milk and egg yolk. Add dry mustard, salt, and pepper. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture is thickened and begins to boil. Add Cheddar cheese and cook, stirring, until cheese is melted. Arrange hot broccoli and turkey in 12 x 8-inch dish, spooning sauce between layers and on top. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Broil about 4 inches from heat until cheese is browned.
Old 10-05-2011, 05:35 PM   #178
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Back to Turkey Tetrazzini
Printable Area
Turkey Tetrazzini
Recipe courtesy Emeril Lagasse, 2007

.Prep Time:10 minInactive Prep Time:-- Cook Time:1 hr 10 minLevel:
EasyServes:
10 servings.Recipe from "New New Orleans Cooking" by Emeril Lagasse and Jessie Tirsch, published by William Morrow, 1993

Ingredients
1 1/2 cups chopped onions
1/2 cup chopped red bell peppers
7 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 pound white button mushrooms, ends trimmed, sliced
1 1/2 teaspoons Essence, recipe follows
1/2 teaspoon freshly chopped thyme leaves
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup dry white wine
2 cups chicken stock or low-sodium canned chicken broth
1 3/4 cups heavy cream
12 ounces wide egg noodles
1 pound cubed or bite-size shredded roast turkey
1 tablespoon freshly chopped parsley leaves
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan
1 (5 1/2-ounce) bag potato chips, crushed
Directions
Saute the onions and bell peppers in 6 tablespoons butter in a large skillet or Dutch oven over high heat until soft, about 4 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 2 minutes, stirring. Add the mushrooms, Essence, and thyme and cook, stirring occasionally, until the mushrooms are soft and have released their liquid, about 6 minutes. Sprinkle with the flour and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add the wine and chicken stock and cook, stirring, until smooth and thick, about 2 minutes. Add the heavy cream and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the sauce is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon and very flavorful, 15 to 20 minutes.

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.

Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook the egg noodles until al dente, about 10 minutes. Drain in a colander and set aside.

Butter a 9 by 13-inch casserole or baking dish with the remaining tablespoon of butter and set aside.

When the sauce has thickened, add the noodles, turkey, parsley, salt, black pepper, and Parmesan to the skillet and stir until thoroughly combined. Transfer to the prepared casserole and top with the potato chips. Bake uncovered until bubbly and golden brown, about 30 minutes. Serve immediately.

Emeril's ESSENCE Creole Seasoning (also referred to as Bayou Blast):Emeril's ESSENCE Creole Seasoning (also referred to as Bayou Blast):
2 1/2 tablespoons paprika
2 tablespoons salt
2 tablespoons garlic powder
1 tablespoon black pepper
1 tablespoon onion powder
1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
1 tablespoon dried oregano
1 tablespoon dried thyme
Combine all ingredients thoroughly.

Yield: 2/3 cup

. Copyright 2011 Television Food Network G.P.
All Rights Reserved
Old 10-05-2011, 05:37 PM   #179
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

edit the potato chips, use FF half n half, lowfat parmesan, fresh thyme is hard to work with, but it grows wild all over here so I do it........
Old 10-05-2011, 05:38 PM   #180
Big Yapper!!!!

Oooh that sounds divine!!! For himself!! I don't do butter or cheese!! The fat content and cals scare me!!
Closed Thread