Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2011, 02:19 PM   #1171
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
I love this!
thanks Al, these beat yourself when you're down feelings is so deconstructive, I won't have any of it. If it's not good for you then don't do it. This has to change otherwise we remain food obsessed.

I know eat to live, not live to eat is a huge cliche but it really hits the nail on the head. No fried dough or eclair will ever replace loving yourself. And loving yourself spills over into your life. You and your loved ones will all feel the benefits.

Whoopee, big deal, you ate and now you regret. Life is too short to dwell. Move on, move forward, you can't go back to the past and change it but you CAN change what is in the present.

Once you are carb free you are also free of so many anchors it's too liberating to want to go back. The proven results of diseases and ailments that accompany a grain filled life should be lighting a fire under all of our butts. Say g'bye to diabetes, UCS, colitis, Crohn's, and on and on.

Kick carbs and choose life!

thus endeth the sermon......................

Sponsored Links
Old 10-30-2011, 03:35 PM   #1172
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
thanks Al, these beat yourself when you're down feelings is so deconstructive, I won't have any of it. If it's not good for you then don't do it. This has to change otherwise we remain food obsessed.

I know eat to live, not live to eat is a huge cliche but it really hits the nail on the head. No fried dough or eclair will ever replace loving yourself. And loving yourself spills over into your life. You and your loved ones will all feel the benefits.

Whoopee, big deal, you ate and now you regret. Life is too short to dwell. Move on, move forward, you can't go back to the past and change it but you CAN change what is in the present.

Once you are carb free you are also free of so many anchors it's too liberating to want to go back. The proven results of diseases and ailments that accompany a grain filled life should be lighting a fire under all of our butts. Say g'bye to diabetes, UCS, colitis, Crohn's, and on and on.

so the first one was good but this one is even better!!! filing this under best quotes Ive read in my favorite Stillmans thread!
Old 10-30-2011, 04:03 PM   #1173
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Ok just wanted to say!!!! We were in an Italian restaurant. I had tuna salad, what else ha!!--blah, blah. Anyway usually himself has pizza, and that's ok cos I'm really not that into pizza-never was. Oh but tonight he decided to have spaghetti Carbonara--now peeps in my pre-Stills days this was one of my fav dishes--oh yeah--so many carbs, so much fat!!!!!!!! Hmmm!!! Well I tasted it-had about 2 or 3 forkfulls. And ya know they say the carby stuff is not as good as you remember it--well no-they're right--it's not as good--it's 1000 times better!!!!!!!!!!!! He he!!!!! Oh twas soo yummy!!!!
Don't worry-I'm not going back to pasta land-but boy was it good!!! Glad we didn't have desert---dread to think how good the Tirimasu would have been!!!!

Nermo, you crack me up with you apologies for your fone typing!!!! I'm on mine now!! Going to sleep!! Well with all that stodge inside himself we won't be having any fun tonight!!!!!

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!(not even chocolate!)
Old 10-30-2011, 05:26 PM   #1174
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Well with all that stodge inside himself we won't be having any fun tonight!!!!!

note to self, no hard salami after carb fest

has anyone researched this??????? Himself had a few beers this eve and still delivered..........like you sooo wanted to know that, eh?
Old 10-30-2011, 05:36 PM   #1175
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

tonight's film is the darling of the Samhain holiday, High Spirits with Daryl Hannah, Steve Guttemberg, Peter O'Toole, Jennifer Tilly, Liz Smith, as the darling mother who did not work professionally as an actress until the age of 50 and from that point, became one of the most recogniseable faces on television and film, being named as the nation's favourite fictional grandmothers, and Beverly D'Angelo. This movie sent unknown Liam Neeson into the stratosphere.

this is a quintissential love story that will rock you!
Old 10-31-2011, 05:50 AM   #1176
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Good morning! I am having a slow start morning, and it feels so good! I spent yesterday afternoon with my grandbabies. I took the older two trick or treating to 3 houses. They are young enough to think that is how it is done! The 4 year old loves to hand out treats. It is fun to see the little ones dressed up in their costumes. It is not so fun to see the kids who are too old to be doing this! All the sweets were given out and the girls have a few small treats for today. I'm not much of a candy eater and the girls don't get it often.
Old 10-31-2011, 09:28 AM   #1177
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nermo
Stats: 272/198 /180 for now
WOE: Stillman
Start Date: jan2010
Hello peeps not so gr8 stillman day yesterday or today. Need to get some shopping done. But I am here, i'm not going anywhere 'till this weight comes off!
Old 10-31-2011, 09:56 AM   #1178
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/177/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
so glad you checked in! We're on the same page! Woohoo! Lets do it like we did it before! Take it day by day. Im gonna go re-read some of our old posts! Lets get excited about meat again!
OK. .but I'm not promising anything. . I'm on day 2 of meat! Will weigh in tomorrow. .I have an idea where I am/was cuz I weighed in last week when I swore I would follow my program 100%. .

Football is over. . we made it to round one of the playoffs and lost by 3 points! Was a heart breaking game (22 seniors on the team). .but they played a good season. My son now has to grow out his Mohawk and get ready for play "tryouts". .they are doing Legally Blonde so not too many male lead roles but am looking forward to seeing him in action again this year.

My other son has all his college aps out and we are just waiting for answers!

My other two are just too interested in what they are going to be for Halloween. . .

I've been working, working and working. .time to start working on me!!!

That pretty much sums up my stress level eating. . I'm gonna committ to the meat for at least a week and we shall see how it goes from there. . I just understand and realize that it will not be possible for me to do this the rest of my life but I can cut out the bad carbs. .I just have to get there again. .

You guys are sooo good. . Thank you for always welcoming me back. . I missed you! XXX
Old 10-31-2011, 10:05 AM   #1179
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
IM

okay bad=loathe

so things have been different and now you are willing to make a change=love
Thank you.. you always know just what to say!
Old 10-31-2011, 10:07 AM   #1180
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:

'

Keep on preaching, lady! This is exactly what I needed to hear/see. . I'm on board now. .

Gotta stop feeling distructive!
Old 10-31-2011, 01:27 PM   #1181
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

yay it's a great day in Stillman land!!!!!!!!!!! Time for a new month and a new thread title, so lets see what we can come up with.......

Stillman's November Turkey Trot to Skinnyville........

Stillman's November Giving Thanks to Meat Our Goals.....

Stillmans Rockin' It In November; More Meat, Less YOU!!!!!!!
Old 10-31-2011, 01:41 PM   #1182
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Third one!!!! Actually a combi!!!----stills nov turkey trot 2 skinnyville--more meat, less you!!!
On fone!!
Old 10-31-2011, 04:31 PM   #1183
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Third one!!!! Actually a combi!!!----stills nov turkey trot 2 skinnyville--more meat, less you!!!
On fone!!

I like that!
Old 11-01-2011, 04:47 AM   #1184
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

O me too!!!!!! Good one!!!
Old 11-01-2011, 06:43 AM   #1185
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nermo
Stats: 272/198 /180 for now
WOE: Stillman
Start Date: jan2010
So I guess we're still here. I had a fun and great weekend but it was really bad for stillman anyway starting today I am going stillman hardcore- I will be in onderland again before 2012
Old 11-01-2011, 06:46 AM   #1186
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Morning, peeps!

Not 100% yesterday but I'm not beating myself up. I have a lot of living to do and I refuse to let one little Reeses Peanut butter cup get in the way. . but. . OOO Weee. . Peanut butter is protein = meat??? I know its a stretch, but you can't blame a gal for trying. .

OK. .you pros. . answer me a question: Seriously. . how many of you are losing while still maintaining a higher fat diet? Anyone? .. My problem, now and in the past, has been my huge desire for burger, cheese (I do limit this), etc. . I could eat burger all day long and not feel deprived. Do you think, if I cut carbs 100% and stocked up on the burger, I would lose? IDK. . I have to gravitate slowly back to tuna . . its been a while since I've actually wanted any. . I could do chicken more (and will) but burger has been my "go to" food as it is easy and always available. . Chicken (in my house) is usually grilled.. which entails my hubby doing the grilling .. which is like pulling teeth some days. . .

I'm just throwing that out there. .sorry for the ramble. .I'm really trying to wrap my brain around Stillmans! I love you guys and I love that you are all soo successfull. .but after going through my old records.. I found I didn't lose like any of you. I lost my initial weight doing Atkins and then maintained on Stillmans. of course, it all came back when I was out of control .. and I realize evil carbs can never be an every day part of my life again. . Not too difficult when your body doesn't crave them. but a killer when it does!

Just rambling. .O. . I read Valerie Bertinelli's "losing it" last year and really liked it.. I just picked up "Finding it" . which covers her struggles with maintenance and how she comes to terms with it.. The sad reality is that losing it is the easy part! So not what I wanted to hear but I think it'll be a good quick read and am looking forward to some inspiration. .

XX00 will check in later! happy Meat Day. . O. . and CC any name is great!
Old 11-01-2011, 08:25 AM   #1187
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nermo View Post
So I guess we're still here. I had a fun and great weekend but it was really bad for stillman anyway starting today I am going stillman hardcore- I will be in onderland again before 2012
Nerm, the next one's for you.......
Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
Morning, peeps!

Not 100% yesterday but I'm not beating myself up. I have a lot of living to do and I refuse to let one little Reeses Peanut butter cup get in the way. . but. . OOO Weee. . Peanut butter is protein = meat??? I know its a stretch, but you can't blame a gal for trying. .

OK. .you pros. . answer me a question: Seriously. . how many of you are losing while still maintaining a higher fat diet? Anyone? .. My problem, now and in the past, has been my huge desire for burger, cheese (I do limit this), etc. . I could eat burger all day long and not feel deprived. Do you think, if I cut carbs 100% and stocked up on the burger, I would lose? IDK. . I have to gravitate slowly back to tuna . . its been a while since I've actually wanted any. . I could do chicken more (and will) but burger has been my "go to" food as it is easy and always available. . Chicken (in my house) is usually grilled.. which entails my hubby doing the grilling .. which is like pulling teeth some days. . .

I'm just throwing that out there. .sorry for the ramble. .I'm really trying to wrap my brain around Stillmans! I love you guys and I love that you are all soo successfull. .but after going through my old records.. I found I didn't lose like any of you. I lost my initial weight doing Atkins and then maintained on Stillmans. of course, it all came back when I was out of control .. and I realize evil carbs can never be an every day part of my life again. . Not too difficult when your body doesn't crave them. but a killer when it does!

Just rambling. .O. . I read Valerie Bertinelli's "losing it" last year and really liked it.. I just picked up "Finding it" . which covers her struggles with maintenance and how she comes to terms with it.. The sad reality is that losing it is the easy part! So not what I wanted to hear but I think it'll be a good quick read and am looking forward to some inspiration. .

XX00 will check in later! happy Meat Day. . O. . and CC any name is great!
"Not 100% yesterday but I'm not beating myself up. I have a lot of living to do and I refuse to let one little Reeses Peanut butter cup get in the way."

Old 11-01-2011, 08:32 AM   #1188
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Okay y'all, November thread is alive, cya there!!!!!!!!!!!

Stillman's November turkey trot 2 skinnyville--more meat, less you!!!
Closed Thread