Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2011, 06:24 AM   #1111
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Ok get to get back to class!! Just gulped back a big mug of coffee!!I see the clocks are going back this weekend-it's sooo dark in the mornings already!!! BBL
coffee? high test this morning!

Sponsored Links
Old 10-28-2011, 07:09 AM   #1112
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 233/224/155 5'7"
WOE: Stillman QWL
Start Date: May 1 2014
I am up a little less than a pound today. Don't know why, don't really care. I did nothing to cause it. I feel great and it will go away again.

I was teasing my husband because he lost the same amount that I gained. I told him to quit sending his fat to me at night while we sleep!

We took the kids to the local high school last night to trick or treat. I have a 2 gallon storage bowl full of candy on the table and I am shocked that I do not really care. Would I like to have some? Sure I would, and I know it would taste fabulous. BUT I like the way I am feeling more so I have not touched it. This is such a fast improvement for me. Last year I would have ate quite a bit of it.

Courage isn't always a lion's roar. It is sometimes the heart at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow".
Old 10-28-2011, 07:13 AM   #1113
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrattyS View Post
I am up a little less than a pound today. Don't know why, don't really care. I did nothing to cause it. I feel great and it will go away again.

I was teasing my husband because he lost the same amount that I gained. I told him to quit sending his fat to me at night while we sleep!

We took the kids to the local high school last night to trick or treat. I have a 2 gallon storage bowl full of candy on the table and I am shocked that I do not really care. Would I like to have some? Sure I would, and I know it would taste fabulous. BUT I like the way I am feeling more so I have not touched it. This is such a fast improvement for me. Last year I would have ate quite a bit of it.

Use the bowl full of candy to give to trick or treaters on Halloween! It isn't good for any of your family! Which is not to say that the kids shouldn't get treats, but developing a taste for non sugar treats is a gift you can give.
Old 10-28-2011, 07:15 AM   #1114
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning! Speaking of coffee, I had a bit of a panic this morning. I have two travel cups - one is clean one in use. I fill one before I leave for the office, but this morning I had put both in the dishwasher and the dry cycle had just started when I needed to leave! I will pull things out during other cycles, but opening it during dry lets too much hot air out. Anyway, I found an extra that was back in a corner of the cupboard. Ahhhhhh, coffee!
Old 10-28-2011, 07:20 AM   #1115
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Well, I had a bit of a stumble. I am fine - on plan and moving forward. I think I am going to send the scale home with my dd today. Right now I need to concentrate on getting my body healthy by low carbing and exercising. The weight will come off without me letting the scale dictate how I feel. Take that, scale!
Old 10-28-2011, 07:48 AM   #1116
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
Use the bowl full of candy to give to trick or treaters on Halloween! It isn't good for any of your family! Which is not to say that the kids shouldn't get treats, but developing a taste for non sugar treats is a gift you can give.
My kids rarely get candy. Halloween and Christmas is about it. They get cake and ice cream type treats on special occasions like birthdays. Once in a while (once a month) they get pudding as a special treat. They love fruits and veggies. My daughters favorite food is steamed broccoli.
Old 10-28-2011, 07:50 AM   #1117
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Well, I had a bit of a stumble. I am fine - on plan and moving forward. I think I am going to send the scale home with my dd today. Right now I need to concentrate on getting my body healthy by low carbing and exercising. The weight will come off without me letting the scale dictate how I feel. Take that, scale!
I would freak out without my scale. I am too much of a control freak to not know what is going on.
Old 10-28-2011, 08:13 AM   #1118
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
No way!!!!! Already!!!
Ugh, 28F this morning, slowly it's melting, can't remember when we had a winter wonderland before Halloween.......BRRRRRR!
Quote:
go girl! Kicked my scale under the table, try weighing with layers on, it lies to me
Quote:
My kids rarely get candy. Halloween and Christmas is about it. They get cake and ice cream type treats on special occasions like birthdays. Once in a while (once a month) they get pudding as a special treat. They love fruits and veggies. My daughters favorite food is steamed broccoli.
too cool!
Quote:
I would freak out without my scale. I am too much of a control freak to not know what is going on.
Old 10-28-2011, 10:17 AM   #1119
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

so with the ice age temps I have a crockpot full of chik thighs, celery onion and carrots, with loads of dill and marjoram.........another attempt at the perfect chicken soup that eludes me every year.

Why does the crap in the can taste more like comfort and old memories than what I can, er can't, conjure up??????? Bubble, bubble, toil and trouble.......

Last edited by CCGirl; 10-28-2011 at 10:22 AM..
Old 10-28-2011, 10:33 AM   #1120
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
so with the ice age temps I have a crockpot full of chik thighs, celery onion and carrots, with loads of dill and marjoram.........another attempt at the perfect chicken soup that eludes me every year.

Why does the crap in the can taste more like comfort and old memories than what I can, er can't, conjure up??????? Bubble, bubble, toil and trouble.......
Sounds yummy!
Old 10-28-2011, 11:29 AM   #1121
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

okay,this batch is pretty close, it smells like a Shrewish deli in here.........

5 chick thighs
1/2 sweet onion large dice, this happens to be a vidalia
4 stalk celery large dice
4 enormous carrots, 1/2" thick slices
4 heaping tbsp. dried dill weed
3 tsp. ground marjoram
3 tsp. Mrs. Dash sodium free Lemon Pepper

crock on high for four hours stirring once so flavors are evenly distributed

after all the years of exotic trials this is really the closest. I think the real secret here is NO garlic, which I tend to put in damned near everything savory, and copious amounts of dill.

Last edited by CCGirl; 10-28-2011 at 11:30 AM..
Old 10-28-2011, 12:20 PM   #1122
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nermo
Stats: 272/198 /180 for now
WOE: Stillman
Start Date: jan2010
Had a not so great day yesterday but I am back on track today. I am not gonna ket it be a couple of months and 20 pounds in order to get back. I am determined to do it this time. Wanna be back in my size 14 again I am wearing an 18 now I'll get there I kniw I can.

Anyone got any ideas for some teriyaki chicken recipe?
Old 10-28-2011, 12:51 PM   #1123
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yay Nermo!!!!!

Firstly what are we working with? Whole bird or cuts?
Old 10-28-2011, 12:53 PM   #1124
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Low Sugar (or sugar-free) Teriyaki Chicken

Ingredients:
4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts (or 8 skinless, bone in chicken thighs, well trimmed)
1/2 cup soy sauce (I used Kikkoman)
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup Splenda or sugar (or less, depending on how sweet you like it, use Splenda for the South Beach Diet)
1 T brown sugar (optional)
1 T ginger puree or fresh grated ginger root
1 T garlic puree or fresh garlic, finely diced

Instructions:
Preheat oven to 375F/190C.

Put soy sauce, water, Splenda, brown sugar (if using), ginger puree, and garlic puree in small saucepan and simmer about 15 minutes, until reduced by about 1/3 to 1/2.

Trim all visible fat and tendons from chicken pieces, then make a row of shallow cuts in the top side of each piece. (This is to let the sauce penetrate the meat more.)

Choose the smallest size casserole dish that will fit all chicken in a single layer, then put chicken in dish, top side down. Pour about 1/3 of the sauce over the chicken, cover with foil, and bake 25 minutes, or until chicken is starting to feel firm to the touch.

After 25 minutes, remove foil and turn chicken pieces over. (Don't worry if the top side looks flat from being pressed in the pan; it will plump up when it cooks more.) Use a pastry brush to brush sauce all over the top side of the chicken. Continue to cook about 20-25 minutes more, basting with sauce every 5 minutes. Serve hot.

Kalyn's Kitchen: Recipe for Low-Sugar (or sugar-free) Teriyaki Chicken
Old 10-28-2011, 03:26 PM   #1125
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post

did someone say chicken soup???!?!??!! must be that time of year again!! I used to love me some turkey soup. It was the miracle food at one point around here.

So dill is the secret ingredient.... I cant wait to try it!!
Old 10-29-2011, 02:56 AM   #1126
Senior LCF Member

I have been eatong chicken thighs with all skin removed. I will try the teriyaki. Hmmmmmmm don't know why this time around is sooo hard ;( gotta keep with it and try new things. What does sodium do to our diet? I used to do no sakt at all but this tome I meed the flavor.
Old 10-29-2011, 06:01 AM   #1127
Senior LCF Member

Just put some chicken thighs and tenders in the crock pot with some soy sauce and splends. Can't wait - will let u know how it turns out!
Lol excuse all my mistakes, I.m still using my phone to type.
Old 10-29-2011, 07:46 AM   #1128
Major LCF Poster!

It is so cold, rainy, and miserable here. The kids are whiny because the neighborhood Halloween party is probably cancelled. Perfect day to sit around in my sweat pants, over sized sweatshirt, and fuzzy socks all day.

I had an accidental slip... My daughter handed me a fun sized candy bar last night and I ate it. It did not even occur to me not to. About 10 minutes later it hit me... OH CRAP I ATE IT! Not detrimental to my weight loss but definitely enough to get me out of ketosis. I will not sweat it tho. I am still on plan. I did not let it turn into a fall like I would have in the past. Before I would have said "oh well, my diet is ruined" and ate 10 more. That would have turned into days off diet, possibly weeks or months.
Old 10-29-2011, 08:03 AM   #1129
Senior LCF Member

Great job bratty- that's what I do, goof up on one thing then I keep on goofing. So glad you didn't mess up your day.
Old 10-29-2011, 08:07 AM   #1130
Senior LCF Member

Just had some of my teriyaki soooooooooo good. Don't know if I'll lose eating this way, but only time will tell. I was just reading a post from a member named cutescoot - sooooo jelous,.i think once I finish this batch of teriyaki chicken, I'm going hardcore.
Old 10-29-2011, 04:14 PM   #1131
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
did someone say chicken soup???!?!??!! must be that time of year again!! I used to love me some turkey soup. It was the miracle food at one point around here.

So dill is the secret ingredient.... I cant wait to try it!!
OMG I am sooo craving turkey lately, can't wait until it goes on sale for the holidays!

IF you search for a good Jewish chicken soup recipe you will see about the dill. And the other secret ingredient, which I didn't have so I doubled up on the carrots, is parsnips. Apparently the sweetness of them and the carrots is the kicker paired with the dill.
Old 10-29-2011, 04:17 PM   #1132
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nermo View Post
I have been eatong chicken thighs with all skin removed. I will try the teriyaki. Hmmmmmmm don't know why this time around is sooo hard ;( gotta keep with it and try new things. What does sodium do to our diet? I used to do no sakt at all but this tome I meed the flavor.
some things I can't bear without it. So my aunt gave me some season salt and I cut it by half with garlic and onion powder, not sodium free but flavor with less.
Old 10-29-2011, 04:21 PM   #1133
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
It is so cold, rainy, and miserable here. The kids are whiny because the neighborhood Halloween party is probably cancelled. Perfect day to sit around in my sweat pants, over sized sweatshirt, and fuzzy socks all day.

I had an accidental slip... My daughter handed me a fun sized candy bar last night and I ate it. It did not even occur to me not to. About 10 minutes later it hit me... OH CRAP I ATE IT! Not detrimental to my weight loss but definitely enough to get me out of ketosis. I will not sweat it tho. I am still on plan. I did not let it turn into a fall like I would have in the past. Before I would have said "oh well, my diet is ruined" and ate 10 more. That would have turned into days off diet, possibly weeks or months.
Bratty I think you will pleasantly surprised that that small smidge of suger will not kick you out........I'll betcha, I will.

Nice going not falling for the 'oh well, I'm screwed so I might as well eat the whole bag!

I'm glad it's only rain for you, Al is going to get hammered with snow, while we sit back and take our two to four inches........yep, that's me, up here in the North, cackling...............poor Al
Old 10-29-2011, 04:24 PM   #1134
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nermo View Post
Just had some of my teriyaki soooooooooo good. Don't know if I'll lose eating this way, but only time will tell. I was just reading a post from a member named cutescoot - sooooo jelous,.i think once I finish this batch of teriyaki chicken, I'm going hardcore.
Nerm, baby steps. One day at a time. If flavor keeps you on track then have at it! If hardcore makes you feel like a champion then go for it!

(voices in head; "Love not loathe, love not loathe.....")
Old 10-29-2011, 05:04 PM   #1135
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

well, my losers, tonight's feature is The Little Vampire. It is a very dear film. Make no mistake, not just for kiddies.

If you ever saw Nanny McPhee and had a big lump in your throat at the end then you will love this film.

Happy Haunting!
Old 10-29-2011, 05:09 PM   #1136
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Filming locations for
The Little Vampire (2000)

Culross, Fife, Scotland, UK

Dalmeny House, Dalmeny, Edinburgh, Scotland, UK

Dundas Castle, South Queensferry, Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
(McAshton Manor)

Linlithgow, West Lothian, Scotland, UK
Old 10-29-2011, 05:13 PM   #1137
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Trivia
The family name "Sackville-Bagg" in this film is a reference to J.R.R. Tolkien's "The Hobbit", as Bilbo and Frodo Baggins are related to the "Sackville Bagginses".

quotes:
Tony Thompson (mortal child): I'm Rudolph's (young vampire) friend, and he gave me a bite proof guarantee.

Old 10-30-2011, 04:01 AM   #1138
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Hi peeps! Just a quick hello! My other half is here for the weekend (surprise-yay!!)so I've had no time! It's a Bank Holiday at home tomorow so he doesn't have to go back tonight!! Ok gotta go! BBL!!
Old 10-30-2011, 04:26 AM   #1139
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Still around peeps...need to catch up on the posts, BBL.
Old 10-30-2011, 04:30 AM   #1140
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

GT I take it that you are back in Germany? Enjoy the dirty weekend!!!!!!!!!!

MMS glad to see you pop in, too!
Closed Thread