Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2011, 01:41 PM   #1021
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Arguing with OH about evolution and diet. He has a PHD in philosophy and thinks he knows it all!

Sponsored Links
Old 10-24-2011, 01:42 PM   #1022
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
Eh, no harm no foul.....just a long wait. Things happen. When they go awry and I get mad I just don't leave any FB.
Exactly what I did...or did not.
Old 10-24-2011, 01:46 PM   #1023
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrattyS View Post
I cheese! I have a little each day. Makes staying on track a bit easier. Good job winning over the bag of chips.
Thanks... I just lurve cheese...if I am gonna cheat better I do it with that right?
Old 10-24-2011, 04:19 PM   #1024
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: vyomguy
Stats: 221.2/177.2/160
WOE: Stillman
Start Date: June 11 2012
hello guys,

I will be starting my stillman diet in a few days. I have few questions. If you are able to answer these...it would be helpful:-

1> Do we need to fast for 2 days before we start the diet?
2> How many times per day do you eat and what recipes ?
3> I heard high protein diets are bad for your kidneys...is this true?
Old 10-24-2011, 06:56 PM   #1025
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nermo
Stats: 272/198 /180 for now
Start Date: jan2010
One full day of still's under my belt and checked in 3 times today!!!!!!!!!!!!! I do feel gr8. I really wanna thank you guyzzzz.ya'll are just awesomeeeeeeeeeee By the way I love these new smilies,that's one more reason to stick around
Old 10-24-2011, 07:39 PM   #1026
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 235/227/155 5'7"
WOE: Stillman QWL
Start Date: September 2 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by vyomguy View Post
hello guys,

I will be starting my stillman diet in a few days. I have few questions. If you are able to answer these...it would be helpful:-

Hello and welcome.

I have never heard of fasting before starting. Maybe someone else has. I know I did no such thing. I would wither up and die.

The first few days on Stillmans I tend to eat about every 3 hours. At about day 4 when ketosis really sets in, I have no appetite and just eat 3 meals.

I almost always just throw some chicken breast in a slow cooker with onion soap mix or some spices and just slow cook them. I also eat tuna, with spices or mustard when I need a change. My menu is boring as heck when I do strict stillman, but it works.

For what I have read you are fine if you drink a lot of fluids. I personally drink at least a gallon a day. You are suppose to drink water but I use crystal light. So far my kidneys are happy.

I hope this helps. I am sure some of the others will chime in too.

Courage isn't always a lion's roar. It is sometimes the heart at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow".
Old 10-24-2011, 07:40 PM   #1027
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nermo View Post
One full day of still's under my belt and checked in 3 times today!!!!!!!!!!!!! I do feel gr8. I really wanna thank you guyzzzz.ya'll are just awesomeeeeeeeeeee By the way I love these new smilies,that's one more reason to stick around
Old 10-24-2011, 10:29 PM   #1028
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: als9503
Stats: 167/167/130 5'4"
WOE: Stillman's/Meat & Egg
Start Date: 4/03/12
Hello Ladies! Just a quick check-in to maintain accountability...I have been doing a lot of stress eating over the weekend so I know I haven't lost any more lbs. I'm sure I've gained a few, but I have been too scared to step on the scale. Between school (I have TWO 8-page papers due tomorrow), the kids, Halloween festivities and work, this is going to be a crazy week for me. I considered quitting for this week and starting up again after Halloween, but then I thought about something I read in someone's previous post (so sorry, I can't remember who)...something about how there will always be some stress or some event that provides a reason to go off plan, that eating this way is a LIFESTYLE that must be adopted in order to realize the desired results. So...I'm going to put my weekend of horrible eating behind me and proceed with Stillmans. Thank you to whomever posted that (I think it was GT), you kept me from spiraling out of control!
Old 10-24-2011, 11:56 PM   #1029
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Quote:
hello guys,

Hi and welcome!!
In answer to your questions-
No you don't need to fast for 2 days beforehand. If it helps you though go for it!
Eat when you're hungry-meat,eggs and fish. At the beginning(first 3days or so until you get into ketosis) eat lots, everytime you feel hungry eat something! After a few days the hunger wears completely off and so you'll eat less. There is a sticky with recipes-but really most of them are just seasonings. The food is bland but that's ok, after a few days you won't want anything fancy, you'll be totally satisfied with chicken!
High protein diets are only hard on your kidneys if you have kidney disease or other underlying health problems. It is inportant to drink lots of fluids though(water is best) to flush out toxins. Every low carb diet reccommends it.
Good luck!

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!(not even chocolate!)
Old 10-25-2011, 12:00 AM   #1030
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Yay!!!!!
Old 10-25-2011, 12:02 AM   #1031
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by als9503 View Post
I considered quitting for this week and starting up again after Halloween, but then I thought about something I read in someone's previous post (so sorry, I can't remember who)...something about how there will always be some stress or some event that provides a reason to go off plan, that eating this way is a LIFESTYLE that must be adopted in order to realize the desired results. So...I'm going to put my weekend of horrible eating behind me and proceed with Stillmans. Thank you to whomever posted that (I think it was GT), you kept me from spiraling out of control!
Yes, twas one of my ramblings!! glad it helps though!!
Good luck with the papers!
Old 10-25-2011, 12:06 AM   #1032
Big Yapper!!!!

Won't be working out til later-I've early classes today. There's always a danger though that if I don't work out in the morning early, I get lazier as the day goes on!! He!!
Old 10-25-2011, 06:25 AM   #1033
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Hello Ladies! Just a quick check-in to maintain accountability...I have been doing a lot of stress eating over the weekend so I know I haven't lost any more lbs. I'm sure I've gained a few, but I have been too scared to step on the scale. Between school (I have TWO 8-page papers due tomorrow), the kids, Halloween festivities and work, this is going to be a crazy week for me. I considered quitting for this week and starting up again after Halloween, but then I thought about something I read in someone's previous post (so sorry, I can't remember who)...something about how there will always be some stress or some event that provides a reason to go off plan, that eating this way is a LIFESTYLE that must be adopted in order to realize the desired results. So...I'm going to put my weekend of horrible eating behind me and proceed with Stillmans. Thank you to whomever posted that (I think it was GT), you kept me from spiraling out of control!
Just wanted to say, good for you for making the right choice. Just think about how much worse you would have felt if you were off for another week. The support on here is amazing!
Old 10-25-2011, 06:26 AM   #1034
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Yes, twas one of my ramblings!! glad it helps though!!
Good luck with the papers!
Yes, I think you were taking me out of diving head first into the Halloween candy.
Old 10-25-2011, 06:27 AM   #1035
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Won't be working out til later-I've early classes today. There's always a danger though that if I don't work out in the morning early, I get lazier as the day goes on!! He!!
No excuses, do your workout no matter what time it is!
Old 10-25-2011, 06:32 AM   #1036
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
Arguing with OH about evolution and diet. He has a PHD in philosophy and thinks he knows it all!
(singing) "If I only had a brain...'

-the Wizard of Oz

Old 10-25-2011, 06:34 AM   #1037
Major LCF Poster!

Was at 204.2 this morning. Same weight I was at the beginning of the month. Not bad considering I had a 2 week rough patch. Thank you GT for helping me out of it. Your words are an amazing motivator / kick in the pants.

I am really pumped thinking I may be out of the 200s by the end of the month!

This cold is still kicking my butt. I thought it was going away but this morning it decided to extend its lease on my head. Other than that, I actually feel great.
Old 10-25-2011, 06:39 AM   #1038
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
hello guys,

1 NO
2 when hungry
3 NO
4 please study the stickies and read the Naive Vegetarian (just Google it)
all the answers lie within

Quote:

Quote:
again, LIFESTYLE, grain kills, yay another one gets it!!!!!!!!!most excellent!
Quote:
seriously GT, has that ever happened to you? A lazy day? Don't think so!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrattyS View Post
No excuses, do your workout no matter what time it is!
Oh ouch too funny! Walked my 2 miles today........in 40F! bRISK!
Old 10-25-2011, 06:41 AM   #1039
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

O Brat only you could say you felt great while sick........fluids, fluids, chik soup maybe?
feel better
Old 10-25-2011, 07:38 AM   #1040
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: becky123abc
Stats: 210/179/160 5'5"
Quote:
hello everyone, I am here again. I know I keep popping in and out. Right now I am at an ultimately low point ! I have gained so much weight back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG I can't believe it. I just don't have any self control everyday I wake up with the intentions to diet then I just give in to everything baddddddddd! In no time I will be back where I started. If anyone's got any tips for me plz let me know.
Oh Nermo!!! Bless your heart!! We ALL know how you feel...we struggle with the same stuff.

You can get back to where you were...I'm so glad you are back!
Old 10-25-2011, 07:46 AM   #1041
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: becky123abc
Stats: 210/179/160 5'5"
Bratty, We are gonna par-tay when you get in onderland!! I'm so excited for you!

I ate way off plan Sunday...and had two pieces of chocolate cake last night...sooooooo, I'm at about 165 now...so sad after getting to a low of 157 last week!

I know how to get back on track though...

Cheating Sunday was kind of worth it...if I could have just stopped there...

Back to the basics!!

On another note...I had bloodwork done and it looks like I have low iron...I posted about it in the thyroid group to see what they think about that maybe being related to thyroid stuff...

The only symptom I have of low iron is fatigue...I've been complaining of fatigue for over a year...that's one of the reasons I went on LC in June 10 to begin with...

I need to make an appointment with my GP and show him the bloodwork...but I think he will balk with my cholesterol numbers. I'm afraid he will want to put me on statins because my LDL & Total are high.

But I've learned if your Trig's are low and your HDL are high you are in good shape...and mine are.

Soooooo....has anyone dealt with low iron? I'm surprised with all of the meat I eat...
Old 10-25-2011, 08:23 AM   #1042
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Aloha Linz
Stats: 168/161/130 - 5'8"
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 9/5/2011
Hi girls!!

I'm moving this week so I'm not gonna be on the boards much! Just wanted to pop in & say hi!! I saw the 150's yesterday...not claiming it yet though. Hoping it sticks!! Hope you're all doing great. I will check in more later the first chance I get!! xoxoxo Linz
Old 10-25-2011, 01:28 PM   #1043
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by becky123abc View Post
Bratty, We are gonna par-tay when you get in onderland!! I'm so excited for you!

I ate way off plan Sunday...and had two pieces of chocolate cake last night...sooooooo, I'm at about 165 now...so sad after getting to a low of 157 last week!

I know how to get back on track though...

Cheating Sunday was kind of worth it...if I could have just stopped there...

Back to the basics!!

On another note...I had bloodwork done and it looks like I have low iron...I posted about it in the thyroid group to see what they think about that maybe being related to thyroid stuff...

The only symptom I have of low iron is fatigue...I've been complaining of fatigue for over a year...that's one of the reasons I went on LC in June 10 to begin with...

I need to make an appointment with my GP and show him the bloodwork...but I think he will balk with my cholesterol numbers. I'm afraid he will want to put me on statins because my LDL & Total are high.

But I've learned if your Trig's are low and your HDL are high you are in good shape...and mine are.

Soooooo....has anyone dealt with low iron? I'm surprised with all of the meat I eat...

I have had low iron/anemic all my life. For the most part I do not let it bother me. When I seem to have days I am really tired I presume it is my iron and take supplements. I do not take them regularly because I hate them.

Good luck getting all your numbers right. I have heard it is quite a balancing act.
Old 10-25-2011, 01:29 PM   #1044
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloha Linz View Post
Hi girls!!

I'm moving this week so I'm not gonna be on the boards much! Just wanted to pop in & say hi!! I saw the 150's yesterday...not claiming it yet though. Hoping it sticks!! Hope you're all doing great. I will check in more later the first chance I get!! xoxoxo Linz

Good luck with your move. I hope it goes smoothly for you! 150s! It will stick, just stay on plan. I will miss your regular posting.
Old 10-25-2011, 03:56 PM   #1045
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Good evening! I remain on plan! Go me! This was a beautiful day and the rest of the week is supposed to be rainy so DD and I took the girls to the park. I was surprised therefore when my mood just took a nose dive a bit ago. That typically doesn't happen when I'm on plan, expecially when I've got 11 strong days in. Oh well, I am on plan, and this feeling will pass.
Old 10-25-2011, 03:58 PM   #1046
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Yeah! Go Nermo, Go!
Old 10-25-2011, 04:05 PM   #1047
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Becky - I'm glad you are back on plan now! I eat liver once a week. I like to think it keeps my iron up.
Old 10-25-2011, 07:14 PM   #1048
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: als9503
Stats: 167/167/130 5'4"
WOE: Stillman's/Meat & Egg
Start Date: 4/03/12
Hiya! Just a quick check in to let y'all know that I did great today. I stayed on plan and I wasn't even tempted to eat any of the Jet's pizza that the kids had for dinner. I weighed in at 138 lbs. (ARGH!) this morning, but I anticipate showing a loss tomorrow. Thank you guys so much for your continued support.

One 11-page paper complete, 5-pages of the second paper to go! Whew!
Old 10-25-2011, 08:33 PM   #1049
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nermo
Stats: 272/198 /180 for now
Start Date: jan2010
Such a crazy dayyyyyy today but day 2 on stills with no cheats! It's 9:30 pm here and I just wanted to crash in bed but wanted to check in like I said I would. Thnxx so much for holding my hands through this guyzzz. Luv ya.
GT- try to get that workout in
Mim, becky, cc, bratty,aloha. Gt
Nighty night
Old 10-26-2011, 04:44 AM   #1050
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
Good evening! I remain on plan! Go me! This was a beautiful day and the rest of the week is supposed to be rainy so DD and I took the girls to the park. I was surprised therefore when my mood just took a nose dive a bit ago. That typically doesn't happen when I'm on plan, expecially when I've got 11 strong days in. Oh well, I am on plan, and this feeling will pass.
Go you! How many days in are you? I think my top number was almost a month. It is tough!
I hope you mood got better.
Closed Thread