Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2011, 05:55 PM   #931
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 238/227/155 5'7"
WOE: Stillman QWL
Start Date: November 10 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
don't be horrified........

menu

1 lb. sweeat italian sausage simmered to remove fat and salt then warmed in marinara

I ate three and a half links, almost 3/4 of a pound.

I love cows and pigs, I do I do

Mmmm italian sausage sounds yummy. We have had some of the chicken sausage. It just wasn't the same as pork, not even close.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-21-2011, 05:56 PM   #932
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
and one with salami ain't bad, either........
That is so bad. My mind went straight to the gutter.
Old 10-21-2011, 05:57 PM   #933
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
well, babe, 2 1/2 Men is almost over and then it's movie time......we're watching vintage Charlie Chan flicks from the thirties.......trying to keep DH from falling apart over our kitty funeral Saturday.........gotta keep it light.........so if I fade out it's because life gets in the way........if only there was a LC kibbutz we could all live on like hippies in a commune........

Last edited by CCGirl; 10-21-2011 at 05:59 PM..
Old 10-21-2011, 05:59 PM   #934
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrattyS View Post
Mmmm italian sausage sounds yummy. We have had some of the chicken sausage. It just wasn't the same as pork, not even close.
Ugh the salt in the chik sausage nearly felled me, it's horrible.........
Quote:
That is so bad. My mind went straight to the gutter.
that was the plan
Old 10-21-2011, 06:00 PM   #935
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
well, babe, 2 1/2 Men is almost over and then it's movie time......we're watching vintage Charlie Chan flicks from the thirties.......trying to keep DH from falling apart over our kitty funeral Saturday.........gotta keep it light.........so if I fade out it's bbecause life gets in the way........if only there was a LC kibbutz we could all live on like hippies in a commune........

Enjoy your movie and big hugs for Saturday, I hope it is not too bad.
Old 10-21-2011, 06:10 PM   #936
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: als9503
Stats: 167/167/130 5'4"
WOE: Stillman's/Meat & Egg
Start Date: 4/03/12
So happy to be back...

Hello Ladies! I first discovered this thread back in June (or was it July?). I quickly lost 13 lbs. on Stillmans and got down to 126 where I was able to maintain for a little while. I looked and felt great so I stopped visiting the board. No board, no accountability and no encouragement. As a result, I started this vicious cycle of gaining and losing the same 5 lbs. over and over. Every time I committed carbicide, would just tell myself that I could do strict Stillmans for a week and lose the weight. What a horrific cycle! I finally fell off the wagon pretty darn hard in September (after a series of weddings and parties) and got up to 134. So I came back and started following the super strict Stillman's thread. I was able to lose a few pounds, but when that thread fizzled out, so did I. I gained back the weight, plus some. As of this morning, I weigh nearly 136. Yikes!!! I realize that I need the support, encouragement and occasional spanking of fellow Stillmanites. And so...here I am, ready to mean what I say and do what I mean. I re-started Stillmans two days ago (I was over 138 on Wednesday). I am just now posting because it took me that long to do my catch up reading of this months thread. I am so grateful that this board exists! Reading through the posts has reminded me that looking and feeling great is infinitely more important than the momentary pleasure of consuming a huge mixing bowl of Reese's Puffs. I appreciate and thank you ladies!
~April
Old 10-21-2011, 06:12 PM   #937
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

welcome girl!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-21-2011, 06:20 PM   #938
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Charlie Chan at the Opera (1936)

A dangerous amnesiac escapes from a mental hospital and returns to the opera house to wreak revenge on those who tried to murder him seven years earlier.

Stars:Warner Oland, Boris Karloff and Keye Luke

The opera "Carnival" was written especially for this film.
Old 10-21-2011, 07:17 PM   #939
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by als9503 View Post
Hello Ladies! I first discovered this thread back in June (or was it July?). I quickly lost 13 lbs. on Stillmans and got down to 126 where I was able to maintain for a little while. I looked and felt great so I stopped visiting the board. No board, no accountability and no encouragement. As a result, I started this vicious cycle of gaining and losing the same 5 lbs. over and over. Every time I committed carbicide, would just tell myself that I could do strict Stillmans for a week and lose the weight. What a horrific cycle! I finally fell off the wagon pretty darn hard in September (after a series of weddings and parties) and got up to 134. So I came back and started following the super strict Stillman's thread. I was able to lose a few pounds, but when that thread fizzled out, so did I. I gained back the weight, plus some. As of this morning, I weigh nearly 136. Yikes!!! I realize that I need the support, encouragement and occasional spanking of fellow Stillmanites. And so...here I am, ready to mean what I say and do what I mean. I re-started Stillmans two days ago (I was over 138 on Wednesday). I am just now posting because it took me that long to do my catch up reading of this months thread. I am so grateful that this board exists! Reading through the posts has reminded me that looking and feeling great is infinitely more important than the momentary pleasure of consuming a huge mixing bowl of Reese's Puffs. I appreciate and thank you ladies!
~April
Welcome back! Good job getting the first two days done. one or two more and you should feel great.( if you don't already) Keep posting, even if you fall. I found you can pick yourself up quicker then if you slip into carb land alone.
Old 10-21-2011, 07:19 PM   #940
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Charlie Chan at the Opera (1936)

A dangerous amnesiac escapes from a mental hospital and returns to the opera house to wreak revenge on those who tried to murder him seven years earlier.

Stars:Warner Oland, Boris Karloff and Keye Luke

The opera "Carnival" was written especially for this film.
Lesson is, If you kill someone, do it right or they will come get you!

I may have to look into that movie. Sounds like it is right up my alley.
Old 10-21-2011, 07:51 PM   #941
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Aloha Linz
Stats: 168/161/130 - 5'8"
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 9/5/2011
Quote:
So much of what you say rings true. Probably why it makes me so uncomfortable. Truth hurt eh? I like to think of myself as a strong woman and the thought that I can not control my eating habits feels weak to me. Thank you for taking the time to share your truths and experience with me/us. I think we can all learn for each other. I think I will get book and give it a read. Maybe it will help get my head in the right spot.
I really get when you say "I like to think of myself as a strong woman and the thought that I can not control my eating habits feels weak to me." So so so relate to this in sooo many ways!! We're women, a lot of us have had kids, been through abuse, survived cancer, etc etc, and yet something as silly as food controls us! If your addiction is alcohol or drugs, you have to not use anymore, ever......one hit & it will fuel the addiction. Well we have to eat food, it's not like we can stop! Food is my drug. To know there are foods out there that eliminate the control issues & drug like fiendings I get have been a godsend to me. Meat has been my king!!
Old 10-21-2011, 07:53 PM   #942
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Different strokes, folks..........one day something will click for you.

IMHO for me its going to stay this way. There is no normal eating, just skinny eating.

"There is no normal life, Wyatt, there's just life."

-Kurt Russell as Wyatt Earp in 'Tombstone'
Amen sista!!
Old 10-21-2011, 07:54 PM   #943
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
What size is that in USA? If I was a size 28 I would cry. I want to cry being a 16. 16s are loose and 14s squeeze me to death.
Just think....with every 10 lbs you lose, you should also lose a dress size
Old 10-21-2011, 07:55 PM   #944
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I found a few meatzza recipes I am going to try for our get together on the 6th. This way they can all have their Dominos Pizza and I can stay on track.
Oooooh do tell which ones you're gonna try!! I wanna try it tooooooo!! Btw, proud of you for thinking this way!!!
Old 10-21-2011, 08:00 PM   #945
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by als9503 View Post
~April
Hey april! Welcome back girl! What's on your menu these days? I adore reese's puffs cereal....used to eat a box at one sitting Can't go near it now!!
Old 10-21-2011, 09:43 PM   #946
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloha Linz View Post
Oooooh do tell which ones you're gonna try!! I wanna try it tooooooo!! Btw, proud of you for thinking this way!!!
This is the main recipe so you get the idea of what it is....
Meat “Crust” Pizza; It’s Meatza! | Free The Animal

This is the one i want to make. Bacon cheese burger!

Bacon, Cheddar, Cheeseburger Meatza | Free The Animal
Old 10-21-2011, 09:44 PM   #947
Major LCF Poster!

I am off to bed. Made it through another day, day 3!

Sweet dreams to all of you.
Old 10-21-2011, 11:38 PM   #948
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
I actually have time to post today because the system is down at work haha

I just bought 4 new pairs of pants all in a size 28 which is exciting cuz I have always wanted to be a 27 but now that I am close, it looks like I am still pretty chubby, like I am small enough to fit the size but there is still like tons of fat on my midsection and I have a tummy, not cool! haha
Yay!!
Old 10-21-2011, 11:39 PM   #949
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Bless your heart for your wisdom & transparency! Thank you for being you GT. we adore you!!
Awwwww!!
Old 10-21-2011, 11:40 PM   #950
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
I'm gonna look for those lime leaves!! Never seen em before! I would think fresh chili would be ok?? Lemme know how they turn out! Sounds delish!
That smiley looks so drunk!!
Old 10-21-2011, 11:42 PM   #951
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Did Insanity Cardio Power & Resistance today....I'm a few days behind cause of this darn dead leg induction flu feeling I've been having. I was able to get through it a lot better than yesterday, but still got dead legs quickly & early on. No carb takes some getting used to for me...man alive! Felt really good though, glad it's done! Sweated a lot & heart rate skyrocketed. My face was so pink & flushed after! I remember I used to be able to do the moving push ups when I was in the 130's....now that I'm 160 I can't do em. I can go about halfway down, but that's not good enough & won't get the best results. I get weak very easily. It's like doing pushups with a 30 lb weight on your back! all the more motivation to get this extra weight off fast!!!
My face is always pink after it!! I don't go down far enough either. I hate Power and Resistance! He!!
Old 10-21-2011, 11:42 PM   #952
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrb76 View Post
How wonderful! Although size 28 here in the states would mean that you weigh like 300 pounds... =P

I still have several pairs of jeans that my hubby bought me before I gained weight again. Hopefully by end of year I can wear them.
Ha! Think it's the waist measurment!!
Old 10-21-2011, 11:44 PM   #953
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
MIMMMMMMM

yep, I am THE snipe, I yam I yam........
Ok this sounds so snobby--but I would never ever buy used shoes!!
Old 10-21-2011, 11:45 PM   #954
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Bratty, how did you do it? You're lucky to be single, if only the ball and chain would consider quitting.........
Do you smoke CC? Ha one weight control method anyway!!
Old 10-21-2011, 11:59 PM   #955
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
I like to think of myself as a strong woman and the thought that I can not control my eating habits feels weak to me.
I really really understand that! Me too! In my self-pittying mode I really do wanna cry and say it's not fair. What's wrong with me? Why can 99% of the population eat normally and not me? I totally feel like a failure. It's like I have everything that everyone else has-great family, friends, I'm bright, can hold down a job-everything that everyone else can do but they can eat 'normally'. And I mean it's not like eating right is so difficult right? I mean you eat what you need to give you health, you eat when you're hungry, stop when you're full and enjoy a little of what you fancy from time to time! Food is not meant to be associated with feelings of guilt and worthlessness. Yeah not difficult!
I just think that kind of thinking will drive us crazy. It is what it is. We just have to accept it and move on-way easier said than done. I hope that admitting,I mean really admitting it, will help me move on. It's not gonna change any time soon so I have to deal with it.
Now if a magic pill comes on the market to give me a normal relationship with food, then I'll be first in the queue!!!

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!(not even chocolate!)
Old 10-21-2011, 11:59 PM   #956
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
seriously, it's so dang expensive now it would be cheaper to blaze up (weed)
Old 10-22-2011, 12:02 AM   #957
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:

"There is no normal life, Wyatt, there's just life."

-Kurt Russell as Wyatt Earp in 'Tombstone'
Ooh so true!!!

I think though for you CC, you don't have food issues so eating right when you have the knowledge will never be a problem. Yay for you!
Old 10-22-2011, 12:03 AM   #958
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
What size is that in USA? If I was a size 28 I would cry. I want to cry being a 16.D
Old 10-22-2011, 12:05 AM   #959
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Bland bland bland!
Old 10-22-2011, 12:08 AM   #960
Big Yapper!!!!

I used to love sausages! Galtee--yuuum! Then I watched a programm You are what you eat---with an amazingly annoying presenter!! Anyway she showed what sausages and hot dogs and co. were made of-(all the leftover meat)-and seriously I've never eaten once since!! Also the fat contemt scares me!!
Closed Thread