Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2011, 02:15 PM   #901
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Aloha Linz
Stats: 168/161/130 - 5'8"
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 9/5/2011
Did Insanity Cardio Power & Resistance today....I'm a few days behind cause of this darn dead leg induction flu feeling I've been having. I was able to get through it a lot better than yesterday, but still got dead legs quickly & early on. No carb takes some getting used to for me...man alive! Felt really good though, glad it's done! Sweated a lot & heart rate skyrocketed. My face was so pink & flushed after! I remember I used to be able to do the moving push ups when I was in the 130's....now that I'm 160 I can't do em. I can go about halfway down, but that's not good enough & won't get the best results. I get weak very easily. It's like doing pushups with a 30 lb weight on your back! all the more motivation to get this extra weight off fast!!!

Sponsored Links
Old 10-21-2011, 03:36 PM   #902
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mrb76
Stats: 280/251/175
WOE: VSG/lowcarb
Start Date: 11/2/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
I actually have time to post today because the system is down at work haha

I just bought 4 new pairs of pants all in a size 28 which is exciting cuz I have always wanted to be a 27 but now that I am close, it looks like I am still pretty chubby, like I am small enough to fit the size but there is still like tons of fat on my midsection and I have a tummy, not cool! haha
How wonderful! Although size 28 here in the states would mean that you weigh like 300 pounds... =P

I still have several pairs of jeans that my hubby bought me before I gained weight again. Hopefully by end of year I can wear them.
Old 10-21-2011, 04:09 PM   #903
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
did you get them?
MIMMMMMMM

yep, I am THE snipe, I yam I yam........
Old 10-21-2011, 04:12 PM   #904
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Ooh I'm all alone on the board!!
!!
Old 10-21-2011, 04:17 PM   #905
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Ahhhhhh, to cheat or not to cheat. I fall into the not to cheat school of thought. For those of us who cannot control binge mode, cheating is deadly! However, I do eat off plan occasionally. The difference? Cheating to me is eating candy. Going off plan is eating what is served. I am a pastor and when I'm at a parishioner's home and they have made something for me,I eat it. I also eat what I'm served at the once a month lunch meeting where the hostess prepares the meal. I did learn at the last one that I need to have protein in the car in case the meal is vegetarian. All those carbs without protein is disaster. Anyway, I stay strict 95% of the time! My granddaughter's birthday party was Saturday and she didn't care or even notice that I did not have cake and ice cream!
WOW that is AMAZING control Mim, maybe that's why I don't go out much......then again, I have no friends
Old 10-21-2011, 04:19 PM   #906
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrattyS View Post
I think I am going to do this. I quit smoking and coffee. Surely I have the strength to pull this off. I just know if I do not partake of the yummies I will feel deprived and go crazy off diet like I have in the past. It is one thing to pass on one occasion but one after another will drive me mad.
Bratty, how did you do it? You're lucky to be single, if only the ball and chain would consider quitting.........
Old 10-21-2011, 04:21 PM   #907
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrb76 View Post
How wonderful! Although size 28 here in the states would mean that you weigh like 300 pounds... =P

I still have several pairs of jeans that my hubby bought me before I gained weight again. Hopefully by end of year I can wear them.
methinks she meant 28 waist not 28W......
Old 10-21-2011, 04:24 PM   #908
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Meatzza is pizza made with ground beef crust. I don't have a favorite recipe yet so I can't share one. I've tried several and they are all great! So, google meatzza, recipe and pick one! I make it about twice a month. It is very yummy.
Oh Lawdy, sounds dreamy!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-21-2011, 04:27 PM   #909
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Hey guys!

at 144.4 today after my fatty meal with some lettuce yesterday so That is a good sign for this weekend, the only complaint is the fat really hurt my tummy.

Sorry I have been awol lately, I just started a second job as a cashier at a sports store so I have more money to buy shoes haha and between my job at the college and the 4 dogs and the new job and seeing the neighbor I literally have no time lately haha.

Iam still about 5 pages behind on posts but,

I am happy to see Al back!

Aloha and GT how is Insanity going? I bough P90X a couple years ago I do the vids from time to time but have never actually commited to doing the whole 90 days, have either of you tried that? I want to try Insanity once I finish p90x, if I ever finish it.

CC, Bratty Miss you guys
MAR too funny about making more shoe money LMAO!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-21-2011, 04:31 PM   #910
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Oooooh!! Spill on the neighbour!!!!
!
O yes, Mar, please tell us of the bacon clad man feeding you chops.........
Old 10-21-2011, 04:32 PM   #911
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 235/227/155 5'7"
WOE: Stillman QWL
Start Date: September 2 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
Bratty, how did you do it? You're lucky to be single, if only the ball and chain would consider quitting.........
I have a ball and chain. I made him quit with me.
Really, we were both ready. It was hard hard hard and I think the first 6 months after that were the worst. I felt like I was on a hormonal rage for way too long. It has been 4 years now and I am SO happy we did it together. I do not think I could have did it alone, especially with another smoker in the house.
Old 10-21-2011, 04:36 PM   #912
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

WOW did you do Chantrix or Nicorette or smack each other with cast iron pans???
Old 10-21-2011, 04:36 PM   #913
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Do you not think though that this is precisely the thinking that got you to 200lbs or at least kept you there. The typical yo-yo dieter, lose a few, get comfortable, go right back to the way you were eating before and before you know it, you've gained the weight back.
Yes eating a balanced healthy diet with treats with friends IS the perfect 'normal' person diet, for those who have no control or bingeing issues, but as you said yourself, you do. What's going to be different this time on Stills than all the other times? Wanting it a little bit more isn't enough-yes for the weight loss part but not for maintenance. Sugar to some people is like a drug, one bite and you're hooked right back in.
I've thought about this a lot(I'm really at maintence now or at least I want to be ready). I read posts over a year ago from a LCF that had quoted from The Thin Commandments(I know I sound like I'm plugging this book!). He said that there are some foods that you will just have to 'box out' as in never have them. You will have to do everything in your power(for that, there are strategies!) to avoid eating them. He even went so far as to say if that means buying a lockabke box with a combination code then so be it. At the time I thought this was the most depressing thing I think I had ever read. I thought there is no way I can (or would want to) live my life like that. This is not normal behaviour. I wanted the normal healthy relationship with food, that I could enjoy everything in moderation(I do however want lc/Paleo to be my woe).But that I could have chocolate or whatever on occasions with friends. It would be depressing and 'no life' if I couldn't enjoy things like other people can. But exactely therein lies the problem---I can't enjoy things the way others can(otherwise I wouldn't have been 250lbs)
I know myself that I have finally come to the realisation that that thought isn't that depressing after all. It's just fact. I don't have a normal relationship with food and I never will. I also think that when you have a bad relationship with food it is something you always will have, it's not something that can be 'unlearned'. Again that sounds like a depressing thought, but if you really accept it, get strategies to help you, it's actually quite freeing.
Again it comes down to acting like an adult, accepting that no, it's probably not fair, why can others enjoy food and not me? Well that's just the roll of the dice unfiortunately.
I promise you, I'm not 'preaching' to you. I'm as messed up as anyone. But I know that I need to deal with this head on. Which would I rather, to be thin and in control and happy or fat with all the self loathing that brings. Will eating like a 'normal' person give my that happiness? No because I can't eat like that.
My 'weight' history-I had Anorexia as a teenager, gained a normal amount of weight, but then started the classic restrict/binge/purge cycle. It kept my weight stable at just under 140lbs. Then I had to take a s**load of hormones, gained 34lbs in over a month. After that I hated myself, so I comfort ate, gave up the gym. Interestingly the real classic binging and purging stopped. (I also lost my Dad at the time so I think I just didn't have the energy to do it).
I started QWL totally positive in the knowledge that it would work. Loved stepping on the scale, measuring etc. I never saw it as a hardship. I had planned cheats-2or3 candies at Halloween, my Christmas dinner and some chocolate, Cadbury Creme egg at Easter, ice cream on vacation. I enjoyed each one and hopped right back on. I thought I had put all demons behind me, that I was gonna be abke to eat normally, that I had it 'down' Then just the way the weight loss had 'clicked' something 'unclicked'. I don't know if it was that I got comfy but since around April2010 I can't do the 'one treat' thing. One piece of chocolate leads to another.....and it's no joke when I say I could eat 3or4 3oz bars abd want more. That leads to the purging. If I don't purge then I know I'll gain so it's a vicious circle. And purging leads to real self-loathing. And again if I don't do it then for weeks or months I'm fine but once I start it takes a while to stop.
Ok I've never been a yo-yo dieter, and TTC is aimed at yo-yo dieters, but I do know that once the 'binging' is there or the bad relationship with food is there, then it will never ever go. There is no magic wand. We will never be able to go back to eating like 'normal' people or we will most certaintly gain the weight back. If you read TTC he says that the 10% or less of people who keep the weight off accept this fact and are happier with this knowledge.
So much of what you say rings true. Probably why it makes me so uncomfortable. Truth hurt eh? I like to think of myself as a strong woman and the thought that I can not control my eating habits feels weak to me. Thank you for taking the time to share your truths and experience with me/us. I think we can all learn for each other. I think I will get book and give it a read. Maybe it will help get my head in the right spot.
Old 10-21-2011, 04:36 PM   #914
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

seriously, it's so dang expensive now it would be cheaper to blaze up (weed)
Old 10-21-2011, 04:39 PM   #915
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
So much of what you say rings true. Probably why it makes me so uncomfortable. Truth hurt eh? I like to think of myself as a strong woman and the thought that I can not control my eating habits feels weak to me. Thank you for taking the time to share your truths and experience with me/us. I think we can all learn for each other. I think I will get book and give it a read. Maybe it will help get my head in the right spot.
Different strokes, folks..........one day something will click for you.

IMHO for me its going to stay this way. There is no normal eating, just skinny eating.

"There is no normal life, Wyatt, there's just life."

-Kurt Russell as Wyatt Earp in 'Tombstone'
Old 10-21-2011, 04:39 PM   #916
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Bratty, et al. - up your fat through the holidays! Stay on plan, don't eat the halloween candy - it is nothing special. Neither is the cake! Make yourself a meatzza for the party. But make sure you make a big one 'cause it is soooooo much better tasting than pizza! For Thanksgiving make a choice. Eat off plan for Thanksgiving (one meal) or just stay on plan. Make cranberry sauce with splenda, make a green bean casserole, don't eat stuffing, sweet potatoes, and make a low carb pumpkin dessert for yourself. You will thank yourself!
I found a few meatzza recipes I am going to try for our get together on the 6th. This way they can all have their Dominos Pizza and I can stay on track.
Old 10-21-2011, 04:40 PM   #917
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrb76 View Post
All this cheating talk!!!! Speaking of.... I gained 6 pounds in 2 days from my Halloween cookie baking fiasco. Wednesday & Thursday I ate crap, including Olive Garden, and I'm paying the price. I feel nauseous as heck and bloated and over-all nasty. I am happy to be back on plan today - none of the junk food was worth it!
Get back on track and you will feel better in no time!
Old 10-21-2011, 04:43 PM   #918
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Hey guys!

at 144.4 today after my fatty meal with some lettuce yesterday so That is a good sign for this weekend, the only complaint is the fat really hurt my tummy.

Sorry I have been awol lately, I just started a second job as a cashier at a sports store so I have more money to buy shoes haha and between my job at the college and the 4 dogs and the new job and seeing the neighbor I literally have no time lately haha.

Iam still about 5 pages behind on posts but,

I am happy to see Al back!

Aloha and GT how is Insanity going? I bough P90X a couple years ago I do the vids from time to time but have never actually commited to doing the whole 90 days, have either of you tried that? I want to try Insanity once I finish p90x, if I ever finish it.

CC, Bratty Miss you guys
Dang, you are one busy woman. Post when you can. Few and far between is so much better than you just disappearing.
Old 10-21-2011, 04:43 PM   #919
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
Yes.
Really?? I want new boobs too! Kids ruined mine.
Old 10-21-2011, 04:45 PM   #920
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

LOL I wonder if she's really doing it or she's joking.......mebbe the new ride was a boob bribe from the DH??????????

ROFLMAO
Old 10-21-2011, 04:46 PM   #921
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I actually have time to post today because the system is down at work haha

I just bought 4 new pairs of pants all in a size 28 which is exciting cuz I have always wanted to be a 27 but now that I am close, it looks like I am still pretty chubby, like I am small enough to fit the size but there is still like tons of fat on my midsection and I have a tummy, not cool! haha
What size is that in USA? If I was a size 28 I would cry. I want to cry being a 16. 16s are loose and 14s squeeze me to death.
Old 10-21-2011, 04:48 PM   #922
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
O yes, Mar, please tell us of the bacon clad man feeding you chops.........
A man with bacon is the best.
Old 10-21-2011, 04:49 PM   #923
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

don't be horrified........

menu

1 lb. sweeat italian sausage simmered to remove fat and salt then warmed in marinara

I ate three and a half links, almost 3/4 of a pound.

I love cows and pigs, I do I do

Old 10-21-2011, 04:49 PM   #924
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
WOW did you do Chantrix or Nicorette or smack each other with cast iron pans???
We bought the nicotine gum. I chewed one piece... It was SO nasty. Went cold turkey and tried not kill anyone.
Old 10-21-2011, 04:50 PM   #925
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
What size is that in USA? If I was a size 28 I would cry. I want to cry being a 16. 16s are loose and 14s squeeze me to death.
to me it would be a size eight...........
Old 10-21-2011, 04:51 PM   #926
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
A man with bacon is the best.
and one with salami ain't bad, either........
Old 10-21-2011, 04:51 PM   #927
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
seriously, it's so dang expensive now it would be cheaper to blaze up (weed)
I know, my eyes about fall out of my head when I notice a sale sign. I haven't had weed since college. That is probably expensive now too.
Old 10-21-2011, 04:52 PM   #928
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
We bought the nicotine gum. I chewed one piece... It was SO nasty. Went cold turkey and tried not kill anyone.
good to know PMS isn't the only killer out there
Old 10-21-2011, 04:52 PM   #929
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
LOL I wonder if she's really doing it or she's joking.......mebbe the new ride was a boob bribe from the DH??????????

ROFLMAO
Old 10-21-2011, 04:53 PM   #930
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I know, my eyes about fall out of my head when I notice a sale sign. I haven't had weed since college. That is probably expensive now too.
Oh and the munchies, I would be roasting chickens every day
Closed Thread