Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2011, 09:05 AM   #871
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Aloha Linz
Stats: 168/161/130 - 5'8"
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 9/5/2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrattyS View Post
Lost another 3 pounds. I am finally back at 205. 6 more pounds till I am out of the 200s! I hope to be there by the end of the month.
Ya Bratty!!! Way to go!! What's been on your menu? So excited for you!!!

Sponsored Links
Old 10-21-2011, 09:07 AM   #872
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrb76 View Post
All this cheating talk!!!! Speaking of.... I gained 6 pounds in 2 days from my Halloween cookie baking fiasco. Wednesday & Thursday I ate crap, including Olive Garden, and I'm paying the price. I feel nauseous as heck and bloated and over-all nasty. I am happy to be back on plan today - none of the junk food was worth it!
Put it behind you & press on forward!! You can do it girl!! Meat's the way to go!
Old 10-21-2011, 09:08 AM   #873
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
Meatzza is pizza made with ground beef crust. I don't have a favorite recipe yet so I can't share one. I've tried several and they are all great! So, google meatzza, recipe and pick one! I make it about twice a month. It is very yummy.
Ground beef crust??? I'm sold!! Thanks mim!!
Old 10-21-2011, 09:12 AM   #874
Senior LCF Member

Weighed in at 161 today, no loss from yesterday....no problem, I still feel really good about everything! I can't lose EVERY DAY! Would be nice, but know it's not very likely!! I feel better today, as in not so "flu-ish" anymore....so hopefully my workout won't suffer today! I need a good sweat & kick in the pants! Talk to ya later girls! xoxoo
Old 10-21-2011, 11:25 AM   #875
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 238/227/155 5'7"
WOE: Stillman QWL
Start Date: November 10 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloha Linz View Post
Ya Bratty!!! Way to go!! What's been on your menu? So excited for you!!!
2 eggs in the morning. Sunny side up with 0 cal spray
I eat about 5 ounces of chicken breast with one slice of low fat cheese and a sauce made of lite soy, sriracha , and ezsweetz, for lunch and dinner and a little SF jello as a night time snack. I have been making sure to get at least a gallon of CL/water in also.
Old 10-21-2011, 11:26 AM   #876
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 238/227/155 5'7"
WOE: Stillman QWL
Start Date: November 10 2014
Quote:
Weighed in at 161 today, no loss from yesterday....no problem, I still feel really good about everything! I can't lose EVERY DAY! Would be nice, but know it's not very likely!! I feel better today, as in not so "flu-ish" anymore....so hopefully my workout won't suffer today! I need a good sweat & kick in the pants! Talk to ya later girls! xoxoo
You lost a lot the first few days. It will start moving again soon. Enjoy your workout!
Old 10-21-2011, 12:47 PM   #877
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 195/195/175 5'3.5
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011
Hey guys!

at 144.4 today after my fatty meal with some lettuce yesterday so That is a good sign for this weekend, the only complaint is the fat really hurt my tummy.

Sorry I have been awol lately, I just started a second job as a cashier at a sports store so I have more money to buy shoes haha and between my job at the college and the 4 dogs and the new job and seeing the neighbor I literally have no time lately haha.

Iam still about 5 pages behind on posts but,

I am happy to see Al back!

Aloha and GT how is Insanity going? I bough P90X a couple years ago I do the vids from time to time but have never actually commited to doing the whole 90 days, have either of you tried that? I want to try Insanity once I finish p90x, if I ever finish it.

CC, Bratty Miss you guys
Old 10-21-2011, 12:58 PM   #878
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
Good morning! Good evening! GT - you are so energetic! I read your posts first thing in the morning while I'm drinking my coffee and slowly easing into the day.

MMS - I'm glad the surgery is nothing too scary. Will be thinking about you on the day, nonetheless!

I am now below my posted stats, but still a pound and a half above where I was just before I was going to change them. That will be off soon and I'll be able to post a loss on Thursday!
Thanks Mim. Sounds like you are doing great...keep it up!
Old 10-21-2011, 12:59 PM   #879
Major LCF Poster!

Makeme! I forgot you in my Hello, miss you too!
Old 10-21-2011, 01:05 PM   #880
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Glad it is not a scary surgery. You getting new boobs?? I had to ask!
Yes.
Old 10-21-2011, 01:07 PM   #881
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Quote:
You do not sound harsh. Far from it. My thing is I do not intend stills or extreme low carb to be a way of life for me in the long run. My diet problems are self control issues. I lost the ability to say enough is enough. I binge for months at a time and gain the weight back.
This is the point I found stillmans. I did it for about a month and lost 30 pounds. I felt and looked better about myself, I got too comfortable so I fell back into bad habits and gained all the weight back. I then did a 1200 calorie diet that was protein, veggies and fruit like I did before. Lost 20 pounds and again got comfortable enough to start eating like crap again. I gained most of the weight back.... I have been on this cycle for awhile but not all my life.
I do want the weigh off but I have to know my limits and teach myself control. I have no intention of going all my life not eating and enjoying the things I do enjoy. Like cake at a party or good food when I hang out with family or friends.
I feel there is a balance between healthy and enjoying yourself IF you can control your eating. For me, going extreme diet/ all protein for the rest of my life is just as self destructive as eating like crap day after day for as long as you want. I need balance in my life. Stills works for me and I feel great on it, I lose more weight than I ever could before. I also felt great eating some veggies and fruit.

I know that the WOE I want to eventually get to is not for everyone. I also know that Stills is not how I want to eat for the rest of my life either. I was once a slim, well balanced woman. I am just trying to find her again.
Do you not think though that this is precisely the thinking that got you to 200lbs or at least kept you there. The typical yo-yo dieter, lose a few, get comfortable, go right back to the way you were eating before and before you know it, you've gained the weight back.
Yes eating a balanced healthy diet with treats with friends IS the perfect 'normal' person diet, for those who have no control or bingeing issues, but as you said yourself, you do. What's going to be different this time on Stills than all the other times? Wanting it a little bit more isn't enough-yes for the weight loss part but not for maintenance. Sugar to some people is like a drug, one bite and you're hooked right back in.
I've thought about this a lot(I'm really at maintence now or at least I want to be ready). I read posts over a year ago from a LCF that had quoted from The Thin Commandments(I know I sound like I'm plugging this book!). He said that there are some foods that you will just have to 'box out' as in never have them. You will have to do everything in your power(for that, there are strategies!) to avoid eating them. He even went so far as to say if that means buying a lockabke box with a combination code then so be it. At the time I thought this was the most depressing thing I think I had ever read. I thought there is no way I can (or would want to) live my life like that. This is not normal behaviour. I wanted the normal healthy relationship with food, that I could enjoy everything in moderation(I do however want lc/Paleo to be my woe).But that I could have chocolate or whatever on occasions with friends. It would be depressing and 'no life' if I couldn't enjoy things like other people can. But exactely therein lies the problem---I can't enjoy things the way others can(otherwise I wouldn't have been 250lbs)
I know myself that I have finally come to the realisation that that thought isn't that depressing after all. It's just fact. I don't have a normal relationship with food and I never will. I also think that when you have a bad relationship with food it is something you always will have, it's not something that can be 'unlearned'. Again that sounds like a depressing thought, but if you really accept it, get strategies to help you, it's actually quite freeing.
Again it comes down to acting like an adult, accepting that no, it's probably not fair, why can others enjoy food and not me? Well that's just the roll of the dice unfiortunately.
I promise you, I'm not 'preaching' to you. I'm as messed up as anyone. But I know that I need to deal with this head on. Which would I rather, to be thin and in control and happy or fat with all the self loathing that brings. Will eating like a 'normal' person give my that happiness? No because I can't eat like that.
My 'weight' history-I had Anorexia as a teenager, gained a normal amount of weight, but then started the classic restrict/binge/purge cycle. It kept my weight stable at just under 140lbs. Then I had to take a s**load of hormones, gained 34lbs in over a month. After that I hated myself, so I comfort ate, gave up the gym. Interestingly the real classic binging and purging stopped. (I also lost my Dad at the time so I think I just didn't have the energy to do it).
I started QWL totally positive in the knowledge that it would work. Loved stepping on the scale, measuring etc. I never saw it as a hardship. I had planned cheats-2or3 candies at Halloween, my Christmas dinner and some chocolate, Cadbury Creme egg at Easter, ice cream on vacation. I enjoyed each one and hopped right back on. I thought I had put all demons behind me, that I was gonna be abke to eat normally, that I had it 'down' Then just the way the weight loss had 'clicked' something 'unclicked'. I don't know if it was that I got comfy but since around April2010 I can't do the 'one treat' thing. One piece of chocolate leads to another.....and it's no joke when I say I could eat 3or4 3oz bars abd want more. That leads to the purging. If I don't purge then I know I'll gain so it's a vicious circle. And purging leads to real self-loathing. And again if I don't do it then for weeks or months I'm fine but once I start it takes a while to stop.
Ok I've never been a yo-yo dieter, and TTC is aimed at yo-yo dieters, but I do know that once the 'binging' is there or the bad relationship with food is there, then it will never ever go. There is no magic wand. We will never be able to go back to eating like 'normal' people or we will most certaintly gain the weight back. If you read TTC he says that the 10% or less of people who keep the weight off accept this fact and are happier with this knowledge.

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!(not even chocolate!)
Old 10-21-2011, 01:08 PM   #882
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Lost another 3 pounds. I am finally back at 205. 6 more pounds till I am out of the 200s! I hope to be there by the end of the month.
Old 10-21-2011, 01:08 PM   #883
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Glad it is not a scary surgery. You getting new boobs?? I had to ask!
Old 10-21-2011, 01:09 PM   #884
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
You go girl!!! Such a rockstar you are!! I hate those in-out abs too!! So hard! You have such a tiny waist...so cute! I don't think I could ever do 2 insanity workouts in a day. You're a force to be reckon with!!
Ha! It's just the rest of me that's not so tiny!!
Old 10-21-2011, 01:10 PM   #885
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Ground beef crust??? I'm sold!! Thanks mim!!
Oooh me too!!
Old 10-21-2011, 01:10 PM   #886
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Good luck on your surgery mms!! Your suggestion of a low carb treat is perfect!! I'm with you, and would rather a glass of wine
Yay. Makes sense.
Old 10-21-2011, 01:13 PM   #887
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
Hey guys!

at 144.4 today after my fatty meal with some lettuce yesterday so That is a good sign for this weekend, the only complaint is the fat really hurt my tummy.

Sorry I have been awol lately, I just started a second job as a cashier at a sports store so I have more money to buy shoes haha and between my job at the college and the 4 dogs and the new job and seeing the neighbor I literally have no time lately haha.

Iam still about 5 pages behind on posts but,

I am happy to see Al back!

Aloha and GT how is Insanity going? I bough P90X a couple years ago I do the vids from time to time but have never actually commited to doing the whole 90 days, have either of you tried that? I want to try Insanity once I finish p90x, if I ever finish it.

CC, Bratty Miss you guys
Oooooh!! Spill on the neighbour!!!!

I looked T p90x but I thought you needed a lot of equipment and also some of the reviews said you bulked with it!
Old 10-21-2011, 01:22 PM   #888
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
This tuna cake sounds yummy!! fresh red chili...is that a spice or the actual pepper? Kaffir lime leaves....what is this? Do you fry em up or what? I want to try this! Thanks MMS!
Actual chili pepper but you could use flakes. I buy Kaffir lime leaves from the dried herb section in the supermarket, they are used in a lot of Thai cooking and have a subtle lime flavour. I just crumble them into the mixture. I spray some one cal spray on a sheet and then bake them for about 20, 25 mins... really yummy! Got all the stuff for the C sauce but then realised I am out of chili flakes...do you think fresh would be OK? I could always buy some flakes as I am not making it until tomorrow.
Old 10-21-2011, 01:25 PM   #889
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I will look around, thanks!
Me too! Sounds yum!
Old 10-21-2011, 01:34 PM   #890
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Makeme! I forgot you in my Hello, miss you too!
Thanks Mar, just post when you can...no probs, we are all here for you. I'm always disappearing.
Old 10-21-2011, 01:46 PM   #891
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mrb76
Stats: 280/251/175
WOE: VSG/lowcarb
Start Date: 11/2/2012
My mom brought me over the original Stillaman diet book! It's old as heck and the front cover fell off but it has all the recipes and such. Very cool =D
Old 10-21-2011, 01:55 PM   #892
Major LCF Poster!

I actually have time to post today because the system is down at work haha

I just bought 4 new pairs of pants all in a size 28 which is exciting cuz I have always wanted to be a 27 but now that I am close, it looks like I am still pretty chubby, like I am small enough to fit the size but there is still like tons of fat on my midsection and I have a tummy, not cool! haha
Old 10-21-2011, 02:05 PM   #893
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I actually have time to post today because the system is down at work haha

I just bought 4 new pairs of pants all in a size 28 which is exciting cuz I have always wanted to be a 27 but now that I am close, it looks like I am still pretty chubby, like I am small enough to fit the size but there is still like tons of fat on my midsection and I have a tummy, not cool! haha
Cool though...you are so close!
Old 10-21-2011, 02:29 PM   #894
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Oooooh!! Spill on the neighbour!!!!

I looked T p90x but I thought you needed a lot of equipment and also some of the reviews said you bulked with it!
we are still Just hanging out once a week or so, he's pretty busy too so I don't really see this going anywhere But I will keep you posted if that changes.

Yeah I don't have a chin up bar (not that I could do a chin up!) and I worry about the weights bulking me up, I would rather be small and weak than small and muscley haha
Old 10-21-2011, 02:59 PM   #895
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
2 eggs in the morning. Sunny side up with 0 cal spray
I eat about 5 ounces of chicken breast with one slice of low fat cheese and a sauce made of lite soy, sriracha , and ezsweetz, for lunch and dinner and a little SF jello as a night time snack. I have been making sure to get at least a gallon of CL/water in also.
Lookin' good!! Gotta love the CL
Old 10-21-2011, 03:03 PM   #896
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

CC, Bratty Miss you guys
Hey Mar! GT is really in the trenches of Insanity & could probably give a better report than me at the moment, but it's a really fun workout! I'm still in the first week of carb de-tox and just have that heavy leg syndrome when I workout....it sucks!! Today went better, but I still got heavy legs very quick & very early. Oh well....just gotta keep on keepin' on! Shaun T, the instructor, is adorable though! Way better than Tony H of P90x. Tony is just straight up cheeseball!! Shaun T has some flava! I know lots of peeps that have gotten good results with P90X but I've never tried it.
Old 10-21-2011, 03:04 PM   #897
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
Yes.
You go girl!! Good for you!!
Old 10-21-2011, 03:07 PM   #898
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Do you not think though that this is precisely the thinking that got you to 200lbs or at least kept you there. The typical yo-yo dieter, lose a few, get comfortable, go right back to the way you were eating before and before you know it, you've gained the weight back.
Yes eating a balanced healthy diet with treats with friends IS the perfect 'normal' person diet, for those who have no control or bingeing issues, but as you said yourself, you do. What's going to be different this time on Stills than all the other times? Wanting it a little bit more isn't enough-yes for the weight loss part but not for maintenance. Sugar to some people is like a drug, one bite and you're hooked right back in.
I've thought about this a lot(I'm really at maintence now or at least I want to be ready). I read posts over a year ago from a LCF that had quoted from The Thin Commandments(I know I sound like I'm plugging this book!). He said that there are some foods that you will just have to 'box out' as in never have them. You will have to do everything in your power(for that, there are strategies!) to avoid eating them. He even went so far as to say if that means buying a lockabke box with a combination code then so be it. At the time I thought this was the most depressing thing I think I had ever read. I thought there is no way I can (or would want to) live my life like that. This is not normal behaviour. I wanted the normal healthy relationship with food, that I could enjoy everything in moderation(I do however want lc/Paleo to be my woe).But that I could have chocolate or whatever on occasions with friends. It would be depressing and 'no life' if I couldn't enjoy things like other people can. But exactely therein lies the problem---I can't enjoy things the way others can(otherwise I wouldn't have been 250lbs)
I know myself that I have finally come to the realisation that that thought isn't that depressing after all. It's just fact. I don't have a normal relationship with food and I never will. I also think that when you have a bad relationship with food it is something you always will have, it's not something that can be 'unlearned'. Again that sounds like a depressing thought, but if you really accept it, get strategies to help you, it's actually quite freeing.
Again it comes down to acting like an adult, accepting that no, it's probably not fair, why can others enjoy food and not me? Well that's just the roll of the dice unfiortunately.
I promise you, I'm not 'preaching' to you. I'm as messed up as anyone. But I know that I need to deal with this head on. Which would I rather, to be thin and in control and happy or fat with all the self loathing that brings. Will eating like a 'normal' person give my that happiness? No because I can't eat like that.
My 'weight' history-I had Anorexia as a teenager, gained a normal amount of weight, but then started the classic restrict/binge/purge cycle. It kept my weight stable at just under 140lbs. Then I had to take a s**load of hormones, gained 34lbs in over a month. After that I hated myself, so I comfort ate, gave up the gym. Interestingly the real classic binging and purging stopped. (I also lost my Dad at the time so I think I just didn't have the energy to do it).
I started QWL totally positive in the knowledge that it would work. Loved stepping on the scale, measuring etc. I never saw it as a hardship. I had planned cheats-2or3 candies at Halloween, my Christmas dinner and some chocolate, Cadbury Creme egg at Easter, ice cream on vacation. I enjoyed each one and hopped right back on. I thought I had put all demons behind me, that I was gonna be abke to eat normally, that I had it 'down' Then just the way the weight loss had 'clicked' something 'unclicked'. I don't know if it was that I got comfy but since around April2010 I can't do the 'one treat' thing. One piece of chocolate leads to another.....and it's no joke when I say I could eat 3or4 3oz bars abd want more. That leads to the purging. If I don't purge then I know I'll gain so it's a vicious circle. And purging leads to real self-loathing. And again if I don't do it then for weeks or months I'm fine but once I start it takes a while to stop.
Ok I've never been a yo-yo dieter, and TTC is aimed at yo-yo dieters, but I do know that once the 'binging' is there or the bad relationship with food is there, then it will never ever go. There is no magic wand. We will never be able to go back to eating like 'normal' people or we will most certaintly gain the weight back. If you read TTC he says that the 10% or less of people who keep the weight off accept this fact and are happier with this knowledge.
Bless your heart for your wisdom & transparency! Thank you for being you GT. we adore you!!
Old 10-21-2011, 03:09 PM   #899
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
Actual chili pepper but you could use flakes. I buy Kaffir lime leaves from the dried herb section in the supermarket, they are used in a lot of Thai cooking and have a subtle lime flavour. I just crumble them into the mixture. I spray some one cal spray on a sheet and then bake them for about 20, 25 mins... really yummy! Got all the stuff for the C sauce but then realised I am out of chili flakes...do you think fresh would be OK? I could always buy some flakes as I am not making it until tomorrow.
I'm gonna look for those lime leaves!! Never seen em before! I would think fresh chili would be ok?? Lemme know how they turn out! Sounds delish!
Old 10-21-2011, 03:11 PM   #900
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Oh I'm green with envy!! good for you Mar!! I have 27's that I'm just dying to get into but they won't even go over my thigh now! ugh.
Closed Thread