Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2011, 03:31 AM   #841
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Hey Makeme!!!!! Too sweaty to stay!!

Sponsored Links
Old 10-21-2011, 03:33 AM   #842
Big Yapper!!!!

Oh Makeme I hope your surgery is nothing too serious. I know you had a few scares a couple of months ago.
Old 10-21-2011, 03:45 AM   #843
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
I'm here GT... think you missed my last post. Could be that you are doing too much but you are doing great regardless. I am just eating a tuna fish cake...delish! I used tuna, light mayo, onion and garlic powder, fresh red chili, Kaffir lime leaves, chives and a small amount of grated LF mature cheddar (which I allow myself daily). So, so good! You could use eggs to bind but In much prefer them this way. I fact I am going to make a heap up later and refrigerate them.

Last edited by makemeslim; 10-21-2011 at 03:52 AM..
Old 10-21-2011, 03:47 AM   #844
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Oh Makeme I hope your surgery is nothing too serious. I know you had a few scares a couple of months ago.
No not at all scary and not to do with the recent probs. Thanks.
Old 10-21-2011, 04:17 AM   #845
Big Yapper!!!!

Ok I'm back!!! Clean and soft! Ha! Having tea and tuna--oh joy!!
Old 10-21-2011, 04:20 AM   #846
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
I'm here GT... think you missed my last post. Could be that you are doing too much but you are doing great regardless. I am just eating a tuna fish cake...delish! I used tuna, light mayo, onion and garlic powder, fresh red chili, Kaffir lime leaves, chives and a small amount of grated LF mature cheddar (which I allow myself daily). So, so good! You could use eggs to bind but In much prefer them this way. I fact I am going to make a heap up later and refrigerate them.
Sounds good! I really have to start trying cooking properly and trying lc recipes out. I literally make ew omelettes(in the micriwave!), grill turkey or chicken breasts or open a can of tuna, mix it with mustard and dump it on top of lettuce or cukes or sthg!!
Old 10-21-2011, 04:58 AM   #847
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Good morning! Good evening! GT - you are so energetic! I read your posts first thing in the morning while I'm drinking my coffee and slowly easing into the day.

MMS - I'm glad the surgery is nothing too scary. Will be thinking about you on the day, nonetheless!

I am now below my posted stats, but still a pound and a half above where I was just before I was going to change them. That will be off soon and I'll be able to post a loss on Thursday!
Old 10-21-2011, 05:06 AM   #848
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Ahhhhhh, to cheat or not to cheat. I fall into the not to cheat school of thought. For those of us who cannot control binge mode, cheating is deadly! However, I do eat off plan occasionally. The difference? Cheating to me is eating candy. Going off plan is eating what is served. I am a pastor and when I'm at a parishioner's home and they have made something for me,I eat it. I also eat what I'm served at the once a month lunch meeting where the hostess prepares the meal. I did learn at the last one that I need to have protein in the car in case the meal is vegetarian. All those carbs without protein is disaster. Anyway, I stay strict 95% of the time! My granddaughter's birthday party was Saturday and she didn't care or even notice that I did not have cake and ice cream!
Old 10-21-2011, 05:12 AM   #849
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Bratty, et al. - up your fat through the holidays! Stay on plan, don't eat the halloween candy - it is nothing special. Neither is the cake! Make yourself a meatzza for the party. But make sure you make a big one 'cause it is soooooo much better tasting than pizza! For Thanksgiving make a choice. Eat off plan for Thanksgiving (one meal) or just stay on plan. Make cranberry sauce with splenda, make a green bean casserole, don't eat stuffing, sweet potatoes, and make a low carb pumpkin dessert for yourself. You will thank yourself!
Old 10-21-2011, 05:17 AM   #850
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
Good morning! Good evening! GT - you are so energetic! I read your posts first thing in the morning while I'm drinking my coffee and slowly easing into the day.

MMS - I'm glad the surgery is nothing too scary. Will be thinking about you on the day, nonetheless!

I am now below my posted stats, but still a pound and a half above where I was just before I was going to change them. That will be off soon and I'll be able to post a loss on Thursday!
It's good afternoon for me!! Yay on the loss!!
Old 10-21-2011, 05:19 AM   #851
Big Yapper!!!!

OMG--I adore cranberry sauce!!! Ha!! I literally have a bit of turkey with it!!!
Old 10-21-2011, 05:19 AM   #852
Big Yapper!!!!

Oh and stuffing....................Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! !!!!
Old 10-21-2011, 05:20 AM   #853
Big Yapper!!!!

Ok I gotta stop drooling!!
Old 10-21-2011, 06:20 AM   #854
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 233/224/155 5'7"
WOE: Stillman QWL
Start Date: May 1 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloha Linz View Post
Ok how bout this....can you have your cheat on the celebration days & then get right back on plan the very next meal? I honestly want to attempt the holidays like this. Eat what I want at the party, but then get right back on the next meal. I don't want to feel deprived, but I also don't want to ride the wave of carb bingeing where one taste sends me into a 10 day binge. In the big picture, from now until New years, there will be about 10-20 get-togethers, right? And about 70 days in all. So roughly 210 meals (if you eat 3x's a day). If 10-20 of those meals are cheats.....you will be FINE!! 10 out of 210!! think about it...it won't hurt at all!! In fact, might even keep you more sane! Just my thinking, and what I'm trying to talk myself up to doing!
I think I am going to do this. I quit smoking and coffee. Surely I have the strength to pull this off. I just know if I do not partake of the yummies I will feel deprived and go crazy off diet like I have in the past. It is one thing to pass on one occasion but one after another will drive me mad.
Old 10-21-2011, 06:22 AM   #855
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloha Linz View Post
Do any of you watch food network? I love it!! Watch it whenever I have a free moment (and if I like the show that's on). There's a new show called Sweet Genius. Have any of you seen it?? It's like Chopped, but dessert style. I don't really like it. The host/judge Ron Israel is so alien & robotic to me....they make it so futuristic & it seems like they try to intimidate the competitors with the intense effects. Just not really appealing to me! I love Chopped, thought i'd like a sweet version of it too.....guess not! My favorite shows on food network are Giada, pioneer woman, paula deen & chopped! Oh & Iron Chef! I learned to cook by watching the food network!!

I love chopped and iron chef. It amazes me the things they come up with. I also like rediculous shows like sugar high, and man vs food. I think they may be on the travel channel.
Old 10-21-2011, 06:48 AM   #856
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Cheating will drive you nuts. Yeah I'm sure the cake will taste good, but think how you will feel at the end of November when you've eaten the crap(cos let's face it there's nothing health giving in pizza and cake, either physically or mentally) and haven't made your weight loss goal for the month. You've got to give QWl a long run, especially if you want that kind of diet to be your woe for life.(personally I think if you think of it as a quick solution then you will definitely gain the weight back) There will always be family gatherings and parties-always. There is never going to be a time when you can lock yourself away with only chicken and tuna-there just isn't-thankfully. Even if you don't make a weight loss goal, it is always better to know that you gave it your all than what if.
Honestly, if you are thinking things like I won't be able to do Stills that month--then personally (and I'm quoting what someone else said) I'm not sure you are 'ready' to lose the weight. I hope this doesn't sound harsh, I really don't mean it to. Believe me I have cheated way to much. But stopping and starting a 'diet' and therefore achieving no loss will never get you anywhere--well a one way ticket to more comfort eating maybe.
Things like I can't do it that week cos I have a lunch engagement are just simply excuses, for whatever reason, maybe you're afraid you won't meet your weight loss goal, I don't know. It's the same thinking behind--I could never eat tuna for breakfast, or it's ok for her, it worked for her but it mightn't for me.
I'm saying this cos I've heard my Mum say this many many times.
You can enjoy family gatherings without eating what's on offer. In fact I can guarantee you will enjoy it more because you will have had all of the pleasure of the gathering and none of the self loathing or guilt that will come from eating something that doesn't make you happy and healthy in the long run.
Eating the food at the gathering doesn't show love to your family but taking care of your health definitely does.
Again I don't mean to sound harsh.
You do not sound harsh. Far from it. My thing is I do not intend stills or extreme low carb to be a way of life for me in the long run. My diet problems are self control issues. I lost the ability to say enough is enough. I binge for months at a time and gain the weight back.

A short version of my weigh loss history is this....
While pregnant with my daughter (8 years ago) I had gestational diabetes. After I had her I went on a carb and sugar binge for about a year. I gained about 30 pounds. I lost that weight in about 4 months simply eating protein and lots of fruit and veggies with an occasional treat.
I got pregnant with my son shortly after that. In my 3rd month I was diagnosed with cervical cancer. I had a hysterectomy right after he was born.
Between that and depression induced eating like a pig, at all hours, all day long, I gained about 70 pounds in less than a year.
This is the point I found stillmans. I did it for about a month and lost 30 pounds. I felt and looked better about myself, I got too comfortable so I fell back into bad habits and gained all the weight back. I then did a 1200 calorie diet that was protein, veggies and fruit like I did before. Lost 20 pounds and again got comfortable enough to start eating like crap again. I gained most of the weight back.... I have been on this cycle for awhile but not all my life.
I do want the weigh off but I have to know my limits and teach myself control. I have no intention of going all my life not eating and enjoying the things I do enjoy. Like cake at a party or good food when I hang out with family or friends.
I feel there is a balance between healthy and enjoying yourself IF you can control your eating. For me, going extreme diet/ all protein for the rest of my life is just as self destructive as eating like crap day after day for as long as you want. I need balance in my life. Stills works for me and I feel great on it, I lose more weight than I ever could before. I also felt great eating some veggies and fruit.

I know that the WOE I want to eventually get to is not for everyone. I also know that Stills is not how I want to eat for the rest of my life either. I was once a slim, well balanced woman. I am just trying to find her again.

Courage isn't always a lion's roar. It is sometimes the heart at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow".
Old 10-21-2011, 06:52 AM   #857
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Ooh I'm all alone on the board!!
Just done Plyo Cardio--OMG!! Boy was it tough. It felt much harder than the first time and much harder than yesterday. I think maybe doing he Pure Cardio twice abd the Ab one may have been too much. My energy at the beginning today was really down, I even thought of just giving up-and that doesn't happen often-I'm waaay too stubborn!!!
It did get better in the middle though--that seems to be the way with me, I always seem to get more energy the longer the workout goes on!
Still found the jump in out with your legs while in a plank very hard--I really didn't do many. SeanT keeps saying get the power from your abs--so I'm reckoning why I can't do those(I find it hard to actually jump the 2 feet off the ground) is because my abs aren't strong enough, which is really strange because my waist is definitely my smallest part (23.5in--i always have to get holes punched in belts!)and I have got good enough ab definition(well no six pack!, but the lines down the sides and middle and little pack!ha!) Guess it's just my natural shape that gave me those--the way people have skinny legs-but that actually my abs aren't that good at all.
Ok I'm going to the shower!! If I can actually drag myself there!! I had planned to do Pure Cardio as well--but I think that may be foolish. I think I could prob do it now(i love it!) but I think it might catch up with me!......that's my excuse anyway!!
I think I just burned a few calories just reading how intense all that sounds.
Old 10-21-2011, 06:54 AM   #858
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
No not at all scary and not to do with the recent probs. Thanks.
Glad it is not a scary surgery. You getting new boobs?? I had to ask!
Old 10-21-2011, 06:55 AM   #859
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

Happy for you!
Old 10-21-2011, 06:59 AM   #860
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Bratty, et al. - up your fat through the holidays! Stay on plan, don't eat the halloween candy - it is nothing special. Neither is the cake! Make yourself a meatzza for the party. But make sure you make a big one 'cause it is soooooo much better tasting than pizza! For Thanksgiving make a choice. Eat off plan for Thanksgiving (one meal) or just stay on plan. Make cranberry sauce with splenda, make a green bean casserole, don't eat stuffing, sweet potatoes, and make a low carb pumpkin dessert for yourself. You will thank yourself!
Oooh what is a meatzza? I have never heard of it.
Old 10-21-2011, 07:02 AM   #861
Major LCF Poster!

Lost another 3 pounds. I am finally back at 205. 6 more pounds till I am out of the 200s! I hope to be there by the end of the month.
Old 10-21-2011, 07:07 AM   #862
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mrb76
Stats: 280/251/175
WOE: VSG/lowcarb
Start Date: 11/2/2012
All this cheating talk!!!! Speaking of.... I gained 6 pounds in 2 days from my Halloween cookie baking fiasco. Wednesday & Thursday I ate crap, including Olive Garden, and I'm paying the price. I feel nauseous as heck and bloated and over-all nasty. I am happy to be back on plan today - none of the junk food was worth it!
Old 10-21-2011, 07:40 AM   #863
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrattyS View Post
Oooh what is a meatzza? I have never heard of it.
Meatzza is pizza made with ground beef crust. I don't have a favorite recipe yet so I can't share one. I've tried several and they are all great! So, google meatzza, recipe and pick one! I make it about twice a month. It is very yummy.
Old 10-21-2011, 07:47 AM   #864
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Aloha Linz
Stats: 168/161/130 - 5'8"
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 9/5/2011
Quote:
Ok girls, Gullo has got something for you on that! I'll have to look it up! But when you read it something will click!
I thought like that when I started this--and I've always thought it was my 'success'.
If you keep thinking missing out on foods is the deprivation then you won't achieve weightloss. You have to think positively. The deprivation is actually in eating those foods--you're depriving yourself of the body and health you want.

I'll look up Gullo later and quote it properly.
Yes I'd love to see the blurb from gullo! Thanks GT!! I just want to have a healthy, positive mindset!!
Old 10-21-2011, 07:54 AM   #865
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Morning peeps. feeling better today but still not completely there on the energy front. Need to go food shopping today. Thanks for the ingredients Linz, I will be making the sauce tomorrow, can't wait to try it! I will be taking this challenge up until the 8th of November (can not be on plan that day and probs the morning of the 9th as well as will be having a small surgery) and on the 9th by tea time I will be back on. Really gonna need you guys then coz I really don't want to go off on one. Halloween is not really a problem for me because I don't have a sweet tooth at all... will def have a big glass of red though. Just a thought but for those of you that feel you want that something sweet during Halloween...why not bake or buy something low carb...like chocolate cheese cake or a low carb choc bar...might stall you but at least you won't gain and have to go through the first few days of Stills again, like I said just a thought.
Good luck on your surgery mms!! Your suggestion of a low carb treat is perfect!! I'm with you, and would rather a glass of wine
Old 10-21-2011, 07:58 AM   #866
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Ooh I'm all alone on the board!!
Just done Plyo Cardio--OMG!! Boy was it tough. It felt much harder than the first time and much harder than yesterday. I think maybe doing he Pure Cardio twice abd the Ab one may have been too much. My energy at the beginning today was really down, I even thought of just giving up-and that doesn't happen often-I'm waaay too stubborn!!!
It did get better in the middle though--that seems to be the way with me, I always seem to get more energy the longer the workout goes on!
Still found the jump in out with your legs while in a plank very hard--I really didn't do many. SeanT keeps saying get the power from your abs--so I'm reckoning why I can't do those(I find it hard to actually jump the 2 feet off the ground) is because my abs aren't strong enough, which is really strange because my waist is definitely my smallest part (23.5in--i always have to get holes punched in belts!)and I have got good enough ab definition(well no six pack!, but the lines down the sides and middle and little pack!ha!) Guess it's just my natural shape that gave me those--the way people have skinny legs-but that actually my abs aren't that good at all.
Ok I'm going to the shower!! If I can actually drag myself there!! I had planned to do Pure Cardio as well--but I think that may be foolish. I think I could prob do it now(i love it!) but I think it might catch up with me!......that's my excuse anyway!!
You go girl!!! Such a rockstar you are!! I hate those in-out abs too!! So hard! You have such a tiny waist...so cute! I don't think I could ever do 2 insanity workouts in a day. You're a force to be reckon with!!
Old 10-21-2011, 07:59 AM   #867
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
This tuna cake sounds yummy!! fresh red chili...is that a spice or the actual pepper? Kaffir lime leaves....what is this? Do you fry em up or what? I want to try this! Thanks MMS!
Old 10-21-2011, 08:01 AM   #868
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Meatzza is pizza made with ground beef crust. I don't have a favorite recipe yet so I can't share one. I've tried several and they are all great! So, google meatzza, recipe and pick one! I make it about twice a month. It is very yummy.
I will look around, thanks!
Old 10-21-2011, 08:04 AM   #869
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I love chopped and iron chef. It amazes me the things they come up with. I also like rediculous shows like sugar high, and man vs food. I think they may be on the travel channel.
Ha ha I like man v food too....but sometimes am disgusted by it at the same time!! He's such a glutton! I love No Reservations. Anthony Bourdain's sense of humor cracks me up! Love that show!
Old 10-21-2011, 08:05 AM   #870
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
A short version of my weigh loss history is this....
While pregnant with my daughter (8 years ago) I had gestational diabetes. After I had her I went on a carb and sugar binge for about a year. I gained about 30 pounds. I lost that weight in about 4 months simply eating protein and lots of fruit and veggies with an occasional treat.
I got pregnant with my son shortly after that. In my 3rd month I was diagnosed with cervical cancer. I had a hysterectomy right after he was born.
Between that and depression induced eating like a pig, at all hours, all day long, I gained about 70 pounds in less than a year.
This is the point I found stillmans. I did it for about a month and lost 30 pounds. I felt and looked better about myself, I got too comfortable so I fell back into bad habits and gained all the weight back. I then did a 1200 calorie diet that was protein, veggies and fruit like I did before. Lost 20 pounds and again got comfortable enough to start eating like crap again. I gained most of the weight back.... I have been on this cycle for awhile but not all my life.
I do want the weigh off but I have to know my limits and teach myself control. I have no intention of going all my life not eating and enjoying the things I do enjoy. Like cake at a party or good food when I hang out with family or friends.
I feel there is a balance between healthy and enjoying yourself IF you can control your eating. For me, going extreme diet/ all protein for the rest of my life is just as self destructive as eating like crap day after day for as long as you want. I need balance in my life. Stills works for me and I feel great on it, I lose more weight than I ever could before. I also felt great eating some veggies and fruit.

I know that the WOE I want to eventually get to is not for everyone. I also know that Stills is not how I want to eat for the rest of my life either. I was once a slim, well balanced woman. I am just trying to find her again.
Closed Thread