Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2011, 03:14 PM   #811
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Aloha Linz
Stats: 168/161/130 - 5'8"
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 9/5/2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
hey ladies!

I haven't checked in in a while but I wanted to let you know I am on track I am actually down to 144.6, if I sabotage myself again at this weight I am gonna be mad, so my plan for today is high fat and maybe carry that onto the weekend and then back on plan come sunday, I have so many bdays and socials tyo go to that I am having a hard time stying on track so hopefully Next time I check in I will still be at 144 or lower
Hang in there Mar! I would love to be able to just have little cheats when social occasions come up, then just hop right back on plan. I tend to fall off the wagon for a week with just one cheat though, so I'm not ready yet. But, in an ideal world, that's how I'd like to get through the holidays!

Sponsored Links
Old 10-20-2011, 03:15 PM   #812
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
Without a doubt, AVG free.

My PC probs were due to Microsoft Security Essentials which corrupted and would not uninstall due to a trojan.

Also, mandatory software that should be on everyone's machine

CCleaner (stands for crap cleaner) run the cleaner at least once a week, the reg cleaner once a month.

Malwarebytes 1X month

Superantispyware 1X month

Advanced System Care 1X week
Oh CC you're a lifesaver!! Thank you soooooo much!! I will get those other ones too.
Old 10-20-2011, 03:17 PM   #813
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrattyS View Post
Wish I could have looked at your PC for you. Use my nerd powers for good!.

Microsoft Security Essentials began falsely identifying Google Chrome as a piece of malware couple of weeks ago and deleted it!

We regularly use spybot search and destroy and ad-aware as PC clean up tools.

Were the ones you listed recommend by whoever fixed your PC? I think I would like to try them out too. I am a software junkie/ hoarder. hehehe
I love all this nerd talk!! I feel like I'm reading a foreign language! Bratty do you do tech stuff for a job too? Or is it just a hobby? Either way, I love yours & CC's knowledge!! And a little jealous too
Old 10-20-2011, 03:27 PM   #814
Senior LCF Member

Girls I woke up 2 lbs lighter again!! I'm at 161 now. Started at 168 on Monday (4 days ago). My mini goal is to get to the 150's by the weekend....I think I should make it if I keep it up!! I didn't workout yesterday, had a ribeye & A LOT of wine last night.....so I was really surprised to see the loss!

Today I woke up feeling like crud though....probably from the wine, but also the feeling of the induction flu still. Legs are so brick-ish. Hate this! Just want to feel better!

GT, I love that you can workout intensely & feel good while doing low carb. I want to get there, and I think I will....just have to get through this first week! Did Insanity today but it was useless....I had no steam!! I pressed stop halfway into it. I really need to feel better to give it my all....but hey, at least I got a little bit in!

I didn't eat til 2pm today.....bacon & 3 eggs

then tonight I'll have another ribeye & my beloved chimichurri!! Clearly, not doing low fat stillman's....can't imagine how much worse I'd feel without the fat. or maybe I'd feel better?? I'll have to toy with this.... I'm losing great though & it's easy for me to stay on plan when i actually enjoy my food. I could seriously live like this forever! Ribeyes, chimichurri, bacon, lean ground beef, eggs?? What's not to love?!?

Oh and my skin is radiant today! I swear I look 10 years younger today. And it's only day 4 for me.....meat & fat are my fountain of youth!

xoxox
Old 10-20-2011, 05:35 PM   #815
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
Wish I could have looked at your PC for you. Use my nerd powers for good!.

Microsoft Security Essentials began falsely identifying Google Chrome as a piece of malware couple of weeks ago and deleted it!

We regularly use spybot search and destroy and ad-aware as PC clean up tools.

Were the ones you listed recommend by whoever fixed your PC? I think I would like to try them out too. I am a software junkie/ hoarder. hehehe
OOh, forgot to mention SDD.........it's a good one but occasionally conflicts with the other programs so they can start attacking each other sometimes, I do that one about once a month.

As my geek factor has grown over the years my PC tech that I visit about once every two to three years noticed in the beginning that there was potential in me.
When I would return with my healed unit I would find cookie crumbs he would leave for me on my machine, free programs that were better than the paid stuff..
What started in 2002 late nights full of wine and fearlessly editing the registry and roving at Major Geeks .com to speed up what was back then a top of the line machine has grown to being able to replace motherboards and hard drives, broken laptop screen covers and processors.
Last fall I had the pleasure of installing XP from scratch for a friend whos Toshiba HDD crashed. No laptop stand was the culprit, the thing literally ran so hot sitting on a glass table it could burn your hand. I gave him a chill pad as a gift.
Like I learned to work on cars, electronics and appliances, for some reason the Goddess chose me to be mechanically inclined. Much to the chagrin of mum who would have preferred I was a museum curator, she now can appreciate the daughter who taught her to use a 1/4" ratchet and socket set to reduce a washing machine into a wimpering pile of disposable steel.
Whether it's cars, TVs or PCs, I get the call when someone in the fam has an implosion. So ask away.......you can disable them but you really can't kill them. .....
Old 10-20-2011, 05:41 PM   #816
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloha Linz View Post
I love all this nerd talk!! I feel like I'm reading a foreign language! Bratty do you do tech stuff for a job too? Or is it just a hobby? Either way, I love yours & CC's knowledge!! And a little jealous too
don't feel bad, I feel the same way when you all talk about working out.....years ago I could bench 125....while drinking bourbon but the cats destroyed my weight bench and then we eventually had a living room instead of a shop and weight room....
Old 10-20-2011, 05:43 PM   #817
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Girls I woke up 2 lbs lighter again!! I'm at 161 now. Started at 168 on Monday (4 days ago). My mini goal is to get to the 150's by the weekend....I think I should make it if I keep it up!! I didn't workout yesterday, had a ribeye & A LOT of wine last night.....so I was really surprised to see the loss!

Today I woke up feeling like crud though....probably from the wine, but also the feeling of the induction flu still. Legs are so brick-ish. Hate this! Just want to feel better!

GT, I love that you can workout intensely & feel good while doing low carb. I want to get there, and I think I will....just have to get through this first week! Did Insanity today but it was useless....I had no steam!! I pressed stop halfway into it. I really need to feel better to give it my all....but hey, at least I got a little bit in!

I didn't eat til 2pm today.....bacon & 3 eggs

then tonight I'll have another ribeye & my beloved chimichurri!! Clearly, not doing low fat stillman's....can't imagine how much worse I'd feel without the fat. or maybe I'd feel better?? I'll have to toy with this.... I'm losing great though & it's easy for me to stay on plan when i actually enjoy my food. I could seriously live like this forever! Ribeyes, chimichurri, bacon, lean ground beef, eggs?? What's not to love?!?

Oh and my skin is radiant today! I swear I look 10 years younger today. And it's only day 4 for me.....meat & fat are my fountain of youth!

xoxox
Ribeyes, chimichurri, bacon, lean ground beef, eggs?? What's not to love?!?

words to live by!!!!!!!!
Old 10-20-2011, 05:44 PM   #818
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

oh if I can only snipe the bid on these I will be happy happy

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices
Old 10-20-2011, 07:46 PM   #819
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Quote:
did you get them?
Old 10-20-2011, 07:48 PM   #820
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
OOh, forgot to mention SDD.........it's a good one but occasionally conflicts with the other programs so they can start attacking each other sometimes, I do that one about once a month.

As my geek factor has grown over the years my PC tech that I visit about once every two to three years noticed in the beginning that there was potential in me.
When I would return with my healed unit I would find cookie crumbs he would leave for me on my machine, free programs that were better than the paid stuff..
What started in 2002 late nights full of wine and fearlessly editing the registry and roving at Major Geeks .com to speed up what was back then a top of the line machine has grown to being able to replace motherboards and hard drives, broken laptop screen covers and processors.
Last fall I had the pleasure of installing XP from scratch for a friend whos Toshiba HDD crashed. No laptop stand was the culprit, the thing literally ran so hot sitting on a glass table it could burn your hand. I gave him a chill pad as a gift.
Like I learned to work on cars, electronics and appliances, for some reason the Goddess chose me to be mechanically inclined. Much to the chagrin of mum who would have preferred I was a museum curator, she now can appreciate the daughter who taught her to use a 1/4" ratchet and socket set to reduce a washing machine into a wimpering pile of disposable steel.
Whether it's cars, TVs or PCs, I get the call when someone in the fam has an implosion. So ask away.......you can disable them but you really can't kill them. .....
I had an HP that overheated ALL THE TIME!!! I would sit it on top of smaller books so the fan could have space beneath it. I also put ice packs under it!! It got so frustrating & it would always shut down on me. I finally got a new one a few months ago...also an HP, but not with the fan below! Any chance in salvaging the one that overheated? What's a chill pack?

Your knowledge is king!
Old 10-20-2011, 07:50 PM   #821
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
don't feel bad, I feel the same way when you all talk about working out.....years ago I could bench 125....while drinking bourbon but the cats destroyed my weight bench and then we eventually had a living room instead of a shop and weight room....
125 is pretty hefty! Go you!! I guess the grass is always greener eh?!
Old 10-20-2011, 07:50 PM   #822
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Those are darling!!! I adore the equestrian look..... hope you get em!!
Old 10-20-2011, 08:05 PM   #823
Senior LCF Member

Just finished my ribeye....yummmm Got a couple of steaks at the market yesterday & they are thick! Last night I cooked it whole & pan fried it, but it was just too thick to get it crispy enough the way I like it. I can't eat fatty cuts of meat without the fat being crispy like bacon. I kind of gag if I "chew the fat" when it's not crunchy!! So tonight I butterflied the ribeye & pan fried both sides & it turned out sooooo much better!!! I love crispyness! I'm just not a raw meat kind of girl...but I know some who are & I got nothin' but respect for ya!
Old 10-20-2011, 08:23 PM   #824
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 238/227/155 5'7"
WOE: Stillman QWL
Start Date: November 10 2014
Quote:
Hey bratty! Congrats on the loss!! Cheating on halloween is a slippery slope for me. We're doing the challenge until halloween, and secretly I did it that way cause I know I'd wanna have a little somethin' somethin'! But, the way I've been lately, one little cheat leads to another, and another and then I've gained 10 lbs. I just don't know if it's worth it psychologically for me. In theory, yes you could have a cheat that night & then hop right back on the next day. However, are you mentally prepared to do that? I don't know if I am
I am in a weird spot with it. If it was just that night I would say no way in heck.
My problem is the next weekend we have a get together for the football game that will involve Pizza and a "in your face" cake that my husband ordered, then the weekend after that is my daughters Bday, Family, party and all. Then thanksgiving..... It just never seems to end.
I do not know what will drive me nuts more, trying to resist everything for the entire month of November or resigning to indulging just on the special days and just watch what I eat for the rest with the understanding that I will not be able to do Stillmans that month. I am really torn. Going in and out of Ketosis that many times a month will be too hard on me.

Courage isn't always a lion's roar. It is sometimes the heart at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow".
Old 10-20-2011, 08:31 PM   #825
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Computers have been a huge part of my life for sooo long. I have no official training but know a lot with experience and what I learn from my brother who is a professional "hacker". Companies hire him to try to break into their firewalls/ security and help develop better systems if he can.

My husband was a Network operations manager for a internet cable company for 15 years, and now does web development. I learn tons from him.

I make 3D jewelry and accessories in a 3D game for spare money. It keeps me busy when I am not doing mommy stuff.
Old 10-20-2011, 08:34 PM   #826
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

You and I are a lot a like in those regards. I love working on stuff, anything! In school I was the freak in wood shop and auto mechanics.
Old 10-20-2011, 08:36 PM   #827
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Those are darling!!! I adore the equestrian look..... hope you get em!!
They are cute! I hope you go them.
Old 10-20-2011, 08:38 PM   #828
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Just finished my ribeye....yummmm Got a couple of steaks at the market yesterday & they are thick! Last night I cooked it whole & pan fried it, but it was just too thick to get it crispy enough the way I like it. I can't eat fatty cuts of meat without the fat being crispy like bacon. I kind of gag if I "chew the fat" when it's not crunchy!! So tonight I butterflied the ribeye & pan fried both sides & it turned out sooooo much better!!! I love crispyness! I'm just not a raw meat kind of girl...but I know some who are & I got nothin' but respect for ya!
I have never tried cooking it till it gets cripsy. The fat is so bleh to me that I trim it off before I cook it. I will have to fry the crap out it some day and try it out.
Old 10-20-2011, 08:41 PM   #829
Major LCF Poster!

I was good today.
I had a bad case of the munchies tonight and jello was just not cutting it but I ignored it and it eventually went away.

I am actually looking forward to getting in the scale tomorrow.

I am sucking on a zicam, hopefully it doesnt have too many carbs or sugar. I was hoping I had dodged the cold bullet in my house, but my throat is starting to hurt so I think I may be getting sick.

EDIT-- I just looked it up. No carbs no sugar. yay

Last edited by BrattyS; 10-20-2011 at 08:42 PM..
Old 10-20-2011, 08:43 PM   #830
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I am in a weird spot with it. If it was just that night I would say no way in heck.
My problem is the next weekend we have a get together for the football game that will involve Pizza and a "in your face" cake that my husband ordered, then the weekend after that is my daughters Bday, Family, party and all. Then thanksgiving..... It just never seems to end.
I do not know what will drive me nuts more, trying to resist everything for the entire month of November or resigning to indulging just on the special days and just watch what I eat for the rest with the understanding that I will not be able to do Stillmans that month. I am really torn. Going in and out of Ketosis that many times a month will be too hard on me.
Ok how bout this....can you have your cheat on the celebration days & then get right back on plan the very next meal? I honestly want to attempt the holidays like this. Eat what I want at the party, but then get right back on the next meal. I don't want to feel deprived, but I also don't want to ride the wave of carb bingeing where one taste sends me into a 10 day binge. In the big picture, from now until New years, there will be about 10-20 get-togethers, right? And about 70 days in all. So roughly 210 meals (if you eat 3x's a day). If 10-20 of those meals are cheats.....you will be FINE!! 10 out of 210!! think about it...it won't hurt at all!! In fact, might even keep you more sane! Just my thinking, and what I'm trying to talk myself up to doing!
Old 10-20-2011, 08:44 PM   #831
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I have never tried cooking it till it gets cripsy. The fat is so bleh to me that I trim it off before I cook it. I will have to fry the crap out it some day and try it out.
Ha ha!! Ya! Fry the crap out of it!! It's divine!!! I'm so full too....not wanting anything else. I love this feeling!
Old 10-20-2011, 08:48 PM   #832
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I was good today.
I had a bad case of the munchies tonight and jello was just not cutting it but I ignored it and it eventually went away.

I am actually looking forward to getting in the scale tomorrow.

I am sucking on a zicam, hopefully it doesnt have too many carbs or sugar. I was hoping I had dodged the cold bullet in my house, but my throat is starting to hurt so I think I may be getting sick.

EDIT-- I just looked it up. No carbs no sugar. yay
Oh nooooooo!!! I hope you don't get sick!! Right when you're getting your mojo back too. Dangit!! I notice I always tend to use something like this as an excuse to eat off plan. I'm not saying you'll do this, cause you're probably stronger than me, but do your best to stay protein only if you actually do get sick!! Next time I get sick & meat sounds gross, or hurts my throat, I'm gonna drink protein shakes!!
Old 10-20-2011, 08:55 PM   #833
Senior LCF Member

Do any of you watch food network? I love it!! Watch it whenever I have a free moment (and if I like the show that's on). There's a new show called Sweet Genius. Have any of you seen it?? It's like Chopped, but dessert style. I don't really like it. The host/judge Ron Israel is so alien & robotic to me....they make it so futuristic & it seems like they try to intimidate the competitors with the intense effects. Just not really appealing to me! I love Chopped, thought i'd like a sweet version of it too.....guess not! My favorite shows on food network are Giada, pioneer woman, paula deen & chopped! Oh & Iron Chef! I learned to cook by watching the food network!!

Last edited by Aloha Linz; 10-20-2011 at 08:56 PM..
Old 10-21-2011, 01:20 AM   #834
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Quote:
Cheating will drive you nuts. Yeah I'm sure the cake will taste good, but think how you will feel at the end of November when you've eaten the crap(cos let's face it there's nothing health giving in pizza and cake, either physically or mentally) and haven't made your weight loss goal for the month. You've got to give QWl a long run, especially if you want that kind of diet to be your woe for life.(personally I think if you think of it as a quick solution then you will definitely gain the weight back) There will always be family gatherings and parties-always. There is never going to be a time when you can lock yourself away with only chicken and tuna-there just isn't-thankfully. Even if you don't make a weight loss goal, it is always better to know that you gave it your all than what if.
Honestly, if you are thinking things like I won't be able to do Stills that month--then personally (and I'm quoting what someone else said) I'm not sure you are 'ready' to lose the weight. I hope this doesn't sound harsh, I really don't mean it to. Believe me I have cheated way to much. But stopping and starting a 'diet' and therefore achieving no loss will never get you anywhere--well a one way ticket to more comfort eating maybe.
Things like I can't do it that week cos I have a lunch engagement are just simply excuses, for whatever reason, maybe you're afraid you won't meet your weight loss goal, I don't know. It's the same thinking behind--I could never eat tuna for breakfast, or it's ok for her, it worked for her but it mightn't for me.
I'm saying this cos I've heard my Mum say this many many times.
You can enjoy family gatherings without eating what's on offer. In fact I can guarantee you will enjoy it more because you will have had all of the pleasure of the gathering and none of the self loathing or guilt that will come from eating something that doesn't make you happy and healthy in the long run.
Eating the food at the gathering doesn't show love to your family but taking care of your health definitely does.
Again I don't mean to sound harsh.

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!(not even chocolate!)
Old 10-21-2011, 01:23 AM   #835
Big Yapper!!!!

[QUOTE=BrattyS;

I make 3D jewelry and accessories in a 3D game for spare money. It keeps me busy when I am not doing mommy stuff.[/QUOTE]

that souns so interesting!!
And I sooo want to get to know your brother--I would love to be able to read my boss's emails! Ha!
Old 10-21-2011, 01:29 AM   #836
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
I don't want to feel deprived, but I !
Ok girls, Gullo has got something for you on that! I'll have to look it up! But when you read it something will click!
I thought like that when I started this--and I've always thought it was my 'success'.
If you keep thinking missing out on foods is the deprivation then you won't achieve weightloss. You have to think positively. The deprivation is actually in eating those foods--you're depriving yourself of the body and health you want.

I'll look up Gullo later and quote it properly.
Old 10-21-2011, 01:33 AM   #837
Big Yapper!!!!

I read a thread title a few days ago---starting out, what about popcorn??
I didn't post in the thread, I didn't even read it, but I wanted to write if you're thinking of cheating or tweaking a plan already then you're never gonna stick with it and lose weight.
Again harsh maybe-----but unfortunately true.
Old 10-21-2011, 01:37 AM   #838
Big Yapper!!!!

Dieting is hard. Yes I want to eat all the chocolate and crepes and pretzels in the world but I can't. And even if by some magic way I would not gain weight with eating them I also wouldn't be healthy.
We've got to lose the childish--I want it all and I want it now attitude, it's not fair, everyone else can have them, why can't I? In every other aspect of life we understand that. We have to apply that to food.
Old 10-21-2011, 04:18 AM   #839
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Morning peeps. feeling better today but still not completely there on the energy front. Need to go food shopping today. Thanks for the ingredients Linz, I will be making the sauce tomorrow, can't wait to try it! I will be taking this challenge up until the 8th of November (can not be on plan that day and probs the morning of the 9th as well as will be having a small surgery) and on the 9th by tea time I will be back on. Really gonna need you guys then coz I really don't want to go off on one. Halloween is not really a problem for me because I don't have a sweet tooth at all... will def have a big glass of red though. Just a thought but for those of you that feel you want that something sweet during Halloween...why not bake or buy something low carb...like chocolate cheese cake or a low carb choc bar...might stall you but at least you won't gain and have to go through the first few days of Stills again, like I said just a thought.
Old 10-21-2011, 04:31 AM   #840
Big Yapper!!!!

Ooh I'm all alone on the board!!
Just done Plyo Cardio--OMG!! Boy was it tough. It felt much harder than the first time and much harder than yesterday. I think maybe doing he Pure Cardio twice abd the Ab one may have been too much. My energy at the beginning today was really down, I even thought of just giving up-and that doesn't happen often-I'm waaay too stubborn!!!
It did get better in the middle though--that seems to be the way with me, I always seem to get more energy the longer the workout goes on!
Still found the jump in out with your legs while in a plank very hard--I really didn't do many. SeanT keeps saying get the power from your abs--so I'm reckoning why I can't do those(I find it hard to actually jump the 2 feet off the ground) is because my abs aren't strong enough, which is really strange because my waist is definitely my smallest part (23.5in--i always have to get holes punched in belts!)and I have got good enough ab definition(well no six pack!, but the lines down the sides and middle and little pack!ha!) Guess it's just my natural shape that gave me those--the way people have skinny legs-but that actually my abs aren't that good at all.
Ok I'm going to the shower!! If I can actually drag myself there!! I had planned to do Pure Cardio as well--but I think that may be foolish. I think I could prob do it now(i love it!) but I think it might catch up with me!......that's my excuse anyway!!
Closed Thread