Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2011, 12:30 AM   #751
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
Makeme does not like that much either.
Did you ever watch Big Brother?! Yeah for a few years I was totally hooked!! There was one called Makosi,she was one who said she had done it in the hot tub and so needed a pregnancy test ( yes peeps this is my level of TV watching! Ha!) Anyway, she always referred to herself in the third person--drove me potty!!

Sponsored Links
Old 10-20-2011, 12:31 AM   #752
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Damn oven did not switch on... have to wait a bit longer for my chop.
Bummer.
Old 10-20-2011, 12:33 AM   #753
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Ooh just watched an infomercial (iknow,i gotta get a life!!) for Kettleworx---a workout with kettleballs. I heard Jenn. Aniston used to work with kettleballs. Anyone kniw it? Tried it? I reckon it would bulk arms though!
No but did use them at boot camp...not for me though, I have back probs and they just aggravate the problem.
Old 10-20-2011, 12:36 AM   #754
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Did you ever watch Big Brother?! Yeah for a few years I was totally hooked!! There was one called Makosi,she was one who said she had done it in the hot tub and so needed a pregnancy test ( yes peeps this is my level of TV watching! Ha!) Anyway, she always referred to herself in the third person--drove me potty!!
Oh I know her and Anthony, lol. She was always going on about Cherry Coke.
Old 10-20-2011, 12:38 AM   #755
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Then I think it was found out she was an illegal citizen or something like that. Saw her on TV not that long ago, she has changed an awful lot and adopted a posh English accent.
Old 10-20-2011, 12:40 AM   #756
Major LCF Poster!

Actually it was Cherry Tango...think she thought she was going to get an ad out of it.
Old 10-20-2011, 12:51 AM   #757
Major LCF Poster!

The William Banting Diet...the first ever published low carb diet.
William Banting's Letter on Corpulence::Low Carbohydrate Diet Plans Comparison, Reviews & Analysis
Old 10-20-2011, 12:56 AM   #758
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Oh yeah!!!

And do you remember Adele?? Think she could have been in the series with Jade. She used to only eat chicken and brown rice--all day, every day!!! She was a real cow! She and someone -forget his name--used to go to bed early and really bee about the other contestants! And he used to always say--i mean x is peeing in the shower, it's disgusting!!
I loooooved it! Prob was they'd go to bed waaay tooo late!!....sooooo i used to tape it!!( yes i was that sad!) It was the first year we got E4--and the live coverage was soooo much better--apart from when it'd get to a good bit--and aaagh the train or bird noises would be played!!
I remember watching a tiny bit of BB1- with Craig and OMG Anna Nolan--the lesbian irish ex-nun ( no ya couldn't make it up!!)-anyway they were just sitting in the garden talking and I thought how can pple watch this???
Three series later and I was hooked!!! didn't watch the last few-think maybe I finally grew up (a little!)

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!(not even chocolate!)

Last edited by Getting there!!!; 10-20-2011 at 12:57 AM..
Old 10-20-2011, 12:59 AM   #759
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Then I think it was found out she was an illegal citizen or something like that. Saw her on TV not that long ago, she has changed an awful lot and adopted a posh English accent.
Oh yeah I remember that!! She always thought she was posh--didn't she say she was an African princess or something!!!
And she was a nurse!! Wouldn't want her looking after me!!!
Old 10-20-2011, 01:00 AM   #760
Big Yapper!!!!

OMG--do you remember Craig???? Was in the one with Anthony and Makosi and he wouldn't stop crying!! And he so had the hots for Anthony!!
Old 10-20-2011, 01:00 AM   #761
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Actually it was Cherry Tango...think she thought she was going to get an ad out of it.
Old 10-20-2011, 01:07 AM   #762
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
The William Banting Diet...the first ever published low carb diet.
William Banting's Letter on Corpulence::Low Carbohydrate Diet Plans Comparison, Reviews & Analysis
Oh I read that before!! I thought I had saved it and I was gonna post the link a while ago but couldn't find it. It easn't on that site, i don't think! But it is a fantastic piece of research. And it shows to anyone who thinks that lc is a new fad--that is so isn't.
It's one of the things that has really made lc click completely with me.
Is that the one that also talks about what really is the 'fat gene' as in some pple can eat more carbs and their bodies just compensate by burning more off, but on some it just leads to excess weight gain?
The other thing that cemented lc for me was a kind of x=y thing I read. Something like--carbs raise insulin, raised insulin makes you fat, sooo carbs make you fat! Simple!!
Old 10-20-2011, 01:08 AM   #763
Big Yapper!!!!

Ok I'm gonna go and workout!! If I don't do it now I won't! I've to teach all afternoon and then I've a meeting. And the later it gets in the day, the lazier I get! Ha! BBL!
Old 10-20-2011, 01:26 AM   #764
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Oh yeah!!!

And do you remember Adele?? Think she could have been in the series with Jade. She used to only eat chicken and brown rice--all day, every day!!! She was a real cow! She and someone -forget his name--used to go to bed early and really bee about the other contestants! And he used to always say--i mean x is peeing in the shower, it's disgusting!!
I loooooved it! Prob was they'd go to bed waaay tooo late!!....sooooo i used to tape it!!( yes i was that sad!) It was the first year we got E4--and the live coverage was soooo much better--apart from when it'd get to a good bit--and aaagh the train or bird noises would be played!!
I remember watching a tiny bit of BB1- with Craig and OMG Anna Nolan--the lesbian irish ex-nun ( no ya couldn't make it up!!)-anyway they were just sitting in the garden talking and I thought how can pple watch this???
Three series later and I was hooked!!! didn't watch the last few-think maybe I finally grew up (a little!)
Yes I do remember Adele now you mention her... can't remember the guy... Alex? Remember Mel (1st episode) she was a right annoying cow and then the bunny boiler Michelle, who got up to no good with Stuart. My lot are watching it now and I am slowly getting sucked in despite finding most of them really annoying.
Old 10-20-2011, 01:31 AM   #765
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Oh I read that before!! I thought I had saved it and I was gonna post the link a while ago but couldn't find it. It easn't on that site, i don't think! But it is a fantastic piece of research. And it shows to anyone who thinks that lc is a new fad--that is so isn't.
It's one of the things that has really made lc click completely with me.
Is that the one that also talks about what really is the 'fat gene' as in some pple can eat more carbs and their bodies just compensate by burning more off, but on some it just leads to excess weight gain?
The other thing that cemented lc for me was a kind of x=y thing I read. Something like--carbs raise insulin, raised insulin makes you fat, sooo carbs make you fat! Simple!!
Reading it now...
Letter On Corpulence by William Banting -
Interesting and find him amusing... he sure liked a drink!
Old 10-20-2011, 01:34 AM   #766
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Ok I'm gonna go and workout!! If I don't do it now I won't! I've to teach all afternoon and then I've a meeting. And the later it gets in the day, the lazier I get! Ha! BBL!
Enjoy your workout.
Old 10-20-2011, 03:37 AM   #767
Big Yapper!!!!

I'm back!!! Did Pure Cardio and Cardio abs!! Loved, loved, loved it!!! Boy is it tough-the warmup is like the cardio parts of other DVDs!!!
I surprised myself with how much I could do!! That sounds up myself maybe--but it still sometimes amazes me how much I actually have changed. 3 yrs ago nearly to the day I was huffing going up a hill.
I found the frog jumps really tough and the push ups whete you move your feet out and in. I gave up a few times with those. And my frog jumps were slow!
Oh and I was breathing like I was giving birth-out, out, out! Ha!!!
With Cardio Abs again it's the jumps I find hard--I can contract my abs doing any kind of ab work--but I know I'm not jumping from the abs-I'm not getting the same 'contracted feeling' I get on the floor.
The floor work of Cardio Abs is very Pilates/Bar Method/Callan based--which is good--they really give the best shape. I think crunches really don't--well there's more danger you won't actually work your abs, just put pressure on your neck, or if you don't breath or contract properly then you'll actually get a pot belly! I do a lot of those ab exercises already, so I hope Insanity will give me good results--as in abwise it won't be a shock for my body! That's why I have to improve those jumps!!

But again I adore Insanity!! That is definitely the type of workout I like--hard and intense!! I'm telling girls, working out is definitely better than any Prozac!!!
Old 10-20-2011, 03:46 AM   #768
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Yes I do remember Adele now you mention her... can't remember the guy... Alex? Remember Mel (1st episode) she was a right annoying cow and then the bunny boiler Michelle, who got up to no good with Stuart. My lot are watching it now and I am slowly getting sucked in despite finding most of them really annoying.
Oh Alex--that's him!! Apparently he was a model!! Don't remember Mel-didn't watch the first one really. Oh and Michelle!!!!!! Oh remember her!!! Oh she was 'doing it' with someone in there and then she got put in a flat in BB where she could watch the house on a tv--and the face of her!!! Wasn't she asked to lave BB cos of threatening behaviour???
Ok I gotta stop!!! That's exactely it though, the contestants are always annoyong--but you just get sucked right in!!!!
The last one I watched was the one with the former contestants in it--that was good cos I remembered most of them!!!
I don't think we actually get Channel5. And I def don't get it hete(Germany) through Slingbox.
Old 10-20-2011, 03:48 AM   #769
Big Yapper!!!!

Eugh just seen Paris Hilton on tv--she's so thin!! Jealous,moi??!! Oh and I think she might have fallen into a bucket of Botox--seriously could her forehead be any shinier!!!
Old 10-20-2011, 03:50 AM   #770
Big Yapper!!!!

Oh George Clooney-yuuuuuuuummmmm!!!
Old 10-20-2011, 03:55 AM   #771
Big Yapper!!!!

Oh love Sean T when he goes--as a personal trainer I ask myself why I do theese things---cos I wanna look gooooood!!! True Sean T, true!!!
Old 10-20-2011, 04:34 AM   #772
Big Yapper!!!!

Oh my good God in Heaven. Watching a report about Beauty Pagents for 2 yr olds!!! Sick, sick, sick. A prize for the most beautiful? For the most photogenic? I think it is so unbelievably wrong. A child (child? She was barely out of nappies)/diapers) was wearing a madonna costume with pointy boobs.
I do thank the Lord that that is one part of American culture we haven't adopted. (sorry if that's harsh)
The body and self esteem issues I have without pagents?? These children are doomed.
Old 10-20-2011, 05:14 AM   #773
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Quote:
Oh my good God in Heaven. Watching a report about Beauty Pagents for 2 yr olds!!! Sick, sick, sick. A prize for the most beautiful? For the most photogenic? I think it is so unbelievably wrong. A child (child? She was barely out of nappies)/diapers) was wearing a madonna costume with pointy boobs.
I do thank the Lord that that is one part of American culture we haven't adopted. (sorry if that's harsh)
The body and self esteem issues I have without pagents?? These children are doomed.
Right there with ya! The mothers of these tots say their girls love the pageants, but mostly it is for the moms. On several occasions it has been suggested to my daughter that her oldest (just turned 4) should do pageants. It isn't going to happen!
Old 10-20-2011, 05:22 AM   #774
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Well, today is judgment day. I weighed. It is both good news and bad news - I'm 1 pound above posted weight, but 3 pounds above what I was about to post. I was going to change my stats when my computer stopped working and I got lost in carb land. I've been on plan since Saturday and those pounds plus more will go away.

One of the many things I love about low carb is that when I'm on plan I can feel such a difference in my body. I feel thinner. It is weird because I'm so overweight!

And now I must finish getting dressed and get to work.
Old 10-20-2011, 06:03 AM   #775
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 235/227/155 5'7"
WOE: Stillman QWL
Start Date: September 2 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
One of the many things I love about low carb is that when I'm on plan I can feel such a difference in my body. I feel thinner. It is weird because I'm so overweight!

I know what you mean. For me I think it is the lack of stomach bloat that makes me feel thinner. Despite being over 200 pounds, I feel much better on plan.
Old 10-20-2011, 06:20 AM   #776
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 235/227/155 5'7"
WOE: Stillman QWL
Start Date: September 2 2014
Starting day 2. Besides the headache and the insane mood swings, I feel great!
My hormones are all over the board right now. Paybacks for skipping a month I guess. It is times like this that I wish they would have took my ovaries too.

I did lose almost 4 pounds of bloat so I can not complain too much.

Is anyone here dreading Halloween? My house will be run over with candy. It is going to be so hard not to eat any of the candy bars. Anyone just planning on eating it?
Our tradition has been to sit in the driveway surrounded by all my husbands decorations, handing out candy, and eating as much as we want.
Fat me says just eat some and get back on plan the next morning. Wannabe skinny me that is going through induction flu says NO NO NO. It is some traditions that helped me to be fat. I want to have the strength to say no, that is the plan anyway.

Courage isn't always a lion's roar. It is sometimes the heart at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow".
Old 10-20-2011, 06:48 AM   #777
Big Yapper!!!!

I did Pure Cardio again!!!! I pushed through!! Ha!!
The things I found hard the first time were the sane things I found hard the second time-frog jumps. I basically gave up on the suicide jumps-I just kept stopping. I was never good at those--jumping your two feet in while in a press up position--even on another DVD where they called them burpees!! My feet don't seem to want to jump together!!! Did more jack press uos--but they are a killer abd right at the end too!! Again I'll have to wirk on form. I don't think I get my chest close enough to the ground-again I've been noticing that on other DVDs.
But other than that I did it!! To use ST's style, GT does not like giving up!!! Boy did I have to push through those mountain climbers!!
I notice too that although sometimes I breath so hard it's nearly hard to drink the water-ya know drink in time to your breathing!!!, my breathing slows very quickly after. As in goes right back to normal very quickly. I think i read once that's a sign of being fit--that your heartrate is dropping back quickly--I hope I'm right!! I really should get a monitor--but I've read quite bad reviews-that they're not actually that reliable.
Oh and doing those football sprint things-well there is just waaaay too much jiggle!!!!!
Love when ST goes-I'm so tired I can't remember the names of my moves!! I know how he feels, I could barely remenber my name!!!!
I sometimes close my eyes when I do some of that cardio!!
Old 10-20-2011, 06:49 AM   #778
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Right there with ya! The mothers of these tots say their girls love the pageants, but mostly it is for the moms. On several occasions it has been suggested to my daughter that her oldest (just turned 4) should do pageants. It isn't going to happen!
No, it's just so wrong.
The parents want it for themselves and are living through their children.
Old 10-20-2011, 06:50 AM   #779
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Well, today is judgment day. I weighed. It is both good news and bad news - I'm 1 pound above posted weight, but 3 pounds above what I was about to post. I was going to change my stats when my computer stopped working and I got lost in carb land. I've been on plan since Saturday and those pounds plus more will go away.

Yay on the loss!! And yes, yes, yes, I hear ya on the feeling thin!! I feel so much thinner than last week--but eh I know I'm not!!
Old 10-20-2011, 06:53 AM   #780
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrattyS View Post
Starting day 2. Besides the headache and the insane mood swings, I feel great!
My hormones are all over the board right now. Paybacks for skipping a month I guess. It is times like this that I wish they would have took my ovaries too.

I did lose almost 4 pounds of bloat so I can not complain too much.

Is anyone here dreading Halloween? My house will be run over with candy. It is going to be so hard not to eat any of the candy bars. Anyone just planning on eating it?
Our tradition has been to sit in the driveway surrounded by all my husbands decorations, handing out candy, and eating as much as we want.
Fat me says just eat some and get back on plan the next morning. Wannabe skinny me that is going through induction flu says NO NO NO. It is some traditions that helped me to be fat. I want to have the strength to say no, that is the plan anyway.
Yay on the loss!!
And yeah totally! It's just one carby orgy from now til NewYears!!! I see goodies everywher!! Be strong!!
Closed Thread