Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2011, 08:59 AM   #691
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Getting there!!!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Ireland
Posts: 8,184
Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Good luck with power and resistance!! Sweat buckets!!
Getting there!!! is offline  

Sponsored Links
Old 10-19-2011, 09:26 AM   #692
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Getting there!!!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Ireland
Posts: 8,184
Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Aha! Ireland is thinking of introducing a sugar tax!!! On sweets etc abd processed food!! Interesting! Was watching a clip on the TV. Apparently we now have 120,000 morbidly obese people. (we have a population of just under 5mill).
They mentioned again how the diet industry makes their 80bill a year on the yo-yo effect---and said that after 5 years less than 10% of pple who lose weight have kept it off.
I have promised myself I will not be in the 90%.
Getting there!!! is offline  
Old 10-19-2011, 09:26 AM   #693
Major LCF Poster!
 
makemeslim's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: London, England
Posts: 1,641
Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloha Linz View Post
Ughh....I know what you mean! Day 3 is today for me, and I'm just hoping to be done with the "induction flu" sooner rather than later!! Only good thing is I haven't had headaches this time around. hang in there!!
Thanks Linz, you too. Let's hope tomorrow is better. Luckily I did not have much to do today...really need some energy tomorrow.
makemeslim is offline  
Old 10-19-2011, 09:28 AM   #694
Major LCF Poster!
 
makemeslim's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: London, England
Posts: 1,641
Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloha Linz View Post
not at all! That's what we're here for! Where else can you go & talk about all this?? I love being able to share things with you gals here. No one else knows I ever used ephedrine! It was freeing to admit that!
Here, here! It's so nice knowing you will not be judged.
.
makemeslim is offline  
Old 10-19-2011, 09:31 AM   #695
Major LCF Poster!
 
makemeslim's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: London, England
Posts: 1,641
Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloha Linz View Post
Day 3 today...Woke up weighing 163! I started at 168 2 days ago. Yay! And I had ribeye (and a glass of wine) last night....yummmm! I think it also helps that I'm sweating buckets during insanity workouts! My goal is to be in the 150's by the weekend. 3 more days to do it! Really tired today...didn't sleep well last night either. Geesh, must be a full moon, we're all not sleeping well!! Cardio power & resistance for insanity today. Be back later.....busy day today! xoxoxo
That is great Linz, well done. I really need to jump on the scale...been doing the avoidance thing I think.
makemeslim is offline  
Old 10-19-2011, 09:34 AM   #696
Major LCF Poster!
 
makemeslim's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: London, England
Posts: 1,641
Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Why I drink so much tea!!
I'm not tea or coffee drinker... don't mind Earl Grey though, might start drinking that but then could not drink it black. "Normal" tea makes me gag for some reason.
makemeslim is offline  
Old 10-19-2011, 09:35 AM   #697
Major LCF Poster!
 
makemeslim's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: London, England
Posts: 1,641
Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
I know! I'd never admit that I googled Clenbuterol!!! And wished I had married a vet!! Ha!!!
makemeslim is offline  
Old 10-19-2011, 09:45 AM   #698
Major LCF Poster!
 
makemeslim's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: London, England
Posts: 1,641
Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
(((((CALLING CC AND Al)))))
makemeslim is offline  
Old 10-19-2011, 09:53 AM   #699
Major LCF Poster!
 
makemeslim's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: London, England
Posts: 1,641
Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Don't get me wrong--I like the 2 and the 4s too. I just know that I personally could have the measurements for a zero. Honestly it's not really about the size-as I said we don't even have a zero. It's that I want to be 'boney' thin as opposed to 'ripped and muscley' thin. But as I said either way I want the fat gone!!
Most DVDs focus a lot on your legs abd thighs, I think. Isn't that what all the lunges etc are for? I know I can build quad muscle--I did a lot of bike riding during Stills--like 3hrs a day-yeah I was a bit crazy--so I have quads--my thigh goes out at the front-I don't like it!!!! Also I have a round muscle above and to the inner side of my knee--don't know what it is-another part of the quad? And I don't like it either!!
But I've always said that for me at the time building more muscle than I'd like was the lesser of two evils--I'd take it over being flabby anyday!!
As I mentioned in a past post I have been well below a size zero before and I know that is not the size for me. I think at my height (5ft 11) between a UK 8 and 10... thing is, when you are older (I am 41) I think being really slim can make you look older, so I need to be careful. I do look young for my age (sometimes get asked for ID LOOL) but when the fat is gone it maybe that I just sag,eek! Thing is, one persons size zero is another persons size ten. I guess when I get down to a low enough weight I will try and get over the size thing (coz I swear they are constantly changing anyway) and work out what size I will be by how my clothes look...or how saggy my face is, lol.

Last edited by makemeslim; 10-19-2011 at 10:00 AM..
makemeslim is offline  
Old 10-19-2011, 09:55 AM   #700
Major LCF Poster!
 
makemeslim's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: London, England
Posts: 1,641
Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Aha! Ireland is thinking of introducing a sugar tax!!! On sweets etc abd processed food!! Interesting! Was watching a clip on the TV. Apparently we now have 120,000 morbidly obese people. (we have a population of just under 5mill).
They mentioned again how the diet industry makes their 80bill a year on the yo-yo effect---and said that after 5 years less than 10% of pple who lose weight have kept it off.
I have promised myself I will not be in the 90%.
Just makes it more precious if you ask me.

Last edited by makemeslim; 10-19-2011 at 10:00 AM..
makemeslim is offline  
Old 10-19-2011, 10:33 AM   #701
Major LCF Poster!
 
makemeslim's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: London, England
Posts: 1,641
Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Oh guys, please help me out...I was reading through the old posts of this thread yesterday and one of you mentioned a sauce you had in a restaurant that was served with steak...it sounded delish..looked back today and can't find the post???
makemeslim is offline  
Old 10-19-2011, 10:36 AM   #702
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Getting there!!!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Ireland
Posts: 8,184
Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
As I mentioned in a past post I have been well below a size zero before and I know that is not the size for me. I think at my height (5ft 11) between a UK 8 and 10... thing is, when you are older (I am 41) I think being really slim can make you look older, so I need to be careful. I do look young for my age (sometimes get asked for ID LOOL) but when the fat is gone it maybe that I just sag,eek! Thing is, one persons size zero is another persons size ten. I guess when I get down to a low enough weight I will try and get over the size thing (coz I swear they are constantly changing anyway) and work out what size I will be by how my clothes look...or how saggy my face is, lol.
Yeah I hear you! I think my face is definitely way too thin-even now. I do wonder if it has aged me. It's actually painfully thin in fotos now.
I know I'm obsessed with the sizes. I know I should just shut up!!! But I think it really is that I think I'm not really a 6 at all. Like the 6s are really 10s. I remember when I was in school if you were a 10 you were thin, if you wore a 12 you had a good figure--and if you were an 8???? Well there weren't really many places you could shop!!!
I remember nothing would fit me!! And then Principles brought in a 6---and everyone went ape and said how dare they put pressure on women!!
It's like sizing is crazy. I mean 6s in Next are waaay too big.tried on a jumper last week in a 6 in Topshop and it was baggy-and it wasn't a baggy style. I wanted it in a different colour anyway. I see in the petite section of they do a 4. The jumper was sold out in a yellow both in store and online. But now I see it in the petite range. I've bought stuff before in Dotty P's. Obviously I wasn't looking for the 4, I probably would have gotten the 8-----but it says the length of the jumper was 39cms???? That would barely cover my bust!!
Oh and I see Miss Selfridge does a 4 in a few things. I get depressed looking at those tiny jeans!!!
I really hate myself that it's so important to have the size zero measurements. I know I'm a healthy weight etc. Dunno why I need it--I just know I do!!!
__________________

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!(not even chocolate!)
Getting there!!! is offline  
Old 10-19-2011, 10:39 AM   #703
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Getting there!!!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Ireland
Posts: 8,184
Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloha Linz View Post
Hey girls! Day 2 under my belt. I ended up going to an argentinian restaurant for dinner & ordered the ribeye. Tried to eat half, but was still genuinely hungry so ate the whole 12 oz! It was to die for! What made it simply breathtaking was the chimichurri sauce. Has anyone ever had chimichurri?? It's basically a sauce made from garlic, parsley, oregano, salt, pepper, a few other spices, oil & vinegar. This place we went to makes the best chimichurri I've ever had!! I want to learn to make it on my own!
This????
Getting there!!! is offline  
Old 10-19-2011, 10:47 AM   #704
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Getting there!!!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Ireland
Posts: 8,184
Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
OMG Makeme--have ye got talking and singing bins in London????!!! Just watching the german news and it was on! Oh too funny!!

Last edited by Getting there!!!; 10-19-2011 at 11:12 AM..
Getting there!!! is offline  
Old 10-19-2011, 11:00 AM   #705
Major LCF Poster!
 
makemeslim's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: London, England
Posts: 1,641
Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Yeah I hear you! I think my face is definitely way too thin-even now. I do wonder if it has aged me. It's actually painfully thin in fotos now.
I know I'm obsessed with the sizes. I know I should just shut up!!! But I think it really is that I think I'm not really a 6 at all. Like the 6s are really 10s. I remember when I was in school if you were a 10 you were thin, if you wore a 12 you had a good figure--and if you were an 8???? Well there weren't really many places you could shop!!!
I remember nothing would fit me!! And then Principles brought in a 6---and everyone went ape and said how dare they put pressure on women!!
It's like sizing is crazy. I mean 6s in Next are waaay too big.tried on a jumper last week in a 6 in Topshop and it was baggy-and it wasn't a baggy style. I wanted it in a different colour anyway. I see in the petite section of they do a 4. The jumper was sold out in a yellow both in store and online. But now I see it in the petite range. I've bought stuff before in Dotty P's. Obviously I wasn't looking for the 4, I probably would have gotten the 8-----but it says the length of the jumper was 39cms???? That would barely cover my bust!!
Oh and I see Miss Selfridge does a 4 in a few things. I get depressed looking at those tiny !!!

I really hate myself that it's so important to have the size zero measurements. I know I'm a healthy weight etc. Dunno why I need it--I just know I do!!!
I know about Miss Selfridge! When I was last there I could not get over the small sizes but I seriously think they are aimed at teenagers. When I was skinny I had to have "everything" taken in...could not find anything to fit me anywhere! The sizes now are deffo bigger than they used to be...probs to make us feel better about being larger, lol. If you want to be a zero girl, you go for it! Rather be there than here!
makemeslim is offline  
Old 10-19-2011, 11:02 AM   #706
Major LCF Poster!
 
makemeslim's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: London, England
Posts: 1,641
Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
This????
Love you GT! Yes! Why could I not find it?
makemeslim is offline  
Old 10-19-2011, 11:05 AM   #707
Major LCF Poster!
 
makemeslim's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: London, England
Posts: 1,641
Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
http://chimichurri sauce

Last edited by makemeslim; 10-19-2011 at 11:07 AM..
makemeslim is offline  
Old 10-19-2011, 11:08 AM   #708
Major LCF Poster!
 
BrattyS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Tennesee
Posts: 1,024
Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 235/227/155 5'7"
WOE: Stillman QWL
Start Date: September 2 2014
You guys are doing awesome and have been chatty!

I had a rough few days. I did not eat real bad but it was definitely not Stills. Today I woke up feeling ready to jump back on. I have my chicken cooked up and a bowl of SF jello in the fridge if I feel like I need anything.

Today is day one for me.
BrattyS is offline  
Old 10-19-2011, 11:09 AM   #709
Major LCF Poster!
 
makemeslim's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: London, England
Posts: 1,641
Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
That was supposed to lead you to the Google recipe???
makemeslim is offline  
Old 10-19-2011, 11:10 AM   #710
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Getting there!!!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Ireland
Posts: 8,184
Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
Sounds definitely like something I'd like!
Getting there!!! is offline  
Old 10-19-2011, 11:12 AM   #711
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Getting there!!!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Ireland
Posts: 8,184
Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
That was supposed to lead you to the Google recipe???
I know! Said Safari can't open page!
Getting there!!! is offline  
Old 10-19-2011, 11:13 AM   #712
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Getting there!!!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Ireland
Posts: 8,184
Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrattyS View Post
You guys are doing awesome and have been chatty!

I had a rough few days. I did not eat real bad but it was definitely not Stills. Today I woke up feeling ready to jump back on. I have my chicken cooked up and a bowl of SF jello in the fridge if I feel like I need anything.

Today is day one for me.
Jump right back on!
Getting there!!! is offline  
Old 10-19-2011, 11:15 AM   #713
Major LCF Poster!
 
makemeslim's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: London, England
Posts: 1,641
Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
OMG Makeme--have ye got talking and singing binsin London????!!! Just watching the german news and it was on! Oh too funny!!
Just googled it too funny!
As well as the bins saying "thank you" when someone dumps in their rubbish, they can also sing opera and Abba, give a round of applause and sometimes even burp. The talking and singing bins are being released as part of an anti-litter campaign. Celebrities including Amanda Holden, Phil Tufnell and Michael Palin have volunteered their voices for the project and will soon be recording their own personal messages. Additional messages will be added to suit different locations, with Liverpool getting a Beatles bin, while Covent Garden's bin is operatic. In Sweden a talking bin collected three times more rubbish than a normal one nearby. With more than 30 million tons of litter dropped on Britain's streets each year it is hoped these bins could have the same success here ( Toluna, People, Opinions and Polls).
makemeslim is offline  
Old 10-19-2011, 11:18 AM   #714
Major LCF Poster!
 
makemeslim's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: London, England
Posts: 1,641
Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
Just googled it too funny!
As well as the bins saying "thank you" when someone dumps in their rubbish, they can also sing opera and Abba, give a round of applause and sometimes even burp. The talking and singing bins are being released as part of an anti-litter campaign. Celebrities including Amanda Holden, Phil Tufnell and Michael Palin have volunteered their voices for the project and will soon be recording their own personal messages. Additional messages will be added to suit different locations, with Liverpool getting a Beatles bin, while Covent Garden's bin is operatic. In Sweden a talking bin collected three times more rubbish than a normal one nearby. With more than 30 million tons of litter dropped on Britain's streets each year it is hoped these bins could have the same success here ( Toluna, People, Opinions and Polls).
This would be my song
makemeslim is offline  
Old 10-19-2011, 11:28 AM   #715
Major LCF Poster!
 
makemeslim's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: London, England
Posts: 1,641
Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrattyS View Post
You guys are doing awesome and have been chatty!

I had a rough few days. I did not eat real bad but it was definitely not Stills. Today I woke up feeling ready to jump back on. I have my chicken cooked up and a bowl of SF jello in the fridge if I feel like I need anything.

Today is day one for me.
The positive energy you have today is great! Jump back on!
makemeslim is offline  
Old 10-19-2011, 11:32 AM   #716
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Getting there!!!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Ireland
Posts: 8,184
Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
that video is too funny!!!!
Getting there!!! is offline  
Old 10-19-2011, 11:34 AM   #717
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Getting there!!!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Ireland
Posts: 8,184
Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Sitting on my couch--remote one side of me!!!
Getting there!!! is offline  
Old 10-19-2011, 11:53 AM   #718
Major LCF Poster!
 
makemeslim's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: London, England
Posts: 1,641
Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
that video is too funny!!!!
I know...I did boot camp a couple of years back and they used to play during weigh in.
makemeslim is offline  
Old 10-19-2011, 11:54 AM   #719
Major LCF Poster!
 
makemeslim's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: London, England
Posts: 1,641
Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Sitting on my couch--remote one side of me!!!
makemeslim is offline  
Old 10-19-2011, 12:27 PM   #720
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
CCGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 3,906
Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
hi y'all.......just a drive by.........trying to catch up TTYL.......
CCGirl is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:46 AM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.