Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2011, 02:06 PM   #661
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Aloha Linz
Stats: 168/161/130 - 5'8"
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 9/5/2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
You're so gonna regret ever saying we'd do Insanity 'together'!!!!

Interesting about the neck!!! Yeah the chin!! It's in the front-exactely where you'd have a 'turkey neck' if you know what I mean!! Where a man's Adams apple is! I didn't do any ab exercises!!!!!

Ok my back is sore halfway between my bra strap and bottom!!--only on the left!
Never!! You can't get rid of me that fast!! ha ha! I'm so happy we're doing this together!!

Regarding your neck, I think you're putting too much pressure there...like tucking your chin to your neck too much. Tuck your chin to your neck...does that hurt? If you do that for too long or under stress it'll make it sore....just guessing, i hope it feels better though!!

Regarding your back - my friend's back was sore too. I think it's from the globe jumps, basketball jumps, power jumps, etc. Any movement where you're bending down a lot like that can stress the back. You really have to make sure to keep your eyes up so the weight stays on your heels when you squat. Don't let your back get "round", keep it arched as you squat down. does that make sense? And it's only on the left cause you may have a dominant stronger side. Really focus on evenly distributing your weight as you do each movement. I would really suggest to go slow(er) this first week to really naildown the form....then once you've got it good you can speed up. I don't want you to be in pain! Try a warm bath maybe? And ice the next few days if it's still hurting. I'm sorry it's hurting!!

I really don't wanna come across as a "know-it-all"...cause I'm not. I don't know everything about the body, but if I have experience with it I'd love to offer advice to help if I get annoying just slap me & tell me to shut up!

Sponsored Links
Old 10-18-2011, 02:11 PM   #662
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I'm not sure I'm pushing it as much as I could-probably then!! After a break I could do it again!
I don't really think I've knocked a rib out-it's not that bad pain! More soreness and stiffness!!
Yup I keep my head and eyes to the floor when I do push ups. I laso don't think my body is straight enough. I don't think my chest goes near enough the floor. So I guess then I do put pressure on my back.
Oh I found the tricep dips easy--obviously I have hidden strength in them!!!!

Interestingly I was gonna make an appointment with a personal trainer at home before Insanity to -no1 get my fat percentage checked but no.2 to get them to go through exercises to check my form. Because I do think I'd get more benefit from them by doing them correctly!! I also wanted to see how much fat I lost doing Insanity. But then I couldn't exercise for a couple of weeks. And then I ate badly and felt like a blob!!!!
I don't think your back pain is from the pushups....but it certainly could be! Just keep an eye on what your body is telling you & try to pinpoint when your back "talks" to you! For me, it's squats & bending over type exercises.

Nice going on the dips!! Those are tough, you go superwoman!!

I wish I had millions of dollars....cause if I did, I would fly there or fly you here & I'd give you a crash course on form. How fun would that be flying all over the world visiting lcf friends!
Old 10-18-2011, 02:13 PM   #663
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Why do you burn more the next month? Is it just because the workouts are harder or cos your body burns cals better?
Yep you're right on both! 1. the workouts are longer by about 15-20 minutes. 2. They're more intense and 3. cause your body should have more lean muscle to burn more fat.
Old 10-18-2011, 02:22 PM   #664
Senior LCF Member

Did day 2 of insanity and I felt like a total weakling!! I probably sweated about 5lbs off though. I swear, it's an absolute drip-fest! When I do low carb my legs tend to feel like dead weight a little & I definitely felt that way today. Hoping that goes away in a few days. I can just feel the extra weight I have as I do all of the exercises though. When it came time to do push ups, I could barely do 1 full push up. Dropped to my knees immediately. Really feeling those 30extra lbs.....ugh. Jumping with 30 extra lbs....holding it up for mountain climbers, ski abs & in/out abs....double ugh! I just couldn't keep up. I did the best I could & I'll just keep trying to improve!

so far eats for the day have been:
3 eggs w/ about 5-6 oz of lean ground beef
8-10 oz lean ground beef

Water - about 40 oz so far. aiming for at least 80 more! I can do it!! Love to all you girls....

Please check in! It's day 2 of the challenge....how's it going for everyone else?? I need you & I know you need us!! xoxoxo
Old 10-18-2011, 04:59 PM   #665
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
What a lovely day I've had! My exercise was being outside with my grandaughters. I've a nice park close by where we like to go play and walk the fitness trail. I'm on plan and right now am enjoying a cup of tea. I managed to get my grocery shopping done today too! I do a big shop once a month and add the odd bits I need as needed!

It is getting to be soup weather so I've been on the lookout for low carb soup recipes. Any favorites?
Old 10-18-2011, 09:54 PM   #666
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
What a lovely day I've had! My exercise was being outside with my grandaughters. I've a nice park close by where we like to go play and walk the fitness trail. I'm on plan and right now am enjoying a cup of tea. I managed to get my grocery shopping done today too! I do a big shop once a month and add the odd bits I need as needed!

It is getting to be soup weather so I've been on the lookout for low carb soup recipes. Any favorites?
Hiya Mim! Sounds like a wonderful day!! I love that feeling of accomplishment & being on plan I wish I had some wonderful soup recipes, but I really can't think of any off the top of my head. I have a lean ground beef chili recipe from when I did South Beach diet and it was from "phase 1", but has beans in it....which you could totally omit. If you're interested let me know & I'll dig it up!
Old 10-18-2011, 10:06 PM   #667
Senior LCF Member

Hey girls! Day 2 under my belt. I ended up going to an argentinian restaurant for dinner & ordered the ribeye. Tried to eat half, but was still genuinely hungry so ate the whole 12 oz! It was to die for! What made it simply breathtaking was the chimichurri sauce. Has anyone ever had chimichurri?? It's basically a sauce made from garlic, parsley, oregano, salt, pepper, a few other spices, oil & vinegar. This place we went to makes the best chimichurri I've ever had!! I want to learn to make it on my own! It's funny cause my ex introduced me to this place, and although I don't like much about what he brought to my life, I am grateful for him introducing this argentinian restaurant! He is not in the state anymore so I don't worry about running into him there either!! Thank gawd for that!!!

My stomach feels crampy, like TOM crampy now though....not even close to TOM, so wonder if it's from the high fat meal? Anyhoo....hope all y'all are doing well!! Talk to ya tomorrow!! xoxoxo Linz
Old 10-18-2011, 11:23 PM   #668
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Quote:

I make a chili prawn soup which is just chili, king prawns, lemongrass, garlic, low sodium stock and some fresh coriander.
Old 10-19-2011, 04:59 AM   #669
Major LCF Poster!

Got this horrible feeling of being peckish but nothing seems to satisfy me. I played with the idea of eating something off plan (I would not have) just to see if I was craving something carby and I really don't fancy anything. I feel like I want something but don't know what...had some tuna and still feel the same, ugh. This is not hoe ketosis normally presents itself, going to check my Ketostix, see where I'm at.

Last edited by makemeslim; 10-19-2011 at 05:03 AM..
Old 10-19-2011, 05:04 AM   #670
Major LCF Poster!

Also quite sluggish today...the joys of day 2 I guess.
Old 10-19-2011, 05:18 AM   #671
Major LCF Poster!

Showing trace on the sticks...should be really pretty pink by tomorrow.
Old 10-19-2011, 05:19 AM   #672
Major LCF Poster!

Forgot to add, I am peeing loads...good sign!
Old 10-19-2011, 05:43 AM   #673
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Aloha - if you can easily find the recipe I would love it!

MMS- I'm going to try your prawn soup. Lemongrass is hard to find here, but I think I know where I get some.
Old 10-19-2011, 05:46 AM   #674
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

I did not sleep well last night - a sure sign I'm in ketosis! Trouble sleeping passes, but for the first few days I have a very disrupted sleep pattern. The good news is that I also have renewed energy!

MMS - try a hot drink to cure your peckishness. It often works for me!
Old 10-19-2011, 05:57 AM   #675
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Hey Linsey!! No keep the advice coming! I love it!! I think it will be you who'll be telling me to shut up with all the questions!!!!!
Still sore-but in a good way! Well an 'old lady stiff kind of way'! Ha! Yup my left side is my dominant side!!
Did the Cardio Recovery today--eh it so wasn't cardio!! Even though I was really warm doing it and my cheeks were very pink!! The lunges were thee worst thing ever!! I was digging deep but the torture!! I kept giving up!( i really really hate giving up). I didn't find the push up plank things too bad--don't get me wrong I was saying expletives!! But I did every one!! I liked it was slow though because you really get to see the form.
Oh and the balancing at the end??? Well let's just say I won't be joining the circus anytime soon!!!
Good luck with Plyo today!! If I get a chance(I'm swamped at work for the afternoon) I'm gonna do it again. To see if I can do it better-form wise, especially the jumps--to make sure they're coming from the abs!!

Oh I have a question! ....and yes the others will def say shut up--they've heard so much of this before!!! But you don't think I'll bulk up on Insanity? Do you? I can't stress enough how I don't want to be muscular. And I think I can build it easily enough. I'm not tall enough to be able to carry that well. It's not a look I like--well built abs, I adore!!! But the rest, in clothes, just looks 'big'. If you get me. I really want to burn the fat off. And yeah I know that metabolically having muscle is far better but I'd forgo being able to eat lots (ha!) in order to be thinner. When you've to loose a lot of weight then weight training definitely is good-no question. But I think anyway, the leaner you actually get, the more muscle you build, the 'bigger' you actually get. Remember I want to be a size zero, not a 4 who looks like a body builder naked!!
I know my butt has actually got bigger from working out--higher and rounder yes, but it's still bigger than if it was flat as a pancake. ( in skirts flat looks better). And if I clench it-it sticks out even more!! Also I've never had big calve muscles--big fat calve yup!! But not now. Again I don't like the 'irish dancer legs'. Yeah they're probably the better legs...but everyone says I have(i know this sounds weird cos I really don't understand how it can be) young looking legs, they look like teenagers. Honestly I don't see it! Or at least I don't know why--but I think it's probably to do with not having pronounced calf muscles. And I don't really want to develop any! But I know my calves are killing me now-well slight exaggeration!!
I know I spend way too much time thinking about it-and I'm just freaking out!!! I'm not really gonna give up Insanity. It's just that now I'm really at a point where I really want to be able to get the exact shape I want. I though being relatively slim and a healthy weight would be ok. But now I see the potential--that if I do the right exercise I can get the body I want. I think that again the leaner you get(and I'm not that lean yet, unfortunately) the more important it is to chose your exercise wisely. I've been extremely lucky with the weight-loss, as in I've lost it 'well'-- barely any lose skin and have really changed my 'shape'. I'm still getting used to my shoulders being wider than my hips!! It's strange!!
Oh and all my fat is at my back--no kidding!! I can actually pinch more back fat than stomach!! My but is majorly squishy, even on my thighs, it's the back that has the extra fat---so if Insanity trims me down from the back view--then I will be happy!!

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!(not even chocolate!)
Old 10-19-2011, 05:58 AM   #676
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
Got this horrible feeling of being peckish but nothing seems to satisfy me. I played with the idea of eating something off plan (I would not have) just to see if I was craving something carby and I really don't fancy anything. I feel like I want something but don't know what...had some tuna and still feel the same, ugh. This is not hoe ketosis normally presents itself, going to check my Ketostix, see where I'm at.
Oh I know that feeling!!!
Old 10-19-2011, 06:03 AM   #677
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
I did not sleep well last night - a sure sign I'm in ketosis! Trouble sleeping passes, but for the first few days I have a very disrupted sleep pattern. The good news is that I also have renewed energy!

I don't sleep well at all!! Strangely when I started this woe I had great sleep--woke up refreshed every morning. Now it's awful. I hardly ever close an eye before 3:30 or 4--my mind just races even though I'm so unbelievably tired. I've tried everything. Even Melatonin--nothing--I even took 10grams one night( even though I think the mist you should take is 10).
Last night I didn't sleep a wink-nothing--I was still awake at 5:45 and then I just got up cos I had to teach at 8 anyway. It kills me!!!
And I look so tired. In my teens and early 20s I could party all night and still look refreshed, now in my late20s---not so much!! It def catches up!
Old 10-19-2011, 06:04 AM   #678
Big Yapper!!!!

Oooh my post was one long ramble!!!! Seriously I do spend way too much time thinking about these things!!
Old 10-19-2011, 06:04 AM   #679
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Forgot to add, I am peeing loads...good sign!
Old 10-19-2011, 06:41 AM   #680
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

Will give it ago, thanks.
Old 10-19-2011, 07:55 AM   #681
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Aloha - if you can easily find the recipe I would love it!

MMS- I'm going to try your prawn soup. Lemongrass is hard to find here, but I think I know where I get some.
Hiya mim! Here's the beef & bean chili recipe I got from the South Beach Diet cook book. You can omit whatever you want!

Beef & Bean Chili
1 tbsp EVOO
1 lb lean ground beef
2 ½ tsps chili powder – divided
1 tsp cumin
1 small onion thinly sliced
2 garlic cloves
1 28oz can diced tomatoes
1 15 oz can black beans – rinsed & drained
1 15 oz can kidney beans – rinsed & drained

Heat oil in a large heavy bottomed saucepan over med-high heat. Add beef, 1 tsp chili powder & cumin. Sauté til brown for 5 min. Transfer to plate with paper towels to absorb grease.

Add onion, garlic & remaining chili powder to same saucepan; cook over med heat, stirring occasionally for 3 min. Add tomatoes with juice & beans – cover & simmer 10 minutes stirring occasionally.

Uncover, add cooked beef & cook an additional 5 min until liquid thickens slightly. Season to taste with Salt & Pepper.

Enjoy!
Old 10-19-2011, 07:56 AM   #682
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I make a chili prawn soup which is just chili, king prawns, lemongrass, garlic, low sodium stock and some fresh coriander.
That sounds really good!! Gonna have to try that, thanks!!
Old 10-19-2011, 07:57 AM   #683
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Also quite sluggish today...the joys of day 2 I guess.
Ughh....I know what you mean! Day 3 is today for me, and I'm just hoping to be done with the "induction flu" sooner rather than later!! Only good thing is I haven't had headaches this time around. hang in there!!
Old 10-19-2011, 08:07 AM   #684
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Hey Linsey!! No keep the advice coming! I love it!! I think it will be you who'll be telling me to shut up with all the questions!!!!!
Still sore-but in a good way! Well an 'old lady stiff kind of way'! Ha! Yup my left side is my dominant side!!
Did the Cardio Recovery today--eh it so wasn't cardio!! Even though I was really warm doing it and my cheeks were very pink!! The lunges were thee worst thing ever!! I was digging deep but the torture!! I kept giving up!( i really really hate giving up). I didn't find the push up plank things too bad--don't get me wrong I was saying expletives!! But I did every one!! I liked it was slow though because you really get to see the form.
Oh and the balancing at the end??? Well let's just say I won't be joining the circus anytime soon!!!
Good luck with Plyo today!! If I get a chance(I'm swamped at work for the afternoon) I'm gonna do it again. To see if I can do it better-form wise, especially the jumps--to make sure they're coming from the abs!!

Oh I have a question! ....and yes the others will def say shut up--they've heard so much of this before!!! But you don't think I'll bulk up on Insanity? Do you? I can't stress enough how I don't want to be muscular. And I think I can build it easily enough. I'm not tall enough to be able to carry that well. It's not a look I like--well built abs, I adore!!! But the rest, in clothes, just looks 'big'. If you get me. I really want to burn the fat off. And yeah I know that metabolically having muscle is far better but I'd forgo being able to eat lots (ha!) in order to be thinner. When you've to loose a lot of weight then weight training definitely is good-no question. But I think anyway, the leaner you actually get, the more muscle you build, the 'bigger' you actually get. Remember I want to be a size zero, not a 4 who looks like a body builder naked!!
I know my butt has actually got bigger from working out--higher and rounder yes, but it's still bigger than if it was flat as a pancake. ( in skirts flat looks better). And if I clench it-it sticks out even more!! Also I've never had big calve muscles--big fat calve yup!! But not now. Again I don't like the 'irish dancer legs'. Yeah they're probably the better legs...but everyone says I have(i know this sounds weird cos I really don't understand how it can be) young looking legs, they look like teenagers. Honestly I don't see it! Or at least I don't know why--but I think it's probably to do with not having pronounced calf muscles. And I don't really want to develop any! But I know my calves are killing me now-well slight exaggeration!!
I know I spend way too much time thinking about it-and I'm just freaking out!!! I'm not really gonna give up Insanity. It's just that now I'm really at a point where I really want to be able to get the exact shape I want. I though being relatively slim and a healthy weight would be ok. But now I see the potential--that if I do the right exercise I can get the body I want. I think that again the leaner you get(and I'm not that lean yet, unfortunately) the more important it is to chose your exercise wisely. I've been extremely lucky with the weight-loss, as in I've lost it 'well'-- barely any lose skin and have really changed my 'shape'. I'm still getting used to my shoulders being wider than my hips!! It's strange!!
Oh and all my fat is at my back--no kidding!! I can actually pinch more back fat than stomach!! My but is majorly squishy, even on my thighs, it's the back that has the extra fat---so if Insanity trims me down from the back view--then I will be happy!!
Today I have the power & resistance workout! I always find this one to be really hard! Can't remember all that it entails, but I always remember sweating even more during this one. You're gonna love the pure cardio workout!

I definitely don't think you'll bulk up on insanity. for one, it's all bodyweight, so it's physically impossible to bulk up on bodyweight alone. You'll kind of go to your set point, if you know what I mean. Diet has a lot to do with the results you'll get too...and you're not eating enough to bulk up....which is GOOD! I happen to like the lean size 2 or 4 look, but you want a zero, so if you start seeing more muscle than you want in a particular area, just stop doing those particular exercises for a week or 2 & it should go down. Genetically we're all different in how & where we develop more muscle, so just pay attention to how you're responding to the workouts weekly, and just go from there! I think you'll see really great results & be happy with it! I'm so happy for you and how far you've come. sounds like you've seen really awesome results so far....i'd love to see before & after insanity pics!!!
Old 10-19-2011, 08:09 AM   #685
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Oooh my post was one long ramble!!!! Seriously I do spend way too much time thinking about these things!!
not at all! That's what we're here for! Where else can you go & talk about all this?? I love being able to share things with you gals here. No one else knows I ever used ephedrine! It was freeing to admit that!
Old 10-19-2011, 08:14 AM   #686
Senior LCF Member

Day 3 today...Woke up weighing 163! I started at 168 2 days ago. Yay! And I had ribeye (and a glass of wine) last night....yummmm! I think it also helps that I'm sweating buckets during insanity workouts! My goal is to be in the 150's by the weekend. 3 more days to do it! Really tired today...didn't sleep well last night either. Geesh, must be a full moon, we're all not sleeping well!! Cardio power & resistance for insanity today. Be back later.....busy day today! xoxoxo
Old 10-19-2011, 08:46 AM   #687
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Will give it ago, thanks.
Why I drink so much tea!!
Old 10-19-2011, 08:47 AM   #688
Big Yapper!!!!

Eh drinking a cup now!! Abd eating a big hunk of cucumber!
Old 10-19-2011, 08:51 AM   #689
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloha Linz View Post
not at all! That's what we're here for! Where else can you go & talk about all this?? I love being able to share things with you gals here. No one else knows I ever used ephedrine! It was freeing to admit that!
I know! I'd never admit that I googled Clenbuterol!!! And wished I had married a vet!! Ha!!!
Old 10-19-2011, 08:58 AM   #690
Big Yapper!!!!

Don't get me wrong--I like the 2 and the 4s too. I just know that I personally could have the measurements for a zero. Honestly it's not really about the size-as I said we don't even have a zero. It's that I want to be 'boney' thin as opposed to 'ripped and muscley' thin. But as I said either way I want the fat gone!!
Most DVDs focus a lot on your legs abd thighs, I think. Isn't that what all the lunges etc are for? I know I can build quad muscle--I did a lot of bike riding during Stills--like 3hrs a day-yeah I was a bit crazy--so I have quads--my thigh goes out at the front-I don't like it!!!! Also I have a round muscle above and to the inner side of my knee--don't know what it is-another part of the quad? And I don't like it either!!
But I've always said that for me at the time building more muscle than I'd like was the lesser of two evils--I'd take it over being flabby anyday!!
Closed Thread