Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2011, 07:49 AM   #631
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
hmmmmm should I order now............ ,! Well let's face it Coke addicts are always thin!!!
Yeah look at Mossey!

Sponsored Links
Old 10-18-2011, 07:51 AM   #632
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I looked at Red Bull too--but it has loads of cals and sugar!!
No, the sugar free type (I have occasionally) has none.
Old 10-18-2011, 07:53 AM   #633
Major LCF Poster!

BBL
Old 10-18-2011, 08:33 AM   #634
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Think I could do this one... might see if DD wants to join me later. Will run it through the TV.
Old 10-18-2011, 08:38 AM   #635
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Aloha Linz
Stats: 168/161/130 - 5'8"
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 9/5/2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrb76 View Post
My oldest turned 15 today!!!!!!!!!!! I had to purchase, cut, serve, and wash up a birthday cake and I didn't even lick the frosting! I ate my disgusting salmon and eggs while every body else ate cake and ice cream. It wasn't even that hard to resist - I think this diet kills taste buds or something.
Congrats Mrb!! That is a HUGE accomplishment, I know. So proud of you!!! I look at carbs as a drug addiction. I am perfectly fine, with no appetite, without em. One bite, one lick, one taste, sends me over the edge & I'm fiending! For me, I can't go there! So I really recognize how hard it is to say no & what would've happen if you said yes.
Old 10-18-2011, 08:40 AM   #636
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
I'm in...planned cheat (DD's birthday) went on a little longer than planned.. Will be allowing a lil low fat cheese though coz it works for me and I lurve cheese. I won't be touching booze and I'll do my Pilates vid three times a week. I really need to build up some strength plus, I have a bad back so Pilates is the way forward for me me thinks. I'll catch up with you guys doing the Insanity challenge a little later.
YAY!!!! I'm so glad you're in!! Customize it to fit your needs my dear....let's just stay on plan til halloween!! This will be a first for me to stay on my plan for so long. We need to do this....together!! Pilates is wonderful!
Old 10-18-2011, 08:42 AM   #637
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
No matter what happens over the next two weeks...I am not going to talk myself out of this challenge... even if my house falls down...come to think of it, that would keep me out of the kitchen.
I like that attitude!! I'm with ya girl. Hoping your house stays in tact though!
Old 10-18-2011, 08:43 AM   #638
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Breakfast for me was two boiled eggs and two bacon rashers, all fat removed, I know, I know about the sodium but a couple of slices seems not to hurt my losses. Now for the water... why do I find the water part such a chore, glug glug.
What's a rasher? Don't worry about it....I lose on bacon too. Just sweat it out! Get that water in girl!! Especially if you're eating the salt. do you flavor your water?
Old 10-18-2011, 08:46 AM   #639
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Minw will def be Paleo--at least a version! I thought you could have berries on it! Well I will and a little dairy-yoghurt. I'm not that into cheese.i'm never going back to processed rubbish! It will be lean and clean! Ha!! I don't do AS. Interestingly even though unfortunately I have a sweet tooth I find diet drinks way to sugary! I won't be giving up tea though!
Hiya GT! You can definitely have berries on paleo!! I was just saying how much I miss them & can't wait til I CAN do paleo! I'm gonna have to ease into the dairy...if I do it. I get nasaly & sinusey if I have too much dairy. Will have to monitor that! AS is so bad....why do I love it so? I'm trying to cut back.........
Old 10-18-2011, 08:48 AM   #640
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Congrats!!! And yay on resisting temptation! Gawd I could eat frosting by the bowl! Seriously! I don't like cake at all--but frosting-or icing as we call it--yuuuuum!! Yeah after a while on QWl you just lose all taste for stuff!! One of the best things about it!!
Omg I'm the same!! Leave the cake, gimme the frosting!!!! Then I eat so much I feel sick.....
Old 10-18-2011, 08:51 AM   #641
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Oh I'm sore all over from Insanity!! Well my back is!! Ouch!!! And eh the front of my neck--I'm reckoning that's no good!! Must have been straining hard doing those push ups!!
Hmmmm.....Where is your back sore? I'm doing plyo cardio circuit today so I'll see what the culprit might be for you. And the front of your neck...like under your chin? That's usually from doing abs & not having enough neck strength. If it's the back of your neck, that's probably from the push ups. Oh I wish I could be there to watch your form. I'm gonna explain it the best I can. Don't hurt yourself dear one!!
Old 10-18-2011, 08:51 AM   #642
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloha Linz View Post
What's a rasher? Don't worry about it....I lose on bacon too. Just sweat it out! Get that water in girl!! Especially if you're eating the salt. do you flavor your water?
A rasher is just a thin slice. No I don't flavour the water but I do drink SF lemonade which kinda saves me. Need to order some Davinci syrup.

Last edited by makemeslim; 10-18-2011 at 08:53 AM..
Old 10-18-2011, 08:53 AM   #643
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
Good morning! I am feeling quite well this morning! This is day 4 for me and I'm feeling good! I felt so horrible while off plan that any discomfort getting back on plan was off set by knowing how good I would feel.

I would describe my plan as low carb paleo. I eat fairly high fat because it helps with the ms. But I'm almost zero carb - as close as I can get. I gave up diet pop months ago and use almost no as. I have an occasional davinci splash in my tea, but not often. I have always had my coffee black. I have also been trying to buy organic when I can. I don't have easy access to grass fed beef here - I'm still looking, but I can get chicken and bison and soon deer! I don't do dairy because it sets off digestive problems. After much trial and error I discovered that cottage cheese, which I love, was the culprit. I just cut out all dairy though and have not had any more issues!

I felt so good this morning that while my coffee was making I did some tidying up! I have plans to do someheavy cleaning in the next few days. My spare bedroom is full of things I moved in but never unpacked. Time to get totally settled! And on that note, I'll be off - time to get ready to go to the office.
That is wonderful to hear mim!! Sounds like you're cutting out the right culprits! Dairy affects me badly too....digestion & sinuses. I'm just better without it!

What does deer taste like? I love bison!!
Old 10-18-2011, 09:02 AM   #644
Major LCF Poster!

Had chicken for lunch...tonight will be chili king prawns.
Old 10-18-2011, 09:07 AM   #645
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Just did Power Cardio and Resistance!! Kill me, kill me now!!!!! I did sweat--little beads all over my shoulders starting to run down my arms!! And the floor is all little finger marks where I was putting my hands down!! those power jumps are the worst!

You know when he keeps saying--engage the abs? Is that just basically pulling them in? Keeping then tight the whole time? I know the jumps are meant to be coming from the abs and I know mine aren't.

Also my back is sore-if I move it. Actually even when I breathe heavily!! It feels tight. Is that cos I'm doing the push ups so badly? oMG the running while in a push up? It's awful!!!

I adore Insanity though! I am truly hooked!!! I just hope it's enough cardio though-it still feels quite short.

Drinking tea and eating a bowl of (yummy!ha!) tuna!!
Dang I wish we were on the same schedule....I'm a day behind you cause I just did the fit test only yesterday. today (day 2), is plyo circuit for me. But I'll keep a close eye on the moves & why you might be in pain. Where in your back are you sore? If it hurts to breathe, it sounds like it's your upper/mid back? You might have a rib out of place. I know it sounds crazy, but that happens sometimes with strenuous exercise & you need to have it popped back into place to allow oxygen to circulate properly. Often times it goes back on it's own. Do you have a foam roller? Try rolling over that if you have one.

Are you dropping your neck down when you do push ups? Make sure you keep your neck neutral (eyes straight ahead of you)....you can strain your neck & upper back (rhomboid) if you droop your neck during push ups....so common for people to do! Stay as stiff as a board!! You can also drop to your knees to do modified push ups, until you get strong enough. I have to drop to my knees after awhile! Here's a little video of how to do it just in case. (sorry if you already know this!!!)

Ya, engaging your abs is basically keeping them tight. Imagine sucking your belly button into your back...really at all times!

Insanity should be enough cardio....especially because of the intensity. If you're truly pushing it to your max, you shouldn't be able to go much longer than the workout. I've read that people burn anywhere from 600-1000 calories per workout! 600 on the lower end in month 1, and 1000 on the higher end in month 2! That is with a max heart rate too!!

So glad you're loving it!! I just want you to have good pain (soreness), not bad pain (injury)!!
Old 10-18-2011, 09:08 AM   #646
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
A rasher is just a thin slice. No I don't flavour the water but I do drink SF lemonade which kinda saves me. Need to order some Davinci syrup.
Got it! I hadn't heard the term rasher before! Flavors really save me in getting my water in!!
Old 10-18-2011, 09:13 AM   #647
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Ok confession time!! I bought a load of those Aspire drinks during the Summer!! Got Xtralean tabs too!! I know, i know-stupid!! The drinks tase vile-well sweet and sugary! I used to drink one for breakie and then worked out! I don't think I noticed a difference at all. Oh at the beginning I did have a feeling of dread which I found out later is your heart racing! I didn't work out better and if anything the caffeine gave me a dip a few hours after taking it. I read that caffeine spikes insulin for some people. I read the reviews for Xtralean and stuff like it and apparently people were dropping loads of weight-I didn't!!!! If they did anything then it was that I kept my weight or more measurements constant even though what I was eating wasn't that great. That could have been the working out though and the fact my cals were always low. (not in the last 2weeks though)
I still have th Xtra lean tabblets left. I personally don't want to go down the diet pill road. I think I was just having a moment of madness. I don't agree with them, I 'd be afraid of getting kind of hooked. At best they're a waste of money (or work like a placebo effect) and at worst they could be really damaging long term. I want to be thin more than anything, believe me--but that just wouldn't be worth it.
I did diet pills too! Really messed up my adrenal glands! Shrunk them to the size of raisins. Not sure if they're totally repaired yet, but have been taking adrenal gland supplements in order to get em back to health! also, no caffeine. Ugh.
Old 10-18-2011, 09:17 AM   #648
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Too true but I know I will try at least one Aspire drink. I did the same and ordered ephedrine online (a couple of years ago now). Arrived in a little drugs bag but the website was a kosher weight training site, so I took some with a stack (coffee and something else, think it was Ibuprofen) as advised on the site... the result...heart palpitations...how stupid was I! I have at times felt desperate about my weight and tried silly pills and potions but that was probably the dumbest thing I ever did.
I did the ECA stack too....ephedrine, caffeine, aspirin. It made me feel kinda sick! I had tried others before that I liked better....I think I was kinda hooked on the pills for a while. Then I couldn't drop weight anymore & realized I had burned out my adrenal glands from the abuse! bye bye diet pills. hello long road to recovery!
Old 10-18-2011, 09:26 AM   #649
Senior LCF Member

Hiya girls!! I've had some lean ground beef & 3 eggs this morning. So want to NOT eat until later, but I woke up hungry today. I figured I should eat something or I might not have the strength & energy to get through insanity day 2!! Doing it in about an hour with a friend. I feel it in my abs today...probably from those low plank obliques. Butt is a little sore too....and I only did the fit test yesterday! yikes!! GT I'll keep ya posted once I'm done with the plyo circuit....after I peel myself off the floor!

Weight is down from 168 to 165 today.

Have a great day girls!! Talk to you soon!! xoxoxo
Old 10-18-2011, 09:52 AM   #650
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Quote:
Too true but I know I will try at least one Aspire drink. I did the same and ordered ephedrine online (a couple of years ago now). Arrived in a little drugs bag but the website was a kosher weight training site, so I took some with a stack (coffee and something else, think it was Ibuprofen) as advised on the site... the result...heart palpitations...how stupid was I! I have at times felt desperate about my weight and tried silly pills and potions but that was probably the dumbest thing I ever did.
Oh God-I looked at ephedrine too!! I read about bodybuilders and I think an ECA or something stack. This was in the Summer. I read ephedrine was banned in the EU. I was disappointed!!!! I also read that it was in anti-hystamine(sp?) medicine in the US--but again not here.
I even wondered about Clenbuterol a few years ago before I started Stills.
And in my teenage years I took laxatives.
Old 10-18-2011, 09:54 AM   #651
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Yeah look at Mossey!
Exactely who I was thinking of!!
Old 10-18-2011, 09:55 AM   #652
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Think I could do this one... might see if DD wants to join me later. Will run it through the TV.
Yeah it's good! Puff puff puff!!!
Old 10-18-2011, 09:56 AM   #653
Big Yapper!!!!

You can get it all on YT in sections. I got the DVD though!
Old 10-18-2011, 09:57 AM   #654
Big Yapper!!!!

I am sooooo cold!! Aaagh am I in for another Winter of freeeezing??!!!
Old 10-18-2011, 10:00 AM   #655
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
What's a rasher? :
sliced bacon that you fry or grill!
Old 10-18-2011, 10:08 AM   #656
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Hiya GT! You can definitely have berries on paleo!! I was just saying how much I miss them & can't wait til I CAN do paleo! I'm gonna have to ease into the dairy...if I do it. I get nasaly & sinusey if I have too much dairy. Will have to monitor that! AS is so bad....why do I love it so? I'm trying to cut back.........
I think dairy stalls me. I started eating it way to late to be able to tell it really---but I think it does. That will be ok for maintenance though!.....could also stall me cos i loooooooove yoghurt and cottage cheese and so when I buy it I eat way to much!!
Old 10-18-2011, 10:14 AM   #657
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Hmmmm.....Where is your back sore? I'm doing plyo cardio circuit today so I'll see what the culprit might be for you. And the front of your neck...like under your chin? That's usually from doing abs & not having enough neck strength. If it's the back of your neck, that's probably from the push ups. Oh I wish I could be there to watch your form. I'm gonna explain it the best I can. Don't hurt yourself dear one!!
You're so gonna regret ever saying we'd do Insanity 'together'!!!!

Interesting about the neck!!! Yeah the chin!! It's in the front-exactely where you'd have a 'turkey neck' if you know what I mean!! Where a man's Adams apple is! I didn't do any ab exercises!!!!!

Ok my back is sore halfway between my bra strap and bottom!!--only on the left!
Old 10-18-2011, 10:24 AM   #658
Big Yapper!!!!

I'm not sure I'm pushing it as much as I could-probably then!! After a break I could do it again!
I don't really think I've knocked a rib out-it's not that bad pain! More soreness and stiffness!!
Yup I keep my head and eyes to the floor when I do push ups. I laso don't think my body is straight enough. I don't think my chest goes near enough the floor. So I guess then I do put pressure on my back.
Oh I found the tricep dips easy--obviously I have hidden strength in them!!!!

Interestingly I was gonna make an appointment with a personal trainer at home before Insanity to -no1 get my fat percentage checked but no.2 to get them to go through exercises to check my form. Because I do think I'd get more benefit from them by doing them correctly!! I also wanted to see how much fat I lost doing Insanity. But then I couldn't exercise for a couple of weeks. And then I ate badly and felt like a blob!!!!

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!(not even chocolate!)
Old 10-18-2011, 10:28 AM   #659
Big Yapper!!!!

Why do you burn more the next month? Is it just because the workouts are harder or cos your body burns cals better?
Old 10-18-2011, 10:30 AM   #660
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Hiya girls!! I've had some lean ground beef & 3 eggs this morning. So want to NOT eat until later, but I woke up hungry today. I figured I should eat something or I might not have the strength & energy to get through insanity day 2!! Doing it in about an hour with a friend. I feel it in my abs today...probably from those low plank obliques. Butt is a little sore too....and I only did the fit test yesterday! yikes!! GT I'll keep ya posted once I'm done with the plyo circuit....after I peel myself off the floor!

Weight is down from 168 to 165 today.

Have a great day girls!! Talk to you soon!! xoxoxo
Yay on the weight dropping!!! Good luck for Insanity!
Closed Thread