Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2011, 04:08 AM   #601
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Oh I'm sore all over from Insanity!! Well my back is!! Ouch!!! And eh the front of my neck--I'm reckoning that's no good!! Must have been straining hard doing those push ups!!

Sponsored Links
Old 10-18-2011, 05:53 AM   #602
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Good morning! I am feeling quite well this morning! This is day 4 for me and I'm feeling good! I felt so horrible while off plan that any discomfort getting back on plan was off set by knowing how good I would feel.

I would describe my plan as low carb paleo. I eat fairly high fat because it helps with the ms. But I'm almost zero carb - as close as I can get. I gave up diet pop months ago and use almost no as. I have an occasional davinci splash in my tea, but not often. I have always had my coffee black. I have also been trying to buy organic when I can. I don't have easy access to grass fed beef here - I'm still looking, but I can get chicken and bison and soon deer! I don't do dairy because it sets off digestive problems. After much trial and error I discovered that cottage cheese, which I love, was the culprit. I just cut out all dairy though and have not had any more issues!

I felt so good this morning that while my coffee was making I did some tidying up! I have plans to do someheavy cleaning in the next few days. My spare bedroom is full of things I moved in but never unpacked. Time to get totally settled! And on that note, I'll be off - time to get ready to go to the office.
Old 10-18-2011, 06:19 AM   #603
Big Yapper!!!!

Oh good luck with the spare bedroom!! Hmmm we have one of those!!!!
Old 10-18-2011, 06:28 AM   #604
Big Yapper!!!!

Just did Power Cardio and Resistance!! Kill me, kill me now!!!!! I did sweat--little beads all over my shoulders starting to run down my arms!! And the floor is all little finger marks where I was putting my hands down!! those power jumps are the worst!

You know when he keeps saying--engage the abs? Is that just basically pulling them in? Keeping then tight the whole time? I know the jumps are meant to be coming from the abs and I know mine aren't.

Also my back is sore-if I move it. Actually even when I breathe heavily!! It feels tight. Is that cos I'm doing the push ups so badly? oMG the running while in a push up? It's awful!!!

I adore Insanity though! I am truly hooked!!! I just hope it's enough cardio though-it still feels quite short.

Drinking tea and eating a bowl of (yummy!ha!) tuna!!

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!(not even chocolate!)
Old 10-18-2011, 06:33 AM   #605
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
What is wrong with ye people????? nooooooooo they're much thinner!!! Did ye not see their skinny arms and legs!! And their stomachs are almost concave!! And they have no butts!!!
Yesssss! I wish I was as fat as u GT!
Old 10-18-2011, 06:36 AM   #606
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Hmmm why do cheats always last longer than planned!!!! What's your video?? I used to do Mari Winsor but haven't dusted it off in well over a year!
Pilates for Dummies.
Old 10-18-2011, 06:42 AM   #607
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
We have no idea, happy and healthy one day and gone the next. Perhaps it's better this way, we have had some that faded away slowly and that was much worse.........thanks for the hugs XOXOXOXO
Sorry to hear about you cat CC.
Old 10-18-2011, 06:46 AM   #608
Major LCF Poster!

Gonna go get myself some high strength evening primrose oil caps...going to start taking them and Cod Liver oil religiously.
Old 10-18-2011, 06:50 AM   #609
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
Pilates for Dummies.
Old 10-18-2011, 06:52 AM   #610
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Gonna go get myself some high strength evening primrose oil caps...going to start taking them and Cod Liver oil religiously.
I stocked up on Fish oil and L-Carnitine(apparently it helps with fat metabolism!) in Holland&Barretts one cent sale!!
Old 10-18-2011, 07:01 AM   #611
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I stocked up on Fish oil and L-Carnitine(apparently it helps with fat metabolism!) in Holland&Barretts one cent sale!!
I was just looking at the H&B website...EP is on special at the mo...wonder if that is in store too? Will give them a call. I've got some L something or other in the cupboard, will have a look, see which one. I just took an Imedeen pill...had them for ages (still in date though) but never get past two days taking them. I must take my vits!
Old 10-18-2011, 07:04 AM   #612
Major LCF Poster!

H&B product of the month...

Cho Yung Tea | Slimming | Holland & Barrett
£39.99! Can it be that good??
Old 10-18-2011, 07:27 AM   #613
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
H&B product of the month...

Cho Yung Tea | Slimming | Holland & Barrett
£39.99! Can it be that good??
Oh that is everywhere at home!!! that and a fat burning drink called Aspire!! Oh and tablets-think they're called Capsiplex or sthg-again caffeine.

It's been really funny during the Summer. A really really posh (read b**y!) beauty salon and laser clinic called Therapie opened up-well they've been there for a while. But they started advertising the Cho Yung Tea--and huge prices--literally H&B is about 5 doors down, and they had that tea in their sale. Therapy then got the Aspire drink-did huge advertising in the local papers. Again it was in H&B's sale--and kept being sold out!! Then they got the Caspiplex (or whatever!) tabs--and yup cheaper and sold out H&B!! They were so doing H&B's advertising!!!
They also had a tooth whitening pen that got rave reviews on TV--again they did loads of advertising! But the pen could be found in another chemist for much less!!
Old 10-18-2011, 07:51 AM   #614
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Oh that is everywhere at home!!! that and a fat burning drink called Aspire!! Oh and tablets-think they're called Capsiplex or sthg-again caffeine.

It's been really funny during the Summer. A really really posh (read b**y!) beauty salon and laser clinic called Therapie opened up-well they've been there for a while. But they started advertising the Cho Yung Tea--and huge prices--literally H&B is about 5 doors down, and they had that tea in their sale. Therapy then got the Aspire drink-did huge advertising in the local papers. Again it was in H&B's sale--and kept being sold out!! Then they got the Caspiplex (or whatever!) tabs--and yup cheaper and sold out H&B!! They were so doing H&B's advertising!!!
They also had a tooth whitening pen that got rave reviews on TV--again they did loads of advertising! But the pen could be found in another chemist for
much less!!
Yes, H&B is good, no thrills...bet the salon was pissed off! Never heard off Aspire...will look it up. Thing is I have to be careful with caffeine, I get really jittery if I have too much. My personal trainer friend once got me these diet caffeine pills...I swear I thought I was on crack cocaine or something...thought I was going to die!
Old 10-18-2011, 07:55 AM   #615
Major LCF Poster!

double post

Last edited by makemeslim; 10-18-2011 at 08:02 AM..
Old 10-18-2011, 07:56 AM   #616
Major LCF Poster!

Holland and Barrett

Sounds too good to be true but worth a try!

Last edited by makemeslim; 10-18-2011 at 07:57 AM..
Old 10-18-2011, 08:01 AM   #617
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Holland and Barrett

Sounds too good to be true but worth a try!
Think it's about 2.7 carbs a can...do you think the fructose would throw you out of ketosis? Might try it when the challenge is up.
Old 10-18-2011, 08:05 AM   #618
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Think it's about 2.7 carbs a can...do you think the fructose would throw you out of ketosis? Might try it when the challenge is up.
Also is that 209 kcals even if I sit on my butt for 180 mins? Wonder how much the average person burns in 180 min anyway... and if you worked out on top wonder how much it could increase.
Old 10-18-2011, 08:09 AM   #619
Major LCF Poster!

Checking out wiki to compare Aspire to Red Bull (caffeine wise) and found this! In 2009 it was discovered that Red Bull Cola exported from Austria contained trace amounts of cocaine. GET ME SOME OF THAT COLA!! only joking girls.
Old 10-18-2011, 08:19 AM   #620
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Checking out wiki to compare Aspire to Red Bull (caffeine wise) and found this! In 2009 it was discovered that Red Bull Cola exported from Austria contained trace amounts of cocaine. GET ME SOME OF THAT COLA!! only joking girls.
Oh no way!!!
Old 10-18-2011, 08:22 AM   #621
Major LCF Poster!

Burning Calories

Kind of new this stuff but a good little reminder...I feel some chili chicken coming on!
Old 10-18-2011, 08:23 AM   #622
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Oh no way!!!
Way!
Old 10-18-2011, 08:28 AM   #623
Big Yapper!!!!

Ok confession time!! I bought a load of those Aspire drinks during the Summer!! Got Xtralean tabs too!! I know, i know-stupid!! The drinks tase vile-well sweet and sugary! I used to drink one for breakie and then worked out! I don't think I noticed a difference at all. Oh at the beginning I did have a feeling of dread which I found out later is your heart racing! I didn't work out better and if anything the caffeine gave me a dip a few hours after taking it. I read that caffeine spikes insulin for some people. I read the reviews for Xtralean and stuff like it and apparently people were dropping loads of weight-I didn't!!!! If they did anything then it was that I kept my weight or more measurements constant even though what I was eating wasn't that great. That could have been the working out though and the fact my cals were always low. (not in the last 2weeks though)
I still have th Xtra lean tabblets left. I personally don't want to go down the diet pill road. I think I was just having a moment of madness. I don't agree with them, I 'd be afraid of getting kind of hooked. At best they're a waste of money (or work like a placebo effect) and at worst they could be really damaging long term. I want to be thin more than anything, believe me--but that just wouldn't be worth it.
Old 10-18-2011, 08:29 AM   #624
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Way!
hmmmmm should I order now............ ,! Well let's face it Coke addicts are always thin!!!
Old 10-18-2011, 08:30 AM   #625
Big Yapper!!!!

I looked at Red Bull too--but it has loads of cals and sugar!!
Old 10-18-2011, 08:31 AM   #626
Big Yapper!!!!

Oh Austria??????????? I read Australia on your post-I'm on my way out so kinda reading quickly!! Well welll, I'm only a train ride away!!!!! (back working in Germany)
Old 10-18-2011, 08:32 AM   #627
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
Good morning! I am feeling quite well this morning! This is day 4 for me and I'm feeling good! I felt so horrible while off plan that any discomfort getting back on plan was off set by knowing how good I would feel.

I would describe my plan as low carb paleo. I eat fairly high fat because it helps with the ms. But I'm almost zero carb - as close as I can get. I gave up diet pop months ago and use almost no as. I have an occasional davinci splash in my tea, but not often. I have always had my coffee black. I have also been trying to buy organic when I can. I don't have easy access to grass fed beef here - I'm still looking, but I can get chicken and bison and soon deer! I don't do dairy because it sets off digestive problems. After much trial and error I discovered that cottage cheese, which I love, was the culprit. I just cut out all dairy though and have not had any more issues!

I felt so good this morning that while my coffee was making I did some tidying up! I have plans to do someheavy cleaning in the next few days. My spare bedroom is full of things I moved in but never unpacked. Time to get totally settled! And on that note, I'll be off - time to get ready to go to the office.
Have a nice day Mim.
Old 10-18-2011, 08:32 AM   #628
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Burning Calories

Kind of new this stuff but a good little reminder...I feel some chili chicken coming on!
Yeah it's chili extract in those other tabs. I read you can get a nasty red rash on your face! That put me off!
Old 10-18-2011, 08:33 AM   #629
Big Yapper!!!!

Ok BBL! I'm soo late!
Old 10-18-2011, 08:47 AM   #630
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Ok confession time!! I bought a load of those Aspire drinks during the Summer!! Got Xtralean tabs too!! I know, i know-stupid!! The drinks tase vile-well sweet and sugary! I used to drink one for breakie and then worked out! I don't think I noticed a difference at all. Oh at the beginning I did have a feeling of dread which I found out later is your heart racing! I didn't work out better and if anything the caffeine gave me a dip a few hours after taking it. I read that caffeine spikes insulin for some people. I read the reviews for Xtralean and stuff like it and apparently people were dropping loads of weight-I didn't!!!! If they did anything then it was that I kept my weight or more measurements constant even though what I was eating wasn't that great. That could have been the working out though and the fact my cals were always low. (not in the last 2weeks though)
I still have th Xtra lean tabblets left. I personally don't want to go down the diet pill road. I think I was just having a moment of madness. I don't agree with them, I 'd be afraid of getting kind of hooked. At best they're a waste of money (or work like a placebo effect) and at worst they could be really damaging long term. I want to be thin more than anything, believe me--but that just wouldn't be worth it.
Too true but I know I will try at least one Aspire drink. I did the same and ordered ephedrine online (a couple of years ago now). Arrived in a little drugs bag but the website was a kosher weight training site, so I took some with a stack (coffee and something else, think it was Ibuprofen) as advised on the site... the result...heart palpitations...how stupid was I! I have at times felt desperate about my weight and tried silly pills and potions but that was probably the dumbest thing I ever did.
Closed Thread