Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2011, 05:37 PM   #571
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
They so have the figures I want--long, lean, perfectly toned, but still very thin!!
OMG GT you must be kidding they are all so much bigger than you, seriously!

Sponsored Links
Old 10-17-2011, 05:46 PM   #572
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by becky123abc View Post
Hey Everyone!

I'm just checking in...I made it through the weekend...I'm in the 150's!! Hip Hip Hooray!

RIght now my main foods are grilled chicken, and coffee.

I know each body is different, but I found out for me, right now...I'm losing nicely with a nice...and I mean nice...splash of HWC in my coffee. It easily holds me over until lunch time and is a great afternoon snack. I might snack on a few pork skins or celery dipped in ranch or blue cheese dressing, but if I'm not terribly hungry, I'll just be happy with the coffee I just drank.

I know many folks say too much cream may stall, so you gotta do what works for you.

I think being in ketosis real good is key for me. That drastically cuts down on cravings. And just knowing it will take 3 days to get back into ketosis...that helps me over ride any cravings that jump on me.

I'm on day two of TOM...and the day or two before I started, the cravings were pretty strong. That's when I got the pork skins...I like crunchy and dipped in a good high fat dressing is very satisfying to me.

This is working for me now...who knows what I'll be eating a few weeks from now???

Last year at this time I was pretty much only steak...and I still love a good steak, but chicken is so much cheaper...so that's my THANG right now!

I'm so tickled to be in the 159's and I hope I can get that number on down the line...

I admire you gals who are working out...I'm so flabby...but I really don't have the energy to move much. I get up at 5 every morning...and the day is long. I know I would benefit from exercising...one day I'll get there...y'all keep on ...it's very inspiring!
hey, you're on plan, one that works for you, it's a blessing, trust me! and YOU get the credit! Go YOU!
Old 10-17-2011, 05:48 PM   #573
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
Aaaarrrrrrrrggggggg! My laptop is down - my weight is not! I have a borrowed laptop so I can check in. I love that everyone is keeping on keeping on! I can't do the exercise challenge because of the MS, but there are exercises I can do and I need to be doing them. I'm on plan but only for the last few days. I will weigh Thursday, my normal weigh in day. I'm so not looking forward to that. But it is what it is and I'm on plan now and ready to add exercise in.
OMG Mim!!!!!!!!! was wondering where you ran off to! And you have a good mindset, it is what it is. Today is a gift............hence it's called the present.........
Old 10-17-2011, 06:37 PM   #574
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: becky123abc
Stats: 208/180/160 5'5"
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
hey, you're on plan, one that works for you, it's a blessing, trust me! and YOU get the credit! Go YOU!
Thanks CC! I just noticed your WOE is listed as Paleo w/added dairy. I am very interested in Paleo... I ordered two great Paleo cookbooks...
Everyday Paleo - Sarah Fragoso &
Primal Blueprint Quick and Easy Meals: Delicious, Primal-approved meals you can make in under 30 minutes (Primal Blueprint Series)

The pictures are so great...I think I may try paleo for maintenance...

But I do wonder about not having artificial sweeteners...i love my Davinci's & Diet coke...
Old 10-17-2011, 08:06 PM   #575
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Aloha Linz
Stats: 168/161/130 - 5'8"
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 9/5/2011
Quote:
They're really good! And I'd def reckon that your form was waaaaay better than mine--I went for speed!!! I'm thinking when I do the next one the form will be better-at least hoping--so I'm not sure the numbers will go up much. The push uo jacks and low plank obliques are a real killer!!!

I know!!!! And seriously could she BE any smuger about it???? She almost hugs herself!! And when S.T. says she was better than the guy she could hardly contain herself!!!!

It's Cardio Power and Resistance tomorrow-I'm so not looking forward to it! I remember thinking it was the hardest when I watched it last week ( drinking tea and eating carby crap!LOL!!). I just don't seem to have power or strength. I find fast cardio much easier.

I did the Claire Nasir DVD today--and I wasn't even puffed. (well a tiny little bit) So I know that has got too 'easy'-I used to be huffin an puffin!!! I think I have to learn it's ok ( and prob you should be) out of breath and sweating buckets when you work out. I always thought it was a sign you weren't fit enough, but even ST breaths very heavily!!! Oh and I did have little droplets of sweat (gross) after the warm up for the Fit Test I think. I've never had that--glisteny and clammy yes but never actual 'tears' on my shoulders!!!!

It's cool though how you can really up your fitness so much-when I started, I started with an aerobic DVD and I couldn't even do the high impact stuff-I did the modified version-one foot always on the ground!!!
My form may have been decent, but I am carting around 30 extra pounds, so everything is just harder. I feel so out of shape....and out of breath!

Oh tanya was loving it when she beat the guy!! She gets more annoying....just wait. And there are others too...oh the drama of insanity!! It makes me wonder if there were any love connections formed during the filming....did Shaun T have an affair with Tanya?! She's in his "hip hop abs" also! Don't I have anything better to do than wonder about this? Apparently not...

So you're not a big sweater?? Omg, my shirt was pretty wet at the end of the fit test! I sweat soooo much when I workout. I am literally dripping on the floor with insanity. Nice image, huh?! It is cool that a person of any level of fitness can get a great workout cause it's all about how you push yourself within your limits. A lot of workouts can be tough as long as you give it your all (and that of course varies for everyone!!) I can't wait to hear if you start drenching your shirt in sweat further into the workouts!!!
Old 10-17-2011, 08:09 PM   #576
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Hey Everyone!

I'm just checking in...I made it through the weekend...I'm in the 150's!! Hip Hip Hooray!

RIght now my main foods are grilled chicken, and coffee.

I know each body is different, but I found out for me, right now...I'm losing nicely with a nice...and I mean nice...splash of HWC in my coffee. It easily holds me over until lunch time and is a great afternoon snack. I might snack on a few pork skins or celery dipped in ranch or blue cheese dressing, but if I'm not terribly hungry, I'll just be happy with the coffee I just drank.

I know many folks say too much cream may stall, so you gotta do what works for you.

I think being in ketosis real good is key for me. That drastically cuts down on cravings. And just knowing it will take 3 days to get back into ketosis...that helps me over ride any cravings that jump on me.

I'm on day two of TOM...and the day or two before I started, the cravings were pretty strong. That's when I got the pork skins...I like crunchy and dipped in a good high fat dressing is very satisfying to me.

This is working for me now...who knows what I'll be eating a few weeks from now???

Last year at this time I was pretty much only steak...and I still love a good steak, but chicken is so much cheaper...so that's my THANG right now!

I'm so tickled to be in the 159's and I hope I can get that number on down the line...

I admire you gals who are working out...I'm so flabby...but I really don't have the energy to move much. I get up at 5 every morning...and the day is long. I know I would benefit from exercising...one day I'll get there...y'all keep on ...it's very inspiring!
Hey Becky!! Congrats on getting into the 150's!!! That's my mini goal for this week. You go girl!! Your plan sounds solid and relevant for YOU....and that's what matters Keep it up girl!! Hop on the workout wagon whenever you're ready! We'll be here waiting!
Old 10-17-2011, 08:12 PM   #577
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
Aaaarrrrrrrrggggggg! My laptop is down - my weight is not! I have a borrowed laptop so I can check in. I love that everyone is keeping on keeping on! I can't do the exercise challenge because of the MS, but there are exercises I can do and I need to be doing them. I'm on plan but only for the last few days. I will weigh Thursday, my normal weigh in day. I'm so not looking forward to that. But it is what it is and I'm on plan now and ready to add exercise in.
Yipppeeeee that's Mim's in!!! Do what you can Mim....everyone is different & you just work with what you've got! Something is better than nothing, right?

Happy to have you back in the game!! Hope that laptop gets fixed soon....I hate living without my laptop. I feel naked!
Old 10-17-2011, 08:15 PM   #578
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
O girl so like me, amazon built, seriously! Have decided to go for the 2 after the holidays, and after I've sold enough stuff to finance the new duds!
Oh yes!! Large & in charge!! ha ha Ok, if you're gonna go for a 2, than I have to also. Us amazons gotta stick together! What size are you now? I'm in an 8....which is not a happy size for ME. Plus, the girls have gotten soooo big in the last month. I've put on an entire cup size so my shirts are fitting smaller now too. Weight gain is for the birds!! (I love this smiley. So funny & I was waiting for a chance to use it!)
Old 10-17-2011, 08:25 PM   #579
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Thanks CC! I just noticed your WOE is listed as Paleo w/added dairy. I am very interested in Paleo... I ordered two great Paleo cookbooks...
Everyday Paleo - Sarah Fragoso &
Primal Blueprint Quick and Easy Meals: Delicious, Primal-approved meals you can make in under 30 minutes (Primal Blueprint Series)

The pictures are so great...I think I may try paleo for maintenance...

But I do wonder about not having artificial sweeteners...i love my Davinci's & Diet coke...
I too have thought about doing paleo for maintenance Beck. It seems so reasonable and not loaded with processed carbs. Just as nature intended! (Well, at least in some opinions!) I miss berries....I love raspberries & strawberries. And peaches. Mmmmmmm. I think paleo is just like any other diet though...you don't have to be perfect to reap the benefits. If you're 80-90% on plan, you'll reap the benefits. The occasional diet coke or davinci's I'm sure won't throw you off! It'll be your own customized paleo plan!
Old 10-17-2011, 08:29 PM   #580
Senior LCF Member

alright girls, my official day 1 (again) is in the books! I had my 4 oz sirloin, 1 can of tuna w/ mustard, and about 5-6oz of 96% lean ground beef. Water intake has only been around 60ish ounces today, so definitely need to up that tomorrow. I'm about half of where I wanna be with water! Have a wonderful day you hot mamma's you!! xoxoxo
Old 10-17-2011, 08:34 PM   #581
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mrb76
Stats: 280/251/175
WOE: VSG/lowcarb
Start Date: 11/2/2012
My oldest turned 15 today!!!!!!!!!!! I had to purchase, cut, serve, and wash up a birthday cake and I didn't even lick the frosting! I ate my disgusting salmon and eggs while every body else ate cake and ice cream. It wasn't even that hard to resist - I think this diet kills taste buds or something.
Old 10-18-2011, 12:32 AM   #582
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Quote:
Reminds me of that dance track video...what's it called?? Too funny when she does the stick your bum out to the side move.
Old 10-18-2011, 12:34 AM   #583
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
They so have the figures I want--long, lean, perfectly toned, but still very thin!!
If you want figures like them you would have to gain a few GT...they are bigger than you, honest!
Old 10-18-2011, 12:45 AM   #584
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloha Linz View Post
Check in everyone!! It's day 1 (or 2 actually) of our Halloween challenge! Let's keep our eyes on the prize....and that is a good 10-15 pounds GONE by halloween, plus regaining CONTROL in our lives!! I can just taste it!! Let's do this peeps! Let me know how you're doing today....I wanna hear it all....the good, the bad, the ugly.... xoxoxo Linz
I'm in...planned cheat (DD's birthday) went on a little longer than planned.. Will be allowing a lil low fat cheese though coz it works for me and I lurve cheese. I won't be touching booze and I'll do my Pilates vid three times a week. I really need to build up some strength plus, I have a bad back so Pilates is the way forward for me me thinks. I'll catch up with you guys doing the Insanity challenge a little later.
Old 10-18-2011, 12:48 AM   #585
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Here I am again....taking up entirely too much space on this thread! Sorry!!! Haven't eaten yet today. I want to, but not cause I'm hungry. I want to eat when i'm hungry, not just to eat!
I'm joining today, day 2, better late than never!
Old 10-18-2011, 12:49 AM   #586
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Yeah! That and a DVD by Claire Nasir--a British celeb--usually I wouldn't touch a celeb DVD with a barge pole but this got great reviews!! It's interval training. I do The Bar Method and Callanetics too--I really think they're the best for slimming hips from the front view!

Yeah the costumes are funny--I think they're more for the men!! They were the dancers in a video to the song Pump it Up! Veeeeery sexy!!
That's the one!
Old 10-18-2011, 12:51 AM   #587
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrb76 View Post
My oldest turned 15 today!!!!!!!!!!! I had to purchase, cut, serve, and wash up a birthday cake and I didn't even lick the frosting! I ate my disgusting salmon and eggs while every body else ate cake and ice cream. It wasn't even that hard to resist - I think this diet kills taste buds or something.
Well done...that will be Ketosis, kills the appetite!
Old 10-18-2011, 12:55 AM   #588
Major LCF Poster!

No matter what happens over the next two weeks...I am not going to talk myself out of this challenge... even if my house falls down...come to think of it, that would keep me out of the kitchen.
Old 10-18-2011, 12:58 AM   #589
Major LCF Poster!

Double post

Last edited by makemeslim; 10-18-2011 at 01:00 AM..
Old 10-18-2011, 12:59 AM   #590
Major LCF Poster!

Breakfast for me was two boiled eggs and two bacon rashers, all fat removed, I know, I know about the sodium but a couple of slices seems not to hurt my losses. Now for the water... why do I find the water part such a chore, glug glug.
Old 10-18-2011, 02:39 AM   #591
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Quote:
OMG GT you must be kidding they are all so much bigger than you, seriously!
Taller with longer legs-deffy!! But waaaaaaay thiner than me!!
Old 10-18-2011, 02:45 AM   #592
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:

Oh tanya was loving it when she beat the guy!! She gets more annoying....just wait. And there are others too...oh the drama of insanity!! It makes me wonder if there were any love connections formed during the filming....did Shaun T have an affair with Tanya?! She's in his "hip hop abs" also! Don't I have anything better to do than wonder about this? Apparently not...
she bugged me from day1!!!!
Old 10-18-2011, 02:47 AM   #593
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Oh yes!! Large & in charge!! ha ha Ok, if you're gonna go for a 2, than I have to also. Us amazons gotta stick together! What size are you now? I'm in an 8....which is not a happy size for ME. Plus, the girls have gotten soooo big in the last month. I've put on an entire cup size so my shirts are fitting smaller now too. Weight gain is for the birds!! (I love this smiley. So funny & I was waiting for a chance to use it!)
Yeah it I eat of plan for a couple of days I fill out my bra waaay better!! ( which with these 'toddlers' is no bad thing!)
Old 10-18-2011, 02:52 AM   #594
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
I too have thought about doing paleo for maintenance Beck. It seems so reasonable and not loaded with processed carbs. Just as nature intended! (Well, at least in some opinions!) I miss berries....I love raspberries & strawberries. And peaches. Mmmmmmm. I think paleo is just like any other diet though...you don't have to be perfect to reap the benefits. If you're 80-90% on plan, you'll reap the benefits. The occasional diet coke or davinci's I'm sure won't throw you off! It'll be your own customized paleo plan!
Minw will def be Paleo--at least a version! I thought you could have berries on it! Well I will and a little dairy-yoghurt. I'm not that into cheese.i'm never going back to processed rubbish! It will be lean and clean! Ha!! I don't do AS. Interestingly even though unfortunately I have a sweet tooth I find diet drinks way to sugary! I won't be giving up tea though!
Old 10-18-2011, 02:54 AM   #595
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
alright girls, my official day 1 (again) is in the books! I had my 4 oz sirloin, 1 can of tuna w/ mustard, and about 5-6oz of 96% lean ground beef. Water intake has only been around 60ish ounces today, so definitely need to up that tomorrow. I'm about half of where I wanna be with water! Have a wonderful day you hot mamma's you!! xoxoxo
Yay!!! Day 2 tomorow!!! I have my calendar up for Insanity and I've marked off day 1 with a (pink!) highlighter!! Workouts done and Stills eaten!!
Old 10-18-2011, 02:57 AM   #596
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrb76 View Post
Congrats!!! And yay on resisting temptation! Gawd I could eat frosting by the bowl! Seriously! I don't like cake at all--but frosting-or icing as we call it--yuuuuum!! Yeah after a while on QWl you just lose all taste for stuff!! One of the best things about it!!
Old 10-18-2011, 03:00 AM   #597
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
Reminds me of that dance track video...what's it called?? Too funny when she does the stick your bum out to the side move.
Yeah -Pump it up!! Some of it is deffy for the boys!!
Old 10-18-2011, 03:03 AM   #598
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
If you want figures like them you would have to gain a few GT...they are bigger than you, honest!
What is wrong with ye people????? nooooooooo they're much thinner!!! Did ye not see their skinny arms and legs!! And their stomachs are almost concave!! And they have no butts!!!
Old 10-18-2011, 03:04 AM   #599
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
I'm in...planned cheat (DD's birthday) went on a little longer than planned.. Will be allowing a lil low fat cheese though coz it works for me and I lurve cheese. I won't be touching booze and I'll do my Pilates vid three times a week. I really need to build up some strength plus, I have a bad back so Pilates is the way forward for me me thinks. I'll catch up with you guys doing the Insanity challenge a little later.
Hmmm why do cheats always last longer than planned!!!! What's your video?? I used to do Mari Winsor but haven't dusted it off in well over a year!
Old 10-18-2011, 03:06 AM   #600
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Breakfast for me was two boiled eggs and two bacon rashers, all fat removed, I know, I know about the sodium but a couple of slices seems not to hurt my losses. Now for the water... why do I find the water part such a chore, glug glug.
Breakie sounds good!!
Closed Thread