Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2011, 08:26 PM   #541
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Aloha Linz
Stats: 168/161/130 - 5'8"
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 9/5/2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrb76 View Post
I'll just be honest. I planned a baking day Thursday when my mom visits. So my challenge would already be botched. Besides, I eat like that daily and still only lose slowly.

But I am proud of myself! I have 2 bags of pretzel M&M's in the pantry (for baking day) and I haven't touched them!!!
You go girl!! I dream of being able to eat like you on a daily basis! Enjoy time with your mamma Where's she from?

Sponsored Links
Old 10-16-2011, 08:29 PM   #542
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Gullo---foods may give you momentary pleasure, but your happiness is the greater reward when you look in the mirror and know you're looking your best, wearing clothes that you've always wanted to wear, feeling fit and glowing with well-being.
this is sooooooo true!! Momentary pleasure is my problem. It's that quick fix....the drug like affect. for me, abstinence is best because I don't know portion control yet!
Old 10-16-2011, 08:31 PM   #543
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
My personal thin is definitely wearing a UK6/US 2. (I wear it now----but not in skinny jeans) But my ultimate goal is a size0. Or at least the measurements for it. Our smallest size is a US2!!!! Seriously!!!
I have a pair of Sevens size 25--eh they fit a couple of weeks ago--but I'm not sure they'd even go up my thigh now!!!!
You are sooooo tiny!!! How cute!! I wanna see pics! I don't know if I could ever get that low...I'm 5'8, medium to large muild....kinda muscular. Have always wanted to wear a 2 or 0 though....hmmmm....we'll see!
Old 10-16-2011, 08:35 PM   #544
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
O kill me now, I bought three avocadoes, swiss cheese and deli turkey at the market yesterday.................I really have to sell some more stuff on the bay if I want to lose any more weight.....still enjoying my new size & new clothes for now..........I have some beautiful stuff going up tonight........

Sorry to be AWOL, it's been a quiet weekend on the ranch, one of our barn kitties was found dead yeaterday morning and himself does not take these well........
CC - I'm sooooo sorry to hear about the kitty!! Aww that just breaks my heart. What happened? Sending big hugs your way I have a dog & he's my best friend in the world. Sometimes, there's no greater pain than seeing your babies in pain or when they pass away. Animals hold such a special place in my heart.
Old 10-16-2011, 08:36 PM   #545
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
O gals I've more bad news, Dan Wheldon has died of his injuries in a crash at Las Vegas.....age 33, he was the Indy 500 winner last year.....bless his memory and my heart goes out to his family..........
Sooooo sad!! 2 young kids I had 2 friends lose their father this week too. It's just too much!!
Old 10-16-2011, 08:40 PM   #546
Senior LCF Member

Welll girls I survived my dinner out with the fam & did great! Had a sirloin & some wine. Couldn't eat the whole sirloin so I now have leftovers for tomorrow! Yippeee! My diet this week will consist of turkey, lean ground beef, leftover sirloin, chicken & tuna. I'm gonna post my weight tomorrow & am dreading that moment!!
Old 10-17-2011, 05:59 AM   #547
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Ok Lindsey I did Insanity's Fit Test and then the Plyo Cardio Circuit!!!!

It's definitely tough! I don't know if it's as tough as people say though--I mean cardio wise. The most cardio is from the warm up. I loooove cardio--like non-stop stuff. I'm not explaining it well, I know!! I like 'running on the spot' type! Maybe I'm wrong and you get as much cardio from push ups etc.?? I sooo couldn't do the push up things-like the ski-jump on the floor like a plank!! OMG!!!! I watched the DVD for most of it!!!! Also my trainers were slipping on the floor!!! ...that's my excuse anyway!!! That's kind of disappointing, because usually when I do DVDs I don't give up!! I push and push--but with this I just don't have the power. So I kind of feel I didn't workout properly. I think I might do my Pump It Up later!! Check it out--and you'll see, that's the type of stuff I like!!
I know Sean T keeps saying form over speed---and I know my form is awful, I hope that will get better over time. Even my lunges are bad-I really have to work at not putting my knee over my ankle!!
But I really really loved it!!! Why did I not workout for a couple of weeks???? I mean, seriously I adore it!! I feel so much better, I have so much more energy! It's better than Prozac too! Ha!!! And working out really kills my hunger!!! Oh--I'm not gonna eat breakfast before Insanity again! I def felt a little quesy at the beginning!

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!(not even chocolate!)
Old 10-17-2011, 06:01 AM   #548
Big Yapper!!!!

Old 10-17-2011, 06:01 AM   #549
Big Yapper!!!!

Old 10-17-2011, 06:04 AM   #550
Big Yapper!!!!

They so have the figures I want--long, lean, perfectly toned, but still very thin!!
Old 10-17-2011, 06:09 AM   #551
Big Yapper!!!!

Ok Fit Test Results.

Switch Kicks---102

Power Jacks-----47

Knee thinngs----97

Power Jacks----37

Globe jumps---11

Suicide jumps---10

Push up jacks---24. ( sooo tough!)

Low plank obliques---35. ( tougher)

My form on the push up type things was awful, not sure my switch kick were very good either!)

I think the next time if my form is better then I'll be happy!!
Old 10-17-2011, 06:11 AM   #552
Big Yapper!!!!

My iPad battery is so bad..... ....still love the tantrum throwing smiley!! He's too cute!!!
Old 10-17-2011, 06:46 AM   #553
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Ok Lindsey I did Insanity's Fit Test and then the Plyo Cardio Circuit!!!!

It's definitely tough! I don't know if it's as tough as people say though--I mean cardio wise. The most cardio is from the warm up. I loooove cardio--like non-stop stuff. I'm not explaining it well, I know!! I like 'running on the spot' type! Maybe I'm wrong and you get as much cardio from push ups etc.?? I sooo couldn't do the push up things-like the ski-jump on the floor like a plank!! OMG!!!! I watched the DVD for most of it!!!! Also my trainers were slipping on the floor!!! ...that's my excuse anyway!!! That's kind of disappointing, because usually when I do DVDs I don't give up!! I push and push--but with this I just don't have the power. So I kind of feel I didn't workout properly. I think I might do my Pump It Up later!! Check it out--and you'll see, that's the type of stuff I like!!
I know Sean T keeps saying form over speed---and I know my form is awful, I hope that will get better over time. Even my lunges are bad-I really have to work at not putting my knee over my ankle!!
But I really really loved it!!! Why did I not workout for a couple of weeks???? I mean, seriously I adore it!! I feel so much better, I have so much more energy! It's better than Prozac too! Ha!!! And working out really kills my hunger!!! Oh--I'm not gonna eat breakfast before Insanity again! I def felt a little quesy at the beginning!
Way to go GT!!! That's awesome to hear you're in good cardio shape!! You'll love "pure cardio" day! I totally know what you mean liking the running in place type cardio, but the bodyweight cardio like mountain climbers, push ups, etc are much more metabolically stimulating! It's great to do a mix between both! To keep your shoes (or trainers as you call em....so cute!) from slipping on the floor, try to make sure your shoulders are lined up right on top of your hands. If they aren't, the weight isn't distributed properly & you wind up putting more emphasis on your feet for the exercises, when the emphasis should be on your upper body & core. Does that make sense? Just always remember shoulders on top of hands when you're in a plank of any type! You'll get stronger, you'll see!! Each time you do the workout you should see improved strength! I really can't wait to watch your progress! Insanity should give you that body you're looking for!
Old 10-17-2011, 06:47 AM   #554
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
They so have the figures I want--long, lean, perfectly toned, but still very thin!!
Ha ha ha!! They have awesome figures!! I can't help but laugh a little at the outfits though! Reminds me of 80's workout videos! Jane Fonda-ish Looks like a fun workout though!! Is that what you've been doing lately?
Old 10-17-2011, 06:51 AM   #555
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Ok Fit Test Results.

Switch Kicks---102

Power Jacks-----47

Knee thinngs----97

Power Jacks----37

Globe jumps---11

Suicide jumps---10

My form on the push up type things was awful, not sure my switch kick were very good either!)

Wowsers!!! Impressive!! I'm doing the fit test later today with a friend...I'll be thinking of you the whole way! You can always drop to your knees for pushups if you can't go down all the way. You end up doing a million variations of push ups with insanity....it's so hard to keep perfect form the whole time! I end up on my knees quite often!
Old 10-17-2011, 07:12 AM   #556
Senior LCF Member

Weighed in this morning at 168 Time to crack down & get serious!! Until Halloween, no cheats = no loss of control = good life & happy mood! Plan for today is my leftover sirloin & ground turkey. I'll do my insanity fit test & walk my dog.

My mini-goal is to be in the 150's by the weekend. Fingers, toes & eyes crossed!!
Old 10-17-2011, 07:17 AM   #557
Senior LCF Member

Check in everyone!! It's day 1 (or 2 actually) of our Halloween challenge! Let's keep our eyes on the prize....and that is a good 10-15 pounds GONE by halloween, plus regaining CONTROL in our lives!! I can just taste it!! Let's do this peeps! Let me know how you're doing today....I wanna hear it all....the good, the bad, the ugly.... xoxoxo Linz
Old 10-17-2011, 08:04 AM   #558
Senior LCF Member

Here I am again....taking up entirely too much space on this thread! Sorry!!! Haven't eaten yet today. I want to, but not cause I'm hungry. I want to eat when i'm hungry, not just to eat!
Old 10-17-2011, 08:19 AM   #559
Senior LCF Member

Just read this on a different thread and thought it was fitting for us today!

"The fact that you know upfront that Stillman's works, yet you are not willing to stick with the plan long enough to let it work, means that you are simply not ready yet - because when you are, nothing can stop you. Period. When it gets right down to brass tacks, the only person who can motivate you is you. Let the rewards you reap be the motivation you seek.
Stillman's works...gotta give it the chance to work!"

I am ready....are YOU?!?!
Old 10-17-2011, 09:52 AM   #560
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloha Linz View Post
Weighed in this morning at 168 Time to crack down & get serious!! Until Halloween, no cheats = no loss of control = good life & happy mood! Plan for today is my leftover sirloin & ground turkey. I'll do my insanity fit test & walk my dog.

My mini-goal is to be in the 150's by the weekend. Fingers, toes & eyes crossed!!
First 100% on plan eating day in a long time!! Just had tuna and some cukes for dinner! I'm a happy bunny!!!
Old 10-17-2011, 09:57 AM   #561
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Just read this on a different thread and thought it was fitting for us today!

"The fact that you know upfront that Stillman's works, yet you are not willing to stick with the plan long enough to let it work, means that you are simply not ready yet - because when you are, nothing can stop you. Period. When it gets right down to brass tacks, the only person who can motivate you is you. Let the rewards you reap be the motivation you seek.
Stillman's works...gotta give it the chance to work!"

I am ready....are YOU?!?!
That is soooooo true!!! It's an amazing feeling when you decide to commit!! No feelings of missing out or deprivation!! Just pure bliss-happy in the knowledge that this works!! It has 1000s of times for 1000s of people!! It will give you the figure that you want, and the control you need!!!
Old 10-17-2011, 10:07 AM   #562
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Ha ha ha!! They have awesome figures!! I can't help but laugh a little at the outfits though! Reminds me of 80's workout videos! Jane Fonda-ish Looks like a fun workout though!! Is that what you've been doing lately?
Yeah! That and a DVD by Claire Nasir--a British celeb--usually I wouldn't touch a celeb DVD with a barge pole but this got great reviews!! It's interval training. I do The Bar Method and Callanetics too--I really think they're the best for slimming hips from the front view!

Yeah the costumes are funny--I think they're more for the men!! They were the dancers in a video to the song Pump it Up! Veeeeery sexy!!
Old 10-17-2011, 01:50 PM   #563
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Ok Fit Test Results.

Switch Kicks---102

Power Jacks-----47

Knee thinngs----97

Power Jacks----37

Globe jumps---11

Suicide jumps---10

Ok GT here's my results! you kicked my butt in a lot of these!!

Switch Kicks: 111
Power Jacks: 45
Power Knees: 90
Power Jumps: 34
Globe Jumps: 9
Suicide Jumps: 16
Push up Jacks: 18
Low Plank Oblique: 42

I don't know how Tanya gets so high numbers on some of these!! 70 something low plank obliques?!? That's bananas yo!
Old 10-17-2011, 01:53 PM   #564
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
First 100% on plan eating day in a long time!! Just had tuna and some cukes for dinner! I'm a happy bunny!!!
Wooo hoooo!! Good job to you!! I am on track so far too. Only had my leftover sirloin so far...it was about 4oz. Gonna have some tuna now! Can't wait to have a few days of clean eating under my belt!
Old 10-17-2011, 02:47 PM   #565
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Ok GT here's my results! you kicked my butt in a lot of these!!

Switch Kicks: 111
Power Jacks: 45
Power Knees: 90
Power Jumps: 34
Globe Jumps: 9
Suicide Jumps: 16
Push up Jacks: 18
Low Plank Oblique: 42

I don't know how Tanya gets so high numbers on some of these!! 70 something low plank obliques?!? That's bananas yo!
They're really good! And I'd def reckon that your form was waaaaay better than mine--I went for speed!!! I'm thinking when I do the next one the form will be better-at least hoping--so I'm not sure the numbers will go up much. The push uo jacks and low plank obliques are a real killer!!!

I know!!!! And seriously could she BE any smuger about it???? She almost hugs herself!! And when S.T. says she was better than the guy she could hardly contain herself!!!!

It's Cardio Power and Resistance tomorrow-I'm so not looking forward to it! I remember thinking it was the hardest when I watched it last week ( drinking tea and eating carby crap!LOL!!). I just don't seem to have power or strength. I find fast cardio much easier.

I did the Claire Nasir DVD today--and I wasn't even puffed. (well a tiny little bit) So I know that has got too 'easy'-I used to be huffin an puffin!!! I think I have to learn it's ok ( and prob you should be) out of breath and sweating buckets when you work out. I always thought it was a sign you weren't fit enough, but even ST breaths very heavily!!! Oh and I did have little droplets of sweat (gross) after the warm up for the Fit Test I think. I've never had that--glisteny and clammy yes but never actual 'tears' on my shoulders!!!!

It's cool though how you can really up your fitness so much-when I started, I started with an aerobic DVD and I couldn't even do the high impact stuff-I did the modified version-one foot always on the ground!!!

Last edited by Getting there!!!; 10-17-2011 at 02:48 PM..
Old 10-17-2011, 02:50 PM   #566
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Wooo hoooo!! Good job to you!! I am on track so far too. Only had my leftover sirloin so far...it was about 4oz. Gonna have some tuna now! Can't wait to have a few days of clean eating under my belt!
Yeah me neither!!! Also for me the one best thing for giving me control and structure is exercise.
Old 10-17-2011, 02:58 PM   #567
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: becky123abc
Stats: 205/199/160 5'5.5"
Hey Everyone!

I'm just checking in...I made it through the weekend...I'm in the 150's!! Hip Hip Hooray!

RIght now my main foods are grilled chicken, and coffee.

I know each body is different, but I found out for me, right now...I'm losing nicely with a nice...and I mean nice...splash of HWC in my coffee. It easily holds me over until lunch time and is a great afternoon snack. I might snack on a few pork skins or celery dipped in ranch or blue cheese dressing, but if I'm not terribly hungry, I'll just be happy with the coffee I just drank.

I know many folks say too much cream may stall, so you gotta do what works for you.

I think being in ketosis real good is key for me. That drastically cuts down on cravings. And just knowing it will take 3 days to get back into ketosis...that helps me over ride any cravings that jump on me.

I'm on day two of TOM...and the day or two before I started, the cravings were pretty strong. That's when I got the pork skins...I like crunchy and dipped in a good high fat dressing is very satisfying to me.

This is working for me now...who knows what I'll be eating a few weeks from now???

Last year at this time I was pretty much only steak...and I still love a good steak, but chicken is so much cheaper...so that's my THANG right now!

I'm so tickled to be in the 159's and I hope I can get that number on down the line...

I admire you gals who are working out...I'm so flabby...but I really don't have the energy to move much. I get up at 5 every morning...and the day is long. I know I would benefit from exercising...one day I'll get there...y'all keep on ...it's very inspiring!
Old 10-17-2011, 03:46 PM   #568
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Aaaarrrrrrrrggggggg! My laptop is down - my weight is not! I have a borrowed laptop so I can check in. I love that everyone is keeping on keeping on! I can't do the exercise challenge because of the MS, but there are exercises I can do and I need to be doing them. I'm on plan but only for the last few days. I will weigh Thursday, my normal weigh in day. I'm so not looking forward to that. But it is what it is and I'm on plan now and ready to add exercise in.
Old 10-17-2011, 05:33 PM   #569
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
You are sooooo tiny!!! How cute!! I wanna see pics! I don't know if I could ever get that low...I'm 5'8, medium to large muild....kinda muscular. Have always wanted to wear a 2 or 0 though....hmmmm....we'll see!
O girl so like me, amazon built, seriously! Have decided to go for the 2 after the holidays, and after I've sold enough stuff to finance the new duds!
Old 10-17-2011, 05:35 PM   #570
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
CC - I'm sooooo sorry to hear about the kitty!! Aww that just breaks my heart. What happened? Sending big hugs your way I have a dog & he's my best friend in the world. Sometimes, there's no greater pain than seeing your babies in pain or when they pass away. Animals hold such a special place in my heart.
We have no idea, happy and healthy one day and gone the next. Perhaps it's better this way, we have had some that faded away slowly and that was much worse.........thanks for the hugs XOXOXOXO
Closed Thread