Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2011, 11:43 AM   #481
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 235/227/155 5'7"
WOE: Stillman QWL
Start Date: September 2 2014
I am down another 1. something today. I can't remember exactly and I do not feel like running upstairs to look.

Less than a pound to get back to my pre carb dippin weight. Not too bad. Less than a week to recover. As bad as I ate I thought it would be worse. I should be OK till all the halloween candy is in the house in a couple of weeks. temptation temptation temptation!

Sponsored Links
Old 10-14-2011, 05:16 PM   #482
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
ugh, my biz puter has a virus and it ca't get up......and I can't fix it.......I just want to cry right about now.

The posts that have been pouring in are the light I see in all of us........yay, we may be human, but we are strong......and there for our congregation when one is sagging or lagging.....

{deep breath} what doesn't kill us makes us stronger.......

although I can see myself smashing my tower on the asphalt about now

tomorrow's another day.........where I will be sheepishly hanging my head at the geeks in Staples pleading with them to fix my baby........it never ends.......
Old 10-14-2011, 07:06 PM   #483
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: becky123abc
Stats: 205/196/160 5'5.5"
Oh CC! I am so sorry for you computer troubles! I hope the problem is resolved quickly for you. Computers can drive us nuts sometimes!

I made it through a State Fair yesterday AND a football game tonight.

When I am really cleaned out of carbs...it seems like my sense of smell is almost magical...haha. I was smelling all of the food so strong at the game tonight...someone was selling homemade strawberry cupcakes...it was tempting. But I bought a Rt. 44 diet coke from Sonic and took it to the game...it lasted the whole game for me.

If I see a loss in the morning, it will have been so worth it...but if I don't see a loss...I don't know if I"ll make it through the weekend! haha

I came home and checked my stix...no purple...then I got a little paranoid thinking maybe my Sonic drink was not diet...but my son told me it definitely was. Maybe I just drank so much my stix didn't register. I don't let the stix freak me out, but seeing that purple shade is very encouraging to me.

Fall is here...I wore my boots for the first time to the game. I love fall clothes...I love dressing in layers...and I love feeling thin! I gotta keep my eyes on the prize!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
ugh, my biz puter has a virus and it ca't get up......and I can't fix it.......I just want to cry right about now.

The posts that have been pouring in are the light I see in all of us........yay, we may be human, but we are strong......and there for our congregation when one is sagging or lagging.....

tomorrow's another day.........where I will be sheepishly hanging my head at the geeks in Staples pleading with them to fix my baby........it never ends.......
Old 10-14-2011, 09:09 PM   #484
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post

Sorry about the computer. I hope you can get it fixed quickly. I know how infuriating it it when a PC is messed up. Beat on a chicken breast with a meat mallet!
Old 10-14-2011, 09:11 PM   #485
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by becky123abc View Post
Oh CC! I am so sorry for you computer troubles! I hope the problem is resolved quickly for you. Computers can drive us nuts sometimes!

I made it through a State Fair yesterday AND a football game tonight.

When I am really cleaned out of carbs...it seems like my sense of smell is almost magical...haha. I was smelling all of the food so strong at the game tonight...someone was selling homemade strawberry cupcakes...it was tempting. But I bought a Rt. 44 diet coke from Sonic and took it to the game...it lasted the whole game for me.

If I see a loss in the morning, it will have been so worth it...but if I don't see a loss...I don't know if I"ll make it through the weekend! haha

I came home and checked my stix...no purple...then I got a little paranoid thinking maybe my Sonic drink was not diet...but my son told me it definitely was. Maybe I just drank so much my stix didn't register. I don't let the stix freak me out, but seeing that purple shade is very encouraging to me.

Fall is here...I wore my boots for the first time to the game. I love fall clothes...I love dressing in layers...and I love feeling thin! I gotta keep my eyes on the prize!!

Way to go on resisting. How empowering it is when you can do that.

I can never get my sticks beyond trace readings. I am sure the diluted urine has a lot to do with it. I should test first thing in the morning. It does seem to give you a little boost in willpower.
Old 10-15-2011, 06:14 AM   #486
Major LCF Poster!

No loss this morning! But no gain either so I'll call it a win.

I hope all of you are having a great weekend.

I've been looking at LC pizza pics...I thought I'd try those kind of recipes out when I'm ready for maintenance...but the 140's seem sooooo far away...
Old 10-15-2011, 11:42 AM   #487
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mrb76
Stats: 280/251/175
WOE: VSG/lowcarb
Start Date: 11/2/2012
At Target this morning I found the most delicious tea!!!! It's the Celestial brand and it's special for the holidays. The name is Sugar Cookie Sleigh Ride and it is so yummmmmmmy!!!!! I drank a cup and decided it would def. get me through some junk food cravings! I also bought the Gingerbread flavor but haven't tried it yet.

Edit- tried to Gingerbread. Also delicious!!! My husband even had a cup and he's uber picky.

Last edited by mrb76; 10-15-2011 at 12:35 PM..
Old 10-15-2011, 04:04 PM   #488
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Aloha Linz
Stats: 168/161/130 - 5'8"
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 9/5/2011
Hi guys!

Mrb - I've tried the celestial tea & it's awesome!! The nutcracker sweet tea is my fave!! Along with the candy cane green tea. Soooo yummy!

I am hanging in there....haven't weighed cause I haven't been very good. I keep waking up saying I'm gonna be on plan, then end up falling. I'm pretty bummed about it, but I said I would post, so here I am! Wishing I could put a lock on my mouth!!

Hugs to you all.....
Lindsey
Old 10-15-2011, 04:45 PM   #489
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloha Linz View Post
Hi guys!

Mrb - I've tried the celestial tea & it's awesome!! The nutcracker sweet tea is my fave!! Along with the candy cane green tea. Soooo yummy!

I am hanging in there....haven't weighed cause I haven't been very good. I keep waking up saying I'm gonna be on plan, then end up falling. I'm pretty bummed about it, but I said I would post, so here I am! Wishing I could put a lock on my mouth!!

Hugs to you all.....
Lindsey
I've heard about that tea on LCF. I just don't care for hot tea...but it sounds like something I might like.

Aloha, don't feel bad...as long as you don't stay out in carb land for long...

Last Sunday I went nuts...but right back on track Monday morning. I'm hoping to stay in check this weekend.
Old 10-15-2011, 05:39 PM   #490
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Hi guys!

Hugs to you all.....
Lindsey
Glad you posted. I will post my confession post in a few. It was a rough day.

I hopefully tomorrow is the day you have the strength to eat on plan. I know sometimes it is such a struggle.
Old 10-15-2011, 05:45 PM   #491
Major LCF Poster!

I have been SO good all week. I did not struggle to stay on plan or anything. Then I weighed this morning and for some reason, gain a bit over a pound. It hit me hard because I did nothing off track. I was good all day till about an hour ago. I ate a nutrigrain bar. Between the weight gain and shopping all day I just didn't keep it together. Whats worse is I have no will to be right back on. Hopefully it will be there tomorrow! I know I have such a long way to go and I will never get there if I keep doing this.

I am off to watch Wipeout with the kids and hubby. I will post more tomorrow!

Courage isn't always a lion's roar. It is sometimes the heart at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow".
Old 10-15-2011, 07:06 PM   #492
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrattyS View Post
I have been SO good all week. I did not struggle to stay on plan or anything. Then I weighed this morning and for some reason, gain a bit over a pound. It hit me hard because I did nothing off track. I was good all day till about an hour ago. I ate a nutrigrain bar. Between the weight gain and shopping all day I just didn't keep it together. Whats worse is I have no will to be right back on. Hopefully it will be there tomorrow! I know I have such a long way to go and I will never get there if I keep doing this.

I know how you feel. It's so frustrating when you do everything right and it doesn't pay off. Some days I step on the scale and think to myself "if i gained or didn't lose I'm going to eat carbs today!!!". Then luckily my willpower kicks in and I think of all the progress I have made and I stick to plan.
Old 10-15-2011, 07:08 PM   #493
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by becky123abc View Post
I've heard about that tea on LCF. I just don't care for hot tea...but it sounds like something I might like.

Aloha, don't feel bad...as long as you don't stay out in carb land for long...

Last Sunday I went nuts...but right back on track Monday morning. I'm hoping to stay in check this weekend.
Hiya Becky! Try the green tea over ice maybe? Or the sugar cookie? I bet they'd be pretty yummy! In fact I think I'm gonna try it myself! Thanks for the idea!

I'm trying to rope myself out of carbville!! Where's the lasso smiley?? speaking of smiley's...I just saw this one for the first time! Ha ha!! Tomorrow is a new day. We're going to a steakhouse tomorrow night for bro-in-law's bday so I will have no reason not to eat meat!! Just need to get another stack of days under me. The cycle continues....

But I'm wishing you all the good thoughts in the world to stay on track!!! You can do it, cause you're superbecky!!!

Last edited by Aloha Linz; 10-15-2011 at 07:11 PM..
Old 10-15-2011, 07:16 PM   #494
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Glad you posted. I will post my confession post in a few. It was a rough day.

I hopefully tomorrow is the day you have the strength to eat on plan. I know sometimes it is such a struggle.
Thanks Bratty....I thought of you and that's why I posted. I didn't want to though! Let's get back on track tomorrow....wanna?? Pretty please?? In fact, I have a little challenge for you (and anyone else who wants in)....let's try to be meat only until Halloween. Cheat free! Can we do it? I want to so bad but I need someone doing it with me! Whatta ya say? What I really want to do is be cheat free til my bday (Nov 21st), but with the rate i'm going, I'll be happy if I make it to Halloween!
Old 10-15-2011, 07:21 PM   #495
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

And I'm glad YOU posted!! A nutragrain bar??? Let me see if I read that right....just one right?? No biggie girl!!! I would've had 17 of em!! Proud of you for not going bananas on the bars!! I really understand not having the resolve to get back on track though. Probably since you're not seeing the results. I keep thinking how I feel on meat is a million times better than in a carb fog. Join me in the cheat free til halloween challenge! It'll be FUN! Well, maybe fun's the wrong word, but it'll be....uh....looking for the words here.....

We can do this sweetie!! Enjoy wipeout with your fam...I love that show. I'm watching the Texas Detroit playoff game. xoxo
Old 10-15-2011, 07:24 PM   #496
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrb76 View Post
I know how you feel. It's so frustrating when you do everything right and it doesn't pay off. Some days I step on the scale and think to myself "if i gained or didn't lose I'm going to eat carbs today!!!". Then luckily my willpower kicks in and I think of all the progress I have made and I stick to plan.
I'm so glad your willpower is a loud voice in your head!! Mine is so quiet sometimes....almost like a little mouse. I need a scary, demonic voice that says all scarily & loudly, "DROP THE CUPCAKE OR DIE!!"
Old 10-15-2011, 07:31 PM   #497
Senior LCF Member

Okee dokee folks....I am humbly coming before you...AGAIN....after some carb loading. What is my frickin' problem?? I guess no dwelling on the past!! I'm keeping at this!

I propose a bit of a mini-challenge for all who'd wanna join me. To be cheat-free until Halloween! Meat (& eggs) only!! Who's in?? We're starting tomorrow!! Let's drop 10+ lbs by Halloween!! WE CAN DO THIS!!! xoxox
Old 10-15-2011, 08:38 PM   #498
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Okee dokee folks....I am humbly coming before you...AGAIN....after some carb loading. What is my frickin' problem?? I guess no dwelling on the past!! I'm keeping at this!

I propose a bit of a mini-challenge for all who'd wanna join me. To be cheat-free until Halloween! Meat (& eggs) only!! Who's in?? We're starting tomorrow!! Let's drop 10+ lbs by Halloween!! WE CAN DO THIS!!! xoxox
I've been living this challenge since I restarted Stillams a month or two ago. It's actually not hard to stick to at all with the exception of an occasional SF jello thrown in.
You ladies can do this!!!!
Old 10-16-2011, 03:28 AM   #499
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Quote:

Im in!!! This is perfect timing Linz. I was gonna hop on today to tell y'all I was giving up cheese today! Brought a big bowl of kabob meat to work today. Yum!! Meat and cheese has been fun but I havent lost a thing. It is nice to know that I can maintain that way though.. Im ready to drop a few so lets do this!!

and a big hello to everybody!!!
Old 10-16-2011, 03:42 AM   #500
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I've been living this challenge since I restarted Stillams a month or two ago. It's actually not hard to stick to at all with the exception of an occasional SF jello thrown in.
Yup! We just gotta have our meat on hand at all times, and tell ourselves to eat only it, no matter what.

Has anyone here made it 2 weeks on meat without any carb fallout? If we can give ourselves that, we will have probably dropped 15 pounds, and will want nothing more than to keep on going.. 2 weeks cheat free, brings us to Halloween. Lets get all the carbs out of our system and we wont even think about the candy we are passing out. We can do this!!!
Old 10-16-2011, 03:50 AM   #501
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
I have a favourite mantra "Happy or sad, rich or poor, it's still better being thin!" Even if you want to be miserable today, it's better to be thin and miserable than fat and miserable. Anyway you look at it, thin always comes out ahead!
I agree with this totally!!!! Thanks for posting it GT! When Im skinny, it's impossible for me to even be miserable. Everything is manageable when I dont have to worry about what I look like.
Old 10-16-2011, 03:53 AM   #502
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Living you life trim and healthy is far more important than worrying if a strategy looks 'crazy' ( having your problem foods in a lockable box if you live with others who can eat it) When we dispense the need to be 'normal', life gets easier. What works for you is what's normal in your life.
yup. like being the only one at the picnic with a plate fulla burger patties! or the crazy girl eatin her tuna out of the packet with a plastic fork!! who cares! just do it!

another great quote from the book GT!
Old 10-16-2011, 04:02 AM   #503
Blabbermouth!!!

So Linz. I like rules. What are the rules for the challenge? What am I allowed to drink? Are condiments included? Pam spray? Beef broth? or just meat and water and black coffee? I'll leave it up to you. I'll go hardcore if you want to, but my only request is that I get to keep my Crystal Light.
Old 10-16-2011, 10:48 AM   #504
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
Im in!!! This is perfect timing Linz. I was gonna hop on today to tell y'all I was giving up cheese today! Brought a big bowl of kabob meat to work today. Yum!! Meat and cheese has been fun but I havent lost a thing. It is nice to know that I can maintain that way though.. Im ready to drop a few so lets do this!!

and a big hello to everybody!!!
Yipppeeeee!!! So excited Al!! It is really nice to know we can maintain with meat & cheese....I adore cheese, I dream about it, melted & smothered & covered!.....yummmmmmmo! I made these filets with a gorgonzola/mayo sauce last week & it was too good. I ate the whole pan of sauce that included a 1/2 cup of mayo & a load of cheese! Can't do that!
Old 10-16-2011, 10:49 AM   #505
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I agree with this totally!!!! Thanks for posting it GT! When Im skinny, it's impossible for me to even be miserable. Everything is manageable when I dont have to worry about what I look like.
I agree 100%!! Even if my heart is broken, I feel 100 times better than if my heart is broken AND i was fat. Double negative!!! Everything is doable when you're lean & thin!
Old 10-16-2011, 11:07 AM   #506
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Nice to see you dropping in, Al!
Old 10-16-2011, 11:07 AM   #507
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Quote:
I agree 100%!! Even if my heart is broken, I feel 100 times better than if my heart is broken AND i was fat. Double negative!!! Everything is doable when you're lean & thin!
Yup!
Old 10-16-2011, 11:10 AM   #508
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
So Linz. I like rules. What are the rules for the challenge? What am I allowed to drink? Are condiments included? Pam spray? Beef broth? or just meat and water and black coffee? I'll leave it up to you. I'll go hardcore if you want to, but my only request is that I get to keep my Crystal Light.
Ok let's make the rules here. Jump in at any time to add or revise them, k?

Until 10/31 here is the meat only challenge:

1. Eat only meat (& eggs if you want). No dairy products or protein powders (no cream in the coffee!!). Eat til your hearts content of any & all meat! Beef, chicken, turkey, fish, bison, etc etc! The leaner the better!
2. Drink at least 100 oz of calorie free liquids a day! Your bodyweight in ounces is ideal, but aim for a gallon (120 oz)! CL is approved, as is black coffee, tea & diet sodas. Use at your own risk! Plain ole water, of course, yields the best & fastest results! (I myself will be adding some lemonade & cherry limeade CL to my water!)
3. You may have up to 2 tbsps of carb-free, low-fat condiments a day. i.e mustard, low-fat mayo, soy sauce, etc. Pam spray is A-ok! (I need this rule in order to comply!!)
4. You must do some form of exercise 3x's a week! I don't care if it's a 20 minute walk, or 10 push ups. Do something to move & burn some adipose tissue! Got it? Good! Post it once you've done it!
5. You may have clear, carb-free alcoholic drinks 1-2 x's per week. If it leads to eating carbs or a binge.....no more for you until halloween! If you can handle it, have fun
6. You must post every day!! No matter what...we love each & every one of you whether you're on plan or not! Besides, if you cheat, this is the best place to come to get motivated to get back on that horsie!!

How does that sound?? Pretty doable if you ask me! I think I could go on like this forever! I sense a pre-thanksgiving challenge coming after this one's over.....

Ok, feedback needed peeps!! Should we have a rule about posting our weight? I can't wait to be 10-15 lbs lighter by halloween!!

Al - whatcha gonna be eating??
Old 10-16-2011, 11:16 AM   #509
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Has anyone here made it 2 weeks on meat without any carb fallout? If we can give ourselves that, we will have probably dropped 15 pounds, and will want nothing more than to keep on going.. 2 weeks cheat free, brings us to Halloween. Lets get all the carbs out of our system and we wont even think about the candy we are passing out. We can do this!!!
2 weeks carb/cheat-free? I haven't That's why I'm doing this darn challenge.....so many of you have gone MONTHS without cheats & I can't go a friggin' week! I wish they would bottle will power...i am mentally preparing today. I am ready to do this! Am also moving at the end of this month, so I don't want to stress eat. Eating only meat will make the move so much easier!!!!
Old 10-16-2011, 11:18 AM   #510
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I admire your strength & determination! How do you do it? What do you tell yourself to keep on keepin' on?! Do you do social outings or avoid? I don't want to turn into a hermit, but always feel like I fall when I am around others. I can do soooo good for a few days, then go out to dinner & blow it.
Closed Thread