Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2011, 08:37 PM   #391
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Aloha Linz
Stats: 168/161/130 - 5'8"
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 9/5/2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrattyS View Post
It is really torture getting back on plan when you fall off. So far I have been perfect today. I think I will be fine for the rest of the evening.

I was curious. How do most of your do your chicken? Defrost and cook fresh everyday or cook several days at one?
So did you stay on plan the rest of the evening? I'm positive you did!! If I did, I know you did too!! Cause you know what? We're doing this together!! I need ya girl!!

Chicken.....ugh. So over it. However, I tend to crockpot mine in order to make it really moist and yummy. Frozen with onion soup mix or taco seasoning & salsa are my go to's. Putting it in the crockpot frozen ensures the moisture once it's done!! Fresh chicken always dries out for me!! It's hard for me to eat leftovers of stuff I'm not absolutely gaga over. I usually make enough for 2 days....and my dog gets some hearty portions after that

Sponsored Links
Old 10-10-2011, 08:50 PM   #392
Senior LCF Member

Today was a successful day! Yippeee! Feeling under control and that feels GOOOOOOOOOOD. Ate tuna, more tuna, a little of my turkey/beef mixture, and some eggs. Got in around 120 oz of water....errr, crystal light I'm giving up cupcakes this week, then I'll think about giving up crystal light next week. I'm keeping the lesser of the two evils!

Jogged with my dog for half hour this morning, then later did 40 minutes on the treadmill. I usually don't do twice a day workouts, but it just happened today. Want an intense treadmill workout WITHOUT running?

Try this:
Set the incline at the highest you can go (I did 12)
Start at speed 3, and work your way up to speed 4 for 30-60 minutes (I did 40 today). It's grueling and brutal but an amazing, sweaty, low impact workout. Let me know if anyone does this! I know the treadmill isn't very exciting, but the girls keep me company: Gaga, Pink, Katy Perry, Britney....to name a few!!
Old 10-11-2011, 04:52 AM   #393
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
Thank you for the post. It really made my night. Unfortunately I can not blame anyone but myself for my weight gain. I had a hysterectomy, quit smoking, and went through serious depression after having cervical cancer. I literally ate a tub of ice cream and a 12" sub sandwich every night. It is amazing I did not gain more than I did. However...a 70lb gain in less than a year is pretty bad.

I have one friend who thought she was eating healthy, veggies and whole grains all the time. She has 20 lbs and a gluten intolerance to show for it. She is doing low carb and says she feels better than she ever has.
Ugh, I could so kill myself for falling for the vegan thing. What a load of crap.
Old 10-11-2011, 04:54 AM   #394
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloha Linz View Post
Oh Bratty!! - But then 1 days, 2 days, a week, a month are under our belt & we feel better (& leaner) than ever!! Keep checking in here, no matter what! Ok? Pinky swear?

xoxo
Lindsey
Old 10-11-2011, 05:45 AM   #395
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Whew! Got a response from my dad, apparently the info on LC and Crohn's woke him up a bit. Crohn's is the next step after the doctors untreat your UC and will eventually lead to a life of adult diapers, drugs and surgeries then death. I sent him a buttload of links, just hope he actually reads them........
Old 10-11-2011, 07:18 AM   #396
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 195/195/175 5'3.5
WOE: stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011 Restart June 2014
Morning ladies!!!!

Yesterday was thanksgiving so I had the day of, I have eaten so much this weekend IRS crazy and I have 1 more dinner tonight, I have more or less stayed the same weight ( thank you running) so I an happy but I still feel all bloaty and gross .

And because I know you are all dying to know I have hung out with the neighbor a few more times haha
Old 10-11-2011, 08:02 AM   #397
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 233/224/155 5'7"
WOE: Stillman QWL
Start Date: May 1 2014
Quote:
Oh Bratty!! I'm hugging you right now!! It's so hard when you fall...and climbing back on is the hardest part. But then 1 days, 2 days, a week, a month are under our belt & we feel better (& leaner) than ever!! Keep checking in here, no matter what! Ok? Pinky swear?

xoxo
Lindsey
Pinky Swear.

It just feels weird checking in with "Hey! I am pigging out on <whatever crap I am eating>!!" Probably because I know you all will say the things I know I need to hear.

I will make a promise to check in no matter what from now on. I need the accountability.
Old 10-11-2011, 08:05 AM   #398
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
So did you stay on plan the rest of the evening? I'm positive you did!! If I did, I know you did too!! Cause you know what? We're doing this together!! I need ya girl!!

Chicken.....ugh. So over it. However, I tend to crockpot mine in order to make it really moist and yummy. Frozen with onion soup mix or taco seasoning & salsa are my go to's. Putting it in the crockpot frozen ensures the moisture once it's done!! Fresh chicken always dries out for me!! It's hard for me to eat leftovers of stuff I'm not absolutely gaga over. I usually make enough for 2 days....and my dog gets some hearty portions after that
I made it! I am down 1.5 today. I should be fine now. The first day is the hardest for me. That is a good idea with the chicken. I use the onion soup on beef for my husband but I tend to avoid beef on stills. I will try it with the chicken tomorrow.

Taco seasoning is a new one for me. I will have to try it. Chicken is so bleh after awhile. It is great to keep the flavors changing.
Old 10-11-2011, 08:10 AM   #399
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Today was a successful day! Yippeee! Feeling under control and that feels GOOOOOOOOOOD. Ate tuna, more tuna, a little of my turkey/beef mixture, and some eggs. Got in around 120 oz of water....errr, crystal light I'm giving up cupcakes this week, then I'll think about giving up crystal light next week. I'm keeping the lesser of the two evils!
Yay! It always feels great to make it through a day. Good luck giving up the CL. I can't do it. I hate water and would never drink enough of it plain.

I cupcakes! They are not allowed in the house or I would eat them all.
Old 10-11-2011, 08:11 AM   #400
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
Whew! Got a response from my dad, apparently the info on LC and Crohn's woke him up a bit. Crohn's is the next step after the doctors untreat your UC and will eventually lead to a life of adult diapers, drugs and surgeries then death. I sent him a buttload of links, just hope he actually reads them........
Sorry about your dad. I hope he heads your advice and at least gives it a try.
Old 10-11-2011, 08:13 AM   #401
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
Morning ladies!!!!

Yesterday was thanksgiving so I had the day of, I have eaten so much this weekend IRS crazy and I have 1 more dinner tonight, I have more or less stayed the same weight ( thank you running) so I an happy but I still feel all bloaty and gross .

And because I know you are all dying to know I have hung out with the neighbor a few more times haha
That's awesome. If I even look at anything off diet I gain 5 pounds.
I missed who the neighbor is. I am guessing the male variety?
Old 10-11-2011, 08:24 AM   #402
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Crossing my fingers, toes & eyes for your dad CC!!! He's lucky to have you!!!
Old 10-11-2011, 08:26 AM   #403
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Morning ladies!!!!

Happy belated Turkey day Mar!!! Hope you had fun & indulged on some punkin pie & all the fixin's!! I just love the holidays!!

Soooooo.....talk to us about the neighbor boy! What's the scoop?! More bacon?!
Old 10-11-2011, 08:31 AM   #404
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Pinky Swear.

It just feels weird checking in with "Hey! I am pigging out on <whatever crap I am eating>!!" Probably because I know you all will say the things I know I need to hear.

I will make a promise to check in no matter what from now on. I need the accountability.
Yippppppeeeeeeeee!!! thanks for comitting bratty! I can't tell you how many times I've actually logged on, posted, and didn't mention what I ate AT ALL, because I know it was off plan. It was my way of avoiding you guys, yet still staying in touch. My personality is to give up completely if I fail once, so i'm trying so hard to break that and just stay on task! If I were to come on here & tell you I ate my bodyweight in cupcakes, I know you'd say, "come on Linz, don't sweat it! just get right back on the horse! Shake it off! No big thing chicken wing!" Right?! And we'd do the same for you my sweet!!
Old 10-11-2011, 08:35 AM   #405
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I made it! I am down 1.5 today. I should be fine now. The first day is the hardest for me. That is a good idea with the chicken. I use the onion soup on beef for my husband but I tend to avoid beef on stills. I will try it with the chicken tomorrow.

Taco seasoning is a new one for me. I will have to try it. Chicken is so bleh after awhile. It is great to keep the flavors changing.
Woooo hooooo!! Atta girl!! Ok let's drop another pound tomorrow!! I'm drinking my bodyweight in water today.....with CL!

Why do you avoid beef? Does it stall you? I really do well on it....but I know we're all different. The salsa chicken is awesome!! Sprinkle some low sodium taco seasoing all over your breasts (of chicken!!) and then dump a jar of your favorite salsa all over the top. Let it cook for 6-7 hours on low and it's absolutely divine!! Your house will smell insanely yummy. Anything in the crockpot smells insanely yummy though doesn't it?? I the crockpot!!
Old 10-11-2011, 08:43 AM   #406
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Yay! It always feels great to make it through a day. Good luck giving up the CL. I can't do it. I hate water and would never drink enough of it plain.

I cupcakes! They are not allowed in the house or I would eat them all.

Thank you!! It does feel good to make it though a day....let alone getting a stack of days underneath me!! I'm on day 3 now & feel very focused! Praying it lasts this time.

Oh CL...I just feel so weird drinking a big bottle of colored stuff....and the artificial sweetner. It's done nothing to my appetite, so I'm gonna keep drinking it, guess I just don't feel like a good example to the kids I coach when I'm drinking all that "poison" in front of them. I know, I'm taking this a little far!

I'm convinced cupcakes are from the devil! for the past 2 weeks, I've probably spent over $100 at this cupcake store by my house.....they are 3 bucks a pop and the yummiest, moistest, best frosted little darlings I've ever tasted! I can't just get one....I usually walk away with 4! Peanut butter, black & white, strawberry, mango, java chip, carmel macchiato, double vanilla, red velvet, chocolate macadamia nut, pumpkin......oh it goes on & on! One time, I went in and ordered a dozen and was planning on having a binge fest all day, but I forgot my wallet!! Thank gawd....I am sick sick sick!
Old 10-11-2011, 08:46 AM   #407
Senior LCF Member

Ok gang! I'm down 2 lbs today to 162! Praying to be in the 150's by the weekend! I am doing higher fat today since I'm lifting weights at 1 today. I'm eating a big bowl of lean ground beef, lean ground turkey & BACON right now!! Probably 2-3 cups worth. Then I won't have anything til after workout which will be my protein shake, glutamine & BCAA's. And then nothing again til 7, if I'm still hungry. With my work schedule it just works out that way. Have a wonderful day everyone!! I won't be back til tonight to check in!! xoxoxo lindsey
Old 10-11-2011, 09:52 AM   #408
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Morning ladies!!!!

Happy Thanksgiving Mar!!!!!!

I can just picture the scene with you and the new meat, er, man (); you lounging on a chaise while he feeds you bacon, wearing a loincloth and waving a huge feather fan.........
Old 10-11-2011, 09:54 AM   #409
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Pinky Swear.

Quote:

All right girl!!!!!!!!

yeah, tell us when you're feeling the urge to eat crap, we'll cheer you to stay straight!
Old 10-11-2011, 10:00 AM   #410
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Crossing my fingers, toes & eyes for your dad CC!!! He's lucky to have you!!!
thanks girl......if only he felt that way......
Quote:
Happy belated Turkey day Mar!!! Hope you had fun & indulged on some punkin pie & all the fixin's!! I just love the holidays!!

Soooooo.....talk to us about the neighbor boy! What's the scoop?! More bacon?!
see my comment on that boy
Quote:
Yippppppeeeeeeeee!!! thanks for comitting bratty! I can't tell you how many times I've actually logged on, posted, and didn't mention what I ate AT ALL, because I know it was off plan. It was my way of avoiding you guys, yet still staying in touch. My personality is to give up completely if I fail once, so i'm trying so hard to break that and just stay on task! If I were to come on here & tell you I ate my bodyweight in cupcakes, I know you'd say, "come on Linz, don't sweat it! just get right back on the horse! Shake it off! No big thing chicken wing!" Right?! And we'd do the same for you my sweet!!
there is no fail, there is pause, play, and rewind........
Quote:
Woooo hooooo!! Atta girl!! Ok let's drop another pound tomorrow!! I'm drinking my bodyweight in water today.....with CL!

Why do you avoid beef? Does it stall you? I really do well on it....but I know we're all different. The salsa chicken is awesome!! Sprinkle some low sodium taco seasoing all over your breasts (of chicken!!) and then dump a jar of your favorite salsa all over the top. Let it cook for 6-7 hours on low and it's absolutely divine!! Your house will smell insanely yummy. Anything in the crockpot smells insanely yummy though doesn't it?? I the crockpot!!
O girl, have chicken paprika in the crock now.......can't wait til it's done!
Quote:
Thank you!! It does feel good to make it though a day....let alone getting a stack of days underneath me!! I'm on day 3 now & feel very focused! Praying it lasts this time.

Oh CL...I just feel so weird drinking a big bottle of colored stuff....and the artificial sweetner. It's done nothing to my appetite, so I'm gonna keep drinking it, guess I just don't feel like a good example to the kids I coach when I'm drinking all that "poison" in front of them. I know, I'm taking this a little far!

I'm convinced cupcakes are from the devil! for the past 2 weeks, I've probably spent over $100 at this cupcake store by my house.....they are 3 bucks a pop and the yummiest, moistest, best frosted little darlings I've ever tasted! I can't just get one....I usually walk away with 4! Peanut butter, black & white, strawberry, mango, java chip, carmel macchiato, double vanilla, red velvet, chocolate macadamia nut, pumpkin......oh it goes on & on! One time, I went in and ordered a dozen and was planning on having a binge fest all day, but I forgot my wallet!! Thank gawd....I am sick sick sick!
EEK Satan lives near you!

Quote:
Ok gang! I'm down 2 lbs today to 162! Praying to be in the 150's by the weekend! I am doing higher fat today since I'm lifting weights at 1 today. I'm eating a big bowl of lean ground beef, lean ground turkey & BACON right now!! Probably 2-3 cups worth. Then I won't have anything til after workout which will be my protein shake, glutamine & BCAA's. And then nothing again til 7, if I'm still hungry. With my work schedule it just works out that way. Have a wonderful day everyone!! I won't be back til tonight to check in!! xoxoxo lindsey
wooooohoooo now we're talkin! 2 pounds...awwwwwwwwwsommmmme!!
Old 10-11-2011, 11:16 AM   #411
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

I did not eat beef for almost 15 years. I just started again a few years ago. I do not really care for it (except in greasy hamburger form). It is higher calories so I just save it for when I can eat it the way I want to.

Do you add any water to the slow cooker when you use the onion soup and chicken breast?

I almost spit my water out when I read the breast remark.
Old 10-11-2011, 11:17 AM   #412
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Beef turkey and bacon sounds yummy.
Old 10-11-2011, 11:17 AM   #413
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

I can just picture the scene with you and the new meat, er, man (); you lounging on a chaise while he feeds you bacon, wearing a loincloth and waving a huge feather fan.........
Old 10-11-2011, 11:18 AM   #414
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

Awesome cupcakes!
Old 10-11-2011, 07:20 PM   #415
Major LCF Poster!

Day two under my belt. Not too bad feeling either. I usually feel like complete crap on day two. I hope the rest of you had a great day. G'night!
Old 10-11-2011, 08:34 PM   #416
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

Ah ha ha!!! That's hysterical!! GO MAR!! You in all your bacon glory!!
Old 10-11-2011, 08:41 PM   #417
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

O girl, have chicken paprika in the crock now.......can't wait til it's done!

wooooohoooo now we're talkin! 2 pounds...awwwwwwwwwsommmmme!!
CC - anything new from dad?

How do you make the chicken paprika? Sounds yummmmy!

Omg those cupcakes are hysterical and horrible at the same time!! Who on earth would make those?!? So funny!! Must stay away from cupcakes....must stay away from cupcakes....

Thanks for the on the 2 lbs! I'm excited too xoxo
Old 10-11-2011, 08:48 PM   #418
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I did not eat beef for almost 15 years. I just started again a few years ago. I do not really care for it (except in greasy hamburger form). It is higher calories so I just save it for when I can eat it the way I want to.

Do you add any water to the slow cooker when you use the onion soup and chicken breast?

I almost spit my water out when I read the breast remark.

Good call on the beef....everyone has to figure out what works for them! Especially if you're not a big fan! I adore it, and could eat it all day, every day. Well, I guess not all day, cause that's the beauty of Still's...I can't "binge" on protein! Could you imagine trying to binge on chicken?!?

Ooops I forgot to mention that I add about 1/2 cup water to the chciken & soup mix. But no water to the taco seasoning & salsa concoction!

I just had to "go there" with the breasts! I couldn't resisit
Old 10-11-2011, 08:50 PM   #419
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Day two under my belt. Not too bad feeling either. I usually feel like complete crap on day two. I hope the rest of you had a great day. G'night!
Great job my dear!! I'm so glad you don't feel like crap....that's the worst feeling. I had that headache yesterday. Ughhhh! Frontal lobe to the max! Sleep well beauty xoxo
Old 10-11-2011, 08:58 PM   #420
Senior LCF Member

Well guys, I am absolutely, positively, super duperly exhausted!! Not sure if it was the long day, or the lack of eating that did me in, but put a fork in me, I'm done! I had my scheduled beef/turkey/bacon bowl this morning, then my shake during/post workout at about 2ish. Shakes, I feel like, don't even count as meals cause they don't give me any sense of "full". I need to chew my meals! Anyway, didn't eat again til almost 8....I wasn't super hungry, but knew I needed to eat. Was feeling a little shaky & weak. I stopped at Trader Joe's on my way home to pick up a few meaty items.....one of which sparked my fatty appetite was the korean short ribs in the freezer section. They had only 2g carb, but more fat than protein by a lot.... I made them tonight since today was my higher fat day and they were just ok...too much grissle and I just can't eat the grissle like that. Reminds me of The Great Outdoors when John Candy eats the Old 96er!

Here's to another great on plan day tomorrow guys! Love you all, thank you for your support!! It means soooo much to me!! xoxo
Closed Thread