Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2011, 11:11 AM   #361
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mrb76
Stats: 280/251/175
WOE: VSG/lowcarb
Start Date: 11/2/2012
Happy Monday ladies. I have discovered that in addition to cottage cheese, turkey bacon is also a no-no for me. I stayed the same all week until I cut out the damn bacon. Now I'm finally down to 215. Not much loss but at least it's a couple pounds.

I have been so hungry lately! I went through 2 dozen eggs in like 4 days. I don't know why... Plus I'm craving sweets but being good and eating only SF jello in moderation. Perhaps it's due to "my time of the month"...

So, who is celebrating Halloween? And what are you or your kids going to be??? I'm excited and am planning on baking Halloween cookies next week with the kids.

ooh, also, when i was on Atkins i made low-carb cheesecake with fake sugar.. what would happen on Stillman if i hate that one day?? would it react like a carb binge or maybe just stall me for a day or so? anybody tried that?

Last edited by mrb76; 10-10-2011 at 11:14 AM..

Sponsored Links
Old 10-10-2011, 11:48 AM   #362
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
haaaaaaaahahahaa another one thinks she's lucky to have met me thanks kid
Old 10-10-2011, 12:07 PM   #363
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrb76 View Post
Happy Monday ladies. I have discovered that in addition to cottage cheese, turkey bacon is also a no-no for me. I stayed the same all week until I cut out the damn bacon. Now I'm finally down to 215. Not much loss but at least it's a couple pounds.

I have been so hungry lately! I went through 2 dozen eggs in like 4 days. I don't know why... Plus I'm craving sweets but being good and eating only SF jello in moderation. Perhaps it's due to "my time of the month"...

So, who is celebrating Halloween? And what are you or your kids going to be??? I'm excited and am planning on baking Halloween cookies next week with the kids.

ooh, also, when i was on Atkins i made low-carb cheesecake with fake sugar.. what would happen on Stillman if i hate that one day?? would it react like a carb binge or maybe just stall me for a day or so? anybody tried that?
I had a feeling you would have to ditch the bacon.....the turkey has twice the salt of the regular, so you're better off enjoying the real stuff when craving flavor. IMHO.

YAY on the loss!!!!!!!

For us, Samhain begins one or two weekends before with watching all of our holiday appropriate movies.
High Spirits
The Addams Family
Addams Family Values
Dracula, Dead and Loving It
Beetlejuice
Abbott and Costello Meet the Mummy
The Time of Their Lives
Bewitched
Young Frankenstein
the Rocky Horror Picture Show

the eve itself usually ends in a somewhat inebriated state involving lingerie and the camera......

sometimes I get to go to my BFFs block party and hang out with her little one.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN0405-1.jpg (46.9 KB, 13 views)
Old 10-10-2011, 12:18 PM   #364
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
One word----eating!!! No seriously it's not funny!!! I gotta stop!!! Was out with friends and had a bagel and cream cheese. ............and I've just eaten a Cadbury's biscuit thing.
The exercise challenge thing is doing Insanity for 60 days!!! It makes Claire's look eeeeeeezzzzyyyyy!! Eek!!
I want in!!! Where do I get it??? Who is it by?
Old 10-10-2011, 12:22 PM   #365
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
timing chain-drives the valvetrain mechanically with a permanent chain that never needs to be changed.

timing belt-valve train belt driven by a rubber and nylon belt which wears out and has to be changed at regular intervals and can be expensive labor wise, if not changed and belt breaks=belt blows valve train is not managed in sequence and valves go wonky exploding into piston tops=NEW ENGINE $$$$$
You sure know your stuff!!
Old 10-10-2011, 12:24 PM   #366
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloha Linz View Post
makesme - thank you so much for that inspiration!! I'm so excited for you that your jeans are fitting better!!! That is the BEST! I really really want to be where you're at now. And you're right, the only person that can do it, is ME! I've been great today, and see no reason I should fail this week! I need to log in, drink my water, and eat my meat!
That's the way to go, you can do this!
Old 10-10-2011, 12:30 PM   #367
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Makesme - join us on the Insanity 60 day challenge!! We're all a little nuts, so why not, right?!

GT - put down the bagels and walk away!! Shaun T will kick yo' butt!
Yes yes I want to! Gonna see if I can get it on Amazon.
Old 10-10-2011, 12:32 PM   #368
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
So I tried to make my own mayo today....I am using a little fat in my diet, and don't wanna use the icky store bought mayo (thanks CC for the canola heads up). Has anyone ever made their own? It took me 3 times to get the right consistency. I used 1 cup olive oil, 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar, 2 egg yolks & a pinch of salt....poured the oil in veeerrrrrryyyyyy slllllooooooowwwwwww. It just doesn't taste right. Boooo! I folded in some minced garlic after to give it a little kick. I'm scared to try it now! Anyone have some fool proof ways to make some lip-smackin mayo?
Never made my own.
Old 10-10-2011, 12:33 PM   #369
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Down to 164 today. Have a massive headache this morning....feel hungover, yet so undeserved cause I didn't drink!! Gotta love the "induction" phase. Did a mixture of lean ground beef, lean ground turkey & bacon yesterday....so good! I think i have a new game plan....gonna do higher fat on days I lift weights, and lean proteins, low fat on days I don't (cardio days). Today will be lean and mean!! Trying to wait a few hours before I eat. Already ran this morning...fasted state is a great way to burn the fat! The plan is to have tuna & egg whites today! Here's to day 2 of pure meat! I feel so much better, and lighter today. Feels like the swelling, bloating has gone down, and I know it will just keep getting better!!
Wooo hooo and away she goes.
Old 10-10-2011, 12:41 PM   #370
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I had a feeling you would have to ditch the bacon.....the turkey has twice the salt of the regular, so you're better off enjoying the real stuff when craving flavor. IMHO.

YAY on the loss!!!!!!!

For us, Samhain begins one or two weekends before with watching all of our holiday appropriate movies.
High Spirits
The Addams Family
Addams Family Values
Beetlejuice
The Time of Their Lives
Bewitched
Young Frankenstein

the eve itself usually ends in a somewhat inebriated state involving lingerie and the ......

You are to cool! I always burn Frankincense and myrrh, decorate the house a little then take the kids trick or treating and also drink lots of red wine... lurve Samhain.
Old 10-10-2011, 01:34 PM   #371
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

car gal twenty some odd years now, I'm here for you if you ever need me y'all........DH is a certified master tech so I get to pick the mastermind's brain, too.

Yep, it really is my fav time of year.......we get to be all witchy in public
Old 10-10-2011, 01:38 PM   #372
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
car gal twenty some odd years now, I'm here for you if you ever need me y'all........DH is a certified master tech so I get to pick the mastermind's brain, too.

Will take you up on that! We do, we do!
Old 10-10-2011, 01:45 PM   #373
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I remember when we had the A4 I had this cute little plush vampire....I would cinch him into the sunroof so he was popping out of the roof.........the roars on the highway as we drove by...
Old 10-10-2011, 03:04 PM   #374
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 233/224/155 5'7"
WOE: Stillman QWL
Start Date: May 1 2014
Quote:
Way to fight it Becky!!! I haven't been so successful in fighting those urges lately.....and you know what that leads to.....self loathing!!! Don't do it!! I am so far from my stats, the middle number is looking like a dream! What have you been eating lately? I need some menu motivation
I hear you. I am on day one of falling off the wagon. Usually if I make it this far in the day, I am fine. I have the hardest time getting back on once I have stepped off.
Old 10-10-2011, 03:05 PM   #375
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I've always said when you're feeling like stepping off that cliff, turn around and look at how far you've come.....when you give yourself credit for your accomplishments then one little slip really doesn't obscure the bigger (pardon the pun) picture. This is the love and not loathe crossroad.
Very good advice. I need to follow it.
Old 10-10-2011, 03:13 PM   #376
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

Yay for the loss.
We took our kids to Six Flag for their Halloween stuff. They had a blast. Later in the month we will take them to the local mall and highschool to trick or treat.
Old 10-10-2011, 03:18 PM   #377
Major LCF Poster!

It is really torture getting back on plan when you fall off. So far I have been perfect today. I think I will be fine for the rest of the evening.

I was curious. How do most of your do your chicken? Defrost and cook fresh everyday or cook several days at one?
Old 10-10-2011, 04:11 PM   #378
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Quote:

YAY on the loss!!!!!!!

High Spirits
The Addams Family
Addams Family Values
Beetlejuice
The Time of Their Lives
Bewitched
Young Frankenstein

the eve itself usually ends in a somewhat inebriated state involving lingerie and the camera......

You really go all out!! Impressed with the irish!
Old 10-10-2011, 04:14 PM   #379
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:

Honestly, I'd say both. You'll get the sweet taste and just want more. (for me it's the case anyway) Eat as plainly as you can for a few days and the cravings will go. You'll lose fastest like that too. ......and really fake sugar?? Gotta be worse than the real stuff.
Old 10-10-2011, 04:19 PM   #380
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Brat, if you need inspiration just look at your stats. You didn't gain it all overnight and nobody loses it overnight either. You need to be proud of the fact that you decided to undertake this journey, and be proud of the steps that your path has taken you on so far. Sometimes a little look back can spur you onward.

Once you realize that gaining weight was not your fault but the fault of the massive conspiracy of the government agencies, physicians and food lobbyists, it will give you the motivation. You are blameless. Look at the diet industry........they lie to us to make money. As do the other organizations I just mentioned.

So....study, research and be empowered! Now you are armed! The only thing that can stop you is you! We are invincible! We will be the body we want to love! We may falter and stumble, be waylaid but the path is clear and we will find our way back to it. Life happens. Food happens. Food and life can happen happily. Let no one stand in your way.

Follow the yellow brick road. It's a looong one. But at the end you get to click your heels and go home to yourself. You will meet scary, strange and funny things. In the end you will be stronger and more loving when you get there.

Climb every mountain, ford every stream.....'

Last edited by CCGirl; 10-10-2011 at 04:20 PM..
Old 10-10-2011, 04:20 PM   #381
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
I want in!!! Where do I get it??? Who is it by?
A series of DVDs by an American called Sean T! You do it for 60 days-there's a workout schedule! You can google it. They sell it on beachbody-but it's quite dear so I got it on eBay. Apparently the results are amazing!!
Old 10-10-2011, 04:23 PM   #382
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:

Soooooo not a car girl!! Zzzzzzzz!!! ............but really really really want a pink Smart!! I adore that car-it's like a doll's car!!
Old 10-10-2011, 04:29 PM   #383
Big Yapper!!!!

Well I do think we had a (rather big) hand in gaining weight--I don't think it's the gov's fault or a massive conspiracy theory! We ate the stuff!........and (for me anyway) it wasn't all low fat, fat free stuff! I think it's a cop out to say it wasn't your fault.
Old 10-10-2011, 05:19 PM   #384
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

maybe so but we had lots of help from the misinformation out there via bad info.......just sayin'...........
Old 10-10-2011, 05:24 PM   #385
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

maybe I should 'splain myself.

I didn't get to 200 eating ice cream and jelly beans. I was deluded into the thought that whole grains, vegetables and beans were good for me and would make me thin. Years spent eating 'healthy' foods...rice cakes, tofu, veggie burgers, all under the guise that this was better for me and the planet.
Old 10-10-2011, 07:13 PM   #386
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Brat, if you need inspiration just look at your stats. You didn't gain it all overnight and nobody loses it overnight either. You need to be proud of the fact that you decided to undertake this journey, and be proud of the steps that your path has taken you on so far. Sometimes a little look back can spur you onward.

Once you realize that gaining weight was not your fault but the fault of the massive conspiracy of the government agencies, physicians and food lobbyists, it will give you the motivation. You are blameless. Look at the diet industry........they lie to us to make money. As do the other organizations I just mentioned.

So....study, research and be empowered! Now you are armed! The only thing that can stop you is you! We are invincible! We will be the body we want to love! We may falter and stumble, be waylaid but the path is clear and we will find our way back to it. Life happens. Food happens. Food and life can happen happily. Let no one stand in your way.

Follow the yellow brick road. It's a looong one. But at the end you get to click your heels and go home to yourself. You will meet scary, strange and funny things. In the end you will be stronger and more loving when you get there.

Climb every mountain, ford every stream.....'

Thank you for the post. It really made my night. Unfortunately I can not blame anyone but myself for my weight gain. I had a hysterectomy, quit smoking, and went through serious depression after having cervical cancer. I literally ate a tub of ice cream and a 12" sub sandwich every night. It is amazing I did not gain more than I did. However...a 70lb gain in less than a year is pretty bad.

I have one friend who thought she was eating healthy, veggies and whole grains all the time. She has 20 lbs and a gluten intolerance to show for it. She is doing low carb and says she feels better than she ever has.

Courage isn't always a lion's roar. It is sometimes the heart at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow".
Old 10-10-2011, 08:25 PM   #387
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Aloha Linz
Stats: 168/161/130 - 5'8"
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 9/5/2011
Quote:

Hiya MrB!
Yipppeeee on the loss by cutting the bacon!! Such a bummer you have to cut the good stuff though, huh?! 2 dozen eggs in 4 days doesn't seem like that much to me! 6 eggs per day? That's soooo not bad!!!

What are your kiddos gonna be? I'm undecided still...
Old 10-10-2011, 08:27 PM   #388
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

YAY on the loss!!!!!!!

High Spirits
The Addams Family
Addams Family Values
Beetlejuice
The Time of Their Lives
Bewitched
Young Frankenstein

You are adorable!! Love the picture!! Sounds like a rockin' good time at CC's on halloween!! Better wear your good underwear that night!!
Old 10-10-2011, 08:29 PM   #389
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
Yes yes I want to! Gonna see if I can get it on Amazon.
Hopefully you can find it cheaper on amazon or ebay....like GT said, it can be pricey at full price. But sooooo worth it! It's bananas yo!
Old 10-10-2011, 08:33 PM   #390
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrattyS View Post
I hear you. I am on day one of falling off the wagon. Usually if I make it this far in the day, I am fine. I have the hardest time getting back on once I have stepped off.
Oh Bratty!! I'm hugging you right now!! It's so hard when you fall...and climbing back on is the hardest part. But then 1 days, 2 days, a week, a month are under our belt & we feel better (& leaner) than ever!! Keep checking in here, no matter what! Ok? Pinky swear?

xoxo
Lindsey
Closed Thread