Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2011, 05:54 AM   #241
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
it's a fascinator, a mini top hat that sits on top of your head, not like a regular hat that covers your ears.

I decided that sinces I am blessed with the extra long locks to do a french braid from top of head to tail, then curl it into a bun at the back, since not many have the length to carry off a full french......
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN1885.jpg (40.9 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN1935-1.jpg (50.1 KB, 25 views)

Sponsored Links
Old 09-07-2011, 05:56 AM   #242
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrattyS View Post
I have a feeling my number is never going to be low enough. I have thought I was fat even when I was in high school, skinny and VERY athletic. I have always hated my body. I hope that being fat and losing the weight will make me feel better about myself. I guess time will tell.
You will most definitely feel better!!! Like me, you will realize how silly it was to be so hard on yourself back in the day, and you will feel better and more accepting of yourself even if you are a higher weight. Im sure of it!!
Old 09-07-2011, 06:02 AM   #243
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
it's a fascinator, a mini top hat that sits on top of your head, not like a regular hat that covers your ears.

I decided that sinces I am blessed with the extra long locks to do a french braid from top of head to tail, then curl it into a bun at the back, since not many have the length to carry off a full french......
beautiful CC!!! I dont know why i called it a bonnet

you girls like how I got her to post more pics..
Old 09-07-2011, 07:16 AM   #244
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
beautiful CC!!! I dont know why i called it a bonnet

you girls like how I got her to post more pics..
Old 09-07-2011, 07:18 AM   #245
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey Al, how did you make out with Irene.......the farm valleys outside of Albany and over in Vermont got hammered; schools are still closed due to flooding.....
Old 09-07-2011, 08:09 AM   #246
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 235/227/155 5'7"
WOE: Stillman QWL
Start Date: September 2 2014
I love bouncing the same old .2 of a pound since friday. So frustrated. I know it will move soon, but dang.

On a good note. I got to sleep last night. The puppy carried on for about 15-20 minutes then slept or at least was quiet, the rest of the night.

Still nothing from MMS? I hope she posts soon.

The cookies in the car... I would love the smell in my car! Mmmmm
Old 09-07-2011, 10:59 AM   #247
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 195/195/175 5'3.5
WOE: stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011 Restart June 2014
Quote:
Mar,

For me, getting to that magic number changed a few things but not everything. Confidence was boosted and embarrassment was eliminated. I was able to put anything on, and not feel ashamed. No more worries about going out cause everything fit!! I felt great and in control, and it made going out and about much easier because I didnt worry so much about what people thought. Kept my head held high cause I was proud of myself. Thats a good feeling and for me, when Im thinner, my world is right. If Im happy, I want to be out with friends and faamily. When Im overweight, Im sad, and I want to stay home and eat and sleep.:blush:

I think your friends will follow. Be a good example, and hope that they catch on and change their ways. Slowly introduce them to new things and ideas. (I wish my friends would encourage me to get out and move. My LCF buds always do, but I need someone to show up at my doorstep!)

I will always have to battle with my weight if carbs are involved. I've proved that point to myself over and over with each time I go all-meat, I get right back down, and the second I start to add anything, I go right back up. Im an extreme case though. You will be good to go and learn when its ok to have your peanut butter.

So yes Mar, I do think everything will fall into place for you, and if it doesn't, at least you'll be lookin fine and be no worse off. Lets get to 117 together!!!

Oh, and bones wont eat you cause you wont have enough fat on ya to satisify him! You're safe!!
Oh Al how I missed you!

Lets definietly get back to 117 together although if I start to lose the girls I am stopping! haha

I have no PB in my house right now its too dangerous for me!
Old 09-07-2011, 11:18 AM   #248
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Mar, it doesn't happen because you are preserving the lean muscle mass, trust me!
Old 09-07-2011, 11:19 AM   #249
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Al, do you and DH do web design/development? I need to develop mine.......
Old 09-07-2011, 11:25 AM   #250
Major LCF Poster!

I have been so stalled lately swear I have been gaining and losing the same 3 pounds since April! I need someone to kick me in the butt!

I've just been so blah lately when I fist got down to this weight I felt skinny now I just feel llike a cow. Maybe its because at first all my clothes were way to big on me but over the summer I bought clothes so now I fit these ones and they feel tight even though they are the right size, who knows? yet even though I feel like this I am not making an effort to lose any weight, also I still have lots of fat on my body even though I lost 30 pounds, so its making me feel more blah.

Ok enough of the pity party! I have never weighed less than 142.8 sice I started stills (and probably since I was 15) so when I get there I hope you guys help me keep losing past that so I can finally weigh 135 and then 125 and then 117 and then 120 when I start eating normal again
Old 09-07-2011, 11:27 AM   #251
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Mar, it doesn't happen because you are preserving the lean muscle mass, trust me!
yeah I stayed a DD when I lost the first 30 it just went from a tight 36DD to a fitted 34 DD so yes they technically got smaller but they did so proportionately so hopefully the trend continues!
Old 09-07-2011, 02:50 PM   #252
Major LCF Poster!

I have been so desperate for encouragemnt that I am rereading the old threads right now I am on June and i am pretending the encouraging words are for me!
Old 09-07-2011, 02:51 PM   #253
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

just be aware there is no returning to normal eating because LC is normal.....
Old 09-07-2011, 02:52 PM   #254
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

you should be so proud and excited of your accomplishment, don't let three piddly a-- pounds take this away from you!
Old 09-07-2011, 02:59 PM   #255
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
just be aware there is no returning to normal eating because LC is normal.....
I meant normal for me which is low carb with ice cream and PB- the sugary stuff not the healthy natural stuff haha
Old 09-07-2011, 03:46 PM   #256
Major LCF Poster!

Today blows. I have spent most of the day talking myself out of binging. One look at a fat roll and I win... For about 5 minutes. I hope the scale moves tomorrow or this is going to get harder to do.

I think I am having my "must eat everything!" week of the month. It is days like this that I wish they would have took my ovaries.

I think I am going to get me some SF jello next time I go to the store. It kills my stomach but I would LOVE to have some.
Old 09-07-2011, 03:47 PM   #257
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
I meant normal for me which is low carb with ice cream and PB- the sugary stuff not the healthy natural stuff haha

I did not know they had low carb ice-cream. Question is, could I stop at 1/2 cup.
Old 09-07-2011, 03:56 PM   #258
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Macc0021
Stats: Pregnant - trying to keep gains at a minimum! :)
WOE: wheat allergy + low carb + pregnant!
Start Date: Every day!
Quote:
I did not know they had low carb ice-cream. Question is, could I stop at 1/2 cup.
I make my own in my little single-serving Hamilton Beach Half Pint maker!! It's delicious... Just heavy cream, vanilla, and sugar substitute... YUM... I banned myself from it until after the wedding though!! :blush: Custard is amazing in it too

ETA: Breyer's makes a "Carb Smart" ice cream -- it's difficult to find around me and pricey in my opinion... homemade is way better!
Old 09-07-2011, 04:01 PM   #259
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Macc0021
Stats: Pregnant - trying to keep gains at a minimum! :)
WOE: wheat allergy + low carb + pregnant!
Start Date: Every day!
I have my first "hip hop" class tonight!!

I signed up for a weekly class at a dance studio by my house.. that's my workout for the day!! Should be fun!!!!!!
Old 09-07-2011, 08:15 PM   #260
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: cloe147
Stats: 264/248.4/164
WOE: Stillmans QWL
Start Date: September 4th, 2011
@ BrattyS, I completely understand your frustration! I swear I can't even look at the scale sometimes because it's so discouraging. Stay strong! We'll get through this together!
Old 09-07-2011, 08:19 PM   #261
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: cloe147
Stats: 264/248.4/164
WOE: Stillmans QWL
Start Date: September 4th, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macc0021 View Post
I have my first "hip hop" class tonight!!

I signed up for a weekly class at a dance studio by my house.. that's my workout for the day!! Should be fun!!!!!!
That sounds so fun! I wish we had stuff like that in my area.

The other day when I was driving home, the radio started playing "Jump" by Kriss Kross (I'm showing my age here lol) and I started singing along and half dancing in my car. I'm sure other drivers would think I am completely insane if it wasn't for the fact that it was dark out.
Old 09-08-2011, 02:11 AM   #262
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Morning peeps! I had a huge row with DF last night. He came home and started on about my weight and eating etc. Told me I was a 'nightmare' to live with. I had become this crazy person where weightloss and diet had become the most important thing. Think having a load of diet programmes on the DVR was not a good idea!! Lol!! He also told me he didn't find it attractive to be able to count chest bones (one of my fav pasttimes!!-ok I'm being flippant!). He asked where was this going to end, when was I going to be satisfied, and when was he going to get 'me' back?? Ouch.
I dunno-I really did not need him getting on my case. I pretended to be asleep this morning!!!!!!!!

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!(not even chocolate!)
Old 09-08-2011, 04:45 AM   #263
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: VeeH
Hey, everyone! Sorry I've been AWOL. The combination of crappy weather and my broken toe has totally infected my resolve, and I have been eating crap for the past two days--and it shows. I've been catching up on posts this a.m., and I feel motivated to start anew. Today is Day 1.

Sorry this comes so late, CC, but you look great in your wedding pix. More than looking nice and thin, you look happy--just as it should be for a bride on her big day. I wish you continued happiness.

Also, loved all the photos of pups and dogs--I am a huge dog lover and hope to get one within the next year when I'm done with school and my work schedule is predictable.

I could relate to everyone's input about wondering if they'll ever be satisfied when they hit their goal weight, because I wonder this, too, and this is part of my fear. I realize that I am "thin," but my sick mind wants to be "skinny," because I think I look more attractive that way. My fear stems from not wanting to overdo it (although that is a LONG way off in terms of actual pounds). Last time I overdid it I went way overboard and ended up having to go to a residential eating disorder treatment center for 5 weeks. Nightmare! I never want to be force-fed again (especially as it requires ingesting a lot of carbs and Ensure to ramp up speedy weight gain). Arguably, I still have an active eating disorder, and I probably always will. Now THAT is depressing.... But right now I have to concentrate on the present, and my present circumstances are that I have a tummy (HATE that!!!), and I hate, hate, hate my thighs. The tummy issue is resolvable within a few days if I STAY ON STRICT STILLMANS.

Sorry to go on so long: I guess this is my way of talking myself back into getting REALLY on-board. No excuses this time, and I'm going to keep it in the day!

Thanks for letting me vent.
Old 09-08-2011, 04:52 AM   #264
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Morning peeps! I had a huge row with DF last night. He came home and started on about my weight and eating etc. Told me I was a 'nightmare' to live with. I had become this crazy person where weightloss and diet had become the most important thing. Think having a load of diet programmes on the DVR was not a good idea!! Lol!! He also told me he didn't find it attractive to be able to count chest bones (one of my fav pasttimes!!-ok I'm being flippant!). He asked where was this going to end, when was I going to be satisfied, and when was he going to get 'me' back?? Ouch.
I dunno-I really did not need him getting on my case. I pretended to be asleep this morning!!!!!!!!
Sorry you had that row. I wish I had some words of wisdom, but I don't. The only thing I would say is to try to look through his outburst (his anger and frustration) to see where he may have a point. Most likely, he's not so much upset about your weight as he is about any potential obsessiveness that excludes him from the day-to-day. He is in your life and part of your life, and maybe he's feeling nudged aside because he doesn't feel that way anymore. Maybe give him a little space and give yourself a little time to reflect before you address these issues. You don't want to end up in another row by acting prematurely. Good luck!
Old 09-08-2011, 05:34 AM   #265
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post

Girlie, You seem dull to his worries, like finding him funny now, or brushing it off. Im afraid that there will come a time when he cant take it anymore so we are here to help.

He loves you more than anything. He seriously does!! He wants you to be happy and live for a very long time. He's scared that you may be hurting yourself. You two have probably had this talk so many times, and its gotten to the the point where he doesnt know what else to say or how to say it gently. I wouldnt shy away from this talk with him. I would try and understand his point of view ( and dont take his words harshly, you are not a nightmare to him)

Try to make some minor changes. Definitely start with deleting those shows. Check out a youtube vid every now and then, but slowly try to get away from it.

Try to get involved in something. Make new friends! Youve got muscle and endurance, and might have fun in sports, or dance classes like mentioned above. Think outside of the box. Even cooking classes. Imagine how happy he's be if yu whipped him up some french cuisine! I would force a change, GT. If you are scared to try something new, it will get easier after a few times, I promise, and you will end up having fun!!! Take up fire breathing!!!

You deserve a break. I'm not suggesting to change your menus and eat whatever, just try to get into something that will take your mind off fat/skinny/exercise/calories/looks.

I have wasted too many years of my life on diets, and actually, my children cured me to some extent. I no longer CAN focus or obsess on myself. I can't do the wrong things in front of them. I cant exercise 24/7 or only keep tuna in the house. So Im not saying have kids right away (or maybe I am), but know that you wont be able to keep your schedule forever.

Sometimes I go all deep when it may not be necessary, so ignore me if you must. To lighten things up....My hubby would question me too if my DVR were loaded with diet shows. (and as much as I want too I could never load it up with Teen Mom and Jersey Shore - ) Hed think me nuts!!

so my friend, there is so much more to you than your diet. We see it in your posts. You make us laugh, you are the sweetest thing, and I know you are a lot of fun to hang out with. (unless we're in the store competing for the last size extra small, limited edition, hello kitty T!!!!!!! )

Let us know what happens when he gets home tonight, and make sure to have supper waiting!!! ( i need a "Im pointing my finger at you smilie." this'll do)

Old 09-08-2011, 05:47 AM   #266
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Hey Al, how did you make out with Irene.......the farm valleys outside of Albany and over in Vermont got hammered; schools are still closed due to flooding.....
We were fine! Not a drop of water in the basement!! I spent 38 hours at my job (with the kids) cause we were evacuated. It was the best place for us because we had the proper facilities, generators, and such) Hubby stayed home to man the sump pumps. I could have killed him. I was sick with worry. 26 homes ended up in the LI Sound, and about 20 are destroyed. Im a few blocks from a seawall. If I had been on the beach it would have been bad. The fallen trees and destruction this storm caused is unbelievable to me. It was really scary coming back home, watching the waves crash up over the roofs of houses... but now my street looks like it never happened.
Old 09-08-2011, 05:49 AM   #267
Senior LCF Member

GT:

Wise words from Aleriaaa. She is forthright where I was timid, but she is right. And you know what? You CAN make a meal for him AND you (per low-carb/Stillman's)--I do this all the time for hubby by adding some veggies, rice pilaf or baked potato, and garlic bread. He's all over it. Take care, babe.
Old 09-08-2011, 05:50 AM   #268
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Al, do you and DH do web design/development? I need to develop mine.......
We don't do that but he has used models for our own sites. Hes played around with it but doesnt do the code from scratch. I could ask him what he recommends. remind me.
Old 09-08-2011, 05:55 AM   #269
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I couldnt!
Old 09-08-2011, 05:58 AM   #270
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Quote:
Hello my friends!! Hope all is well!! Im ready to get back to it!! I missed you so!! Today is day one for me. Going on a chicken and tuna streak and its back to black for coffee!

Who wants to give me all the updates? I hear a wedding is coming up. CC- I didnt miss it? Did I?? Im so happy for you!!

Looking forward to catching up with my old buddies (I see makeme is here- ) and getting to know everyone else thats hopped on board! Stillmans has been a sure thing for me in the past, and I'm ready to get the same results again!!!

Sadly, I will report my weight has gone from 120 to .... 139.5.

No biggie tho.. I had a blast and I have the secret to get it off again with the quickness.

How is my skinny minnie pal, GT? 116 - I bow down to you!

I hope to check in more and more come tomorrow! Kids are back to school fulltime and its time to get focused!!! missed you all sooooo much!!!!!!
Hi Al! As you know those extra pounds will be gone in no time. So glad you are back...counting on you for some much needed inspiration. Son went back to school yesterday...first day at secondary. The hours are a little longer...8.30 until 5pm...poor boy does not know what hit him.
Closed Thread