Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2011, 01:00 PM   #1021
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Aloha Linz
Stats: 168/161/130 - 5'8"
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 9/5/2011
Does anyone ever get massive cravings for something off plan (waaaaaay off)? I did yesterday, and was ON A MISSION to do some serious cupcake & baked goodies damage. Nothing could stop me....I was having a major talk with myself to not do it, but the little devil in me kept winning! The only thing that saved me was time...I was running late to pick up my niece & nephew. But I almost stopped to binge & was gonna lie why I was so late picking them up. I couldn't do it to them.....they were so excited to go to the game....I could't lie to them! I couldn't believe I talked myself out of it, but man alive! sometimes the feelings are SO strong & all rational thinking is out the window. Things can be going all hunky dory & smooth sailing and then WHAM!!! the craving sets in & I turn into a coneiving, sneaky, junk food seeking, desperate chubby chick! Please tell me I'm not alone here.....and what do you do to fight this? .

Sponsored Links
Old 09-25-2011, 01:12 PM   #1022
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 195/195/175 5'3.5
WOE: stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011 Restart June 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloha Linz View Post
Does anyone ever get massive cravings for something off plan (waaaaaay off)? I did yesterday, and was ON A MISSION to do some serious cupcake & baked goodies damage. Nothing could stop me....I was having a major talk with myself to not do it, but the little devil in me kept winning! The only thing that saved me was time...I was running late to pick up my niece & nephew. But I almost stopped to binge & was gonna lie why I was so late picking them up. I couldn't do it to them.....they were so excited to go to the game....I could't lie to them! I couldn't believe I talked myself out of it, but man alive! sometimes the feelings are SO strong & all rational thinking is out the window. Things can be going all hunky dory & smooth sailing and then WHAM!!! the craving sets in & I turn into a coneiving, sneaky, junk food seeking, desperate chubby chick! Please tell me I'm not alone here.....and what do you do to fight this? .
I get that too once you are well into stills they stop. I think they are from your body burning off the last of the carbs in your system and you crave the worst stuff cuz your body can use it the fastest like ice cream for me!

They only way to fight them is to not give in and make sure you have meat whenever I am not prepared with extra meat I just want junk it's not even like I try and find the best substitute I just go right for he junk haha so from personal experience I would say just make sure you have extra meat on you on those situations I have actually taken hb eggs to a party amd snuck off to have them when I was tempted.... Weird I know, bur it kept me on plan
Old 09-25-2011, 01:56 PM   #1023
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mrb76
Stats: 280/251/175
WOE: VSG/lowcarb
Start Date: 11/2/2012
Quote:
Do I ever! Yesterday in fact I was a car ride away from driving to Target to buy some pretzel M&M's and baking supplies. What stopped me was discovering my Target gift card only had $1 on it and I didn't want to spend "real" money so I didn't go.

Most often I am fine but once in awhile I get a candy or cupcake/cookie craving.

The holidays will be tough!!!! I have a bunch of yummy recipes saved up that I want to bake for my family and I know I'll be so tempted.
Old 09-25-2011, 02:21 PM   #1024
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
And this guy looks as drunk as a fart... has he been out with CC?
LOL you know me too well girl!
Old 09-25-2011, 02:25 PM   #1025
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
Good Saturday evening! I have lost my first pound! Yeah me! I am going to be taking the slow boat to weight loss I'm afraid. But that is fine. I am in much better "head" space than I have been on previous attempts.

I am in serious need of a make-over! I was walking to a meeting last week and caught a glimpse of myself in a window and not only am I fat, but my hair and clothes are not good. I have a very small budget, but I've started looking at catalogs to figure out how to put together a mix and match wardrobe. I've never been good at it before, but I really want to look put together. I'm thinking about weight loss and general appearance as an adventure! This should be fun!
O YAY girl YAY!!!!!!! Stalk the stars that you like and their looks.....and while you lose shop at the thrift stores! Every fashionista has a budget.....
Old 09-25-2011, 02:27 PM   #1026
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzybelle10 View Post
Good evening all, I would love to join your thread. I have been reading here for about two weeks and I must say you guys are wonderful and quite motivating. I am 4 days into Stillmans and after the headaches went away I have been doing pretty good. I have been getting all of my water and my daily menu has consisted of eggs, chicken and tuna. I wanted to ask if anyone knows if crystal light pure will stall you? If so what's everyone drinking?
YAY another stalker.......I mean rookie who studied! I lurked for months!
Old 09-25-2011, 02:30 PM   #1027
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
Today was a pivotal day for me. . I could have really gone off the deep end but I managed to stay pretty focused. Twas busy and barely had time to cook anything. . I did end up having a hot dog and a few pieces of the general TsO chicken but I think all in all . . I did OK. .

I can really tell the difference already. . I mean. .I really haven't lost anything, but the bloat is gone. . yippeee. .I was able to wear my jeans to the football game and didn't feel quite so sausage like as I did last weekend.. so. . even if the scale isn't registering. . I FEEL better and that's Huge. . My mental health is just as important as my physical health. . I've been trying to sleep a lot more this week and I think its working. . . . on that note.. i'm off to lalala land. . gonna try to make the early service at church but I'm not promising!!! Might have to be the 11:00 show. . lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
oh honey, I hear you! QWL does work-full stop. Promise. But everyone is different and so loss rates are different.( i know that sounds crap but it's true unfortunately). I've never had a 10lb loss in a week. And also do you actually lose faster on QWL??? Not really, if you even it out through the whole loss, it just seems as though you do because of the water weight at the beginning.
People will always lose more than you with way less effort----or so it will seem when you're struggling!
My one advice---and I know most people don't reccommend this--but is to stay off the scale. Stick to plan 100% ( it's only advisable if you're on plan) and believe it will work. I mean it works for everyone else, so why wouldn't it for you? Keep saying that, keep to plan, and good things will come!
she's right you know......just sayin'.hang in there kid!
Quote:
Oh I've had that at the checkout!! from a customer!! I was buying -I think 10 pots of cottage cheese! Now in my defense there is only one shop that has the low fat one and it only gets a delivery like once in a blue moon, and it sells out really quickly!! Anyway that's all I had! And the woman in front of me turns around and says ( cattily!) ooooh so much cottage cheese, that reminds me of diet food!!! I thought you cow!!!
BTW I have a feeling that cc is a major staller though, i started to eat it waaaay too late to be able to know it ( i lose nothing now!) but I just have a feeling it might be!! It's handy to bring for lunch-it's slightly less obvious than a can of tuna! The pot ( held right!) can look like a yoghurt!!
LOL GT the food sniper........I lost tons when I first started QWL on it.......ground turkey and CC........tuna's a pain.......damned cans
Old 09-25-2011, 02:38 PM   #1028
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
Hi everyone and welcome newbies!

So I had my 2 bday dinners and they were great I had way too many cookies and cupcakes and last night I had way too many drinks haha

I am scared to weigh myself this morning, ok it's 11am not actually morning but I mentioned the drinks haha, I know if I don't though I'll just keep eating this way tip I do so I better suck it up.

Also not sure if anyone will notice but it's Sunday and I'm posting.....I have Internet again!!!!!!! Well on my NEW phone anyways
can you plug the phone into your computer and use it as a modem??????
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrb76 View Post
Is turkey bacon allowed? I am trying to figure out some other meat options because I am just sick of what I have been eating.

So, what is everyone doing? I have some algebra homework to do and my husband is playing Gears of War 3. Fun Sunday huh.... =)
some eat it but it's so nasty I just do the real thing
Quote:
Poop! oh my, that's funny because I was just telling my kids the other day that since I have been on Stillman my poop is green, dark green. (i'm sure my kids wanted to hear that, right!)

Quote:
Dark green! Yes! Mine might be that!! Just soooo dark! Wonder why???
dunno, no carbs or veggies?
Quote:
nope, once in awhile I want something sweet so I mix SF fruit jam into greek yogurt for a treat...
Quote:
I get that too once you are well into stills they stop. I think they are from your body burning off the last of the carbs in your system and you crave the worst stuff cuz your body can use it the fastest like ice cream for me!

They only way to fight them is to not give in and make sure you have meat whenever I am not prepared with extra meat I just want junk it's not even like I try and find the best substitute I just go right for he junk haha so from personal experience I would say just make sure you have extra meat on you on those situations I have actually taken hb eggs to a party amd snuck off to have them when I was tempted.... Weird I know, bur it kept me on plan
Old 09-25-2011, 02:53 PM   #1029
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 233/224/155 5'7"
WOE: Stillman QWL
Start Date: May 1 2014
Quote:
Hi everyone and welcome newbies!

So I had my 2 bday dinners and they were great I had way too many cookies and cupcakes and last night I had way too many drinks haha

I am scared to weigh myself this morning, ok it's 11am not actually morning but I mentioned the drinks haha, I know if I don't though I'll just keep eating this way tip I do so I better suck it up.

Also not sure if anyone will notice but it's Sunday and I'm posting.....I have Internet again!!!!!!! Well on my NEW phone anyways
Yay for awesome birthdays!
Old 09-25-2011, 02:54 PM   #1030
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
149.8 just made it! It was my goal not to get to 150, I think that was only a 5 pound gain and since I ate my weight in cupcakes that's not bad haha
That's pretty good. I gain about 5-6 when I go off for a day or two.
Old 09-25-2011, 02:55 PM   #1031
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Bratty have you tried Target's Cherry Limeade flavor?? It is SOOOO good! It's like having a cherry limeade from Sonic, without the sugar!! love love love!
Yes it is one of my faves. I like the grape too but it has carbs
Old 09-25-2011, 02:58 PM   #1032
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrattyS View Post
That's pretty good. I gain about 5-6 when I go off for a day or two.
5 or 6 whole pounds when you cheat for a day??? I was planning to enjoy Disneyland this Friday and eat whatever I wanted... this could be a disaster.
Old 09-25-2011, 02:59 PM   #1033
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Well I had a BLAST at the angel game last night with my niece & nephew....they are just so much fun. 10 & 7....I also have a 4 yr old niece but she stayed at home with grandma. I adore being an auntie!! I ate peanuts at the game and then when I got home, I wasn't even hungry, but still had bacon on the brain. So i cooked up the rest of the packet of bacon I had bought that morning...yep! That's right folks, I ate an entire pack of bacon in one day. Can you say 1 million grams of fat & 876 million mg's of sodium!! Wow. My place reeks this morning too....I burned my hand on bacon grease too! Note to self, don't buy bacon right now linz! I'm up 2 lbs today....SHOCKER. I ran this morning and sweated....reduced the post-bacon swelling a bit, I don't feel as puffy. Drinking a TON of water, and have had some lean ground beef.

The good thing from the bacon is it helped me go #2 today! It's been about 5 days....mercy! Can I ask a poop question here? If anyone is sensitive to this crappy talk, please skip past this post!! I don't blame you! Is anyone's poop kind of.....well....BLACK, while doing stills?? Idk, maybe not black, but REALLY dark....and no substance to it....a much different "texture" and shape.....if you will. so sorry!! Omg....wow. I hope you'll still be my friends!!
Holy crap I just spit drink on my screen!
I go about once a week and yes it is dark and weird. I can not even believe I just typed that out for someone to actually read...
Old 09-25-2011, 03:01 PM   #1034
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Lol, no, no hormonal issues. My doc actually checked my thyroid etc. I'm fine. I was actually a lot heavier a couple years ago. I weighed 304 at my heaviest. I went on a hardcore low carb/low calorie diet for 9 months and lost 100 pounds. I was eating nothing but protein shakes and carb free foods. I got so sick of the diet that I began eating normally again and was able to keep off the weight until the holiday season last year. Since then I gradually put back 35 pounds. So here I am, 20 pounds heavier than I was a year or so ago but 80 pounds light than I was 2 years ago.

I just need to put the energy into exercising like I did the first time. I walked like crazy, did 30-day shred, etc.

School - I am a social & behavioral science major at my local college. Algebra is one of my gen ed courses. I plan to get my BA in human services and become a social worker.
100 pounds wow
Old 09-25-2011, 03:03 PM   #1035
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

I get that way about every 2 weeks. It is insane how badly you can want something that is terrible for you. Carbs are evil!
Old 09-25-2011, 03:07 PM   #1036
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
5 or 6 whole pounds when you cheat for a day??? I was planning to enjoy Disneyland this Friday and eat whatever I wanted... this could be a disaster.
LOL it is mostly bloat and is usually back off on my 3rd day back on stills.
Disney is SO much fun. We went to Disneyworld last summer.

The food is so tempting at those places too. We were at Six Flag a couple of weeks ago and all I ate was a turkey leg. I could not believe I was good in the face off all the funnel cakes.
Old 09-25-2011, 03:25 PM   #1037
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrattyS View Post
LOL it is mostly bloat and is usually back off on my 3rd day back on stills.
Disney is SO much fun. We went to Disneyworld last summer.

The food is so tempting at those places too. We were at Six Flag a couple of weeks ago and all I ate was a turkey leg. I could not believe I was good in the face off all the funnel cakes.
Oh, I've done Disney & California Adventure while on my strict low carb. No fun!!!! All I ate was the nasty turkey legs and giant pickles. I have this trip built up in my head though as "junk food" day. My 7 yr old asked if we could eat whatever we wanted and I said yes! They will have the park decorated for Halloween and I'm super excited. I love Disney during the holidays.
Old 09-25-2011, 07:17 PM   #1038
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/177/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Quote:
This is sooooo great!! So happy for you!! Losing inches is just as (if not better than) losing scale weight!! I totally agree on the mental health importance....my physical health is a RESULT of my mental health! xoxo
Thank you Aloha! So glad I logged in tonight. . I'm still hanging on. .didn't make great choices today but I stopped before the damage was too great. I think because I had so much work to do and was stressing about how to get it all done. . I was grazing. . I started out with a bite here and then and ended up biting more. I think the real problem was I never set aside time to sit down and eat a meal. I think that 's important too. From all my years of dieting, I realized that if I don't count it as a meal. .it doesn't count!

I did OK. . and that good for me. . My week will be more structured as I have to work tomorrow. . I guess I'll pack some tuna as my son ate my chicken (Ugg. . I could have shot him. . I carefully hid it in the back of the fridge and he found it!! Errgg. .it was awesome too.. we grilled out. .). . Either way. . I have a plan and will stick to it. .

and for the record. .2 out of 3 sons won their football games this weekend.!!! My Varsity Player is 5 and 0!! One more win and they will qualify for the playoffs!! He's geeked. .(as is his dad. . ) .. . (Yep. .I learned that I have to embrace it rather than fight it. . I can't believe I actually watch it much less cheer!!!).. I think of it as exercise cuz I'm the biggest mouth their and I can't sit down!!!
Old 09-26-2011, 01:09 AM   #1039
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Quote:
149.8 just made it! It was my goal not to get to 150, I think that was only a 5 pound gain and since I ate my weight in cupcakes that's not bad haha
Mmmmmmh cupcakes!!!!
Old 09-26-2011, 01:10 AM   #1040
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Is turkey bacon allowed? I am trying to figure out some other meat options because I am just sick of what I have been eating.

So, what is everyone doing? I have some algebra homework to do and my husband is playing Gears of War 3. Fun Sunday huh.... =)
Some people eat it! Watch the sodium though!

Oh algebra---my fav subject in school---NOT!!!
Old 09-26-2011, 01:12 AM   #1041
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
My body seems to like to be fat I guess..

Mine too!!
Old 09-26-2011, 01:17 AM   #1042
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
I weighed 304 at my heaviest. I went on a hardcore low carb/low calorie diet for 9 months and lost 100 pounds. I was eating nothing but protein shakes and carb free foods.
Wow! Respect! and yay on keeping the weight mostly off!
Old 09-26-2011, 01:20 AM   #1043
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Does anyone ever get massive cravings for something off plan (waaaaaay off)?? .
yup!! Unfortunately!! Then I'm just completely out of control! I tell myself no good comes of it-and usually go workout!!
Old 09-26-2011, 01:22 AM   #1044
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
buy some pretzel M&M's
pretzel M&Ms?????????? Meeeee want!! I love the peanut one -so much more satisfying that the normal!! We don't have pretzel ones! ( thankfully probably!)
Old 09-26-2011, 01:24 AM   #1045
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
I lurked for months!
Gotta say-that still freaks me out!!!
Old 09-26-2011, 05:04 AM   #1046
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
and for the record. .2 out of 3 sons won their football games this weekend.!!! My Varsity Player is 5 and 0!! One more win and they will qualify for the playoffs!! He's geeked. .(as is his dad. . ) .. . (Yep. .I learned that I have to embrace it rather than fight it. . I can't believe I actually watch it much less cheer!!!).. I think of it as exercise cuz I'm the biggest mouth their and I can't sit down!!!
a good football mom! Enjoy it, time is flleeting.......
Quote:
Gotta say-that still freaks me out!!!
I had such a bad experience when I first joined and one of the group got all upside down nasty on me so I studied very carefully the etiquette of the boards......I didn't want the drama the second time around. Plus, I learned a lot about control, self loathing, etc.....
Old 09-26-2011, 05:29 AM   #1047
Big Yapper!!!!

I get where you're coming from!! It's just, I suppose I think if someone 'studies' then I wonder, is what's written slightly 'contrived'? -you know what to say, what will go down well. The newbie knows all about us (well what we write) but we know nothing about them. Dunno!! It's just you don't do that in 'real life' with new co workers or neighbours etc. It's more spontaneous!
But then--this is the only forum or Facebook-esque thing I've ever done!! And I really have never liked the fact that anyone anywhere can read what I write.
I know-I'm just weird!!

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!(not even chocolate!)
Old 09-26-2011, 07:05 AM   #1048
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

not a FBer here either....I thonk that folks who post their whereabouts and pics of their fam are at risk, albeit somewhat small when you consider the scope of the internet and the massive amounts of info out there. That's why I dislike posting pics of myself and will not use a real pic for an avi. All it takes is one sicko........

as for the spontanaeity of the real world, the more we communicate by real time chat and IM the more we lose our social skills and become disjointed when in the real world. I think you will see this first hand being a teach of the young, each class will be more disassociated than the next.
Old 09-26-2011, 08:57 AM   #1049
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lizbob
Stats: 133.6/131.8/115
WOE: LFL
Start Date: 9/26 xmas challenge
Last week of September!

Hi, EVERYBODY! We're getting a nice big group!
Weekend recap:
Ok-went to Festival Saturday, ate fried catfish, shrimp, sausage, light beer, diet soda, 1 praline
Gained an expected lb by Sunday. Only ate salmon and chicken and turkey bacon (and a light beer )
Have lost 1/2 lb this morning.
Had a killer workout at the gym Sunday morning, too sore to do cardio or callanetics this morning. (that smilie is me rolling on floor in gym screaming in pain)
Wearing a white cable knit dress to work today--Wouldn't have been able to do that a month ago!
LET'S GET MOTIVATED AND END THE MONTH AS BIG LOSERS! I would be thrilled to say I lost 5 pounds this month... (never mind that I lost it twice)
Next big event to motivate me is a charity fund raiser in three weeks .

Comments on some of the posts--regarding the overwhelming, irresistible cravings most of us experience, the author of the Thin Commandments says will power has no power against them, all you can do is become familiar with your eating patterns, your trigger foods or trigger incidents, and the time of day when you tend to fall of the wagon. If you know you get cravings between 2-4 pm, plan a preemptive strike snack composed of protein and fiber. Eating even a small amount of bad carbs food like a candy bar adds fuel to the cravings fire.
The same author reports that high-calcium foods like low-fat yogurt and cottage cheese actually accelerate weight loss. I think on Stillman's the carbs in the CC, even though it's an allowed food, may cause problems because it's difficult to eat only a little cottage cheese...
Mar--welcome back! If I can relose the 4 beach pounds, you can relose the 5 birthday pounds pretty quickly.
Have a good monday, sisters!
Old 09-26-2011, 09:43 AM   #1050
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 195/195/175 5'3.5
WOE: stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011 Restart June 2014
Ok guys I need a sugar free substitute for starbucks pumpkin spice latte, I could do coffee but where do I get pumpkin flavour? I know it's around til Xmas but I like to have one once a week so I need an alternative....help!
Closed Thread