Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2011, 03:04 AM   #991
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
Good Saturday evening! I have lost my first pound! Yeah me! I am going to be taking the slow boat to weight loss I'm afraid. But that is fine. I am in much better "head" space than I have been on previous attempts.

I am in serious need of a make-over! I was walking to a meeting last week and caught a glimpse of myself in a window and not only am I fat, but my hair and clothes are not good. I have a very small budget, but I've started looking at catalogs to figure out how to put together a mix and match wardrobe. I've never been good at it before, but I really want to look put together. I'm thinking about weight loss and general appearance as an adventure! This should be fun!
Shopping is always fun!!!

Sponsored Links
Old 09-25-2011, 04:44 AM   #992
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: becky123abc
Stats: 205/196/160 5'5.5"
Congrats Mim!! You are on your way and we are here cheering you on!!

Quote:
Good Saturday evening! I have lost my first pound! Yeah me! I am going to be taking the slow boat to weight loss I'm afraid. But that is fine. I am in much better "head" space than I have been on previous attempts.

I am in serious need of a make-over! I was walking to a meeting last week and caught a glimpse of myself in a window and not only am I fat, but my hair and clothes are not good. I have a very small budget, but I've started looking at catalogs to figure out how to put together a mix and match wardrobe. I've never been good at it before, but I really want to look put together. I'm thinking about weight loss and general appearance as an adventure! This should be fun!
Old 09-25-2011, 04:46 AM   #993
Major LCF Poster!

What a great post!! Congrats IM!! Making it through the weekend is quite an accomplishment!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
Today was a pivotal day for me. . I could have really gone off the deep end but I managed to stay pretty focused. Twas busy and barely had time to cook anything. . I did end up having a hot dog and a few pieces of the general TsO chicken but I think all in all . . I did OK. .

I can really tell the difference already. . I mean. .I really haven't lost anything, but the bloat is gone. . yippeee. .I was able to wear my jeans to the football game and didn't feel quite so sausage like as I did last weekend.. so. . even if the scale isn't registering. . I FEEL better and that's Huge. . My mental health is just as important as my physical health. . I've been trying to sleep a lot more this week and I think its working. . . . on that note.. i'm off to lalala land. . gonna try to make the early service at church but I'm not promising!!! Might have to be the 11:00 show. . lol
Old 09-25-2011, 04:49 AM   #994
Major LCF Poster!

I don't know why folks feel the need to comment on stuff like that. I would never comment unless it was something that looks really yummy! I really like cottage cheese...so much that I have control issues...::::::::sigh::::::: I have control issues with most foods...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Oh I've had that at the checkout!! from a customer!! I was buying -I think 10 pots of cottage cheese! Now in my defense there is only one shop that has the low fat one and it only gets a delivery like once in a blue moon, and it sells out really quickly!! Anyway that's all I had! And the woman in front of me turns around and says ( cattily!) ooooh so much cottage cheese, that reminds me of diet food!!! I thought you cow!!!
BTW I have a feeling that cc is a major staller though, i started to eat it waaaay too late to be able to know it ( i lose nothing now!) but I just have a feeling it might be!! It's handy to bring for lunch-it's slightly less obvious than a can of tuna! The pot ( held right!) can look like a yoghurt!!
Old 09-25-2011, 04:53 AM   #995
Major LCF Poster!

I know people on LCF advise us not to pay too much attention to the ketostix...to become aware of symptoms of ketosis...

But it seems like the past several months I can not stay in ketosis...I used to always register in some shade of pink/purple...now it seems I rarely do. I'm wondering if my vitamins (I take 3x a day) has anything to do with it? I'm going to eliminate and then add back...

I just can't seem to get my groove back...
Old 09-25-2011, 06:53 AM   #996
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 235/227/155 5'7"
WOE: Stillman QWL
Start Date: September 2 2014
Quote:

Congrats on the pound. You definitely earned it. I work from home so dressing up and looking nice is not something I have to deal with. I would be completely lost in the fashion world with my jeans an frumpy t-shirts. Looking at it as an adventure sounds like a fun way to approach it.
Old 09-25-2011, 06:57 AM   #997
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzybelle10 View Post
Good evening all, I would love to join your thread. I have been reading here for about two weeks and I must say you guys are wonderful and quite motivating. I am 4 days into Stillmans and after the headaches went away I have been doing pretty good. I have been getting all of my water and my daily menu has consisted of eggs, chicken and tuna. I wanted to ask if anyone knows if crystal light pure will stall you? If so what's everyone drinking?

I am a drink a target brand CL that has no carbs or calories. On occasion I drink CL that has the calories. I drink it because the thought of drinking a gallon of regular water... To me, it is more beneficial to ensure I have all my fluids in the day.

Day 4! You are past the worst and should be feeling much better if not great. Keep it up, you will not be sorry.
Old 09-25-2011, 06:59 AM   #998
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Today was a pivotal day for me. . I could have really gone off the deep end but I managed to stay pretty focused. Twas busy and barely had time to cook anything. . I did end up having a hot dog and a few pieces of the general TsO chicken but I think all in all . . I did OK. .

I can really tell the difference already. . I mean. .I really haven't lost anything, but the bloat is gone. . yippeee. .I was able to wear my jeans to the football game and didn't feel quite so sausage like as I did last weekend.. so. . even if the scale isn't registering. . I FEEL better and that's Huge. . My mental health is just as important as my physical health. . I've been trying to sleep a lot more this week and I think its working. . . . on that note.. i'm off to lalala land. . gonna try to make the early service at church but I'm not promising!!! Might have to be the 11:00 show. . lol
Good job! The hardest part it making the right food choices when in an environment that is easy to cheat.
Old 09-25-2011, 07:04 AM   #999
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by becky123abc View Post
I know people on LCF advise us not to pay too much attention to the ketostix...to become aware of symptoms of ketosis...

But it seems like the past several months I can not stay in ketosis...I used to always register in some shade of pink/purple...now it seems I rarely do. I'm wondering if my vitamins (I take 3x a day) has anything to do with it? I'm going to eliminate and then add back...

I use the sticks because they enforce my resolve to stay on plan. Weird but it works.
I have found that a lot of spices have hidden carbs and sugar in it. Some say 0 cabs when in fact is is less than 1. It adds up quick. It doesn't take much to get you out of Ketosis.
Old 09-25-2011, 07:50 AM   #1000
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mrb76
Stats: 280/251/175
WOE: VSG/lowcarb
Start Date: 11/2/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
oh honey, I hear you! QWL does work-full stop. Promise. But everyone is different and so loss rates are different.( i know that sounds crap but it's true unfortunately). I've never had a 10lb loss in a week. And also do you actually lose faster on QWL??? Not really, if you even it out through the whole loss, it just seems as though you do because of the water weight at the beginning.
People will always lose more than you with way less effort----or so it will seem when you're struggling!
My one advice---and I know most people don't reccommend this--but is to stay off the scale. Stick to plan 100% ( it's only advisable if you're on plan) and believe it will work. I mean it works for everyone else, so why wouldn't it for you? Keep saying that, keep to plan, and good things will come!
I am going to have to hide my scale in order to stay off it!!!! I also followed advice to up my fat content yesterday, lol, I gained a whole pound.

I will be vigilant and stick to the plan. It just seems like I have been on it forever. Those 2 wasted months while I ate cottage cheese and didn't lose anything.... plus these weeks. I am so sick of chicken and I can't even look at salmon or eggs at all right now =P
Old 09-25-2011, 08:10 AM   #1001
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
: I have control issues with most foods...
meeeeeeee tooooooo!!!!
Old 09-25-2011, 08:12 AM   #1002
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:

Even if i stick rigidly to plan for weeks i don't register anymore-at all. i read if your body is using up all the ketones then you won't get a positive reading on the stix.
Old 09-25-2011, 08:14 AM   #1003
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrb76 View Post
I am going to have to hide my scale in order to stay off it!!!! I also followed advice to up my fat content yesterday, lol, I gained a whole pound.

I will be vigilant and stick to the plan. It just seems like I have been on it forever. Those 2 wasted months while I ate cottage cheese and didn't lose anything.... plus these weeks. I am so sick of chicken and I can't even look at salmon or eggs at all right now =P
Old 09-25-2011, 09:11 AM   #1004
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 195/195/175 5'3.5
WOE: stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011 Restart June 2014
Hi everyone and welcome newbies!

So I had my 2 bday dinners and they were great I had way too many cookies and cupcakes and last night I had way too many drinks haha

I am scared to weigh myself this morning, ok it's 11am not actually morning but I mentioned the drinks haha, I know if I don't though I'll just keep eating this way tip I do so I better suck it up.

Also not sure if anyone will notice but it's Sunday and I'm posting.....I have Internet again!!!!!!! Well on my NEW phone anyways
Old 09-25-2011, 09:21 AM   #1005
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 195/195/175 5'3.5
WOE: stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011 Restart June 2014
149.8 just made it! It was my goal not to get to 150, I think that was only a 5 pound gain and since I ate my weight in cupcakes that's not bad haha

Last edited by Mar922; 09-25-2011 at 09:22 AM..
Old 09-25-2011, 10:40 AM   #1006
Junior LCF Member

Is turkey bacon allowed? I am trying to figure out some other meat options because I am just sick of what I have been eating.

So, what is everyone doing? I have some algebra homework to do and my husband is playing Gears of War 3. Fun Sunday huh.... =)
Old 09-25-2011, 11:03 AM   #1007
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Aloha Linz
Stats: 168/161/130 - 5'8"
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 9/5/2011
Quote:

This is sooooo great!! So happy for you!! Losing inches is just as (if not better than) losing scale weight!! I totally agree on the mental health importance....my physical health is a RESULT of my mental health! xoxo
Old 09-25-2011, 11:09 AM   #1008
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
.::::::::sigh::::::: I have control issues with most foods...
Oh becky me too....when will my thoughts be free from the chains of food and the shackels of carbs?!?! Huggin you!
Old 09-25-2011, 11:10 AM   #1009
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

Hey girl - I wish I had some insight on this. Would be such a shame if something such as your vitamins were throwing you out! I hope you find the source soon!
Old 09-25-2011, 11:13 AM   #1010
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrattyS View Post
I am a drink a target brand CL that has no carbs or calories.
Bratty have you tried Target's Cherry Limeade flavor?? It is SOOOO good! It's like having a cherry limeade from Sonic, without the sugar!! love love love!
Old 09-25-2011, 11:18 AM   #1011
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

Hey Mrb! What did you eat on the hight fat day? I seem to do really well with lean ground beef....either the 96/4 or 90/10. Another good rule of thumb is to stay away from dairy....it has lactose, which is a sugar and will stall those that are sensitive to lactose! I read that most humans are intolerant to dairy....isn't that interesting? I gave it up, and I no longer have sinus issues in the morning. Crazy!

Try ground turkey also. Or tuna mixed with some hard boiled eggs or mustard is yummy too! Get creative with spices & seasonings....it can make or break this diet!! (well at least for me )

Hey where in Socal are you? I'm in orange county!
Old 09-25-2011, 11:21 AM   #1012
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
So I had my 2 bday dinners and they were great I had way too many cookies and cupcakes and last night I had way too many drinks haha
Mar sounds like you had a GREAT bday!! and only 5lbs up from the cupcakes & drinks is not bad!! It WAS your bday after all! Planned cheats are part of any diet....time to get right back on the horse! We're here waiting & cheering you on!
Old 09-25-2011, 11:24 AM   #1013
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloha Linz View Post
Hey Mrb! What did you eat on the hight fat day? I seem to do really well with lean ground beef....either the 96/4 or 90/10. Another good rule of thumb is to stay away from dairy....it has lactose, which is a sugar and will stall those that are sensitive to lactose! I read that most humans are intolerant to dairy....isn't that interesting? I gave it up, and I no longer have sinus issues in the morning. Crazy!

Try ground turkey also. Or tuna mixed with some hard boiled eggs or mustard is yummy too! Get creative with spices & seasonings....it can make or break this diet!! (well at least for me )

Hey where in Socal are you? I'm in orange county!
I ate lean ground beef. I mixed approx 1/3 pound with one egg and made a huge burger. It was the 93/7 mix.

As far as dairy - I eat ZERO. My first 2 month stint on Stillams was a total flop and we discovered it was the cottage cheese. So I am purely on eggs and meat. And I hate ground turkey -so nasty!!! lol

My body seems to like to be fat I guess..

I am in the Antelope Valley. We moved here 2 years ago from the SFV. I will be in your neck of the woods Friday tho as I am taking my 7 yr old to Disneyland.
Old 09-25-2011, 11:27 AM   #1014
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Is turkey bacon allowed? I am trying to figure out some other meat options because I am just sick of what I have been eating.
So, what is everyone doing? I have some algebra homework to do and my husband is playing Gears of War 3. Fun Sunday huh.... =)
In all honesty I have turkey bacon quite a bit....about 3-4 strips in the morning with eggs or egg whites. It never seems to stall me. The only thing I would caution you against is the sodium levels, which can reflect as a slight gain on the scale. Are you exercising/sweating during the day? That helps me sweat out any water from foods that are higher in sodium during the day....plus the gallon & 1/2 of water I drink!

Ground turkey, tuna, lean ground beef (90/10 or 96/4), Filet mingon, tilapia, cod, buffalo or bison, lean stew meat, crockpot chicken, lean turkey bacon, lean pork tenderloin or chops....there's more options my dear!! Now go get shoppin & stock up! Use the crock pot! I adore this for stillmans....some onion soup mix & you've got yourself a fantabulous meal!

What kind of school are you in that you're doin algebra? You go girl!! I am working a little (I'm a personal trainer & swim coach.....have a few private clients today), then have my nephew's 10th bday party tonight! Just say no to cake! I frosting!
Old 09-25-2011, 11:41 AM   #1015
Senior LCF Member

Well I had a BLAST at the angel game last night with my niece & nephew....they are just so much fun. 10 & 7....I also have a 4 yr old niece but she stayed at home with grandma. I adore being an auntie!! I ate peanuts at the game and then when I got home, I wasn't even hungry, but still had bacon on the brain. So i cooked up the rest of the packet of bacon I had bought that morning...yep! That's right folks, I ate an entire pack of bacon in one day. Can you say 1 million grams of fat & 876 million mg's of sodium!! Wow. My place reeks this morning too....I burned my hand on bacon grease too! Note to self, don't buy bacon right now linz! I'm up 2 lbs today....SHOCKER. I ran this morning and sweated....reduced the post-bacon swelling a bit, I don't feel as puffy. Drinking a TON of water, and have had some lean ground beef.

The good thing from the bacon is it helped me go #2 today! It's been about 5 days....mercy! Can I ask a poop question here? If anyone is sensitive to this crappy talk, please skip past this post!! I don't blame you! Is anyone's poop kind of.....well....BLACK, while doing stills?? Idk, maybe not black, but REALLY dark....and no substance to it....a much different "texture" and shape.....if you will. so sorry!! Omg....wow. I hope you'll still be my friends!!
Old 09-25-2011, 11:44 AM   #1016
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I ate lean ground beef. I mixed approx 1/3 pound with one egg and made a huge burger. It was the 93/7 mix.

As far as dairy - I eat ZERO. My first 2 month stint on Stillams was a total flop and we discovered it was the cottage cheese. So I am purely on eggs and meat. And I hate ground turkey -so nasty!!! lol

My body seems to like to be fat I guess..

I am in the Antelope Valley. We moved here 2 years ago from the SFV. I will be in your neck of the woods Friday tho as I am taking my 7 yr old to Disneyland.
Oh dang girl!! I was gonna suggest the lean ground beef! booooo!! Keep on truckin'....it WILL get easier & you will lose!! Do you have any hormonal issues that could be the culprit? Thyroid or the like?

Antelope Valley, right on! Have fun at Disneyland! (go for one of those neanderthal turkey legs!!) We were up in anaheim last night at the angel game! I live in south OC....mission viejo area.
Old 09-25-2011, 11:53 AM   #1017
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Oh dang girl!! I was gonna suggest the lean ground beef! booooo!! Keep on truckin'....it WILL get easier & you will lose!! Do you have any hormonal issues that could be the culprit? Thyroid or the like?

Antelope Valley, right on! Have fun at Disneyland! (go for one of those neanderthal turkey legs!!) We were up in anaheim last night at the angel game! I live in south OC....mission viejo area.
Lol, no, no hormonal issues. My doc actually checked my thyroid etc. I'm fine. I was actually a lot heavier a couple years ago. I weighed 304 at my heaviest. I went on a hardcore low carb/low calorie diet for 9 months and lost 100 pounds. I was eating nothing but protein shakes and carb free foods. I got so sick of the diet that I began eating normally again and was able to keep off the weight until the holiday season last year. Since then I gradually put back 35 pounds. So here I am, 20 pounds heavier than I was a year or so ago but 80 pounds light than I was 2 years ago.

I just need to put the energy into exercising like I did the first time. I walked like crazy, did 30-day shred, etc.

School - I am a social & behavioral science major at my local college. Algebra is one of my gen ed courses. I plan to get my BA in human services and become a social worker.
Old 09-25-2011, 11:55 AM   #1018
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Well I had a BLAST at the angel game last night with my niece & nephew....they are just so much fun. 10 & 7....I also have a 4 yr old niece but she stayed at home with grandma. I adore being an auntie!! I ate peanuts at the game and then when I got home, I wasn't even hungry, but still had bacon on the brain. So i cooked up the rest of the packet of bacon I had bought that morning...yep! That's right folks, I ate an entire pack of bacon in one day. Can you say 1 million grams of fat & 876 million mg's of sodium!! Wow. My place reeks this morning too....I burned my hand on bacon grease too! Note to self, don't buy bacon right now linz! I'm up 2 lbs today....SHOCKER. I ran this morning and sweated....reduced the post-bacon swelling a bit, I don't feel as puffy. Drinking a TON of water, and have had some lean ground beef.

The good thing from the bacon is it helped me go #2 today! It's been about 5 days....mercy! Can I ask a poop question here? If anyone is sensitive to this crappy talk, please skip past this post!! I don't blame you! Is anyone's poop kind of.....well....BLACK, while doing stills?? Idk, maybe not black, but REALLY dark....and no substance to it....a much different "texture" and shape.....if you will. so sorry!! Omg....wow. I hope you'll still be my friends!!
Poop! oh my, that's funny because I was just telling my kids the other day that since I have been on Stillman my poop is green, dark green. (i'm sure my kids wanted to hear that, right!)
Old 09-25-2011, 12:36 PM   #1019
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Lol, no, no hormonal issues. My doc actually checked my thyroid etc. I'm fine. I was actually a lot heavier a couple years ago. I weighed 304 at my heaviest. I went on a hardcore low carb/low calorie diet for 9 months and lost 100 pounds. I was eating nothing but protein shakes and carb free foods. I got so sick of the diet that I began eating normally again and was able to keep off the weight until the holiday season last year. Since then I gradually put back 35 pounds. So here I am, 20 pounds heavier than I was a year or so ago but 80 pounds light than I was 2 years ago.

I just need to put the energy into exercising like I did the first time. I walked like crazy, did 30-day shred, etc.

School - I am a social & behavioral science major at my local college. Algebra is one of my gen ed courses. I plan to get my BA in human services and become a social worker.
Good for you for getting so much weight off!! You know it works....and now adding in exercise will be the boost you need! I think along with posting your menus daily, you should also post whether you exercised or not...accountability is a wonderful thing!
Old 09-25-2011, 12:37 PM   #1020
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Poop! oh my, that's funny because I was just telling my kids the other day that since I have been on Stillman my poop is green, dark green. (i'm sure my kids wanted to hear that, right!)
Dark green! Yes! Mine might be that!! Just soooo dark! Wonder why???
Closed Thread