Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2011, 09:52 AM   #961
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
And this guy looks as drunk as a fart... has he been out with CC?

Last edited by makemeslim; 09-24-2011 at 10:30 AM..

Sponsored Links
Old 09-24-2011, 10:55 AM   #962
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mrb76
Stats: 280/251/175
WOE: VSG/lowcarb
Start Date: 11/2/2012
Good morning ladies and thanks for the welcome. What is everybody doing this weekend? We are actually house hunting again. We put an offer in on a short sale last Saturday but the owner is still contemplating the offer and we are sick of waiting. Any experience with home buying anybody?? =)

So, I hate to be the miserable one but....it's been almost a whole week now with no loss and this was only week 2 on the diet. Is this normal? Should I have a few carbs to shock my body then get back on plan tomorrow? I am so frustrated that even this diet may not work for me!
Old 09-24-2011, 11:42 AM   #963
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
Does she smoke???
Well so I read----and ya know Now and Heat are always accurate!!!!
Old 09-24-2011, 11:45 AM   #964
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
They all look as though they've taken 'a little something'!!! ......oh peeps we gotta stop!! Insulting the smileys is prob against the rules!!
Old 09-24-2011, 11:50 AM   #965
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrb76 View Post
Good morning ladies and thanks for the welcome. What is everybody doing this weekend? We are actually house hunting again. We put an offer in on a short sale last Saturday but the owner is still contemplating the offer and we are sick of waiting. Any experience with home buying anybody?? =)

So, I hate to be the miserable one but....it's been almost a whole week now with no loss and this was only week 2 on the diet. Is this normal? Should I have a few carbs to shock my body then get back on plan tomorrow? I am so frustrated that even this diet may not work for me!
What's a short sale? At the moment Ireland doesn't really have a housing market!
Nooooooo stay away from the carbs. There's no way your body needs a shock with them. You most likely are still losing fat, your body has just filled those cells up with water and soon it'll release them-then you'll getthe so-called whoosh. Have you a lot to lose? If you only have a little then your losses will be realky slow. Hang in there-don't cheat!!!
Old 09-24-2011, 11:53 AM   #966
Big Yapper!!!!

Oh if you really want to then up the fat content a lot for a day-that sometimes breaks a stall for some, but honestly I think a week is too short to really be called a stall. The problem with upping the carbs is that you'll be kicked out of ketosis so the 3 day misery will start all over again!
Old 09-24-2011, 12:12 PM   #967
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/176/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Oh I just googled The Dinosaurs-now I can spell it!! It was 'not the mama' .......oh happy memories!!!!
Land Before Time series. .
Old 09-24-2011, 12:51 PM   #968
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
What's a short sale? At the moment Ireland doesn't really have a housing market!
Nooooooo stay away from the carbs. There's no way your body needs a shock with them. You most likely are still losing fat, your body has just filled those cells up with water and soon it'll release them-then you'll getthe so-called whoosh. Have you a lot to lose? If you only have a little then your losses will be realky slow. Hang in there-don't cheat!!!
Ok, i just hear about all this great weight loss and wonder why the heck it isn't working for me!
A short sale is when the owners of the house owe more to the bank than it is currently worth. So basically the offer has to be approved by the owner AND the bank, it can take months.

Yes, I have a lot to lose. I am currently 218 and 5'5".
Old 09-24-2011, 12:57 PM   #969
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 238/227/155 5'7"
WOE: Stillman QWL
Start Date: November 10 2014
Quote:

Old 09-24-2011, 01:00 PM   #970
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

House buying is a nightmare. We did it 6 years ago. I don't think I have fully recovered from it yet.

Don't give in to the stall. I do the same thing. I think my body saves all the loss for one big whoosh. I usually screw up and cheat and regret it later. You do not want to go through carb withdrawls again. It is so not worth it. If you think your body needs a shock maybe eat some higher fat/calorie items for a couple meals and see if it helps.
Old 09-24-2011, 01:02 PM   #971
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
Land Before Time series. .
My little people like the land before time a lot. It is an adorable show.
Old 09-24-2011, 01:07 PM   #972
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Ok, i just hear about all this great weight loss and wonder why the heck it isn't working for me!
A short sale is when the owners of the house owe more to the bank than it is currently worth. So basically the offer has to be approved by the owner AND the bank, it can take months.

People only tend to make a big deal about the weight when they are losing. Most don't post when they are struggling. (i think) With the exception of the hard core regulars. Hang in there. This works and one day you will be surprised how fast it actually came off. You and I are close in weight. I am 5'7 and 208 now. I was at 227 when I started last month. I have made the mistake of eating carbs twice so far and it has slowed me down. I wish I would have never done it. Eat some sugar free jello or up your fat if you get frustrated and need change. Avoid carbs like the plague.

Courage isn't always a lion's roar. It is sometimes the heart at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow".
Old 09-24-2011, 01:12 PM   #973
Major LCF Poster!

I took a 2 and a half hour nap and feel much better.

My husband and I love the sauce combination we are eating on our chicken so much we mad e a big batch of it.

It is
1/3c Lite soy sauce
1/3 Sriracha sauce
2.5 ml of ezsweetz (we used a medicine cup)

It is about 1.5 carbs per 1T
Since using this I can now eat chicken all day again. I figure if it is keeping me on plan then the small fraction of carbs is worth it since it is not enough to knock me out of Ketosis.
Old 09-24-2011, 03:06 PM   #974
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Aloha Linz
Stats: 168/161/130 - 5'8"
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 9/5/2011
Quote:
Oh yeah lets do it together!!!! Deffy!!! I'm gonna ( try and!) do it as a series! The results look amazing!!! I need something better-as in cardio wise. I find I'm no where near out of breath at all with what I'm doing now!
Yippeeee!! This will be so fun to have an Insanity accountability buddy!! Your heart rate SKY ROCKETS on it! I've worn a heart rate monitor during the workout before & I pretty much maxed out! Hurts so good!
Old 09-24-2011, 03:09 PM   #975
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrattyS View Post
I took a 2 and a half hour nap and feel much better.

My husband and I love the sauce combination we are eating on our chicken so much we mad e a big batch of it.

It is
1/3c Lite soy sauce
1/3 Sriracha sauce
2.5 ml of ezsweetz (we used a medicine cup)

It is about 1.5 carbs per 1T
Since using this I can now eat chicken all day again. I figure if it is keeping me on plan then the small fraction of carbs is worth it since it is not enough to knock me out of Ketosis.

Hey bratty what's sriracha sauce? is it the rooster hot sauce? I just got some lite soy sauce today so might try this concoction you've been using.... looks scrumtious!
Old 09-24-2011, 03:11 PM   #976
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
ALERIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA---come back to us!!!
I second that!! I'm new here, but feel like I know ALL of you from reading sooooo many of your previous posts! We need you AL!!
Old 09-24-2011, 03:13 PM   #977
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Do you guys get Pixie Lott??? love her!!! Her new song -All ABout Tonight -is really catchy!!
Oh yeah, I'm a pop girl!!!!
I just listened to it on you tube & it's really fun! What a great workout song!! I like pop too...especially to run/workout to! It's just, FUN!
Old 09-24-2011, 03:16 PM   #978
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrattyS View Post
I have severe mitrovalve prolapse. Stimulants of any kind including natural hormones from TOM ( Wish I would have let them take my ovaries) or working out causes heart palpitations.
Awww, bless your heart Bratty. I'm so sorry!! Is there a cure/treatment?
Old 09-24-2011, 03:27 PM   #979
Senior LCF Member

Down another lb today! At 159 today....almost back to my stats when I first started Stillmans back in early september & lost about 6 lbs. I went up to 166 last week with major carb bingeing.

Have had bacon & eggs today! Oh dear!

Went to trader joes today & bought the following:
Filet Mignon
Lean Ground Beef
Ground Turkey
Eggs
10 cans of Tongol (a "species" of tuna, but cheaper than tuna)
Crock pot roast
Turkey Bacon
Bacon ends & pieces

The checkout guy was like, "soooo....lots of meat here!" I was so embarassed! I said "ya, it's meat day. I already have everything else like fruits & veggies at home so just stocking up on meats today....." Lawsie mercy! Anyone else struggle in the checkout line with piles upon piles of meat?!?!

Going to the Angels game with my niece & nephew tonight! Not sure what my options will be, but planning on a stadium dog or 2, sans bun!

haven't gotten a workout in today, planned a run with my dog this morning, but sleep triumphed...and that's ok. Sleep is precious to me cause I really don't sleep as much as I need to during the week. Up at 4:30 every day & struggle getting to bed before 10. Just not enough....and if we don't get enough sleep, it's harder to lose fat! I'd rather get enough sleep & keep my eats in check...if I get a workout in then it's an added bonus!

hope everyone is staying on track during the weekend!! We can do it!! xoxoxo

Last edited by Aloha Linz; 09-24-2011 at 03:32 PM..
Old 09-24-2011, 04:33 PM   #980
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloha Linz View Post
Awww, bless your heart Bratty. I'm so sorry!! Is there a cure/treatment?
There is surgery but my mitral valve is not damaged enough for it. I can take beta blockers to control the palpitations but they make me feel even worse.
Best treatment for me has been avoidance of all stimulants. I have lived with this most of my life so I am mostly used to it. I can work out in moderation but when I am over 200 it doesn't take much to be too much.
Old 09-24-2011, 04:35 PM   #981
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloha Linz View Post
Down another lb today! At 159 today....almost back to my stats when I first started Stillmans back in early september & lost about 6 lbs. I went up to 166 last week with major carb bingeing.

Have had bacon & eggs today! Oh dear!

Went to trader joes today & bought the following:
Filet Mignon
Lean Ground Beef
Ground Turkey
Eggs
10 cans of Tongol (a "species" of tuna, but cheaper than tuna)
Crock pot roast
Turkey Bacon
Bacon ends & pieces

The checkout guy was like, "soooo....lots of meat here!" I was so embarassed! I said "ya, it's meat day. I already have everything else like fruits & veggies at home so just stocking up on meats today....." Lawsie mercy! Anyone else struggle in the checkout line with piles upon piles of meat?!?!

Going to the Angels game with my niece & nephew tonight! Not sure what my options will be, but planning on a stadium dog or 2, sans bun!

haven't gotten a workout in today, planned a run with my dog this morning, but sleep triumphed...and that's ok. Sleep is precious to me cause I really don't sleep as much as I need to during the week. Up at 4:30 every day & struggle getting to bed before 10. Just not enough....and if we don't get enough sleep, it's harder to lose fat! I'd rather get enough sleep & keep my eats in check...if I get a workout in then it's an added bonus!

hope everyone is staying on track during the weekend!! We can do it!! xoxoxo

Nice, way to go on the pound.
I get a few looks when I buy 2 weeks of chicken breast from Costco for both my husband and I on stills.
Old 09-24-2011, 04:57 PM   #982
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Good Saturday evening! I have lost my first pound! Yeah me! I am going to be taking the slow boat to weight loss I'm afraid. But that is fine. I am in much better "head" space than I have been on previous attempts.

I am in serious need of a make-over! I was walking to a meeting last week and caught a glimpse of myself in a window and not only am I fat, but my hair and clothes are not good. I have a very small budget, but I've started looking at catalogs to figure out how to put together a mix and match wardrobe. I've never been good at it before, but I really want to look put together. I'm thinking about weight loss and general appearance as an adventure! This should be fun!
Old 09-24-2011, 04:59 PM   #983
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: jazzybelle10
Stats: 263/243/150
WOE: Still mans/ Atkins- Long term Induction
Start Date: re-up 9-22-2011
Returning newbie?repeat offender

Good evening all, I would love to join your thread. I have been reading here for about two weeks and I must say you guys are wonderful and quite motivating. I am 4 days into Stillmans and after the headaches went away I have been doing pretty good. I have been getting all of my water and my daily menu has consisted of eggs, chicken and tuna. I wanted to ask if anyone knows if crystal light pure will stall you? If so what's everyone drinking?
Old 09-24-2011, 08:23 PM   #984
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzybelle10 View Post
Good evening all, I would love to join your thread. I have been reading here for about two weeks and I must say you guys are wonderful and quite motivating. I am 4 days into Stillmans and after the headaches went away I have been doing pretty good. I have been getting all of my water and my daily menu has consisted of eggs, chicken and tuna. I wanted to ask if anyone knows if crystal light pure will stall you? If so what's everyone drinking?
Hi Jazzy. I won't give any advice since I'm brand new to this board and really don't know anything =P. I also drink Crystal Light so I'd like the answer to that as well. Anyways, I am a mommy of 3, wife, and full time college student. Nice to meet you.
Old 09-24-2011, 09:07 PM   #985
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

My two cents! Water is always the best. . but I know some of the peeps on here lose well drinking crystal light. . some peeps stall. . I think it really depends on your body and you really have to do what works for you! I used to be able to drink anything but find that artificial sweetners will slow you down a bit and will cause cravings!!! hope this helps!
Old 09-24-2011, 09:09 PM   #986
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Welcome Jazzy and Mrb. . .

and for the record. Mrb are my initials, too Mr. B!!!!
Old 09-24-2011, 09:15 PM   #987
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Today was a pivotal day for me. . I could have really gone off the deep end but I managed to stay pretty focused. Twas busy and barely had time to cook anything. . I did end up having a hot dog and a few pieces of the general TsO chicken but I think all in all . . I did OK. .

I can really tell the difference already. . I mean. .I really haven't lost anything, but the bloat is gone. . yippeee. .I was able to wear my jeans to the football game and didn't feel quite so sausage like as I did last weekend.. so. . even if the scale isn't registering. . I FEEL better and that's Huge. . My mental health is just as important as my physical health. . I've been trying to sleep a lot more this week and I think its working. . . . on that note.. i'm off to lalala land. . gonna try to make the early service at church but I'm not promising!!! Might have to be the 11:00 show. . lol
Old 09-25-2011, 03:54 AM   #988
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:

oh honey, I hear you! QWL does work-full stop. Promise. But everyone is different and so loss rates are different.( i know that sounds crap but it's true unfortunately). I've never had a 10lb loss in a week. And also do you actually lose faster on QWL??? Not really, if you even it out through the whole loss, it just seems as though you do because of the water weight at the beginning.
People will always lose more than you with way less effort----or so it will seem when you're struggling!
My one advice---and I know most people don't reccommend this--but is to stay off the scale. Stick to plan 100% ( it's only advisable if you're on plan) and believe it will work. I mean it works for everyone else, so why wouldn't it for you? Keep saying that, keep to plan, and good things will come!

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!(not even chocolate!)
Old 09-25-2011, 04:02 AM   #989
Big Yapper!!!!

Oh I've had that at the checkout!! from a customer!! I was buying -I think 10 pots of cottage cheese! Now in my defense there is only one shop that has the low fat one and it only gets a delivery like once in a blue moon, and it sells out really quickly!! Anyway that's all I had! And the woman in front of me turns around and says ( cattily!) ooooh so much cottage cheese, that reminds me of diet food!!! I thought you cow!!!
BTW I have a feeling that cc is a major staller though, i started to eat it waaaay too late to be able to know it ( i lose nothing now!) but I just have a feeling it might be!! It's handy to bring for lunch-it's slightly less obvious than a can of tuna! The pot ( held right!) can look like a yoghurt!!
Old 09-25-2011, 04:03 AM   #990
Big Yapper!!!!

Yay on the no bloating Im2!! I love that about lc-you just always feel so light and flat!!
Closed Thread