Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2011, 02:24 PM   #751
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
It's 94 degrees here in South Texas. How is the weather in London?
I recall spending a week in London one January. Stayed in a charming old hotel that only had hot water twice during my stay. I chose warmth over hygiene most days. Didn't stop me from having a wonderful time!

Typical... we had rain today although it did brighten up at some point. Which part of London did you stay in?

Last edited by makemeslim; 09-21-2011 at 02:26 PM..

Sponsored Links
Old 09-21-2011, 02:31 PM   #752
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
O I love Kate, I would never diss her...honestly, I can't get enough of all of them, and I've never been a celeb hound in my life, except when Diana was alive.......so sad about Wills last rescue and he was 'inconsolable' when the rescue went awry.....that must have been a tough evening at the cottage.......

Ole, ole ole ole.......if you do see the LKB's that Kate has, the nude strappy sandal, swipe them up for me! I have no idea what I would wear them with, being a jeans and tee shirt gal mostly, but I will find something.........Love you UK girls, all a skirting and so, we schlep over here

Old 09-21-2011, 02:32 PM   #753
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

and so happy Harry dumped Flee!!!!!!!!
Old 09-21-2011, 02:38 PM   #754
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
O I love Kate, I would never diss her...honestly, I can't get enough of all of them, and I've never been a celeb hound in my life, except when Diana was alive.......so sad about Wills last rescue and he was 'inconsolable' when the rescue went awry.....that must have been a tough evening at the cottage.......

Ole, ole ole ole.......if you do see the LKB's that Kate has, the nude strappy sandal, swipe them up for me! I have no idea what I would wear them with, being a and tee shirt gal mostly, but I will find something.........Love you UK girls, all a skirting and so, we schlep over here

Will do... I am after some leather skinny jeans with the knee patch detail like VB wore recently...yep that will be my xmas outfit...need to reach goal to get in them.
Old 09-21-2011, 02:39 PM   #755
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
and so happy Harry dumped Flee!!!!!!!!
Totally!
Old 09-21-2011, 02:44 PM   #756
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 238/227/155 5'7"
WOE: Stillman QWL
Start Date: November 10 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloha Linz View Post
Hey Bratty!
I take primrose oil, along with fish oil, to have a good balance of omega 3 & 6 fatty acids and for the hormonal balance it provides. Not to mention the wonders it does for my hair, skin & nails. here's a good article on the benefits!

Evening Primrose Oil Benefits & Information

Thanks! I may have to start taking it again I used to take it for severe breast tenderness each month.
Old 09-21-2011, 02:47 PM   #757
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Well girls, as I mentioned to CCgirl in my post above, I feel like I'm suffering from paralysis of analysis....I am my own worst enemy in the battle of the bulge!! I read & read & read and always think "this diet will be my savior!" When in reality, if I can't friggin' commit to ONE, no diet is gonna save my chubby butt! I don't have resolve anymore....although I do feel the most peace about doing low carb and low fat (not zero fat). I just can't "pinpoint" what exact diet I am following?? My struggle again lies in my workouts & needing fuel for intense weight lifting workouots. Do you guys think veggies would be enough carbs to fuel workouts? I've done some research to suggest yes.....but I don't know. I have a mental block against doing too much fat, so I will work on adding more, but it's a mental thing I need to get past. Here's why: fat is the LEAST thermogenic macronutrient, so it doesn't burn nearly as quickly as protein & carbs. Protein is by far the most thermogenic (meaning it stimulates the metabolism the most). Second is natural, fiber containing complex carbs (i.e. fiberous veggies & whole grains and natural starches like brown rice, oats & sweet potatoes). I've thought of maybe cycling days of pure stillman's on days I don't weight train & stillman's plus veggies on days I do. I am going to experiment a little in the next few weeks to see what works best for me in terms of weight loss, how I feel during the day, how I feel during workouts, etc...

I think as long as I commit to doing stillman's, whether it's with veggies or not, will be what makes me succeed. Everytime I "faux-commit" & then veer off to another diet, I always binge on something as a last chance meal before starting my next latest & greatest fad. Last night I had 4 cupcakes....not mini ones, regular size, yummy ooey gooey, from a cupcake bakery, cupcakes. All because I couldn't decide whether to add a freakin' asaragus spear! Umm, linz? Hello! Just go with the damn spear & avoid the cupcake debacle all together! Sound logical, right? So here's my new commitment to myself & to you guys.....if I can't stick to strict stillman's, I will stick to a healthy variation that includes veggies....I know I won't gain weight from eating broccoli. Will it be slower loss? Maybe, but i'm ok with that if I feel good & see results. Am I even making sense??

Ok, my rant is done....is everyone just as confused as I am after reading my post?!
You will find what is right for you. It looks like Mar had some good advice about checking the variant stills.
Old 09-21-2011, 02:48 PM   #758
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
Still At 144.8 today I need to stop weighing daily because a 1day stall makes me go off plan.... I only had a bran muffin but still went off plan.

Oh well I moved on from it and am having chicken today as long as I can maintain through the weekend I will be happy
There is no spanking emoticon!
I hear you one the stalls. They kill me every time.
Old 09-21-2011, 02:50 PM   #759
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizbob View Post
Love the middle aged text codes!

Here's my report card so far today:
Lost another pound, so lost 2 of the 4 gained at the beach.
Did Callanetics early this morning.
Salmon Burger for BKF (2 carbs)
4 Turkey bacons slices for snack (0 carbs)
Salmon fillet for lunch (2 carbs)
SF Jello for lunch (?carbs, not many, I think)

Back atcha' with more details!

Everyone....Be....Good....
Awesome. Only 2 more to go.
Old 09-21-2011, 02:54 PM   #760
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
CC, tests did not show anything particular. Consultant said, normal bloods is not necessarily an indication of well being. He also said that because the lymph runs over the jugular and another major vein, no surgeon would be happy about touching it at this point. I asked him outright what he thought it might be and he told me straight he had no idea...so I can only really go on no news is good news really.
Mar, Happy Birthday for tomorrow.
I am happy that nothing came up that said you absolutely had cancer. That is always a good thing. If you are still uneasy or concerned I would get a second opinion. Especially if it changes at all.
Old 09-21-2011, 03:01 PM   #761
Major LCF Poster!

I have a new love of chicken when eaten with lite soy sauce, ezsweetz, and Sriracha sauce. Yummy!
Old 09-21-2011, 03:04 PM   #762
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrattyS View Post
I am happy that nothing came up that said you absolutely had cancer. That is always a good thing. If you are still uneasy or concerned I would get a second opinion. Especially if it changes at all.
Thanks BrattyS.
Old 09-21-2011, 03:06 PM   #763
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I have a new love of chicken when eaten with lite soy sauce, ezsweetz, and Sriracha sauce. Yummy!
Mmmmm. The light SS we have here has more carbs than the regular.... or is it the dark that has more?
Old 09-21-2011, 03:17 PM   #764
Major LCF Poster!

Turning in girls... be back tomorrow.
Old 09-21-2011, 03:19 PM   #765
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lizbob
Stats: 133.6/131.8/115
WOE: LFL
Start Date: 9/26 xmas challenge
MakemeSlim--I don't remember where I stayed in London, because it was in 1977 (the year of the Queen's Jubilee?). I've returned 4-5 times since then, too.
Are you planning to have any more tests?
Old 09-21-2011, 04:05 PM   #766
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
Totally!
not to diss her either, but her fam is scary.......the weirdo brother with the tats........and modeling, wouldn't that be considered chav of a royal? unless dhe donates her salary to charity, of course..........

g'nite girl, sweet dreams
Old 09-21-2011, 05:18 PM   #767
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: sunny6007
Stats: 255/244/180
WOE: Stillman
Start Date: 9/21/2011
Hi, I am new

does anyone have a menu for following the Stillman program?
Old 09-21-2011, 08:19 PM   #768
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Aloha Linz
Stats: 168/161/130 - 5'8"
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 9/5/2011
Quote:
O please do, you're surrounded out there and it really is unsustainable for the earth and your body...............Redondo in '83..........when you goys were all born, right? I don't want to hear it
CC - I read through the Naive Vegetarian.....wow! Thank you thank you! I have so many questions though...you have opened my eyes to so much. You don't have to answer all of my questions because I think as I type. I see that grains are not meant for us...in no shape or form. But what about fruits & vegetables? I know we're not a vegetarian species, but why can't they be eaten in small amounts? Aren't they nutritious for us & have proper anti-oxidants, vitamins & minerals? I'm only questioning this because this is all I know.....it's the only way I've eaten! How will I get the essential vitamins & minerals veggies & fruits provide. And anti-oxidants? I take vitamins...is that enough? I hadn't thought of doing Stillman's as a lifestlye before....now I am. Before it was just a diet. I guess the only way I will learn if I am "OK" without fruits & veggies is to DO IT. I'm sure I'll be ok....I've read thousands of posts from people doing this for years & are happier and healthier than ever!! I come from very "clean eating" roots, so bare with me in my separation anxiety from the flora & fauna!
Old 09-21-2011, 08:22 PM   #769
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizbob View Post

It's 94 degrees here in South Texas. How is the weather in London?
I recall spending a week in London one January. Stayed in a charming old hotel that only had hot water twice during my stay. I chose warmth over hygiene most days. Didn't stop me from having a wonderful time!
Liz - where are you in south texas? I was just in San Antonio over labor day! I love it in Texas....my heart is in Austin
Old 09-21-2011, 08:30 PM   #770
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny6007 View Post
Hi Sunny!

I'm rather new too, but a lot of people have great success with the lean proteins to start....i.e chicken, tuna, white fish, turkey. If you get tired or hit a stall after the first week or so, add some fat like ground beef or other cuts of beef. Today my menu was:

Meal 1: 1 whole egg, 4 egg whites
Meal 2: 4-5oz of lean stew meat
Meal 3: 4oz lean ground beef (10%)
Meal 4: 4oz lean ground beef (10%)
Meal 5: 3 oz tuna w/ a dap of lowfat regular mayo & mustard
Meal 6: 3 more oz of the tuna mixture

1 gallon of water

All the Stillman's experts will weigh in as soon as they log in & steer you in the right direction as well! hope this was helpful! Good luck girl, you will do great!!
Old 09-21-2011, 08:32 PM   #771
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Mmmmm that sound delish!! Love new ideas to spice it up!!
Old 09-21-2011, 08:43 PM   #772
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/176/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Welcome everyone!! I have to apologize again for the fly by. . I can't believe how much time it takes running the boys, getting dinner and then cleaning the kitchen, homeowork, etc. I suppose because its still nice, I just wanna be outside, too! did I mention, I have 3 kids in football (2 in different towns!) and one in band, who has a job. . Yippeee!!! Still working full time and running the business at night. . no wonder I don't have time for me!!

anyway. . my third day is done (I'm heading to bed) and I stuck to "my" plan and have been very, very good. I brought some no-no's into the house for the boy's breakfast and I kept my chubby little fingers off! Yay, me!!

Ok. .2 more days of clean eating and I must start my exercise plan! My weight was stilll the same this morning but my rings are spinnning tonight so I think some of the water weight is gone!

Good night, ladies! I'm so happy to have you all on my team.

Let's Roll!!!

Huggs to all!
Old 09-22-2011, 04:21 AM   #773
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morn my losing peeps! Dang that went by fast! Morning already and I forgot to weigh in! Too late too cuz I already ate so wd tomorrow!

What is your plan today peeps?
Old 09-22-2011, 04:23 AM   #774
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks for the fish oil reminder. I always forget that one cuz I store them in the freezer to avoid the aftertaste later! It works great
Old 09-22-2011, 05:20 AM   #775
Major LCF Poster!

Last edited by makemeslim; 09-22-2011 at 05:23 AM..
Old 09-22-2011, 05:28 AM   #776
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
I'm baaaaacckkkk! I was abducted by aliens from a far far away galaxy and they force fed me carbs and laughed at me. But I am free now!

I have had a very tough year - and of course, I ate my way through it. But I am in good space now and ready to be serious about getting the weight off. I have to confess ('cause confession is good for the soul) that I have been checking on everyone here. Part of the reason I was only lurking is because I didn't have internet and posting from my phone is a pain.

I'm eating higher fat than Stills allows, but when I start the higher fat makes life a bit easier.
Old 09-22-2011, 06:38 AM   #777
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny6007 View Post
newbies, please study!

Legal Stillman Recipe Index
Quote:
CC - I read through the Naive Vegetarian.....wow! Thank you thank you! I have so many questions though...you have opened my eyes to so much. You don't have to answer all of my questions because I think as I type.

I see that grains are not meant for us...in no shape or form. But what about fruits & vegetables? I know we're not a vegetarian species, but why can't they be eaten in small amounts? Aren't they nutritious for us & have proper anti-oxidants, vitamins & minerals?

I'm only questioning this because this is all I know.....it's the only way I've eaten! How will I get the essential vitamins & minerals veggies & fruits provide. And anti-oxidants? I take vitamins...is that enough? I hadn't thought of doing Stillman's as a lifestlye before....now I am. Before it was just a diet. I guess the only way I will learn if I am "OK" without fruits & veggies is to DO IT. I'm sure I'll be ok....I've read thousands of posts from people doing this for years & are happier and healthier than ever!! I come from very "clean eating" roots, so bare with me in my separation anxiety from the flora & fauna!
sorry, it's really that simple...

The Naive Vegetarian
Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
Welcome everyone!! I have to apologize again for the fly by. . I can't believe how much time it takes running the boys, getting dinner and then cleaning the kitchen, homeowork, etc. I suppose because its still nice, I just wanna be outside, too! did I mention, I have 3 kids in football (2 in different towns!) and one in band, who has a job. . Yippeee!!! Still working full time and running the business at night. . no wonder I don't have time for me!!

anyway. . my third day is done (I'm heading to bed) and I stuck to "my" plan and have been very, very good. I brought some no-no's into the house for the boy's breakfast and I kept my chubby little fingers off! Yay, me!!

Ok. .2 more days of clean eating and I must start my exercise plan! My weight was stilll the same this morning but my rings are spinnning tonight so I think some of the water weight is gone!

Good night, ladies! I'm so happy to have you all on my team.

Let's Roll!!!

Huggs to all!
Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
Good morn my losing peeps! Dang that went by fast! Morning already and I forgot to weigh in! Too late too cuz I already ate so wd tomorrow!

What is your plan today peeps?
cofee............
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
I'm baaaaacckkkk! I was abducted by aliens from a far far away galaxy and they force fed me carbs and laughed at me. But I am free now!

I have had a very tough year - and of course, I ate my way through it. But I am in good space now and ready to be serious about getting the weight off. I have to confess ('cause confession is good for the soul) that I have been checking on everyone here. Part of the reason I was only lurking is because I didn't have internet and posting from my phone is a pain.

I'm eating higher fat than Stills allows, but when I start the higher fat makes life a bit easier.
MIIIIIIMMMMMMMMM
Old 09-22-2011, 07:29 AM   #778
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post

Hi Mim.
Old 09-22-2011, 07:39 AM   #779
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

OK kids, I am posting this in condensed form so you all can understand the science of why fruit and veg is a 'yeah, okay..or no, thanks' option and not a requirement in the human diet, which should be modeled after what wild carnivores eat. I have been learning to watch what the kitties eat and go with it. Yes, Bluto adores spicy chicken wings and steak, but shys away from tuna (what does he know anyway), and loves blue cheese dressing, and has eaten romaine at times.

the whole piece, backed up with documented evidence, is here Why Five Portions of Fruit and Veg? -1 - Second Opinions

Why You Shouldn't Eat 5 Portions
The public is completely unaware that the strength of the message is not matched by the strength of the evidence. DR BARNETT KRAMER

In Britain we have been told to eat "five portions of fruit and vegetables a day" for ever, it seems. The question is: Why? because there doesn't seem to be any evidence that doing so will make us healthier.

We interviewed several dieters about their experiences on various slimming regimes; they reported on the benefits of low-carb, high-fat diets. But wanting to be unbiased and put both sides of the debate, we also interviewed three general medical practitioners and three nutritionists / dieticians.

One of the dieticians, I'll call her Jane, came to be interviewed directly from the British Dietetic Association (BDA) headquarters in London. During the interview, I asked Jane why the BDA recommended five portions of fruit and vegetables a day. 'Because that's healthy eating,' she told me. 'Yes', I said, 'but what is the basis for the recommendation — the evidence?' Jane told me that it was government advice. 'But,' I persisted, 'that isn't evidence.' I asked again on what evidence the recommendations were based: Which study or studies had shown that 'five portions' was healthy?' 'It's healthy eating', she replied. I didn't continue: it was obvious that we were going to get nowhere; that she had no idea why she recommended five portions.

I tried another tack. The BDA and American Dietetic Association base their recommendations on The Framingham Heart Study. I knew that this study had been misrepresented so I decided to ask for her comments on the various pronouncements from Framingham that did not agree with the BDA's recommendations. I started by asking: 'Would you agree with me that the Framingham Study is the world's most respected study into the dietary causes of heart disease?'

'What's the Framingham Study?' she asked. Well, that stopped me in my tracks and, although I did ask further questions, it effectively finished the interview.

Jane was paid her £150 fee and left. A week later her cheque was returned with a letter from her solicitor warning us that action would be taken if we used any part of her interview in the video.

Jane's was not an isolated case. In the end, although we used material from all the doctors, we couldn't in all conscience use material from any of the nutritionists / dieticians without compromising their careers. It was obvious even to the camera crew that none of them knew their subject.

The science is flawed
It's not difficult to see that the science behind the '5 portions' recommendations is flawed if you compare the portion sizes as defined by US and UK governments, which show wide discrepancies. If the recommendations were made on the basis of a rational analysis of a coherent body of data then one would expect the recommendations on both sides of the Atlantic to be similar. But they aren't.

Supposed benefits
The two countries also claim different benefits from eating '5 portions'. The American Dietetic Association says:

'Research has shown that eating 5 A Day reduces the risk of cancer, heart disease, stroke, diabetes, and other diseases. Cancer, heart disease, and stroke are the three leading causes of death in this country. People who eat 5 A Day have a third of the risk of developing cancer as those who eat only 1-2 servings a day. In fact, eating a diet rich in fruits and vegetables could prevent more than 20 percent of cancer deaths each year.'
'It's hard to go wrong if you fortify your diet with colourful foods. Almost every one of them is loaded with disease-proofing compounds.'
While, here in Britain, we are told simply that:

'The Government recommends an intake of at least five portions of fruit or vegetables per person per day to help reduce the risk of some cancers, heart disease and many other chronic conditions.'
In the rest of this article, we will look in detail at the evidence — which actually shows that eating 'five portions' is not healthy

Whenever studies such as these are reported, the diet police repeat their dogma that eating the recommended number of fruit and vegetables has numerous health benefits. But they never seem able to quote any evidence to support those assertions or to specify exactly what the benefits are. In view of the above evidence, that will probably come as no real surprise.

Dr Barnett Kramer, of the National Institutes of Health in the US, said of the healthy eat*ing message: 'A lot of the public is completely unaware that the strength of the message is not matched by the strength of the evidence.' That we are kept unaware of it demonstrates just how strong is the influence the diet dictocrats on our minds and the news media.

Animals n their natural habitat rarely get infectious diseases; neither do 'primitive' humans, despite the fact that they do not have the 'benefits' of our sterilized lifestyle. Nature ensured that we should not suffer sickness and death through infections by endowing all animals with a very effective immune system. But we in western industrialized societies seem to have lost or compromised our natural powers of protection. The evidence suggests that at least part of our loss of immunity to infectious disease lies in our incorrect diet. The good news is that we can regain our immunity quite easily.

The role of refined carbohydrates in respiratory problems was demonstrated dramatically in a study comparing the Kikuyu and Maasai tribes.[8] The Kikuyu, living mainly on cereals, had a death rate from bronchitis and pneumonia which was ten times higher than that of the meat-eating Maasai. A similar comparison carried out at a girls' boarding-school found the same: researchers demonstrated that the incidence of colds among the girls was directly related to the amount of sugar each consumed. Their evidence showed that the girls who drank fizzy drinks and ate sweets and other refined carbohydrates suffered many more respiratory problems and colds than girls who did not. The advice given to reduce the likelihood of getting a cold was to cut out sugar and eat no bread or other products that contain either wheat or rye.

In the constant fight against disease, our bodies have a sophisticated defence mechanism — our immune system. Part of this system are cells called neutrophils, a type of leukocyte or white blood cell, which circulate in our blood streams and mop up any bacteria, viruses or other foreign bodies they come across. This process is called phagocytosis. While this process is an energy requiring mechanism that needs an adequate supply of the blood sugar, glucose, too much glucose has the effect of reducing the neutrophils' ability to ingest and kill off invading bacteria.

Forty years ago researchers carried out a series of studies that examined how the sugar we eat weakens the ability of white blood cells to destroy bacteria. The results of the study, tabled below, showed that if a person ate no sugar for twelve hours, each white blood cell could destroy an average of fourteen bacteria. As sugar intake was increased, so the numbers of bacteria consumed was lessened, until, by the time twenty-four teaspoons of sugar were consumed (the amount in a medium piece of cheesecake or a milk shake), the white blood cells were so compromised that they could only destroy an average of one bacterium each.[9] The implications of this study should be obvious. Eat white sugar and you severely compromise your body's ability to fight infections.

But white granulated sugar is only one form of 'sugar' that we eat. In 1973 another study was performed to check the effects of a range of sugars on our immune system. In it, after an overnight fast and after their leukocytes had been tested for phagocytosis activity and their leukocytic index (LI) had been recorded, subjects were fed one-hundred grams of a specific carbohydrate — a sugar or starch.[10] The table below shows that all forms of carbohydrate — starch as well as sugars — reduced the white blood cells' effectiveness at destroying bacteria and other micro-organisms.

Based on these studies, any person who eats largely carbohydrate-based meals, particularly those containing sugars, and snacks with carbohydrate-based meals spread throughout the day — as the latest advice suggests we should — could lose up to half their immunity to disease for much of the waking day.

We already know that diabetes is caused by excessive intake of carbohydrates.[12] Excessive carbohydrate intake may also be why diabetics have been found to have impaired phagocytic activity when compared to normal subjects, and are thus at significantly greater risk.[13] Current dietary advice should be reviewed to ensure that diabetics are even more careful not to consume a carbohydrate and particularly a fruit based diet.

Every day we are all attacked by things that could start a cancer: particles in the air we breathe, the water we drink and the food we eat. It is estimated that at any one time we have thousands of potentially cancerous cells circulating in our bodies. But in a healthy body these are mopped up by our immune system before they can get a foothold. You will see, therefore, that just as healthy leukocytes can stop us catching a cold, they could also stop us from getting cancer.

In which case, you won't be surprised to learn that a claim that increasing sugar intakes by eating more fruit and vegetables reduces the risk of, say, breast cancer, seems to be without foundation. To test this claim, researchers at seventeen cancer research centres in the USA, Germany, Netherlands, and Sweden examined the association between breast cancer and total and specific fruit and vegetable group intakes. Their studies included 7,377 incident invasive breast cancer cases occurring among 351,825 women. They found no association for green leafy vegetables, eight botanical groups, and seventeen specific fruits and vegetables and concluded:

'These results suggest that fruit and vegetable consumption during adulthood is not significantly associated with reduced breast cancer risk.[14]

I could go on b ut I won't. This should be the wake up call for anyone who has stumbled onto LC. It is a way of life that can save your life or at least make it healthier and longer. Sugar and carbs have no place in the human diet. You can eat them if you like. If you eat them in excess they will eventually kill you.

so..........I choose life!
Old 09-22-2011, 07:44 AM   #780
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Mimmmmm!!!! is that really you!!!!
Closed Thread