Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2011, 08:35 PM   #691
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Aloha Linz
Stats: 168/161/130 - 5'8"
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 9/5/2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
Good day so far. . gonna drink me some more water and think about hitting the hay. . TOM has taken over so I'm gonna give in and rest!!

Have a great day tomorrow, everyone!!!
You got this girl!! TOM is such an unwelcome visitor, isn't he?? He makes me wanna go to bed too. Hope you sleep well, beauty

Sponsored Links
Old 09-19-2011, 08:37 PM   #692
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
every day is a gift, that's why it's called the present.........

my BFF called me last nite waaaaaahing about how she's 25lb overweight, has a hernia and tendonitis....she bellydances for excersize and well being......

was going on about how the Skinny ****** vegetarian regimen worked for her......y'know, the one that made me into a balloon........I broke down and sent her some LC/Paleo links...........we'll see........
So did your friend say anything about the links you sent her?? Dying to know!
Old 09-19-2011, 08:40 PM   #693
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
I have been alternating strike stills (just chicken, tuna and cl) with what stills says you can have (cottage cheese, ketchup, jello) and added cream in my coffee and it's working great because I get the quick loss and slightly slower loss but it's all going down and I am feeling less deprived
so I am happy and hope to be down to 140 for my bday on thurs and I'm eating whatever then cuz you only get to turn 26once
Mar why is it called "strike stills"?? So glad the combo is working for ya!! A loss is a loss right?! Enjoy your bday girl! 140 would be a great gift!
Old 09-19-2011, 08:43 PM   #694
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrattyS View Post
I have had 2 eggs, 2 cans of tuna, about 4 ounces of chicken breast, and a salmon fillet today. .. OH and 1 string cheese. I think I may have eaten a bit too much now that I actually see the list of food. At least there are no carbs. I will eat less tomorrow.
That doesn't sound like too much to me! How much do you normally eat? Maybe your body will consider it a needed refeed! I always like to keep my body guessing by eating different qty's and different protein sources. Then we never adapt...and hopefully never stall!
Old 09-19-2011, 08:52 PM   #695
Senior LCF Member

After my down & out post yesterday, I have more resolve of what I want to do for my eating plan. I think a combo of Still's with a few veggies & some oats/sweet potatoes to fuel my workouts & keep my muscles pumped will be my plan. I hope it's ok if I still post here? I adore you guys & really need the accountability. Today went well and I feel good about my choices today. Here's what my day looked like:

30 minute run
meal 1 - 6 egg whites & 1/2 cup oats
Meal 2 - 3 oz slow cooker chicken (with onion soup mix...yummmm!)
Workout - weights
Meal 3 - workout shake
Meal 4 - 3 oz slow cooker chicken, 5 primrose oil caps
Meal 5 - 3 oz tuna w/ 1 cup chopped zucchini (I added 1 tsp lowfat canola mayo & 1 tsp mustard to my tuna) & 5 fish oil caps

I haven't been able to workout like I like to on strict still's, so the addition of the oats & workout shake today really fueled me & I know my muscles absorbed the carbs like a sponge! Rapid glucose transportation straight to the muscles....not to my thighs!

Wishing you ALL a very clean & lean Tuesday!!! xoxoxo

Last edited by Aloha Linz; 09-19-2011 at 08:54 PM..
Old 09-20-2011, 04:34 AM   #696
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrattyS View Post
You do laid back stills?
yep, pretty much. I'm strict when I feel like it and if I want a higher fat day I do it.
I'm pretty cool with going from a 10-12 to a 6. I want to enjoy my clothes for a bit before having to downsize again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloha Linz View Post
So did your friend say anything about the links you sent her?? Dying to know!
not yet. I sat her down in front of the biggie, I can only hope the light bulbs go off.....

The Naive Vegetarian

Quote:
After my down & out post yesterday, I have more resolve of what I want to do for my eating plan. I think a combo of Still's with a few veggies & some oats/sweet potatoes to fuel my workouts & keep my muscles pumped will be my plan. I hope it's ok if I still post here? I adore you guys & really need the accountability. Today went well and I feel good about my choices today.
I haven't been able to workout like I like to on strict still's, so the addition of the oats & workout shake today really fueled me & I know my muscles absorbed the carbs like a sponge! Rapid glucose transportation straight to the muscles....not to my thighs!

Linz, how about more fat instead of carbs? just a thought........
Old 09-20-2011, 04:36 AM   #697
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

O dear canola bad..........notice easily bruising? just one symptom...........

The Dangers of Canola Oil
Old 09-20-2011, 04:38 AM   #698
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: becky123abc
Stats: 205/199/160 5'5.5"
Quote:
Good day so far. . gonna drink me some more water and think about hitting the hay. . TOM has taken over so I'm gonna give in and rest!!

Have a great day tomorrow, everyone!!!
Sounds good IM! I'm on day 5 of TOM...hoping to have a nice whoosh soon...if I don't I'm really going to have to take something out of my diet!

Be extra sweet to yourself somehow this week!
Old 09-20-2011, 07:31 AM   #699
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 233/224/155 5'7"
WOE: Stillman QWL
Start Date: May 1 2014
Quote:
That doesn't sound like too much to me! How much do you normally eat? Maybe your body will consider it a needed refeed! I always like to keep my body guessing by eating different qty's and different protein sources. Then we never adapt...and hopefully never stall!
When I am doing strict stills my menu is the same day after day
2 hb eggs and about 5 ounces chicken breast 3 times a day.

For some reason no matter what I do, I lose for about a week and then stall for at least a week. I have no idea how long the stall lasts because I always loose hope and cheat. I plan to keep it together this time. That is why I have added more into my diet even if it is more fat and calories. I would rather lose slower and enjoy my food a little bit.

Courage isn't always a lion's roar. It is sometimes the heart at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow".
Old 09-20-2011, 07:38 AM   #700
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
After my down & out post yesterday, I have more resolve of what I want to do for my eating plan. I think a combo of Still's with a few veggies & some oats/sweet potatoes to fuel my workouts & keep my muscles pumped will be my plan. I hope it's ok if I still post here? I adore you guys & really need the accountability. Today went well and I feel good about my choices today. Here's what my day looked like:

30 minute run
meal 1 - 6 egg whites & 1/2 cup oats
Meal 2 - 3 oz slow cooker chicken (with onion soup mix...yummmm!)
Workout - weights
Meal 3 - workout shake
Meal 4 - 3 oz slow cooker chicken, 5 primrose oil caps
Meal 5 - 3 oz tuna w/ 1 cup chopped zucchini (I added 1 tsp lowfat canola mayo & 1 tsp mustard to my tuna) & 5 fish oil caps

What do you take the evening primrose oil for? I know there are several benefits for a female to take it. I was just wondering if you took it for some other reason.
Old 09-20-2011, 07:40 AM   #701
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
O dear canola bad..........notice easily bruising? just one symptom...........

The Dangers of Canola Oil
Thanks for the article. I have never had canola before that I know of. I will definitely avoid it now.
Old 09-20-2011, 07:42 AM   #702
Major LCF Poster!

Day 3 at 209.0. I hate when the scale does this. I am determined to wait it out tho. Maybe I will get one of the infamous woooshes.
Old 09-20-2011, 07:55 AM   #703
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lizbob
Stats: 133.6/131.8/115
WOE: LFL
Start Date: 9/26 xmas challenge
Back from weekend at beach. Looked good, had fun, overate and overdrank, so now it's back to Stillkins!

I am still ploughing through the Thin Commandments (it's not a quick read!), which has a lot of excellent advice. There are good reasons why so many people start having cravings in the afternoon, and willpower can do little to combat them. The author explains the science behind it and suggests dieters would be more successful with strategies that fit their lifestyles and trigger foods, rather than try to depend on willpower. It's been a real eye opener!
Gained 4 lbs at the beach.
Lost 1 yesterday and did 20 minutes cardio on treadmill.

Today's menu:
Salmon burger for breakfast
Two slices turkey bacon snack
1/2 salmon fillet & SF Jello for lunch
Two slices turkey & Jello snack
1/2 salmon fillet early dinner before meeting
1 light beer at meeting

I'll check in every day, and post my menu and progress every day.
Have a great day, Stillman Sisters! XOXOXO
Old 09-20-2011, 10:21 AM   #704
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizbob View Post
Back from weekend at beach. Looked good, had fun, overate and overdrank, so now it's back to Stillkins!

I am still ploughing through the Thin Commandments (it's not a quick read!), which has a lot of excellent advice. There are good reasons why so many people start having cravings in the afternoon, and willpower can do little to combat them. The author explains the science behind it and suggests dieters would be more successful with strategies that fit their lifestyles and trigger foods, rather than try to depend on willpower. It's been a real eye opener!

Today's menu:
1 light beer at meeting

Welcome back. I'm happy you had fun at the beach. The 4lbs will be gone in no time. 1 down already is great.
Old 09-20-2011, 10:43 AM   #705
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 195/195/175 5'3.5
WOE: stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011 Restart June 2014
Quote:
Mar why is it called "strike stills"?? So glad the combo is working for ya!! A loss is a loss right?! Enjoy your bday girl! 140 would be a great gift!
I think I meant strict and my ipad autocorrected it haha, that happens a lot when I use the ipad
Old 09-20-2011, 10:59 AM   #706
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

Today's menu:
1 light beer at meeting

what are the thin commandments? I know ppl have talked about them before but I am not sure what they are
Old 09-20-2011, 11:09 AM   #707
Major LCF Poster!

I am still at 144.8 today, same as yesterday normally when I do stills I lose very fast and I never have cottage cheese or low fat cheese and I had both yesterday so I think ppl are right about not getting a loss on those (yes I believed you but I still need to figure out things on my own sometimes haha) but I am just happy I maintained.

I am doing Bday dinner with my family on Thursday and Bday dinner with my friends Saturday and I am getting a bit anxious about them, I already know what I am eating and its not exactly LC because who wants to diet on their bday? but because I have been losing slowly I am worried that if I gain the weight I have been working the last 2 weeks to work off Its gonna take much longer to lose it that it did in the first place. I don't know? I am just being paranoid maybe?
Old 09-20-2011, 11:17 AM   #708
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Hi guys... a good couple of days on the meat front. saw my consultant and have now been put on what they call watchful waiting and have an appointment to return in eight weeks unless things change beforehand. Feeling so so tired today. Just about to take a roast chicken out of the oven...I will remove the skin and just have the breast meat. Will catch up on all the posts a lil later.
Old 09-20-2011, 12:36 PM   #709
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
what are the thin commandments? I know ppl have talked about them before but I am not sure what they are
The Thin Commandments : The Ten No-Fail Strategies for Permanent Weight Loss by Stephen P. Gullo (Jan 1, 2005)

You can get this from amazon.com used for a very good price. Or it may be at your local library. There are excerpts from it in the other September Stillman's thread.
Old 09-20-2011, 12:48 PM   #710
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I am still at 144.8 today, same as yesterday normally when I do stills I lose very fast and I never have cottage cheese or low fat cheese and I had both yesterday so I think ppl are right about not getting a loss on those (yes I believed you but I still need to figure out things on my own sometimes haha) but I am just happy I maintained.

I am doing Bday dinner with my family on Thursday and Bday dinner with my friends Saturday and I am getting a bit anxious about them, I already know what I am eating and its not exactly LC because who wants to diet on their bday? but because I have been losing slowly I am worried that if I gain the weight I have been working the last 2 weeks to work off Its gonna take much longer to lose it that it did in the first place. I don't know? I am just being paranoid maybe?
Have a great birthday. Do your best. Tell your family and friends the best present they could give you is to help you not gain the weight back. If you do, though, I don't think it will take longer to relose, and think how much worse it would be if you hadn't been dieting at all. We'll still be here to pull you back onto the wagon.
Old 09-20-2011, 01:21 PM   #711
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Have a great birthday. Do your best. Tell your family and friends the best present they could give you is to help you not gain the weight back. If you do, though, I don't think it will take longer to relose, and think how much worse it would be if you hadn't been dieting at all. We'll still be here to pull you back onto the wagon.
Thanks
Old 09-20-2011, 01:28 PM   #712
Major LCF Poster!

I think I am getting sick, this sucks!

I am trying not to comfort my self with a bunch of junk food, it always seems to be what I want when I am sick
Old 09-20-2011, 01:42 PM   #713
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I think I meant strict and my ipad autocorrected it haha, that happens a lot when I use the ipad
stupid piece of shut fone
Quote:

relax, it's one day, enjoy it!!!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
Hi guys... a good couple of days on the meat front. saw my consultant and have now been put on what they call watchful waiting and have an appointment to return in eight weeks unless things change beforehand. Feeling so so tired today. Just about to take a roast chicken out of the oven...I will remove the skin and just have the breast meat. Will catch up on all the posts a lil later.
pls tell me this is a good thing.....
Quote:
I think I am getting sick, this sucks!

I am trying not to comfort my self with a bunch of junk food, it always seems to be what I want when I am sick
soup, girl, soup!
Old 09-20-2011, 02:38 PM   #714
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
stupid piece of shut fone

relax, it's one day, enjoy it!!!!!!!

pls tell me this is a good thing.....

soup, girl, soup!
I have some chicken in the slow cooker at home so hopefully I can get home and sit down to a nice bowl of warm chicken, 6 hours should be enough right?
Old 09-20-2011, 05:33 PM   #715
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: becky123abc
Stats: 205/199/160 5'5.5"
I'm drinkin' my CL.....thinkin' of my Stillies!!!
Old 09-20-2011, 05:48 PM   #716
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

it depends on the size of the chik and if it's on hi or lo.........I would say you're all good...feel better, girl, 26 comes only once!

got frost yet? we've had lows of 38F recently........ick
Old 09-20-2011, 06:15 PM   #717
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

whew getting about nitey nite time..........good night lovelies!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-20-2011, 07:06 PM   #718
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/178/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: July 2009 ! Life changing April 9 2012
Wow. .my days keep slipping by. I have been busy, busy, busy. . cooking, running the roads with the kids and trying to get my stuff in order! I want to read everything Ive missed but Im too pooped. I took a Midol PM and its kicking in quickly. . I can feel a restful night coming up.

I hope to catch up tomorrow. Miss everyone! Have a great night. .

In the meantime, I leave you with this:

MIDDLE AGE TEXTING CODES •:
ATD - at the doctor.
BFF - best friend fell.
BTW -bring the wheelchair .
BYOT - bring your own teeth.
FWIW - forgot where I was.
GGPBL - gotta go, pacemaker battery low.
GHA - got heartburn again. IMHO - is my hearing aid on?
LMDO -laughing my dentures out.
IPM- I pooped myself.
OMMR - on my massage recliner.
ROFLACGU - rolling on floor laughing and can't get up.
Old 09-21-2011, 06:30 AM   #719
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Wow. .my days keep slipping by. I have been busy, busy, busy. . cooking, running the roads with the kids and trying to get my stuff in order! I want to read everything Ive missed but Im too pooped. I took a Midol PM and its kicking in quickly. . I can feel a restful night coming up.

I hope to catch up tomorrow. Miss everyone! Have a great night. .

In the meantime, I leave you with this:

MIDDLE AGE TEXTING CODES •:
ATD - at the doctor.
BFF - best friend fell.
BTW -bring the wheelchair .
BYOT - bring your own teeth.
FWIW - forgot where I was.
GGPBL - gotta go, pacemaker battery low.
GHA - got heartburn again. IMHO - is my hearing aid on?
LMDO -laughing my dentures out.
IPM- I pooped myself.
OMMR - on my massage recliner.
ROFLACGU - rolling on floor laughing and can't get up.
Love the middle aged texting codes. That is hilarious!
Old 09-21-2011, 06:31 AM   #720
Major LCF Poster!

I am only down .2 today after 3 days of the scale not moving. Guess I should lay off the cheese a bit.

I plan to eat chicken all day today.
Closed Thread