Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2011, 02:29 PM   #631
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macc0021 View Post
Just wanted to pop in to say HELLO and that I won't be on for a while! I'm gettin' hitched tomorrow!!

I am definitely NOT going to be doing Stillman's on my honeymoon... but I will stay low carb! I will see you all in a week and a half -- take care and happy eating!! Hopefully I will have lots of pictures to share with you!!
Enjoy the big day!

Sponsored Links
Old 09-16-2011, 02:31 PM   #632
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
I'm not sure about the new smileys!! They're very 'in your face'!!! I'm glad frownie is still here though!! Love him!
Old 09-16-2011, 02:35 PM   #633
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: becky123abc
Stats: 208/193/160 5'5.5"
Quote:
Just wanted to pop in to say HELLO and that I won't be on for a while! I'm gettin' hitched tomorrow!!

I am definitely NOT going to be doing Stillman's on my honeymoon... but I will stay low carb! I will see you all in a week and a half -- take care and happy eating!! Hopefully I will have lots of pictures to share with you!!
I look forward to seeing pics!! I hope your special day is totally magical and wonderful!!
Old 09-16-2011, 03:35 PM   #634
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
Does anyone eat Pork on Stills, I am today because it was in my freezerand for me meat is meat in the beginning but I never really hear anyone talking about it. Its pretty lean and its ok but I find it doesn't satisfy me the way chicken does. what about Bison? I am gonna go and buy some this weekend because I like it and haven't had it in a while and its low fat.
I love pork tenderloin!
Old 09-16-2011, 03:47 PM   #635
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
I like pork enough-i do pork chops in Georgie sometimes-once in a blue moon-but I find them dry!
I use to find that but now I rub them both sides with a kallo stock cube. Add a little garlic and pepper, then throw on some white and wack them in the oven...never dry.
Old 09-16-2011, 03:48 PM   #636
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Got my hair highlighted today-I know you're all dying to know this info!!--it's all ashey!! Woohoo!!!
Sounds nice...any pics?
Old 09-16-2011, 04:00 PM   #637
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Ten karats all together...
Lovely!
Old 09-16-2011, 04:03 PM   #638
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I had the a bad tummy ache all night and my stomach kept making weird noises all night and when I got up this morning it was hard feeling I am feeling better now that I have eaten and had something to drink, I had some sugar free candy last night so I am thinking that was the culprite although I don't normally have the reaction to sf candy so who knows. I also had cottage cheese last night so maybe it was the combo of those and the fact that I had thenm after 9 pm and I usually don't eat at night either way I will be avoiding both for a while.

On a good note I am down another .8 today, normally I lose a lot quicker at first but the candy and cheese may have stalled me a bit.

So thats 2/20!
Old 09-16-2011, 04:08 PM   #639
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrattyS View Post
I took these today and wanted to share.
Anyone see English bulldog in him? I am terrible at spotting breeds. I thought maybe his hindquarters looked a bit stocky for a lab.

Very cute little girl.
Old 09-16-2011, 04:11 PM   #640
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
Hey gals.. . I was thinking of you guys today. I think I'm finally feeling better but morning will tell. I really haven't been myself in almost a week. I don't know if it's stress or illness or fatness or what? Do you think fat can actually cut the oxygen/blood supply to the brain and make you do crazy things? Well. .I think I'm going with that theory!!!

You guys are awesome. . I can't believe all the gossip I have to catch up on . . tomorrow!!! I'm tired, I don't feel good and I'm trying to rationalize my diet the last few days. Not bad. not good. in between.. I haven't had many bad carbs (like sugar sweet or anything). .but I've had grapefruit, raisins, meat, meat, meat. pickles. . salads and several other items I shall name in my heart!. .I was down 1 pound yesterday and that was after a shower with a towel on my head.. . skin absorbs water, right?
I am so happy you guys are rocking this board. . I shall catch up in the morning and add my two cents worth. I want to do well. . I really, really do! I have such a crazy weekend with tailgate parties. . football games. beer, wine and brats!!!! omg..

ok. .xxoo.. KEEP ME FOCUSED!
Well done I'mz.
Old 09-16-2011, 04:15 PM   #641
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Down another .8

We are taking the kids to an amusement park tomorrow. It is going to be hard not to cheat. I LOVE funnel cake
My plan it to find a turkey leg somewhere and if that fails a hotdog or hamburger without the bun. I feel awesome seeing the scale move again, it strengthens my resolve to get this blubber off me.

I love this dude.
and this one too!
Old 09-16-2011, 05:44 PM   #642
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 235/227/155 5'7"
WOE: Stillman QWL
Start Date: September 2 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
I am sitting in a dimly lit room and I seriously thought there was a bug on my screen.
I saw a spider one to but that freaked me out too bad.
Old 09-16-2011, 05:46 PM   #643
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeccadeel View Post
well. i am back. fatty fat fat. weighed in the other day at 188lbs compared to my low 167 and VERY far from my goal of 117. today is day 3 of stillmans....had a little bit of lf cheese today on my ground turkey because i am feeling really exhausted/dealing with a poop load of head hunger.uuggggggggggh. 2 week goal from today is so lose 20 lbs ( I was 184 this morning)

Welcome back The first few days are the worst. I am just recovering from a 3 day stillman flu. Best wishest losing that 20. I look forward to you posting you more.
Old 09-16-2011, 05:47 PM   #644
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

Wooohoo! Have the time of your life!!
Old 09-17-2011, 05:58 AM   #645
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Quote:
Its just a can of tuna, an egg and fat free parm to bind it together.
Im gonna try this!!!! does the FF tastes much different than real parm? do you cook it on a pan or bake it?
Old 09-17-2011, 06:03 AM   #646
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
so I was driving to work at lunch time and I saw these guys walking down the street and one of them was skipping.... it was my ex haha I dated a guy who skips down the street with other men!??! This is why I am single
skip-a-dee-do-da!!! that is hilarious!! you should have beeped!!
Old 09-17-2011, 06:08 AM   #647
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
and the famous pulled pork recipe from my Daddy's reception three years ago-

one pork picnic shoulder roast, whole on the bone and fresh, not smoked

place roast in a large pan on a rack with the leather skin end pointed up. Slash the leathery part crosswise so the fat renders down.

Cook in a 225-250F oven for six to eight hours. Put it in the oven before you go to bed and when you get up turn the heat off. You can leave it in the oven for a few hours until you are ready.

Remove from oven and let sit for at least twenty minutes.

With a large fork and wearing clean dishwashing gloves, pierce the leather skin and slowly lift it off the cap end. Throw outside for kitties, puupies and other assorted wildlife. Not recommended if there are bears in your area.

Trim amy remaining fat with a sharp filet knife.

Lift the roast into a very large mixing bowl. Pour the pan juices into a mason jar and refrigerate to separate the fat, then make gravy if not using BBQ sauce.

Or, dump the pan juices into the compost, not down the drain if you have septic and not sewer. Dunno if your pets will lick the drippings, mine won't.

Gently pull the bones out, the meat should literally fall off of it with no effort. 'Shred' the meat by tearing and crushing it with your gloved hands.

When it's torn into the texture you want, wash your gloved hands with hot soapy water just as if you were washing your hands.

Add sauce of your choice, mix with an oar or large spoon.

Leftovers hold well for a week, you can store the pork without sauce and add it when you make a meal or snack.

Great with cornbread.......
Im so glad its getting cold out so I can use my oven again!!!!! I will fall in love with meat again!!!! (Im getting there - enjoyed a few hamburger bowls this week! Now I need the good stuff!) Pulled pork, roast beef, stew meat, prime rib- YUM!!!)
Old 09-17-2011, 06:09 AM   #648
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Aloha---oh Gawd!!!! Ignore my waffling rubbish!!!!!
and mine too!!!
Old 09-17-2011, 06:10 AM   #649
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Got my hair highlighted today-I know you're all dying to know this info!!--it's all ashey!! Woohoo!!!
Old 09-17-2011, 06:11 AM   #650
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
It was just a can of diet cherry coke, roughly chopped onions for flavor, some butter if you would like (not necessary) and sprinkled the caribbean jerk seasoning (look for one with low carbs/sugars) on the loin... threw it in the slow cooker on low for like 8 hours! It literally falls apart... very easy and yummy.
yuuuuuum
Old 09-17-2011, 06:12 AM   #651
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Yes he is. We got through A LOT of chicken! He has lost about 25 pounds so far in the same amount of time I lost 15.
WOW! Thats fantastic! and annoying..
Old 09-17-2011, 06:19 AM   #652
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I have decided that to keep sane on this diet for the amount of time I need to stay on it. I am going to have to eat more variety with more flavors. More than likely it will be a bit more fat in a day that strict stillmans. This will possibly slow my weight loss a little but I am ok with that. I have a huge amount of weight to lose and I am determined to make it happen.
If Stills is too strict at the moment, you have given yourself the best advice!!! I have always opted to up the fat first and have still been able to lose. Yes, the results are slower, but it doesnt erase all of your hard work like carbs will. Maybe even try following Stills all day, then having a fattier cut of meat for dinner. You will feel so great, it will be so delicious, and you will probably unintentionally cut back portions for most of the next day. Just dont add carbs.
Old 09-17-2011, 06:20 AM   #653
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I took these today and wanted to share.
Anyone see English bulldog in him? I am terrible at spotting breeds. I thought maybe his hindquarters looked a bit stocky for a lab.

so adorable and sweet!!!! the pup and the princess!!!
Old 09-17-2011, 06:29 AM   #654
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
Hey gals.. . I was thinking of you guys today. I think I'm finally feeling better but morning will tell. I really haven't been myself in almost a week. I don't know if it's stress or illness or fatness or what? Do you think fat can actually cut the oxygen/blood supply to the brain and make you do crazy things? Well. .I think I'm going with that theory!!!

You guys are awesome. . I can't believe all the gossip I have to catch up on . . tomorrow!!! I'm tired, I don't feel very good and I'm trying to rationalize my diet the last few days. Not bad. not good. in between.. I haven't had many bad carbs (like sugar sweet or anything). .but I've had grapefruit, raisins, meat, meat, meat. pickles. . salads and several other items I shall name in my heart!. .I was down 1 pound yesterday and that was after a shower with a towel on my head.. . skin absorbs water, right?
I am so happy you guys are rocking this board. . I shall catch up in the morning and add my two cents worth. I want to do well. . I really, really do! I have such a crazy weekend with tailgate parties. . football games. beer, wine and brats!!!! omg..

ok. .xxoo.. KEEP ME FOCUSED!
Hey you!!!! Do you want some advice? You can get through this weekend. You can!!! Just eat any meat and as much meat as you need to get by. I say eat up the hamburgers or brats, just try to stay away from the carbs. they keep us coming back!!! they must go!!!! could you bring your own mixed drinks in a water bottle- vodka crystal lights? or pour some bacardi in your diet cokes. Try to stay away from the beer if you can.

We have to get you in the groove!! You have done it before and you will do it again!!! I have not been exactly 100%, but Im getting in the right frame of mind. Little by little this will get easier. So have a good time with your family and friends!!! Its a great weekend to party!!!!!
Old 09-17-2011, 06:55 AM   #655
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeccadeel View Post
well. i am back. fatty fat fat. weighed in the other day at 188lbs compared to my low 167 and VERY far from my goal of 117. today is day 3 of stillmans....had a little bit of lf cheese today on my ground turkey because i am feeling really exhausted/dealing with a poop load of head hunger.uuggggggggggh. 2 week goal from today is so lose 20 lbs ( I was 184 this morning)
Welcome back rebecca!!
Old 09-17-2011, 07:03 AM   #656
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:

So happy for you MACC!!! You are now the new mrs!! cause Im a few days late. Cant wait to hear all the details when you get back!!
Old 09-17-2011, 07:22 AM   #657
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I'm not sure about the new smileys!! They're very 'in your face'!!! I'm glad frownie is still here though!! Love him!
there are waaaaaay too many choices now.....

but I aint complaining... too cool!!! and !!!
Old 09-17-2011, 08:16 AM   #658
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Aloha Linz
Stats: 168/161/130 - 5'8"
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 9/5/2011
Happy Saturday all!!

Going to the UCLA vs Texas football game today with my 10 yr old nephew!! Can't wait! I'm gonna run stadium stairs! No I'm not! But I am hoping for some yummy stadium meat of any kind! ooooh, I hope they have those turkey legs like at amusement parks....those make me feel like a neanderthal!
Old 09-17-2011, 09:49 AM   #659
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloha Linz View Post
Happy Saturday all!!

Going to the UCLA vs Texas football game today with my 10 yr old nephew!! Can't wait! I'm gonna run stadium stairs! No I'm not! But I am hoping for some yummy stadium meat of any kind! ooooh, I hope they have those turkey legs like at amusement parks....those make me feel like a neanderthal!
I have never had the infamous turkey leg!!! Have fun!!!
Old 09-17-2011, 09:51 AM   #660
Blabbermouth!!!

the "dragonfruit" flavor of walmarts generic crystal light is terrible. It tastes like a poorly made alcoholic beverage. I need to look up what a dragonfruit is....

wow...its quite beautiful actually..
Closed Thread