Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2011, 02:05 PM   #541
Major LCF Poster!
 
Mar922's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Posts: 1,262
Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 195/195/175 5'3.5
WOE: stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011 Restart June 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrattyS View Post
My husband eats the boneless pork chops with fat trimmed off, grilled on the foreman grill with like a tsp of some sauce like terriaki, enough to flavor but not kill the diet. He loves it and it doesn't seem to effect his weight loss any.
Oh your husband is doing stills too? how is his weight loss going?
Mar922 is offline  

Sponsored Links
Old 09-14-2011, 02:06 PM   #542
Major LCF Poster!
 
Mar922's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Posts: 1,262
Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 195/195/175 5'3.5
WOE: stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011 Restart June 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrattyS View Post
I get that way with chicken and HB eggs.
me too with the eggs, I can only have so many HB eggs. Do you eat the yolks?
Mar922 is offline  
Old 09-14-2011, 02:09 PM   #543
Major LCF Poster!
 
BrattyS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Tennesee
Posts: 1,024
Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 235/227/155 5'7"
WOE: Stillman QWL
Start Date: September 2 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
I am trying to see if I can get all my water in today without CL so far I have only had 1 litre, its hard haha

How much are we supposed to be getting a day and how many oz are in a litre?

I usually drink 3 Litres a day.
There is about 34 oz in a liter. (I think)

I can usually drink 1 gallon of CL a day if I stay with it. I can't do regular water.
BrattyS is offline  
Old 09-14-2011, 02:11 PM   #544
Major LCF Poster!
 
BrattyS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Tennesee
Posts: 1,024
Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 235/227/155 5'7"
WOE: Stillman QWL
Start Date: September 2 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
Oh your husband is doing stills too? how is his weight loss going?
Yes he is. We got through A LOT of chicken! He has lost about 25 pounds so far in the same amount of time I lost 15.
BrattyS is offline  
Old 09-14-2011, 02:12 PM   #545
Major LCF Poster!
 
BrattyS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Tennesee
Posts: 1,024
Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 235/227/155 5'7"
WOE: Stillman QWL
Start Date: September 2 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
me too with the eggs, I can only have so many HB eggs. Do you eat the yolks?
I do eat the yolks. The whites are too weird for me. I did not eat any today. I could not bring myself to eat it. Opted for tuna instead.
BrattyS is offline  
Old 09-14-2011, 02:39 PM   #546
Major LCF Poster!
 
Mar922's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Posts: 1,262
Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 195/195/175 5'3.5
WOE: stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011 Restart June 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrattyS View Post
Yes he is. We got through A LOT of chicken! He has lost about 25 pounds so far in the same amount of time I lost 15.
Guys always lose weight faster its stupid but thats the way it works. I go through a lot of chicken, what do you consider a lot?
Mar922 is offline  
Old 09-14-2011, 02:41 PM   #547
Major LCF Poster!
 
Mar922's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Posts: 1,262
Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 195/195/175 5'3.5
WOE: stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011 Restart June 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrattyS View Post
I do eat the yolks. The whites are too weird for me. I did not eat any today. I could not bring myself to eat it. Opted for tuna instead.
I can eat the yolks only if they are mixed in, like scrambled eggs or when I make fish cakes hmm maybe I'll have fish cakes for dinner tonight haha
Mar922 is offline  
Old 09-14-2011, 02:41 PM   #548
Major LCF Poster!
 
Mar922's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Posts: 1,262
Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 195/195/175 5'3.5
WOE: stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011 Restart June 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrattyS View Post
There is about 34 oz in a liter. (I think)

I can usually drink 1 gallon of CL a day if I stay with it. I can't do regular water.
A gallon is about 4 litres right?
Mar922 is offline  
Old 09-14-2011, 02:55 PM   #549
Major LCF Poster!
 
becky123abc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 1,908
Gallery: becky123abc
Stats: 208/192/160 5'5.5"
Bless your heart!! That is terrible! I hope you are feeling better now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macc0021 View Post
My fiance and I went out for a NICE dinner last night... sort of our last date as an unmarried couple. I got the "Filet Oskar" and a wedge salad - from Pittsburgh Blue.

About an hour later, I was sick and puked up all my dinner. I puked for about an hour straight and then finally felt good enough to lay down and fall asleep. This morning I feel okay, just a little unsettled in the tummy... Seriously... not happy.

Is this food poisoning? Is my tummy just not used to so much food? Was the food too rich? I NEVER throw up and rarely get sick, so this was very rare for me.

Not to mention we spent over $100 on the meal -- however, I did lose weight this AM....
becky123abc is offline  
Old 09-14-2011, 03:31 PM   #550
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
CCGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 3,906
Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
O my the sickies are on a tear around here! Feel better y'all!

I would rather own the runway than rent it.........hooray for thrift shops! and I'm sure I could talk Dad into a Harry Winston wreath for a night.....he has friends in low places!!!!!!

don't do pork much but when I do I love it! Boneless ribs cubed and skewered under the broiler with SF BBQ sauce!


and the famous pulled pork recipe from my Daddy's reception three years ago-


one pork picnic shoulder roast, whole on the bone and fresh, not smoked

place roast in a large pan on a rack with the leather skin end pointed up. Slash the leathery part crosswise so the fat renders down.

Cook in a 225-250F oven for six to eight hours. Put it in the oven before you go to bed and when you get up turn the heat off. You can leave it in the oven for a few hours until you are ready.

Remove from oven and let sit for at least twenty minutes.

With a large fork and wearing clean dishwashing gloves, pierce the leather skin and slowly lift it off the cap end. Throw outside for kitties, puupies and other assorted wildlife. Not recommended if there are bears in your area.

Trim amy remaining fat with a sharp filet knife.

Lift the roast into a very large mixing bowl. Pour the pan juices into a mason jar and refrigerate to separate the fat, then make gravy if not using BBQ sauce.

Or, dump the pan juices into the compost, not down the drain if you have septic and not sewer. Dunno if your pets will lick the drippings, mine won't.

Gently pull the bones out, the meat should literally fall off of it with no effort. 'Shred' the meat by tearing and crushing it with your gloved hands.

When it's torn into the texture you want, wash your gloved hands with hot soapy water just as if you were washing your hands.

Add sauce of your choice, mix with an oar or large spoon.

Leftovers hold well for a week, you can store the pork without sauce and add it when you make a meal or snack.

Great with cornbread.......
__________________
Laissez les bon temps rouler!!!!
If you can read this thank a teacher; since you are reading it in English, thank a veteran.
“Enjoy the little things, for some day you may look back and realize they were the big things” – Robert Brault

Last edited by CCGirl; 09-14-2011 at 03:32 PM..
CCGirl is offline  
Old 09-14-2011, 03:34 PM   #551
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
CCGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 3,906
Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
gotta feed kitties BBL! might mow again.....killed myself mowing last night! will have to use th rider, still sore from the walk behind!
CCGirl is offline  
Old 09-14-2011, 04:00 PM   #552
Senior LCF Member
 
Macc0021's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Land of 11,842 Lakes
Posts: 858
Gallery: Macc0021
Stats: Pregnant - trying to keep gains at a minimum! :)
WOE: wheat allergy + low carb + pregnant!
Start Date: Every day!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
I can eat the yolks only if they are mixed in, like scrambled eggs or when I make fish cakes hmm maybe I'll have fish cakes for dinner tonight haha
What's your fish cake recipe?? I am intrigued...
Macc0021 is offline  
Old 09-14-2011, 04:06 PM   #553
Major LCF Poster!
 
BrattyS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Tennesee
Posts: 1,024
Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 235/227/155 5'7"
WOE: Stillman QWL
Start Date: September 2 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
Guys always lose weight faster its stupid but thats the way it works. I go through a lot of chicken, what do you consider a lot?
I cook a bulk package that is 12 chicken breast every 2 days.
BrattyS is offline  
Old 09-14-2011, 04:07 PM   #554
Major LCF Poster!
 
BrattyS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Tennesee
Posts: 1,024
Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 235/227/155 5'7"
WOE: Stillman QWL
Start Date: September 2 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
I can eat the yolks only if they are mixed in, like scrambled eggs or when I make fish cakes hmm maybe I'll have fish cakes for dinner tonight haha
What's a fish cake? Tuna and egg?
BrattyS is offline  
Old 09-14-2011, 04:08 PM   #555
Major LCF Poster!
 
BrattyS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Tennesee
Posts: 1,024
Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 235/227/155 5'7"
WOE: Stillman QWL
Start Date: September 2 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
A gallon is about 4 litres right?
It is a bit more than a gallon. Is that what you drink?
BrattyS is offline  
Old 09-14-2011, 04:12 PM   #556
Major LCF Poster!
 
BrattyS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Tennesee
Posts: 1,024
Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 235/227/155 5'7"
WOE: Stillman QWL
Start Date: September 2 2014
Mac 2 more days!!!! Are you super excited? I am excited for you!
BrattyS is offline  
Old 09-14-2011, 05:03 PM   #557
Senior LCF Member
 
Macc0021's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Land of 11,842 Lakes
Posts: 858
Gallery: Macc0021
Stats: Pregnant - trying to keep gains at a minimum! :)
WOE: wheat allergy + low carb + pregnant!
Start Date: Every day!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrattyS View Post
Mac 2 more days!!!! Are you super excited? I am excited for you!
Yes! Very! I have been running around all night... wrapping presents, preparing the decorations, gathering everything... EEK! Tomorrow I am getting my nails done, my jewelry is delivered (I rented $30k worth of diamonds!!!!), and tomorrow night is our rehearsal and groom's dinner!! It all comes so quickly but I am SO excited!
Macc0021 is offline  
Old 09-15-2011, 06:39 AM   #558
Major LCF Poster!
 
BrattyS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Tennesee
Posts: 1,024
Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 235/227/155 5'7"
WOE: Stillman QWL
Start Date: September 2 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macc0021 View Post
Yes! Very! I have been running around all night... wrapping presents, preparing the decorations, gathering everything... EEK! Tomorrow I am getting my nails done, my jewelry is delivered (I rented $30k worth of diamonds!!!!), and tomorrow night is our rehearsal and groom's dinner!! It all comes so quickly but I am SO excited!

Oh I must see what 30k in diamonds looks like! Best wishes with your rehearsal dinner. Try to take a deep breath and soak the next couple of days in. It goes by like a blur. When my wedding was over I felt like it just passed by so quick that I didn't really sit still for a minute to really "be there".
BrattyS is offline  
Old 09-15-2011, 06:54 AM   #559
Senior LCF Member
 
Macc0021's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Land of 11,842 Lakes
Posts: 858
Gallery: Macc0021
Stats: Pregnant - trying to keep gains at a minimum! :)
WOE: wheat allergy + low carb + pregnant!
Start Date: Every day!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrattyS View Post
Oh I must see what 30k in diamonds looks like! Best wishes with your rehearsal dinner. Try to take a deep breath and soak the next couple of days in. It goes by like a blur. When my wedding was over I felt like it just passed by so quick that I didn't really sit still for a minute to really "be there".
I can post pics... I am waiting for the delivery man as we speak!!! Thank you for the advice.. that seems to be the consensus of most people. We will be sure to take a moment by ourselves to enjoy each other and reflect on the day!
Macc0021 is offline  
Old 09-15-2011, 06:56 AM   #560
Senior LCF Member
 
Macc0021's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Land of 11,842 Lakes
Posts: 858
Gallery: Macc0021
Stats: Pregnant - trying to keep gains at a minimum! :)
WOE: wheat allergy + low carb + pregnant!
Start Date: Every day!
Ten karats all together...
Macc0021 is offline  
Old 09-15-2011, 07:21 AM   #561
Major LCF Poster!
 
BrattyS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Tennesee
Posts: 1,024
Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 235/227/155 5'7"
WOE: Stillman QWL
Start Date: September 2 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macc0021 View Post
Ten karats all together...
Nice! Those are gorgeous. I would have trouble returning them.
BrattyS is offline  
Old 09-15-2011, 07:24 AM   #562
Senior LCF Member
 
Macc0021's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Land of 11,842 Lakes
Posts: 858
Gallery: Macc0021
Stats: Pregnant - trying to keep gains at a minimum! :)
WOE: wheat allergy + low carb + pregnant!
Start Date: Every day!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrattyS View Post
Nice! Those are gorgeous. I would have trouble returning them.
I know!!
Macc0021 is offline  
Old 09-15-2011, 07:28 AM   #563
Major LCF Poster!
 
BrattyS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Tennesee
Posts: 1,024
Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 235/227/155 5'7"
WOE: Stillman QWL
Start Date: September 2 2014
The scale was super nice to me today. I stalled at 212 for almost 2 weeks so I was dumb and binged. Today, 2 days back on Stills, I am at 211.

I have decided that to keep sane on this diet for the amount of time I need to stay on it. I am going to have to eat more variety with more flavors. More than likely it will be a bit more fat in a day that strict stillmans. This will possibly slow my weight loss a little but I am ok with that. I have a huge amount of weight to lose and I am determined to make it happen.

My daughters B-day party is 2 months from now. I want to be able to see family and not be self conscious about my fat body. I do not think I could handle "wow, you really got fat!" Yes someone in my family actually said that to me.

I won't be at my goal weight but I will have at least lost weight.
__________________
~Ashley

Courage isn't always a lion's roar. It is sometimes the heart at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow".
BrattyS is offline  
Old 09-15-2011, 07:42 AM   #564
Senior LCF Member
 
Macc0021's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Land of 11,842 Lakes
Posts: 858
Gallery: Macc0021
Stats: Pregnant - trying to keep gains at a minimum! :)
WOE: wheat allergy + low carb + pregnant!
Start Date: Every day!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrattyS View Post
The scale was super nice to me today. I stalled at 212 for almost 2 weeks so I was dumb and binged. Today, 2 days back on Stills, I am at 211.

I have decided that to keep sane on this diet for the amount of time I need to stay on it. I am going to have to eat more variety with more flavors. More than likely it will be a bit more fat in a day that strict stillmans. This will possibly slow my weight loss a little but I am ok with that. I have a huge amount of weight to lose and I am determined to make it happen.

My daughters B-day party is 2 months from now. I want to be able to see family and not be self conscious about my fat body. I do not think I could handle "wow, you really got fat!" Yes someone in my family actually said that to me.

I won't be at my goal weight but I will have at least lost weight.
That's awesome!!! Congrats on the 211 So exciting when you step on the scale and see a number that you weren't really expecting. Love it!

And I totally agree about variety and flavor... I find when I restrict myself too much, I end up falling off the wagon and binging on something really stupid... like whipped cream... peanut butter... peanuts... pork rinds. Stuff that I would not normally binge on!! I think it is essential to mix up flavors, meats, seafoods, play with shirataki noodles, etc...
Macc0021 is offline  
Old 09-15-2011, 08:07 AM   #565
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Southwest
Posts: 74
Gallery: Lizbob
Stats: 133.6/131.8/115
WOE: LFL
Start Date: 9/26 xmas challenge
Macc--Your jewels are stunning! What sort of veil or headpiece are you wearing? like you really have TIME to answer these questions
Lizbob is offline  
Old 09-15-2011, 08:10 AM   #566
Senior LCF Member
 
Aloha Linz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Southern California
Posts: 300
Gallery: Aloha Linz
Stats: 168/161/130 - 5'8"
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 9/5/2011
Morning girls!

Not weighing until Monday (when my new scale arrives!) I did some research & ordered the EatSmart Precision Digital Scale! I'm super excited. I also orderd 3 Ballerina dieter's tea, which is supposed to help me "go". Major issues there. Any suggestions anyone?

Yesterday I ate turkey bacon for breakfast & pot roast made with onion soup mix for lunch & dinner! It was perfect...I felt nauseas towards the end of the day again, so I ate more roast (against my will) & felt better. Today I'm attempting an all tuna day....but I'm doing the mustard thing. I added 3 tsps of sugar free mustard to my 7oz of tuna & salt free garlic pepper spice. Not bad! I'm gonna see if I can do 2 days fat free protein, 1 day fattier (i.e. ground beef, roast, etc).

Macc - wowsers on the jewelry!! You are going to be stunning!!!!

Bratty - congrats on the loss! That is wonderful! Keep it up!

Have a wonderful day! xoxoxo
Aloha Linz is offline  
Old 09-15-2011, 08:10 AM   #567
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Southwest
Posts: 74
Gallery: Lizbob
Stats: 133.6/131.8/115
WOE: LFL
Start Date: 9/26 xmas challenge
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrattyS View Post
The scale was super nice to me today. I stalled at 212 for almost 2 weeks so I was dumb and binged. Today, 2 days back on Stills, I am at 211.

I have decided that to keep sane on this diet for the amount of time I need to stay on it. I am going to have to eat more variety with more flavors. More than likely it will be a bit more fat in a day that strict stillmans. This will possibly slow my weight loss a little but I am ok with that. I have a huge amount of weight to lose and I am determined to make it happen.

My daughters B-day party is 2 months from now. I want to be able to see family and not be self conscious about my fat body. I do not think I could handle "wow, you really got fat!" Yes someone in my family actually said that to me.

I won't be at my goal weight but I will have at least lost weight.
BrattyS--Think of it as a birthday present to your daughter--looking good in the party pictures. Congrats on breaking that plateau!
Lizbob is offline  
Old 09-15-2011, 10:57 AM   #568
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
CCGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 3,906
Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrattyS View Post
Oh I must see what 30k in diamonds looks like! Best wishes with your rehearsal dinner. Try to take a deep breath and soak the next couple of days in. It goes by like a blur. When my wedding was over I felt like it just passed by so quick that I didn't really sit still for a minute to really "be there".
OMG so true it was so surreal!!!!!!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macc0021 View Post
Ten karats all together...
woof! yummy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrattyS View Post
The scale was super nice to me today. I stalled at 212 for almost 2 weeks so I was dumb and binged. Today, 2 days back on Stills, I am at 211.

I have decided that to keep sane on this diet for the amount of time I need to stay on it. I am going to have to eat more variety with more flavors. More than likely it will be a bit more fat in a day that strict stillmans. This will possibly slow my weight loss a little but I am ok with that. I have a huge amount of weight to lose and I am determined to make it happen.

My daughters B-day party is 2 months from now. I want to be able to see family and not be self conscious about my fat body. I do not think I could handle "wow, you really got fat!" Yes someone in my family actually said that to me.

I won't be at my goal weight but I will have at least lost weight.
wow someone in your fam said it to your face, how unkind! I prefer the back stabbing relatives
CCGirl is offline  
Old 09-15-2011, 11:11 AM   #569
Major LCF Poster!
 
Mar922's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Posts: 1,262
Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 195/195/175 5'3.5
WOE: stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011 Restart June 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macc0021 View Post
What's your fish cake recipe?? I am intrigued...
Its just a can of tuna, an egg and fat free parm to bind it together.
Mar922 is offline  
Old 09-15-2011, 11:18 AM   #570
Major LCF Poster!
 
BrattyS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Tennesee
Posts: 1,024
Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 235/227/155 5'7"
WOE: Stillman QWL
Start Date: September 2 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloha Linz View Post
Morning girls!

Not weighing until Monday (when my new scale arrives!) I did some research & ordered the EatSmart Precision Digital Scale! I'm super excited. I also orderd 3 Ballerina dieter's tea, which is supposed to help me "go". Major issues there. Any suggestions anyone?

Yesterday I ate turkey bacon for breakfast & pot roast made with onion soup mix for lunch & dinner! It was perfect...I felt nauseas towards the end of the day again, so I ate more roast (against my will) & felt better. Today I'm attempting an all tuna day....but I'm doing the mustard thing. I added 3 tsps of sugar free mustard to my 7oz of tuna & salt free garlic pepper spice. Not bad! I'm gonna see if I can do 2 days fat free protein, 1 day fattier (i.e. ground beef, roast, etc).

Macc - wowsers on the jewelry!! You are going to be stunning!!!!

Bratty - congrats on the loss! That is wonderful! Keep it up!

Have a wonderful day! xoxoxo
Thank you for the congrats.

I take milk of mag when needed. It does the trick within a few hours for me.
BrattyS is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:15 PM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.