Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2011, 05:29 AM   #481
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Watching I Used To Be Fat----recording it early mornings, watching it, and then getting rid before hubs comes home and starts going off on one!! He!!!

Sponsored Links
Old 09-13-2011, 05:43 AM   #482
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Watching I Used To Be Fat----recording it early mornings, watching it, and then getting rid before hubs comes home and starts going off on one!! He!!!
Old 09-13-2011, 05:50 AM   #483
Big Yapper!!!!

Hey Makeme!!
Old 09-13-2011, 06:12 AM   #484
Big Yapper!!!!

Watching these shows keeps reminding me of where I never want to go back to. I really can't believe I weighed the same and looked like these girls. Sometimes it seems like a lifetime ago---or that I really never did weigh that much!
Anyway.....going to the shower! BBL
Old 09-13-2011, 06:20 AM   #485
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Watching these shows keeps reminding me of where I never want to go back to. I really can't believe I weighed the same and looked like these girls. Sometimes it seems like a lifetime ago---or that I really never did weigh that much!
You have done so well GT! You will never go back there. Did you keep any of your old clothes?? I can not imagine you large...you look like you have always been thin to me.
Old 09-13-2011, 06:41 AM   #486
Major LCF Poster!

So so tired today.
Old 09-13-2011, 07:24 AM   #487
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 235/227/155 5'7"
WOE: Stillman QWL
Start Date: September 2 2014
G'morning! For those that don't know. Yes I fell off the wagon. Nothing really really bad but bad enough. I am up 4 pounds (bloat), and I am back on the wagon today.

I am going to start a new challenge for myself in a new thread. I won't say a lot in this post as I intend to write it all down in just a bit with my new goals. Hmmm maybe I will just do a blog. Do any of you read the blogs here? Or is it easier to see it as a thread on the message board?

Courage isn't always a lion's roar. It is sometimes the heart at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow".
Old 09-13-2011, 10:11 AM   #488
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
You have done so well GT! You will never go back there. Did you keep any of your old clothes?? I can not imagine you large...you look like you have always been thin to me.
I loooooove you, Makeme!!!!

Nope, I really have nothing left!
I was getting bags of clothes ready to bring to the charity shop at the weekend. It was just stuff from last year and the year before--so all UK 10s and 12s---but they just hang of me now. It's strange. Anyway I found one old fleece top that I used to wear constantly-prob like a security blanket-as though it would hide my weight. (it didn't!). It was a UK 22 from Evans. So.......eek!!!!
Old 09-13-2011, 10:41 AM   #489
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
aaaaaaaargggh, I've been wrestling with my unbehaving laptop all morning....finally figured out to reset network adapter and all is happy now....ooh I was stressing......took it out on a hamburger patty LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
Ive often asked hubby to make a bet with me, so I understand completely what Mar is talkin about. Hubby never takes me up on it though. He says if I feel a change is necessary then I need to take control of it and do it for me, not some prize. blah,blah,blah...

cramps today...could be potty problems but hope its TOM!! It would be my luck to get prego in the first month that Im actually free all day in 6 years.
I see you have selective hubby hearing like the rest of us.......hope crampies go away!
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeeH View Post
Just checking in. Nice to hear all the honesty on the pages. Four more days til I go to wedding. Gotta get this fat off!
VEEH! are you nervous and cranky yet? O you should have seen me!
Quote:
Sitting drinking tea and eating a can of salmon--couldn't face that tuna!. Is it wrong that I went and had tea before showering after my workout!!
yer too much GT! ye have no pets so unless the humans were running away, don't think so then!
Quote:
was thinking about your row with DF........did ye make it up then?
Quote:
a lifetime ago....and plenty ahead to enjoy the thin you! wished I'd found Stills decades ago!
Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
So so tired today.
vitamins?
Quote:
I loooooove you, Makeme!!!!

Nope, I really have nothing left!
I was getting bags of clothes ready to bring to the charity shop at the weekend. It was just stuff from last year and the year before--so all UK 10s and 12s---but they just hang of me now. It's strange. Anyway I found one old fleece top that I used to wear constantly-prob like a security blanket-as though it would hide my weight. (it didn't!). It was a UK 22 from Evans. So.......eek!!!!
liberating, isn't it!

GT, MMS, do you buy from any of the charity shops? Some even sell online, was wondering if there are some more posh shops you could steer me too?
Old 09-13-2011, 10:46 AM   #490
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Aloha Linz
Stats: 168/161/130 - 5'8"
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 9/5/2011
Quote:
Press the first 'quote' button on the bottom right hand corner of the post you want to reply to, write your reply, then press 'post quick reply' when finished or 'go advanced' to reply with smileys!!
Yay on the no hunger!!!!!! That's the best part of Stills!!!! That has really worn off for me at this stage though! mostly it's manageable!!!
Ok I'm seeing if this works GT!! I'm a little challenged in this area, so bear with me! Please work, please work, please work.....

Yipppeeeeeeee!!! It worked!! GT, you're the BEST!!! You guys will get sick of my smilies now! ha ha....it's a new found treasure! oh dear...

Last edited by Aloha Linz; 09-13-2011 at 10:48 AM..
Old 09-13-2011, 10:52 AM   #491
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by becky123abc View Post
Isn't it amazing?!?! That reminds me that there really IS something to the whole "carbs make your body produce more insulin and that makes you crave more" thing. I wish I could really understand and explain it.

I spent so much time hating myself for my lack of self control...but when I realized that it wasn't me just being weak...it was my body going through a physical experience...because of the carbs...That helped me give myself a break...

We are so hard on ourselves sometimes...

Now, if I can just remember that! : )

Congrats on being in the driver's seat!
Becky - that's really a beautiful way to look at it....we ARE so hard on ourselves for the lack of control that is carb induced!! It is ALL consuming to me at times!! to feel in control finally, is a godsend....there's nothing like it! I do fear eating anything else though, because I know my self & know I will most likely spiral out of control! Oh how I want to just have a bite of this or a smidgen of that and I walk away. No no, instead I eat the whole darn tray, of BOTH. Lawsie mercie....when will i ever learn?
Old 09-13-2011, 11:00 AM   #492
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
So happy for you!!! The day has come! The torture over!! Easy peasy now...You can do it. We are here.

Hows your energy level? I jumped out of bed today. Good things happen to those on meat!!
Yipppeee!! I'm so happy too!! Thank you! Energy levels are low cause I'm not sleeping well at night. I took a little nap this morning though & feel a million times better. I have to get up at 4:30am almost every day, and sometimes it's just hard to fall asleep by 8:30 to get 8 hrs! It seems like 10 or 10:30, even 11 lately, which is NOT enough. When I'm in bed by 9, that is ideal!

How much sleep do you get AL?

Can I ask, is anyone here on any medication? You don't have to share if you don't want, but I'm just curious, and how it helps you. I actually just started prozac on Friday. A 10mg dose. It's making me a little more tired than usual, BUT, the awesome thing is, it doesn't make me think about food! Soooo weird, but I'm not obsessing & calculating & whatever else I would do about food ALL DAY LONG. I even "forgot" to eat at one point yesterday. Anyway, it could be the Stillman's affect too, I'm definitely not discrediting that! Just not sure. That's kinda why I'm askin' to see if anyone else has similar experiences to me on prozac or other anti-d's??

xoxo
Old 09-13-2011, 11:04 AM   #493
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I used watch this show ALL the time! Are there new episodes on again? I love weight loss shows...and cooking shows!! Food network I adore.... But I really could watch either type show, all day, every day. Common denominator? I am obsessed with food & weight loss. Yep!
Old 09-13-2011, 01:07 PM   #494
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Macc0021
Stats: Pregnant - trying to keep gains at a minimum! :)
WOE: wheat allergy + low carb + pregnant!
Start Date: Every day!
It's 3pm and I still haven't eaten anything yet today... just not hungry. Work has been exciting and busy today -- plus I am nervous about the wedding... I think that plays a part - also, gotta love ketosis!!!
Old 09-13-2011, 01:18 PM   #495
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 195/195/175 5'3.5
WOE: stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011 Restart June 2014
Quote:
i betcha my pantry full of crystal light, I can lose 20 pounds first!

Ready
Set
Go

You're on! Starting today! I am at 148.2 (still:blush
Old 09-13-2011, 01:22 PM   #496
Big Yapper!!!!

CC-no we've not really made it up re the weight loss. He thinks I'm too thin and more importantly too obsessed! It's more like a truce! I make sure din is ready when he comes home and that he doesn't catch me working out. He thinks twice a day is too much.He rolls his eyes when I eat my tuna! I also delete the weight loss shows. He went mad again about the clothes being too big.
I just ignore it!

It sounds really bad but no, I never shop at charity shops so I don't know any good ones. I know London is full of posh ones though!!

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!(not even chocolate!)
Old 09-13-2011, 01:23 PM   #497
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloha Linz View Post
Ok I'm seeing if this works GT!! I'm a little challenged in this area, so bear with me! Please work, please work, please work.....

Yipppeeeeeeee!!! It worked!! GT, you're the BEST!!! You guys will get sick of my smilies now! ha ha....it's a new found treasure! oh dear...
Looooove smileys!! The frown one is my fav--he's just so humpy looking!!! cuuuuuute!!
Old 09-13-2011, 01:25 PM   #498
Major LCF Poster!

I'm gonna start posting my weight daily again it seems to keep me on track it's just over a week till my bday it's not like it's even that long to stay on plan right? That way even if I gain on my bday which i will I should still be down overall.

When you guys go off of stills how much do you normally gain? I usually go up about 5 at first then once my body is used to the carbs it goes down to about 3 gained in the end..... So should I be aiming to lose 3 less than my goal weight? All these questions about goal and I haven't even started losing yet haha
Old 09-13-2011, 01:29 PM   #499
Major LCF Poster!

I had a latte this am and now I am all bloated and look 3 months pregnant why did I choose to drink a latte the day I was wearing a tight dress to work also why did I drink a latte when I know milk and I have a love hate relationship?
Old 09-13-2011, 02:00 PM   #500
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
CC-no we've not really made it up re the weight loss. He thinks I'm too thin and more importantly too obsessed! It's more like a truce! I make sure din is ready when he comes home and that he doesn't catch me working out. He thinks twice a day is too much.He rolls his eyes when I eat my tuna! I also delete the weight loss shows. He went mad again about the clothes being too big.
I just ignore it!

It sounds really bad but no, I never shop at charity shops so I don't know any good ones. I know London is full of posh ones though!!
o my, I thought it was your dad, do you mean it's the future hubby?

it makes me wonder what their idea of a good weight on you is....and then there's all the underlying questions like, why don't they support your thin and healthy lifestyle........esp. after the dramatic events that led up to you finally gaining control and losing for good. Men aren't generaly catty so why would the men folk even care? You'd think they would be clamoring about while you're looking so fine...

knew that about thrift shops and you, hoping MMS has some in her bag of tricks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
I had a latte this am and now I am all bloated and look 3 months pregnant why did I choose to drink a latte the day I was wearing a tight dress to work also why did I drink a latte when I know milk and I have a love hate relationship?
Old 09-13-2011, 02:18 PM   #501
Big Yapper!!!!

Dunno!! Thinks it's coming from my Mum really. I think it's more the obsession thing more than the loss. Also people still see low-carb as a diet not a WOE-that kills me!!!!!
Old 09-13-2011, 02:31 PM   #502
Big Yapper!!!!

Just posting more-cos actually I'm just so fed up at being picked on!!!!!!!! It's like you're dammed if you do, and dammed if you don't!! My Mum told me-a long whe before I did anything about it-that I should lose weight, that it didn't suit me (well really, who does it suit?!) and that I looked a lot older overweight.
Sooooooo i lose weight..... And now it's i'm waaay too thin-my arms are pencil thin (eh i really wish that were true!!)...... And guess what?????? It doesn't suit me and yup, i look much older!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's like it's ok for everyone else to be thin cos they're 'naturally' thin but because I work at it then it's bad!!!!
Well tough!!!!! I like being thin!!! Scrap that-i love it!!!! I love that i take up less space, i love that i can feel bones and muscle,(true i do think my face and hands r too thin but...) i love the light feeling that eating very little gives me, i love feeling fit and strong......and most of all i love that i can go into any shop and everything will fit!!!!
I never ever want to put on weight---and if working out hard and eating cans of tuna is the only way i can ensure that--then so be it!!!!!

Ok-sorry for the rant--and the bad typing-I'm upstairs on the fone!!! I've nearly been banned from LCF-they don't know what site it is (and it must stay like that! Lol!) but they call it my pro-Ana site!!!!!
Old 09-13-2011, 02:34 PM   #503
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I thought your mum was dieting, too, no? I think after what you have overcome you have every right to obsess......as do I........HRH stalker and all...

yep, that kills me, too, when folks think it's a one time fix then they can go back. I remember when my dad's wife lost over 100 lb. going to Overeaters Anon, she looked great. Then boom, packed it all on and more. Her statement, 'I know how to lose weight, I just don't know how to keep it off' really bowled me over.

And when she asked me a few weeks back how I lost it and I told her Stills', she was like 'Ooh ooh that's OLD!' and I said, yep, it's old, it's easy and it works.

We shall see if it even made a dent.

My real mum, by contrast, is all over the WOL and is constantly aware of what carbs are present (he cooks, too, she's the dessert monger, he demands fresh fruit desserts) and has learned to keep them at bay while still maintaining the 'we're eating the same things' type of feel in the household.

And for me and himself, he eats nothing but carbs and pork and he's happy, and fit and trim, and he really doesn't care what I eat because he like me when I'm happy....

aaah, the great mysteries of life.........
Old 09-13-2011, 03:47 PM   #504
Big Yapper!!!!

Yeah that's the one thing that i believe is true---no matter what 'diet' you used to lose the weight, you can never ever go back to eating like you did before or you'll put the weight back on. I feel so sorry for her-I wouldn't think someone would put that much back on. Yeah Stills is an oldie but goodie---so much so that Dukan et al are busy copying him!!!
No my Mum gave up the diet. Well she's kind of doing an 'eat less' type of one. I say nothing-there's only so many times I can say how great low-carb is, or point her in the direction of Taubes etc. I really thought telling her the research was done before the war-so it wasn't a new age thing-would have made it click but no. She still thinks everything in moderation and the classic low-fat ( but therefore high-sugar) stuff is best-regardless if that stuff is processed or not.
I really don't think QWL is a woe for life, i think it's probably more of a diet. (i still like the control of it though) but i think low-carb, natural is the way to go.
I read a great post from TaDa who said maintaining is basically doing what you did to lose he weight---but with none of the rewards!!! Think yup, it's true!!
Old 09-14-2011, 04:41 AM   #505
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: becky123abc
Stats: 208/190/160 5'5.5"
My scale is bouncing between 164-165...I've been eating clean for almost two weeks...so I guess I need to look at calories. Maybe I need to cut out the reduced sugar ketchup...pity though, I love it mixed with mustard and mayo...tastes like 1000 island!

My belly is so bloated...I'm wondering if I need to change some of my vitamins...

I guess it's a good thing I'm not binging...or else the scale would be over 170 by now.

::::::::sigh::::::: The older I get (turned 44 in May) the harder it is to lose. Any other "40-somethings" in here? Or is it just all you young uns??

I am thankful to be in control...that's a huge bendfit!
Old 09-14-2011, 05:33 AM   #506
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Macc0021
Stats: Pregnant - trying to keep gains at a minimum! :)
WOE: wheat allergy + low carb + pregnant!
Start Date: Every day!
My fiance and I went out for a NICE dinner last night... sort of our last date as an unmarried couple. I got the "Filet Oskar" and a wedge salad - from Pittsburgh Blue.

About an hour later, I was sick and puked up all my dinner. I puked for about an hour straight and then finally felt good enough to lay down and fall asleep. This morning I feel okay, just a little unsettled in the tummy... Seriously... not happy.

Is this food poisoning? Is my tummy just not used to so much food? Was the food too rich? I NEVER throw up and rarely get sick, so this was very rare for me.

Not to mention we spent over $100 on the meal -- however, I did lose weight this AM....

Keep your eyes on the stars, and your feet on the ground.

In general, mankind, since the improvement of cookery, eats twice as much as nature requires.
Old 09-14-2011, 05:39 AM   #507
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
My scale is bouncing between 164-165...I've been eating clean for almost two weeks...so I guess I need to look at calories. Maybe I need to cut out the reduced sugar ketchup...pity though, I love it mixed with mustard and mayo...tastes like 1000 island!

My belly is so bloated...I'm wondering if I need to change some of my vitamins...

I guess it's a good thing I'm not binging...or else the scale would be over 170 by now.

::::::::sigh::::::: The older I get (turned 44 in May) the harder it is to lose. Any other "40-somethings" in here? Or is it just all you young uns??

oooh I am not admitting to forty anything!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macc0021 View Post
My fiance and I went out for a NICE dinner last night... sort of our last date as an unmarried couple. I got the "Filet Oskar" and a wedge salad - from Pittsburgh Blue.

About an hour later, I was sick and puked up all my dinner. I puked for about an hour straight and then finally felt good enough to lay down and fall asleep. This morning I feel okay, just a little unsettled in the tummy... Seriously... not happy.

Is this food poisoning? Is my tummy just not used to so much food? Was the food too rich? I NEVER throw up and rarely get sick, so this was very rare for me.

Not to mention we spent over $100 on the meal -- however, I did lose weight this AM....
ugh, sounds like FP to me........... poor kid, feel better!
Old 09-14-2011, 07:00 AM   #508
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

I have almost 2 years until I am 40. I still claim to be 28. You may have to cut out the extras and see if that helps.
Old 09-14-2011, 07:01 AM   #509
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macc0021 View Post

Sorry your evening ended so yucky I though FP took longer to make you sick but I am no expert. I had it once and I was violently ill about 6 hours after the meal. I hope you feel better.
Old 09-14-2011, 07:14 AM   #510
Major LCF Poster!

It is day 2 of getting back to clean eating. I really need to remember days like today when I start to think about cheating... I am tired, have a headache and sick to my stomach.
I feel great when I am eating clean, I guess I just start missing the foods that I do love. The added stress in my days and not getting a full night sleep is not helping either. When the scale moved a bit everyday I get a small boost in motivation but when is stood still for almost 2 weeks, I broke. I need to find something to focus on when times like that hit or I am going to be in this cycle forever. I have literally been bouncing the same 20 pounds back and forth for 3 years.

My new goal is to get under 200. That is only 12 pounds away. I feel if I can hit that I will have renewed motivation to keep going. Just saying 200 something as a weight feels like a ton of bricks on my back.

OK rant over.
Closed Thread