Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2011, 07:28 AM   #451
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Was just gonna ask you if ye were getting it? It's fierce here!! Our trains have been cancelled ( any excuse!). Oh and in the West.
Gotta go to Wimbledon soon to collect DS...hope my little car is not blown off the A road!

Sponsored Links
Old 09-12-2011, 08:41 AM   #452
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macc0021 View Post
Man my weight has been all over the place this week but 130.8 this morning - I'll take it for now!!
woot woot!
Quote:
My workout today = cleaning the entire house. I'm SWEATY and decided to take a break to check on you gals... I'm doing good today... Just had some PB2 this morning, a hb egg, and some licks from the bowl -- I am making sugar free, low carb cheesecake bars for a party tomorrow at my house. For dinner, 2 turkey burger when I get hungry. I am however failing on my water consumption and need to ramp it up... CHEERS to ice water!!

Hope you all are having a fabulous day!!
O girl do post the recipe!!!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
Ok.. feeling a tad bit better today but O sooo bloated. . all that sugar in the meds make me feel worse than the fever but I think that's on the downslide. .

Tomorrow.. tomorrow. . will mark my spot. I am going to boil up some eggs, dust off the hotsauce, . grab some chicken and give into my meat cravings!!!!

I shall soon be seeing less of myself and that's the way I like it!! this is the last day of fatness for me!!
go girl, go!
Quote:
Originally Posted by becky123abc View Post
Hi All!!
I feel like my big ship has made the turn and changed its course...FINALLY! Today makes for the FIRST Saturday in over two months that I have not binged on carbs...

I feel like I'm back in the driver's seat...and it feels so good. I think not eating Spray Whipping cream, Greek Yogurt or any kind of nut butter has helped me. Those yummy LC foods seem to give me cravings...incredibly strong cravings.

I was being good through the week, but eating the carbs on the weekend.

I'm headed back for the 150's! I was at 170 earlier this week...and this morning I was at 163. It just amazes me how quickly the weight comes on after a day of crazy eating. Surely that will help me stay on track this time.

It's so great to see everyone on here.

My mainstays right now are ground beef with maybe some mustard a little mayo & reduced sugar ketchup....mixed up....very good to me right now. And I like grilled chicken...

I'm taking a break from steak...I did have a filet mignon from Outback Thursday night...twas soooo good!

It just feels so good to be headed downward again! (Hopefully!)
woohoo look who's here!!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
Hey! You there!! So glad you are feeling better!!! You're siked! Im siked! We're gonna get this done!!!

I am going to ignore my carb withdrawls. Im going to ignore the fact that I am a cranky, miserable b right now. My nose is all stuffed up, and my eyes are sore. (this is not a cold, my body its p'd the heck off ) I know if will get better...I know it will get better... Let this be my lesson to never cheat again...

Happiness, skinniness, Here we all come!!!!!!
oh yuk Al, I know how you really get induction flu badly, better days ahead!
Quote:
Aww thank you!!! Here is a pic of my dress and the location for the ceremony/reception... 6 DAYS!

We are having about 130 guests so relatively small... this is a gorgeous mansion in a historic part of St. Paul, Minnesota... right next door to the governor's mansion.
smokin' hot!!!!!!!!!!
Quote:
Oh --and I know this prob sounds bad lol------but you have fantastic boobs too!,!

sorry y'all, still catching up, I went garage sailing yesterday with my adopted mom........more junk for ebay!!!!!!! Off to catch up more, CYA!
Old 09-12-2011, 08:50 AM   #453
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
You can come shopping here so--that look is everywhere here!! 1960s Twiggy!! I adore the look!( and now I'm actually 'thin' enough to wear it!! Lost my womanly hips!
more of an Audrey Hep look fan myself, I knew I shouldn't have tossed those stirrup pants.........
Quote:
CC, your wedding pics are so lovely!! I just love the look of everyone there...especially you!! Beautiful!
o Becks, thanks, apparently I'm the only one with the cow goggles on b/c everyone sez I look great and all I see is Elsie...
Quote:
Hooray for boobs!!

...wish I had some.

Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
I am stuffed...steak stew. Deffo a case of my eyes being bigger than my belly. Daughter is joining me for a week of Stills...It's fun planning the menu. Also, I jumped on the scale and am way over my stats:blush:...that's what happens when I feel sorry for myself and indulge in all that is forbidden. Not stressing about it though. It will soon be gone. Really gotta try and get my head around drinking more water...why do I find it so hard???
same here, no clue, water impaired!
Quote:
have to buy another keurig today, cause mine bit the dust... I forgot what it was like to have to make my own coffee, and wait for it!!!

and then I realized my wonderful hubby left me some iced in the fridge... my day is off to a good start!!!

My tummy has flattened out and Ive lost a few pounds. I feel great cause Im on the right track. Gotta keep my head in the game!! No turning back now!!!
yay flu over!
Quote:
MY OH is a nightmare at fixing things. I cringe when he tries to do it himself! I live in the house that Jack built.
OMG hilarious
Quote:
We got The Food Network last week through our cable ( we lost some channels--miss itv2+3) ......anyway watching Cupcake Wars---eating a can of tuna!!----some of the contestants don't look as though they've ever eaten a cupcake in ther lives!!
Looooove the cupcake aprons and the pink Kitchen Aid food mixers!!!
o my welcome to heaven!
Quote:
Sure is windy out there...after effects of katia.
Quote:
Was just gonna ask you if ye were getting it? It's fierce here!! Our trains have been cancelled ( any excuse!). Oh and flights in the West.
so that's where she went, was afraid for a bit, we are still reeling from Irene...ye must have a hurricane party! Locked in with lotsa booze!
Old 09-12-2011, 09:33 AM   #454
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Macc0021
Stats: Pregnant - trying to keep gains at a minimum! :)
WOE: wheat allergy + low carb + pregnant!
Start Date: Every day!
Low Carb, Sugar Free, No Bake Cheesecake!

Almond Flour Pie "Crust"
This is a very easy pie crust to make. This works best for a 9" pie pan. If you have an 8" one, the crust will be a little thicker, or you can cut back on the ingredients a bit.

Ingredients:

1 and 1/2 cups almond meal or almond flour
3 tablespoons melted butter
Artificial sweetener equal to 3 tablespoons sugar

Preparation:
Heat oven to 350 F. Melt the butter (if the pie pan is microwave safe, melt the butter in it) and mix the ingredients up in the pan and pat into place with your fingertips.

Bake for about 10 minutes until the crust is beginning to brown. After 8 minutes, check every minute or so, because once it starts to brown it goes quickly.

Nutritional Information: The whole pie shell has 11 grams effective carbohydrate plus 17 grams fiber and 30 grams protein.

Low Carb, No Bake Cheesecake
10 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 teaspoon lemon juice
zero-carb sugar substitute equal to about ˝ cup sugar (or to taste)
1 cup heavy cream

Preparation:
1. Bake the almond pie crust (recipe above) either in a deep-dish pie pan or springform pan (if using a pie pan, you don't need to spread the crust to the rim of the pan).

2. Combine cream cheese, vanilla, lemon juice, and sugar substitute very well. If you are using an electric mixer, fluff it up for a minute or two.

3. In a second bowl (if you have only one bowl for a stand mixer, just transfer the cream cheese and use the mixer again for this step), whip the cream to soft peaks - you actually want it slightly less beaten than you would for a dessert topping.

4. Mix about a third of the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture. Then gently mix another third in, and then the rest.

5. Spread cream cheese mixture into crust. Smooth off and chill for at least 2-3 hours. Cover with topping and serve.

Crustless option: Chill cream cheese mixture in bowl, then serve in individual dishes with topping.

Lower-calorie options: Use low-fat or fat-free cream cheese (add an extra gram or two of carb), and/or nix the crust.

Nutritional Information: With crust: Each of 8 servings has 3.5 grams effective carbohydrate plus 2 grams fiber (6 grams total carbohydrate), 7 grams protein, and 370 calories. Without crust: 2 grams carbohydrate (no fiber), 3 grams protein, and 230 calories.

Keep your eyes on the stars, and your feet on the ground.

In general, mankind, since the improvement of cookery, eats twice as much as nature requires.
Old 09-12-2011, 11:29 AM   #455
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Macc, just give me driving directions, I could be there with a fork in about 22 hours

seriously, thanks for the recipe, I'd be afraid to make it cuz I'd eat it
Old 09-12-2011, 11:56 AM   #456
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 195/195/175 5'3.5
WOE: stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011 Restart June 2014
Ok I hate the Ipad right now it just erased my long post grrr

I have been having a very hard time staying in plan on the weekends lately it seems no matter how hard I try I eat off pan on the weekends the good side of it is I eat well during the week so I am always back to my starting weight by Friday but right now I am trying to lose not maintain so I am very frustrated with myself and don't know why every time I get to 144 I feel I can eat off plan.

On the plus side I took my measurements on friday and They are the same they were on April 3rd when I first got to my goal of 145 so although I have been feeling big the past few months I know I am at the same as what I thought was small a few months ago.

I think I need to get a goal outfit again that I can try on regularly that's what worked for me in the past, any other ideas on how I can kick my butt into gear?
Old 09-12-2011, 12:33 PM   #457
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Macc0021
Stats: Pregnant - trying to keep gains at a minimum! :)
WOE: wheat allergy + low carb + pregnant!
Start Date: Every day!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
Macc, just give me driving directions, I could be there with a fork in about 22 hours

seriously, thanks for the recipe, I'd be afraid to make it cuz I'd eat it
Totally agree! I had my parents over yesterday for a BBQ and sent them home with all the leftovers!! It's delish They didn't even know it was sugar free and low carb
Old 09-12-2011, 01:13 PM   #458
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post

I have been having a very hard time staying in plan on the weekends lately it seems no matter how hard I try I eat off pan on the weekends the good side of it is I eat well during the week so I am always back to my starting weight by Friday but right now I am trying to lose not maintain so I am very frustrated with myself and don't know why every time I get to 144 I feel I can eat off plan.

On the plus side I took my measurements on friday and They are the same they were on April 3rd when I first got to my goal of 145 so although I have been feeling big the past few months I know I am at the same as what I thought was small a few months ago.

I think I need to get a goal outfit again that I can try on regularly that's what worked for me in the past, any other ideas on how I can kick my butt into gear?
Mar, you're pretty near goal so maybe this is time to ease into maintenance? are you home when off plan happens?

or you could

do your housekeeping nude

duct tape the fridge

hang bikinis in every room

seriously, the harder you are on yourself may make you want the cheat even more........love, not loathe
Quote:
Totally agree! I had my parents over yesterday for a BBQ and sent them home with all the leftovers!! It's delish They didn't even know it was sugar free and low carb
O love that! DH hasn't caught on that BBQ sauce and Coffee Mate is SF and I switched months ago!
Old 09-12-2011, 01:41 PM   #459
Major LCF Poster!

Yeah I am at home and usually bored and I am always aware that I am eating out of boredom or from cravings as opposed to real hunger but awareness doesn't always stop me. I even try and reason with myself Maybe it is cuz I'm being too strict with myself I don't know haha
Old 09-12-2011, 02:38 PM   #460
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
I'm soooooooo hungry today!! Aaaaaagh!! I've eaten an egg white omelette, can of tuna, 4 slices of ham and I've just eaten a can of salmon.......i'm literally starving!! Usually I don't have hunger!! Drinking tea and going to bed!!!
Old 09-12-2011, 03:01 PM   #461
Major LCF Poster!

I just figured out why I keep falling off the wagon, when I started in feb all my friends had just started diets too and I am competitive so I kept with it, also they were understanding cuz they were all on restrictive diets now I am the only one and cuz one friends hit goal, one moved to Ireland (and is still losing) and the other has gained where weight back and cuz I was most competitive with her I feel like I won. So I think I need someone to compete with even if that someone is a pair of size 4 pants I will fight to fit them
Old 09-12-2011, 04:32 PM   #462
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Yeah I am at home and usually bored and I am always aware that I am eating out of boredom or from cravings as opposed to real hunger but awareness doesn't always stop me. I even try and reason with myself Maybe it is cuz I'm being too strict with myself I don't know haha
half the time when I'm thinking hunger it's water I really need.......dunno
Quote:
I'm soooooooo hungry today!! Aaaaaagh!! I've eaten an egg white omelette, can of tuna, 4 slices of ham and I've just eaten a can of salmon.......i'm literally starving!! Usually I don't have hunger!! Drinking tea and going to bed!!!
you must hav e been working out again....get some rest! Sweet dreams!
Quote:
I just figured out why I keep falling off the wagon, when I started in feb all my friends had just started diets too and I am competitive so I kept with it, also they were understanding cuz they were all on restrictive diets now I am the only one and cuz one friends hit goal, one moved to Ireland (and is still losing) and the other has gained where weight back and cuz I was most competitive with her I feel like I won. So I think I need someone to compete with even if that someone is a pair of size 4 pants I will fight to fit them
aha! the hermit factor! beleive me I know what it's like...........and winter looms around the corner, waaaaaaaaaah
Old 09-12-2011, 05:13 PM   #463
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: becky123abc
Stats: 208/193/160 5'5.5"
Quote:

I've been sort of in that same mode of LCing on weekdays and pigging out on weekends...but I've not maintained...I've been a slow incline upwards...

I discovered that eating my LC trigger foods during the week kept me craving...and on weekends I would blow it. My trigger-cravings foods were Greek yogurt, any kind of nut butter and spray whipping cream.

Since giving those up, I'm not struggling with cravings near as much!

Could you have any trigger foods?

Sounds like you are in great shape...you'll be so ready for the big day!
Old 09-12-2011, 05:16 PM   #464
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Remember what AL said yesterday...about if meat doesn't sound good, then we aren't really hungry...If I were feeling true hunger pains, I'd grab some leftover chicken...or some more such meat.

I don't know why some days we are more hungry than other days...that's weird. hang in there!
Old 09-12-2011, 05:18 PM   #465
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Sometimes it is quite the mind game! Whatever works for you! It's always nice to have someone to have a little friendly competition with!
Old 09-12-2011, 06:08 PM   #466
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Quote:
i betcha my pantry full of crystal light, I can lose 20 pounds first!

Ready
Set
Go

Old 09-12-2011, 07:35 PM   #467
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Aloha Linz
Stats: 168/161/130 - 5'8"
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 9/5/2011
I really gotta learn how to use the quotes from other posts, in my post!

Al & GT, thanks so much for your words of wisdom!! I really love reading your experiences....the ups, the downs, all of it! It's more inspirational & educational than you realize!! So, thank you

I had a weird thing happen to me today....my appetite went away completely....for the first time being on Stillmans. Granted, I've only been on it a week, but have had a voracious appetite the entire last week! Today....nothing. I had two turkey breasts, split into 3 meals and a gallon of water. Could this be the no appetite everyone talks about?? Granted, I could've eaten a piece of bread, or cake....that sounded doable, but another bite of turkey or more protein....no way. I was done. No cravings or anything! I'm floored.

xoxo
Old 09-12-2011, 11:50 PM   #468
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Remember what AL said yesterday...about if meat doesn't sound good, then we aren't really hungry...If I were feeling true hunger pains, I'd grab some leftover chicken...or some more such meat.

I don't know why some days we are more hungry than other days...that's weird. hang in there!
I was really hungry-trust me! Tummy was grumbling! Was chugging down the water too!
Old 09-12-2011, 11:58 PM   #469
Big Yapper!!!!

Press the first 'quote' button on the bottom right hand corner of the post you want to reply to, write your reply, then press 'post quick reply' when finished or 'go advanced' to reply with smileys!!
Yay on the no hunger!!!!!! That's the best part of Stills!!!! That has really worn off for me at this stage though! mostly it's manageable!!!
Old 09-12-2011, 11:58 PM   #470
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
i betcha my pantry full of crystal light, I can lose 20 pounds first!

Ready
Set
Go

............. And she'll prob beat us all!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-13-2011, 04:22 AM   #471
Major LCF Poster!

Isn't it amazing?!?! That reminds me that there really IS something to the whole "carbs make your body produce more insulin and that makes you crave more" thing. I wish I could really understand and explain it.

I spent so much time hating myself for my lack of self control...but when I realized that it wasn't me just being weak...it was my body going through a physical experience...because of the carbs...That helped me give myself a break...

We are so hard on ourselves sometimes...

Now, if I can just remember that! : )

Congrats on being in the driver's seat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloha Linz View Post
I really gotta learn how to use the quotes from other posts, in my post!

Al & GT, thanks so much for your words of wisdom!! I really love reading your experiences....the ups, the downs, all of it! It's more inspirational & educational than you realize!! So, thank you

I had a weird thing happen to me today....my appetite went away completely....for the first time being on Stillmans. Granted, I've only been on it a week, but have had a voracious appetite the entire last week! Today....nothing. I had two turkey breasts, split into 3 meals and a gallon of water. Could this be the no appetite everyone talks about?? Granted, I could've eaten a piece of bread, or cake....that sounded doable, but another bite of turkey or more protein....no way. I was done. No cravings or anything! I'm floored.

xoxo
Old 09-13-2011, 04:40 AM   #472
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
............. And she'll prob beat us all!!!!!!!!!!

Ive often asked hubby to make a bet with me, so I understand completely what Mar is talkin about. Hubby never takes me up on it though. He says if I feel a change is necessary then I need to take control of it and do it for me, not some prize. blah,blah,blah...

cramps today...could be potty problems but hope its TOM!! It would be my luck to get prego in the first month that Im actually free all day in 6 years.
Old 09-13-2011, 04:41 AM   #473
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Isn't it amazing?!?! That reminds me that there really IS something to the whole "carbs make your body produce more insulin and that makes you crave more" thing. I wish I could really understand and explain it.

I spent so much time hating myself for my lack of self control...but when I realized that it wasn't me just being weak...it was my body going through a physical experience...because of the carbs...That helped me give myself a break...

We are so hard on ourselves sometimes...

Now, if I can just remember that! : )

Congrats on being in the driver's seat!
I couldnt wait to use this ----------->

although it should say "GREAT"
Old 09-13-2011, 04:46 AM   #474
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloha Linz View Post

xoxo
So happy for you!!! The day has come! The torture over!! Easy peasy now...You can do it. We are here.

Hows your energy level? I jumped out of bed today. Good things happen to those on meat!!
Old 09-13-2011, 05:00 AM   #475
Blabbermouth!!!

Have a great day peeps. I'll check in later after I get some chores done!!
Old 09-13-2011, 05:14 AM   #476
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: VeeH
Just checking in. Nice to hear all the honesty on the pages. Four more days til I go to wedding. Gotta get this fat off!
Old 09-13-2011, 05:22 AM   #477
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
He says if I feel a change is necessary then I need to take control of it and do it for me, not some prize. blah,blah,blah...

cramps today...could be potty problems but hope its TOM!! It would be my luck to get prego in the first month that Im actually free all day in 6 years.
Blah, blah, blah.......that would make me wanna hit him!!!

And ooooooooooooooooh---babies!!!
Old 09-13-2011, 05:23 AM   #478
Big Yapper!!!!

Hi Vee!
Old 09-13-2011, 05:24 AM   #479
Big Yapper!!!!

Im2-stop teasing us and check in more!!
Old 09-13-2011, 05:25 AM   #480
Big Yapper!!!!

Sitting drinking tea and eating a can of salmon--couldn't face that tuna!. Is it wrong that I went and had tea before showering after my workout!!
Closed Thread