Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2011, 11:58 AM   #391
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by nermo View Post
HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO PEEPSSSS!

I have been super busy the last couple of days and very good with stills. Then this mornining outta no where I was washing some grapes for my kiddies and started popping some in my mouth, then grabbed the box of oreos and half a cup of milk and then felt like crapppppppp. Dunno what happened seriously it's like I was possessed or something oh well...... I won't screw up the whole day, I'll just act like none of that just happened!

IM ((((((((((( sorry - hope you feel better!
Ooooooh getting fruit cravings!!!

Sponsored Links
Old 09-11-2011, 12:00 PM   #392
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
Ok 1 more tan life picture, me on a bed of nails I miss my tan tan legs
You've great legs!!!!
Old 09-11-2011, 12:01 PM   #393
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
Good Morning gals. . I will have to start all over again. . I was terribly ill yesterday - running a fever and everything - so I had to down some Nyquil and you know what that is composed of. . . OMG> . sugar. .yuck! Had to take a slug this morning just to be able to move. . so its really difficult to focus on my exercise and diet when I feel like crapola!! . .

See. .that's what happens when you don't take your vitamins. . .loading up on the C right now. .
Hope you're feeling better!,
Old 09-11-2011, 12:03 PM   #394
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macc0021 View Post
I had a dream last night that I was eating a huge pretzel rod dipped in chocolate... and my mom caught me and started yelling at me!!!

I wonder what tha means?? Craving chocolate and carbs much hmmmmm???
Mmmmmmmm what a dream!!!!!!!
Old 09-11-2011, 12:05 PM   #395
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
I know the science behind Atkins, just questioning the science behind Stills...? Why does it work better? Does protein actually convert to glucose? Is too much protein actually detrimental to weight loss at some point? Just random questions in my head...
Works better because the only fat you can burn is the fat off your body because you're ingesting none. On Atkins you'll burn the fat that you eat first!
Old 09-11-2011, 12:07 PM   #396
Big Yapper!!!!

Still saying a prayer for you, Makeme.
Old 09-11-2011, 12:08 PM   #397
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
madhatter
Ooooooooh i loooooooove it!!! The first one is gorgeous!!!!!
Old 09-11-2011, 12:09 PM   #398
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
I dont know? Im guessing I can fit by halloween!!! I am a 12 year old girl up top! LOL
If i can fit girls clothes in 12-14 then so can you!!!
Old 09-11-2011, 12:13 PM   #399
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post

O I have been so planning this since last year, I want to be a 60's Samantha.......in a cute 60's peter pan collar dress with a huge beehive or a 70's pantsuit.........

You can come shopping here so--that look is everywhere here!! 1960s Twiggy!! I adore the look!( and now I'm actually 'thin' enough to wear it!! Lost my womanly hips!
Old 09-11-2011, 12:53 PM   #400
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: johnsa37
Stats: 155.4 (post-partum) /155.4/130
WOE: Low carb to drop the baby weight :)
Start Date: Dec. 1, 2014
Thanks for the words of encouragement and compliments ladies! I really appreciate it - makes me feel good! I survived brunch, actually didn't eat too much at all.. I was too busy catching up with my girlfriends!!!
Old 09-11-2011, 01:37 PM   #401
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Aloha Linz
Stats: 168/161/130 - 5'8"
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 9/5/2011
Aleriaaa - thank you so much for taking time to write that out....it's actually, exactly what I was looking for! No one's perfect, that's for sure, but you got down to 113!! Wow!! I am very similar to you in the sense that I can't have free range of whatever foods I want, or I will eat my bodyweight in those foods. If I have a plan that works, I feel in control. Having no plan equals no control for me. I've realized a lot of my life is about control....and I feel the best when I am IN control....of food, my time & schedule, my house, etc...and ultimately, when I am in control of my FOOD, my life improves. Sad, but true...it's a total domino affect.

when did you go on vacation? That happened to me too actually...August 6th I did a photo shoot & was very lean, then went on vacation, and before I knew it 3 weeks had passed & I was up 15 lbs! all that hard work feels wasted, but I'm workin to get it offf....STAT! I like the fact that you do other meats besides the super lean ones...it helps to feel satisfied. does your appetite go away? Thanks again for sharing with me! Your story is very inspiring...and real.

Macc - your dress, the location, the honeymoon, YOU!! = ALL BEAUTIFUL!! You are going to be dazzling....can't wait to see pics after. Your hard work has paid off & then some!
Old 09-11-2011, 01:53 PM   #402
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloha Linz View Post
and before I knew it 3 weeks had passed & I was up 15 lbs! all that hard work feels wasted, but I'm workin to get it offf...
it's amazing how quickly it goes on...........but with the power if Stills it will come off just as quickly!!
Old 09-11-2011, 02:24 PM   #403
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: becky123abc
Stats: 210/166/160 5'5"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Oh --and I know this prob sounds bad lol------but you have fantastic boobs too!,!
That made me LOL!!
Old 09-11-2011, 02:26 PM   #404
Major LCF Poster!

I hope you are feeling better today IM!! We can do this!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
Ok.. feeling a tad bit better today but O sooo bloated. . all that sugar in the meds make me feel worse than the fever but I think that's on the downslide. .

Tomorrow.. tomorrow. . will mark my spot. I am going to boil up some eggs, dust off the hotsauce, . grab some chicken and give into my meat cravings!!!!

I shall soon be seeing less of myself and that's the way I like it!! this is the last day of fatness for me!!
Old 09-11-2011, 02:29 PM   #405
Major LCF Poster!

Hey AL!!! I love reading your posts!! I totally relate to what you said about meat. It satisfies, sustains and helps conquer cravings!

I have too many cute fall outfits to gain any more weight...i need to lose 10 pounds to be comfortable in my boot skirts!!

Quote:
Hi Linz! Thanks for your kind words! I started Stills at 189 at the end of July and got to the 120's by December. I was strictly meat, with seasonings/condiments, Crystal Light (and tequila, wine and other goodies on occasion ). Got to 113 come April, and by that time I was completely adapted to eating only meat. Not only was I thinner, but all aspects of my life and health improved. Mood, allergies, skin, nails. I had never felt better.

I started off eating lean and got quick results, but in time I realized that the meat + fat combo was the right one for me (fatty meat, like 80% ground beef, chicken legs, and ribeyes - yum ) to feel great. I was able to eat as much as I wanted whenever I wanted and still lost. I could lower my fat, with lean meats, a few days and drop weight, or up it and maintain. For the first time in my life I was in total control.

Unfortunately, after 9 months, I went and blew it on vacation , and Ive been struggling to get back to meat and that state of mind ever since. So its been good and bad. When following the rules of Stills with the strictness, my weight falls off, then I add the carbs back in and the weight piles on. In 2 years, I have never practiced proper maintenance, or at least been able to balance out my carbs in a way that doesnt make me gain. Im either on meat or Im off. Not very inspiring, almost depressing.

I dont want to count calories or watch what I eat. (or exercise ) Those are the hardest things in the world for me. Meat was the answer to all my problems, and it tasted darn good!!

Thanks for asking about me because you made me stop and think hard about myself and my time spent over the last year. Its not really about getting back to 113 or finally reaching my 110 goal to be thin, it should be about freeing my mind and getting back to meat. As extreme as it may sound, it had stopped being a diet for me, and I wanted "eating only meat" to be my way of life. Yeah I missed the tastes other foods, and thats what got the best of me in the end, but I firmly believe that zero carb is the way for me to go.

Ive also figured out, just now - that the possible reason I jump back and forth with this is because I have not given myself enough time to adapt again. I can stick with Stillmans and lose 20 pounds, no problem, its tough but I know I can. But because I can get to goal in such a short amount of time, its not enough time to let go of the hold carbs have on me and keep me away for good. So Im really gonna have to focus on this in the coming weeks and really try to stay stong for myself.

It's a blessing that my friend Becky came back to us today ( Hi there Becks!! ), because where I may sound like a looney tune, I think she might understand how meat has enlightened me because she has been there herself. She is another trooper on these boards that succeeded and I know she will again!!

So, I know its not exactly what you were looking for Linz, but I can promise you that if you follow Stillmans, without any diversions, you can get to goal by next month!! Keep it as simple as possible. Keep it lean, keep it meat. Each week you stick to it will get easier and easier. You can do it! I know you can!
Old 09-11-2011, 02:30 PM   #406
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
gosh, I talk waaaayyy to much....
no way!!!! Keep shining your light!!
Old 09-11-2011, 02:31 PM   #407
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
AND here is me today at 130.... :blush: Finally got the nerve to post some pics. I got some work to do still, but to be honest, I am pretty happy with my body. I do have an odd shape -- REALLY high wasted and no real hips I just want to look my absolute best on my wedding day (and honeymoon) so that I FEEL beautiful!
Your dress is beautiful Macc!! And you are in terrific shape! Wow! What a flat tummy you have! I look forward to seeing wedding pics!
Old 09-11-2011, 02:34 PM   #408
Major LCF Poster!

CC, your wedding pics are so lovely!! I just love the look of everyone there...especially you!! Beautiful!
Old 09-11-2011, 03:32 PM   #409
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloha Linz View Post
when did you go on vacation? That happened to me too actually...August 6th I did a photo shoot & was very lean, then went on vacation, and before I knew it 3 weeks had passed & I was up 15 lbs! all that hard work feels wasted, but I'm workin to get it offf....STAT! I like the fact that you do other meats besides the super lean ones...it helps to feel satisfied. does your appetite go away? Thanks again for sharing with me! Your story is very inspiring...and real.
Those extra pounds are gonna melt away with the quickness. You discovered the worlds best kept dieting secret- QWL!!

My vacation was a while ago with my first run with Stillmans in April 2010. After 9 months without a single veggie, I pigged out for 7 days at an all inclusive resort. I really went crazy after not having all that stuff for so long. If my memory serves me correct, I went from 113 to 130. (it was like 20 pounds) . Couldnt even zip up my jeans on the plane home. I looked prego (I think it took me a week before I went potty ) I crawled back to the boards all ashamed..

I jumped back on meat within a few days and got most of it off quick, but I never got back down to 113 cause I kept cheating here and there all the way up to present.

My appetite.. Its always been big. What can I say, I like a full plate! I can devour a 16 oz ribeye, or a 1.5 inch porterhouse and still eat my hubbys leftovers. The beauty of it is as long as its meat, I wouldnt gain a pound. When Im following Stillmans strictly (lean only) I eat double portions, like 2 chicken breasts, family pack of tuna, 1 to 1.5 lb of ground turkey, usually 2 meals a day. So I guess my appetite is still up but my cravings for other things are non-existant.

When Im on the meat plan after a week or 2, its only then that I know when true hunger is. If a steak sounds good, it means Im hungry and I eat. If a steak doesnt sound good at the moment, then Im not hungry and I wait til it does. When carbs are involved, I always feel hungry and always want more. scary....
Old 09-11-2011, 03:33 PM   #410
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Oh --and I know this prob sounds bad lol------but you have fantastic boobs too!,!
Hooray for boobs!!

...wish I had some.
Old 09-11-2011, 03:35 PM   #411
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
If i can fit girls clothes in 12-14 then so can you!!!
do you dress up for halloween?
Old 09-11-2011, 03:37 PM   #412
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by becky123abc View Post
Hey AL!!! I love reading your posts!! I totally relate to what you said about meat. It satisfies, sustains and helps conquer cravings!

I have too many cute fall outfits to gain any more weight...i need to lose 10 pounds to be comfortable in my boot skirts!!
too bad I couldnt get that point across in one sentence, like you!!

10 pounds will be a cinch Becky!!! Whats your plan of attack?
Old 09-11-2011, 04:43 PM   #413
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
do you dress up for halloween?
No! Not since I was about 10 or 11!!!
Old 09-11-2011, 05:16 PM   #414
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Those extra pounds are gonna melt away with the quickness. You discovered the worlds best kept dieting secret- QWL!!

My vacation was a while ago with my first run with Stillmans in April 2010. After 9 months without a single veggie, I pigged out for 7 days at an all inclusive resort. I really went crazy after not having all that stuff for so long. If my memory serves me correct, I went from 113 to 130. (it was like 20 pounds) . Couldnt even zip up my jeans on the plane home. I looked prego (I think it took me a week before I went potty ) I crawled back to the boards all ashamed..

I jumped back on meat within a few days and got most of it off quick, but I never got back down to 113 cause I kept cheating here and there all the way up to present.

My appetite.. Its always been big. What can I say, I like a full plate! I can devour a 16 oz ribeye, or a 1.5 inch porterhouse and still eat my hubbys leftovers. The beauty of it is as long as its meat, I wouldnt gain a pound. When Im following Stillmans strictly (lean only) I eat double portions, like 2 chicken breasts, family pack of tuna, 1 to 1.5 lb of ground turkey, usually 2 meals a day. So I guess my appetite is still up but my cravings for other things are non-existant.

When Im on the meat plan after a week or 2, its only then that I know when true hunger is. If a steak sounds good, it means Im hungry and I eat. If a steak doesnt sound good at the moment, then Im not hungry and I wait til it does. When carbs are involved, I always feel hungry and always want more. scary....:cry:
This describes ME to a TEEE!!!!
Old 09-11-2011, 06:57 PM   #415
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
No! Not since I was about 10 or 11!!!
me either, but I want too!!!! not to trick or treat with the kids - i wanna go to a party!!!
Old 09-11-2011, 07:07 PM   #416
Blabbermouth!!!

Im soooooo sleepy, but feel a lot better than this morning. I got through another day without carbs. Looking forward to doing it again tomorrow!!
Old 09-12-2011, 02:20 AM   #417
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Im soooooo sleepy, but feel a lot better than this morning. I got through another day without carbs. Looking forward to doing it again tomorrow!!
Old 09-12-2011, 04:56 AM   #418
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Quote:
Hey! You there!! So glad you are feeling better!!! You're siked! Im siked! We're gonna get this done!!!

I am going to ignore my carb withdrawls. Im going to ignore the fact that I am a cranky, miserable b right now. My nose is all stuffed up, and my eyes are sore. (this is not a cold, my body its p'd the heck off ) I know if will get better...I know it will get better... Let this be my lesson to never cheat again...

Happiness, skinniness, Here we all come!!!!!!
Old 09-12-2011, 05:00 AM   #419
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Love the dress Mac!! And you have a fantastic figure already! You'll make a stunning bride!!
I second that!
Old 09-12-2011, 05:01 AM   #420
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Still saying a prayer for you, Makeme.
Thanks GT
Closed Thread