Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2011, 03:29 PM   #361
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macc0021 View Post
I know the science behind Atkins, just questioning the science behind Stills...? Why does it work better? Does protein actually convert to glucose? Is too much protein actually detrimental to weight loss at some point? Just random questions in my head...
even Stills couldnt explain the science! Basically he just said, trust me, it works.

From the Book:
HOW THIS DIET BURNS UP 275 MORE CALORIES DAILY

If you’re concerned only with the “how” of taking off excess weight rapidly, then you can simply use the Quick Weight Loss Diet and get its benefits. You need not read the details here on “why” this high protein diet functions so well in the human system to reduce you faster. This information is for those who are interested and who find it helps them to keep dieting when they know such “whys.”

This explanation is in the most simplified terms, certainly not in complete scientific detail which only scholars would understand – they know all this already. The diet is made up entirely of protein, chief constituent of animal bodies. The ability of protein to produce more energy is called the specific dynamic action of protein.

What is important to you is that this diet, which in essence provides protein only, works more efficiently than other types of diets, from a chemical and metabolic viewpoint, in burning up fat. With this method, the system burns up about 275 more calories daily than a diet of the same total caloric intake but including, for example, fruits, vegetables, butter, margarine and oil.

Most foods that grow have some protein in them and are able to raise the fires of metabolism to some extent. The degree depends on the amount of protein in the foods. Those listed on the Quick Weight Loss Diet have a higher proportion of protein. The resultant burning capacity is excellent so that you eat and burn up your own fat. Some of this fat (your own body fat) is converted into a small amount of carbohydrate or sugar. The remainder of the fat is converted into energy or fuel. The fat is mainly broken down into fatty acids which provide the body with its heat and energy when no carbohydrates or sugars are ingested. This process is a step by step reaction; with each reaction some energy and heat are slowly given off.
In this process about 60% of the fat is completely oxidized (united with oxygen) into carbon dioxide and water. A large percentage is left as ashes in the “furnace” to be disposed of. (Unused fatty acids such as oxybutyric acid and aceto-acetic acid are the “ashes” of fat refuse.)

Studies have shown that persons on a high protein diet such as this, with no carbohydrate intake, melt the fat out of the storage or fat centers. The fat is brought to the blood where it is transported to the liver. Here it is broken down into bile salts and acids. The unused fat is again poured into the blood as ketone bodies.

These are really fatty acids which are brought to the kidneys and carried away in urine. The body withdraws extra water to dilute these acids. That is why the body not only loses extra fat but also9 depletes extra intercellular water and is a reason why there is usually more frequent urination with this diet. As a result, the body is lighter, and the heart, lungs and blood vessels beat, breathe and flow more easily. Thus most people on the diet feel lighter and better very quickly.

The fatty acids are also slight irritants to the kidney. In order to get rid of them the body must have plenty of water to wash them out. That’s why no less than 8 glasses of water a day is specified.

If you should take sugars and carbohydrates, here is why it would cut down radically the effectiveness of the Quick Loss Diet. Each gram of carbohydrate you ingest substitutes for the burning up of 1 to 2 grams of your body fat, equivalent to 9 or 18 calories. If carbohydrates are taken in, the body ignores using it’s fat and uses the carbohydrates only. Thus the fat, instead of being burned up, is stored in your fat deposits.

The “why” of this functioning is not fully understood scientifically. But on this regiment, you as a dieter get the advantage of this fact and continue to reduce even though you may be eating permitted protein foods totaling 1,300 to 2,500 calories daily.

If you disregard the instructions and eat regular carbohydrates or sugar or alcohol, you will stop burning up stored fat as efficiently. Even one indiscretion, one mouthful of ice cream, for example, will set you back a day or two. The diet must be observed strictly or you will not do as well as many thousands before you have done in using up bulging fat.

You will lose the most weight on the Quick Loss Diet, most quickly, if you eat only to satisfy your hunger pangs rather than to gratify a desire to eat just for the pleasure of eating. Understand that with this diet your body supplies the fat and carbohydrates which are lacking in the diet. You use up stored fat for energy and also convert the protein into starches for energy. So the less you eat, the more you use up excess fat stored in your body.

I must make it clear from a professional viewpoint that the Quick Loss Diet is not a “miracle cure” or a scientific functioning of my own invention. High-protein diets are not “new”; this is just my own version, one which I have found to be most usable and effective.

Sponsored Links
Old 09-09-2011, 03:31 PM   #362
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloha Linz View Post
Anyway, I'm down another 3 lbs from yesterday! So since Tuesday, I'm down 6 lbs! Started at 163, down to 156.8....yippeeee!
Thats fantastic!! Nice job!!
Old 09-09-2011, 03:32 PM   #363
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
Good Morning gals. . I will have to start all over again. . I was terribly ill yesterday - running a fever and everything - so I had to down some Nyquil and you know what that is composed of. . . OMG> . sugar. .yuck! Had to take a slug this morning just to be able to move. . so its really difficult to focus on my exercise and diet when I feel like crapola!! . .

See. .that's what happens when you don't take your vitamins. . .loading up on the C right now. .
Hope you feel better!!!!
Old 09-09-2011, 03:33 PM   #364
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeeH View Post
I would love to lose 5 full pounds by next Friday. I'm sure it's doable, I just have to do it, because I want to look good in my dress!

Have a great day, everyone!

Vee
You can soooo do this!!!
Old 09-09-2011, 04:55 PM   #365
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
u are amazing.... I need to sign up for CCs bootcamp. You may be the only one that can whip me into shape.
OMG Al, it's like Survivor living up here sometimes..........
Old 09-09-2011, 05:05 PM   #366
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
well y'all, we are settling in for movie night, Wild Wild West with Will Smith and Kevin Kline. It never gets old.....

O and finally figured out what mum needs for christmas......a wallet! She bot a Dior and when it arrived it had all kinds of problems from people looking at it in the store.......so I am stalking a Versace for starters......the Cartiers are all in Japan and I don't trust them, too many knock offs. Mulberrys are only in the UK and I don't think she will appreciate the brand.......
Old 09-10-2011, 07:38 AM   #367
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Macc0021
Stats: Pregnant - trying to keep gains at a minimum! :)
WOE: wheat allergy + low carb + pregnant!
Start Date: Every day!
Man my weight has been all over the place this week but 130.8 this morning - I'll take it for now!!
Old 09-10-2011, 11:59 AM   #368
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nermo
Stats: 272/198 /180 for now
WOE: Stillman
Start Date: jan2010
HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO PEEPSSSS!

I have been super busy the last couple of days and very good with stills. Then this mornining outta no where I was washing some grapes for my kiddies and started popping some in my mouth, then grabbed the box of oreos and half a cup of milk and then felt like crapppppppp. Dunno what happened seriously it's like I was possessed or something oh well...... I won't screw up the whole day, I'll just act like none of that just happened!

IM ((((((((((( sorry - hope you feel better!
Old 09-10-2011, 02:14 PM   #369
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Man my weight has been all over the place this week but 130.8 this morning - I'll take it for now!!
only 10 more pounds to go!! you can do it!!
Old 09-10-2011, 02:15 PM   #370
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nermo View Post
HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO PEEPSSSS!

I have been super busy the last couple of days and very good with stills. Then this mornining outta no where I was washing some grapes for my kiddies and started popping some in my mouth, then grabbed the box of oreos and half a cup of milk and then felt like crapppppppp. Dunno what happened seriously it's like I was possessed or something oh well...... I won't screw up the whole day, I'll just act like none of that just happened!

IM ((((((((((( sorry - hope you feel better!
HELLLLOOOOO!!!!

Nothing a few meat scrambles can't cure! Are you still making them??
Old 09-10-2011, 02:18 PM   #371
Blabbermouth!!!

GT??? We need updates! Do any shopping today?
Old 09-10-2011, 04:57 PM   #372
Senior LCF Member

My workout today = cleaning the entire house. I'm SWEATY and decided to take a break to check on you gals... I'm doing good today... Just had some PB2 this morning, a hb egg, and some licks from the bowl -- I am making sugar free, low carb cheesecake bars for a party tomorrow at my house. For dinner, 2 turkey burger when I get hungry. I am however failing on my water consumption and need to ramp it up... CHEERS to ice water!!

Hope you all are having a fabulous day!!
Old 09-10-2011, 06:25 PM   #373
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Aloha Linz
Stats: 168/161/130 - 5'8"
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 9/5/2011
Mac! Ramp up the water! If you don't drink enough, your body will hold onto it. The more you drink, the more your body knows it will be hydrated & will let it go. Weird...i know... but true.

Aleriaaa I've been reading old threads & have been so inspired by you! I'm talkin way back to the 2009 threads!! So awesome to see you using stillmans even 2 yrs later. I'm only on Dec 2009, would you mind giving me a little sneak peak into what your results were from then til now? I just love good ole success stories & how they did it! Love your writing too
Old 09-10-2011, 06:38 PM   #374
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/177/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Ok.. feeling a tad bit better today but O sooo bloated. . all that sugar in the meds make me feel worse than the fever but I think that's on the downslide. .

Tomorrow.. tomorrow. . will mark my spot. I am going to boil up some eggs, dust off the hotsauce, . grab some chicken and give into my meat cravings!!!!

I shall soon be seeing less of myself and that's the way I like it!! this is the last day of fatness for me!!
Old 09-10-2011, 06:41 PM   #375
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: becky123abc
Stats: 205/199/160 5'5.5"
Hi All!!
I feel like my big ship has made the turn and changed its course...FINALLY! Today makes for the FIRST Saturday in over two months that I have not binged on carbs...

I feel like I'm back in the driver's seat...and it feels so good. I think not eating Spray Whipping cream, Greek Yogurt or any kind of nut butter has helped me. Those yummy LC foods seem to give me cravings...incredibly strong cravings.

I was being good through the week, but eating the carbs on the weekend.

I'm headed back for the 150's! I was at 170 earlier this week...and this morning I was at 163. It just amazes me how quickly the weight comes on after a day of crazy eating. Surely that will help me stay on track this time.

It's so great to see everyone on here.

My mainstays right now are ground beef with maybe some mustard a little mayo & reduced sugar ketchup....mixed up....very good to me right now. And I like grilled chicken...

I'm taking a break from steak...I did have a filet mignon from Outback Thursday night...twas soooo good!

It just feels so good to be headed downward again! (Hopefully!)
Old 09-11-2011, 06:37 AM   #376
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloha Linz View Post
Aleriaaa I've been reading old threads & have been so inspired by you! I'm talkin way back to the 2009 threads!! So awesome to see you using stillmans even 2 yrs later. I'm only on Dec 2009, would you mind giving me a little sneak peak into what your results were from then til now? I just love good ole success stories & how they did it! Love your writing too

Hi Linz! Thanks for your kind words! I started Stills at 189 at the end of July and got to the 120's by December. I was strictly meat, with seasonings/condiments, Crystal Light (and tequila, wine and other goodies on occasion ). Got to 113 come April, and by that time I was completely adapted to eating only meat. Not only was I thinner, but all aspects of my life and health improved. Mood, allergies, skin, nails. I had never felt better.

I started off eating lean and got quick results, but in time I realized that the meat + fat combo was the right one for me (fatty meat, like 80% ground beef, chicken legs, and ribeyes - yum ) to feel great. I was able to eat as much as I wanted whenever I wanted and still lost. I could lower my fat, with lean meats, a few days and drop weight, or up it and maintain. For the first time in my life I was in total control.

Unfortunately, after 9 months, I went and blew it on vacation , and Ive been struggling to get back to meat and that state of mind ever since. So its been good and bad. When following the rules of Stills with the strictness, my weight falls off, then I add the carbs back in and the weight piles on. In 2 years, I have never practiced proper maintenance, or at least been able to balance out my carbs in a way that doesnt make me gain. Im either on meat or Im off. Not very inspiring, almost depressing.

I dont want to count calories or watch what I eat. (or exercise ) Those are the hardest things in the world for me. Meat was the answer to all my problems, and it tasted darn good!!

Thanks for asking about me because you made me stop and think hard about myself and my time spent over the last year. Its not really about getting back to 113 or finally reaching my 110 goal to be thin, it should be about freeing my mind and getting back to meat. As extreme as it may sound, it had stopped being a diet for me, and I wanted "eating only meat" to be my way of life. Yeah I missed the tastes other foods, and thats what got the best of me in the end, but I firmly believe that zero carb is the way for me to go.

Ive also figured out, just now - that the possible reason I jump back and forth with this is because I have not given myself enough time to adapt again. I can stick with Stillmans and lose 20 pounds, no problem, its tough but I know I can. But because I can get to goal in such a short amount of time, its not enough time to let go of the hold carbs have on me and keep me away for good. So Im really gonna have to focus on this in the coming weeks and really try to stay stong for myself.

It's a blessing that my friend Becky came back to us today ( Hi there Becks!! ), because where I may sound like a looney tune, I think she might understand how meat has enlightened me because she has been there herself. She is another trooper on these boards that succeeded and I know she will again!!

So, I know its not exactly what you were looking for Linz, but I can promise you that if you follow Stillmans, without any diversions, you can get to goal by next month!! Keep it as simple as possible. Keep it lean, keep it meat. Each week you stick to it will get easier and easier. You can do it! I know you can!
Old 09-11-2011, 06:39 AM   #377
Blabbermouth!!!

gosh, I talk waaaayyy to much....
Old 09-11-2011, 06:49 AM   #378
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
Ok.. feeling a tad bit better today but O sooo bloated. . all that sugar in the meds make me feel worse than the fever but I think that's on the downslide. .

Tomorrow.. tomorrow. . will mark my spot. I am going to boil up some eggs, dust off the hotsauce, . grab some chicken and give into my meat cravings!!!!

I shall soon be seeing less of myself and that's the way I like it!! this is the last day of fatness for me!!
Hey! You there!! So glad you are feeling better!!! You're siked! Im siked! We're gonna get this done!!!

I am going to ignore my carb withdrawls. Im going to ignore the fact that I am a cranky, miserable b right now. My nose is all stuffed up, and my eyes are sore. (this is not a cold, my body its p'd the heck off ) I know if will get better...I know it will get better... Let this be my lesson to never cheat again...

Happiness, skinniness, Here we all come!!!!!!
Old 09-11-2011, 07:10 AM   #379
Senior LCF Member

Sending strength to all of my Stills ladies today! We CAN do it!!

I am at 130.2 today... less than yesterday, I'll take that too!!

Tomorrow I hope to break into the 120's!!!!

HOWEVER... I am meeting friends for brunch in a couple hours - probably my only meal of the day. I think breakfast is much easier to eat out with people because there are more options to fill up on. I think I will mostly fill up on scrambled eggs and some prime rib. I will most likely have a couple strips of bacon, but I will definitely avoid the cheesy hashbrowns and cinnamon rolls like the plague!!!!

Keep your eyes on the stars, and your feet on the ground.

In general, mankind, since the improvement of cookery, eats twice as much as nature requires.
Old 09-11-2011, 07:42 AM   #380
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Sending strength to all of my Stills ladies today! We CAN do it!!

I am at 130.2 today... less than yesterday, I'll take that too!!

Tomorrow I hope to break into the 120's!!!!

HOWEVER... I am meeting friends for brunch in a couple hours - probably my only meal of the day. I think breakfast is much easier to eat out with people because there are more options to fill up on. I think I will mostly fill up on scrambled eggs and some prime rib. I will most likely have a couple strips of bacon, but I will definitely avoid the cheesy hashbrowns and cinnamon rolls like the plague!!!!
Only good things come to a girl on meat!!! and congrats on your upcoming wedding btw! give me some details! Ive been away for too long!!

mmmm prime rib...my mouth is drooling...
Old 09-11-2011, 08:32 AM   #381
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Only good things come to a girl on meat!!! and congrats on your upcoming wedding btw! give me some details! Ive been away for too long!!

Aww thank you!!! Here is a pic of my dress and the location for the ceremony/reception... 6 DAYS!

We are having about 130 guests so relatively small... this is a gorgeous mansion in a historic part of St. Paul, Minnesota... right next door to the governor's mansion.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 23004_1_1024 1024x768.jpg (34.1 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg m.photo.jpg (38.6 KB, 12 views)
Old 09-11-2011, 08:37 AM   #382
Blabbermouth!!!

I weddings! Beautiful dress! and the honeymoon?
Old 09-11-2011, 08:43 AM   #383
Senior LCF Member

ARUBA!

This hotel...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg aruba_generic.jpg (30.5 KB, 5 views)
Old 09-11-2011, 08:48 AM   #384
Senior LCF Member

I found my goal weight picture... this is me in Mexico in 2005... I have no idea what I weighed in this picture, but I am guessing 120ish? I didn't weigh at this point in my life... got to this weight by cutting all processed foods (so basically low carb?) in college.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg n13904439_37268186_2727.jpg (39.3 KB, 25 views)
Old 09-11-2011, 08:58 AM   #385
Senior LCF Member

AND here is me today at 130.... :blush: Finally got the nerve to post some pics. I got some work to do still, but to be honest, I am pretty happy with my body. I do have an odd shape -- REALLY high wasted and no real hips I just want to look my absolute best on my wedding day (and honeymoon) so that I FEEL beautiful!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20110911_105126.jpg (23.3 KB, 29 views)
Old 09-11-2011, 10:05 AM   #386
Blabbermouth!!!

You have a fantastic figure Mac!!! at 120 and 130!! Thanks so much for sharing! Shows me how hot we can look even if we are shorties!

So excited you'll be vacationing in Aruba with your very cute hubby! You'll definitely have to tell us all about it! I've visited St. Lucia, Antigua, and Punta Cana. Loved them all!

You have much to be happy about and we are so happy for you!!
Old 09-11-2011, 10:54 AM   #387
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Hi Becky!! Hi Im2!!! Hi Nermo!! Good to see you peeps back!!
Old 09-11-2011, 10:55 AM   #388
Big Yapper!!!!

Love the dress Mac!! And you have a fantastic figure already! You'll make a stunning bride!!
Old 09-11-2011, 10:56 AM   #389
Big Yapper!!!!

Oh --and I know this prob sounds bad lol------but you have fantastic boobs too!,!
Old 09-11-2011, 10:57 AM   #390
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
gosh, I talk waaaayyy to much....
We love it!!!!!!
Closed Thread