Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2011, 07:20 PM   #211
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Aloha Linz
Stats: 168/161/130 - 5'8"
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 9/5/2011
Evening all! I am super tired....oye vey. Haven't been sleeping well the last few nights. The good news is that I did really well today with my eats. Actually, maybe a little toooo well cause I barely ate. I had ZERO appetite. How bout them apples!? I had two turkey breasts, split up into 3 meals, plus a gallon of water. That's it. The fitness freak in me is freaking out cause I need to keep my body's furnace lit to burn fat throughout the day & not slow my metabolism...but the girl in me that wants to be skinny is proud of me for not having a ginormous appetite for once. I gotta find a happy medium....which is why I split it into 3 meals...so maybe that IS my happy medium?? We'll see.

Erin - you're so right about the dirty proteins...they're loaded! good for you for staying on track & gettin' those runs in girl! You rock!!

Cloe - ya girl, I'm gonna keep goin' in october! Let's keep this train a rollin! Way to go on the 1 1/2 lbs!! Whooo hoooo!!

Mac - where's the turkey recall?? Zoiks!!

Lizbob! Atta girl!! What's your menu been like? Really proud of you! Keep it up darlin!

Tomorrow I'm just gonna keep on keepin on...I'll be interested to see ifmy appetite is the same tomorrow. I haven't experienced the no appetite on stillmans yet, so.....this could be interesting! In a very good way!!

Love to you all....xoxoxo
Aloha Linz is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-13-2011, 04:39 AM   #212
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Pipper
Hi girls I'm back. DH got my laptop up and running again.

I am back on plan today.

Tuna and water today. Tennis for exercise.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Pipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 06:59 AM   #213
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: cloe147
Stats: 264/248.4/164
WOE: Stillmans QWL
Start Date: September 4th, 2011
@ aloha_linz, that's fabulous and keep up the good work! I am in the same boat. No appetite and eating very little, I have been trying to up my calorie intake to a saner level. It's beautiful, though, not having to worry about cravings isn't it?

@ the rest of my stillman sisters, a big hug and keep up the good work! Hope you all are having a fabulous day!

Today has not been the best. I didn't get much sleep, and I had too much sodium so the scale is up .6 pounds. I am not recording that on the left as it's bound to go right down again as water weight and not enough rest are the cause. I checked my ketones five times yesterday and I'm still burning the midnight fires, so to speak. I will get some rest tonight and weigh in tomorrow with some good news (hopefully!).
cloe147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 09:45 AM   #214
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Macc0021
Stats: Pregnant - trying to keep gains at a minimum! :)
WOE: wheat allergy + low carb + pregnant!
Start Date: Every day!
Cargill ground turkey recall product information
Macc0021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 10:42 AM   #215
Senior LCF Member

Hiya girls!

how's everyone doing?

Welcome back pipper! Way to get back on plan!

Cloe - The no cravings/hunger thing IS a beautiful thing! I don't think I've ever experienced that, EVER! don't even sweat that up .6! You aren't eating off plan....it's just your body being crazy! What are you eating, anyway? Keep on truckin' girl! Get that beauty sleep! I haven't been sleeping well either. I'm up at 4:30am almost every day & have trouble letely falling asleep before 10. Today I took a nap from 7am to 10am & I feel refreshed! Sleep is SO underrated!!! It's like WATER!

Macc - thanks for that! Thanks gawd I'm not affected by that! I cringe at the thought....

Today I've had 2 protein shakes with protein & water...it's all that sounded good...I will have some turkey later, just couldn't stomach it earlier today.

I'm still on track & feeling good! Really ready to see some BIG changes in my body & BIG differences on the scale! I'm bouncing around but mostly staying at 158. When I hit the 140's I will par-tay!!

Hang in there girls....and remember, this is ONLY 30 days! Half of which, are almost over!! So, only 17 more days!! That's 10-17 more pounds we could lose in September alone!! and who says we have to stop in september?! I want to look & feel like a million bucks. I know this plan can deliver for me if I am faithful. If I fall off, I will get right back on. But I know the more I fall off, it will delay my progress, so I'm gonna try my darndest to not fall off anymore. Maybe PLANNED cheats. Now there's a novel idea. YOU can do it, I can do it....but I can't do it without YOU!!

Love to you ALL! xoxoxo

Last edited by Aloha Linz; 09-13-2011 at 10:44 AM..
Old 09-14-2011, 06:19 AM   #216
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: cloe147
Stats: 264/248.4/164
WOE: Stillmans QWL
Start Date: September 4th, 2011
Hi everyone!

I'm happy to report that despite my sodium intake (I'll explain in a moment) and still not a whole lot of sleep , the scale budged and I'm at 248.4!

@ aloha_linz, I've been eating chicken breast and tuna packets and water! Although, not nearly as much as I should, probably. I'm barely getting my recommended protein intake as it is. Shame on me lol.

Where is everyone? I hope everyone is doing ok!
cloe147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 07:49 AM   #217
Senior LCF Member

Hi cloe! Looks like it's just you & me kid! Yipppeeeeee on the loss!! So if I'm looking at your stats, that's a total of 16lbs down right?? soooo awesome!! Can I ask are you eating any fat at all? Do you have any nausea? I have been soooo nauseas lately! Monday I did very little turkey....had no appetite. Then tuesday (yesterday) nothing sounded good so I just drank two protein shakes....I was so nauseas & tired I didn't even go to work! I ended up eating some oatmeal cause I felt faint. I can't have that happen again. I feel much better, but am thinking about adding a lil fat just to take the nausea away....hoping it helps! anyway, I've got a big pot roast in the slow cooker going & I'll be having that later! This morning will be some turkey bacon I think! I know it's not totally stillman's legit, but I think I need a little of this right now.....I will go back to lean & clean tomorrow. Maybe a little fat & sodium refeed is what I need

Emily where are you my love? Talk to me, what's goin on in that pretty little head of yours?

xoxoxo
Old 09-14-2011, 08:06 AM   #218
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lizbob
Stats: 133.6/131.8/115
WOE: LFL
Start Date: 9/26 xmas challenge
Hi, ladies (and any male lurkers ),
I'm here, too! Just can't always post.
Trying to really cut back before the beach trip this weekend. Got a copy of the Thin Commandments. Also trying out SillyErin's advice about dieting unemotionally. Since my weight provides the main drama in my life, 'cause, knock on wood--I really have no major personal problems right now, maybe the excitement of....losing weight!, then gaining weight, the suspense of being tempted at a party or dinner (will I be strong? will I succumb to the pecan pie?) may be what provides adventure in an otherwise pleasant life.
By extension, I also tried applying this to driving in heavy traffic. Really, my only job on the road is to safely get from point A to point B without getting hurt or hurting anyone. No need to fume about the random tailgater or speed demon . No need to panic because, as usual, I piddled while getting ready (which earrings? which shoes?) and now I'm going be late.
A calm, unsentimental, serene dieter is what I'm striving to be....
And, yes I'd like to continue our group through October. Since I'm losing at a satisfactory pace, my goal will be to reach 115 by Christmas--as a present to myself!
Well, back to work! Have a Stillman-compliant day! Hugs to all of you!
Lizbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 08:08 AM   #219
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloha Linz View Post
Hi cloe! Looks like it's just you & me kid! Yipppeeeeee on the loss!! So if I'm looking at your stats, that's a total of 16lbs down right?? soooo awesome!! Can I ask are you eating any fat at all? Do you have any nausea? I have been soooo nauseas lately! Monday I did very little turkey....had no appetite. Then tuesday (yesterday) nothing sounded good so I just drank two protein shakes....I was so nauseas & tired I didn't even go to work! I ended up eating some oatmeal cause I felt faint. I can't have that happen again. I feel much better, but am thinking about adding a lil fat just to take the nausea away....hoping it helps! anyway, I've got a big pot roast in the slow cooker going & I'll be having that later! This morning will be some turkey bacon I think! I know it's not totally stillman's legit, but I think I need a little of this right now.....I will go back to lean & clean tomorrow. Maybe a little fat & sodium refeed is what I need

Emily where are you my love? Talk to me, what's goin on in that pretty little head of yours?

xoxoxo
Ketosis makes me kind of nauseous too for a couple days.. I usually drink some chicken broth (low sodium of course!) and it helps a bit...
Old 09-14-2011, 09:19 AM   #220
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizbob View Post
Hi, ladies (and any male lurkers ),
I'm here, too! Just can't always post.
Trying to really cut back before the beach trip this weekend. Got a copy of the Thin Commandments. Also trying out SillyErin's advice about dieting unemotionally. Since my weight provides the main drama in my life, 'cause, knock on wood--I really have no major personal problems right now, maybe the excitement of....losing weight!, then gaining weight, the suspense of being tempted at a party or dinner (will I be strong? will I succumb to the pecan pie?) may be what provides adventure in an otherwise pleasant life.
By extension, I also tried applying this to driving in heavy traffic. Really, my only job on the road is to safely get from point A to point B without getting hurt or hurting anyone. No need to fume about the random tailgater or speed demon . No need to panic because, as usual, I piddled while getting ready (which earrings? which shoes?) and now I'm going be late.
A calm, unsentimental, serene dieter is what I'm striving to be....
And, yes I'd like to continue our group through October. Since I'm losing at a satisfactory pace, my goal will be to reach 115 by Christmas--as a present to myself!
Well, back to work! Have a Stillman-compliant day! Hugs to all of you!
Liz you are so cute! I adore this post!! I totally understand people have a life and can't always post...I don't, so I panic & think people don't like me. Or maybe I just think they're never coming back cause they fell off the wagon. I'd so much rather people post if they cheated, then never come back again cause they fell off!

I wanna be a calm, unsentimental, serene dieter too!! I love that! Give us a sneak peak at what your menu has been? Congrats to your steady weight loss!! Really really proud of & happy for you!! xoxo
Old 09-14-2011, 01:45 PM   #221
Senior LCF Member

Typical Stillkin's menu for me

BKFST (sometimes skip it, not usually hungry):
2 low-fat string cheese
OR
2 slices turkey bacon
OR
1 boiled egg chopped up with 1 slice turkey bacon

AM SNACK
1 low-fat string cheese. Then another one! Sometimes a third one!
I nuke the mozarella sticks 10-12 seconds and they are wonderful!
OR
1 cup LF cottage cheese

LUNCH
2 LF string cheese rolled up in think slices of lean roast beef, nuked 40 seconds. Then I spread a little dijon mustard on them & eat 'em up!
OR
2 cups cooked frozen shrimp nuked 1-2 minutes
OR
Salmon fillet, thawed and nuked 2-3 minutes
AND
SF Jell-O for dessert

PM snack
Same as AM snack OR more SF Jell-O
About twice a week I fall victim to random cookies or leftover bad snacks at the office . Sometimes to protect myself I get a tiny bag of peanuts, or SF gum to ward off these ever-present dangers. There's ALWAYS leftover birthday cake, or breafast tacos, or muffins--it's SO hard.

DINNER
Grilled chicken or salmon
1 light beer (I know...I know... Don't rat me out to Emalily)

PM snack
Jell-O or LF mozarella stick.

No--I'm not perfect, but I AM losing weight, and I DO exercise quite a bit.
Old 09-14-2011, 04:13 PM   #222
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 235/227/155 5'7"
WOE: Stillman QWL
Start Date: September 2 2014
Mmmm I could live forever on cheese and turkey bacon.
BrattyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 05:06 PM   #223
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizbob View Post
BKFST (sometimes skip it, not usually hungry):
2 low-fat string cheese
OR
2 slices turkey bacon
OR
1 boiled egg chopped up with 1 slice turkey bacon

AM SNACK
1 low-fat string cheese. Then another one! Sometimes a third one!
I nuke the mozarella sticks 10-12 seconds and they are wonderful!
OR
1 cup LF cottage cheese

LUNCH
2 LF string cheese rolled up in think slices of lean roast beef, nuked 40 seconds. Then I spread a little dijon mustard on them & eat 'em up!
OR
2 cups cooked frozen shrimp nuked 1-2 minutes
OR
Salmon fillet, thawed and nuked 2-3 minutes
AND
SF Jell-O for dessert

PM snack
Same as AM snack OR more SF Jell-O
About twice a week I fall victim to random cookies or leftover bad snacks at the office . Sometimes to protect myself I get a tiny bag of peanuts, or SF gum to ward off these ever-present dangers. There's ALWAYS leftover birthday cake, or breafast tacos, or muffins--it's SO hard.

DINNER
Grilled chicken or salmon
1 light beer (I know...I know... Don't rat me out to Emalily)

PM snack
Jell-O or LF mozarella stick.

No--I'm not perfect, but I AM losing weight, and I DO exercise quite a bit.
Stillkins!! I LOVE it!! That is what I do too pretty much. Stillman's during the week, then Atkins on the weekends or if I go out to eat somewhere

ETA: Your menu looks great to me! I envy your 'six small meals' -- I usually eat twice a day and I can't get out of that habit! And totally know what you mean about the office treats... I hate when we have breakfasts with the senior management.. I feel like they might take it personally if I don't eat a bagel!!!!!!

Last edited by Macc0021; 09-14-2011 at 05:09 PM..
Old 09-14-2011, 07:43 PM   #224
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloe147 View Post
Hi everyone!

I'm happy to report that despite my sodium intake (I'll explain in a moment) and still not a whole lot of sleep , the scale budged and I'm at 248.4!
Congrats on the weight loss. Keep up the awesome work.
Old 09-15-2011, 06:54 AM   #225
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Kiley2801
Hello Lovely Stillman ladies!

I am so proud of you ladies- you are seriously rocking it. What inspirations!!

I just wanted to check in and give a quick update. I've been plugging along with the low-carb thing, but have unfortunately not been complying with 100% Stillmans. More of a combo of Stills and Protein Power (Drs. Eades). Without any veggies I just felt so BLAH and depleted.

I've lost a couple pounds and FEEL better, but no dramatic weight loss as of yet. I finally worked out yesterday, too, for the first time in about 10 days, and that felt wonderful.

So I did not want to bring down the check-in with my veering off-plan but just wanted to let you know what was up with moi.
Kiley2801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 08:07 AM   #226
Senior LCF Member

Morning girls!

Not weighing until Monday (when my new scale arrives!) Reason I got a new scale is not cause I'm super obsessed with my scale, well, that depends on your definition.....but because my scale REALLY doesn't work that well. If I get on it'll say i.e. 156.2, then I'll go potty, go for a run, knowing I've lost water weight & just for kicks I'll hop on and see if it changes.....nope, it'll say 156.2. Then it'll stay that # for days. Or, I'll hop off, get right back on & it goes to 161. It's just whack. So I did some research & ordered the EatSmart Precision Digital Scale! I'm super excited. I also orderd 3 Ballerina dieter's tea, which is supposed to help me "go". Major issues there.

Yesterday I ate turkey bacon for breakfast & pot roast made with onion soup mix for lunch & dinner! It was perfect...I felt nauseas towards the end of the day again, so I ate more roast (against my will) & felt better. Today I'm attempting an all tuna day....but I'm doing the mustard thing. I added 3 tsps of sugar free mustard to my 7oz of tuna & salt free garlic pepper spice. Not bad! I'm gonna see if I can do 2 days fat free protein, 1 day fattier (i.e. ground beef, roast, etc).

Lizbob! Love your menu! If it ain't broke, don't fix it right?! You go girl. What do you do for exercise?

Hi kiley! Girl, don't even worry if you're not perfect....we would just love your suppoort & friendship on here! Please post if you want!! Soooo glad you're losing & feeling better. That's what it's all about.

Cloe how we doin my dear?

Love to you all, be back later! xoxo
Old 09-15-2011, 11:11 AM   #227
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Kiley2801
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloha Linz View Post
Morning girls!

Not weighing until Monday (when my new scale arrives!) Reason I got a new scale is not cause I'm super obsessed with my scale, well, that depends on your definition.....but because my scale REALLY doesn't work that well. If I get on it'll say i.e. 156.2, then I'll go potty, go for a run, knowing I've lost water weight & just for kicks I'll hop on and see if it changes.....nope, it'll say 156.2. Then it'll stay that # for days. Or, I'll hop off, get right back on & it goes to 161. It's just whack. So I did some research & ordered the EatSmart Precision Digital Scale! I'm super excited. I also orderd 3 Ballerina dieter's tea, which is supposed to help me "go". Major issues there.

Yesterday I ate turkey bacon for breakfast & pot roast made with onion soup mix for lunch & dinner! It was perfect...I felt nauseas towards the end of the day again, so I ate more roast (against my will) & felt better. Today I'm attempting an all tuna day....but I'm doing the mustard thing. I added 3 tsps of sugar free mustard to my 7oz of tuna & salt free garlic pepper spice. Not bad! I'm gonna see if I can do 2 days fat free protein, 1 day fattier (i.e. ground beef, roast, etc).

Lizbob! Love your menu! If it ain't broke, don't fix it right?! You go girl. What do you do for exercise?

Hi kiley! Girl, don't even worry if you're not perfect....we would just love your suppoort & friendship on here! Please post if you want!! Soooo glad you're losing & feeling better. That's what it's all about.

Cloe how we doin my dear?

Love to you all, be back later! xoxo
Oooh new scale toy! How fun!

So it sounds like you are down a good ... 7 or 8 pounds since starting? Is that right? Fantastic!!!!
Kiley2801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 05:27 PM   #228
Senior LCF Member

Off to the beach!

I won't be posting until Monday, but I wanted to wish everyone a sane, successful, Stillmanesque weekend.
Thanks everyone, for helping me diet and exercise into my bathing suit. I'm just assuming Emalilly got so svelte and cute, she eloped with one of those doctors! That's why we don't hear from her.
Bye, now!
Old 09-16-2011, 12:37 PM   #229
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 195/195/175 5'3.5
WOE: stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011 Restart June 2014
where is Em I haven't seen her on here in a few days, I haven't been posting but I have been following.... I hope all is well!
Mar922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 05:49 PM   #230
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
where is Em I haven't seen her on here in a few days, I haven't been posting but I have been following.... I hope all is well!
Lurker!

I hope she is OK.
Old 09-18-2011, 11:33 AM   #231
Senior LCF Member

Hey girls (if anyone is still reading in here)!

Just wanted to check in & letcha know I'm gonna be posting in the Stillman's September thread instead of here! Seems this thread has kinda died so I'm gonna jump ship too & get in on the action on the other thread xoxox

Lizbob - come over when you get back!
Old 10-13-2011, 01:10 PM   #232
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Susan$$
Stats: now: 160 (estimate)/120
WOE: stillman's
Start Date: restarting 18 April 2011
Emalily: Come back here!

Emalily, I have been following your posting on here and I found your words and motivation so inspiring. You put on the page what's in my head. I love reading your posts and would love to hear how you are doing.

I understand your frustration with this forum because so often people say they will be 100% on plan and then the next 10 posts are descriptions of all the cheating that's been going on!!!

I printed this thread and I am using it as inspiration for my Stillman's slim down. I did tuna, water and coffee for months but piled weight on when I became stressed at my work. I start at 152lbs and need to get to 112lbs as goal. I am 5'7. My skirts need to fit soon. I only seem to lose on tuna - sigh - I hate the stuff!

Hope you get to read this even if we never hear from you. But do drop a reply if you're in the mood.
Susan$$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 03:48 PM   #233
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan$$ View Post
Emalily, I have been following your posting on here and I found your words and motivation so inspiring. You put on the page what's in my head. I love reading your posts and would love to hear how you are doing.

I understand your frustration with this forum because so often people say they will be 100% on plan and then the next 10 posts are descriptions of all the cheating that's been going on!!!

I printed this thread and I am using it as inspiration for my Stillman's slim down. I did tuna, water and coffee for months but piled weight on when I became stressed at my work. I start at 152lbs and need to get to 112lbs as goal. I am 5'7. My skirts need to fit soon. I only seem to lose on tuna - sigh - I hate the stuff!

Hope you get to read this even if we never hear from you. But do drop a reply if you're in the mood.
I am sorry of you are frustrated with the "cheating" posts. It gives me comfort. I know that I need help, even when I cheat. I need people that understand that losing weight is a process and that despite our best efforts sometimes we fall. It is nice to know I can post my falling without judgement. Instead I am given support and wise words to help me get back on track.

Expecting people to not post when they cheat is unrealistic and definitely not supportive.

I wish you the best with your weight loss and hope you know that if you need to chat with people that will understand when you are not 100%, we are here.

Courage isn't always a lion's roar. It is sometimes the heart at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow".
Old 12-28-2011, 11:49 AM   #234
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: MizDazia
Stats: 230/230/180
WOE: Stillman Diet
Start Date: 12/29/11
How did the diet work out or you in the end? Any update?
MizDazia is offline   Reply With Quote