Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2011, 03:39 PM   #181
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: emalily
Stats: 133/126.2/115; 5'6
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: September 1, 2011
Cloe- Oh my; I love chewable vitamins; this is why I DON'T use them lol. One night freshman year of college, I bought a large bottle of chewable calcium that tastes like creamsicles, and definitely ate THE WHOLE BOTTLE in one sitting. I shouldn't be allowed out in public.
emalily is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-09-2011, 06:50 PM   #182
Senior LCF Member

Today was good. If I hadn't made that mistake yesterday, it would have felt like a dream because it was one of those days I didn't think about eating and ate after my pre-set times (8, 12, 5) had passed. I didn't drink a ton of water because I bought a lot of Hansen's diet sodas yesterday at Sprouts, but I did have two tumblers of water with big scoops of NaturalCalm- man that stuff cleans me out! Its like a really natural laxative, but it just sweeps your colon clean and makes me feel like I kind of got rid of yesterday.
I just went for a 3 mile walk; it felt lovely. It's not too warm outside, and in the mornings it is deliciously cool. This is a surprising September!
Do you make rewards for yourself when you lose an allotted amount of weight? I search the web and see all these lists that women set out for themselves like a movie or pedicure at 5 pounds, shoes at 10 pounds, a massage at 15 pounds, etc. I've done things like this before, where I would buy stuff, like a new People magazine or makeup and tell myself I could have it when I lost 5 pounds, but I always end up just using it the next day anyway. It makes me laugh because a reward like that seems completely extraneous- I don't WANT whatever it is I'm dangling in front of my nose- I want to lose weight! So it just seems funny in the end to use this thing I have little interest in to get myself to do the thing I have enormous interest in, like being thin. And when I really want to eat a cookie my mom baked, or 10, it never ever would change my mind to think "Oh no, I can't eat that because I want that massage at 15 pounds" but it sure as hell makes me change my mind to think "dagnabit I don't wanna be fat!"

What are your thoughts on and experiences with weight-loss rewards?

Tomorrow I get to experience the joy of eating a packet of tuna (the cans will be too cumbersome at clinical) in the break room of a hospital floor with my clinical group from nursing school. That is always pleasant, garnering many declamations of "Gross Ugh Eww What the Chunk are you Eating?!" I truly loathe people who comment freely on my dietary habits.

It feels so dull not to have a number to report in the mornings, but will probably result in much less frustration for me if the next week is like the past few days. Gotta bust out this peasant dress I'll be wearing for my photo shoot on 10/14 so I can remind myself to be thin in time lol. That's another "reward"-type thing I shouldn't have done, because it isn't effective for me. I am paying this lady $150 for a session fee to get photos taken, and then I'm sure each shot will be like $50. I made this appointment when I really felt out of control on August 13th or so; I thought that if I didn't have a pressing and looming date where I would be obligated to look really good, really skinny (I hate pictures for the apparent fatness they relay) in a beautiful article of clothing, then I would just let myself go. I knew I would never stop caring, but the further you go upward in weight the more tempting it is just to turn for good towards the pleasure of food and let the possible pleasure of thinness go unpursued (since the effort would be more and more prolonged and fierce to get back the longer you go up). Jeesh; I guess it was a good idea, but I'm kinda freaking out; I JUST WANT TO BE 115 ALREADY MAN OKAY?

I can't believe tomorrow is September 10th.
Old 09-09-2011, 08:00 PM   #183
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: cloe147
Stats: 264/248.4/164
WOE: Stillmans QWL
Start Date: September 4th, 2011
@ emalily, I'm so glad you are having a good day after the past few frustrating ones. Keep up the fabulous work, you and the rest of my Stillman sisters are an inspiration to me!

I have heard of people rewarding themselves for weight loss, but like you I never thought about it being very effective for myself either. I think one of the reasons is that I'm an emotional eater. Every time I get upset, it's easier for me to think about chocolate and california whoppers than it is for me to think about how other people have acted in hurtful ways (no matter who is at the receiving end). So I've always viewed rewards in the context of comfort food, and nothing else. I can effectively ignore physiological hunger, it's the cravings that I have my biggest problem with.

My heart goes out to you for tomorrow, because it's butt dumplings having to deal with people poke their nose into what you're eating. Ironically I have never had a problem pigging out in front of other people. They just kind of look on, and don't say anything until I offer to share it. But when I eat very little is when they start in on me ("why aren't you eating more?"). Crazy huh?

Today I've been really good considering it's been kind of a stressful day. Two chicken breasts and a tuna packet, plus vitamins of course. I think half of it is lack of sleep. Since getting sick, I'm not able to function on less than seven hours of sleep a night like I used to. I didn't sleep very well last night, so I'm going to take a melatonin and drift off here soon, and sleep in! By the way, I just read online that melatonin helps prevent and cure gallstones. It also helps regulate brown adipose fat tissue, which is partly responsible for driving your metabolism!

I hope everyone has a wonderful night, and I will check in tomorrow!
cloe147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 08:35 PM   #184
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: als9503
Stats: 167/167/130 5'4"
WOE: Stillman's/Meat & Egg
Start Date: 4/03/12
@ Cloe - Sleep well, I hope you feel better tomorrow!

@ Em - I have never been one to reward myself with material items for weight loss. The sublime feeling of being thin, receiving compliments and appreciative looks, looking great in damn near anything I wear...all of that is reward enough. If there is something that I want along the way, I just get it.

So, I wanted to go on record with my revised menu for today:

Breakfast - 2 hard boiled eggs
Skipped lunch
Snack - 1 string cheese
Late Lunch/Dinner - canned low fat chicken breast
Snack - 6 oz of Greek yogurt, 1 string cheese
Water - 1 gallon (so far)

I am going to try to eat more meat and less yogurt and cheese tomorrow.
als9503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 09:04 PM   #185
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Aloha Linz
Stats: 168/161/130 - 5'8"
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 9/5/2011
Lawsie mercy I am thankful this day is OVER!! Very long & I is a vewy sweepy gurl.

So member how I was saying how tired I was? Well, good ole aunt flow arrived in town today...I picked her up this morning. It was a very upleasant meeting...she was so abrupt & is now totally cramping my style! How dare her?! Anyhoo....I shouldn't be complaining, I actually haven't had my period in MONTHS, so to get it, gives me a sigh of relief cause i really was starting to think something was wrong...and no, I'm not preggers. That requires doing something that I haven't done recently, OK?!! Told you I don't have a life.

Erin - yes it is your thread from 09!! I love reading success stories from the past...really helps to motivate me, and learn what y'all did that worked, and what didn't!

EMALILILILILY!!!! Yippeeeee! I can just tell from your posts that you have a new resolve. so so so happy for you and I'm glad that lil ole me provides any bit of encouragement & motivation for you. I will be here the whole time, holding your hand, and rubbing your tummy....ok maybe not the last one, but I am definitely holding your hand through this entire journey!! I've said it before, but you are wise beyond your years & I just feel really blessed to have encountered such a superwoman like you! Look at all the lives you are touching, changing & inspiring because of this thread & your words of wisdom!!

You will do great tomorrow at school! Tell those looky lou's to take their snide comments & shove it! I hate "food patrol" too...."what is that? what are you eating? Why? Ew. Is it good? Looks gross. I can't believe you're eating that. What's in it? Looks like dog vomit. I could never eat that." FINE, THEN DON'T & LEAVE ME THE F ALONE!! Not that I'm bitter or anything.

To answer your "rewards" question....I'm with you...I don't want a stinkin' massage. Food absolutely controls me, and my motivation is not some strangers hands all over me. Now, a dinner at my favorite restauraunt, where I can order ANYTHING I want?! That's a reward for me. But it's also a fine line, cause in order for it to be a reward, I have to gain control back the very next meal, otherwise I'm toast...I'll eat toast...both.

Hey Ems, do they have Natural Calm at Sprouts?? I gotta get me some of that! BM's are....um....not happenin! Shocker.

Lizbob - glad you liked the article! So happy you don't have cravings anymore!! That is a big milestone on this diet!!!

als - I can't see your pics from some reason....but congrats on the loss! That is great considering you usually feel the carb weight after 48 hrs! You're on a roll! **WAIT! I just saw your pics!! Dang girl you look awesome!! What a cute little perky butt you have! And your thighs are so little & don't touch! Oh how I covet that! Imagine what the next 21 days will bring!!**

Cloe - I wish I could get to that point where I'm not hungry....I don't have cravings, but just get so freakin' hungry! On another note, and just a friendly nudge to get your zzzzz's: not getting enough sleep will inhibit your fat loss. Sleep & water are two factors of weight loss people don't pay enough attention to & always seems to bite em. I want you to lose lose lose, so sleep sleep sleep dearest one!!

Actually, I think my hunger is getting better! Now that I think about it, I wasn't RAVENOUS today like I was the past few days. Maybe cause of pesky aunt flo, or maybe I'm finally in the ZONE! the reason I know that it's getting better is cause I made a filet tonight & when I was full, my dog got the rest. Usually that doesn't happen...but I put my shovel away tonight, and ate like a decent human being.

No workout today...I am anxious to see how the scale reads tomorrow! I don't wanna become obsessed either girls, but I do like to see what works & what doesn't, so I'm gonna keep weighing just to make sure I'm doing the right thing each day.

Meals today (all 3-4oz servings)
M1 - turkey bacon - done
M2 - lean ground beef - done
M3 - lean ground beef - done
M4 - lean ground beef & tuna burger -done
M5 - lean ground beef - done
M6 - filet & a few bites of tuna

Water: 175 ounces & counting...

Sleep: aiming for 7 to 7 1/2 hours tonight (wish it was 8, but as long as it's before 10pm I should be good). Have to be up at 5

What else....think that about covers it! Anyone still there? *crickets* Bueller?

xoxoxoxo

Last edited by Aloha Linz; 09-09-2011 at 09:15 PM..
Aloha Linz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 07:20 AM   #186
Senior LCF Member

Quick morning check in...

Hello Ladies! I'm just gonna do a quick check in with my morning weight before Saturday activities with the kiddos. Today I'm 128.6 lbs., that's down 2.2 lbs from yesterday. Yay me!

Ok, I gotta go. The kids are standing in front of the door glaring at me, lol. I will check in again later today! TTFN!

P.S. @ Linz - Thanks for the compliment on my "perky butt." You made my day!
Old 09-10-2011, 07:22 AM   #187
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SillyErin
Stats: 198/139/127
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: 5/16/12
I'm redoing my goal weight too - I think bumping it up to make it more achievable is an awwwwwweeeesome idea. I don't know why but I look like a stick at 120. Everyone was telling me I looked annorexic ( totally over-reactive responses) BUT i think I'll go with 120 and post pics. You guys can tell me whatcha think
SillyErin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 09:19 AM   #188
Junior LCF Member

@ als9503 and aloha_linz, thank you! I passed out for about eleven hours and had wild crazy dreams! I made up for yesterday's sleep deficit and feel so much better today. I am also down 2.6 pounds when I woke up!

@ sillyerin, I would love to see your pics after you are done! I don't normally judge other people's body type but it is very motivating for me to see other people's weight loss.

I hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend!
Old 09-10-2011, 04:32 PM   #189
Senior LCF Member

Up .2lb 157! I'm ok!

Hello and happy saturday!! It feels strange to just be logging on now, but today has just been one of those crazy days! Go go go since 5am. Finally, a break....yippeeeeee!! I woke up today up .2lbs...I am totally NOT wigging out over this cause I KNOW it could be several factors, numbero uno being I haven't gone #2 in days. I also lifted weights 2 days in a row & when muscles are worked they tend to retain water. It's ok! In the end, I just wanna look smokin' hot, and if the scale doesn't always cooperate, then that's just peachy keen!

Today's eats have been less than stellar, but as stillmans as I could do! It's my fault cause I didn't prepare last night, so I got stuck and had to make lemons out of lemonade. Here's what I did:

Meal 1 - 2 mcdonalds sausage & egg mcmuffins (just the sausage & egg...and I wiped that greasy patty dry!) - done
Meal 2 - 2oz lean ground beef (I had this with me, thank gawd!) - done
Meal 3- This is funny...a "wetzel dog" - just the dog, not the yummy pretzel bun. - done
Meal 4- workout shake - protein powder, water, l-glut & bcaa's. - done
Meal 5 - lean ground beef w/ a little tuna in the middle....my tuna burger!
Meal 6 - tbd, probably same as above

Just ate Meal 5, and am hoping it holds me over because I have to, brace yourself, BAKE TONIGHT!!!! AHHHHHHHHH!!!!! I am posting right now because I want every single one of you to hold me accountable and make sure I didn't eat one stinkin' brownie! I must keep my pudgy fingers outta that batter or else! It's 2 of my friends b-days tomorrow & all they asked for was my brownies.

Tomorrow will be a lot of celebrating going on....my nephew's 10th bday which we're going out to dinner for....I plan to have steak! Yum! And my 2 girlfriends b-days, which I am showing up late to (kind of on purpose cause dinner is at one of their houses). I REALLY REALLY REALLY wanna make it through this weekend clean. Please keep control Lindsey, PLEASE!!

I'm jumping all around on this post, but you forgive me right? Today I did 40 min high incline treadmill walk and later lifted weights - back & biceps.

Cloe - yipppeeee on catching up on your beauty sleep!! And the loss to boot! Love it!!! Good job girl!

Erin - great idea girl! Post those pics & we'll be happy to ooooh and ahhhhh at you!!

Als - it's true sista! I wish I had a perky bum! And 2.2 lbs! Sooo awesome!

Ok gals, here goes nothing.....I'm off to bake! If I'm not back in 2 hours, come get me out of my brownie induced suicidal state.
Old 09-10-2011, 05:17 PM   #190
Senior LCF Member

Dia 1-0: We're too school for cool.

Hiya gals!!! How had Day 10 treated you? I felt good this morning; had to get up gosh-darn early for clinical and thus the super-late post: I just got home! I would post my menu every day but you would fall asleep looking at it, because you KNOW that I only eat tuna Tuna for bfast, lunch and dinna baby!!
I didnít get to walk 6 miles today because of my all-day assignment, and now Iím pooped, but I did an extra 3 miles last night. I also didnít drink any water while out today: I know, BAD Emily! Bad girl! I drank a Propel Zero (LOVE that stuff!!) at lunch with my tuna, and really havenít had anything else today. Gonna go jump in the pool and start gulpiní!
I did get on the scale this morning; I WAS JUST SO CURIOUS! And Iím 127.8 or something close, so I have 12.8 pounds to lose!!! How many days do we have left? Oh right- TWENTY! I have 12.8 pounds to lose in 20 days; totally achievable!

Linz- YES they have NC at Sprouts and it will make you shoot poo like a mother. Sorry about the period! I stopped getting mine when I got pretty thin, about 118 or so, and didnít miss it at all! Canít wait to get back there! I think it usually happens when I stop eating fat for a long time like I had done. I know you wonít let the .2 throw you- that happened to me and I felt and even looked better than the day before- I truly think scales are crazy sometimes. Isnít it true that the goal is ďsmokiní hotĒ and if the scale says a number you didnít expect, well who cares?? Lol. I am so proud of you that you stuck with it even when you had less than optimal choices- most of us would use that to say ďHeck Iím eating junk all day!Ē But no- you are my hero; Iím just busting over here
Linz, P.S.: KEEP YOUR FINGERS OUT OF THAT BROWNIE BATTER OR IíLL, IíLL COME OVER THERE AND POP YOU ONE GOOD MISSY!!!!! YOUíVE COME TOO FAR THEREíS NO GOING BACK.

Als- you have kids?! You look stinkin awesome. I hope I look like that when Iím a mom. And 128.6- that is awesome! You already must look incredible because you are 5í4!
Erin- Copycat goal-weight-changer!! I think 120 sounds great; I felt and looked great at 120 (wish I was back there already!!) and you will too!
Cloe- YAY 2.6 pounds!! Thatís amazing.

Love and kisses!!! Well maybe just love.
Old 09-10-2011, 05:51 PM   #191
Senior LCF Member

Ok batch 1 is in the oven....I'm posting to let you know I'm still alive.

Ems! Hiya honey! I felt like that today too, posting so late! Love all your adorable pics!!! Ok i'm gonna get the NC.....i need to do some shootin! Get your water in girl! Our bodies tend to hold onto water if we don't drink enough...if it knows it's coming, it won't hold onto it. 12.8 lbs to lose....GIRL!! That is so done & done! You can do it, piece of tunafish cake!

One thing I notice with fat loss, is that if you do the same thing every day, your body stops responding the same, so it's good you didn't walk the same today...confuse that body of yours & don't let it get used to what you're doing! Sometimes to bust out of a plateau the best thing is actually REST! Most people think they need to work harder, but in reality the body craves recovery time. When I used to train hardcore I could NOT bust out of this slump I was in and couldn't lean out any more...I was so frustrated. My coach at the time told me to take two days off completely...no cardio, no lifting....and add 1 cup of oatmeal each day. I lost 4 lbs after I did that and the weight flew off after that. NUTS! Anyway, just my two cents I'm definitely not suggesting the oatmeal route to anyone on stillmans but general message is just to mix it up....maybe add fat or a different food, etc.....blah blah blah blah blah....do I ever shut up?!

So what did you do at clinical today? What did you end up wearing?

Here goes round 2 of brownies.....mercy!
Old 09-10-2011, 06:21 PM   #192
Senior LCF Member

And batch 2 is in.

I ate another lgb/tuna patty...I am salivating over here people!! Then I chugged a TON of water & that helped big time. No more cravings those big bad brownies.

Are you sick of me yet?
Old 09-10-2011, 07:20 PM   #193
Senior LCF Member

Linz,
I KNEW you could do it!!! You proved me right I absolutely adore baking, and it's one thing I've been scared to do since feeling like I have to lose weight like crazy or I would let myself go. Even before, I never ate the baked goods, I just loved to bake for others and bring like 50 giant chocolate chip cookies to school; I love people to eat my food.

I like the idea of mixing it up; I think with me I would do adding a bit of fat in if I really get slumpy, because I kinda get this depressed/end of the world/doomsday feeling when I've gone many days on zero fat. That's why I ran to the brisket and eggs about 6 days ago, but actually lost 0.8 pounds too!

Clinical was long and boring; I'm ready to be a real nurse already, have more than 1 patient to spend 12 whole hours on, and not wear horrid bright green scrubs (Sic 'Em Baylor!).

I'm eating tuna right now. I never would think of putting tuna in a burger- good idea!

I also love how you're updating your stats now on the side of the page- I always wonder why people don't change that middle number as they lose weight- represent girl!

Here's a little from Sweet Dr. S to get us through the night:

The Right Frame of Mind for Losing Weight
You must develop a firm, almost fanatical desire and resolve to lose dangerous excess weight. You must think, breathe, act, and eat with the conviction that you'll achieve your target of reducing to healthful, ideal weight, and that you're getting nearer to the successful result every day. It may be a little exasperating at first when you cut down on foods you've become accustomed to like. You may feel the pangs of hunger for a few days. You may be tempted, but be sustained by the knowledge and certainty that you're going to succeed this time.
You're going to realize sensibly that it's wasteful to worry about gaining back the weight you lose. You must believe and keep reminding yourself constantly, that quick loss dieting techniques will cause you to get down to the desired weight. You're not just getting empty advice here, you're being given methods that work, and can work for you.
Don't expect to succeed in a day; even when you hammer in a nail you can't do it with one blow, you must pound it again and again until it's firmly fixed. The sizeable drop in poundage, accompanying personal gratification, and compliments from others bolster your will to become thin. Dieting requires willpower on your part and you should be proud of yourself when you succeed.
Be proud and positive about your dieting. You're far stronger than the fatties who sigh, "I wish I could take off this weight, but I know that the only thin I'll lose will be the dieting instructions." You're way ahead of them- you've stopped wishing, you're acting!
Remember my previous advice- don't look dismally at the start into your future of weeks and perhaps months of dieting. There's an ancient saying that "a journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." Concentrate on the first step and the next, not the entire thousand miles. Keep telling yourself each morning after a look at the encouraging scale, "I will diet one more day."
Many of my greatest satisfactions as a doctor have come from watching the obstinately and persistently overweight in my care- particularly those who had tried and failed for years to reduce- finally succeed through my methods. I wish you the same success and the same gratifying results- a more attractive body, greater freedom of movement, more vigorous and sustainable health, and a better change for a longer, happier, more rewarding life."

Good night my loves, sleep tight, and see you skinnier tomorrow morning!!!
Old 09-10-2011, 07:22 PM   #194
Senior LCF Member

Heya girls - Im just checking in - I had a great PERFECT day!

I ran 4 miles around 2pm and I got some sun, majorly tan tonight! Turkey burger today, its a miracle meat. I swear my waist looks soooo tiny.

I almost went for a second run later, I had so much energy!

Em - yea, I copied you! It was a good idea, it made sense to me. It makes it feel much more attainable, which gives me confidence that I can do it. Makes it seem less faaaaaaaaaaaaar away.

Im so excited - (this is gonna sound so bad) my best friend told me she decided to break up with her boyfriend, so she wants to go scour the dancing scene again. Its just THAT MUCH more motivation for me, cause I get to wear all my lil dresses and dress up.

Linz - tell yourself the brownies are gross and that they arent even real food, thats what I do.

Since Im not weighing myself, Im gonna start posting progress pics of me in my goal shorts.
Old 09-10-2011, 07:48 PM   #195
Junior LCF Member

@ emalily, I am always looking forward to seeing your pictures! You bring a smile to my face and it cheers me up to see what you've got in store for us each day.

I also agree with you about mixing it up a bit. Today I ate some extra fat and my body is producing a ton of ketones now... I just kept it low carb and low calorie.

@ sillyerin, I'm so glad you had a good day! What I tell myself is that there are essential proteins, essential fats, but no essential carbohydrates. Anything other than is just going to drag me down. That's been my mantra all day and I went to see a movie without being tempted at all!
Old 09-11-2011, 05:57 AM   #196
Senior LCF Member

Goooooood morning to ya! Woke up at 6 (blech) hopped on the road for a 6-mile walk, and now my fingers can barely type they're so cold! There's really nothing more comforting than coming home to make a hot cup of tea when your nose is shivering.
Right now I'm consuming said tea and a packet of chunk white tuna from Target.
One thing. I hate water. I really don't like to drink it, so I wish there was a way to sweeten it without making it non-water. In the past when I've lived on tuna for weeks and months, I only drank diet soda. No water at all. And I lost weight for sure, but apparently Stillman said water is ESSENTIAL and you won't lose weight without it. Oh well.
Last night I ate a bit of chicken breast leftover from one of my family's meals and also finished off a container of Fage non-fat Greek yogurt, possibly the best thing to be made from milk EVER. I think regular yogurt is gross, but Greek yogurt is the bomb-diggity, and I hope it doesn't have a bad effect on me, though my stomach is super flat this morning, and I even lived on only Greek yogurt last spring working my way down from microwave meals to tuna, and I lost several pounds doing so, so the stuff isn't a complete no-no for me.
Gonna go to church with the fam in a bit, and then head off to an 8-hour shift at the hospital. Stay strong today my friends; go meat or bust!
Old 09-11-2011, 10:56 AM   #197
Senior LCF Member

Sunday Check-In

@ Cloe - So glad you're feeling better after your much-needed rest. I love the occasional super long slumber. I'm so jealous! I rarely get to sleep like that because my youngest wakes up at the butt crack no matter what day of the week it is.

@ Erin - Can't wait to see your progress pics. I just might copy you on that idea.

@ Em - How did I miss your super cute hair style? In your previous pics, I thought your hair was back in a ponytail. Short hair on women is tres chic. Oh, and you may want to try a couple of drops of stevia in your water. I use NuNaturals. I buy the one in the 2 oz. bottle and carry it with me wherever I go. For me, it makes drinking all that water bearable.

@ Linz - Great job holding strong during the brownie making! Brownies (well, pretty much anything chocolate) are my weakness. You must make some damn good brownies if people are asking for them as a birthday present. Yum!

Ok, so my eating yesterday was Stillman's, but less than desirable. I ate a total of 6 all-beef hot dogs throughout the day. While it wasn't the worst think I could have eaten, it certainly wasn't the best. I did drink about a gallon of water, so that was good. From now on, I will stick to lean turkey and chicken. I don't have a weight for today because I stayed at the BF's last night and forgot to bring my scale. Hopefully, tomorrow will show a significant loss.

Today's menu:
Canned chicken, canned chicken and more canned chicken!
Old 09-11-2011, 11:33 AM   #198
Senior LCF Member

Als- It WAS in a ponytail, actually! I just cut it all off, and absolutely love the ease of getting ready now. So quick, and it doesn't move all day! Thanks for noticing
Old 09-11-2011, 12:13 PM   #199
Senior LCF Member

I am in a NOT GOOD MOOD TODAY. I thought I would write that in all caps so you'd know that I was serious....not cause I'm yelling at you. I woke up with a gnar gnar headache...hangover type, but so undeserved! All congested, and the scale was up 2 lbs! what the freak?! It's the brownies....and I didn't even consume ONE! But you know what, because I wanted one so bad, I ate waaaaaaay more than usual just to keep me full & not wanting a freakin brownie. DON'T EVER BAKE ON STILLMAN'S! Again, not yelling at you, just very serious...as always.

Ok, I know why the scale is up...I haven't pooped in days (I tried the natural calm & nothing happened ), I ate a ton of sodium yesterday in my morning meals (mcdonalds & hotdog - als, I'm with ya sista), and I ate enough to feed a small village. Yah it was all protein, but it don't matta....after so much, it just becomes excess! AND, I didn't get all my water in....

Who's tired of my whining? I AM!

Erin - have fun at the clubs my dear! You're gonna rock your hot bod out there!

Ems - my love, how are you? Your writing cracks me up...."eating said tuna" ha! Way to stay on stillmans despite not eating tuna...I don't know how you do the all tuna thing, but I got nuttin' but respect for you my dear, and only wish I could have that discipline! I'm with ya on the water thing...I do like it, but wish I could put crystal light or liquid stevia in it. Sigh.... I do notice, when I drink it from the starbucks tumblers I drink soooo much more & quicker. I think it's the straw factor as opposed to the gulp factor. Straws make it so much easier & quicker to drink!

I really like the exerpt you posted last night about the frame of mind...I'm not in it today. That's why I check the board so often though, because it instantly puts me in that frame of mind. And to think big picture is so crucial...not to throw in the towel after one little mishap or less than stellar scale reading. Thank you for posting that!!

Cloe - how ya doin today my dear? You words are always so sweet....I bet you're just the nicest person EVER!

Als - i thought & wondered the SAME thing about Emily's hair and have just forgotten to say anything!! Ems, your hair is soooo freakin' cute! Love it short now!! Tres chic!

So Als, how old are your kiddos? And I feel ya on the hotdog thing....I had mcdonalds sausage & eggs & a hot dog frank yesterday....we did the best we could, right? What's one day of a little higher fat & sodium btw, my brownies are paula deen's recipe for chocolate ooey gooey butter cakes...they are to die for. Just forget I said anything ok?

Ok girls - I'm really trying to rally here, but can't snap out of this funk. I really need to cause I have birthday parties galore tonight. Ugh! I hate how I am so consumed by food & my weight. One day, I hope to break free from the grip it has on me....well, that I allow it to have on me. Whaaaaaaaaaaaa!!

Last edited by Aloha Linz; 09-11-2011 at 12:18 PM..
Old 09-11-2011, 12:38 PM   #200
Junior LCF Member

@ Aloha_Linz, a big hug for you! I'm so sorry to hear that your weight was affected by the brownies, even without consuming a single one. But I admire your willpower! I could never bake brownies and stay on this diet, I am completely weak that way!

Thank you for your kind words... I also look forward to your posts because your funny and bring a smile to my face.

@ emalily, I love greek yogurt too! That might be something I can "treat" myself with when I'm feeling funky.

@ als, I hear you about eating stuff that wasn't so good. Yesterday I had some chicken salad, and a home made low carb "California whopper" consisting of one beef patty, a slice of cheese, one tomato slice, a few leaves of lettuce, and two tablespoons of guacamole. Oh, and a couple of bacon slices. Yum! It was wonderful! I managed to keep my calories under 800 and my carbs totaled 10 for the entire day. And that's counting fiber carbs! I don't do the "net carb" thing anymore. But then I woke up this morning and the scale says 250.4. That's only a half a pound loss, I suppose it's better than nothing. But I wonder what tripped me up. Could it be the single diet ginger ale I caved into when I was out at walmart?

Also, I said that I was burning more fat... and I wonder if it just wasn't the fat I had eaten producing all those ketones?

So I agree - it's back to chicken and tuna!

Bless you all this Sunday, and the victims of 9/11 and their survivors.
Old 09-12-2011, 05:14 AM   #201
Senior LCF Member

Girls. My girls. I think we've all had a hard weekend and I want to come here and give you a big fishy hug! (Because I most probably smell like tuna by now). I want to praise you for your efforts and dedication; I have been so impressed and proud of each and every one of you.
I think we all need a nice fresh slate, and a Monday morning is the perfect day to start fresh with a clean pure Stillman's diet and a light heart and a new outlook.
I cancelled my reward photoshoot yesterday. It was stressing me out, and the idea of having to lose 15 pounds in 19 days, with the days just counting down, made me get in this extreme starve-or-binge mindset, with that "last chance to eat ever" mentality whenever I made the slightest misstep. It was foolish of me to schedule it BEFORE I lost the weight, anyway, because a photoshoot isn't what I want more than anything in the world, but losing 15 pounds is, so the motivation wasn't there. But the motivation IS here to lose weight.
Today is a new day. I stand here sipping a 12 oz can of Blue Sky Sparkling Water (helps me feel like I've got the soda, except for the sweetness; boo!) and munching on a packet of Chunk White tuna. Now that I've turned the stress and pressure off (who the hell CAN lose 15 pounds in 19 days anyway?!) and am just going to lose the weight because I want to lose weight; feels SO MUCH BETTER. I really enjoy coming on here and talking with you girls, and we are going to lose our weight together; I just can't do anything under pressure.
Have to go to school in a minute, so I'll see you later tonight.
Bye bye chickadees!
Old 09-12-2011, 06:00 AM   #202
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Just wanted to pop in and say !! You girls rock! Its so nice to see sillyerin back on the boards. she was a great help to me when I first started Stillmans. Her plain and simple techniques really opened my eyes to a different way of thinking, and ultimately got me to get on track and really get the weight off.

Like, "Are you for real!?!? what do mean I have to get rid of my mustard?!?!"
...but guess what? It worked. (Ive thought of you many times girlie! )

When we first start Stillmans, its a complete shock to the system, physically and definitely mentally, but promise yourself 3/4 days of torture, and then you will see the light. I promise after a week of being strict, and losing 10 pounds (or more!!! ), it will be so much easier and there will be no turning back.

I know you girls can do it. I see the courage and strength pouring out of your posts. Keep up the good work! Im looking forward to seeing you all reach goal with the quickness! Don't drag this out one more day than you have to!!

...Im trying to follow my own advice here, too. Its reaalllly tough but we can do it!!!
aleriaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 06:33 AM   #203
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
Just wanted to pop in and say !! You girls rock! Its so nice to see sillyerin back on the boards. she was a great help to me when I first started Stillmans. Her plain and simple techniques really opened my eyes to a different way of thinking, and ultimately got me to get on track and really get the weight off.

Like, "Are you for real!?!? what do mean I have to get rid of my mustard?!?!"
...but guess what? It worked. (Ive thought of you many times girlie! )

When we first start Stillmans, its a complete shock to the system, physically and definitely mentally, but promise yourself 3/4 days of torture, and then you will see the light. I promise after a week of being strict, and losing 10 pounds (or more!!! ), it will be so much easier and there will be no turning back.

I know you girls can do it. I see the courage and strength pouring out of your posts. Keep up the good work! Im looking forward to seeing you all reach goal with the quickness! Don't drag this out one more day than you have to!!

...Im trying to follow my own advice here, too. Its reaalllly tough but we can do it!!!
Hey Al...I'm following you around today. Just dropping by to say hi, You girls are awesome!
makemeslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 08:01 AM   #204
Senior LCF Member

Hi girls!!

Monday is a new day, and like Emily said, time for a FRESH start! I have a new & improved attitude and am pushing through, full speed ahead! Today is going to be a turkey & tuna day....no seasoning, no added anything, no liquid stevia in my water....just turkey, tuna, & water.....as is. Time to get crackin, September is almost halfway over & I'm not where I want to be. And guess what, only I can do something about that!!

Cloe -thank you for your big hugs!! They really helped and I felt it!! How'd you do over the weekend?

Ems! I'm proud of you for making the choice to cancel the photo shoot! I really understand the looming thought of that date hanging in the future....and the what ifs that come with it. It can be a good or bad thing....but the second it becomes bad, that's when you know it's not good for you. We have to do what's healthy for us....and keeps us sane. And who can lose 15lbs in 19 days?? Ummmm, YOU can!! And I can!! I know we can....but if we don't, it's ok too! Let's just do our best, and see what happens! If we don't meet that magic # by Sept 30th, it's ok....but let's do everything we can to get there, and when 9/30 comes we can congratulate each other & say "way to go girl, you gave it your all! Now let's keep goin in October!"

Aleriaaa - thanks for coming over here!! Love your posts!! This network is the absolute coolest & I'm so glad I started posting here. It has really helped hold me accountable and it's nice to have cyber friends doing the journey with me! What's your latest strategy? I, too, love the plain & simple strategies Erin & Emily have instilled in me. It really hits home & works!! I just gotta stick with it. Coming on here helps keep me on track. Thanks for being you.... xo

Makemeslim - thanks for stopping by too!! I'll pop over to the september thread later today!

Love to you all....let's do this together & hit it outta the park!

xoxoxo
Linz
Old 09-12-2011, 08:40 AM   #205
Senior LCF Member

ALERIAAAAAaaa!!!! Hey! I was gonna come find you to see how you were doing!

I was JUST about to tell Linz "Try the simple way". The best thing about all meat, is there is no "why am I up?" statements......just all "yay! Im down" statements.

All those ZERO CARB mcdonald traps, and funky processed food traps (the sausages, cheese, deli meats) are called "carb and calorie creep" and you eat them when youre really wanting SOMETHING ELSE and feel DEPRIVED. You tell yourself "hey, theyre ok cause they have no carbs", right?

But guess what? That crap is NOT going to give you satisfaction. Its just gonna make you feel like you stuck to plan and gained - and that the plan doesnt work, or that your body cant lose weight. That inturn instills PANIC and frustration which then leads to a binge.

BEEN THERE, darling. Trust me.

Tell yourself "Im not wasting the day, eating that crap to "trick" myself - is NOT going to work"

Cause at the end of the day...might as well of eaten the brownies. Yuh know.

Just cause its NO CARBS - doesnt mean you cant gain weight. YOU CAN. A calorie is a calorie, sodium makes you eat more, the boating leads to a feeling of failure, the feeling of failure leads to binging.

In other news, Im right on track. I had EGGS yesterday - which, ok, is fine, but I felt bloated as a fatty face today. I have no idea why eggs does that, but Im not doing it again.

I ran 4 days last week - probably around 16 miles.

Today is dry, plain, turkey burger!!! Gettin ner done.

Remember: MAKE TODAY PERFECT, gals!!! If I can do it, you can too...im the most impulsive person on the planet. Be your own drill sergeant!

Last edited by SillyErin; 09-12-2011 at 08:42 AM..
Old 09-12-2011, 09:10 AM   #206
Junior LCF Member

@ aleriaaa, I love that pic of lady gaga. She's awesome! I'm so glad to see you here at the thread, and bringing friends over!

@ aloha_linz, I'm in it for October if you are! I was thinking about that the other day. I know I'm going to need more than 30 days to melt this fat away, and I'm in it for the long haul. It would be fabulous to have some company along the way. I had a pretty good weekend so far. I hope next weekend goes much better for you!

@ emalily, I love the concept of a fresh start monday. I am very familiar with the things you are describing. It's very easy to fall into that all-or-nothing mentality because food has such taken such a strong hold on your life. I tortured myself with it and it's a terrible place to be. Thank goodness for Dr Stillman and my experienced Stillman sisters who got me on the right track!

Ok, today I woke up and weighed in at 249.0. That's a pound and a half loss!
Old 09-12-2011, 09:28 AM   #207
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Macc0021
Stats: Pregnant - trying to keep gains at a minimum! :)
WOE: wheat allergy + low carb + pregnant!
Start Date: Every day!
[QUOTE=SillyErin;14995927]Today is dry, plain, turkey burger!!! Gettin ner done.QUOTE]

Make sure you check your turkey -- another recall came out yesterday for ground turkey!!!
Macc0021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 10:32 AM   #208
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lizbob
Stats: 133.6/131.8/115
WOE: LFL
Start Date: 9/26 xmas challenge
ZZZZ....Still losing about .2 lbs every day...sounds unexciting but it adds up to 1 1/2 lbs a week, which is wonderful progress for me! Due to my Stillman Sisters, my Callanetics Challenge Co-horts, and weight training at gym and home, starting to feel and look more cat-like.
Husband is noticing too!
Lizbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 12:32 PM   #209
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lizbob
Stats: 133.6/131.8/115
WOE: LFL
Start Date: 9/26 xmas challenge
Beautiful bridal gown!

Macc--I just saw your lovely wedding dress on the other thread. Perfect choice for you, judging from your other pics. What a gorgeous dress! Very happy for you!
Lizbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 12:47 PM   #210
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Macc0021
Stats: Pregnant - trying to keep gains at a minimum! :)
WOE: wheat allergy + low carb + pregnant!
Start Date: Every day!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizbob View Post
Macc--I just saw your lovely wedding dress on the other thread. Perfect choice for you, judging from your other pics. What a gorgeous dress! Very happy for you!
Thank you! It is beautiful... I wanted to get somethign fitted so that I would be motivated to look good - instead of a cupcake dress to hide underneath!! Now, however, I am regretting that choice because there is no room for extra LBS in this dress

I am thinner than I was when I last tried it on, so it should be fine! I am excited to wear it and marry my best friend Saturday!!
Macc0021 is offline   Reply With Quote