Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2011, 07:58 PM   #121
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Aloha Linz
Stats: 168/161/130 - 5'8"
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 9/5/2011
Thanks for that erin - that's REALLY interesting to read. I will start paying attention to how I feel after eating eggs & chicken....and start eliminating if I notice the same things as you!! What kind of meat do you eat? Is it ground beef?
Aloha Linz is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-06-2011, 08:23 PM   #122
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SillyErin
Stats: 198/139/127
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: 5/16/12
My main staple is lean ground turkey, I lose the most weight with it. My next favorite meat to use is eye of round lean steak and tilapia and Mahi Mahi. Those have been the speediest proteins for me. I get trip ups with tuna, lean ground beef, chicken and eggs.

I'll still eat burger and tuna from time to time - when I need fat, or the convenience of the tuna. I wish I could eat the cottage cheese, or deli meat, but they are HUGE no no's. As well as the rotisserie chickens. SO much salt and hormones. Salt is FUEL to your appetite!

Taking the flavor out (like salt and spices) and eating bland foods may sound insane, but im telling you: its literally the best advice I can give. Theres no way to overeat it. Youre appetite will literally turn off.
SillyErin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 08:50 PM   #123
Senior LCF Member

It is really great advice...so simple. You and emily have the simplest plans, and yet, the best results. Makes perfect sense! Thanks for sharing

I've read through thousands of posts on here throughout the years, and it's always the simplest of plans that get the best results. I've heard what works is meat & eggs, or only meat, or tuna & chicken....with no frills. I've never seen someone get awesome results eating cottage cheese or any dairy product. Same with deli meats or rotissere chicken or pork products....there's a reason they taste good!

I've got a bunch of tilapia & cod in my freezer from costco...I haven't been making it cause I don't like it that much anymore (I ate a lot of it back in the day & I started developing gills)...but after reading Emily & Erin's comments about eating just for fuel, and taking the flavor out, it's really hitting me....it works, and I need to stop finding short cuts with seasonings & what not. Welcome back tilapia & cod. Seasonings will find their way back in my diet come october, but now is not their time. Same with coffee & diet drinks or crystal light...going bye bye. Thanks for all of your inspiration & wise words girls!!

xoxoxoxo

Last edited by Aloha Linz; 09-06-2011 at 08:51 PM..
Old 09-06-2011, 09:05 PM   #124
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: cloe147
Stats: 264/248.4/164
WOE: Stillmans QWL
Start Date: September 4th, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
I posted this on the other board too but i like to hear everyones opinions.

Do you ever wonder if you lose the weight and get to whatever you magic number is, mine is 125, 117 if possible. Will things be different? Will I magically be able to know to stop eating when I am no longer hungry? Or will it be a constant battle to stay at that weight?

Will things fall in place because I am finally happy or will I still be lonely but lonely and skinny? Will I go out more and meet new ppl or will I continue to keep to myself and fear crowds?

Will Bones eat me because he now only weighs 15 pounds less than me?

What if my friends don’t wanna hang out with me anymore because I no longer want to sit around and snack and be lazy, I have already kinda noticed that but maybe its in my head?
Yes I ask myself these same things, especially since I let myself get so huge. It seems like it would be a constant battle to keep my weight down, but hopefully that won't be the case.

Also, besides dealing with people who just want to sit around and eat, I've found that people can be so unsupportive when you're struggling to change your personal habits. People see your success as a reflection of their failure, and will often sabotage you. If it's not with bringing food around you that's tempting, it's saying little things to get you off track.

Three years ago, I got diagnosed with a chronic condition and people dropped out of my life like flies, especially when they noticed I was gaining weight from the medication and suggested diet my doctor prescribed me. I slowly turned into a hermit and learned to enjoy it. I was alone in dealing with the depression of not only struggling to manage a health condition, but the discrimination I faced for putting on weight too. I imagine that when I drop a lot of weight people will treat me differently for that too. I may have to put myself in therapy to deal with the feelings that would go along with that.

The only way I quit smoking was when I knew my health would be in danger otherwise. It's sad that it got to that point, just like it's gotten to this point now with my weight, but that's what did it for me. That's what kept me going. I have been smoke free for over seven years now. I quit cold turkey, much like I quit carbs cold turkey a few days ago. I know I absolutely have to now, because things are just going to get worse if I don't.

It's going to be hard, just like quitting smoking was hard, but it will be worth it in the end, I just know it! Only this time, I'm lucky to have some folks online I can share my journey with too!
cloe147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 04:00 AM   #125
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: emalily
Stats: 133/126.2/115; 5'6
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: September 1, 2011
Day 7: 126.0

Say hello to Day Seven!!! I am so impressed, though not surprised, that you’ve stuck with it this far; I’m even impressed at my OWN willpower! You know, I can’t remember the last time I stuck “to plan” for seven whole days; I know this is the morning of the seventh day still, but I really don’t even think I’ve made it through a 6th day in a long, long time. It feels so good!! This morning, while I only saw a 0.2 drop on the scale, I actually noticed in the mirror that I looked different. My arms looked thinner; my shoulders didn’t look so rounded. That was super rewarding ☺

So I’m now sitting at 126.0, with exactly 16 pounds to lose in 24 days. That’s just 0.67 pounds per day! Anyone can do that Really, though; there is no fear or worry in me any more; I used to dread what I called “The Freak Out”, where exactly every 5-6 days on plan, I would get EXTREME cravings, both psychological and physical, and I would battle them for a couple of hours, invariably ending up at the grocery store (WORST place but my FAVORITE place!) because I wouldn’t be able to study or play or watch a movie or focus on anything but filling my belly!! At that point I think I had done Amy’s Organics for a while (all carbohydrates) and then had eaten only plain non-fat Greek Yogurt for a couple months, and I truly think I had impaired my metabolism at that point, dipping into hypoglycemia predictably after less than a week on plan. So about every 6 days I was “failing” and it became a very bad cycle; I had transitioned from Amy’s Organic microwave meals to Greek yogurt to tuna because each time I would lose weight and then get greedy for faster faster faster weight loss; and the tuna (and meat in general) actually proved a blessing because I discovered it produced lightning-fast results (1-2 pounds a day?!) but also rid me of the Freak Out (no blood sugar swings on zero carbs baby!) .

My card for the day reads:
September 7: 24 Days
How am I this hardcore?!

3 mile walk
Bible reading
Eat only tuna
Drink 80 oz water

I am going to work today in a size 4 sheath dress from Target that I’ve worn at 135 pounds and 117 pounds, and it feels just right today! Which is very motivating, because about 2 weeks ago at nursing school orientation it felt tight around the shoulders (I gain weight top down; gross).

Linz- It has never occurred to me to make egg whites sweet! What a marvelous idea!!! I’m so busting proud of you for making it through Day 1- that is most definitely the hardest day; it seems to go on forever, no? But you did it! You kinda had me laughing out loud about your boob complaint (they are TOO young!) but I completely empathize- I always liked it after I lost weight when mine were quite small! It just makes you feel thin! I hate feeling top-heavy, because I AM an apple-shape. They will soon be unobtrusive dear!
Erin- I was quite intrigued with your egg experiences, and it made me realize that I too have never lost anything eating chicken, or eggs or beef for that matter! Only plain tuna… Honestly though that is probably because it is unappetizing to me, so I don’t even WANT to overeat it. I wish that I could lose eating rotisserie chicken- that had always been one of my guilty pleasures. If I could, every day I would go to Walmart and buy a $5 rotisserie chicken, sit in my car and eat all the skin off it with my fingers. I have done this many times before… I LOVE CHICKEN SKIN.
Please still be friends with me
emalily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 05:56 AM   #126
Junior LCF Member

Good morning everyone!

@emalily, congrats on your ongoing weight loss! You are doing so well, keep up the good work!

@silly_erin, thank you for sharing your experiences and tips!

Ok, so I weighed myself this morning and it came out at around 258.4. A lot less than I expected (I peed like a racehorse! lol!), but I will be ok! I chalk it up to the crystal lite and summer sausage, and the high sodium of lunch meat, so I am cutting all that out and going strictly chicken and water, for now.

And on a side note, I just feel better all around! I have more energy and feel very positive and hopeful despite my weigh in. My cravings are for the most part completely gone and that gives me a sense of peace I don't normally have. It is a nice change from my bad habits!
Old 09-07-2011, 06:32 AM   #127
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: AlmondGirl
Hi girls! Hi emalily! congrats to keeping your plan.

I read your posts and I know some vitamins are liposoluble which mean they are absorbed by the body only in fat, and some of them are necessary for the body to process the fat into energy-this is how you lose weight.

So I guess you should take the vitaminjs immediately after your fattest meal. But I think you could rely on your experience with the vitamins.

I had mixed results with taking multivitamins,somedays I lost 2 pounds because I took a multivitamin, while other days I got too hungry because of them.
AlmondGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 06:49 AM   #128
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Pipper
Good morning. I weighed in at 189.4. A two pound loss from yesterday, I will take it. I had chicken and sugar free jello yesterday.

Emalily, You are doing great. I love your pictures you post.

Cloe147, I find when I stick with chicken, tuna and eggs I lose the best. I always want to eat lunch meat for the convenience. It slows down my weight loss.

Hope everyone has a great day.
Pipper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 08:26 AM   #129
Senior LCF Member

Whoo hoo to Day 7!!

emily AWESOME job my dear!! You've lost, what, 7 lbs in 7 days?? That is soooo great! You look beautiful all done up girl! You will knock em dead in your cute little dress!! What do you do for work? Regarding your "freak out"....do you feel like having the support of this board helps keeps you stronger than before? Coupled with zero cravings from zero carbs, I think it's been instrumental for me....so, thank you

P.S. I still like you even though you like chicken skin

Cloe - awesome feeling isn't it? Not having cravings gives such a sense of control, which is so important on this plan! keep up the great work girl!

Hey Almond! I take all my vitamins before I go to bed so it doesn't upset my stomach during the day...this has never stalled or hurt my weight loss! But we gotta do what works for us, right?!

Hiya pipper! I love your name. I want a name like pipper...it's just fun to say & makes you sound cute & sophisticated & fun...even though I don't know you. Where do you live? I automatically think England and I don't know why! And 2 lbs down! Way to go girl!! Chicken, tuna & eggs are a girls best friend!

Today is going to be a GREAT day! I weighed in today at 162...which is 1 lb down from my starting weight on 9/1. That's ok, it's a lb down & no more interruptions to October deliverance!! On plan for today:

Run - 20 minutes with pup - done
Lean ground beef - 5 oz - done
Lean Ground beef - 5 oz
Tilapia - 5 oz
Workout - upper body light weights
protein powder w/ glutamine & bcaa's (I'm going to see if using this stalls me at all, it shouldn't, as my muscles should soak it up after lifting, but we'll see)

Control is the name of my game today! Stay in control, stay focused, keep my eyes on the prize! One.....day....at.....a.....time

xoxoxo
Old 09-07-2011, 09:08 AM   #130
Senior LCF Member

Day 2 for me: Yesterday was nothing but dry plain turkey burger and I ran 3 miles.

I woke up this morning to a flat stomach

Nothing but water yet today, Im a breakfast skipper.

Im reading an awesome book called "The diet cure"...its basically about using vitamins to cure overeating, binging, energy slumps, low thyroid, burnt adrenals (the reviews on Amazon are amazing). So im picking up a bottle of L-glutamine to eliminate carb and sugar cravings, and some GABA to help me relax in the evening. Most of my binges start because im so STRESSED by the time I get home, my brain is SCREAMING for relaxation. And whats the quickest way to relax and get sleepy? Binge.

So im hoping the GABA will help me wind down without running to food.

Last edited by SillyErin; 09-07-2011 at 09:14 AM..
Old 09-07-2011, 10:01 AM   #131
Junior LCF Member

@ aloha linz, thank you!

@ almondgirl, I chew one kid's vitamin, plus two antacid tablets (for calcium) when I eat something with fat in it, for optimum absorption.

@ pipper, thanks for sharing your experience! I am going shopping tomorrow so I know what to look for now.
Old 09-07-2011, 10:09 AM   #132
Senior LCF Member

Hey Erin - I actually take adrenal caps for that very reason. I also take a prenatal vitamin, ZMA (zinc magnesium for recovery & sound sleep) & fish oil & primrose oil. When I was my leanest, I was taking these every day!
Old 09-07-2011, 10:35 AM   #133
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 195/195/175 5'3.5
WOE: stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011 Restart June 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloe147 View Post
Yes I ask myself these same things, especially since I let myself get so huge. It seems like it would be a constant battle to keep my weight down, but hopefully that won't be the case.

Also, besides dealing with people who just want to sit around and eat, I've found that people can be so unsupportive when you're struggling to change your personal habits. People see your success as a reflection of their failure, and will often sabotage you. If it's not with bringing food around you that's tempting, it's saying little things to get you off track.

Three years ago, I got diagnosed with a chronic condition and people dropped out of my life like flies, especially when they noticed I was gaining weight from the medication and suggested diet my doctor prescribed me. I slowly turned into a hermit and learned to enjoy it. I was alone in dealing with the depression of not only struggling to manage a health condition, but the discrimination I faced for putting on weight too. I imagine that when I drop a lot of weight people will treat me differently for that too. I may have to put myself in therapy to deal with the feelings that would go along with that.

The only way I quit smoking was when I knew my health would be in danger otherwise. It's sad that it got to that point, just like it's gotten to this point now with my weight, but that's what did it for me. That's what kept me going. I have been smoke free for over seven years now. I quit cold turkey, much like I quit carbs cold turkey a few days ago. I know I absolutely have to now, because things are just going to get worse if I don't.

It's going to be hard, just like quitting smoking was hard, but it will be worth it in the end, I just know it! Only this time, I'm lucky to have some folks online I can share my journey with too!
I can't belivev your friends did that I'm so sorry to hear about that its really hard to go it alone. You know you can always come here and talk to us, I knw when I started stills back in the winter The boards were my savinbg grace.
Mar922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 11:06 AM   #134
Major LCF Poster!

hey girls!

Thanks for answering my questions, it was like all of a sudden they just all popped into my head!

I don't think I could do all tuna because I love tuna and overeat it but I am trying having a fish day today so I am trying to limit myself, I will probaby make fish cakes for dinner but again i have to try not to over indulge haha its why i stick with Chicken i can eat it plain and I can stop eaing it once I am full!

Went to costco last night and stocked up on chicken and tuna so that should carry me through the weekend!

Aloha: I wish I would get my dog to run with me! he is huge and in great shape (unlike me) but he only saunters if I try to make him run he sits and I can't move him haha. Maybe when my little girl dog is older she'll run but she's pretty happy to just saunter along too so I think I am out of luck!

Em: 7 pounds in 7 days is fantastic! especally because you were in the healthy weight range to begin with, I once lost 10 pounds in 7 days but I am over weight.

Erin: You are inspriring, and plain always seems to be the way to do things, if I can kick my caffeine addiction I would love to try just meat and water
Old 09-07-2011, 11:44 AM   #135
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lizbob
Stats: 133.6/131.8/115
WOE: LFL
Start Date: 9/26 xmas challenge
What an insightful group we have! I don't write as much the rest of you because 1) my job keeps me busy and 2)I diet better when I'm not thinking of dieting and food all the time.

Marr asked which beach I was headed to--looks like it's going to be Galveston Island south of Houston.
Several of you wondered if folks treat you different once you are skinny: They sure do, and other women, ones you thought were your dear friends, will not want you around their husbands and boyfriends. Overweight people are just as prejudiced against lean people as the reverse.
Like Ems, I LOVE to eat and I've been dieting since I was sixteen. I'm glad I did--it was nice to be an "older" woman and still be able to turn heads. But it's never gotten any easier. Now that I'm married (again!), it's harder and harder to find the motivation, so I'm thrilled to find this thread. All the emotions our group has written about are very familiar to me--we are not alooone..
Anyway--
Lost 2/10th of a pound.
Did upper body weights for 1/2 hour.
On my 4th glass of water.
1/4 cup cottage cheese and 1/3 chicken breast for bkfst
2 mozarella sticks for mid-morning snack
salmon fillet with dijon mustard for lunch
lemon sf jello

I probably eat more than some of you, but I really don't want to lose too much of the lean muscle mass I've acquired from my faithful workouts.
Three more weeks to go!!! I'm a pretty good C&W, swing, and latin dancer, so I'm up for a celebratory nightclub reunion in Austin one evening.
Lizbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 04:48 PM   #136
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: krisi
Hey...

Aunt flow came to town so I haven't weighed but I'm still going at it!
krisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 06:45 PM   #137
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: als9503
Stats: 167/167/130 5'4"
WOE: Stillman's/Meat & Egg
Start Date: 4/03/12
Can I play too? Please?

Hi Ladies! I know I'm a week late, but I really wanna join in. I have only read the first two pages of this thread (so far) and I am hooked! I feel like I'm reading a fantastic play. A little background about me: I am 38 years old, 5'4", 134 lbs. Back in June, I went from 139 to 126 in about 2 weeks on Stillman's. Since then I have been in some sort of low-carb Atkins-esque quasi-maintenance where I indulge in "bad" foods for events or going out and then do Atkins or Stillman's for most of the week. I have been able to stay in the 127 to 130 range with this haphazard style of eating...until recently. I managed to build up a false sense of security knowing that I could eat whatever and then lose anything I gained in a week or less. In the meanwhile, my cravings were getting out of control and I started to eat increasingly bad foods (as I sit here eating Swedish Fish). And now I am up to 134 and feeling like sh*t. I decided to post to this thread to to make myself accountable and also for support. Much like many of you, the people in my life think I look great and shouldn't be concerned about my weight. But even if "a few pounds" don't make a big difference in the way my clothes fit, they make a HUGE difference in how I FEEL. So....here I am!!! I will post my official start weight tomorrow morning and I am making a commitment to check in and post my progress every day. OK, enough about me...I'm going to get back to reading about y'all. :-)
als9503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 08:05 PM   #138
Junior LCF Member

@ mar922, thank you so much for your support and kind words! I am also looking forward to returning the same support and positivity that has been so nice in this forum. This is literally an oasis for me in the desert of the Internet.

A quick update - today has been really well for me! I hope it has been well for everyone else, too. Today I've only had water and two chicken breasts (so far). This is a huge milestone for me because I have been drinking sugar free calorie free stuff for so long, to drink water and actually enjoy it a huge breakthrough for me! I imagine I'll be saving a ton of money too!
Old 09-07-2011, 08:05 PM   #139
Senior LCF Member

Mar - a dog that run with you is the BEST!! I wish you had that too....I am truely grateful...and had nothing to do with it. When I rescued him, he was already a runner! How lucky am I?!

Lizbob - way to go! Do what you gotta do to make it girl.....we all understand busy lives!! Just glad to have you along for the ride! I'm with you on not wanting to lose muscle mass...I eat as frequently as I can...every 3 hours.....3-5oz per meal. Doesn't always work that way, but I try. Also taking l-glutamine & BCAA's helps maintain and recover muscles.

als9503 - welcome welcome! You'll feel like home here!

Emily!! Where is our fearless leader?? I missed today! Hope you've had a great day girl...update us when you can P.S...I don't expect you to be on this thing every waking minute, I understand you might actually have a LIFE! ha ha....I for one, don't, so I'm usually here when I'm not working or sweating or driving or...you get what im tryin to say!! xoxo

Today was crazy...it's 104 degrees here & I was outside in it from 11:30am-7pm. I am soooo tired....and sweaty. I literally drank 2 gallons of water today, and barely pee-pee'd between the hours of 11-7...holy sweat buckets batman!! I had lean ground beef at breakfast, then about 3 hours later had more, then I brought two protein shakes with me outside. It wasn't enough....I was STARVING when I got home....so I made a piece of tilapia, and I think that'll do. I hope. No, it will. Lifted weights today for the first time on this program, so I'll see how that affects me, or how I feel tomorrow. I said I was doing upper body, but ended up working legs. all really light, but could feel it. It would be impossible for me to go heavy right now without my knees buckling!

I'm off to count sheep....love to you all....stay strong!!! xoxoxx

Last edited by Aloha Linz; 09-07-2011 at 08:08 PM..
Old 09-07-2011, 08:30 PM   #140
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: emalily
Stats: 133/126.2/115; 5'6
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: September 1, 2011
Als, I loved reading your post- you really hit me right in the heart. Chaotic, "haphazard" style of eating is the only thing I've ever known. And you're right: those few pounds make all the difference in the world to whether we feel sweet and sexy or a schlubby mess. Have the satisfaction right now of knowing you are going to give us your whole focus, your entire energies, your complete and total commitment to becoming the hottest, strongest, most assured woman you've ever dreamed of being. I can't wait to see what you're capable of!

Linz- today involved work work work and then school school school ☹ Sorry babe! I hope to be more present tomorrow. You know what I love about you? : “It wasn't enough....I was STARVING when I got home....so I made a piece of tilapia, and I think that'll do. I hope. No, it will.” Your iron resolve is supersexyawesome. Also “holy sweat buckets batman!!!” = Emily snorting in public place. Thanks.

Cloe- I am very attached to sugar-free drinks too!! I could easily consume a case of diet coke in 24 hours; isn’t it crazy and nice to drink plain water and start to enjoy it more than flavored phosphoric acid?? I applaud your chicken+water day!! I definitely had a diet Pepsi today… No apologies though, sorry; sometimes I just gotta have my drug. If it affects my loss tomorrow, I may have to eat crow

To all of my beautiful ladies (Linz, Lizbob, Leigh, Mar, Macc, Cloe, Als, Krisi, Erin, Almond, Pipper), CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!
You have just made it through a week on The Doctor's Quick Weight Loss Diet, and I am flabbergasted at our collective willpower. The fact that you stand before me (metaphorically) having eating nothing but animal matter and WATER for the past SEVEN DAYS blows my mind and gives me wild and crazy ideas for just how down and dirty into the nitty-gritty we are willing to get to transform our drumstick arms and belly pooches into appendages Adriana Lima should covet. This is not just about that adipose tissue, my loves, this is about us finally, once-and-for-all, quashing doubts, fears and self-loathing. This is us bringing sexy back, and then throwing a house-warming party for it, cause it ain't getting away again. You've just given me seven days of moderate discomfort in return for a flatter belly, clearer skin and boosted spirits; aren't you ready to give me the next 23 days if I promise you an entirely different body and mind?? I knew you'd agree

I'm ready to rock. Let's roll.

Last edited by emalily; 09-07-2011 at 08:41 PM..
emalily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 05:35 AM   #141
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Pipper
Oh I had a post all typed out and my computer froze.

I am down another pound today. I am down 20 pounds from my highest.

I will be back later to check on everyone.

Pipper

Stillmans

9/6 191.6
9/7 189.4
9/8 188
Pipper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 06:33 AM   #142
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: als9503
Stats: 167/167/130 5'4"
WOE: Stillman's/Meat & Egg
Start Date: 4/03/12
It's official!

Ok ladies, my official starting weight is 132 lbs. I am going to post my "before" photos when I get home from work tonight. I'm not looking forward to that, but it is part of making myself accountable and that's what I'm here for. Oh, and to lose a bunch of weight and become super sexy.

Pipper - I love your avatar! That is so funny!
als9503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 07:26 AM   #143
Senior LCF Member

Day 3, Down 2 lbs - 159.9!

Yippeeee! Day 3 for me has brought a happy number! 159.9...finally out of the 160's....hopefully it will stick! I ended up having some turkey bacon last night cause I was so hungry & that's all I had left that was protein....i have some frozen fish, but that would've taken too long, and most of us on here aren't the patient type, am I right?! . I'm going shopping today to stock up on beef, tuna & turkey, so along with my fish, I will be well stocked & ready to tackle the next week of stillman's!

Seeing results is what keeps me motivated...I'm seeing changes in my body too. Yesterday I still felt bloated & huge. Today I feel a lot leaner. I AM ready for my appetite to be gone though, I'm really hungry! I'm hanging in there though, hoping a few more days & I'll have that stillmans no appetite that is so glorious.

Ems - how's it goin girl? What's your update this morning my sweet? Hope you're still seeing that scale move south! Sounds like you had a crazy work/school day yesterday! 23 more days....we can do this!!

Pipper - way to go girl! Love seeing that number go down! What are you eating?

Als - welcome to your official day 1!! Posting pics is tough, but definitely ads an element of accountability knowing you're gonna have to post the "after" pics! Oye! What's on your menu?

Today's schedule is a little uncertain but here's a look:
Bootcamp (i'm a trainer, I don't DO the actual workout, just bark orders) - done
Meal 1 - turkey bacon (last of it!) - done
Meal 2 - not sure, most likely beef or fish
Meal 3 - same
Work
workout - upper body, weights. Laying off cardio today...my legs are sore & tired from yesterday's leg workout
Meal 4 - protein shake with pp, glutamine, bcaa's & water
Work
Meal 5 - beef or fish
Meal 6 - only if hungry!

Have a wonderful day my lean, mean, meat eating machine friends!! xoxo
Old 09-08-2011, 07:58 AM   #144
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by als9503 View Post
And now I am up to 134 and feeling like sh*t. I decided to post to this thread to to make myself accountable and also for support. Much like many of you, the people in my life think I look great and shouldn't be concerned about my weight. But even if "a few pounds" don't make a big difference in the way my clothes fit, they make a HUGE difference in how I FEEL. )
Wow, Als! you are preaching to the Choir, woman! How many times have I bounced from 134 to 127, gotten smug, started slacking off, then I'm back up 5 pounds and feeling suicidal, and weak-willed Thanks to Fearless Leader Ems our group will prevail! Welcome to the group.

Today so far:
Down to 128 (haven't seen that number in a while!)
Did Callanetics
Ate 2 LF mozarella sticks rolled up in two slices of lean roast beef, nuked for 30 seconds (absolutely delish!) topped off with dijon mustard.

Congratulations to everyone who is doing SO WELL!
Old 09-08-2011, 08:11 AM   #145
Major LCF Poster!

All tuna day went really well except I made the fish cakes for dinner and ate all 3 cuz they tasted so good! still saw a loss though so if I can stuff myself and still see a loss I am ok with that!

Today in an egg day and tomorrow I will do chicken I think.

I have been doing one thing a day to see how they affect me individually also its really easy to just make one thing instead of meal plan although I am sure I will play around with things on the weekend like omelets and stuff.
Old 09-08-2011, 09:12 AM   #146
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloha Linz View Post
Mar - a dog that run with you is the BEST!! I wish you had that too....I am truely grateful...and had nothing to do with it. When I rescued him, he was already a runner! How lucky am I?!

Today was crazy...it's 104 degrees here & I was outside in it from 11:30am-7pm. I am soooo tired....and sweaty. I literally drank 2 gallons of water today, and barely pee-pee'd between the hours of 11-7...holy sweat buckets batman!! I had lean ground beef at breakfast, then about 3 hours later had more, then I brought two protein shakes with me outside. It wasn't enough....I was STARVING when I got home....so I made a piece of tilapia, and I think that'll do. I hope. No, it will. Lifted weights today for the first time on this program, so I'll see how that affects me, or how I feel tomorrow. I said I was doing upper body, but ended up working legs. all really light, but could feel it. It would be impossible for me to go heavy right now without my knees buckling!

I'm off to count sheep....love to you all....stay strong!!! xoxoxx
What type of dog do you have, both my dogs are rescues ok all 7 of them are rescues but only the 2 live with me permanently

Careful working out in that heat! It's been unussually warm here this past week but I am enjotying it because I can continue to wear my summer dresses but it cools down at night so I can turn my AC off although with 7 dogs in my tiny house it gets pretty warm I might keep them around for when it hits -45C in January
Old 09-08-2011, 09:40 AM   #147
Senior LCF Member

Day 3 for me.

Last night was a little harder, because today I started TOM. But I stuck it out - 8oz turkey burger last night, and maybe a couple bites of tuna.

Day 1- plain turkey, 3 mile run
Day 2 - plain turkey, some tuna, too tired to run, but I walked the dog a couple miles
Day 3 - so far - nothing, but I feel bloated and VERY run down.

Normally by this time I feel super skinny already from shedding the water weight, but because of TOM I feel like puffy bloated boo-boo. Meh.

This is how I always succeed: Go all the way with Stillmans, bust some a$$, keep going, plow thru...(its always roughly 5-6 days) Then I take a little break, and I kick some more Stillman arse (extremely strick, no tears, gettin ner' done, manin' it up) for another 5 day stint, repeat over and over.

This diet works the best when you make no excuses, ALL OR NOTHING, absolutely no exceptions. It will provide, trust me. But you have to hold your hand to the fire (is that even a phrase? I have no clue) oh its FEET to the fire, and realize this wont be forever. Give it 100% right now!
Old 09-08-2011, 09:54 AM   #148
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloha Linz View Post
Yippeeee! Day 3 for me has brought a happy number! 159.9...finally out of the 160's....hopefully it will stick!
Linz--FAAAANNTASTIC. It's such a great feeling to break the tens and the fives.
Old 09-08-2011, 10:25 AM   #149
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SillyErin View Post
Day 3 for me.

ThisBut you have to hold your hand to the fire (is that even a phrase? I have no clue) oh its FEET to the fire, and realize this wont be forever. Give it 100% right now!
Harder than it looks! haha
Attached Images
File Type: jpg holding hand to fire.jpg (53.4 KB, 15 views)
Old 09-08-2011, 11:15 AM   #150
Senior LCF Member

Mar - I have a Ridgeback/shepard mix...he looks like scooby doo He's such a love!! I just love the rescue pups...they are so grateful! All dogs are wonderful of course...just there's something about a rescue dog that tugs at my heart strings.

Good call on doing 1 food per day! Great way to eliminate any culprits

It's another scorcher here today...it was 91 at 9am already! supposed to be 104 again....then tomorrow we start dropping. I work again 11:30-7 outdoors, but this morning I didn't run, and I've eaten a little more today to hopefully give me energy to power through. Being in the heat so long sucks the living life out of me!

Erin - good job girl! You are a warrior!! Hang in there through TOM....I feel your pain right now!

Lizbob - thank you! And congrats to you too!! 128....woo hoooooo!!

Went to costco today & stocked up on tuna, lean ground beef, turkey & a little splurge of filet mingon. Been really hungry today....so far I've had:

Meal 1 - turkey bacon - done
Meal 2 - tilapia - done
Meal 3 - 4oz filet - done

And will finish with:
Meal 4 - protein shake post workout
Meal 5 - lean ground beef (4oz)
Meal 6 - if hungry, tbd

Please go away evil hunger....please! Might have to cut out the protein shake cause of the artificial sweetner & see if that helps my hunger. Everything else I'm eating PLAIN jane & plain ole water!

Ta ta for now! Hopefully I don't melt into the pavement!

Emily - hope you're doing ok sweets! I'm starting to worry a little...we are here when you need us!! Love to you....

Last edited by Aloha Linz; 09-08-2011 at 11:16 AM..