Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2011, 12:17 PM   #91
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: krisi
Day 4

I'm 209.6 I lost 1.4 pounds I'm shocked ! I lost 8.4 pounds in 4 days! Even though I committed carbicide! Today is a new day and I'm pumped! Off to run errands and drink some water mmmm water!
krisi is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-04-2011, 12:25 PM   #92
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: emalily
Stats: 133/126.2/115; 5'6
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: September 1, 2011
Woo hoo Krisi!!!! That is fantastic; keep it up woman!!
emalily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 08:19 AM   #93
Senior LCF Member

Day 5: 127.0

Welcome to Day 5!!! I was thrilled to see "127.0" on the scale this morning, which is a 1.8 drop; I am very impressed at Dr. Stillman that he can deliver nearly 2-lb losses a day for someone already under the average (AVERAGE, not PERFECT haha) weight for her height (Forty years after his death!!! The man is a genius.) I only ate 3 packets of tuna yesterday, walked 3 miles and had an 8-hour shift that involved non-stop bustling around, so I definitely went to bed hungry, tired and out of sorts, but honestly I much prefer going to bed with a growling tummy than feeling stuffed and gross. In the long run, to be successful, I need to go for the pleasure of weighing in the morning than eating junk now. It will always be a delayed gratification game here.

I just finished my breakfast: TUNA! And am nursing a cup of Good Earth Seven Spice Chai Tea with stevia (Yum-o!). I have a little bowl of pills/supplements that I'm dreading to swallow, but gotta do what I gotta do.

At 127 on Day 5, I have exactly 17.0 lbs to lose in 26 days, meaning I need to keep at or above 0.65 pounds a day. I think I may eat a lil' more today because a few days ago, I ate a couple of eggs and brisket in addition to my 3 tunas and still lost 1.2 pounds. Also, I actually don't want to drop 17 pounds in 10 days or something insane like that because I would feel that it wasn't real somehow... you know that feeling of when you drop 3 pounds the first day of low-carbing, and you know it's only water-weight so you know it's kind of fake?

I would feel like it was fake if I dropped 17 pounds in a little more than a week, and that it would just come right back. I know 17 in 26 is still crazy fast, but I'm just ready to be done with this mother. I can't carry it around any more, and I've wanted it too long. So, I would really be happy at this point to lose just 0.7 lb a day. Therefore, I will be quite satisfied if tomorrow the scale reads 126.3; that would be absolutely perfect and on track.

As crazy as you may think I am from the past 5 days of "tuna+water+walkingaroundtheearth," even I know that at my size (the average weight for 5'6 female is 130; my BMI is 20.5) that I can definitely not keep losing 1.8 or 2 pounds every day; not that I am incapable of doing that but that my body won't keep burning that much fat every day. The closer you come to goal, the slower and harder it is; if I was obese or clinically overweight I would rationally strive to lose as close to 2 lb/day until I was in a "normal" BMI. However, I've been losing more than TWICE my daily goal of 0.7 that would bring me right on target at 110 on October 1, so I want to slow it down a wee bit to make it to the end of these 30 days without either passing out or going insane and gorging!

Don't get me wrong; I am JUST as crazy and intense as when you met me 5 days ago and I said I would lose a bazillion pounds a day; I just want to stretch out the weight-losing pleasure (because it really is a thrill to see that number drop every day) until the bloody end: September 30th, or my last day of this Hellious project lol.

2012 is fast approaching, and I graduate college then with my Bachelor of Science in Nursing decree, and my grandparents are taking me to Europe for several weeks, and I just know it will be the best year of my life. There are a few things I have my heart set on for 2012, which I will bring about (either directly or indirectly) by this project in getting-skinny and building my resolve:

1. Wear a dress and heels most days of the week.
2. Get asked out by a man I am attracted to.
3. Never again feel the need to lose, only maintain my weight.
4. Never again lose control with food.
5. Eat normal, small meals like someone who had been naturally thin all her life.
6. Enjoy socializing, parties, dancing, clothes, kissing, movies, reading, dates, bubble baths, manicures, shopping etc. more than food.
7. Make an effort to be kind to and smile at everyone; never be a sourpuss.
8. Ask God daily for wisdom; garner wisdom by cultivating my fear of the Lord and reading Scripture.
9. Become the kind of woman a man NEEDS and can't live without.
10. Date, get engaged and get married.

Obviously I have reasonable expectations for the wonderful year of 2012 Not unreasonable with help from God Almighty and my new confidence!

Last night at work, the breakroom (as always) presented a challenge: carby goodness. I know graham crackers aren't pizza or cheesecake but when you live on tuna fish and water, they can seem like hunk of red velvet cake! It could have been a harder challenge to face: there are usually boxes of DONUTS there, so graham crackers in an opened package were a pretty measly temptation anyway, but I just whipped out my little notebook that I write motivational paragraphs for myself (see post from several days ago) and read/re-read it. Worked well and I am still alive, even after facing imminent graham-cracker consumption! Lol.

Actually, the funny thing is, I've always been much more tempted by fatty protein foods like bacon, brie, sausage, pepperoni, cheddar cheese, sugar-free whipped cream, you know: low-carb junk food, the kind that Atkins limited. This is why I never succeeded on Atkins- it was too pleasurable to eat the allotted 4 oz of cheese so I always overate it (I don't think I would lose weight even on only 4 oz..) and, let me tell you: the fact that processed meats like bacon and sausage and lunch meat were NOT limited, BAD BAD BAD for EMILY!!! Haha so Atkins was just too good to be true for me. But in conclusion, carbs don't really tempt me, but the super-greasy cheesy zucchini casserole my mom just sat down to in front of me (she is a life-long Atkins devotee, weighs 160 at 5'6) is calling my name so softly and sweetly. Wow I'm getting off track..

My card for today reads:

September 5: 26 Days
If I keep working at this and want it badly enough, I can have it.

3 mile walk: check!
Bible reading
Eat only tuna
Drink only water

See ya lovies!
Old 09-05-2011, 09:22 AM   #94
Senior LCF Member

My goal for the rest of these 26 days is to ONLY eat tuna. I just ate a good bit of brisket, and that is a really fatty meat, so I'm fearful of the scale for tomorrow morning. One good thing: overeating fatty (unprocessed) meat never leaves me bloated the next morning, so at least I still have a flat tummy to look forward to even if I don't lose any weight! I really need to stick to my cards: drink only water, eat only tuna. I really haven't been doing that faithfully. Twice now I've eaten hardboiled eggs and brisket. I'm sure even now that I will only eat tuna for the rest of the 26 days, my body will not drop more than a pound a day, so I will be safe. It won't let me be crazy insane and lose 17 pounds in 10 days. And, like I said in a previous entry, I would NEVER overeat tuna! Hah. Ever. Disgusting. So tuna it is for 26 days! I did eat tuna for breakfast, but then ate 2 eggs and brisket, so I am resolving this minute to start fresh with the "only tuna" mindset that will get me much farther than eating so much flavorful fat will. It would actually blow my mind if I finished all the tuna packets I have in the pantry; a whole case of them, maybe 50 or so. That would be awesome.

One of my big downfalls previously has been feeling (for some strange reason) like I was losing weight too quickly, but then I get in the mindset of "eat more" and then eat too much and gain weight and get discouraged. I realize now that my body will only lose a reasonable amount; I'm not going to die!! lol. So get ready to be overcome by the smell of tuna from this journal!!!! There is no "later", and starting anything even by tomorrow is too late, because it's never tomorrow and we say we will start tomorrow only because we aren't committed fully, completely, wholeheartedly, and "tomorrow" just means "I'm going to eat **** today because I will never get to again," but then tomorrow is today and when it gets here, we still aren't committed. I am committed. I want to weigh 110 pounds more than anything on earth, so it's gonna be a wild ride from here on out. Thank goodness that was the last of the brisket; there are no other straight meats in the house, and hardboiled eggs really aren't a temptation for me; the brisket was because it is unprocessed (but fatty), so I told myself "I need to lose only 0.7 pounds by tomorrow so I should eat more today"; what a crock. I assuredly didn't stuff myself or lose control, but I'm definitely full, which always feels counterproductive when you're trying to lose weight (I used to stuff myself with cabbage and cauliflower and not lose weight, so being full of ANYTHING is not a good thing for me). But we all know losing CONTROL, feeling like you're giving yourself over to the pleasure of food, that is the danger, and the trap that is so hard to pull yourself out of. So I feel good, not upset, just a little disappointed that I ate that simply because it was fatty and flavorful and NOT tuna. Right now is a new moment; even though at lunch I won't even WANT to eat tuna because I am very satiated. Which is a good thing...? I would really like to be 125 by Thursday for my next day of school; when I reach 124, I will feel great because I used to weigh 124 in my "still somewhat skinny" parameters; when I reach 120 I will feel fantastic; I WILL get to 110 by October 1, don't get me wrong; when I get to 115 that will be the lowest I've ever weighed, and 114 will be virgin weight loss territory I can't imagine what seeing that would feel like, and from 114 on down will be a dream come true. I LOVE seeing TRULY new numbers, not numbers that I have broken through before but am recovering from 2 months of gorging/dieting.

So:
7 pounds to feeling and looking great (120)
12 pounds to my all-time fantastic weight (115)
13 pounds to virgin weight loss (114)
17 pounds to PERFECTION (110)

Side note: I picked 110 a couple years ago when I was searching for celebrities' weights and celebrities who were my height so I could compare, and saw on a site that Jennifer Aniston is 5'6 and weighs 110 lbs. Now, this probably is someone's random guess of her weight and height, but I always thought Rachel on Friends was super sexy (in a girl-crush sort of way), and basically had the perfect body, so I chose 110 as the weight I would strive for and attain. Before that, I think my goal was 115, which is ironic because if I had still wanted only 115 when I actually reached 115 (for only a week or so before I started to lose control), I may have started my maintenance plan of eating 3 single-serving microwave meals a day, and might still be 115 today.... Depressing, but I gotta get beyond that, and I will reach 110 now because once I spotted that perfect number, there was no settling for anything less.
Old 09-05-2011, 11:45 AM   #95
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: AlmondGirl
Hello there Ema Lily and everybody!

Can I join?

I'm kind of overweight and I don't lose weight fast enough, and keep on putting the same pounds back on and this really makes me want a good diet.

I'm new to Atkins and reading an Atkins forum I found someone talking about Stilman. So I read up about this guy and I found people who said they lost 8 pounds in a week or so, but also they couldn't keep it more than two weeks.

Yesterday I had 205 pounds, today I had 207 pounds. I live in Europe so 93 kg and 94 kg.

I managed to get under 100 kg, this is 220 pounds. But now my new goal is to get to 83 kg, dressed up and after I ate, and this would be 182 pounds.

So it would be 25 pounds or 10 kg. Till October.

I would like to give it a try to Stilman for September.
So can I join you, girls?
AlmondGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 12:39 PM   #96
Senior LCF Member

AlmondGirl- Yes please join us dear! Have you read about the Stillman Quick Weight Loss Diet? Basically we just eat lean meat, fish and eggs: pure protein, no fat, no carbs. Have you done a low carb diet before? I would love to help you get started here; the results of a true Stillman diet, followed to the T, are very motivating.
Old 09-05-2011, 01:44 PM   #97
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: AlmondGirl
Thanks emalily!

I'm glad I found you, cause you are a such dedicated dieter girl, that I hope you'll keep me on track.

Yea, I've done many diets in the past, including low-carbs, but not Atkins.
I never ate only meat thought. This would be first time.

But I would like it to work because when I come back to normal eating or another diet I only put back 2-3 pounds. So if I manage to get to 180 pounds I'll start another low=carb diet from there.
AlmondGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 03:33 PM   #98
Senior LCF Member

I didn't eat lunch and I may not eat dinner; I felt so extremely satisfied after all that beef this morning. The thing that makes me feel still in control and not like I've messed up is that I've literally only consumed tuna (mainly), 4 hardboiled eggs and two episodes of beef brisket since I started 5 days ago (Thursday 9/1). If I ate carbs, I would definitely feel like I had to start over or some such nonsense, but it just feels like I need to burn off the extra animal fat I consumed this morning and hope to still be 127.0 tomorrow so I can have another awesome all-tuna day, where I can lose at least a pound in 24 hours. I'm being silly and drinking lots of laxative tea and some cranberry tea to shed water weight, because psychologically it really does keep me going to feel like I've shed "volume" on a day I consumed too many calories, even zero-carb animal calories. I'm drinking Senna tea in one mug and Cranberry tea in another, so hopefully my lil' intestines and kidneys will both come through for me and let me feel "cleaned out" by tomorrow. Yucky stuff, though; senna doesn't taste great. Why is the healthiest stuff always bitter? I wish everything tasted like bacon and brussels sprouts. No lie, brussels sprouts, roasted or baked, are the best thing alive. LOVE. Tomorrow is going to be a day of pure Albacore White Tuna (brings me better results than fewer calories with Chunk Light; strange), water, and tea perhaps with stevia. The Good Doctor delivers when you take him at his word!!
Old 09-05-2011, 03:54 PM   #99
Senior LCF Member

I really just want to get this over with; I keep telling myself that I can just go to eating 3 Amy's meals a day forever (I love them) and will never have to think about wanting to be smaller when I reach 110 pounds in the next 25 days; I'm going to forget yesterday's mentality of trying to "limit" my weight loss to the exact 0.7 pounds per day I need to get to 110 by October 1. I just need to get this bad boy over with, because there's no use even trying to make it half-way pleasant with sweeteners, even stevia, and Hansen's diet soda, and beef or anything other than dang darn tuna fish. I'm just gonna go for it, guys, drink enough water to drown in, drink tea but not coffee.

I've posted that I don't want people who join me coming on here every few posts and saying how they've messed up; well in terms of weight loss, I haven't messed up at all: 5 pounds in 5 days is right on target, or ahead of target. So if I'm 127 again tomorrow, I still need to lose 0.7 pounds a day, which I can far surpass with tuna+water. I'm a very all-or-nothing person. I can't lose weight eating everything in moderation, dropping 1-2 pounds per week. I have to lose weight as quickly as possible to keep my head in the game, which is what I will strive to do from here on out. This is a choice, which I am making my reality by choosing it every.single.second.

Here's what's going down:
The next 25 days of this challenge will involve tuna. water. tea. If it's not on that list (tuna+water+tea), it won't be happening. I'm not going to list things I WON'T be choosing to consume, because it's much simpler to say that if it is not tuna (plain), water (unflavored) or tea (unsweetened), it is not going through THIS GI tract. It will not pass my lips. I'm not saying even stevia or sucralose is bad, but I just know that the days I've done plain tuna + plain water, Doctor Stillman is MY BEST FRIEND. I mean, what other food can make you lose 2 pounds a day?? That is the max I used to lose when literally NOT EATING AT ALL.

So here goes everything.

I have everything to win here, and everything to lose (literally ).
Old 09-05-2011, 08:30 PM   #100
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Aloha Linz
Stats: 168/161/130 - 5'8"
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 9/5/2011
Hi girls I'm baaaaaaaaaack!! Whoo hoo! So exciting to see all the big time losses on here!!! Loving this energy....so invigorating & a true testiment to the efficiency of Stillmans!

I had a wonderful time in Texas & ate atkins all the way, with a few vodka sodas sprinkled in here & there. I scheduled this weekend as part of my september plan, so I don't feel like I let myself down, I was right on target! I'm not weighing until the morning because I know the sodium & fat content was through the roof. Really ready to get back to hardcore Stillmans with y'all (see, the texan in me is comin' out!)! Oh how I wish I was already in the trenches with you guys & past those first few days...I read the posts about hunger at night & the frustrating feelings & sadness, and I really empathized with that. I definitely feel that way too in the first few days....so sit back, relax, and wait for my midnight howls to begin soon! Hold me...

Em - SO proud of you...5 lbs in 5 days!! Wow wow wow...you're rockin this thing like the rockstar you are!! And I smile everytime I see your adorable face & those cute pictures you take!! Love it. I had so much fun in tx! I actually ended up in san antonio for more than was originally planned, but it was still fun. Last day/night was in Austin & that's the spot that holds my heart. Went country dancing last night & had the time of my life....just can't do that around here! You will definitely be seeing more of me in texas!! So excited!

25 more days!!! That's 25 lbs for ME, 17 for you......piece of CAKE!! Ok, a very low carb, meat flavored cake..... Tuna is your bff! Tuna will never let you down! Tuna is always happy to see you! Tuna will never run away from you or turn it's back on you! Tuna will be there & love you even if you get mad at it! Tuna makes you feel sexy! When you've got TUNA, who needs a man?! I'm with ya girl....next 25 days is all lean protein...eggs, fish, tuna, chicken, wash, rinse, repeat. Water water water.

I'm sorry to all that I'm not responding directly to each post, but I'm running on 2 hours of sleep from last night & traveling all day....so tired & need to get my skinny beauty sleep Love to you all & will be back tomorrow with gusto! xoxo
Aloha Linz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 09:26 PM   #101
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: cloe147
Stats: 264/248.4/164
WOE: Stillmans QWL
Start Date: September 4th, 2011
Hi everyone! I'm so glad I found this forum/thread, I have been looking everywhere online for a place where others also practice low carb/low calorie way of eating! I hope it's not too late to join in, as I've stayed on this diet for a whole two days and I'm in it for the long haul!

Long story short - I seriously let myself go for the past three years, in dealing with personal problems I won't bore you with right now. Although I recently found out that my blood sugar is fine, my blood pressure and cholesterol levels have suffered. Consider my situation a cautionary tale for anyone who is feeling tempted or like they're going to fall off the bandwagon.

I have before pics taken, but I'm too embarrassed to post them right away. I will do so at the end of the month, though, when I am feeling braver.

I am also not weighing myself every day, because my focus is portion/craving control and I can better handle things when I'm feeling stronger in a few more days. But I will check in with my progress and to support others though.

Anyway, I am looking forward to getting to know you nice people and doing my part on the team, if you'll have me.
cloe147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 08:12 AM   #102
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 195/195/175 5'3.5
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011
Hey Ladies everyone looks like they are doing great! 25 more days! and I have 20 pounds to go, Hope it keeps up!

I know Em doesn't want ppl posting mistakes they had on this board so if any one falls off the wagon I say we go to the stillmans Sept watching out weight falling board all the ppl over there are fantastic too and can offer great advice and motivation
Mar922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 08:14 AM   #103
Senior LCF Member

Day 6: 126.2

Good morning cupcakes!!! How are you on this Sixth Challenge Day?

If you read last night's angsty post, you know I was fearful of actually gaining instead of losing or even staying right at 127.0 because of the rather high-fat (but carb-free!) beef I ate yesterday morning; well, I guess my regular 3-mile walk, plus skipping lunch and dinner (I was truly sated by that lovely bovine deliciousness) turned a potentially control-threatening situation into a decent result, because (drumroll, please):

This puts me just a wee bit over the 0.69 pounds I need to lose daily to make 110 pounds a reality on October 1.

Days down: 5 Days to go: 25
Pounds lost: 5.8 Pounds to go: 16.2

So to lose 16.2 pounds in 25 days, I will be losing at LEAST 0.65 pounds per day. This will be a breeze with the fabulous Doctor and the unbelievably quick weight loss tool he has given us, that, thirty six years after his death, still has the power to frighten fat off yer booty

Got up a little before 7, while it was still dark and cold outside (what is UP September?!), laced up mah runnin' shoes and fleece jacket (that's just wrong, Dallas) and hit the pavement for a nice 6-mile jaunt around the neighborhood and through the adjoining golf course (a wonderful place to walk but probably illegal for my non golf-playing self..), listening to C.S. Lewis's Chronicles of Narnia on my iPod (alternated with Christina Aguilera to keep my blood pumping!).

Now I'm suckin' down a gigantic 48-oz iced black tea to jump-start my fluid intake for the day, and facing my first tuna for breakfast; hopefully my esophagus won't expel the massive quantities of vitamins and supplements I'm about to force down.

Linz- SO glad to see you again!!! I was so excited you were coming back to us this week, and now this crazy game is really gonna take off Good for you for sticking with our other main man Dr. A- he at least has the most delicious diet out there lol. You will be past the first few days in no time; just focus focus focus on that lovely 125; don’t let it out of sight. And, um, when you lose that weight for yourself, you know you’re going to have to reward yourself by meeting me and the other Texas gals in A-town and dancing all night with the hottest cowboys around Seriously. Put it on your calendar. We are going to deserve it after all the effort we’re investing.

Miss Cloe- Hello lady!! Please come with us to the land of Thin and Beautiful; it will be so happy to see you again From this moment on, forget the last three years and just start with a clean slate; throw out any tempting yummies laying around the house, fridge, breadbox, cupboard, and stock up on fish, lean poultry and meat, and drown your pretty self with drinking water! Get us pics whenever you feel brave enough, but we will feel more connected when we know where you’re starting from. Your stats say you are going to lose 100 pounds; I applaud you!!! You belong here and we won’t take no for an answer!

My card for today reads:
September 6:25 Days
Superbly sexy: your imminent fate.

3 mile walk: check!!
Bible reading
Eat only tuna
Drink only water

At wee bit of motivation from the Darling Doctor to help us do today proud:
"Please keep this in mind every day that you're reducing: you are not guessing that the Quick Weight Loss Diet will work. You are not relying on false claims or empty promises. This method has been proved in the cases of many thousands of others who have regained attractive figures. It will work for you- swiftly, pleasantly, surely. Just give the Quick Weight Loss Diet at least one week's trial. Never again will you moan hopelessly in Shakespeare's words: 'O! That this too solid flesh would melt.' This time you can have confidence that you'll achieve the wonderful reducing results and the slim figure you want."
"You should expect to lose 5 per cent to 10 per cent of your weight the first week it you are overweight. If you weight 150 pounds and are considerably overweight, you must lose between 7 and 15 pounds the first week... You'll score these satisfying losses while you eat excellent wholesome foods- lean meats, fish, poultry, shellfish, eggs and cottage cheese... Right from the start you take off excess fat quickly to reach your desired weight."

Just remember, girls, while eating only "lean meats, fish, poultry, shellfish and eggs" is VERY important, eating only when hungry and only enough to satisfy hungry pangs is paramount here. I did the Dukan diet last summer, and ate only fat-free cottage cheese and egg whites for a month but ended up 8 pounds heavier because I simply overate them; didn't matter that it was protein. So, bear in mind CALORIES DO MATTER. The days I've lost 1.8 pounds, 2 pounds, 1.2 pounds were because I ate only protein and only enough protein to keep my body running. It works like magic, but you've got to work IT!

In the words of Tim Allen in Galaxy Quest (hilarious movie.): "Never give up, never surrender!"

Stay strong girls, and we will be there in a flash of light!
Old 09-06-2011, 09:38 AM   #104
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Pipper
Hi, I was wondering if I could join you girls. I started Stilllmans today. My plan is to do Stillmans all of September. I would love to lose 20 pounds.

So far today I have had a grilled chicken breast.

Hope everyone has a great Stillmans day.
Pipper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 09:40 AM   #105
Senior LCF Member

Welcome, Pipper! We are blessed to have you- love the chicken!
Old 09-06-2011, 09:51 AM   #106
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
Hey Ladies everyone looks like they are doing great! 25 more days! and I have 20 pounds to go, Hope it keeps up!

I know Em doesn't want ppl posting mistakes they had on this board so if any one falls off the wagon I say we go to the stillmans Sept watching out weight falling board all the ppl over there are fantastic too and can offer great advice and motivation
I forgot to add the last part...

so this board can stay all positive. I'm blaming this on it being a "Monday" morning haha
Old 09-06-2011, 11:11 AM   #107
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Pipper
Thanks Emalily

I weighed this morning. I hate to write this but it was 191.6. My goal weight is 130. I am just going to keep picking away at it.

Hard boiled eggs for dinner tonight. Walking 3 miles for exercise.

Pipper
Pipper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 12:27 PM   #108
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: johnsa37
Stats: 155.4 (post-partum) /155.4/130
WOE: Low carb to drop the baby weight :)
Start Date: Dec. 1, 2014
Has anyone else found fish scales in their tuna?? This is the second time now in a week that I have found one in my lunch... it really ruins tuna for me - and I just bought a ton!! Ugh... It's the Starkist Albacore tuna pouches...

Well, it's a good way to ruin my appetite... that's for sure...
johnsa37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 12:56 PM   #109
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: cloe147
Stats: 264/248.4/164
WOE: Stillmans QWL
Start Date: September 4th, 2011
Bless you emalily, I am so happy to be here and be a part of this challenge! I don't know how long it will take, but I'm betting by next spring I'll be thin enough to post a picture on the internet without feeling ashamed. Woo hoo I am on board and raring to go today!

I woke up this morning with no cravings and a metallic taste in my mouth. I think I'm finally on the downhill slope to ketosis! Yay! The past two days were very tough but very worth it.

Here's what my plan has been so far:

three pre-portioned packets of lunch meat
a couple small slices of summer sausage
all the sugar free crystal lite decaf iced tea I can drink

Yes I know it's not much :blush: but I am desperately watching my sodium intake and am portioning out accordingly. I am eating this way for at least one more day, then I am cutting out the summer sausage and doing this:

one packet of lunch meat
precooked chicken breasts
all the brewed, unsweetened decaf tea I can drink

I haven't decided on an exercise program as of yet, because my job is already physically demanding for a lady of my size. So as I lose weight, I will probably start walking around the block once, then twice, and build up my strength from there. I have hand weights so I get a full body workout. That will be in my updates when I post.

I hope everyone is having a fabulous day!
cloe147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 01:40 PM   #110
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lizbob
Stats: 133.6/131.8/115
WOE: LFL
Start Date: 9/26 xmas challenge
Welcome to all the new peeps joining us!
Couldn't really post over the holiday, but I'm back now.
I'm not losing as fast as Emalilly, but still happy with my progress. Also very happy with my level of integrity on this board--knowing I don't want to let anyone down makes a big difference.
10 days to go before my beach vacation!
Lizbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 02:10 PM   #111
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizbob View Post
Welcome to all the new peeps joining us!
Couldn't really post over the holiday, but I'm back now.
I'm not losing as fast as Emalilly, but still happy with my progress. Also very happy with my level of integrity on this board--knowing I don't want to let anyone down makes a big difference.
10 days to go before my beach vacation!
I'm sure you've said but where are you going?
Old 09-06-2011, 02:12 PM   #112
Major LCF Poster!

I posted this on the other board too but i like to hear everyones opinions.

Do you ever wonder if you lose the weight and get to whatever you magic number is, mine is 125, 117 if possible. Will things be different? Will I magically be able to know to stop eating when I am no longer hungry? Or will it be a constant battle to stay at that weight?

Will things fall in place because I am finally happy or will I still be lonely but lonely and skinny? Will I go out more and meet new ppl or will I continue to keep to myself and fear crowds?

Will Bones eat me because he now only weighs 15 pounds less than me?

What if my friends don’t wanna hang out with me anymore because I no longer want to sit around and snack and be lazy, I have already kinda noticed that but maybe its in my head?
Old 09-06-2011, 02:28 PM   #113
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SillyErin
Stats: 198/139/127
Start Date: 5/16/12
Hey you guys - I know its day 6 already, but can I join you guys for the rest of September??

Im a Stillmans veteran - ive literally been doing it for like 5 years! If im not trying to jump back on my beloved Stillmans, im in the middle of a binge cycle

I really need to get a hold of my determination - I used to be SO FOCUSED and strict. Just reading my old posts I was thinking "what happened to that girl?!"

At my lowest I was about 120 and a size 2

I was doing strictly meat, no eggs, no chicken and no AS or cheese, no additions...and the weight was pouring off. I was also running a lot.

Ive been in a funk the past year and ive jumped all around (mainly because of emotional eating) and im probably floating somewhere around 135.

So i'd love to get back to where I was, and join you all for the rest of September.
SillyErin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 03:10 PM   #114
Senior LCF Member

Hi gals!

Ems - way to go on being down AGAIN!! You are such an inspiration girl...without you, we wouldn't be on here doing this CRAZY challenge....without you, I wouldn't be uplifted by your motivational posts...you really provide a lot of hope & are a true testament! You don't just talk the talk, you walk it!! Now, today is the dreaded day 6 hump....how are you feeling?? You are gonna get past it!! I can see it in your writing....you will "never give up & never surrender!" Ha ha...loved that! And yes ma'am, a night out in Austin, shakin our skinny little tushes will be a blast & a half!! We will have earned it & then some! P.S....I have that same starbucks cup & I adore it!

Lizbob - you nailed it when you said you're happy about your integrity on this board....it makes a big difference doesn't it!?! Way to go on staying strong & getting those results!
Welcome to all the girls!

Mar - you ask a very VERY good question as it's such a fine line for a lot of us...we're either on a strict diet or out of control, and there's never much in between. I know I won't stick to Stillmans when I get to my goal weight, but I am going to eat low carb with a volumetrics theory...eating enough of the right foods to be full & satiated. And allow life's little events to dictate whether I have a little splurge or not. I feel like I keep to myself now because I'm ashamed of how I look...without the shame, I am more likely to join my friends out and about, or be open to meeting people. I have definitely learned that misery loves company & usually the friends that DON'T understand your choices are usually jealous because they can't get control over their own bad habits. We have to live our lives for ourselves & no one else.

Today has been a good day and I'm looking forward to being farther and farther into this challenge! I've had egg whites only today. Even though I stayed on atkins during my trip, I still feel like I'm starting over. I am so swollen & just feel kinda yucky physically. That will go away though, as dr stillman delivers! I tend to get swollen legs & ankles when I fly, and boy are they swollen! Ugh!! The amount of sodium that was in all the meat & chicken over the weekend didn't help either...it's the worst i've ever swelled up. Really downing the water today & hoping to flush it all out asap! Stay strong my friends!!

xoxo

Last edited by Aloha Linz; 09-06-2011 at 03:12 PM..
Old 09-06-2011, 03:24 PM   #115
Senior LCF Member

Erin- It seems we are a lot alike my dear I identify with much of what you've said. We are even the same height with very similar ultimate goals! I'm impressed you've done Stillman's this long, but I totally get having once been very strict and strong and focused, but now having a hard time returning to that same self-discipline; it's hard, isn't it!!

Please join us. This sounds like the perfect place for you; we are very encouraging but will be strict with you! I expect everything you've got, and I know you can really bring it (obviously- 120, size 2?! Wow.). I'm not moderate; I'm not reasonable; I'm not into losing weight in a "slow, balanced" manner lol, and it sounds like you are the same way. Be ready to fight with everything you've got, because we don't look back here. With each morning's posts, I try to keep everyone excited and looking forward. Don't be afraid of something "happening" to de-rail your efforts, because there are no mistakes or falling off the wagon now- every thing you put in your mouth is your choice, and apparently you are 100% committed to choosing sexy, thin, confident, active, excited, engaged and BEAUTIFUL again So, no wrong choices ladies!! Everything outside our S-Man plan is the wrong choice.

Mar:
To be honest, I haven't thought about what it will REALLY be like to get to that magic number (for me, 110). I've made it apart of my outlook, my everyday worldview, that it will happen and very soon, too (September 30!!!! WOOO). In my heart of hearts, I know that I will be the same girl with the same nasty food issues that I will constantly, for the rest of my life, discipline myself to control. I am not a "naturally thin" girl, not that I'm overweight or ever have been (highest was 152ish freshman year of college) but that is only because I have been constantly dieting and limiting or changing what I eat since I was about 12. When I am giving in to food, food is the most important thing in my world, but I know that is a sin. I am very gluttonous by nature, so I make a conscious effort to make God, my family and friends and my health more important and exciting to me than food. So no, I don't think any of us who lurk here will just be able to relax and be "normal" with food at the end of September without gaining any weight. From the second I see "110" reflected on the scale, I will fight tooth and nail to keep that number there. There will be a constant effort, though, but being skinny and feeling attractive for me feel SO MUCH BETTER than ANY food out there that I will fight for it forever.
As for your friends, if they don't want to hang out with the more confident, glamorous, sexy, alive, vibrant you, get new friends. Trust me: the friends worth having will still love you JUST the same but find they probably like you even more, because you will like yourself more.

In conclusion: You will get to 125. If you put forth the effort, you will get to 117. Things will be the same, but different.
Same: You will always have to work to maintain 125.
Different: You will probably be more fun, more social, make more friends, try more new things- all because you will simply enjoy life more, and joy is very attractive. However, I'm sure it is possible to be a skinny beautiful sourpuss, so it will ultimately be your choice to be happy; happiness involves contentment (a choice) and love for/from your family, friends and Jesus Christ. Thin is, however, fun as all get-out But thin is a material pleasure, just like money, and doesn't equal happiness.

Linz- Thank you for your sweet words; I know we need each other to do this so I am just so grateful you have stuck by me (I KNOW how hard it is to not change your mind about a diet plan!). As for day 6, it has been really great!!! Don’t know why… Kinda scary, actually lol. Really, though, when I just do tuna, sans caffeine, aspartame, and any food I really ENJOY like eggs or meat, I am not hungry at all. And, I’m such a scale-addict that it gives me such a high to know that I’m doing super-strict-Stillman’s because IT DELIVERS SO STINKIN’ WELL!!!

Sorry about the swelling, love! That must mess with your mojo, but isn’t it nice how Stillman’s simply squeezes the water right outta you?! Insane. Just wait for it, girl, it only takes about 48 hours.

Last edited by emalily; 09-06-2011 at 03:35 PM..
Old 09-06-2011, 04:41 PM   #116
Senior LCF Member

Thanks for the welcome, Em! When it comes to Stillmans, im all or nothing (which explains how I can fall off so easy) and pretty extreme. Im no holds, all the way, "balls to the wall". In fact, when I was posting a lot here back in 2010, I was always scared I was being a little too extreme for everyone else. But on the flip side, I was losing extrememly fast and never had any hold ups.

To me: the difference with making Stillmans stand out from every other diet, means doing it bare bones. Plain meat with absolutely no additions, no variety, no spices, no crystal light, no mustard. Just meat and water. I was amazed with the results when I figured this out, it was literally night and day.

You have to really, really, REALLY have your mind in the right place to do it everyday, it isnt easy. I was losing so fast that I'd have to jump off plan every 4 days or so, and start over again just to maintain where I was.
Old 09-06-2011, 05:30 PM   #117
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: taylorclaire
Stats: 283/190/135
WOE: atkins/ low carb/ stillmans
Start Date: 10/02/2010
hey guys i been reading your post and i would love to join in i done strict stillman before
today is 8 weeks from my 28th birthday so i would to start now until nov. 1st
the strictness is great because the weight falls off so fast

a little bio of me and weight history.. im 5'9 at my heaviest 3 years ago i weighted 283 i lost the first 85lbs doing atkins and then i lost 20lbs doing stillmans for 2 weeks my lowest weight was 176 about 11 months ago
so today i weight 190 and im ready to get to my ultimate goal weight. being slim just gives you so much confidence
GOALS
jogging 3-4 miles daily
to lose a pound or more a day( i know it can happen being strict stillman)
size 2/4 clothing
goal-150
ultimate goal weight 135
halloween- wear a sexy costume
november1st- white mini dress
birthday

Last edited by taylorclaire; 09-06-2011 at 05:54 PM..
taylorclaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 05:40 PM   #118
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: johnsa37
Stats: 155.4 (post-partum) /155.4/130
WOE: Low carb to drop the baby weight :)
Start Date: Dec. 1, 2014
What are some options for egg whites?? What do guys make with just the whites?
johnsa37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 08:36 PM   #119
Senior LCF Member

Em - what's so great about you, is that you say a lot of things we all feel but are afraid to say...everyone can relate to you! It's a wonderful thing day 6 is almost over! Yipppeeee!! Now to get past day 10 and you're home free!!

Erin - welcome girl! What kind of meat do you eat on Stillmans? And why no eggs? just curious I want the weight to POUR off of me too!

welcome taylorclaire! You can do it!!

Macc - with egg whites I eat them plain when hardboiled, but when I scramble them I usually put a little cinnamom, nutmeg or pumpkin pie spice in them....I used to do vanilla extract & a little stevia, but I'm reading on here a lot about avoiding additions, so I'm trying to cut out the necessary evils Cinnamon adds soooo much to it! Or if I want them savory I do any salt free seasoning...but I usually want egg whites sweet

So far so good today, feeling a little weak, but I guess that's expected with my day 1....ready to wake up lighter tomorrow. TOM is due any day and I swear my boobs have never been bigger...it's absurd! I look like I should be breastfeeding! I don't LIKE having big boobs...they're not perky & young. So at this stage it's just an annoyance really, and they make me look fat because my shirts don't fall flat against my body, so I look like an apple. TMI, i know... When I lose weight, my boobs lose weight too.....this can't happen soon enough!!
Old 09-06-2011, 08:47 PM   #120
Senior LCF Member

When I'd eat hardboiled eggs, Id feel really bloated the next day - like I was retaining water. I wondered if maybe I had an allergy or intolerance. I tried eliminating them for a couple weeks and my weight loss sped up, my appetite and cravings were better too. I may have a sensitivity to the hormones in chicken and eggs - chicken makes me SUPER bloated and I never lose weight eating chicken.

I always assumed it was a food allergy thing, so I just cut them out. Same with sucralose/aspartame, makes me very tired and super sugar cravings.

Thats why I go 100% plain meat. I wish I could bring myself to stomach raw meat (the thought is very bizare). Ive read some amazing blogs and posts on raw meat diets. One lady cured her polycystic ovarian syndrome by eating basically raw Stillmans.