Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2011, 11:24 AM   #61
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lizbob
Stats: 133.6/131.8/115
WOE: LFL
Start Date: 9/26 xmas challenge
Have you guys told everyone what you are doing? at first I got alot of comments about all protein being bad but now everyone just asks me exactly what I did so they could do it too!
Mar, when I tell anyone I'm dieting, they say "but you don't need to diet" (yeah--that's because I'm constantly dieting--I have to keep running to stay in place). I'm not even going to tell my husband. We're both trying to lose for this trip to the beach, but we're incorrigible "off-the-wagon-fallers".
Lizbob is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-02-2011, 12:04 PM   #62
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: emalily
Stats: 133/126.2/115; 5'6
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: September 1, 2011
Drippy Drippy I'm so Icky

Mar: I just eat it out of the pouch. Whenever I eat with others, I am guaranteed a couple of “Ew that’s disgusting” ‘s which annoyed me at first but you’re right, they soon start asking what you did so they can follow suit. I would LOVE mayo with tuna but for me, I do the tuna primarily because I don’t like it and I would never overeat it, and the mayo makes it taste great so I abstain.
As for telling other people what I’m doing, I don’t have anyone in person to tell. I tried to convince my mom to compete with me the whole month of September to see who could get to their goal (at 132 my goal is 110 and at 160ish her goal is 130; we are the same height) but she is a loyal Atkineer and tells me that all tuna is “unhealthy”. I just want to say, well I’d rather be an “unhealthy” (=energetic, lean, svelte, happy, confident) 110 than a “healthy” 160 who is getting enough fat and vegetables. I just can’t lose weight eating “as much as I want” of ANYTHING, so Atkins isn’t an option for me.
Mar, did you go from 175 to 144 with Stillmans? That’s incredible.

Liz- thanks for the compliment ☺ I’m pretty wry by nature and enjoy making fun of ridiculous things. I’ve been to White Rock to walk around it once (LONGEST WALK OF MY LIFE) and to bike around it another time, both times with my dad, but it’s quite a haul so I never go. And darling, you will NOT fall off this wagon. I want you to look supersexyawesome for your beach-trip, and your husband won’t believe his eyes when you don that bathing suite (I hope it’s a bikini! Sounds like you could rock it!) Hold on to this wagon for your life, babe, and we won’t let you fall even if you wanted to.

Just got back from a 3-mile walk in Hotter ‘n Hell Dallas so I’m gonna shower and try to read for class, though it’s hard to focus! I keep thinking about September 30th and a bright n shiny “110” flashing on that screen…

Oh, and looking at this girl keeps me going:
emalily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 12:28 PM   #63
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 195/195/175 5'3.5
WOE: stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011 Restart June 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by emalily View Post
Mar: I just eat it out of the pouch. Whenever I eat with others, I am guaranteed a couple of “Ew that’s disgusting” ‘s which annoyed me at first but you’re right, they soon start asking what you did so they can follow suit. I would LOVE mayo with tuna but for me, I do the tuna primarily because I don’t like it and I would never overeat it, and the mayo makes it taste great so I abstain.
As for telling other people what I’m doing, I don’t have anyone in person to tell. I tried to convince my mom to compete with me the whole month of September to see who could get to their goal (at 132 my goal is 110 and at 160ish her goal is 130; we are the same height) but she is a loyal Atkineer and tells me that all tuna is “unhealthy”. I just want to say, well I’d rather be an “unhealthy” (=energetic, lean, svelte, happy, confident) 110 than a “healthy” 160 who is getting enough fat and vegetables. I just can’t lose weight eating “as much as I want” of ANYTHING, so Atkins isn’t an option for me.
Mar, did you go from 175 to 144 with Stillmans? That’s incredible.

Yeah I did in about 2.5 months but I would lose 10 and then not be strict and stay at that weight for a big and so on, could have lost it faster but I still lost pretty quickly by "normal diet" standards

I have a few not allowed items like a bit of mayo in my tuna and a bit of cream in my coffee because I can't not have them and I occasionally have sugar free candy it doesn't make me cheat mostly because it hurts my tummy!
Mar922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 03:51 PM   #64
Senior LCF Member

Want to's

Why are you here?
Why do you want to lose weight?
How will being your ultimate goal weight make your life more pleasurable?
I want answers to these questions, ladies! I want to be 110 pounds because I would feel more attractive; I would be able to wear clothes I would never try to pull off now; I would feel confident around men; I would enjoy wearing a bathing suit; I would seek out opportunities to meet people, instead of dreading them; I would enjoy waking up in the morning; I would enjoy taking off my clothes just to get in the shower; I would be proud of my will-power; I would just like being me.

What are three things you want to do when you reach your goal weight, things that you are holding back from now "until I lose weight"? Me:
1. Buying and wearing a bikini (never done this. always wanted to.)
2. Cutting my hair into a short bob. with bangs.
3. Wearing any dress that has a cinched waist (I have none. No waist, I mean..)

You?
Old 09-02-2011, 04:38 PM   #65
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: krisi
I want to lose weight because.....

I want to enjoy date night! I want to go out and not compare myself to the skinny girl next to me.... I want to try on clothes without sweating in the dressing room! To sum it up when I'm skinny I'm the true me!
krisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 05:48 PM   #66
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Kiley2801
Why I personally want to lose weight:

1. Vanity. I want to wear ALL the clothes in my closet, and be able to shop in most stores and pick out anything I want -- ALL in single digits!

2. Physical Health. Obesity runs on my mom's side of the family, and I want to defy the odds. It's scary though. My mom was a dang RAIL when she was younger, but after she had me (at 39) she kept gaining and gaining....

3. Mental Health. I'm tired of being unhappy with myself. I'm tired of always trying to conjure up the next great diet plan. I just want to lose weight and be DONE with it. Plus, I remember how great I felt the last time I stayed on a plan a achieved a goal, and I want to feel that good about myself again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
Have you guys told everyone what you are doing? at first I got alot of comments about all protein being bad but now everyone just asks me exactly what I did so they could do it too!

I feel like i'm stating from scratch even though I've done this before, I onlt started to Maintain in March or April so its not like its been a long time either
Not yet! And I'll try to keep it on the DL as long as I can, because I KNOW I'll get negative judgment.

The worst judgement I get is from my girlfriend who has her RD. But the rub is that the woman has the WORST diet. She used to live on pizza and french fries and plain white pasta. She eats a little better now, but not much.
Kiley2801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 08:10 PM   #67
Senior LCF Member

I'm feeling really low tonight. Nighttime is the hardest; don't know why. To be honest, losing only 0.2 this morning was quite depressing. Maybe I was pressing my luck going back and forth, stuffing myself with everything in sight and then going on straight tuna the next day; perhaps I've permanently trained my body to not respond as much to dietary change. This simply means I have to force it.

I walked 10 miles today. I drank over a gallon of water. There must be an easier way to do this. Sometimes I just wish I could let myself go and not care, simply living my life enjoying food, but I know that I would be absolutely miserable. I really do enjoy being skinny more than food, truly. The problem right now is getting to where I am skinny and can enjoy that instead of food. Because right now, I'm not giving in to enjoying food, I'm exercising like mad, drinking (water) like a fish, eating straight tuna from the can, and yet I don't feel comfortable wearing any of my pretty clothes.

I've been wearing an unwashed, sweated-in T-shirt and running shorts today, just like every day for the past week, because I feel gross. This is so depressing. I'm sorry, girls; I'm not trying to garner responses, honestly I just need to word-vomit so I don't have to hold it in. So just read and empathize, loves.

It's 9:45pm; I can't eat anything delightful; I feel disgustingly over-hydrated and don't want to be up peeing all night so I can't just drink more; I haven't even showered today, and I walked 5 miles this morning, 3 at noon in the blazing sun, and 3 before dinner, trying to hypothetically burn off each tuna pack I've eaten, so that I have a horrid sunburn and heat rash, and I know I'm going to feel compelled to walk again in the morning.

I can't get myself to face 30 Day Shred because it's truly painful and scary; I walk compulsively (today at least) because I wish I could just make days go by faster but since I'm not a Time Lord I just have to watch Day 2 (ONLY 2!!!! ) go by creakingly slowly. I guess with exercise I feel like I'm synthetically accelerating the process, even though in the past when I've succeeded in losing weight I never exercised, but simply ate minute portions.

If I get on the scale tomorrow morning and it reads 132 still or something like 131.8, I will seriously cry. Not quit, cry. I will never quit. I have ****ed around too long with supposedly wanting to weigh 110 pounds but gorging on crap every 6 days or whenever the sugar-shakes got me.

I spent from ages 17 to 20 trying every diet under the sun, but never losing weight except through a few weeks of starvation; I spent the last year going from 138 to 115 in a very unstable, up-down-up-down-up fashion, drooling over my body one minute and gorging/self-loathing the next.

This is why I'M here. I'm so tired. This is it; this is the end of the line. I am marrying the Good Doctor Stillman and it is "Till Death Do Us Part". The only thing that is going to die in the next 30 days is the extra fat on my abdomen, because I'm sure as Hell not losing this fight. I know, from all my past horrible and unsuccessful dieting attempts, that straight protein and very little of it is the only way my body lets go of weight, and so this is it.

I will be here until that effing scale reads "110", no decimals allowed. I will be here until I pass out from struggling and someone has to pry the Doctor's book from my clutches. There is no room for doubt, fear, failure. There IS no try. There is only do, fight, win. I am worn out with the wanting; I want it so bad.

If I see "132" tomorrow, I will be back here to yell and call down curses on my dastardly sluggish metabolism, but I will not EVER be here to report losing control, going off plan or giving up. Even if I lose 0.1 pound A WEEK that simply means I expect you to read my posts every day until December of 2035 to congratulate me on reaching goal.

My jolly disposition comes naturally. I take no drugs.

Last edited by emalily; 09-02-2011 at 08:19 PM..
Old 09-02-2011, 08:38 PM   #68
Junior LCF Member

Confession

I feel like crying it's Friday night and all I want to do is eat.... I want to deep dive in a bowl of queso from on the border...I feel like I cant do this it's only day two.... I use to suffer from exercise bulimia and bulimia and all I want to do is binge on food pop 6 laxatives and workout for 2 hours..... Just so I can eat what I want.... I went from 220 to 163 in month in and half due to me not eating, binging, and working out excessively....I'll be honest I miss those days.

Last edited by krisi; 09-02-2011 at 08:40 PM..
Old 09-02-2011, 08:52 PM   #69
Senior LCF Member

Krisi. I'm here for you. I know exactly how strong the pull of food and binging is, and I want you to take a deep breath and turn your thinking away from the "now" and towards tomorrow morning. How great will you feel when you wake up after having 2 successful days? You will feel marvelous. Try to do something entertaining, like seeing a movie with friends, or go to bed early and just sleep it off. I know it's horrible. We will be at day 10 before we know it if we maintain self-control, and then day 20, and then 30, and we will be so proud of ourselves. I am so proud of you for making it 2 whole days, and I have full confidence that if you really want to lose weight, you can give it your all tonight, smack down the cravings, do something else pleasurable (besides eat junk) and wake up tomorrow feeling like you've won your first big battle. Are you really hungry? Then by all means grab some chicken or a hardboiled egg; got any diet coke? I know you can do this. Do me proud tonight and I will gladly listen to you brag tomorrow morning on your loss
Old 09-02-2011, 09:03 PM   #70
Junior LCF Member

Girl.... I'm just counting down 1 more hour and then day 3 I can do this my boyfriend and I went to sonic I didn't get anything it was tough....I wish he understood.... I keep looking at the clock at my old pictures how I used to be.... I honestly can't wait till tomorrow so I can at least have some eggs.... I wish I can post how I look on here .... But I have an iPad and you'll see why I'm so depressed.
Old 09-02-2011, 09:04 PM   #71
Junior LCF Member

Tick....tock....tick....tock.....
Old 09-02-2011, 09:16 PM   #72
Senior LCF Member

Krisi- I knew you could do it; you are so strong!! Way to go love. I want you to keep re-reading the words you wrote earlier:
"I want to enjoy date night! I want to go out and not compare myself to the skinny girl next to me.... I want to try on clothes without sweating in the dressing room! To sum it up when I'm skinny I'm the true me!"
You CAN get back to being the true you, the skinny you. I wish we could do this instantaneously, but the truth is you are doing it right now, every single minute. Every minute you keep persevering is getting you there. Just keep taking 1 step forward at a time. The only way you won't get there is by giving up tonight.
Besides the main reward of being skinny again, what will you do for yourself when you follow through and finish these 30 days? Are you going to buy some hot shoes, or a dress, or some skinny jeans, or have your man take you (in your LITTLE black dress) to a fabulously overpriced restaurant, or get an hour-long massage, or wear a polka-dot bikini to the pool, or get a haircut and manicure, or redecorate your place? I want to know what enticing reward you are planning for being so good to yourself!
Old 09-02-2011, 09:27 PM   #73
Junior LCF Member

My reward is to wear all my 5/6 jeans and clothes again....to go to the club and dance the night away and not feel self conscious ..... To order A meal eat thalf of it and not feel guilty.

Last edited by krisi; 09-02-2011 at 09:58 PM..
Old 09-03-2011, 01:32 AM   #74
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
I know it's wrong to think this because of the way you lost the weight---but OMG---60lbs in 6 weeks????????!!!! Wow!!!!!! That's incredible!!!!!
Getting there!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 08:16 AM   #75
Senior LCF Member

Day 3: 130.0

Good morning!!! Yes, that sexy picture means that I hopped on the scale this morning and saw yesterday's 132.0 transform into a lovely and beautiful 130.0!!!! That's how much I used to lose by not eating anything at all!!! So, sorry last night's post was such a downer, but this morning made up for it.

Got up at 7 and hit the road at 7:20, walking till 9:50 (that's 2 1/2 hours my friends!) because I am just so much more motivated now. Though, what with my new sunburn, I don't think I will do what I did yesterday and walk an hour at noon or at 5; it's just too dang bright and hot outside!!! Gotta love North Texas.

I was walkin' along yesterday, trying to burn off all my tuna, when Reliant K's "Pressing On" comes on my iPod, and it just made me smile. It embodies everything I'm here for, everything I'm trying to do, and just really boosted my morale. It goes, "To go back to where I was would just be wrong, I'm pressing on, pressing on, all my distress is going going gone; And I won't sit back, and take this anymore cause I'm done with that, I've got one foot out the door..." Go on iTunes and listen to it!

My lil' card of the day reads:
September 3: 28 Days
Hold on when others would let go.

3 mile walk
Bible Reading
Eat only tuna
Drink only water
Love these cards! I keep them on a ring and when I'm done with a day, I put stickers after each thing I completed (walking, tuna etc) and write my daily weight between the motivational saying and the checklist, and tear the card off the ring to tape in my journal (in which is a lot of stuff I write myself to keep my head in the game).

Today, I'm thinking about how I can't wait to see the 120's!!!! Hopefully, tomorrow I will lose more than 0.1 pounds haha. If I don't, well than at least I know I gave it my all today and there was nothing more I could have done; it's just up to my body and God at this point, and I've rather abused my bod for the past couple of years so I would be tired of changing for me too if I was it...

Anyway, I'm going to go celebrate my 2 pound loss and 7 mile walk with.... tuna and water for breakfast!!! And some supplements, including Natural Calm Plus (magnesium/calcium/Vitamin C powder; sour as hell).

Bye bye lovely losers!
Old 09-03-2011, 09:05 AM   #76
Junior LCF Member

6 weeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
I know it's wrong to think this because of the way you lost the weight---but OMG---60lbs in 6 weeks????????!!!! Wow!!!!!! That's incredible!!!!!
@ getting there yeah it was my full time job was losing weight I worked out non stop.... And if I had the time I would do it all over again.... It was not healthy but I got the results I wanted.

Last edited by krisi; 09-03-2011 at 09:39 AM..
Old 09-03-2011, 09:24 AM   #77
Junior LCF Member

Day 3 : 211.0

I lost 4.4 pounds since yesterday.... To be honest I'm complacent about my lost.... I'm tired of being in the 2's I can't wait to get in the 1's.... Then I'll know I'm closer to my goal.... But I'm going to keep going I need to start exercising but being in this Texas heat sucks... I don't even want to run errands.
Old 09-03-2011, 09:29 AM   #78
Senior LCF Member

Yay Krisi!!!!! My hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisi View Post
I lost 4.4 pounds since yesterday.... To be honest I'm complacent about my lost.... I'm tired of being in the 2's I can't wait to get in the 1's.... Then I'll know I'm closer to my goal.... But I'm going to keep going I need to start exercising but being in this Texas heat sucks... I don't even want to run errands.
Krisi, you are amazing!!!
4.4 pounds in 24 hours; that is truly inspiring. I WISH I could lose that much. You will be in the 1's before you know it; try to enjoy the "loss" number and not concentrate on your weight, because if you really just look at losing 4.4 pounds, that means you're gonna lose like 120 pounds this month (okay so you probably won't lose 4 pounds every day, but really!). I am so proud of you; get excited over yourself; 211 is so much less than 215, and we applaud you Just think forward to when you get to log on in the next few mornings and tell us that you weigh 199 pounds!!! It is going to be so exciting
Old 09-03-2011, 10:31 AM   #79
Junior LCF Member

Well I just came back from my walk....my goal was 2 miles today .....I had .85 miles left when my stupid Nike iPod died.... So I don't know how much I walked....so I'm just going to say I walked 1.25 miles even though it was more.... I love working out on an empty stomach.

Last edited by krisi; 09-03-2011 at 10:33 AM..
Old 09-03-2011, 10:47 AM   #80
Junior LCF Member

Feeling a little better....

Quote:
Originally Posted by emalily View Post
Krisi, you are amazing!!!
4.4 pounds in 24 hours; that is truly inspiring. I WISH I could lose that much. You will be in the 1's before you know it; try to enjoy the "loss" number and not concentrate on your weight, because if you really just look at losing 4.4 pounds, that means you're gonna lose like 120 pounds this month (okay so you probably won't lose 4 pounds every day, but really!). I am so proud of you; get excited over yourself; 211 is so much less than 215, and we applaud you Just think forward to when you get to log on in the next few mornings and tell us that you weigh 199 pounds!!! It is going to be so exciting
thanks girl you are so supportative .... I can not wait to get to 199.... Knowing I'm at least 48 pounds away from my smallest Of 163 makes me feel pretty good that I am at 211 and not at 218.
Old 09-03-2011, 11:06 AM   #81
Junior LCF Member

Prayer of dieting

Excerpted from The Dieter's Prayer Book. Copyright 2000 by Heather Harpham Kopp. Used by permission of WaterBrook Press, Colorado Springs, CO. All rights reserved.

Dear God,

I admit that I have come to both love
and hate the word "diet."
On the one hand, it represents hope for change.
On the other hand, it's like a sign flashing "Failure ahead!"
I don't want to simply embark on another faulty plan, Lord.
I want to embark on a journey with You
that is led by You and depends on Your power.
I can do nothing on my own!
Show me the right path that will enable me to change.
Show me, as only You, who knows me so intimately, can
what works for me, what is healthy for me.
I want to think of this venture in positive terms, Lord--
not that I am signing up to be miserable or in want.
I want to learn to redirect my thinking, to feed my body
what it truly needs when it truly needs it.
And to feed my soul with the Bread of Life--You!
Today I place my future, my failures, my setbacks,
all of my hopes and plans into Your hands.
There alone will I find meaning
and true success in my life.

Amen.
Old 09-03-2011, 12:10 PM   #82
Senior LCF Member

Love the prayer, Krisi!

I just went to Target with my dad and bought several cans of Starkist "Very Low Sodium" Albacore White Tuna; calories around 160 per 4.5 oz can, no carbs, a gram of fat or so, and only 70 mg sodium for the whole can. This is lovely because all my millions of tuna packs are high in sodium and I just psychologically need to see a big loss again tomorrow after this morning, and figure cutting the sodium would at least cause water loss. Wow- this tuna has ZERO flavor. The regular (high sodium) packs of Albacore white actually taste really good because they have some fat and then all that salt, but this stuff is completely bland. I'll be interested to see what a can of that for lunch and then again for dinner today does for me on the scale tomorrow.

20 pounds; 28 days to go. I wish I could time-travel. I need to lose at least 0.71 pounds per day at this point to make it to 110 by October 1. So, Lord please grant me another 2 pound loss tomorrow; that would truly be a dream come true.
Old 09-03-2011, 03:50 PM   #83
Senior LCF Member

While out running errands, I truly felt like the world was going to end. You know that feeling, when you're dieting and really hungry and it's been a few days? That feeling of impending doom. At least I wasn't shaky like I get when I have diet coke (caffeine + aspartame). I was super hungry but able to wait until 5pm (my allowed dinner time) to eat a 6.4 oz packet of Walmart brand Chunk Light Tuna (180 calories). Perhaps the very small can of sodium-free tuna at lunch was a poor choice; I usually am not hungry doing straight Stillman's. Oh well; I made it through all three meals of tuna today without a glitch. I DID buy and greedily consume a Hansen's Diet Tangerine-Lime soda from Sprouts farmer's market (my FAV grocery store). It has no calories, carbs, sugar or sodium, and the sweetener is sucralose (Splenda). I am wary of aspartame, and Atkins recommends sucralose and then saccharin as the next best choice. I also *cough* bought a 6-pack of Hansen's diet pomegranate soda; I really miss my diet soda!!!! Hopefully Hansen's has zero effect on my loss for tomorrow, because it is just such a blessed respite from water/tuna/water/tuna repeat lol. I also have been drinking several large mugs of black tea daily, sweetened with stevia, and since I lost 2 pounds yesterday I feel confident stevia is okay and won't mess me up.

I'm going to go browse through my dog-eared copy of Atkin's New Diet Revolution; I'm considering eating an Atkin's Induction-style diet for maintenance after this 30 days (God-willing I make it to 110 by October 1 and can truly declare peace with my body for the first time ever). This whole 600-calories of tuna per day thing, paired with tons of water, is so extreme that I'm worried I'll never be able to eat a normal, satisfying amount of healthy food without gaining weight, as if I'm messing up my metabolism and training it to only require minute bits of food; however, since so many people have apparently found an Atkins Induction wildly successful for weight loss, it should at least allow me to maintain, right? A magic dream, perhaps... I just want to know that someday I get to eat normal amounts of delicious food, you know? Although right now I definitely am in the mode that thin is more gratifying than food.

Peace.
Old 09-03-2011, 05:00 PM   #84
Senior LCF Member

Only have Droid on wknds. Reading all posts just can't write much. Im doing well. Lost half lb. Did callanetix n aerobics. Startimg to shape up nicely. Dying to get out of 130's
Eating of salmon & cttage cheese. Back atchall later!
Old 09-03-2011, 06:08 PM   #85
Senior LCF Member

I was really hungry tonight. I don't think I'll try to be ridiculous with that 4 oz can of sodium-free tuna for an entire lunch again. After dinner I definitely ate 2 hardboiled eggs and then some brisket that I forked the fat off of, so it wasn't really fatty but it definitely wasn't super lean. This is serious for me though, this pursuit of 110 pounds, so usually I would progress from the eggs to the beef to random crap in general because, no lie, it feels so good to give in to eating food with fat and calories (I eat so few calories on Stillman's) that I momentarily don't give a fish about my long-term 30 day goal and just want to eat eat eat until I'm stuffed. But no. I looked down at the sharpie-written "110" on my hand and remembered just in time how much I truly long for this, and stopped eating beef while I was still comfortable and just not hungry anymore. Tomorrow I will eat 3 packs of Albacore White Tuna (B, L, D); hoping to walk several miles early tomorrow morning and weigh myself [I]afterwards[I]...
Old 09-03-2011, 06:41 PM   #86
Junior LCF Member

Carbicide

I comitted carbicide my boyfriend begged me to eat told me it makes him upset when I dont I had BBQ brisket with all the fix ins :: sighs :: this isn't healthy but I feel comfortable to be honest here I'm going to pop laxatives I just want it out if me.
Old 09-04-2011, 07:08 AM   #87
Senior LCF Member

Day 4: 128.8

Good morning!!! Well, it's the beginning of Day 4 of my 30-day escapade, and apparently my body didn't mind the rather large amount of fat in last night's brisket and hardboiled eggs, because I saw a 1.2 drop on the scale this morning!!! Woooo! So excited.

Now I have 18.8 pounds to lose in 27 days, which means I need to lose at least 0.7 pounds a day, and I will make it happen; it's all up to me. In the past I have fallen prey to worrying that my goal won't appear in the time limit I set, as if I had no control over losing weight, and then if I thought I wouldn't lose quite the whole thing in time, I would give up and start gaining instead of losing. This is bull. Now I've come far enough, been through enough losing and gaining, that I know:

A. It is totally up to me and I can lose a lot of weight in a little time if I choose to work hard and put my nose to the grinder. I don't have to guess. I just have to put in effort. This is the most brainless, simple, easy diet ever, and I got perfect scores on my SAT so I KNOW stupidity can't be my excuse . No reason I might accidentally eat something with carbs; no room for not planning a good menu. Tuna for breakfast, tuna for lunch, tuna for dinner, take a 3 mile walk, drink a gallon of water = lose 2 pounds! What's not to love?! Hungry? Eat tuna!
B. Even if I only lose 15 pounds this month, making it to 113.8, or 10 pounds, making it to 118.8, I would still have managed to pull myself out of the pit I've been wallowing in for the past 2 months, because 118 is a happy and reasonable "not-perfect-but-not-gross" number for me, and 113 is a number I've never achieved before. Basically, if my body really reacts slowly to the rest of this month, I will still be skinnier than when I started, and that's a beautiful thing.
C. The only way I won't lose weight this month is by choosing to not do what I [B]know[B] from past experience works. The only way 110 won't happen by October 1 is me consciously choosing the fleeting and short-term pleasure of food (accompanied by guilt, shame, remorse and extra weight) OVER what I know I want more than anything in the world, and that's just NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!

My card for the day reads:
September 4: 27 Days
Not because it's easy, but because it's worth it.

3 mile walk
Bible reading
Eat only tuna
drink 80 oz water

(My card actually reads "drink only water" but I bought Hansen's Diet Pomegranate Soda from Sprouts last night and I may need it... If I drink the 80 oz I can have diet soda too, right? Right.)

Just got back from my 3-mile walk; it's nice, cool and breezy here in Dallas!! Yay for September weather; autumn's a comin'! I've already drunk 24 oz water with 2 Tbsp Natural Calm Plus (Calcium/Magnesium/Vitamin C powder, no sweetener or filler) dissolved in it; tastes narsty! While choking down my Natural Calm water I managed to swallow some pills: biotin, CoQ10, L-glutamine, L-carnitine (both recommended by Atkins), HTP, calcium, chromium, and a "Perfect Weight" Vitamin Code multi. Hopefully I'm not doing this in vain; I really LOATHE swallowing pills, especially with cal-mag water that tastes like fermented urine.

I'm in the process of eating my first tuna of the day:

6.4 oz packet Market Pantry Chunk White Tuna
(Ingredients: white tuna, water, vegetable broth, salt, pyrophosphate- huh?) [210 cal, 4.5 g fat, 720 g sodium, 3 g carbs (damn you vegetable broth!), 42 g protein]

I'm headed off to shower for church with my family, and then go to work from 3-11 (at least I don't have to get up early for school tomorrow- long live Labor Day!!)

See ya thinner
Old 09-04-2011, 07:22 AM   #88
Senior LCF Member

130.6 this am. Had chickenbreast for bkfst. Off to gym for body pump class. Love your positive messages. Sorry can't write more but sending positive supportive brain waves!!
Old 09-04-2011, 09:59 AM   #89
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ontopofmygame
May I join your board? I gained 12 lbs since March. I love the totally stick to the real plan theme here! No deviations! I am at 159.6 today (down 1 lb from yesterday) and my goal is 140. I am a tab below 5'9. So I would like to lose 19 lbs before October. I lost my weight on Stillmans prior to March. I am totally devoted. May I chime in now and then?
ontopofmygame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 11:05 AM   #90
Senior LCF Member

Anything- Yes we would love to have you; glad you get that we're all about intensity here I'll just give fair warning; I don't want this board to be one of those where every other post is how someone chose to eat something off plan. So, be prepared to put your nose to the grinder and only give it everything you have, so that every morning you have the delight of sharing your loss with us!!

We have basically the same amount of weight to lose (you 19.6, me 18.8) in 27 days, and we know it's possible with Stillman's QWL, so I will be cheering you on!! Let's make it a race to the finish line Although, since I am shorter than you, you just may win!