Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2011, 05:38 AM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Macc0021
Stats: Pregnant - trying to keep gains at a minimum! :)
WOE: wheat allergy + low carb + pregnant!
Start Date: Every day!
I buy the Starkist Low Sodium Chunk Light Tuna. It's important to watch the salt so you don't retain water The ingredients are listed as.... light tuna, water, vegetable broth. Seems pretty decent to me as far as low preservatives and salt.

I also will be eating steamed chicken breasts, shrimp, fish, etc. I cannot do ONLY tuna... too boring for me. Also, I don't LOVE tuna. I found a fish scale in my tuna a couple days ago... we will see if I can stomach it today!!
Macc0021 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-01-2011, 06:18 AM   #32
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Hi peeps!!! Went looking for the September thread and saw you guys!!!! Welcome!! Wow are ye dedicated-2 pages already!!! Looove the before pics too--lots of pple would be happy if they were their after pics!!! But I totally get how you want to go lower!! Please join us on the other September thread too-there's always great support there!!!
And Emaily--eat something else other than canned tuna--it will drive you craaazy-believe me!!!!!!!
Getting there!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 06:26 AM   #33
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: emalily
Stats: 133/126.2/115; 5'6
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: September 1, 2011
Getting there-
So glad you commented; I friend requested you a couple of days ago after noticing your stats- we are the same height and I instantly developed a girl-crush after seeing you got to 116 and are aiming for 105 lol.
And, as for the tuna, I just use it because it is the only thing that comes in those foil pouches- no can opener or refrigeration required. They're just super easy.
I did join yall on the September thread; I'm not trying to usurp it; when I made this thread I didn't notice how there was an established thread for each month, so I'm going to definitely keep in touch there but also use this because I don't want to take up so much space in the September thread with my gigantic posts and pictures haha.

Em
emalily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 06:59 AM   #34
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Kiley2801
Ok Day 1 -- woot woot!

Thanks again emalily for starting this. Your words and your enthusiasm are wonderfully motivational!!!

Ohhh dang, I did not weigh today. My scale is broken and I need a new one. Don't kick me off the challenge..Plllleasssse??? That being said, I've always been somebody who has "weighed" heaver than others and relies more on measurements and how my clothes fit. I can tell you that, as of this morning, I'm back into wearing size 12s. **heavy, sad sigh** I'd "guess-timate" I'm around 170. BLARGHHHH.

I started off with scrambled eggs for breakfast. I am drinking coffee with Splenda and just a DROP of cream (will cut that out -- it's kind of a transition device for now). For lunch I grilled some chix breast on the Foreman and will have those. Dinner is grilled whitefish from Trader Joes.

I have tuna for snacking if I get hungry. Which I probably will at first. And lots of water!!

Exercise I am playing by ear. I will do some walking at the very least, and then see how I feel from there. I own approximately 1 billion exercise videos, so I have options. LOL! Plus, a gym membership.

I am a vitamin girl and am supplementing with a bunch of stuff, including a multi, Vitamin D, COQ10, Biotin, Fish Oil--and a Greens Supplement from Trader Joes. OH and I also bought these packets of Sugar-Free Emergen-C that have a bunch of electrolytes that I'll probably need for an energy boost at some point.

You girls who posted your pix already look good. Imagine how CRAZY insanely awesome you are going to look in a month!!! Seriously though, your "befores" are inspiration to this gal.

Aloha Linz, I feel ya. It is scary how much we can do to hurt ourselves in a short period of time. But may I just say that at I would KILL for your body at 148. I would have pegged at like 125! Dang!!! You look incredible!! And you will be back there soon.

I'm not brave enough to post any current pix, but my goal is for my body to look how I looked here: I am the one on the end with the dark curly hair.

This was about 5 years ago. And I was in the low 140s, and a size 6. Yep. I think I even still have the pants I was wearing that night. When I can fit into those again, I know I'm there!!!

Quote:
Btw, how old are you guys? I'm 33....live in orange county, ca....single, live alone with my dog btw, I hate living alone. Too much freedom for me to eat whatever & whenever I want. Living alone this past year is part of the equation of my 30lb gain.
I KNOW. Living alone is nice on one hand (especially after living with a jerky boyfriend for many years--ugh) but it has its own set of challenges!! Ya know, I "blamed" some of my weight gain on this new-ish relationship I"m in, but truth be told, I'm eating just as much, if not MORE when I'm here by myself during the week.

I turned 38 in May-- yikes, did I just say that??? I don't FEEL 38. But yep, it is what it is!! I live with my very sweet and beautiful dog Kiley (hence the user name) and my cat Duke -- pictured in my avi. I live right out side of Washington DC in Virginia. I love it here.

Last edited by Kiley2801; 09-01-2011 at 07:14 AM..
Kiley2801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 07:28 AM   #35
Senior LCF Member

I started the morning with coffee, water, and 2 hb eggs. Tuna packet for lunch! Then probably chicken breast and steamed shrimp for dinner. I am shooting for at least 100 oz. of water! I haven't been drinking enough lately.
Old 09-01-2011, 09:21 AM   #36
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Aloha Linz
Stats: 168/161/130 - 5'8"
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 9/5/2011
Happy START day girls!! And happy Sexy September!!

Em - your BM comment cracked me up! I totally get that & understand the bittersweet feeling you must've had this morning as you said goodbye to the last healthy BM for a month. Sniff sniff! Get ready for little bits here & there! I envy those that stay regular on stillmans!

Can I just say, you are just so beautiful....what a great face you have! Your bod is already rockin', I can't wait to see it in 30 days! So how was that tuna?! And again? And again? lol Do what you gotta do girl! Convenience is sometimes bliss on this program! WTG on gettin your walk in already too! I'm cheering you on sista!! Btw, you have the BEST eyebrows! What do you do to get them lookin' like that??

Kiley - wooo hooo girl! You are a stunner! Look how gorg you are!! You remind me of an actress & I can't think of her name....do people tell you you look like someone famous? You've got a great plan lined up for yourself. Don't you just LOVE Trader Joes??? I live in walking distance from one....and a Target. Don't get me started on that....it's trouble!!! What whitefish do you get at TJ's? LOVE LOVE LOVE Emergen-C! I might join you on doing that sugar free one. I take the regular one daily but am omitting that...now I don't have to with the sf! Thanks!

Thanks also for your sweet compliments. At 148 I was around 16 or 17% bf...I'd like to be below 15, like 13-15%. With Stillmans though, I realize I may lose some of my muscle mass, and I'm actually ok with that. It's hard for me to stay really lean & look good with a bunch of muscle underneath....so I'd rather have a little less muscle, and be able to fit in my clothes, even if I gain a few lbs. Sexy & sleek! Hope that makes sense...I don't understand my own writing sometimes

Did you have a jerky boyfriend too?!?! The living alone thing is such a slippery slope for me!! You're so right, it's nice sometimes...A LOT of the time (and emily knows those reasons for sure!), but when I'm not in control, all hell breaks loose & I eat enough to feed a small village, because I can, and no one is there to stop me or look at me like "are you kidding me?!". And because I haven't learned to stop myself during those moments yet, that is why I despise being alone at home. The furry friends definitely help though! I couldn't imagine life without my dog!

Mac - atta girl, good job!! How do you steam your shrimp? do you have a steamer or do you you use another method? I've never been a big steamer, but always wanted to know how...

Today has been so good so far...I feel in control, and that right there is the one feeling in the world that will make or break me. I leave for Austin tomorrow, so I'm doing protein shakes today (just protein powder & water), then tomorrow I might do some eggs for breakfast before I leave, then protein shakes all day again. I don't arrive til 6pm, so I figure I can stay on plan pretty much all day today & tomorrow. Then I plan to do Atkins-ish Saturday & Sunday while with the girls. I'm gonna talk to them about my struggles too...I know they get it....and that will help a lot too, knowing they're in my corner. I leave early monday morning so I will do protein shakes Monday while I'm traveling until I get home, and some chicken or fish when I get home. That is my PLAN, and I'm stickin to it!

xoxoxoxo

Last edited by Aloha Linz; 09-01-2011 at 09:47 AM..
Aloha Linz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 09:51 AM   #37
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloha Linz View Post
Mac - atta girl, good job!! How do you steam your shrimp? do you have a steamer or do you you use another method? I've never been a big steamer, but always wanted to know how...
Yep... I have a food steamer. Got one at a recent bridal shower. It's great for Stills because you don't have to use oil/butter/spray to cook!!! Normally I would saute the shrimp in a skillet with olive oil, butter, or coconut oil
Old 09-01-2011, 10:09 AM   #38
Senior LCF Member

Kiley-
Yes I think I might have to kick you out for not weighing. NOT Size as opposed to weight works for a lot of people; I am just a scale-***** so I have to see a number to be happy. Don’t be discouraged by those 12s; around freshman year at Baylor University (’08) I was wearing size 12 jeans and my fam and friends would never have called me fat or unattractive; I just knew it was too big for me (at 5’6 and 150ish I was the same as you at 5’8 and 170). I totally get you.
Oh, and your picture? You are so lovely; you will be back there so soon no one will notice you’d ever left  You truly look younger than you are. So take heart woman! I’m jealous you have a boyfriend to notice your weight loss. I just have my roommate, who happens to be supermodel-skinny grr.
Macc- Love the menu so far! Keep up the intensity girl. Are you still at 132? That means you only have 12 pounds to lose!!
Linz- you make me laugh! I’m sitting in the nursing school computer lab and just basically snorted out loud. Thanks for the compliments; you make me feel better about myself even at this stage in the game . And the tuna: super fabulous, and about to happen again for lunch at noon (I allow myself to eat a tuna pack at 7, another at 12, and the last at 5). I really appreciate your encouragement; you know how hard these first few days are every time, but this time WILL be our last first few days; from now on, we will always be out of sight of this slow and uncomfortable beginning and within sight of actually completing a whole THIRTY days of self-control, discipline and unimaginable weight loss, as opposed to experiencing the “first few days” of hell every week or so like I know we all have been recently trying to simply recover from a binge. The hardest part is right now, because we are abstaining from all the delicious food we’ve been giving ourselves over to for the past weeks and months, but we don’t yet have the bodies to enjoy in place of that food-pleasure. Once I get far along in weight loss like when I spent this last semester at 115-120, it was no big deal to eat only 500 cals of tuna a day because I had this rockin’ bod to enjoy all the time, getting dressed up every day and flirting with guys and just having a good time around people. Right now I don’t even want to be around people, and I don’t even like showering in the morning because I have to get naked with myself. So now our first challenge is to bridge the gap between this food deprivation and the enjoyment of being skinny, and that is why we are here with each other; it would be 500x harder alone.
I hear you on the “sleek & sexy”: I would rather just be super slender and tiny than have much muscle, so actually in my most successful weight-loss runs in the past year I did zero exercise; exercise has never seemed to influence weight loss for me; strange.
You mentioned Trader Joes- I am so jealous of you people that have those; we don’t here in Tejas  Someday I will get to experience one; I am in LOVE with grocery shopping, obsessed with Sprouts and Central Market.
Oh, and I may just have to move in with you and Kiley, Linz, if it means I can be there when you need me to look at you like “are you kidding me?!” lol. Seriously. You are going to stick with me because you promised, and you never break a promise my dears!!! It’s do or die here, and all 4 (I think there’s 4 on here) are coming out alive, albeit much much much littler
I know when you’re all alone in the house it IS hard because now that I’m in a house with a pantry and TWO fridges/freezers with food for a 6 person family, it has been horrible for me trying to study at home all day, so maybe try what I did and just bite the bullet and get rid of everything that is NOT Stillman approved (give it to a friend so you don’t have to throw it away?) or go out to Starbs or another place where there IS a social expectation that you not compulsively consume enough for a small village. I don’t know; I just wish I could be right there to help/stop/smack you!!
Linz, I have complete faith you can make it in Austin, even if it is more Atkins than Stillman; the feeling of self-control is what matters. As long as you choose something because it’s reasonable and smart for you, and not because you feel like you’re slipping or you are losing it or you are being compelled to eat crap, then you’re obviously going to do well- you sound so confident and I’m loving it! Glad you have friends there by your side. Long live protein shakes and chicken!!
<3 Em
Old 09-01-2011, 10:29 AM   #39
Senior LCF Member

What kind of protein shakes are you drinking??
Old 09-01-2011, 10:41 AM   #40
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: krisi
Starting weight: 218 ( loaded on purpose )

Aloha I saw your before and after pictures you look great!

I'm in the dfw area! So when we both reach are goal hopefully we can celebrate and meet with a nice dinner ... But I had one packet of tuna it was hard to stomach but I ate it with mustard and black pepper I'm just doing it one day at a time. I'm just thinking that food is not worth the taste when the outcome is me not feeling or looking good about myself.... I'm also going to incorporate chicken too because I can stomach that .
krisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 11:13 AM   #41
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks for the kind words ladies!!!

Now bear in mind I was a bit younger there so there may be a few more wrinkes since then. LOL But yes, that was at a time in my life I was feeling really good. Had just gotten out of a bad relationship (the aforementioned jerky boyfriend), bought my new condo--and adopted my dog.

I seriously can't WAIT to feel good again. I can almost taste it!

Quote:
Right now I don’t even want to be around people, and I don’t even like showering in the morning because I have to get naked with myself. So now our first challenge is to bridge the gap between this food deprivation and the enjoyment of being skinny, and that is why we are here with each other; it would be 500x harder alone.
Oh I SO can relate to this feeling. (even though, of course, I look at you and think you lookk great! ) Many days recently I feel as though I just want to hide under the covers all day. And getting ready for work in the morning is ultra-depressing because I have this closet-ful of lovely clothes and can only wear...maybe 25% of them right now.

And my boyfriend is such a kind person, and would never say anything negative, but it's just not nearly as much being "together" when I hate how I look and feel. OH and he has a boat, so we've spent many weekends on the water this summer, with me trying to have a good time, but mostly feeling self-conscious about wearing a bathing suit in public!!

BUT ok, enough of my pity party for one. We won't be feeling that way for long right!?

Quote:
Kiley - wooo hooo girl! You are a stunner! Look how gorg you are!! You remind me of an actress & I can't think of her name....do people tell you you look like someone famous? You've got a great plan lined up for yourself. Don't you just LOVE Trader Joes??? I live in walking distance from one....and a Target. Don't get me started on that....it's trouble!!! What whitefish do you get at TJ's? LOVE LOVE LOVE Emergen-C! I might join you on doing that sugar free one. I take the regular one daily but am omitting that...now I don't have to with the sf! Thanks!
Thank you!!! I used to get comparisons to Minnie Driver and Julianne Margolis (sp??) when she wore her hair curly on ER. Is it either one of those?

And OMG, I call Trader Joe my "other" boyfriend. I dearly love and adore him!! Great quality items and GREAT prices! That is soooo awesome that you can even WALK to one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisi View Post
Aloha I saw your before and after pictures you look great!

I'm in the dfw area! So when we both reach are goal hopefully we can celebrate and meet with a nice dinner ... But I had one packet of tuna it was hard to stomach but I ate it with mustard and black pepper I'm just doing it one day at a time. I'm just thinking that food is not worth the taste when the outcome is me not feeling or looking good about myself.... I'm also going to incorporate chicken too because I can stomach that .
Oh isn't that just so true?? I think I need to print these words out and tape them up EVERYWHERE to remind myself of that!!!
Old 09-01-2011, 12:10 PM   #42
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 189/186/140 5'3.5
WOE: stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011 Restart Feb 2014
OK I'm jumping on your thread!

My Bday is in 22 days and I was hoping to do 22 days cheat free but I had an ice cream at lunch oh well! I am gonna move on from it and eat a good dinner tonight!

Little about me, I'm 25 until the 22nd, size 8-12 depending on the brand, I live alone or as alone as you can get with 7 dogs haha (only 2 are mine) as of this morning I was 147, I think it will be the same tomorrow as long as the ice cream at lunch was my last cheat! I am Canadian and live in Winnipeg Manitoba so I am jealous of you texans with your nice weather and I don't know what Trader joes is and we don't have Target here, the closest one is on Grand forks which is 2 hours away and I only make it there about 2 times a year everytime I go shopping in the states I come back with more food than clothes but you guys have so many more options than we do, like I had never heard of packs of Tuna til I joined stills!
Mar922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 01:22 PM   #43
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lizbob
Stats: 133.6/131.8/115
WOE: LFL
Start Date: 9/26 xmas challenge
May I join the Challenge?

Hi, Ladies!
Is it too late to add another "Stillerette"? I keep bouncing around between 128 and 133, and I too, have a mid-September goal.
I haven't done Stillman in years, but I recall it got the job done!
Besides Stillman's, I'll be alternating cardio, weight training, callanetics, at home and at the gym.
Lizbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 02:09 PM   #44
Senior LCF Member

Ems - omg so funny the snorting! I'm a snorter too!! That means it's a good hearty laugh! LOVE! Um, yes please, please come live with me & Kiley (kiley, whose name we still need to learn cause Kiley is her dog's name...so everytime I call her Kiley, I giggle cause I'm calling her a dog!!) I'm actually thinking of moving to Texas....shhhhhh, don't tell anyone! I'll explain more why later, I gotta keep this kinda short. I read your words & my heart smiles....thank you sweetie. You are so wise & mature for 21....seriously. You're an old soul! That's a compliment btw, I'm not calling you old. How's the tuna goin? I love your simple plan....brainless & brilliant.

Mac - I swtich off between Isopure zero carb & Isoflex zero carb. Love love love. I've got my eye on a steamer now....thanks! You must be in heaven with all the new kitchen gadgets from your showers!! I heart kitchen gadgets sooo much! More than clothes. I would wear a kitchenaid mixer if I could.

Krisi - thanks dear! I think an "after" party in texas is a funtastic idea!! How fun would that be! NOTHING TASTES AS GOOD AS THIN FEELS!!! You go girl....rock on wit' yo bad self!

Kiley - what is your name darling? You saw my despair above over calling you a dog's name...it's eating at me, torturing me throughout the day, driving me over the edge!...ok not really, but I'd love to put a pretty name with your pretty Julianne Margolis face!! That's it!! I can see Minnie too, but more Julianne! Sooo pretty totally with BOTH of you girls on the not wanting to be around people thing! Now this will sound pathetic, but I'm not struggling to go to Austin because I know the girls I'm going to see aren't smaller than me. How BAD is that to think that?! Lawsie mercy I'm horrible! I really get your struggle though....it is going to disappear, vanish, poof, after these 30 days! We are in like sin! (I like that!)

P.S. my dog trigger is a rescue dog too

Mar - birthday countdowns rock! I love canada...I almost married a canadian....he lived in Red Deer...I adored everything about canada, except the frostbitten face I would so frequently get. You go girl....22 days of cheat free bliss!!!

Lizbob! All aboard!! What's your goal? Tell us a little bout your sweet self.

ok my precious lifelines, - gotta go back to work - will post again tonight as I'm frantically packing! I love to drink wine when I pack...I don't know why, I just do. Oh I know why, cause I love to drink wine doing ANYTHING! duh. But not tonight! Yippeeeeeeee!

Wait, what am I gonna do without you girls over the weekend? Is there like an app I can download for these threads?! insert panic attack NOW.
xoxo
Linz
Old 09-01-2011, 02:42 PM   #45
Senior LCF Member

Mar922: welcome lovely!! So glad you’re here. You can now do 21 days cheat-free which is better than 22 anyway because 21 is exactly 3 weeks, and it also takes 21 days to form a healthy habit. My one requirement: that you go all the way. However many days you can reasonably offer me, I want EVERY SINGLE ONE, no cheating allowed. We’re here to be ridiculous and unstoppable, and I won’t accept anything less. And starting at 8-12 is awesome. You’re gonna be like a 2 or 4 in 21 days if you’re super hardcore like I KNOW you will be. What do you eat for Stillman’s up there in Manitoba?

Lizbob: Yes of course you may join; but only if you really are committed and serious. I want you here, but you need to give us everything you’ve got. What’s your ultimate goal weight? How tall are you? Is your mid-September goal for a special occasion?

Linz: TEXAS NEEDS YOU Yes you’re going to have to tell me the whole story! Tuna’s going great; I can really choke it down when need be lol. I know some ladies on here have poo-poo’d my just-tuna diet (which really fits within Stillman) but you’re right: brainless is better; I can just buy a million packs of tuna from Target and call it a day until my 30 days is up (seriously- I bought EVERY pack they had. The cashier looked simultaneously frightened and amused). How was your eating today so far? Are you hanging in there? I want to see an iron resolve from you, lady!! I think it’s funny you like wine so much; I just turned 21 in July and still haven’t even bought a bottle from the grocery store, let alone gone out to drink. I just don’t like the stuff.

Em
Old 09-01-2011, 07:08 PM   #46
Senior LCF Member

Hiya peaches! I think I need Texas too!! I will have a better idea after the weekend if I'm gonna go the Tejas route... Long story kinda, but I have always wanted to live there...I love it, the people, the cowboys, the wide open spaces, the country, the heat, the bbq, did I mention the cowboys? ha ha....sometimes in california, (orange county in particular) life gets so materialistic for a lot of people & I start to wonder what is really underneath that thick layer of makeup, top designer outfits, and over the top plastic surgery jobs...where are the people? It just feels so ungenuine & fake here a lot of the times. I guessI just want to go somewhere where there is less focus on the things & more focus on the who. I want to be in the country & maybe ride into the sunset with my cowboy. So corny! But I'm that girl...a dream of mine is to one day live on a ranch, where my dog can run freely & horses roam the acreage. Sometimes, I just don't feel like I belong here in socal. My interests aren't the same as others...and that's ok! I just need to find what makes me TRULY happy. It might not be in Texas, but it might also....we'll seeeeeee! I am happy here in CA, because my family is here, but, I have a bit of an empty spot in my heart that has "country" written all over it. Will you still love me if I'm a country bumpkin?!

I'm so glad your plan is going great...and I really think it's just whatever works for each person! Maybe the other girls need more variety and that's ok too, but if just tuna works for YOU, then you need to do it. I know I couldn't do just tuna, but I got nothin' but respect for you sista! That is hysterical about the Tuna at target!

My eating, or shall I say drinking, has been really good! Have had 4 protein shakes....at this point I'm a little hungry for something of substance. I may have an egg or two if it gets worse. But I'm doing just great & feel in control! Have gotten all of my water in too....man alive I'm spending a lot of time in the potty! Everything going ok on your end eating wise? Any temptations or struggles today? I can just tell you're standing strong like the pillar you are!

Oh I adore wine...I didn't get into it until my mid twenties when I learned to cook. then I would always drink wine while I cooked dinner & just had so much fun with myself! ha! Mom & friends drink wine, so it becomes a social thing too. I'm glad you don't have that urge in you! It can be fun & all, but you're not missing anything but calories

Tomorrow is gonna be an EARLY morning...earlier than usual. Will be up at 4am so I can run my dog before bootcamp. then shower & get ready, drop pooch off at mom's for the weekend, then head to the airport! Hopefully I have the energy to run tomorrow morning! I need to sweat...feeling puffy from yesterday's bender still. I am looking forward to NOT feeling this way again!

I will try to post before I leave tomorrow morning. Dang, I'm already so attached to this board & need your support! I will make every effort to check in at least once a day while I'm gone. I think that would help me stay on track.

xoxoxo
Old 09-01-2011, 07:32 PM   #47
Senior LCF Member

Ok, I "caved" and had a can of low sodium tuna mixed with 2 hb eggs & some mustard....yummo! Not that that's a "cave", nor a cheat by any means...just wasn't in my plan for the day. All 100% stillmans & I'm happy about that. I need to listen to my body & feed it good things if it's hungry, yo!! Can I get an amen?!
Old 09-01-2011, 08:20 PM   #48
Junior LCF Member

Oh my gosh kiley you are gorgeous! You look like Nicole Kidman!
Old 09-01-2011, 08:32 PM   #49
Senior LCF Member

Linz: I second the cowboy love I’ve never been to California, but I like the people element more than “stuff” as well. And that’s NOT corny- that sounds like a very worthwhile dream. Do you have any job opportunities you could take here? What do you do?
Do protein shakes deliver for you? I’ve never been able to lose weight with them, which is sad because they are definitely more delicious than tuna and meat; almost like a dessert. Love the sweetness. I’m so proud of you for being in control today; I was worried about your resolve when you first joined me, but this time will be different (successful) for both of us. I hope you get enough sleep tonight! And run your lil’ heart out tomorrow to shed that water-weight; you won’t feel this way again, because you are a changed woman now! I expect a daily post luv! And the tuna- that is SO on the plan; don’t even for a second beat yourself up. Amen!

Today, eating-wise, was right on plan: 3-6oz packs of tuna, several 24-oz water bottles; am starting to get hungry which is such a nice feeling to regain after bingeing for days. I really hate that stuffed feeling, and actually like the empty hungry feeling. True physiologic hunger is nice; what got me in the past was not hunger but pure mental cravings. I just hate the first few days of an attempt at losing weight after losing control with food. Once I get to day 6, which is farther than I’ve gotten in ages, I will congratulate myself, and hopefully will have lost 8 or so pounds by then. I just want to be in the 120’s again. I feel really good and attractive at 122ish. 132, not so much. My waist is the main problem- I’m a total apple shape, and have always envied those girls with the big butt and hips but little teeny waists; when I gain weight, my legs look just fine but my face gets puffy and round and my stomach just gets barrel-like. If I hadn’t been raised on healthy food I would probably have metabolic syndrome and diabetes by now, because that’s my body type. I just want my waist to shrink. I get so jealous and basically lustful watching movies with Audrey Hepburn and Vera Ellen (the younger sister in White Christmas) who are just so slender. I carried around my “Sept 1: 30 Days” card all day with my weight written on it and the phrase “The secret of success is having the courage to take the first steps” to keep my goal in sight, and wrote a big “110” on my hand in blue ink. I basically spent all of class today writing motivational stuff in a little notebook to read and boost myself when I forget momentarily how bad I want to weigh 110 pounds. So right now, I think we all just need to keep our number, our ultimate dream number, in front of our eyes. Write it where you can see it; put it on the fridge and the mirror and your computer.

Here’s some of what I wrote today in my wee book o’ inspiration to keep myself focused; if you read this, prepare for the awkward thoughts that emanate from emalily’s brain:

“You can get through these 30 days. You can get to the body of your dreams. Think about how unbelievable it will feel to wake up on September 30th and step on that scale, having accomplished all you said you were going to do. Think about how it will feel to see “110” flashed on the screen. You are capable of this. Think of the haircut, the dress, the swimsuit, the movies, the parties, the dates. Think of the men. Think of Audrey [Hepburn]. Think of not sucking in. Think of staring at yourself in the mirror because you just can’t believe it. You want this more than anything else, and it’s there for the taking. You just have to keep taking 1 step forward. Go for the BIG dream, not the instantaneous but fleeting pleasure that only causes hours and days of guilt, despair, shame and regret. Don’t deprive yourself of success and happiness for food. You WILL regret it. You will dislike and distrust yourself afterwards. You will hate waking up in the morning. You won’t want to weigh yourself. Always keep in mind you want to be 110 more than anything in the world, and every single morning getting to see a lower number on the scale, whether it’s -2 or -1 or -0.8 or -0.6 or -0.2 pounds, YOU’VE LOST WEIGHT. The only way you won’t get there is by not trying. If you do it, if you eat a clean and simple Stillman’s diet, drink tons of water and move your bod, you will get to 110 pounds. You will. Every time you lose anything, you get to share it with Lindsey and Kiley and Macc and Mar and Lizbob, and you girls are going to be known on LCF for making it 30 days on straight Stillman’s and losing more than 20 pounds!! Imagine how glorious, seductive and sexy it feels to wake up a pound lighter, slim, empty, with a flat stomach, having slept well and deeply, EMPTY and raring to run on your natural protein fuel. You will be a sexy beast. Just say no to eating crap. Walk away. Run away. If you freak out or start to lose it, lace up those sneakers, head out the door and walk 3 miles. When you get home, drink a liter of water. No craving will survive such a fight. Because remember: this is war, and you are soon to be the victor.”
Old 09-02-2011, 05:30 AM   #50
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by emalily View Post
“You can get through these 30 days. You can get to the body of your dreams. Think about how unbelievable it will feel to wake up on September 30th and step on that scale, having accomplished all you said you were going to do. Think about how it will feel to see “110” flashed on the screen. You are capable of this. Think of the haircut, the dress, the swimsuit, the movies, the parties, the dates. Think of the men. Think of Audrey [Hepburn]. Think of not sucking in. Think of staring at yourself in the mirror because you just can’t believe it. You want this more than anything else, and it’s there for the taking. You just have to keep taking 1 step forward. Go for the BIG dream, not the instantaneous but fleeting pleasure that only causes hours and days of guilt, despair, shame and regret. Don’t deprive yourself of success and happiness for food. You WILL regret it. You will dislike and distrust yourself afterwards. You will hate waking up in the morning. You won’t want to weigh yourself. Always keep in mind you want to be 110 more than anything in the world, and every single morning getting to see a lower number on the scale, whether it’s -2 or -1 or -0.8 or -0.6 or -0.2 pounds, YOU’VE LOST WEIGHT. The only way you won’t get there is by not trying. If you do it, if you eat a clean and simple Stillman’s diet, drink tons of water and move your bod, you will get to 110 pounds. You will. Every time you lose anything, you get to share it with Lindsey and Kiley and Macc and Mar and Lizbob, and you girls are going to be known on LCF for making it 30 days on straight Stillman’s and losing more than 20 pounds!! Imagine how glorious, seductive and sexy it feels to wake up a pound lighter, slim, empty, with a flat stomach, having slept well and deeply, EMPTY and raring to run on your natural protein fuel. You will be a sexy beast. Just say no to eating crap. Walk away. Run away. If you freak out or start to lose it, lace up those sneakers, head out the door and walk 3 miles. When you get home, drink a liter of water. No craving will survive such a fight. Because remember: this is war, and you are soon to be the victor.”
Thank you for this! I actually printed it out... tweaked it a bit, but printed it out and I am going to carry it with me. I need something to remind me when I start thinking about eating something off of Stills.
Old 09-02-2011, 05:43 AM   #51
Senior LCF Member

good morning!!

Day 2 - I weighed in at 161.9. I started at 163! Actually, i didn't weigh yesterday cause I didn't wanna see the #...163 was from 2 days ago. I probably started somewhere around 164 or 165...anyhooooooo!

I am off to Tejas! Gotta keep this super short. started the day off with a run with my pup, tuna & hb egg breakfast, also made one for the airport, then it's protein shakes while i'm traveling.

Ems - Protein shakes don't really deliver for me in a weight loss sense, but they help give my digestive system a break when I want to cleanse a little....I could never do it any longer than 2 to 3 days....I need to chew! Thank you for being you...you are such an inspiration & voice of hope to everyone on this thread!! Keep up the great work my dear....I will be back on Monday, but trying to check in over the weekend. YOU CAN DO THIS!!! TUNA OR BUST!!

Love to all....stay strong, in body & mind! xoxoxo
Old 09-02-2011, 07:05 AM   #52
Big Yapper!!!!

Helllooo Ladies, and Happy Friday!

Day one - DONE. Things went pretty well. I stuck to plan. LOTS of water. But I'll tell you I was sooooo tired by the end of the day. But I woke up feeling less bloated and filled with less self-loathing today.

I think my poor body is just very "confused." Like, where's the sugar?? Where's the crappy CARBS I'm so used to??? LOL I'm like: shut UP body. You'll take what I give you and you'll LIKE it!!

I hope everybody has some lovely, fun, and/or relaxing plans for the long weekend! I know that Aloha Linz does -- woot woot! I'm heading up to central Pennsylvania, and we'll be doing some boating (possibly the last time of the season!).

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisi View Post
Oh my gosh kiley you are gorgeous! You look like Nicole Kidman!
Oh you are just the sweetest. THANK YOU. You seriously made my day. Another for you!

Quote:
Wow, Emalily. I'm sitting here almost speechless. Your words are just so inspiring and wise. I AGREE with AL that you seem like an "old soul" --- in that you are wise beyond your years. Let's just say I was NOT nearly as insightful when I was 21. You got in goin' on! But thank you again for your sage words!!!!

Quote:
Kiley - what is your name darling? You saw my despair above over calling you a dog's name...it's eating at me, torturing me throughout the day, driving me over the edge!...ok not really, but I'd love to put a pretty name with your pretty Julianne Margolis face!! That's it!! I can see Minnie too, but more Julianne! Sooo pretty totally with BOTH of you girls on the not wanting to be around people thing! Now this will sound pathetic, but I'm not struggling to go to Austin because I know the girls I'm going to see aren't smaller than me. How BAD is that to think that?! Lawsie mercy I'm horrible! I really get your struggle though....it is going to disappear, vanish, poof, after these 30 days! We are in like sin! (I like that!)

P.S. my dog trigger is a rescue dog too
Ack- so sorry. For some reason I thought my name was in my signature. My name is Leigh Ann - but most of my friends call me Leigh.

And girl, I SWEAR, I am laughing here about your NOT dreading seeing your friends because they are a bit "bigger" than you. I HAVE SO BEEN THERE!!! And then, of course, I'm often there on the flip side, when I go hang out with my girlfriends who ALL have 2 kids under 5, who are like super-thin. So, it goes both ways. These girls just do not eat. Or they eat like 2 bites of food and are done. But oh, they drink. Heavily. Is that what motherhood does to you??? LOL

I'm also giggling at "Lawsie mercy." I LOVE that. I am going to have to start using that phrase immediately!!!

Quote:
Tomorrow is gonna be an EARLY morning...earlier than usual. Will be up at 4am so I can run my dog before bootcamp. then shower & get ready, drop pooch off at mom's for the weekend, then head to the airport! Hopefully I have the energy to run tomorrow morning! I need to sweat...feeling puffy from yesterday's bender still. I am looking forward to NOT feeling this way again!
Oh MY. I felt super-lazy just reading your post. Up at 4 AM for a run, and THEN bootcamp!!??? OK that's it, I'm doing an extra-long workout tonight when I get home from work. You have inspired me. I also LOVE the Isopure Zero-carb shakes. I need to buy some of those. Have you ever tried the Jay Robb brand?? That is pretty yummy too. Love that it is sweetened with Stevia, too. Feels more "natural."

OK- off to do some work--- Have a wonderful day, my Stillmans friends.

OH and I'll weight myself this weekend at the boyfriends house, and so I'll have a # to report when I get back on MOnday.

Last edited by Kiley2801; 09-02-2011 at 07:23 AM..
Old 09-02-2011, 07:56 AM   #53
Senior LCF Member

Welcome to Day 2 ladies! You’ve been amazing thus far and we are SO on our way to looking like Miranda Kerr it’s not even funny Are you keeping your ultimate goal weight in mind? I want you to have it somewhere you can see it; no one has to know what it is; I tell my family that the big blue “110” written on my left hand is a number I have to remember for school (I know, they probably know exactly what it is..).

As of this morning, I weigh 132.0 pounds. 0.2 pounds less than yesterday, but I am going to celebrate it. I don’t care at this point how much I lose, I LOST WEIGHT hehe. Tomorrow it may be more, less or nothing at all, but I know that Stillman’s + water + exercise is the most delicious recipe for success EVER and if we keep at it, there is no stopping us.

I woke at 6:43 and went on a nice long walk; didn’t wear my Garmin GPS watch but I returned at 8:40 so it must have been around 5 miles, which feels awesome. One thing I hate about being bigger than I would like is that if I don’t wear a bra, walking is not the most comfortable activity, while at 115 I could practically run without a bra. The girls just feel heavier and more tender, I guess also because I haven’t shed all the lovely water-weight Stillman’s delivers yet.

After my walk I sat down to a 24 oz Starbucks tumbler of water, a wee bowl of pills (calcium, biotin, CoQ10, chromium, Perfect Weight multivitamins) and a 6.4 oz packet of Starkist Albacore White tuna. My super-skinny roommate walked by at that moment and exclaimed, “How can you eat that for breakfast?!” I love her to death but hate her at moments like those, when I want to shoot back, “Not all of us wake up looking like Giselle!” So I’m bitter. Hmph.

So, I have exactly 22 pounds to lose, and 29 days in which to do it. And it can be done. I may walk more than 3 miles some days, and try to drink 15 gallons of water, or switch to chunk light tuna (180 cals as opposed to 210 per pack), but it will happen. I swear on my own grave, because you know the only reason it won’t happen is if I get hit by a bus.

My lil card of the day reads: (pictured above too, but backwards... um)
September 2: 29 Days
THIS is how I win.

3 mile walk: check
Bible reading:
Eat only tuna:
Drink only water:

Enough of me; how about you???

Linz- that’s like 3 pounds! Incredible girl!!! I’m so impressed you get those kinds of results even with protein shakes; yum. Breakfast sounds awesome; right on point. Have a wonderful time in Austin- I can’t believe you will only be 4 hours away from me ☺ Stay strong and in control my dear!!! If I can do it, you can do it, and if you can do it, I can do it, so we’re pretty much stuck with each other! Lol

Leigh- “I woke up feeling less bloated and filled with less self-loathing today.”- love that!! I so agree- my walk this morning was definitely easier, didn’t have that puffy feeling around my eyes and didn’t feel like my fingers were lil’ sausages haha. And every day is just going to get better and better, because you will be hotter and hotter We are NEVER going back to where we came from, because we learned from it and are moving on together.
“I'm like: shut UP body. You'll take what I give you and you'll LIKE it!!” Oh my land, you make me laugh lady!!
Have fun in Penn!!! And Krisi is right- it WAS Nicole Kidman that you remind me of.
Old 09-02-2011, 09:23 AM   #54
Senior LCF Member

Hi, ladies!
Lost 1 pound yesterday, did 20 minute run on the treadmill, going dancing tonight. Had bacon and eggs this morning, having fish fillet and SFjello for lunch, and fat free ricotta and chicken for dinner. Chewing on SF gum and trying not to swallow it with all the water I'm drinking
Won't be able to post this weekend, so here's my plan: I've signed up for a hike at 8:00 am, then doing cardio and callanetics on my own (I converted my living room into a workout room a couple of years ago, with mirrors, treadmill, stationery bike, bowflex machine, free weights, bench, and ball---AND a big TV to make the workouts bearable ), then BodyPump at the gym on Sunday, and probably swimming afterwards. Monday, I'll just do callanetics.
I have printed out several copies of Emalily's inspiring and brilliantly written "manifesto", with modifications to suit my situation: My goal is 115, and I'm now out of the dating scene because I've been married for about 3 years (marriage is very fattening, folks!). Every other sentiment you expressed was spot on!
You said I was welcome to join if I would make a serious commitment to the group. I promise I will. I won't drag the group down with "bad days" or "slip ups" or "cake left over from an office birthday" or "a friend took me to lunch". This is not about MOI, this is about supporting everyone else in the group. As a successful and unsuccessful veteran of many diets, I know this is one of the toughest. Let's have the most successful September challenge board of the whole website!
You asked me to introduce myself: I live in Texas too, near San Antonio, but I occasionally work in Austin and Dallas, and will attend a conference in Fort Worth the first weekend of October, so actually we COULD get together and celebrate our Sexy September disappearing act! I'm 5'4, and have weighed as little as 108lbs. and as much as 152lbs. (it was one summer I went back to my parents' for three months--love my mother's cooking!). Because I was never good at sports, I took up weight training and aerobics early on, so I'm in good shape...underneath the fat. I love sweets and bread and beer, but fortunately I also love salads and fruit and nuts--guess I'm omnivorous.
Obesity is a serious problem in my family, and the only reason I was able to control my weight to some extent was, I'm ashamed to say, pure vanity. I loved dating, loved attention from the guys, loved pretty clothes, loved the power. But not as much as chocolate! Or ice cream! Or mexican food! So it's been a battle on the scales for years between the wanna-be Glamorous me and the Eat Dessert First me.
The ONLY thing I like about myself at a heavier weight is that my breast are just the perfect size! . Guess I'll be shopping for padded bras by the end of the month.
Random comments on previous posts:
Emalily, my sister and I watch White Christmas every year, even if we're apart. Did you know that Vera Ellen was chastised for being TOO FAT when she made that movie?
Linz, my husband moved to Texas from LA a few years ago, and really loves it here. He enjoys the country western stuff and the bbq, too. We have our share of superficial people here too, though, and our plastic surgeons have plenty of business. I moved here to go to graduate school, and although I moved away twice, I got homesick and have moved back for good. You'd be very welcome here. Incidentally, I read we are getting a Trader Joe's here in Texas (can't remember where, though. )
Mar22--I love Canada AND Canadians--they're like USA'ns without so many hangups. I've been exploring your country little by little. If it weren't so cold, I'd have moved to to Quebec or Montreal long ago (I grew up speaking French, so I'm naturally drawn to those areas.)
Leigh--I used to hang out with a group of sailboat owners, and your comments about feeling uncomfortable, fat, and depressed while sailing really hit home. How many times did I hate covering up with sarongs and t-shirts during the "fat" seasons, and boy did I love running around in a two-piece during my "skinny" seasons.
Krisi--it's tough to diet in DFW with all those great restaurants!! hang in there.
Macc--I am going to a beach resort with a group of friends the weekend of your wedding, so that's my primary diet goal this month. We are starting out at the same weight, so we can have a race!
Sorry this is so long, but it's the only long post I will probably even leave. Have a great weekend everyone! I'll see you "lighter".
Old 09-02-2011, 09:42 AM   #55
Junior LCF Member

Day 2 : 2.6 pounds lost

I weigh 215.4 I lost 2.6 pounds! I'm excited I'm very proud of myself yesterday....there was cake at work, I went to the movies had no popcorn boyfriend had hot dogs after the movie we went for ice cream I didnt get any just him. I realized I want this more then ever and food is not going to hold me back....I do need to exercise but I'm so busy with school and working a full time job ::sigh:: but I'll figure out a way. If only I can lose 2.6 pounds a day for 29 days...I'll seriously go to work and school naked lol! Then after that y'all will have to visit me in jail! lol.

@ Lizbob I'm also going to do my callanetics I love it! Really don't know how often maybe 3x a week, just to squeeze something in.

@ emalily I have a 24oz Starbucks tumblr too I treat that tumblr like my baby I can not live without it lol every where I go it's in my hand lol

@ kiley I'm glad I made your day you are sooooo beautiful

@ aloha have fun in Texas!!!!

But on another note....I have a sexy costume I want to wear for Halloween I have to post pics ASAP! That's one of my motivations! I would love to be back in a size 6 163 pounds if I can't get to 150 but I will get to 150 this time I will!
Old 09-02-2011, 10:31 AM   #56
Senior LCF Member

Diets That Don't Love Me

Liz- thank you so much for that post- it was definitely NOT too long, and I loved every bit of it. Your workout screams “itsy bitsy teeny weeny yellow polka dot bikini” . Thank you for giving us your whole heart; we will do our best to encourage you, because you KNOW that this time is the real time. Congratulations on your 1-pound loss- that is fantastic!! You will be 115 by the end of this month if you keep on truckin!!!
Krisi- SO PROUD!!! 2.6 pounds is the perfect motivation to keep going, right?!? You are inspiring.

Just ate lunch- surprise- TUNA ;D drank a ton of water this morning and several mugs of black tea with stevia (I’m calling it water. It’s not diet soda/aspartame, right?? Haha) while studying/falling asleep on my book (never read about psychiatric nursing interventions on one’s bed, okay ladies?). I really want to take a walk now, again, but I’ve drank so much that I keep having to pee every 15 minutes!!! So I’m waiting until my kidneys catch up with the Dear Doctor’s insane H2O requirements (I feel like Noah drinking up the Floodwaters) so I can take a nice long walk outside in the nasty heat without having to pop a squat in the bushes. I’m so proper. I really, really, REALLY want to see a 1-pound or more loss tomorrow on the scales. You girls are doing so well, and I want to match your results! I’m gonna give it my all, my very best today, to hopefully see a more rewarding number than -0.2 tomorrow.

For our amusement, I shall now list the diets I have done; a few successful, others hideously un-rewarding:

• Steamed Vegetable Diet (I LOVE cauliflower and brussel sprouts; unfortunately this means I can actually consume enough of them to NOT lose an ounce.)
• All Egg Diet (no weight loss; I just ate too many; I can be such a lil piggy!)
• All Meat Diet (loved fatty ground beef; again, ATE TOO MUCH.)
• All-Yogurt Diet (lost about 10 pounds on this over a couple months!) But now I can’t look fat-free Greek yogurt in the face without vomiting in my mouth.
• Celery and Broth (I’m stupid. Don’t mind me)
• Microwave meals only (Amy's Organics, 3xday)- worked pretty well! Lost weight pleasantly but too damn slow!!!)
• Everything in Moderation (Rubbish.)
• All Fat (YUM most delicious diet ever but completely ineffective as I continuously consumed pork rinds, bacon and cheese)
• Blood Type Diet (low carb- smart but I will always eat too much; I cannot use a diet that is “reasonable” and allows me to eat as much of certain healthy foods as I want- I could eat enough CELERY to gain weight haha)
• No food (Surprisingly effective, but only worked when I was depressed from living at Baylor University, away from my family)
• Food Combining/Natural Hygiene (Just eat your potato with butter and you will lose weight! Promise.)
• Raw Foodism- Epic FAIL. I weighed 152 lbs after a year on this; why would you tell anyone to eat avocado, bananas and coconut oil to lose weight???!
• Stillman's- I LOVE THIS MAN. CAN I MARRY HIM? OH WAIT HE’S DEAD ☹
• Atkins- I like Dr. Atkins, he helped me weigh a steady 130 while eating deliciousness like bacon and eggs, but I can’t lose weight unless I eat fewer than 600-700 calories a day. He was just too generous.
Old 09-02-2011, 10:41 AM   #57
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emalily View Post
Mar922: welcome lovely!! So glad you’re here. You can now do 21 days cheat-free which is better than 22 anyway because 21 is exactly 3 weeks, and it also takes 21 days to form a healthy habit. My one requirement: that you go all the way. However many days you can reasonably offer me, I want EVERY SINGLE ONE, no cheating allowed. We’re here to be ridiculous and unstoppable, and I won’t accept anything less. And starting at 8-12 is awesome. You’re gonna be like a 2 or 4 in 21 days if you’re super hardcore like I KNOW you will be. What do you eat for Stillman’s up there in Manitoba?

Em
I will be commited and I was thinking the same thing about the 3 weeks being better than 22 days haha. I eat A LOT of chicken and a little bit of tuna its just too expensive to live off of, I could totally do all Tuna though because I love the stuff! Do you ever eat anything with your Tuna or just out of the pouch? I usually do a tiny bit of mayo, I can't do I without.
Old 09-02-2011, 11:01 AM   #58
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloha Linz View Post
Ok, I "caved" and had a can of low sodium tuna mixed with 2 hb eggs & some mustard....yummo! Not that that's a "cave", nor a cheat by any means...just wasn't in my plan for the day. All 100% stillmans & I'm happy about that. I need to listen to my body & feed it good things if it's hungry, yo!! Can I get an amen?!
In the beginning always eat when you are hungry it stops the binges (from my experience), when I first started stills I ate about 6 chicken breasts a day and then tapered dow to about 2 I would make my food ahead of time for a couple days and then eat it all in one day haha it can be expensive for the first week or so then its not bad at all, everyone always thinks its so expensive for me to eat this way... the ppl I tell anyways.
Old 09-02-2011, 11:02 AM   #59
Major LCF Poster!

Have you guys told everyone what you are doing? at first I got alot of comments about all protein being bad but now everyone just asks me exactly what I did so they could do it too!

I feel like i'm stating from scratch even though I've done this before, I onlt started to Maintain in March or April so its not like its been a long time either
Old 09-02-2011, 11:17 AM   #60
Senior LCF Member

Everything in moderation (Rubbish!) AMEN

I'm in stitches laughing at emalily's laundry list of diets. Ya outta write an autobiography about dieting. My husband was laughing out loud the other day listening to an audiobook. Turned out he was "reading" a passage about dieting in Valerie Bertinelli's book. You're at least as witty as she is--bet you could make a lot of money.
BTW--do you ever go walking or jogging at White Rock Lake? When I lived in Dallas I went all the way around it (except for the little northern part) every Saturday or Sunday.