Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2011, 11:26 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Aussiegirl!
Stats: My Goal Is = 135
WOE: Researching HCG
Start Date: Soon!!!
My Stillmans Wedding Countdown Adventure

Hi fellow stillmanites,

I know the threads on this board besides the monthly one donít really have much life but I wanted to start a new one anyway as I donít get on the boards often enough to keep up with the main one.

No need for anyone to reply as Iíll be kind of using this as a journal but replies are of course also welcome

I am getting married on November 19th this year so as of this Saturday I have exactly 15 weeks till the wedding and 30kg/66lbs to lose to get to my ideal goal.

This equals 2kg/4.4lbs a week to be at my ideal goal aghhhhhhhhhh or 1.3kg/3lbs a week to get to my ďwill still look goodĒ goal of 20kg loss.

I know every single person on the planet would call me crazy for thinking this is possible except for you guys who have either achieved consistent weight loss at this rate or witnessed it on these boards.

I have read hundreds of posts on the Stillmans boards and am so encouraged by your losses. I wonít mention everyone but Tanya you are my Wedding Day inspiration!!!

My eating and weight history is complicated but I am in the best place mentally I have ever been so I know I am ready for this ride.

For a bit of a brief history and a little about me, I am twenty nine, live in Sydney Australia on the Northern Beaches, I had anorexia in early teens which resulted later in binge eating issues. My eating disorder has been my life battle but Iíve been in therapy for a year now and I believe I am mentally ready to leave the eating disorder behind, both the mental aspect of it and the physical!

After dealing with some heavy complicated family issues this year which almost saw my fiancť and I elope we have finally been able to find a solution to a problem that appeared to have no solution so I am finally getting excited about the day I get to marry the love of my life.

With the family issues finally sorted itís time for me to give myself the gift I deserve of feeling comfortable (and sexy) in my body on my wedding day.

Ok think thatís it, will be back every now and then to report on my losses. I havenít weighed myself in a while and a month ago I had exactly 30kg to get to my dream goal but if Iíve gained since then it could be more to lose but hopefully with Stills for a few days I will be back to exactly 30kg to lose by this Sat!

I am pretty familiar with the Stillmans plan itself but my only question for those who have had quick results is what did you do about coffee?

Ok, ramble over

p.s. just to fill you in on some Aussie facts, we donít call prawns, shrimp, we call them prawns, never once in my life have I heard an Aussie say ďletís put another shrimp on the BarbieĒ and interesting fact number 2, Iíve never seen a kangaroo in my life, a lot of Aussies havenít ha ha Ė just had to pass this on after cracking up reading a post where Australia came up in conversation

Jen

Last edited by Aussiegirl!; 08-01-2011 at 11:28 PM.. Reason: pressed submit before finishing the title
Aussiegirl! is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-02-2011, 05:29 AM   #2
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: i<3taubes
Stats: 140/130/115 5'3
WOE: Harcombe Diet
Start Date: March 2011
Congratulations on getting married!

I recently started Stillman's, so I can't give you any advice haha. But I also had anorexia in my teens followed by a binge eating/purging disorder. I think Stillman's is a good plan for those with a history of eating disorders, because of the limited options. I tried Atkins, but I think it was too permissive for me and it led to overeating.

That amount of weight is definitely feasible, based on the results of some of the people on this board. I wish you fantastic success for your wedding!

P.S. I feel your pain. I'm from Texas, yet I haven't seen a cow or a horse in 10 years. People constantly ask though how many horses I own when they hear I'm from Dallas. haha oh stereotypes...
i<3taubes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 07:03 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Macc0021
Stats: Pregnant - trying to keep gains at a minimum! :)
WOE: wheat allergy + low carb + pregnant!
Start Date: Every day!
Congrats on your upcoming wedding and marriage!!! I am getting married on September 17th (a month and a half!!!) and I, too, am looking to Stillman's for assistance. I have about 10 more pounds that I want to lose, but I will take anything!!

I am 25 years old and have always had a terrible relationship with food - starving myself and then binging... repeat the cycle. I started with Atkins induction and have slowly gravitated to a more Stillman's-esque plan. I eat mainly eggs and meat, but I do allow myself some fats and cheese. I have been doing just fine with this food + exercise.

Let's keep each other accountable in the weeks to come - good luck and I am confident that you can do it! We must look incredible on our big day!!!

ETA - Oh... and I do drink coffee on the "plan"!
Macc0021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 12:40 PM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 195/195/175 5'3.5
WOE: stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011 Restart June 2014
I lost 20 pounds on stills, 10 on atkins I never gave up coffee, I drink it with cream and splenda.
Mar922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 04:32 AM   #5
Junior LCF Member

Hi Stillmans peeps,

Haven't fallen off the face of the earth, have just been postponing my official start "no cheats" date.

I weighed in and i have exactly 32.6kg/72 lbs to get to my dream weight but it is too late for this goal, that would be 5.5lbs a week and i have made peace with the fact that this is unrealistic. I am however still striving for my goal of 22.6kg/50 lbs loss which would still have me looking great (not amazing but great). this is 1.7kg/3.8lbs a week.

Do you think it's doable if i'm strict?

My issues holding me back are:
a) i'm a bit depressed at the moment over family stuff/self esteem issues
b) i love alcohol
c) i HATE feeling deprived
d) i'm struggling to believe it's possible or that I can do it
e) my weight/eating disorder is all i know and i am struggling to find the strength to believe i can live without it, although deep down i know i can.

Tomorrow i am seeing a healer to deal with the above issues and then i'm all systems go till the wedding, it is so hard to believe that you are worth it but i figure i just go for it anyway, i'm in therapy, i no longer have unrealistic expectations about how i want to look and i no longer believe that losing weight will change my life, how more ready can i be hey???

ok sorry for the ramblings and will touch base again soon

hope everyone's well
Jen
Old 08-22-2011, 07:46 PM   #6
Junior LCF Member

Just weighed in, am down 1kg/2.2lbs in 3 days (and I was drinking), now only 47.8lbs/21.6kg to go
Old 08-22-2011, 08:03 PM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 233/224/155 5'7"
WOE: Stillman QWL
Start Date: May 1 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiegirl! View Post
Just weighed in, am down 1kg/2.2lbs in 3 days (and I was drinking), now only 47.8lbs/21.6kg to go
Awesome!
BrattyS is offline   Reply With Quote