Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2011, 11:55 PM   #91
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by katem2011 View Post
Hello everyone! I was hoping I could join in this group. I've been reading up on Stillman's and ordered the book (hasn't arrived yet, should be here by tomorrow though!).

I am 23 years old, 5'4" and about 145 lbs. I have gained about 20 lbs since mid May.... so bad and I feel awful. I have a trip to Spain in 6 weeks and a concert in 2 weeks. If I were to stick to the plan to a T and keep my calories around 1,000-1,200 a day - what would my expected weight loss be?

I have stocked my fridge with chicken, lean low fat turkey burgers and turkey bacon, flounder fillets, and eggs.

I was wondering if there's anyone else who has my stats (height/weight/etc) and could let me know how fast they could lose the weight?

~Kate
Hi Kate. Stick to QWL and you will reach goal in record time. I would not worry too much about calorie counting though, once ketosis kicks in your appetite will subside considerably. The first few days can be a challenge, just eat whenever you are hungry...don't worry if you go over your calorie count. Welcome.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-04-2011, 06:46 AM   #92
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 195/195/175 5'3.5
WOE: stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011 Restart June 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by akagal20 View Post
Hello Eveyone

I'm checking in from Maintain Lane

I got one word : stress

Maintaining is so much more stressful for me than just plain old Stillmans

My weight is staying in the zone but every day I battle with food choices , ESP at parties and events

I am barely hanging on, it feels like
I thrive on structure and I think my plan has to much wiggle room

My weight is at my " high point" which is 137.6 and I swear I look giant even though it's not possible with just two lbs gain
I'll lose and gain the same 2 to 3 lbs which is normal for maintaining but I do hate when the scale is up
Arghhh
My birthday is Saturday and I really wanted to be right back at 135.6 , I know it's still possible but I can't believe I am allowing such a small thing to take over my thoughts

With maintaining , the fear of regain is always on the edge of the mind

I think I know what to do to ease my mind

I hope everyone is well
Hello to GT, CC and Mar particularly !

I still lurk the thread , don't post as much cause I'm boring these days !!!
You are doing great!

How are you eating now? Do you still follow stills or are you kinda eating whatever? when I did my mini maintenence I kinda ate whatever and weighed myself religiously but I also gained 5 pounds and then floated around there.

Its true about being more stressful once you have to be out in th real world though!
Old 08-04-2011, 06:51 AM   #93
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 195/195/175 5'3.5
WOE: stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011 Restart June 2014
Quote:
Hello everyone! I was hoping I could join in this group. I've been reading up on Stillman's and ordered the book (hasn't arrived yet, should be here by tomorrow though!).

I am 23 years old, 5'4" and about 145 lbs. I have gained about 20 lbs since mid May.... so bad and I feel awful. I have a trip to Spain in 6 weeks and a concert in 2 weeks. If I were to stick to the plan to a T and keep my calories around 1,000-1,200 a day - what would my expected weight loss be?

I have stocked my fridge with chicken, lean low fat turkey burgers and turkey bacon, flounder fillets, and eggs.

I was wondering if there's anyone else who has my stats (height/weight/etc) and could let me know how fast they could lose the weight?

~Kate
I am at your current stats and it didn't take me long to get to them, I think you you will be fine if you just eat meat, My Bday is in 6 weeks and I hope to be 20 pounds lighter by then.

Its hard to say what your weight loss would be as everyone is different but i usually average about 4-5 pounds a week and up to 10 the first week.

Oh and I wouldn't count calories if its on plan it will be low cals and once you have been on plan awhile your apetite will be gone so you won't be eating much anyways.
Old 08-04-2011, 08:16 AM   #94
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by akagal20 View Post
Hello Eveyone

I'm checking in from Maintain Lane

I got one word : stress

Maintaining is so much more stressful for me than just plain old Stillmans

My weight is staying in the zone but every day I battle with food choices , ESP at parties and events

I am barely hanging on, it feels like
I thrive on structure and I think my plan has to much wiggle room

My weight is at my " high point" which is 137.6 and I swear I look giant even though it's not possible with just two lbs gain
I'll lose and gain the same 2 to 3 lbs which is normal for maintaining but I do hate when the scale is up
Arghhh
My birthday is Saturday and I really wanted to be right back at 135.6 , I know it's still possible but I can't believe I am allowing such a small thing to take over my thoughts

With maintaining , the fear of regain is always on the edge of the mind

I think I know what to do to ease my mind

I hope everyone is well
Hello to GT, CC and Mar particularly !

I still lurk the thread , don't post as much cause I'm boring these days !!!
LOL Tanya ur drivin urself nuts! With your self discipline you will never regain.......

my mom will be here in two weeks so do tell what ur eating, I need to keep her on maintenance......
Old 08-04-2011, 08:17 AM   #95
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:

~Kate

OMG girl you have like hardly any to lose it'll be gone in a month
Old 08-04-2011, 08:19 AM   #96
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
Good to know, thanks.
LOL I'mm too cheap to spend it......will wait for the outlets this winter
Quote:
Not really...every now and then I put something on.
coooool sell me some LK Bennetts!
Old 08-04-2011, 09:33 AM   #97
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: katem2011
Stats: 145/145/115
WOE: Stillman's, Atkins
Start Date: August 2011
Thanks for all the responses! Definitely great to have the encouragement.

Hey one more question - I was reading in the book about fasting, does anyone do any intermittent fasting?

I am doing a 48 hour fast/cleanse before I start QWL. Wipe the slate clean. Plus I'm already pretty nauseous and camped on the couch from the TOM from hell UGH so it probably wouldn't hurt to flush out some of that water weight and bloat.
Old 08-04-2011, 10:03 AM   #98
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

Hey one more question - I was reading in the book about fasting, does anyone do any intermittent fasting?

I am doing a 48 hour fast/cleanse before I start QWL. Wipe the slate clean. Plus I'm already pretty nauseous and camped on the couch from the TOM from hell UGH so it probably wouldn't hurt to flush out some of that water weight and bloat.
I did it a few years ago...I use to have a one hour eating window which meant i use to do 23 hour fasts...never got further than that though. Liked the control I had doing it.
Old 08-04-2011, 10:21 AM   #99
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
LOL I'mm too cheap to spend it......will wait for the outlets this winter

coooool sell me some LK Bennetts!
How about some Barratts.

Last edited by makemeslim; 08-04-2011 at 10:38 AM..
Old 08-04-2011, 10:44 AM   #100
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Macc0021
Stats: Pregnant - trying to keep gains at a minimum! :)
WOE: wheat allergy + low carb + pregnant!
Start Date: Every day!
Quote:

I have been drifting into some sort of IF. I did not do it before I started however. For example... it's 12:40p here and I have not yet eaten today. I had some coffee with hwc this morning, but have just not been hungry. I am debating with myself whether to eat the eggs and tuna I brought. I even just got done with a great workout! I need to stop eating *just because* it's lunchtime. I want to make sure that I am actually hungry when I do eat!! That's a problem for me... I get bored and then decide to eat!!

I also like IF because I can have a bigger meal in the evening with my fiance and actually enjoy it! I haven't really noticed any real effect on my weight loss, other than the fact that I might just be eating less calories.
Old 08-04-2011, 11:20 AM   #101
Major LCF Poster!

I need some help...I have lost over 30lbs with Stillman's so I know it works but I just don't seem to be able to get past three days without cheating at the moment and I am growing tired off it. I was craving pineapple juice all day and just had a huge glass. Of course my plan is to go back to Stillman's tomorrow but I can not keep on like this... I'm just yo yoing. Really fed up.
Its like I have no motivation.

Last edited by makemeslim; 08-04-2011 at 11:23 AM..
Old 08-04-2011, 11:37 AM   #102
Major LCF Poster!

I am even thinking of giving Atkins another try. Personally, I don't think all the animal fat is good for you but maybe I need a change for a little while.
Old 08-04-2011, 11:38 AM   #103
Major LCF Poster!

Going to sniff around the Atkins thread.
Old 08-04-2011, 11:47 AM   #104
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Macc0021
Stats: Pregnant - trying to keep gains at a minimum! :)
WOE: wheat allergy + low carb + pregnant!
Start Date: Every day!
Quote:
Going to sniff around the Atkins thread.
I cannot really stay on Stillman's for very long recently... I incorporate a mixture of Atkins and Stillman's - but my main fare is definitely eggs and meat. Do whatever keeps you motivated!! There are no set "RULES"!
Old 08-04-2011, 02:20 PM   #105
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: swebb
Stats: 253/251
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 03/10/2010 RESTART 08/01/11RERESTART 2/21/13
Quote:
I need some help...I have lost over 30lbs with Stillman's so I know it works but I just don't seem to be able to get past three days without cheating at the moment and I am growing tired off it. I was craving pineapple juice all day and just had a huge glass. Of course my plan is to go back to Stillman's tomorrow but I can not keep on like this... I'm just yo yoing. Really fed up.
Makeme - I hear ya! This time around it is SO much harder!!! I am on day 4 of my restart and I am really struggling as well. I don't have any real answers except to say I am taking this on HOUR at a time - sometimes one MINUTE at a time! Since I am the primary cook in the family I am always around food - sometimes small bites just JUMP into my mouth

I am trying not to beat myself up too much when I fall off the wagon but it is SO frustrating that I can't seem to maintain control.

I am trying to either go for a walk when I get a craving or sit down and journal on the computer - these seem to help. Having this group helps.

I think giving ourselves a break every once in a while is fine. If having an Atkins day helps get you through to the next day then do that. If trying a "portion" controlled PLANNED snack (salty/sweet) try that. Chewing gum has helped me. Cutting back on the diet coke has also helped me cut down on the cravings.

We are here and understand - type your feelings away
Old 08-04-2011, 02:21 PM   #106
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I am even thinking of giving Atkins another try. Personally, I don't think all the animal fat is good for you but maybe I need a change for a little while.
My cholesterol doubled on Atkins - be careful
Old 08-04-2011, 03:47 PM   #107
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
nah, when I want something here or there I eat it. Feeling deprived is a big part of why diets fail. Take a time out then go back when it's all good......
Old 08-04-2011, 03:48 PM   #108
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macc0021 View Post
I cannot really stay on Stillman's for very long recently... I incorporate a mixture of Atkins and Stillman's - but my main fare is definitely eggs and meat. Do whatever keeps you motivated!! There are no set "RULES"!
O girl you're so close to goal, I agree! Staying positive is key!
Old 08-04-2011, 03:50 PM   #109
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swebb View Post
Makeme - I hear ya! This time around it is SO much harder!!! I am on day 4 of my restart and I am really struggling as well. I don't have any real answers except to say I am taking this on HOUR at a time - sometimes one MINUTE at a time! Since I am the primary cook in the family I am always around food - sometimes small bites just JUMP into my mouth

I am trying not to beat myself up too much when I fall off the wagon but it is SO frustrating that I can't seem to maintain control.

I am trying to either go for a walk when I get a craving or sit down and journal on the computer - these seem to help. Having this group helps.

I think giving ourselves a break every once in a while is fine. If having an Atkins day helps get you through to the next day then do that. If trying a "portion" controlled PLANNED snack (salty/sweet) try that. Chewing gum has helped me. Cutting back on the diet coke has also helped me cut down on the cravings.

one day at a time, babe; Rome wasn't built in a day.......
Old 08-04-2011, 04:56 PM   #110
Senior LCF Member

Down 4 pounds since my restart on Monday

Today's menu:

B: Grilled thick cut pork chop
L: Grilled 8 oz Ribeye
S: Caynne Popcorn (popped in Coconut Oil)
Old 08-05-2011, 12:10 AM   #111
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

Thanks Swebb. I have decided to do Atkins 72 for a while. See how I go with that. I know I just need something different right now...still plan to hang here though.
Old 08-05-2011, 12:12 AM   #112
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
My cholesterol doubled on Atkins - be careful
I will. Going to try use olive oil dressings and healthier fats rather than lashings of butter and animal fats.
Old 08-05-2011, 12:15 AM   #113
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

Today's menu:

See, then I read this and think "back to Stillman's". Well done Swebb, the work is paying off!
Old 08-05-2011, 12:29 AM   #114
Major LCF Poster!

This morning, I will be having bacon and fried eggs...I know I need to watch the salt in the bacon...but I don't think I consume much salt on the whole. I am only going to use a small amount of oil to fry the eggs.
Old 08-05-2011, 04:32 AM   #115
Major LCF Poster!

Going to make some Rev roll and so dinner will be a chili cheese burger and side salad. If all goes well and I lose well, I will stick to Atkins 72 for two weeks and then return to Stillies. I'm quite excited about the change actually.
Old 08-05-2011, 05:24 AM   #116
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:

Today's menu:

AAAAAAAAAAAWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-05-2011, 05:25 AM   #117
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I will. Going to try use olive oil dressings and healthier fats rather than lashings of butter and animal fats.
O lash me with butter.........

Last edited by CCGirl; 08-05-2011 at 05:27 AM..
Old 08-05-2011, 05:48 AM   #118
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
O lash me with butter.........

You crazy person you.
Old 08-05-2011, 06:07 AM   #119
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I love you, girl~
Old 08-05-2011, 07:07 AM   #120
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

yum cheeseburger omelette with tomato from the garden, a glorious start for the day!

now you made me think of chili...........yummy......
Closed Thread