Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2011, 12:46 PM   #541
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Macc0021
Stats: Pregnant - trying to keep gains at a minimum! :)
WOE: wheat allergy + low carb + pregnant!
Start Date: Every day!
Good recipes??

Anyone have good Stillman's-friendly recipes for tuna salad or egg salad? Actually, ANY recipes would be great I am so boring in the kitchen - no creativity.

I am going to try the lite soy sauce, EZ Sweets, and Chicken tonight probably - might add in some shirataki noodles

Sponsored Links
Old 08-22-2011, 02:51 PM   #542
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 189/186/140 5'3.5
WOE: stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011 Restart Feb 2014
So its super windy here today and I am wearing a skirt, but its not flowy so I wasn't worried but apparently the wind had other ideas.... A big just of wind blew my skirt right up and I looked to the right and thought ok I am good no one saw that and then I looked to the left and there were 2 construction workers who were crouching down working on something staring right at me AND I am wearing red underwear and the rest of my outfit is black and white so it was very obvious :blush:

Thanks Dr Stillman for helping me lose 30 poubds so that when this happened at least I knew they got a nice eyefull instead of traumatized
Old 08-22-2011, 08:00 PM   #543
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 234/224/155 5'7"
WOE: Stillman QWL
Start Date: April 1 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macc0021 View Post
I am going to try the lite soy sauce, EZ Sweets, and Chicken tonight probably - might add in some shirataki noodles
I liked mine

My new thing to get me through eating all this chicken is...

I been adding a 1/2T of light soy, two drops of ez sweetz,and 1 T water to about 5 ounces of cooked chicken. I shake it up in a container and nuke it to warm it up.
Old 08-22-2011, 08:02 PM   #544
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
So its super windy here today and I am wearing a skirt, but its not flowy so I wasn't worried but apparently the wind had other ideas.... A big just of wind blew my skirt right up and I looked to the right and thought ok I am good no one saw that and then I looked to the left and there were 2 construction workers who were crouching down working on something staring right at me AND I am wearing red underwear and the rest of my outfit is black and white so it was very obvious :blush:

Thanks Dr Stillman for helping me lose 30 poubds so that when this happened at least I knew they got a nice eyefull instead of traumatized

That's awesome. I would die if that happened to me right now.
Old 08-23-2011, 07:05 AM   #545
Major LCF Poster!

I keep gaining and losing the same 3 pounds and I'm staying on plan or if I can't at least i'm staying low carb, it must be the salt. Once this wedding is done I can get back on plan fully I just find it hard when I only see my family once a year to stay on plan completely like they don't know me well enough to understand or something I don't know
Old 08-23-2011, 08:47 AM   #546
Senior LCF Member

I still feel like crap. I am SO bloated and swollen. It's like I had an allergic reaction to the crap that I ate and drink last weekend. I just got done working out, but did not have the energey to do my usual weight training - just did some triceps and biceps. It's like my joints are swollen... it even is difficult to type still. I weighed myself this morning and was up FOUR pounds since Friday. I hope it's mostly water weight... ugh.
Old 08-23-2011, 08:53 AM   #547
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I still feel like crap. I am SO bloated and swollen. It's like I had an allergic reaction to the crap that I ate and drink last weekend. I just got done working out, but did not have the energey to do my usual weight training - just did some triceps and biceps. It's like my joints are swollen... it even is difficult to type still. I weighed myself this morning and was up FOUR pounds since Friday. I hope it's mostly water weight... ugh.
Its probably just salt, Just drink lots of water and rest.
Old 08-23-2011, 09:47 AM   #548
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I keep gaining and losing the same 3 pounds and I'm staying on plan or if I can't at least i'm staying low carb, it must be the salt. Once this wedding is done I can get back on plan fully I just find it hard when I only see my family once a year to stay on plan completely like they don't know me well enough to understand or something I don't know
I am sure some of the stress from the wedding plays into it as well. I am doing well right now because I have no extra family and plans to derail me. If I had family around, wedding plans and everything those things entail, I would never be able to lose.
Things will be easier when life settles a bit for you.
Old 08-23-2011, 09:48 AM   #549
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

Drink as much fluid as you can stand. Maybe take some ibuprofen. I hope you feel better soon.
Old 08-23-2011, 09:54 AM   #550
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrattyS View Post
I am sure some of the stress from the wedding plays into it as well. I am doing well right now because I have no extra family and plans to derail me. If I had family around, wedding plans and everything those things entail, I would never be able to lose.
Things will be easier when life settles a bit for you.
If this happens for a cousins wedding I am screwed if I ever get married! I think I need to get asked out first though so that won't be happenening for a while haha
Old 08-23-2011, 02:16 PM   #551
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
Well, I survived my bachelorette party!! I did eat off plan... chips and sweets mostly. I avoided the breads, so I think that was a mini victory!

This morning I feel TERRIBLE. Not only am I incredibly sleep-deprived, but I am achy... SO swollen... my face looks like I have been beat up!! My eyes are barely open. I think it's from the carbs, sugar, alcohol, crap food... I am fasting today until dinner just to kind of "restart" my system. WOW.... but from here on out, I am right back on the wagon... only 26 days till the wedding!!!!!!
poor kid I feel like $h1t today too
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeeH View Post
I REALLY don't want to go to work today (after being off work for over a week!), but it will get me out of the house and give structure to my day as I pursue losing ten pounds before September 16th, when I go to a big family wedding. Feeling a little under the weather, but maybe that's just my attitude (I hope I'm not catching my husband's cold b/c he's been sick for 2 weeks). Looking forward to a "clean" day with the food! Catcha later!
ugh a cold this time of year, run away, run away!!!!!!!
Quote:

your Marylin moment
Quote:
oof no excersize til you feel better, rest up...

well mum arrived yesterday, happily pulling weeds and petting kitties.

today we had the lovely earthquake, the house was undulating for a brief moment, I thought I was going to pass out or puke then I realized the room WAS actually spinning
Old 08-23-2011, 03:41 PM   #552
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
If this happens for a cousins wedding I am screwed if I ever get married! I think I need to get asked out first though so that won't be happenening for a while haha
Old 08-23-2011, 03:47 PM   #553
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
today we had the lovely earthquake, the house was undulating for a brief moment, I thought I was going to pass out or puke then I realized the room WAS actually spinning
I got a horrible vertigo feeling with it. When I moved to the northeast I hoping to avoid tornadoes. We get several warnings a year still. Earthquakes were not even in my wildest dreams. Possible hurricane Irene this weekend is the cherry on top.
Old 08-24-2011, 05:38 AM   #554
Senior LCF Member

I made the shirataki noodles, soy sauce, EZ Sweets, and chicken... but added sriracha sauce... it was DELISH!!! YUM!

Are there different types of shirataki? Mine tasted soooo much like noodles... they were maybe a bit tougher after boiling, but other than that, I think it was a perfect noodle substitute.
Old 08-24-2011, 06:18 AM   #555
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I made the shirataki noodles, soy sauce, EZ Sweets, and chicken... but added sriracha sauce... it was DELISH!!! YUM!

Are there different types of shirataki? Mine tasted soooo much like noodles... they were maybe a bit tougher after boiling, but other than that, I think it was a perfect noodle substitute.
I've only had the tofu ones and they are pretty white but when I googled them tghey look clear so I am thinking there are different types.

I will have to try that Recipe I love sriracha sauce I marinate my chicken in it!
Old 08-24-2011, 06:20 AM   #556
Major LCF Poster!

Ok Ladies! I am off on vacation until Monday so I can't check in til tuesday lets pray that I will not gain more than 5 pounds on this trip I am staying with My aunt who is married to an italian!
Old 08-24-2011, 11:05 AM   #557
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: akagal20
Stats: 172.2/155.8/145(Height 5'8)
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: January 18, 2014
Hello!

Hi everyone.

Looks like the boards are alive and well these days

I am just dropping in from maintenance land. Things are going very well.

I do stillmans ( well more like, low carb and not 100% stills) during the week and splurge happily on the weekends.

Its been nice to get into the groove.

I am back working out like a maniac again, I knew i would be pulled into the lifestyle again once I Got started. I am developing a more muscular build which is good. Muscle is better than fat. I am taking it easy on my legs because I do not desire muscular looking legs.

once I got off stillmans my weight spiked by 3 lbs suddenly and then kind of stayed there, so I am around 138 most days but its holding steady and that with splurging, SO you know what? I will take it!
I love working out and I feel so much better to be fit and active again, during stillmans I couldnt do a thing in the gym due to having no carbs in my system. Now keep in mind I do low carb, and I still avoid them when I can, but I probably eat twice the carbs than someone on Stillmans but half the carbs of a normal person.

Just letting everyone know that there is life after stillmans and that you can keep the weight off and be happy and maintain a thinner body.
Don't be afraid or fearful of maintenance. I just want to show that you dont have to live on egg and tuna or die! ( odd that I say, considering I just got done eating a 1 egg and some tuna!).. I feel like I have made a lifestyle change and its sticking with me.. Part of me wants to go back down to 135 and I eventually will ( I have big plans for Sept, Oct , November)...As long as I stay under 140 I feel confident and comfortable... I Feel like Stillmans will always be there for me to help me get back on track when I start to feel loose or go crazy...

I have some friends doing Paleo plan and I am reading about that now, sounds very similar to stills except kind of weirder! lol

Happy Losing to all of you here, new and old. I hope to be back soon...
Old 08-24-2011, 01:54 PM   #558
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrattyS View Post
I got a horrible vertigo feeling with it. When I moved to the northeast I hoping to avoid tornadoes. We get several warnings a year still. Earthquakes were not even in my wildest dreams. Possible hurricane Irene this weekend is the cherry on top.
Ugh, now I'm paranoid the house will fall down

Disaster follows mum this year, in May we had horrible flooding, and now we have the earthquake and the coming hurricane........
Old 08-24-2011, 01:55 PM   #559
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Ok Ladies! I am off on vacation until Monday so I can't check in til tuesday lets pray that I will not gain more than 5 pounds on this trip I am staying with My aunt who is married to an italian!
have a great time sweetie!
Old 08-24-2011, 01:57 PM   #560
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by akagal20 View Post
Hi everyone.

Looks like the boards are alive and well these days
I am just dropping in from maintenance land. Things are going very well.
I do stillmans ( well more like, low carb and not 100% stills) during the week and splurge happily on the weekends.
Its been nice to get into the groove.

I am back working out like a maniac again, I knew i would be pulled into the lifestyle again once I Got started. I am developing a more muscular build which is good. Muscle is better than fat. I am taking it easy on my legs because I do not desire muscular looking legs.

once I got off stillmans my weight spiked by 3 lbs suddenly and then kind of stayed there, so I am around 138 most days but its holding steady and that with splurging, SO you know what? I will take it!
I love working out and I feel so much better to be fit and active again, during stillmans I couldnt do a thing in the gym due to having no carbs in my system. Now keep in mind I do low carb, and I still avoid them when I can, but I probably eat twice the carbs than someone on Stillmans but half the carbs of a normal person.

Just letting everyone know that there is life after stillmans and that you can keep the weight off and be happy and maintain a thinner body.
Don't be afraid or fearful of maintenance. I just want to show that you dont have to live on egg and tuna or die! ( odd that I say, considering I just got done eating a 1 egg and some tuna!).. I feel like I have made a lifestyle change and its sticking with me.. Part of me wants to go back down to 135 and I eventually will ( I have big plans for Sept, Oct , November)...As long as I stay under 140 I feel confident and comfortable... I Feel like Stillmans will always be there for me to help me get back on track when I start to feel loose or go crazy...

I have some friends doing Paleo plan and I am reading about that now, sounds very similar to stills except kind of weirder! lol

Happy Losing to all of you here, new and old. I hope to be back soon...
yay Tanya! Great to hear from ya! You have to check out Paleo, it so rocks!
Old 08-24-2011, 02:00 PM   #561
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

well, things are pretty quiet here at the ranch. Mom is making an apple pie for himself. Business is really slow.
Old 08-24-2011, 02:19 PM   #562
Senior LCF Member

Ugh I am having a rough day so far... I am craving sweets hardcore. So far I have had...

2 hb eggs
1 salmon burger
5 oz. cubed chicken with shirataki, low sodium soy sauce, EZ Sweets, and sriracha sace
5 oz. chicken with 1 carb buffalo sauce

I feel like that is a lot more than normal!! Sigh.... I must be struggling back into ketosis - which is a good thing - but I HATE that increased hunger that I get just before going into ketosis.

For dinner I thawed out some jumbo shrimp... but I don't want to eat again for a couple hours!!

How terrible would it be if I made a one minute muffin? Or some other snacky thing that is NOT on Stills? I am struggling today...
Old 08-24-2011, 04:06 PM   #563
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Ugh I am having a rough day so far... I am craving sweets hardcore. So far I have had...

2 hb eggs
1 salmon burger
5 oz. cubed chicken with shirataki, low sodium soy sauce, EZ Sweets, and sriracha sace
5 oz. chicken with 1 carb buffalo sauce

I feel like that is a lot more than normal!! Sigh.... I must be struggling back into ketosis - which is a good thing - but I HATE that increased hunger that I get just before going into ketosis.

For dinner I thawed out some jumbo shrimp... but I don't want to eat again for a couple hours!!

How terrible would it be if I made a one minute muffin? Or some other snacky thing that is NOT on Stills? I am struggling today...
Diet today looks great. NO MUFFINS! A couple days of withdrawl and you will be OK. Try to stay away from the carbs and sugar. I hope you feel better asap!

I hear you one the bad day. I have almost had to tie myself to something to keep me from eating something bad. Luckily my Ketosticks came in the mail today. I saw I was definitely in ketosis. Kind of gave me the strength to be good.
Old 08-24-2011, 04:07 PM   #564
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Have fun!
Old 08-24-2011, 04:08 PM   #565
Senior LCF Member

Thanks... you will be glad to know that I did not stray from the plan!! I am steaming that pound of shrimp as we speak! I got a big food steamer at one of my bridal showers so I figure it's a good time to try it out

I know I got out of ketosis this weekend, but I can tell when I am going back into it... I feel like crap and cannot stay full!! I love when ketosis starts though... no appetite and lots of energy!! YAY for ketosis!!!
Old 08-24-2011, 04:20 PM   #566
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Hi peeps! Quick hello. Don't really feel chatty. I'm really struggling. I'm not really eating that much off plan-but there are temptations everywhere. I've eaten bites of things-literally mouthfulls-nothing more. And I know I can't blow up with what I'm eating-really I do, it's just I feel completely and utterly out of control. I am working out most days-though again nowhere near as much as I'd like. Tonight I really struggled-dunno, I just feel huge-again I really do know I couldn't be. But it really is the thinner I get, the fatter I feel. It's the most pathetic thing-I was reading a celeb mag about how x and y had dropped like 30lbs in 6 weeks. Then I looked around and saw that 'everyone' was thinner than me. I just wanted to stick my fingers down my throat-the only thing that stopped me was my Mum was with me and I couldn't shake her off. I came home and my other half was there so I couldn't. Ye have no idea how badly I wanted it-i wanted the 'release' --even though I feel completely pathetic and a failure when I do. I just feel so stressed and wound up the whole time. I know it's stupid-I have no reason to at all. I find I just can't relax at all now-I can't sleep-in, I can't sit still and watch TV-I just keep thinking I'm burning no calories. I hear myself and know it's stupid-I just can't seem to stop-It's driving me crazy-and I know it's driving my family mad too. I just went to bed a while ago because I couldn't stick it any longer.
Going shopping tomorrow so that should chear me up----but what am I thinking???? No working out time and what will the restaurant that we're going to serve?? God, I know it's crazy!!! And I know I'm biting my Mum's head off the whole time/I can't even concentrate on what she's saying cos I'm thinking will she ever leave? I wanna work out. And that's not fair at all. It's totally and utterly selfish.
Sorry for the rant, I just really needed to let off steam.

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!(not even chocolate!)
Old 08-24-2011, 05:16 PM   #567
Senior LCF Member

I never struggled with bulimia, but I just wanted to say that I am sorry for what you are going through. It truly does turn into an addiction - addicted to working out, addicted to worrying about food, addicted to the scale... it's almost like there should be an AA for dieting.

Just try to stay busy... shopping is a good idea. Take a bubble bath - in the dark - so that you cannot stare at your body (I find myself doing that). Rent a movie. Watch some mindless tv. Volunteer. I am actually trying to find a second job just because I am bored... and when I am bored, all I can think about is my weight, food, binging, and working out. It is getting better, but the demons creep into my head every once in a while.

Hang in there!
Old 08-24-2011, 05:17 PM   #568
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: VeeH
Hang in there, Getting There. Be still. Really. AND DON"T FORGET TO BREATHE. Know that you can't possibly be gaining weight, and know that that's your irrational disordered-eating-and-dieting self talking. It's irrational because it's not based in any sort of reality. You are "catastrophizing." Focus on the present--not on the past or future--and BE NICE TO YOUR MOM!!! She deserves that, and so do you. Enjoy the time that you have together, because you won't always have that. I'm sending positive vibes your way so that you can enjoy yourself and stop driving yourself crazy. I think it's great that you vent here, because we all DO really understand. Take care and, at all costs, be good to yourself.
Old 08-24-2011, 07:27 PM   #569
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Thanks... you will be glad to know that I did not stray from the plan!! I am steaming that pound of shrimp as we speak! I got a big food steamer at one of my bridal showers so I figure it's a good time to try it out

Good for you!
Old 08-24-2011, 07:33 PM   #570
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Hi peeps! Quick hello. Don't really feel chatty. I'm really struggling.
I have no experience with what you are feeling but wanted to know that I wish you well and I hope you are able to relax and get the terrible thoughts out of your head. It sounds like you know your thoughts are not what you should be thinking and feeling. Now just try to take a deep breath and really believe it.

Looking at your stats, you have achieved SO much. You should be proud of that.
Closed Thread