Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2011, 02:58 PM   #511
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
CCGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 3,918
Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
OMG fasting..........with these dizzy episodes I would be in the ER
CCGirl is offline  

Sponsored Links
Old 08-19-2011, 03:03 PM   #512
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
CCGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 3,918
Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
bump
CCGirl is offline  
Old 08-19-2011, 03:14 PM   #513
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
CCGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 3,918
Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010





CCGirl is offline  
Old 08-19-2011, 03:22 PM   #514
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
CCGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 3,918
Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010





CCGirl is offline  
Old 08-19-2011, 03:23 PM   #515
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
CCGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 3,918
Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
CCGirl is offline  
Old 08-19-2011, 03:35 PM   #516
Major LCF Poster!
 
BrattyS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Tennesee
Posts: 1,036
Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 238/227/155 5'7"
WOE: Stillman QWL
Start Date: November 10 2014
Has anyone tried the Miracle Noodle?

I cubed up some chicken breast. Simmered it in light soy sauce and a few drop of Ez-Sweetz. Then added the noodles. It was really yummy and a much welcome treat from chicken meal after meal after meal.

The noodle texture is a bit weird at first but after a few bites I was happy. Going to use this as a break every few days.
BrattyS is offline  
Old 08-19-2011, 03:46 PM   #517
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
CCGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 3,918
Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
the general consensus last time was blech
CCGirl is offline  
Old 08-19-2011, 03:49 PM   #518
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
CCGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 3,918
Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
CCGirl is offline  
Old 08-19-2011, 03:50 PM   #519
Major LCF Poster!
 
BrattyS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Tennesee
Posts: 1,036
Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 238/227/155 5'7"
WOE: Stillman QWL
Start Date: November 10 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
the general consensus last time was blech
hahaha I guess you guys have discussed them. I am either weird or desperate. I liked them.
BrattyS is offline  
Old 08-19-2011, 03:55 PM   #520
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
CCGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 3,918
Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010

CCGirl is offline  
Old 08-19-2011, 03:57 PM   #521
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
CCGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 3,918
Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrattyS View Post
hahaha I guess you guys have discussed them. I am either weird or desperate. I liked them.
naw, they're okay for oriental style dishes but crap for italian. You have to rinse them like mad and boil them first.
CCGirl is offline  
Old 08-19-2011, 03:57 PM   #522
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
CCGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 3,918
Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
great, now I want ramen noodles
CCGirl is offline  
Old 08-19-2011, 04:11 PM   #523
Major LCF Poster!
 
makemeslim's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: London, England
Posts: 1,675
Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
I sometimes use shirataki noodles...are the miracle noodles the same thing? I know in America you can get them made with tofu...always wanted to try those ones but you can't get them in the UK and you can not get them delivered either. I chop my noodles really small (really makes a difference) and make oriental style soups. When I first tried them I hated them but once I learned what they work well with all was good.
makemeslim is offline  
Old 08-19-2011, 04:17 PM   #524
Major LCF Poster!
 
makemeslim's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: London, England
Posts: 1,675
Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
naw, they're okay for oriental style dishes but crap for italian. You have to rinse them like mad and boil them first.
So true... the first time I ever tried them I made a sphag bowl. I wonder if you cooked them in with the mince and sauce if it would make a difference as they do soak up the flavour. Also the one I used last time were much nicer than others I have used...they were finer, so I guess the brand makes a difference.

Last edited by makemeslim; 08-19-2011 at 04:39 PM..
makemeslim is offline  
Old 08-19-2011, 04:20 PM   #525
Major LCF Poster!
 
BrattyS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Tennesee
Posts: 1,036
Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 238/227/155 5'7"
WOE: Stillman QWL
Start Date: November 10 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
Love this
BrattyS is offline  
Old 08-19-2011, 04:21 PM   #526
Major LCF Poster!
 
BrattyS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Tennesee
Posts: 1,036
Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 238/227/155 5'7"
WOE: Stillman QWL
Start Date: November 10 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
great, now I want ramen noodles
The thought of all those cabs and sodium. run run run.
BrattyS is offline  
Old 08-19-2011, 04:22 PM   #527
Major LCF Poster!
 
BrattyS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Tennesee
Posts: 1,036
Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 238/227/155 5'7"
WOE: Stillman QWL
Start Date: November 10 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
I sometimes use shirataki noodles...are the miracle noodles the same thing? I know in America you can get them made with tofu...always wanted to try those ones but you can't get them in the UK and you can not get them delivered either. I chop my noodles really small (really makes a difference) and make oriental style soups. When I first tried them I hated them but once I learned what they work well with all was good.
I think they are the same thing. Miracle Noodle is just the brand name.
My package says Shirataki pasta on it.
BrattyS is offline  
Old 08-19-2011, 05:57 PM   #528
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
CCGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 3,918
Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
I sometimes use shirataki noodles...are the miracle noodles the same thing? I know in America you can get them made with tofu...always wanted to try those ones but you can't get them in the UK and you can not get them delivered either. I chop my noodles really small (really makes a difference) and make oriental style soups. When I first tried them I hated them but once I learned what they work well with all was good.
yep same thing, can ye not order them from Amazon??????
Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
So true... the first time I ever tried them I made a sphag bowl. I wonder if you cooked them in with the mince and sauce if it would make a difference as they do soak up the flavour. Also the one I used last time were much nicer than others I have used...they were finer, so I guess the brand makes a difference.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrattyS View Post
Love this
naw, the texture isn't close to real pasta, thank goodness for Dreamfields!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrattyS View Post
The thought of all those cabs and sodium. run run run.
I would do faux ramen with the miracle shiritaki noodles........




well, it's almost movie time babes; I have the Bourne Trilogy stashed for himself, he's never seen them.

Tomorrow is a big hunter gatherer day as mum is coming and demands loads of fresh produce.....I will go to the chav Price Right where you bring your own bags.....so ghetto....but then again I am soooo cheeeeeeeeeap......I have to keep her on maintenance as she is now a 6 and can't afford to lose more weight. Please report any butt increasing excersizes as she has no caboose!

and please report any butt reducing ideas for myself
__________________
Laissez les bon temps rouler!!!!
If you can read this thank a teacher; since you are reading it in English, thank a veteran.
“Enjoy the little things, for some day you may look back and realize they were the big things” – Robert Brault
CCGirl is offline  
Old 08-20-2011, 07:13 AM   #529
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 4
Gallery: katem2011
Stats: 145/145/115
WOE: Stillman's, Atkins
Start Date: August 2011
Haven't checked in this forum for a while... hope everyone is seeing results? Any good results to report????

My vacation to Spain is in 24 days... ugh pressure I have to drop this extra 15-20 pounds fast just to fit into my clothes again. I hate feeling like this. Praying to the Stillman and Low Carb gods to get me through this!!!
katem2011 is offline  
Old 08-20-2011, 09:58 AM   #530
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 152
Gallery: VeeH
Just caught up on all the posts and wanted to say "hi" to everyone. Just got back last night from Tahoe--went by too fast (could've stayed another week!). That said, I'm ready to get back on plan. I don't think I gained, but I'm not going to weigh myself, because that will just make me depressed. I think I'll wait a couple of days....

I'm still on California time, but I made myself get up early this morning. Haven't had anything to eat yet, because I'm just not hungry at all, but I know I have to eat something in the next couple of hours or I'll be dizzy for sure.

I'll check back later!

Vee
VeeH is offline  
Old 08-20-2011, 10:10 AM   #531
Major LCF Poster!
 
BrattyS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Tennesee
Posts: 1,036
Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 238/227/155 5'7"
WOE: Stillman QWL
Start Date: November 10 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by katem2011 View Post
Haven't checked in this forum for a while... hope everyone is seeing results? Any good results to report????

My vacation to Spain is in 24 days... ugh pressure I have to drop this extra 15-20 pounds fast just to fit into my clothes again. I hate feeling like this. Praying to the Stillman and Low Carb gods to get me through this!!!
Hello If any diet can do it, it is definitely Stillman. I have lost a bit over 8 pounds in 5 days. Would have been more if I would behave with my 0 cal spray, that is not 0 cals with the amount I been using.
BrattyS is offline  
Old 08-20-2011, 06:45 PM   #532
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Southern California
Posts: 786
Gallery: doxielove
Stats: 177.8/145.4/120
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: Restart: 07.08.13
Hi Ladies, I want to say thank you for inspiring me to finally give this woe a try - shopping tomorrow and starting Monday. (Thanks also for sharing your wonderful taste in handbags and shoes - I am now madly in love with a Mulberry Alexa bag which I can't afford but I can dream!)

Anyway, I noticed that some of you use low fat mayo - I found some that has 15 cals and 1 fat gram per tablespoon. I'd really like to use this with canned chicken and hard boiled eggs - would make it more palatable - but will it slow down my loss? About how much would you say you consume in a day? I've also noticed no one seems to eat any beef or cottage cheese - again, are those things that slow your losses?

Really appreciate your opinions! Thanks! Erin
doxielove is offline  
Old 08-21-2011, 05:58 AM   #533
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 4
Gallery: katem2011
Stats: 145/145/115
WOE: Stillman's, Atkins
Start Date: August 2011
Any tips on how to follow stillmans at restaurants? My two best friends are visiting next weekend and I already planned getting sashimi at a sushi place one night but what about the other night? I am committed to this 100% (until I go to spain and load up on paella! oops )
katem2011 is offline  
Old 08-21-2011, 06:33 AM   #534
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
CCGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 3,918
Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by katem2011 View Post
Haven't checked in this forum for a while... hope everyone is seeing results? Any good results to report????

My vacation to Spain is in 24 days... ugh pressure I have to drop this extra 15-20 pounds fast just to fit into my clothes again. I hate feeling like this. Praying to the Stillman and Low Carb gods to get me through this!!!
you can so do it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeeH View Post
Just caught up on all the posts and wanted to say "hi" to everyone. Just got back last night from Tahoe--went by too fast (could've stayed another week!). That said, I'm ready to get back on plan. I don't think I gained, but I'm not going to weigh myself, because that will just make me depressed. I think I'll wait a couple of days....

I'm still on California time, but I made myself get up early this morning. Haven't had anything to eat yet, because I'm just not hungry at all, but I know I have to eat something in the next couple of hours or I'll be dizzy for sure.

I'll check back later!

Vee
cool, welcome back!
Quote:
Originally Posted by doxielove View Post
Hi Ladies, I want to say thank you for inspiring me to finally give this woe a try - shopping tomorrow and starting Monday. (Thanks also for sharing your wonderful taste in handbags and shoes - I am now madly in love with a Mulberry Alexa bag which I can't afford but I can dream!)

Anyway, I noticed that some of you use low fat mayo - I found some that has 15 cals and 1 fat gram per tablespoon. I'd really like to use this with canned chicken and hard boiled eggs - would make it more palatable - but will it slow down my loss? About how much would you say you consume in a day? I've also noticed no one seems to eat any beef or cottage cheese - again, are those things that slow your losses?

Really appreciate your opinions! Thanks! Erin
bwaaaaaaaaahaha I beef and ccheese like mad, my losses are slow from vodka
Quote:
Originally Posted by katem2011 View Post
Any tips on how to follow stillmans at restaurants? My two best friends are visiting next weekend and I already planned getting sashimi at a sushi place one night but what about the other night? I am committed to this 100% (until I go to spain and load up on paella! oops )
check the menu before you go, always. You may not be 100% on plan but you can be close.
CCGirl is offline  
Old 08-21-2011, 07:31 AM   #535
Major LCF Poster!
 
BrattyS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Tennesee
Posts: 1,036
Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 238/227/155 5'7"
WOE: Stillman QWL
Start Date: November 10 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by katem2011 View Post
Any tips on how to follow stillmans at restaurants? My two best friends are visiting next weekend and I already planned getting sashimi at a sushi place one night but what about the other night? I am committed to this 100% (until I go to spain and load up on paella! oops )

My guess would be to know what they have before you go so you can figure out what is closest to your diet plan.
BrattyS is offline  
Old 08-21-2011, 07:33 AM   #536
Major LCF Poster!
 
BrattyS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Tennesee
Posts: 1,036
Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 238/227/155 5'7"
WOE: Stillman QWL
Start Date: November 10 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by doxielove View Post
Hi Ladies, I want to say thank you for inspiring me to finally give this woe a try - shopping tomorrow and starting Monday. (Thanks also for sharing your wonderful taste in handbags and shoes - I am now madly in love with a Mulberry Alexa bag which I can't afford but I can dream!)

Anyway, I noticed that some of you use low fat mayo - I found some that has 15 cals and 1 fat gram per tablespoon. I'd really like to use this with canned chicken and hard boiled eggs - would make it more palatable - but will it slow down my loss? About how much would you say you consume in a day? I've also noticed no one seems to eat any beef or cottage cheese - again, are those things that slow your losses?

Really appreciate your opinions! Thanks! Erin
I do not eat beef when I am on plan because it is higher calories. I did not eat it for about 20 years of my life so I don't mind at all. I loath cottage cheese , and other cheese, I just figure it isn't worth slowing down my progress.
BrattyS is offline  
Old 08-22-2011, 07:53 AM   #537
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 863
Gallery: johnsa37
Stats: 155.4 (post-partum) /155.4/130
WOE: Low carb to drop the baby weight :)
Start Date: Dec. 1, 2014
Well, I survived my bachelorette party!! I did eat off plan... chips and sweets mostly. I avoided the breads, so I think that was a mini victory!

This morning I feel TERRIBLE. Not only am I incredibly sleep-deprived, but I am achy... SO swollen... my face looks like I have been beat up!! My eyes are barely open. I think it's from the carbs, sugar, alcohol, crap food... I am fasting today until dinner just to kind of "restart" my system. WOW.... but from here on out, I am right back on the wagon... only 26 days till the wedding!!!!!!
johnsa37 is offline  
Old 08-22-2011, 07:58 AM   #538
Major LCF Poster!
 
BrattyS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Tennesee
Posts: 1,036
Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 238/227/155 5'7"
WOE: Stillman QWL
Start Date: November 10 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macc0021 View Post
Well, I survived my bachelorette party!! I did eat off plan... chips and sweets mostly. I avoided the breads, so I think that was a mini victory!

This morning I feel TERRIBLE. Not only am I incredibly sleep-deprived, but I am achy... SO swollen... my face looks like I have been beat up!! My eyes are barely open. I think it's from the carbs, sugar, alcohol, crap food... I am fasting today until dinner just to kind of "restart" my system. WOW.... but from here on out, I am right back on the wagon... only 26 days till the wedding!!!!!!

I hope you had a great time! Drink lots of water today. You should be up and running tomorrow. Way to go on avoiding the carbs.
BrattyS is offline  
Old 08-22-2011, 08:32 AM   #539
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 152
Gallery: VeeH
I REALLY don't want to go to work today (after being off work for over a week!), but it will get me out of the house and give structure to my day as I pursue losing ten pounds before September 16th, when I go to a big family wedding. Feeling a little under the weather, but maybe that's just my attitude (I hope I'm not catching my husband's cold b/c he's been sick for 2 weeks). Looking forward to a "clean" day with the food! Catcha later!
VeeH is offline  
Old 08-22-2011, 12:04 PM   #540
Major LCF Poster!
 
Mar922's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,305
Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 195/195/175 5'3.5
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrattyS View Post
Has anyone tried the "Miracle Noodle"?

I cubed up some chicken breast. Simmered it in light soy sauce and a few drop of Ez-Sweetz. Then added the noodles. It was really yummy and a much welcome treat from chicken meal after meal after meal.

The noodle texture is a bit weird at first but after a few bites I was happy. Going to use this as a break every few days.
I love them, I looked for them forever and now we have them at the grocery store down the street so I'm very excited haha
Mar922 is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:06 PM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.