Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2011, 04:51 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: doxielove
Stats: 177.8/139.4/120
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: Restart: 07.08.13
HCG vs. QWL

Hi Friends,

I have been doing hcg since July 5, and I have lost 2.8 lbs. I have been very true to protocol (one small cheat on day 3), and needless to say I am very frustrated and discouraged. My calories have ranged from 350 to 500 daily.

I hate the idea of quitting in mid-stream, but I had so had my heart set on losing 15 lbs. by August 15 (I teach and that's the day I go back to work). I have been lurking on your threads and it seems like so many of you are having a great deal of success...it doesn't seem any more restrictive than the hcg plan and actually seems like you get more to eat. Has anyone here done the hcg and changed to QWL? Even if you haven't, I would really welcome any thoughts/opinions to help me decide...is it possible to lose 10 - 15 lbs in a month?

Thanks so much for any advice!
doxielove is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-20-2011, 07:50 AM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 195/195/175 5'3.5
WOE: stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011 Restart June 2014
I haven't done HCG so I can't comment on that but you could easily lose 15 pounds by August 15th if you stick to plan and I think you would probably get to eat more than 350-500 cals a day if its low fat meat you can eat it and the longer you are on plan the less you will eat like right now I am eating tons of chicken (up to 6 breasts a day) but I know once I get into it it will go down to about 2.

6 is alot of protein and expensive but I am lazy so I just eat chicken you can eat much more than that haha
Mar922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 09:25 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Thanks for you reply! We are the same height and my weight isn't too far off from your starting weight (I'm 168). I think I will give it a try...
Old 07-21-2011, 06:53 PM   #4
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ssabrina
Stats: 192.5/163.5/130 Height: 5'2"
WOE: Stillman
Start Date: Restart 12/6/11
I did Stillman's for a week or so, then switched to the HCG diet in June. I didn't feel the weight loss was fast. I gained a ton on the load days, then the scale just crawled once I re-lost the load gain. I was very disappointed. A week ago, I switched back to Stillman, this time taking the low calorie approach I had with the HCG diet. I lost 9.6 lbs the first week back on Stillman! I had the genuine HCG product, but I now know that it's a placebo as far as weight loss is concerned (should have researched more before starting).
ssabrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 07:39 AM   #5
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Kiley2801
I did HCG (pharm-grade, not homeopathic) last year, and lost ~20 pounds in 6 weeks. I really liked the diet, but I did it under the care of a clinic, and I just can't afford to do it again. I've tried the homeopathic versions, and I was seriously ready to gnaw my arm off by the 2nd day!!!

Unfortunately, I didn't keep the weight off- but it's totally MY fault. I began over-indulging in too many sweets and carbs around the holidays.

I'm starting (FINALLY- after much talk) Stillman again on Monday, so it will be interesting to compare the weight loss between the 2 plans.

Quote:
I lost 9.6 lbs the first week back on Stillman!
Wow- that is awesome ssabrina! Way to go.
Kiley2801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 01:40 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssabrina View Post
I did Stillman's for a week or so, then switched to the HCG diet in June. I didn't feel the weight loss was fast. I gained a ton on the load days, then the scale just crawled once I re-lost the load gain. I was very disappointed. A week ago, I switched back to Stillman, this time taking the low calorie approach I had with the HCG diet. I lost 9.6 lbs the first week back on Stillman! I had the genuine HCG product, but I now know that it's a placebo as far as weight loss is concerned (should have researched more before starting).
This is my story completely (the HCG part)...I'm starting Stillman's tomorrow and I hope I have the same kind of success that you had! So did you stay with the 500 calories like HCG or did you have a bit more? i'm excited to start - thank nyou!