Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Stillman's (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/stillmans/)
-   -   Would love a Stillman's Partner pen pal (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/stillmans/727703-would-love-stillmans-partner-pen-pal.html)

miss911grinch 07-09-2011 08:23 PM

Would love a Stillman's Partner pen pal

I lost over 150 pounds with Stillman's Diet help 5 years ago. I've gained a few pounds back and my clothes don't fit me as well so I am going back on the QWL diet. Anyone out there that is willing to join me for a 28 day weight loss blast? I need help from someone and from somewhere!

miss911grinch 07-10-2011 11:39 PM

Well I'm going to post on here so I feel some kind of accomplishment. It's day 2 of Stillman's and the cravings have hit. But I'm stronger than my cravings so I have not cheated. Even though my family is eating potato chips, smores bars, brownies, and sandwiches on fresh baked bread (my weakness) I have not cheated once. The scales say I'm down 3 pounds already and that's enough to make me work harder. I noticed some are counting calories on their path to success, I'm not counting anything but carbs. So far I've had 6 grams of carbs today. My mother is quite furious with my weight loss and wonders why, as she is eating the potato chips, she's not losing any weight. I tell her its a willpower thing. I don't think she gets it yet. She thinks a diet is starving oneself. My diet is to pick at my menu selections whenever I feel hungry. a few slices of turkey deli meat rolled up, a small bit of grilled chicken, a small cube of cheese, or salmon steak grilled with spices. yum.

miss911grinch 07-11-2011 12:02 AM

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wHy8fiD/]
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...fiD/weight.png

Getting there!!! 07-11-2011 01:03 AM

Hi Missgrinch! First congrats on the amazing weight loss! You know how well QWL works so!! Why don't you join us on the Stillman's July thread-that's really where us Stillmanites hang out!! Good luck!!

miss911grinch 07-14-2011 06:02 AM

Well it's 10 pounds gone .....

I had turkey and low carb meatloaf and cheeses and the cravings for sweets are all but gone but when I do get a craving I whip together a cheesecake filling that has almost no carbs in it. Even my dad picky eater that he is says it's good when i put a spoon in his mouth to test it out. But still tracking the weight. It cannot come off fast enough but it came on slowly so it has to be equal in coming off right? Yeah I didn't think so either so I got my hands on The Dukan Diet book. I was reading some of the recipes in the attack phase and he's got some really yummy recipes in here for sauces and stuff. Can't wait to experiment! :up:

It'stime 07-18-2011 09:24 PM

Hi,
I'm on the regular thread but I'll meet you here too for your 28 day blast. I am aiming for as many pounds as I can lose before I get on the bus to go visit family. That would be one month from now on the 18th of August....

How are you doing? This is day two for me and I am feeling good.

chessie2m 07-19-2011 07:33 AM

Hey,
would like to join... :hiya:Hi Frances remember we did this before for our weddings back in May..
here we are again.. last run I did take off 19 pounds.. I did gain back 6 so I am still down.. 13...not bad.. my goal is to hit the 130's this month.. 120's in August and hit my goal in Sept of 123 pounds... totally doable... 149 today... today is day 2 yesterday was a good day..this morning I ran 1 mile and swam 10 laps in our pool...
eating meat today...no eggs yet...I ate so many last time I have a hard time getting them down!!!

It'stime 07-19-2011 11:45 AM

Hey Chessie,:hiya:
Yes, so glad to see you! Was the wedding nice?

What are you eating today?

I'm not sick of eggs yet, so I'm planning 3 eggs, I piece of chicken and 1 piece of lean steak, my green shake and then a little more of something zero carb if I'm still hungry.

I am including a cucumber a day too? 1 tablespoon of flax meal in my green shake with an additional metamucil if I need it.:rolleyes:

chessie2m 07-19-2011 12:06 PM

wedding was fun..we have another one in September so that will help motivate me also.. .I am eating tuna and turkey burgers today..that is the plan..with chicken until I can not stand it anymore.. I am also going to weigh in every morning...that seems to help me stay on track..

It'stime 07-19-2011 03:58 PM

turkey burgers sound good. What day in September is your goal date and weight?

chessie2m 07-22-2011 06:30 AM

fell off the wagon once again... summer is so hard with all the kids home.. the wedding is Sept 3rd... I wonder if I can still make my goal of the 130's by July 31st..I am at 148 right now..what do you think... I need to go super strict!!
I dont care if it is 139.9..I just want to see the 3!!!!!

Mar922 07-22-2011 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chessie2m (Post 14848656)
fell off the wagon once again... summer is so hard with all the kids home.. the wedding is Sept 3rd... I wonder if I can still make my goal of the 130's by July 31st..I am at 148 right now..what do you think... I need to go super strict!!
I dont care if it is 139.9..I just want to see the 3!!!!!

I have the same goal as you I just want to see 130something by August long weekend which means I only have til the 28th! keep me posted on your loses!

It'stime 07-22-2011 10:34 PM

Well falling off the wagon as I type.....!!!! :eek::eek:

Tomorrow is a new day,:) so let's refocus then. We can do this,,,you too Miss Mar922...:high5:

It'stime 07-23-2011 09:51 PM

Today was good,,,,,I ate 700 calories on plan!

losin4mexico 07-29-2011 08:42 AM

new

Hi I'm new to this diet today is my second day and im down 7 pounds .the diet seems easy except I have to have cream in coffee

It'stime 08-02-2011 12:50 PM

Hi Losin4mexico,
I'm on today and doing good! Congratulations on your 7 pounds down!:up::clap:

It'stime 08-04-2011 06:32 PM

2nd day of being true to plan,,,,,scale is showing it. What I love is I was going up as I backslid,,,,,but I'm already back down to 173 with just two faithful days.