Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Stillman's (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/stillmans/)
-   -   What do you do to....go to the bathroom? :) (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/stillmans/727661-what-do-you-do-go-bathroom.html)

Jujigirl 07-09-2011 10:46 AM

What do you do to....go to the bathroom? :)

You know what I mean. :) I usually take extra magnesium, but man my tummy can be bad during the day. Any other advice? I do stillmans with only eggs and meat, so no fiber to be seen.....

GME 07-09-2011 11:26 AM

Fo rme, it has nothing to do with fiber- its the fat. LF will stop things every time.

Jujigirl 07-09-2011 11:29 AM

So what do you do to combat it?

GME 07-09-2011 01:26 PM

In general, eat more fat. In particular, I add coconut oil to my coffee in the morning. A tbls or two with milk and splenda or sweetener of some kind. Many people just use the CO by itself, but I need the creaminess of the milk or it "feels" weird to drink.

I'm not doing Stillman's though. Isn't it lowfat?

miss911grinch 07-09-2011 09:11 PM

I don't know if this helps

but try aloe pills. helps me when I need to go.

sykotikkittie 11-17-2011 02:27 PM

Stillman's and getting backed up

I want to try Stillman's and figure it would be somewhat easy since I do Atkins. I am worried about getting backed up since there is no fiber in this way of eating. Do any of you recall the "Lemon Cleanse Diet"? It is the lemonade concoction with maple syrup, distilled water and cayenne and no solid food. You are supposed to drink a laxative tea and drink a salt water solution to push everything out. I recall the salt water solution working quite well, but you have to dedicate about an hour of being near the bathroom for convenience. I am wondering if this salt water solution and laxative tea would work with Stillman's to keep things moving. Considering the lemonade has no solids and very little calories, I don't see any risk taking this route. I am looking to try Stillman's after Turkey Day since I will have a lot of turkey left over. I guess I will let you all know how it goes.

aleriaaa 11-25-2011 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jujigirl (Post 14812680)
You know what I mean. :) I usually take extra magnesium, but man my tummy can be bad during the day. Any other advice? I do stillmans with only eggs and meat, so no fiber to be seen.....

I find that its the eggs that make my tummy do weird things. Perhaps try sticking to just meat for a week and see if it helps! :)

aleriaaa 11-25-2011 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sykotikkittie (Post 15184640)
I am looking to try Stillman's after Turkey Day since I will have a lot of turkey left over. I guess I will let you all know how it goes.

Totally give Stillmans a shot! Commit to 2 weeks and you will see that you dont need the tea!

lkelley36 12-01-2011 10:38 AM

I take super colon cleanser everday....it works!! (I get it from the XXX health food store.)