Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2011, 06:08 PM   #121
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: momtocj7mea
Stats: 282/179/162
WOE: Paleo/Primal..whole foods FTW!
Start Date: 11/30/11
I did a green smoothie detox earlier this year, NOT FUN!! LOL!! I felt like crap, which I guess is normal if you are truly detoxing. I can't do it now though because I have to teach my classes.

CC, I buy the raw shrimp that are already peeled ( I cheat, lol) and put them on skewers to grill them. I spray them with a little olive oil spray and add a seasoning like the Mrs. Dash chili lime seasoning or lemon pepper seasoning. Just garlic and salt and pepper works too

Sponsored Links
Old 07-05-2011, 06:13 PM   #122
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
OMG where to find peeled raw shrimps......or are you using cooked??????
Old 07-05-2011, 06:16 PM   #123
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
Nope, they are raw I get them from the freezer section in my local Wal-Mart. They are raw, peeled, and deveined They do still have the tails on though, but I think that makes em prettier, lol!

And Hazel, I just ordered my EatSmart scale, it will be here Thursday, woohoo!!
Old 07-05-2011, 06:33 PM   #124
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: als9503
Stats: 167/167/130 5'4"
WOE: Stillman's/Meat & Egg
Start Date: 4/03/12
Ok, so here it is...the good, the bad and the ugly of my holiday weekend eating.

The good: I packed a cooler with extra lean turkey burgers, fat free cottage cheese, string cheese, zero calorie flavored water, turkey bacon, turkey pepperoni, reduced sugar ketchup and greek yogurt. I stayed on plan all of Friday and Saturday. I politely declined while everyone else was eating pizza and brownies and pasta salad and sandwiches and ice cream and pancakes and muffins and fruit and chips and cake and potatoes and cookies and crackers and donuts….well, you get the picture. Lol! I was very proud of myself.

The bad: I did eat a few off plan things -- on Sunday morning I ate regular bacon with my eggs at breakfast. Sunday night, I ate a regular (not lean beef) grilled hamburger and some salad with a grapeseed oil-based dressing. Monday morning I ate a few slices of sausage (not even enough to constitute a full serving) and I had some salsa on my eggs. Although, looking at the salsa stats, it was zero fat and had less carbs than the reduced sugar ketchup that I use so it was probably ok for Stillman’s. I also had a few (ok, more than a few) alcoholic beverages over the course of the weekend. Mostly vodka, but I did drink this crazy concoction called a Mexican bulldog which was a huge margarita with a bottle of corona sitting upside down in it. I mostly drank the margarita part and let my BF drink the beer (I hate beer!).

The ugly: For most of the weekend I felt like I had to sneak and eat my Stillman’s food. We kept the cooler in the truck and I would go to the truck and eat a turkey burger or Greek yogurt in private. I didn’t like doing that, but someone saw me eating my turkey bacon and made a comment about me being on a diet and I felt like I had to hide it. I hate talking about food and eating with people because they usually tell me that I don’t need to lose weight and ask a million questions about what I eat and why. I just didn’t want to deal with all of that when I’m supposed to be enjoying myself. I also told a few lies. It seems that folks just don’t want to accept that you aren’t going to eat the pizza or cake or whatever so on a few occasions I lied and said I had “just eaten a huge sandwich” to avoid the whole diet conversation. And I probably over did it on the string cheese. I would eat one whenever everyone else was eating other snacks which was constantly. I just didn’t want anyone to notice that I wasn’t eating and say something about it.

Overall, I think I did very well in the face of all that temptation. I haven’t weighed myself yet because I want to give myself a chance to even out after the bacon and salad I had on Sunday, but I don’t feel like I’ve gained at all. I'm going to do strict QWL for the rest of this week and then I think I will ease into maintenance eating for a while.
Old 07-06-2011, 01:25 AM   #125
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nermo
Stats: 272/198 /180 for now
WOE: Stillman
Start Date: jan2010
Hello Peeps- I am happy to hear we all did well over the weekend for all of us!

I am 205 todayyyyyyy that's 3 pound since my nutella episode!!! hhhh I goofed a bit yesyerday on some grapes- I don't feel as bad when I cheat with fruits- at least I know I didn't anything unhealthy for me!

Ok I got another question being here in Egypt it's pretty hard to find cottage cheese so I found a cheese that say FETA LIGHT CHEESE here are the nutr. facts:
per 100 gm ( which i have no idea what it is in tsp conversion) hhhhh
calories: 114
fat- 6gm
carbs:- 5gm
minerals: 2gm

tell me what u think because i am craving cheese
Old 07-06-2011, 01:43 AM   #126
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Quote:
Thats what we get here-always peeled!!!!!!
Old 07-06-2011, 01:46 AM   #127
Big Yapper!!!!

Als-i think you did great!!
Old 07-06-2011, 01:48 AM   #128
Big Yapper!!!!

Nermo-the fat and carbs in the feta light are a little higher than the cottage cheese. But I think it looks ok, if you only have a little!! Mmm i looove feta cheese-but there's def no light version in Germany!!
Old 07-06-2011, 05:23 AM   #129
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Hazelsmrf
Stats: 303/152/150
WOE: VSG surgery
Start Date: November 8th 2012
Down 1.8 today, awesome!

One thing I've noticed so far in my weight loss is that I haven't gained weight from any of my "free meals". The next day I'm always the SAME weight, but not higher, and the day after I drop.
Old 07-06-2011, 05:56 AM   #130
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

WTG on the losing all!

als, I think you did brilliantly. You went to a gunfight well armed. Your off plan choices were hardly far off.
Can't stand beer either, blech...but let me show you a huge pot of arroz con pollo made with cerveza and I am all over it. Maybe not, I haven't had rice in eighteen months.

As far as dealing with prying minds.........
a) people are envious of those with control
b) you really are close to goal
c) screw them, it's your body and your life, choose wisely

Nerm, if feta is what you crave, then light is a good choice. i take it there are no cheddars or swiss there. How about some goat cheese? It's versatile and wonderful.
I've heard the markets there-open air-are a paradise. Love ethnic food!

Must get peeled raw shrimps!

Back from the two mile walk, the bugs are killer. Huge deer flies, I was in jeans and a hoodie tied tightly around my head. Hopefully our cool front will keep them at bay tomorrow.

Too hot to cook and I'm hungry! Off to dig out tuna...............have a great day y'all!
Old 07-06-2011, 06:01 AM   #131
Senior LCF Member

Location: at present and resentfully TX..Will be leaving soon
Gallery: PsychDoc3
Stats: 261/128/140 (5'5")
WOE: Atkins/Stillman's
Start Date: Atkins(Jan 2010)Stillman's(March 2011)
Hello Hello Hello Out There!

Sorry I haven't checked in for awhile. I have been sooo busy at work...It seems like June and the beginning of July are sooo busy at the hospital...Especially this weekend with Independence Day...I am also taking cases at the Jail now and that is a different story all together.

I reached my goal a few weeks ago and I wanted to come on and tell everyone, but I kept on getting tied up every time I wanted to look at the thread. I need to catch up with everyone, but reading responses so give me time to do that..I started jogging again a week ago which really helps me maintain..I have incorporated a few salads here and there and almonds/walnuts/dry roasted peanuts and macadamian nuts into my diet along with a few wedges of lauging cow cheese...I will not touch cashews or pistachios, because I am not ready to have a few of those...I certainly know my limitations...No bread or any other carby stuff..Just the above items have been incorporated the last fews weeks along with jogging in the early morning hours of 4-5 outside because it is 99 degrees in Houston and in the morning it ranges between 70 and 80...So perfect weather for an hour jog before work...My weight has stayed between 128 and 131 so that is something I'm happy with....

Again, I'll catch up later today...Take care all my Stilly's and I'll talk with you later...
Old 07-06-2011, 06:40 AM   #132
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

well, look who crawled out of the ward! Congrats on goal!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-06-2011, 06:55 AM   #133
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychDoc3 View Post
Hello Hello Hello Out There!

Sorry I haven't checked in for awhile. I have been sooo busy at work...It seems like June and the beginning of July are sooo busy at the hospital...Especially this weekend with Independence Day...I am also taking cases at the Jail now and that is a different story all together.

I reached my goal a few weeks ago and I wanted to come on and tell everyone, but I kept on getting tied up every time I wanted to look at the thread. I need to catch up with everyone, but reading responses so give me time to do that..I started jogging again a week ago which really helps me maintain..I have incorporated a few salads here and there and almonds/walnuts/dry roasted peanuts and macadamian nuts into my diet along with a few wedges of lauging cow cheese...I will not touch cashews or pistachios, because I am not ready to have a few of those...I certainly know my limitations...No bread or any other carby stuff..Just the above items have been incorporated the last fews weeks along with jogging in the early morning hours of 4-5 outside because it is 99 degrees in Houston and in the morning it ranges between 70 and 80...So perfect weather for an hour jog before work...My weight has stayed between 128 and 131 so that is something I'm happy with....

Again, I'll catch up later today...Take care all my Stilly's and I'll talk with you later...
YAYYYYYY!!!! Woohoo!!! Congrats on your goal....I can't wait until I can say that!! So happy for you!!
Old 07-06-2011, 06:56 AM   #134
Senior LCF Member

Oh, one point I want to make...I can certainly see your point of view GT after reaching goal...Because I have done it, I want to lower even more so because I know I can...But, I have patients everyday with eating disorders at the jail not at the hospital that I treat and I never want to have that hang up..The temptation to go lower is there though...I hope that I continue my healthy eating of different lettuce leaves every few days along with my chicken, tuna and turkey...You know, I have comepletely cut out red meat without really thinking about it. I haven't eaten pork for a long time, but beef is also not on my radar either...Although, I might eat a steak this weekend when my sister and I get together for our 'sister date night'....'Horrible Bosses' is coming out this weekend and I want to see it so bad...

I have officially caught up and I must say, there are some very strong and courageous women on this thread doing there thang and getting the weight off..I do remember GT and your nutella balls....Yes your advice is the best when it comes to anything chocolate....Everybody is being so supportive and really being there for one another..It cannot be any better than this....I thought of everyone often when I was MIA, but I never forgot any of you..It is just that my time was not my own and I'm certainly a workaholic...I know, I need to take a break and everyone says it, but I enjoy helping people and it is all I've ever wanted to do with my life....Be there for my patients and be thankful that I am in a position to help as many people as I can...I will be going on vacation for two weeks in August to Spain, Portugal and France, but until then, I'm a work horse for the people....Take care everyone and enjoy your day...
Old 07-06-2011, 07:00 AM   #135
Senior LCF Member

Hey CC and Mom2...I am soooooo sorry I've been gone...This is one of the few places I can relax and see what is going on is other peoples' lives without the added 'psychosis'...Thanks Mom2....You see to be doing well...I always think about you when I pass by the YMCA with the big sign about Zumba classes....
Old 07-06-2011, 07:48 AM   #136
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Hello my friends!!!! i think about ya all the time, but can't seem to ever get on the pc these days! I hope everyone is doing well!!

So, I have been totally enjoying my summer with the kids!! We've been keeping our schedule busy with pools, parks, beaches, movies, chuckycheese!! a trip to Boston is next to visit the aquarium. (Plus I need to scope the place out cause my Britney show is coming up next month) we're also making plans to camp and canoe next week!! I always feel so guilty leavin you guys, but know I can't put a peice of chicken or a spoonful of tuna in my mouth without thinking of ya!!

I have been pretty much off plan, but today is the day for a fresh start!! Im drinking my coffee black, and plan to have the extra weight I put on, off by next week!!! The carbs were fun in the moment, but the aftermath is horrible. Sooo hard to get back on, but I will do it!

HUGS,
AL
Old 07-06-2011, 08:17 AM   #137
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 195/195/175 5'3.5
WOE: stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011 Restart June 2014
Morning!

So I have yet to fully get back on plan but I am on the boards and getting back into the mind set and this is helping hopefully I will be right back into the weight loss next week after maintainig for the last few months my weight is starting to creep up to 151, too much salt and not enough water is probably not helping the situation either haha
Old 07-06-2011, 08:38 AM   #138
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sallyb
Stats: 210/193/154
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: May 2011
Quote:
Lyle McDonald - Bodyrecomposition

that's his site I think
Cheers
Old 07-06-2011, 09:13 AM   #139
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nermo
Stats: 272/198 /180 for now
WOE: Stillman
Start Date: jan2010
ok all another chocolate sabatoge! I will be back when I am ready to stay on plan..... hopefully i'll see you all soon
Old 07-06-2011, 10:32 AM   #140
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Nermo one bite of chocolate (or five) will not kill your weightloss, don't start "later", just get back on track right now. You can do it!
Old 07-06-2011, 11:53 AM   #141
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
well, look who crawled out of the ward!
oh God-nearly spewed my tea!!!!
Old 07-06-2011, 11:55 AM   #142
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:

As far as dealing with prying minds.........
a) people are envious of those with control
b) you really are close to goal
c) screw them, it's your body and your life, choose wisely
love it, CC!!
Old 07-06-2011, 11:57 AM   #143
Big Yapper!!!!

Psych--you reached goal---AND THEN SOME!!!!!!:cla p:
Old 07-06-2011, 11:59 AM   #144
Big Yapper!!!!

Actually I was gonna say --and you kicked it right out of The ball park--or something!! I don't really know that phrase--but I've heard it lots on American TV-just can't remember it properly!
So, I'd thought ye'd all laugh!! Then I tnought what the heck!! I'm used to being blonde!!
Old 07-06-2011, 11:59 AM   #145
Big Yapper!!!!

Oh and with everyone reaching goal-I gotta step up my game!!!
Old 07-06-2011, 12:10 PM   #146
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
Hello my friends!!!! i think about ya all the time, but can't seem to ever get on the pc these days! I hope everyone is doing well!!

So, I have been totally enjoying my summer with the kids!! We've been keeping our schedule busy with pools, parks, beaches, movies, chuckycheese!! a trip to Boston is next to visit the aquarium. (Plus I need to scope the place out cause my Britney show is coming up next month) we're also making plans to camp and canoe next week!! I always feel so guilty leavin you guys, but know I can't put a peice of chicken or a spoonful of tuna in my mouth without thinking of ya!!

I have been pretty much off plan, but today is the day for a fresh start!! Im drinking my coffee black, and plan to have the extra weight I put on, off by next week!!! The carbs were fun in the moment, but the aftermath is horrible. Sooo hard to get back on, but I will do it!

HUGS,
AL
Hey Al!!, lots and lots of hugs!!! And keep having lots of fun with the kiddirs!, they're gonna grow up waaay to fast!!
Old 07-06-2011, 12:10 PM   #147
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazelsmrf View Post
Nermo one bite of chocolate (or five) will not kill your weightloss, don't start "later", just get back on track right now. You can do it!
Agreed!!!
Old 07-06-2011, 12:33 PM   #148
Big Yapper!!!!

Yup Psych-the temptation is definitely always there to lower goal. And cutting stuff out little by little is the slippery slope. I do it too. Dieting is definitely addictive. The less you eat the easier it gets. If the scale moves down, then yippee, you're doing something right, so you better continue cutting, if it doesn't, uh oh, you better cut something else out!! Either way, cut!
As for goal, it's like you thought you'd look perfect at X, then you arrive there and no, it's not as good as you thought. So you lower it, cos when you reach Y then you'll definitely be perfect! Then oopsie you reach Y and yup not so perfect ther either, and so on.......
But I had the ED as a teenager so I just accept that the thoughts will always be there. I probably never thought I'd be anywhere near that again but as I said dieting is addictive.

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!(not even chocolate!)
Old 07-06-2011, 01:10 PM   #149
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Out of curiosity Getting There, what size clothing are you wearing now? I'm 5'6" as well and I had always figured a good target would be around 145, but you're going 40 pounds lower than that... I guess I am medium boned (when I circle my wrist with my thumb and middle finger they just barely touch).
Old 07-06-2011, 01:31 PM   #150
Big Yapper!!!!

I take a UK 6 mostly-oh not in skinny jeans!! Some day.....!! Iin places that don't do it an 8. Eur32. I think it's a US 2-4. Going by Topshop and H+M labels!!
I don't really subscribe to the big or small boned thing! I wrote a ranty post about it once!! The reason being, that you lose so much weight off your wrist, so when you're overweight, you think you're big boned but when you actually lose the weight, you realise how small your wrist actually is, when the fat is gone.
Closed Thread