Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2011, 02:53 PM   #61
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Hazelsmrf
Stats: 303/152/150
WOE: VSG surgery
Start Date: November 8th 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissym View Post
Julie, I used the stack too when I was body building and when I would need extra "amping up" for long runs (when I ran regularly). But I was uncomfortable with my heart madly pounding. I relate to what you said about one cheat leads to another. That is why I keep having to restart here. It is frustrating. So I have to just decide to NOT have a cheat meal.
From that study from above it seems that your body gets used to the stack after 4 weeks, but that's a long time to deal with unpleasant side effects!

Honestly I have to say that I'm just ending week 1 of this but I have seen such a change in my mental state re:cheats.

5 years ago when I quit smoking, I read a book "Allen Carr's Easy Way to Quit Smoking". I didn't want to quit smoking, I loved it. But I had bronchitis and it seemed like a good idea. I had never been one for self help books, I thought they were pretty much bull, but I read it, and it changed my perception, the way I saw things... and I haven't had a cigarette since then! Not one slip up. I went from smoking 30+ cigarettes a day, from freaking out when I had less than 5 left in the house (heaven forbid I'd be stuck in a house with no cigarettes!) to peace. All it took was a shift in how I thought. Well I have to say that I feel such a shift after reading the Quick Fat Loss Handbook, but also his Guide to Flexible Dieting. I am realizing that my all or nothing attitude is not helping me, in fact my gung-ho attitude to dieting is what causes me to fail. I'm 100% commited to my diet, I am hardcore about it, I cut out ALL crap... I eat clean, 100% of the time... until I inevitably stumble. And that stumble is diet death, that stumble is FAILURE with a capital F. That stumble is "I can't do it!" or "It's too hard!". That stumble is "I've already messed up, I may as well eat this other food that I'm craving because I'll never be able to have it again, never ever ever ever". Or at least not for months and months because NEXT TIME I will do it right and not cheat. So then I start again, and once again I'm 100% commited, only this time too I am doomed to fail eventually. It may be in a week, or in a month, but one day something off plan will be eaten and the nasty cycle starts again. I get angry at myself, I wonder at my lack of self control... I know that if I eat carbs then it's a downward spiral... I know that eating something off plan makes me crave EVERYTHING, and so I've never allowed myself to cheat, and look how well that's working out for me!

So the simple but really important change in thinking for me, is that one "free meal" (I shouldnt' call them cheats, because they're not) is not failure. Not feeling like failure means I don't beat myself up. I can actually enjoy my meal without guilt and MOVE ON. I was afraid that the pattern would repeat itself and that the free meal would turn into a free week but it hasn't happened! I have been kidding myself this WHOLE TIME that it was the insulin monster that made me cheat, that I somehow was so insulin resistant that the little taste of sugar would make me crave it too much. It was a load of bull. I was sabotaging myself.

So while it has only been a week, I feel like I've been more successful than I have in a long time because I've eaten two free meals and they have NOT led to binges, they have stopped right when they should have, and I have had zero issues getting right back on track. And getting on track hasn't been a problem, because I'm always only a max of 3-4 days away from a new free meal.

I'm happy!

Sponsored Links
Old 07-03-2011, 03:57 PM   #62
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: chrissym
Stats: 140/133/120...5'2"
WOE: 1st 5 lbs w/Stillman's rest Stillman's w/HCG
Start Date: July 4, 2011
That is a much better way to look at it. That is really healthy.
Old 07-03-2011, 08:27 PM   #63
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
OK guys no replies as I plan to be in a mint julep coma momentarily..this is a drive by, I hope you wil laugh when reading it tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Oh 'fair usage applies' ---KILLS me!!!!! Oh I got a huge bill from Vodafone( my cell fone provider) years ago and I was on a all-inclusive tarif, I rang up livid!!, and the guy goes but you must be using it for business, noone could talk that long, one time you were on the fone for 2 and a half hrs!!!!! Oooopsie!! They've since been made to be more fair!!
OMg they had a piece on 60 minutes about phone rage and sucky customer service, one lady took a hammer and went berserk LOL
Quote:
Ooooh I wanna go to Toojay's!!! I'm drooling!! And it's too cool you can get an egg-white omelette. Ha! If you asked for that here-the looks you'd get!!
Actually I'd love to try it, just to see what would happen!!
OMG EW omelettes are da bomb over here everyone will do them if u ask.....whip those waiters into shape girl!
Quote:
Oh seriously drooling!!! I could eat peppers and onions all day long!!
O and let me exit to the next flat while you gas like a hot air balloon.like I always do after eating them haaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahaha
Quote:
Originally Posted by nermo View Post
ok againnnnnnnnnnnnnnn with the freekin' nutella! What the hell is wrong with me uggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. I am starting to hate myself!
well, yer human, er, um, it's okay we all are
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazelsmrf View Post
Squirt some dish soap into the nutella jar, I feel for you... Nutella is a weak spot for me.
just scoop some cat poop into it and be dooooooooooooone
Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
OMG. . my family is eating a big ole bag of lays cheddar and sour cream potato Chips. . .OMG> . I wanna dive into the bag. . but I won't . .I'm strong. . I can do this. .
O girl, look at that on the page and tell me your inner cave girl isn't going HURL potatoes evil kill me now
Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
Eating chicken.. very well done, I might ad. . I counted on my oldest to get off grill while I was working. . lets just say. . it was on fire by the time he took it off. . No worries. . I just consider it extra flavoring. . makes chewing fun, either way!!
good for your teeth ask any cave girl or kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyone View Post
Does anyone do just meat and egg days?
LOL is there any other kind of day

CSI Miami now....home sweet home

gnite gals love you all

GT Kate is not old she's classy, but you will need another ten years to so get that so

enjoy your youth, it will be fond to remember later

punk kid

Last edited by CCGirl; 07-03-2011 at 08:28 PM..
Old 07-03-2011, 10:02 PM   #64
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/176/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
I will admit. . tough day! For some reason. .stuff was really bothering me. . but I think it was because I was anchored to my lap top all day. . the kids were outside playing and hubby was working and I was stuck indoors working (again). . Everything and I do mean, everything. . was calling my name. .

I almost made it. . but then I had several bites of Watermelon squares. . it started with just one .. Ugg.. but the good news. . I didnt' eat the whole watermelon. or the ice cream .strawberries or Hush Puppies my kids brought home!! (((SIGH)) from Long Johns!!!

Last edited by IM2fat; 07-03-2011 at 10:05 PM..
Old 07-04-2011, 04:42 AM   #65
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nermo
Stats: 272/198 /180 for now
WOE: Stillman
Start Date: jan2010
208 today I had no idean the nutella would do this much damage. Anyway I was good all day yesterday!!!!!!!!!!! And I am starting today off pretty good. I just wanna get a full week of stillman's under my belt.
Happy 4th everyone!!!!! this should be great for all BBQ chicken and meat, That's how all occasions should beeeeeeeeee!!
Old 07-04-2011, 07:00 AM   #66
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Hazelsmrf
Stats: 303/152/150
WOE: VSG surgery
Start Date: November 8th 2012
Week 1 of my PSMF experiment is done, down 5.6 pounds! I was coming off of a week of low carb the week before, bringing me to 11 pounds as my 2 week total. I'm happy with that!
Old 07-04-2011, 09:25 AM   #67
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 195/195/175 5'3.5
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post

Mar! Where are you, any chance of a Catherine sighting?
haha not yet But I am keeping my eyes open! when the Queen was in Canada last she came to Winnipeg and I got stuck in traffic as she drove by and had no idea it was her:blush: haha, they then renamed a section of the to street she drove down to Queen Elizabeth way... I was very annoyed at the time but now I can't remember what it was called before
Old 07-04-2011, 09:43 AM   #68
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Did not weigh in this morning. . decided I'll save that for later in the week. . .

Sooo.. how did everyone do this weekend? I'm considering mine a success although I did mouth a few chunks of watermelon! I avoided everything else and woke up feeling refreshed today. .REady to take on the world.

Check in gals! Lets report how we did!!

Last edited by IM2fat; 07-04-2011 at 09:49 AM..
Old 07-04-2011, 09:44 AM   #69
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
208 today I had no idean the nutella would do this much damage. Anyway I was good all day yesterday!!!!!!!!!!! And I am starting today off pretty good. I just wanna get a full week of stillman's under my belt.
Happy 4th everyone!!!!! this should be great for all BBQ chicken and meat, That's how all occasions should beeeeeeeeee!!
Keep that positive attitude Nermo. . you are much stronger than that stupid jar of Nutella!!
Old 07-04-2011, 09:48 AM   #70
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

SMurf: I am so happy that your program seems to be working for you. I think I need to review what you are doing, myself to see if it will work for me.. . That way. When I see that big bowl of watermelon in my refrigerator. . I wont' feel so guilty waiting to have some. There are just some things that I really, really, really miss while doing low carb. .fruit and veggies top the list. .

Gonna make the kids soup today as I've been a terrible cook since starting QWL again.
Old 07-04-2011, 10:08 AM   #71
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Cyone
Stats: To hit 199 by 08/27/2012
WOE: 17 Day Diet Cycles 1-4
Start Date: August 2011
Hey everyone and Happy 4th of July!

Did well for my weekend challenge and even with Sunday being my cheat day I still lost .4 this morning! will definitely take it.

Just made me a Stillman salad (I'm on 14 Day ShapeUp) before my inlaws bbq, I got smart and asked what the menu was so I can be prepared, so planning ahead I ate a big salad so I'm not going hungry. I plan on eating fish, grilled burgers, salad and as much water as possible.
Old 07-04-2011, 10:47 AM   #72
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 195/195/175 5'3.5
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011
I am up to 151 today after this weekend I know it always evenes out by Wednesday it just sucks because I was restarting today so it feels like its that much more to lose!

But after my Puppy related Breakdown yesterday I ate an entire bag of chips! but it made me feel better.

For those who don't know me I foster rescue dogs and right now I have my 2 dogs (one who is very big! and one 7 month old puppy, who is also pretty big) and 6-7 week old puppies, I got them when they were 3 weeks old very cute and tiny and now they get into everything! I also just got a Boxer cross in who is about a year old so I have 8 dogs in my house all under a a year and a half.

I got a little stressed yesterday when they all wanted my attention at once and were all trying to play in my tiny living room while I was trying to clean it and my Dog was barking at them to try and calm them down, its been so hot here I can't walk them til night or I can do it early in the morning but I had slept in Yesterday so it had to wait and I haven't been able to bike and rollerblade myself which is what I normally do to wind down.

So all that led to me eating a whole bag of chips with chip dip all to myself and normally it wouldn't matter because I would exercise it off but I couldn't because I would have passed out from the heat and now to top it off I am up 2 pounds
Old 07-04-2011, 02:56 PM   #73
Senior LCF Member

IM- I know what u mean about the fruits and veggies, I miss them lots too. I never thought I'd say that!! hehehehehehe

Mar-Don't let those pesky 2 pounds get u down - they'll be off in no time!

Cyone- good planning ahead, I love how you're so thoughtful with your plan

Hazel - Great job girl 11 pounds - 2 weeks

Hope you all had a great 4th of July, truly missing the fireworks this year!
Old 07-04-2011, 04:58 PM   #74
Major LCF Poster!

Made it through the cookout mostly on plan!

Today I had:
Breakfast:
Lettuce,cucumbers,onions,turkey and lt ranch dressing
Lunch:
3 pieces of fish
Lettuce, tomatoes, turkey and ham
1 piece of corn
20 oz of water
And I feel a bit bad about this but I drunk a liter of diet coke, but that's better than eating way off plan.
Dinner I'm thinking another salad and as a treat some carb smart ice cream

Not bad for a holiday.
Old 07-04-2011, 07:03 PM   #75
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

happy fourth everyone, and if you have never seen Mona Lisa Smile with Julia Roberts you have missed a good one.
The closing track to the movie, being performed live now at the Capitol 4th Gala by Josh Groban, is precious. Every time I see tha movie it's 'Niagara Falls' (old Three Stooges term foor crying)

Smile though your heart is aching
Smile even though it's breaking
When there are clouds in the sky, you'll get by
If you smile through your fear and sorrow
Smile and maybe tomorrow
You'll see the sun come shining through for you

Light up your face with gladness
Hide every trace of sadness
Although a tear may be ever so near
That's the time you must keep on trying
Smile, what's the use of crying?
You'll find that life is still worthwhile
If you just smile

That's the time you must keep on trying
Smile, what's the use of crying?
You'll find that life is still worthwhile
If you just smile

Mar, you're a good mommy re the puppy episode, sometimes a deep breath and an 'I Love You' is a better timeout.........with ten cats in the casa y spa de los gatos I take plenty of them.

I am waiting for the REAL 4th celebration to start...the Boston Pops gala. The NYC one is starting now....it will have to do for now. Nothing beats a patriotic holiday in Boston.
Old 07-04-2011, 07:08 PM   #76
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

cy you did well. WOOT!

IM I thought we all agreed you were going to poop in the nutella jar

I did okay, I had some italian sausage and some broccoli with marinara and it wasn't the wet dream it used to be so I threw it out and maybe a half cup of FF cottage cheese

yesterday about the same 'cept kitties were staring me down in the kitchen so I woofed some chicken so they could have the bones

I haven't told them about the lamb chops in the fridge yet, it will be a fist (paw) fight

Last edited by CCGirl; 07-04-2011 at 07:10 PM..
Old 07-04-2011, 07:24 PM   #77
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

body double......

Nick Lachey, country singer

Jeff Gordon, race car driver

Old 07-04-2011, 07:27 PM   #78
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Last edited by CCGirl; 07-04-2011 at 07:29 PM..
Old 07-04-2011, 07:40 PM   #79
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Old 07-04-2011, 07:41 PM   #80
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Old 07-04-2011, 07:42 PM   #81
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Old 07-04-2011, 07:54 PM   #82
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

This performance of Whitney's is on display in the Smithsonian next to the actual Star Spangled Banner (original flag the song is based on). Also, after the Super Bowl that year, people were so moved that it was released as a single (all proceeds going to military charities) and became a Billboard top 10 hit.

Old 07-04-2011, 07:57 PM   #83
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

good night loves and hug a soldier........

I do it all the time, it never gets old, plus, they're so young and firm
Old 07-04-2011, 10:10 PM   #84
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: It'stime
Stats: 173/180/120
WOE: Atkins72 five days/Stillmans 2 days
Start Date: November 1st, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
good night loves and hug a soldier........

I do it all the time, it never gets old, plus, they're so young and firm
Old 07-04-2011, 10:12 PM   #85
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: It'stime
Stats: 173/180/120
WOE: Atkins72 five days/Stillmans 2 days
Start Date: November 1st, 2014
Well I made it through today on stillmans and just want to try another day! I hope to be able to just make one more day with you all....Then maybe I'll try the next....

Happy 4th to you all!
Old 07-05-2011, 03:00 AM   #86
Senior LCF Member

207 today down 1 yayyyyyyyyyyy I am back in the game!
Old 07-05-2011, 03:49 AM   #87
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: vivibee
Stats: 5'8 226/144/140
WOE: Low carb with Stillman's QWL
Start Date: january 14, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazelsmrf View Post
From that study from above it seems that your body gets used to the stack after 4 weeks, but that's a long time to deal with unpleasant side effects!

Honestly I have to say that I'm just ending week 1 of this but I have seen such a change in my mental state re:cheats.

5 years ago when I quit smoking, I read a book "Allen Carr's Easy Way to Quit Smoking". I didn't want to quit smoking, I loved it. But I had bronchitis and it seemed like a good idea. I had never been one for self help books, I thought they were pretty much bull, but I read it, and it changed my perception, the way I saw things... and I haven't had a cigarette since then! Not one slip up. I went from smoking 30+ cigarettes a day, from freaking out when I had less than 5 left in the house (heaven forbid I'd be stuck in a house with no cigarettes!) to peace. All it took was a shift in how I thought. Well I have to say that I feel such a shift after reading the Quick Fat Loss Handbook, but also his Guide to Flexible Dieting. I am realizing that my all or nothing attitude is not helping me, in fact my gung-ho attitude to dieting is what causes me to fail. I'm 100% commited to my diet, I am hardcore about it, I cut out ALL crap... I eat clean, 100% of the time... until I inevitably stumble. And that stumble is diet death, that stumble is FAILURE with a capital F. That stumble is "I can't do it!" or "It's too hard!". That stumble is "I've already messed up, I may as well eat this other food that I'm craving because I'll never be able to have it again, never ever ever ever". Or at least not for months and months because NEXT TIME I will do it right and not cheat. So then I start again, and once again I'm 100% commited, only this time too I am doomed to fail eventually. It may be in a week, or in a month, but one day something off plan will be eaten and the nasty cycle starts again. I get angry at myself, I wonder at my lack of self control... I know that if I eat carbs then it's a downward spiral... I know that eating something off plan makes me crave EVERYTHING, and so I've never allowed myself to cheat, and look how well that's working out for me!

So the simple but really important change in thinking for me, is that one "free meal" (I shouldnt' call them cheats, because they're not) is not failure. Not feeling like failure means I don't beat myself up. I can actually enjoy my meal without guilt and MOVE ON. I was afraid that the pattern would repeat itself and that the free meal would turn into a free week but it hasn't happened! I have been kidding myself this WHOLE TIME that it was the insulin monster that made me cheat, that I somehow was so insulin resistant that the little taste of sugar would make me crave it too much. It was a load of bull. I was sabotaging myself.

So while it has only been a week, I feel like I've been more successful than I have in a long time because I've eaten two free meals and they have NOT led to binges, they have stopped right when they should have, and I have had zero issues getting right back on track. And getting on track hasn't been a problem, because I'm always only a max of 3-4 days away from a new free meal.

I'm happy!
Wow, I completely related to this cycle. Thank you so much for sharing this. You are a wealth of good info Julie and I think you have such a smart approach - wanting to lose the weight rapidly but also thinking about the long view. I'm in the maintaining mode for now, not quite at dream goal but at a weight that works for me and I realize how easy it is to be gripped by the cycle you describe. Having awareness of it has made a big difference for me. I just kinda go, "there you are doing that thing you do" and it calms me down a bit.
Old 07-05-2011, 06:17 AM   #88
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by It'stime View Post
Well I made it through today on stillmans and just want to try another day! I hope to be able to just make one more day with you all....Then maybe I'll try the next....

Happy 4th to you all!
Just take it one day at a time and you just may surprise yourself
Old 07-05-2011, 06:22 AM   #89
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning all!!

Down 1.6 today Loving it not bad at all for a holiday so glad I stayed on track
A total of 5.5 lbs for Stillmans since I started last week, even with 4 off days. Fully committed to plan today hopefully just meat,eggs, and salad this week and to hit the 10lb loss mark.

Have a great day ladies!
Old 07-05-2011, 06:23 AM   #90
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
207 today down 1 yayyyyyyyyyyy I am back in the game!
Get it girl!
Closed Thread