Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2011, 11:38 AM   #601
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
I know!

I find it harder to stay on plan when there isn't anyone for me to talk to
Well, I'm here... day two for me and going well. I have been eating a lot of mussels...they have a really small amount of carbs...not sure if they are on the OK list though, will have to check. Tonight's dinner will be chicken with a little balsamic, garlic and rosemary.
Probs add a little shaved parmesan as a small amount of cheese does not seem to be a problem for me. I am not getting the lack of appetite thing yet...maybe tomorrow.

Last edited by makemeslim; 07-28-2011 at 11:43 AM..

Sponsored Links
Old 07-28-2011, 12:18 PM   #602
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 195/195/175 5'3.5
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
Well, I'm here... day two for me and going well. I have been eating a lot of mussels...they have a really small amount of carbs...not sure if they are on the OK list though, will have to check. Tonight's dinner will be chicken with a little balsamic, garlic and rosemary.
Probs add a little shaved parmesan as a small amount of cheese does not seem to be a problem for me. I am not getting the lack of appetite thing yet...maybe tomorrow.
Yeah I was doing good and then I had a couple days off plan so now I have to supress my appetite again.

I am going camping for 3 days starting tomorrow I am going to have a hard time staying on plan I think.
Old 07-28-2011, 12:19 PM   #603
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Yeah I was doing good and then I had a couple days off plan so now I have to supress my appetite again.

I am going camping for 3 days starting tomorrow I am going to have a hard time staying on plan I think.
Plenty of meat on the barbie should do it. Even if you have to go a little high fat.
Old 07-28-2011, 12:25 PM   #604
Major LCF Poster!

Its oh so quiet, shhhh, shhhh.
Old 07-28-2011, 01:38 PM   #605
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: johnsa37
Stats: 155.4 (post-partum) /155.4/130
WOE: Low carb to drop the baby weight :)
Start Date: Dec. 1, 2014
I am here!! My Stillman's adventure has been going great so far. I was down 2 pounds after two days, and I have not weighed myself since. My work pants are definitely fitting looser though

Today so far I've had a hb egg and about 5 ounces of boneless skinless chicken breasts. Lean steak for dinner with a fried egg on top
Old 07-28-2011, 01:50 PM   #606
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macc0021 View Post
I am here!! My Stillman's adventure has been going great so far. I was down 2 pounds after two days, and I have not weighed myself since. My work pants are definitely fitting looser though

Today so far I've had a hb egg and about 5 ounces of boneless skinless chicken breasts. Lean steak for dinner with a fried egg on top
Hi Macc...how long have you been doing Stillman's? Has your appetite decreased? I am eating quite a bit.
Old 07-28-2011, 01:53 PM   #607
Major LCF Poster!

I ate 3 chicken breast for lunch today, I don't know if I will eat more for dinner or not
Old 07-28-2011, 03:19 PM   #608
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
sorry, it got to be me just shooting from the hips with no responses so I didn't want to be the clown talking to herself..........O, I just gave myself up, didn't I

Quote:
Actually meant garlic mussels
MMS I luv mussels but never know what to do with them..........recipes, please????
Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
What a trying day I've had. My oldest and I woke up early and took our bikes to the Farmer's Market and then we were planning to go to the soup kitchen to volunteer. My other son decided (after football practice) to join us. On the way there, he was hit by a car! Thankfully, he is OK. . just a sore ankle. .but can you imagine that phone call? I was about 5 miles away (on my bike) so I had to high tail it back to allow the ambulance to release him. . Needless to say, I got my workout out of the way early, today!! He sure had a guardian angel on this shoulder. Thank the Lord!!!

So . .how was your day??
OMG OMG OMG 1-800-LAW-1010 !
Quote:
Feeling a little nervous...I just bought a leather bed for my sons room...you know the ones, they have been around for a while. Thing is I am suppose to be saving, so DH is going to be, well not at all happy. I found it on ebay in a furniture shop and you know what its like...I just placed a little bid and then kind of got carried away. Now I'm thinking I had better put something on there to kind of compensate...I have a vintage Prada bag...have not used it in a while because its really formal...sort of thing that comes out for funerals or court appearances. What to do?
MM, your son is into S&M ? and you let him?

feather bed, perhaps?
Quote:
I know!

I find it harder to stay on plan when there isn't anyone for me to talk to
OK OK guys I'll try to keep the ship together while certain rats to remain unnamed have abandoned ship
Quote:
hmmm....balsamic garlic and rosemary...I needed something to perk up that chick in the fridge! Thank you!
Quote:

keep it going girl!!!!!!!!!!

phones are quiet....the economy, or lack thereof, has people really scared.....

why fix your car when you may not be able to buy food in a week.....
Old 07-28-2011, 03:53 PM   #609
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
sorry, it got to be me just shooting from the hips with no responses so I didn't want to be the clown talking to herself..........O, I just gave myself up, didn't I

MMS I luv mussels but never know what to do with them..........recipes, please????

OMG OMG OMG 1-800-LAW-1010 !

MM, your son is into S&M ? and you let him?

feather bed, perhaps?

OK OK guys I'll try to keep the ship together while certain rats to remain unnamed have abandoned ship

hmmm....balsamic garlic and rosemary...I needed something to perk up that chick in the fridge! Thank you!

keep it going girl!!!!!!!!!!

phones are quiet....the economy, or lack thereof, has people really scared.....

why fix your car when you may not be able to buy food in a week.....
Coz I am easing myself in to Stillman's I allowed myself a small amount of fat... I cooked them in a knob of Lurpak garlic butter. They loose a lot of water so most of the butter stays in the pan. I bought them already shelled, they were delish.

S&M? Hope not he is only 11!
Old 07-28-2011, 04:18 PM   #610
Major LCF Poster!

Off to bed now guys, nighty.
Hope I get a good nights sleep, I got up 3 times last night to use the loo and I have not stopped all day...must be all the water leaving my bod.

Last edited by makemeslim; 07-28-2011 at 04:21 PM..
Old 07-28-2011, 04:42 PM   #611
Major LCF Poster!

Man I feel nauseous today I had 3 chicken breasts for lunch but that's all I had today so I either ate too much at once or The appetite suppression is kicking in finally
Old 07-29-2011, 12:49 AM   #612
Major LCF Poster!

Down 2lb this morning...that's 6lb in two days.
Old 07-29-2011, 09:12 AM   #613
Senior LCF Member

I've been doing it for about two weeks now - but it is more of a modified version. I do allow myself some fats. My appetite has gone WAY down. I would be satisfied with about 700 calories per day, but usually eat about 1200. I have been in ketosis since the end of June, so that definitely helps with the appetite suppression!
Old 07-29-2011, 01:01 PM   #614
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Coz I am easing myself in to Stillman's I allowed myself a small amount of fat... I cooked them in a knob of Lurpak garlic butter. They loose a lot of water so most of the butter stays in the pan. I bought them already shelled, they were delish.

S&M? Hope not he is only 11!
LOL I think you mistyped leather bed..........feather perhaps?
Old 07-29-2011, 01:02 PM   #615
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Man I feel nauseous today I had 3 chicken breasts for lunch but that's all I had today so I either ate too much at once or The appetite suppression is kicking in finally
ugh, you poor kid........... get some Tums......
Old 07-30-2011, 06:41 AM   #616
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

morning all.......how goes the battle?
Old 07-30-2011, 06:47 AM   #617
Senior LCF Member

Fine... except I am a bit nervous because I have my first bridal shower today!!! I know the food options will be atrocious...
Old 07-30-2011, 06:48 AM   #618
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

this is a horrible thing to ask, but here goes.

my dad and his wife are meeting me for lunch tomorrow. I haven't seen her in awhile except in pictures of the Germany trip they took this month. She's huge.

Sad part is when they were dating she lost a lot and got down to a ten and looked fab, she was doing Overeaters Anon and was eating LC, whether she knew it was LC or not I will never know; then her last year of teaching she stressed way out, gained it all and then some.

Too boot her younger sister has apparently lost a ton recently.

Beleive me, I know the agony of 'why am I gaining' and the emotional episodes of despair.

I'm planning on dressing down and not wearing anything clingy/revealing.......any advice??????
Old 07-30-2011, 06:49 AM   #619
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Fine... except I am a bit nervous because I have my first bridal shower today!!! I know the food options will be atrocious...
awww, honey, let it slide, it's a once in a life event for her.......so cram some turkey burgers before you go!
Old 07-30-2011, 08:35 AM   #620
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
awww, honey, let it slide, it's a once in a life event for her.......so cram some turkey burgers before you go!
It's MY bridal shower!
Old 07-31-2011, 06:50 AM   #621
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
this is a horrible thing to ask, but here goes.

my dad and his wife are meeting me for lunch tomorrow. I haven't seen her in awhile except in pictures of the Germany trip they took this month. She's huge.

Sad part is when they were dating she lost a lot and got down to a ten and looked fab, she was doing Overeaters Anon and was eating LC, whether she knew it was LC or not I will never know; then her last year of teaching she stressed way out, gained it all and then some.

Too boot her younger sister has apparently lost a ton recently.

Beleive me, I know the agony of 'why am I gaining' and the emotional episodes of despair.

I'm planning on dressing down and not wearing anything clingy/revealing.......any advice??????
I would not change the way you dress... Maybe you could introduce her to Stills. When she sees how great yo look it might inspire her to give it a try.
Old 07-31-2011, 07:07 AM   #622
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Hi girls!! Was on hols with the girls for a few days!! Went on a shopping trip to Manchester!! Sooo many shops, so little funds!!!!! Hee!!! Bought loads though!! Had a great time!! I've been so stressed lately so it was just so good to let my hair down!!
Old 07-31-2011, 07:56 AM   #623
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Hi girls!! Was on hols with the girls for a few days!! Went on a shopping trip to Manchester!! Sooo many shops, so little funds!!!!! Hee!!! Bought loads though!! Had a great time!! I've been so stressed lately so it was just so good to let my hair down!!
Love Manchester... a friend of nine moved there,used to go up there a lot but she came back to London after a few years and I have not been since. Meet any nice footballers.?
Old 07-31-2011, 08:05 AM   #624
Major LCF Poster!

CC
Watched this yesterday and the mussels looked gorge.BBC - Food - Recipes : Mussels ?Rockefeller? style
Old 07-31-2011, 08:59 AM   #625
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
It's MY bridal shower!
O Sh!!!!!!!!!!t it's your day to be the queen.............make it your own!
Old 07-31-2011, 09:01 AM   #626
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I would not change the way you dress... Maybe you could introduce her to Stills. When she sees how great yo look it might inspire her to give it a try.
O Gawd, MMS I tried last year.........her angry remark

'I know how to lose the weight, I just don't know how to kepp it off' she snarled

so that's your reason for 300+ lbs???????? it's a shame to she is lovely....
Old 07-31-2011, 09:04 AM   #627
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
I thought you were with mum! Do tell on the goods you harvested!
Old 07-31-2011, 09:05 AM   #628
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Love Manchester... a friend of nine moved there,used to go up there a lot but she came back to London after a few years and I have not been since. Meet any nice footballers.?
MMS is that a hint about the not so royal wedding?? He's too cute and she is a stunner! wonder why HRH Anne did not want titles and family bankroll for them..........what will they do for cash???????
Old 07-31-2011, 09:27 AM   #629
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

today's choices are.........

cropped linen cargo olive green

beaded tee mine is light beige

gold sandal

backup pair gold wedge sandal

Old 07-31-2011, 09:29 AM   #630
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

went for retail therapy yesterday..sadly, came away with only a cheap pair of jeans to knock around the ranch in and some desperately needed bras.......no shoes to speak of
Closed Thread