Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2011, 01:47 PM   #571
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 195/195/175 5'3.5
WOE: stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011 Restart June 2014
Hey!

I was at 144.6 this am, only lost .2 pounds yesterday but I was at a BBQ and ate steak and half a burger and a hot dog haha so lots of salt and high fat meat and my mom made me bacon this am. I always used to gain on the weekends so as long as I stay the same I'll be happy.

I am making a turkey meatloaf as we speak I am very excited for it!

Sponsored Links
Old 07-24-2011, 11:38 PM   #572
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
WOW MMS met the celeb! Ye are soooo trendy......

Also the 'getting caught up in things' factor is huge for someone so young.........too easy to fall into the trap, plus so young you think you're bulletproof.....
Yeah...now if only I could meet Kate.
Old 07-24-2011, 11:46 PM   #573
Major LCF Poster!

First day of the holidays and I had to get up early because I have the builders in. Been up since six and did not get to sleep until around two so feeling pretty crap this morning.
Old 07-25-2011, 07:49 AM   #574
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/178/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: July 2009 ! Life changing April 9 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
First day of the holidays and I had to get up early because I have the builders in. Been up since six and did not get to sleep until around two so feeling pretty crap this morning.
I hear ya. .I was up until 1:30 and then back up at 5:00!! gonna be a long day.. PMS to boot. .
Old 07-25-2011, 01:36 PM   #575
Major LCF Poster!

Ugh! down another .2 pounds again! what happened to the days of losing a pound a day! I think its almost my TOM so I won't get discouraged just yet but I am getting there I need CC to tell me to ditch the salt or something haha
Old 07-25-2011, 05:45 PM   #576
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

OK .. gals. . here's one for you. rode my bike to the store to get . you guessed it.

Meat!!! hhehhe. . frozen stew meat, frozen chops. made hubby carry them in his back-pack. .
Old 07-25-2011, 05:46 PM   #577
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
Yeah...now if only I could meet Kate.
O God i couldn't take it......I would be the giddy fifth grader, I so adore her........
Quote:
holidays?

biulders........as in remodeling? We would say the carpenter, the electrician, the contractor.......whatcha havin' done?
Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
I hear ya. .I was up until 1:30 and then back up at 5:00!! gonna be a long day.. PMS to boot. .
hey, at least you have the monthly visit.....vegetarianism put an end to that for me.........I'll bet you never thought you'd 'miss' the ritual of womanhood.....yep, I'm gettin' old..........
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
Ugh! down another .2 pounds again! what happened to the days of losing a pound a day! I think its almost my TOM so I won't get discouraged just yet but I am getting there I need CC to tell me to ditch the salt or something haha
yeh ditch the salt babe...........so whatcha been eatin?

O I think the round of dizzies the other day may have been a touch of food poison.....I let those ribs set in the fridge a day too late......finally ditched them.

Bluto demanded he share my half pound of italian sausage today....go figure, with the salt and spices?????????????
actually it wasn't that salty, it was real sausage not turkey...yay pork

I think if my cats will eat it then it's okay. The Hello Kitty diet!

Mar you need to fess up and give the details about the hall of shoes.........my closet for the two of us is 8X8 and I stopped counting at fifty.......
Old 07-25-2011, 05:52 PM   #578
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

mmmmmmmmm Mar I adore meatloaf, any special way you do it?

Ina Garten (the Barefoot Contessa) has a great recipe..........nobody knows it's turkey! The secret is chili powder...
Old 07-25-2011, 05:54 PM   #579
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

O GT havve a good time home..........Dad landed last night......he complained no poultry in De............they love their meat.........that explains a lot (grandperes from Austria c. 1890s)
Old 07-26-2011, 06:05 AM   #580
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

boiling up a baker's dozen of eggs........
Old 07-26-2011, 06:17 AM   #581
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
mmmmmmmmm Mar I adore meatloaf, any special way you do it?

Ina Garten (the Barefoot Contessa) has a great recipe..........nobody knows it's turkey! The secret is chili powder...
No I don't but if you have any recipes please pass them along, I used to make one with italian dressing and BBQ sauce and Italian bread crumbs but that has too many Carbs so I am still looking for a good alternative
Old 07-26-2011, 06:22 AM   #582
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

Mar you need to fess up and give the details about the hall of shoes.........my closet for the two of us is 8X8 and I stopped counting at fifty.......
I had steak and a hot dog on Saturday at a BBQ and bacon on sunday so I think I am getting over my salt overdose

It is my TOM and I was just craving junk so finally I broke down and made shrimp with Broccoli in a PB coconut milk sauce its not really a cheat but its off plan! I onlyu gained .4 pounds from all that broccoli which is great because I used to gain atleast a pound from eating veggies so maybe my body has finally gone "back to normal" haha

haha I definitely have more than 50 I also stopped counting when I got to 50 lol I keep all the out of season shoes in the closset and then I have 2 bookcases in the hallway that I store the shoes I am wearing currently, I wish I had a bigger house I already use my tine spare bedroom as a closet so I guess I could keep some extra shoes in there... now I have to go shop for shoes online!
Old 07-26-2011, 06:48 AM   #583
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: akagal20
Stats: 172.2/155.8/145(Height 5'8)
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: January 18, 2014
Hey gals!

Ive been blazing through reading posts. I always love to catch up.

I have been on this turkey burger craze lately. turkey burger with honey mustard! I've been eating fruit again, limited grapes and bananas and apples. yeah for fruit, but I admit I dont go overboard!

Things have been going well. Maintenance is boring, I will tell you.

My weight has been very stable, I was able to get back to my comfort zone of 135. Seems like things are kind of leveling out for me these days.. I dont really feel like I am on a diet which is why I keep forgetting to come check my boards!

I am back into exercise but careful not to overdo it because that is what causes my appetite to flare up.

Work has become really busy for me and I noticed I eat less food and mostly just graze through out the day here and there.

I have been drinking a lot of diet sodas lately, and I was afraid that would send me into a spiral but it hasnt, thankfully

I am also thinking about becoming a fitness coach,so I can help others get in shape ( and maybe get paid too in the process!)

Last edited by akagal20; 07-26-2011 at 06:49 AM..
Old 07-26-2011, 07:02 AM   #584
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by akagal20 View Post
Hey gals!

I have been on this turkey burger craze lately. turkey burger with honey mustard! I've been eating fruit again, limited grapes and bananas and apples. yeah for fruit, but I admit I dont go overboard!

My weight has been very stable, I was able to get back to my comfort zone of 135. Seems like things are kind of leveling out for me these days.. I dont really feel like I am on a diet which is why I keep forgetting to come check my boards!

I am back into exercise but careful not to overdo it because that is what causes my appetite to flare up.

Work has become really busy for me and I noticed I eat less food and mostly just graze through out the day here and there.

I have been drinking a lot of diet sodas lately, and I was afraid that would send me into a spiral but it hasnt, thankfully

I am also thinking about becoming a fitness coach,so I can help others get in shape ( and maybe get paid too in the process!)
AK!

I am getting close to my goal weight and I am going to need your help even if it is just workout advice!
Old 07-26-2011, 09:40 AM   #585
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: akagal20
Stats: 172.2/155.8/145(Height 5'8)
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: January 18, 2014
Quote:
AK!

I am getting close to my goal weight and I am going to need your help even if it is just workout advice!
Mar!

Sweet! I am glad to hear that.
I have been rolling on the maintain wagon for a while so I have plenty of good advice to offer, as needed

-Tanya
Old 07-26-2011, 11:03 AM   #586
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
No I don't but if you have any recipes please pass them along, I used to make one with italian dressing and BBQ sauce and Italian bread crumbs but that has too many Carbs so I am still looking for a good alternative
you might try parmesan or pork rinds instead of bread crumbs. I just leave them out, as well as the salt.
You will need less eggs and ketchup if you omit them. Try adding one or two tablespoons of chili powder, it really gives it that beefy flavor.

Turkey Meatloaf
Copyright 1999, The Barefoot Contessa Cookbook, All Rights Reserved

.Prep Time:15 minInactive Prep Time:10 minCook Time:1 hr 45 minLevel:
IntermediateServes:
8 to 10 servings.Ingredients
3 cups chopped yellow onions (2 large onions)
2 tablespoons good olive oil
2 teaspoons kosher salt
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves (1/2 teaspoon dried)
1/3 cup Worcestershire sauce
3/4 cup chicken stock
1 1/2 teaspoons tomato paste
5 pounds ground turkey breast
1 1/2 cups plain dry bread crumbs
3 extra-large eggs, beaten
3/4 cup ketchup
Directions
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.

In a medium saute pan, over medium-low heat, cook the onions, olive oil, salt, pepper, and thyme until translucent, but not browned, approximately 15 minutes. Add the Worcestershire sauce, chicken stock, and tomato paste and mix well. Allow to cool to room temperature.

Combine the ground turkey, bread crumbs, eggs, and onion mixture in a large bowl. Mix well and shape into a rectangular loaf on an ungreased sheet pan. Spread the ketchup evenly on top. Bake for 1 1/2 hours until the internal temperature is 160 degrees F. and the meatloaf is cooked through. (A pan of hot water in the oven under the meatloaf will keep the top from cracking.) Serve hot, at room temperature, or cold in a sandwich.

. Copyright 2011 Television Food Network
Old 07-26-2011, 11:09 AM   #587
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I had steak and a hot dog on Saturday at a BBQ and bacon on sunday so I think I am getting over my salt overdose

It is my TOM and I was just craving junk so finally I broke down and made shrimp with Broccoli in a PB coconut milk sauce its not really a cheat but its off plan! I onlyu gained .4 pounds from all that broccoli which is great because I used to gain atleast a pound from eating veggies so maybe my body has finally gone "back to normal" haha

haha I definitely have more than 50 I also stopped counting when I got to 50 lol I keep all the out of season shoes in the closset and then I have 2 bookcases in the hallway that I store the shoes I am wearing currently, I wish I had a bigger house I already use my tine spare bedroom as a closet so I guess I could keep some extra shoes in there... now I have to go shop for shoes online!
WOW do you ever purge old ones???????
Old 07-26-2011, 12:50 PM   #588
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
WOW do you ever purge old ones???????
I haven't in a couple years I only get rid of the out of style ones but I have a couple pairs I've kept for a few years and now they are back in style!
Old 07-26-2011, 01:55 PM   #589
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by akagal20 View Post
Hey gals!

Yum, turkey burgers........they are the greatest, aren't they!

T are you using real honey mustard or making your own with Splenda?

And what's your excersize routine like now?

Please watch for hidden salt in soda......or are you finding that you don't have to watch sodium so much?

OMG I can so see you as a coach! You should so go for it!
Old 07-26-2011, 01:59 PM   #590
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I haven't in a couple years I only get rid of the out of style ones but I have a couple pairs I've kept for a few years and now they are back in style!
HAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHA yer a hoarder you are!

I was too...then I really took a long look at them all and pared dpwn.I brought two or three big garbage bags full to the church store.

Now I kinda try to be like those get organized shows.....bring one in, put one out. It's about a five to one ratio so far...

But I'm also more focused on quality not quantity.......and I did have some real bargains, too.

There's also the metamorphic effect.....the slimmer I get the more my taste/style changes........that's a good thing
Old 07-26-2011, 03:22 PM   #591
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: It'stime
Stats: 186/178/130
WOE: medifast/Atkins
Start Date: June 11th 2014
on plan today.

had 3 eggs and one lean steak.....
Old 07-27-2011, 07:25 AM   #592
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
O God i couldn't take it......I would be the giddy fifth grader, I so adore her........

holidays?

biulders........as in remodeling? We would say the carpenter, the electrician, the contractor.......whatcha havin' done?

hey, at least you have the monthly visit.....vegetarianism put an end to that for me.........I'll bet you never thought you'd 'miss' the ritual of womanhood.....yep, I'm gettin' old..........

O I think the round of dizzies the other day may have been a touch of food poison.....I let those ribs set in the fridge a day too late......finally ditched them.

Bluto demanded he share my half pound of italian sausage today....go figure, with the salt and spices?????????????
actually it wasn't that salty, it was real sausage not turkey...yay pork

I think if my cats will eat it then it's okay. The Hello Kitty diet!

Mar you need to fess up and give the details about the hall of .........my closet for the two of us is 8X8 and I stopped counting at fifty.......
School holidays. Just needed some tiles replacing in the bathroom.
Old 07-27-2011, 07:34 AM   #593
Major LCF Poster!

I am back to plan today bur REALLY struggling. Going to have some garlic mushrooms...
Old 07-27-2011, 07:36 AM   #594
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I am back to plan today bur REALLY struggling. Going to have some garlic mushrooms...
Actually meant garlic mussels
Old 07-27-2011, 07:49 AM   #595
Major LCF Poster!

The Still Man diet
Old 07-27-2011, 02:51 PM   #596
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

What a trying day I've had. My oldest and I woke up early and took our bikes to the Farmer's Market and then we were planning to go to the soup kitchen to volunteer. My other son decided (after football practice) to join us. On the way there, he was hit by a car! Thankfully, he is OK. . just a sore ankle. .but can you imagine that phone call? I was about 5 miles away (on my bike) so I had to high tail it back to allow the ambulance to release him. . Needless to say, I got my workout out of the way early, today!! He sure had a guardian angel on this shoulder. Thank the Lord!!!

So . .how was your day??
Old 07-28-2011, 12:23 AM   #597
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
What a trying day I've had. My oldest and I woke up early and took our bikes to the Farmer's Market and then we were planning to go to the soup kitchen to volunteer. My other son decided (after football practice) to join us. On the way there, he was hit by a car! Thankfully, he is OK. . just a sore ankle. .but can you imagine that phone call? I was about 5 miles away (on my bike) so I had to high tail it back to allow the ambulance to release him. . Needless to say, I got my workout out of the way early, today!! He sure had a guardian angel on this shoulder. Thank the Lord!!!

So . .how was your day??
So glad he is OK, I can imagine how scary it must have been for you...bet you got there in record time too! Yesterday was my first day back on Stillman's and I have been rewarded with a 4lb loss this morning...just the water weight I gained from eating crap before but hey, I am smiling and happy because I found it really difficult yesterday. seems really quiet around here at the moment.
Old 07-28-2011, 09:40 AM   #598
Major LCF Poster!

Wow, its like a ghost town here.
Old 07-28-2011, 09:47 AM   #599
Major LCF Poster!

Feeling a little nervous...I just bought a leather bed for my sons room...you know the ones, they have been around for a while. Thing is I am suppose to be saving, so DH is going to be, well not at all happy. I found it on ebay in a furniture shop and you know what its like...I just placed a little bid and then kind of got carried away. Now I'm thinking I had better put something on there to kind of compensate...I have a vintage Prada bag...have not used it in a while because its really formal...sort of thing that comes out for funerals or court appearances. What to do?
Old 07-28-2011, 10:29 AM   #600
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Wow, its like a ghost town here.
I know!

I find it harder to stay on plan when there isn't anyone for me to talk to
Closed Thread